Gimble's Emerald Spire (Table 2)

Game Master Eric Sklavos

The Clockwork Maze

Initiative: Orovan


1,651 to 1,689 of 1,689 << first < prev | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | next > last >>
Silver Crusade

M Ifrit Oracle (Life) 5

"Well, given each floor has had a theme, and this has been constructs, I'm going to guess something mechanical. No idea what or why, though."


Male Gnome Bard 16, Storyteller (aka DM)

Lucifer puts his hand on the wall and feels a slight vibration.

Knowledge Engineering for any that want to examine it.

Dark Archive

Male Half-Orc Brawler 4/Cleric 1 - HP: 22/43, - AC: 19/T: 12/FF: 17 - INIT: +2, Percep: +6[8] <darkvision> TC: 5/5, TD: 5/5 - F: +11/R: +9/W: +8[9] - CMB: +8 - CMD: 20, Speed: 20ft

Orovan approaches to take a look as well.
"I don't know if it's smart to just lay hands on things here."
knowledge engineering: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (5) + 4 = 9

Dark Archive

Male TN Wayang Unchained Rogue 5.1 | AC 21 (T 16/FF 17) | CMB +3 CMD 18 (FF 14) | HP 43/43 | Init +3 | Fort +2* Ref +7* Will +2* (* +2 vs Shadow Magic & +1 vs Humanoid Reptilians)(Evasion) | Perception +11 (+2 to locate traps) | Darkvision 60' | Speed 20' | Ghost Sound 1/1 | Pass w/o Trace 1/1 | Ventriloquism 1/1 | Vanish 2/2 | Languages: Common, Abyssal, Azlanti, Draconic, Goblin, Infernal, Wayang | Active Conditions:

Lucifer starts heading back to the previous room. "Lets pull the lever that was in this room and see if it changes the pathway."

Waits for everyone to return to the room before pulling the switch.


Male Gnome Bard 16, Storyteller (aka DM)

Lucifer ushers everyone back to the scrap room and changes the lever from the down position to the up position. A cacophony of gears grinding and metal scraping echos through the chamber as the passageway to the north of the scrap room rotates. The passageway from the minotaur's room also rotates shut.

The shutoff passageway in the minotaur's room reveals a curved bronze wall.

As the passageway to the north rotates, you also see the outer walls of the rotating passageway are made of bronze.

Dark Archive

Male Half-Orc Brawler 4/Cleric 1 - HP: 22/43, - AC: 19/T: 12/FF: 17 - INIT: +2, Percep: +6[8] <darkvision> TC: 5/5, TD: 5/5 - F: +11/R: +9/W: +8[9] - CMB: +8 - CMD: 20, Speed: 20ft

"Oh that's how it works. Good thinking Lucifer." Orovan offers with a clap on the back.

Dark Archive

Male TN Wayang Unchained Rogue 5.1 | AC 21 (T 16/FF 17) | CMB +3 CMD 18 (FF 14) | HP 43/43 | Init +3 | Fort +2* Ref +7* Will +2* (* +2 vs Shadow Magic & +1 vs Humanoid Reptilians)(Evasion) | Perception +11 (+2 to locate traps) | Darkvision 60' | Speed 20' | Ghost Sound 1/1 | Pass w/o Trace 1/1 | Ventriloquism 1/1 | Vanish 2/2 | Languages: Common, Abyssal, Azlanti, Draconic, Goblin, Infernal, Wayang | Active Conditions:

With a new pathway opening up, Lucifer heads back through the north door and follows the passageway. Keeping an eye out for traps.

Perception: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (19) + 13 = 32


Male Gnome Bard 16, Storyteller (aka DM)

The corridor moves up to a set of double doors and continues a short way to a dead end.

The double door to the west is made of bronze plate. It is inscribed with runic lettering and the images of strange, partially formed creatures with blank faces and featureless bodies.

The double doors do not appear trapped and are unlocked.

Aklo or Linguistics DC 18:
The writing on the door reads: "“Glory to the makers, the shapers, the fashioners of servants. In this
crucible let artifice and theurgy be joined in noble purpose for the dominion of derrokind!”

Dark Archive

Male TN Wayang Unchained Rogue 5.1 | AC 21 (T 16/FF 17) | CMB +3 CMD 18 (FF 14) | HP 43/43 | Init +3 | Fort +2* Ref +7* Will +2* (* +2 vs Shadow Magic & +1 vs Humanoid Reptilians)(Evasion) | Perception +11 (+2 to locate traps) | Darkvision 60' | Speed 20' | Ghost Sound 1/1 | Pass w/o Trace 1/1 | Ventriloquism 1/1 | Vanish 2/2 | Languages: Common, Abyssal, Azlanti, Draconic, Goblin, Infernal, Wayang | Active Conditions:

Linguistics DC18: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (20) + 8 = 28

Examining the door, Lucifer has no trouble deciphering the writing. "Interesting. It says, 'Glory to the makers, the shapers, the fashioners of servants. In this crucible let artifice and theurgy be joined in noble purpose for the dominion of derrokind!'"

He looks to the others, "I wonder if the next room is where they built the constructs we have encountered."

Silver Crusade

M Ifrit Oracle (Life) 5

"Maybe. May not know or sure even after we look. I mean, how much do you know about construct construction?"

Dark Archive

Male Half-Orc Brawler 4/Cleric 1 - HP: 22/43, - AC: 19/T: 12/FF: 17 - INIT: +2, Percep: +6[8] <darkvision> TC: 5/5, TD: 5/5 - F: +11/R: +9/W: +8[9] - CMB: +8 - CMD: 20, Speed: 20ft

"What is 'derrokind'? They sound like they might be a little exclusive."

Dark Archive

Male TN Wayang Unchained Rogue 5.1 | AC 21 (T 16/FF 17) | CMB +3 CMD 18 (FF 14) | HP 43/43 | Init +3 | Fort +2* Ref +7* Will +2* (* +2 vs Shadow Magic & +1 vs Humanoid Reptilians)(Evasion) | Perception +11 (+2 to locate traps) | Darkvision 60' | Speed 20' | Ghost Sound 1/1 | Pass w/o Trace 1/1 | Ventriloquism 1/1 | Vanish 2/2 | Languages: Common, Abyssal, Azlanti, Draconic, Goblin, Infernal, Wayang | Active Conditions:

"Well lets find out." Lucifer goes to open the door and see what is beyond.


Male Gnome Bard 16, Storyteller (aka DM)

Lucifer opens the door:

This chamber seems to be the origin of the ticking sounds heard elsewhere. A heavy brass housing in the middle of the room covers a clockwork arrangement of gears and cogs, that clank loudly as they slowly move. Revolving camshafts and rocker mechanisms extend from the housing to various points in the ceiling, driving unseen mechanisms.

The room also seems to serve as a workshop. Nine alcoves contain unfinished automatons in various stages of assembly. A panel with a red lever and a black lever is set in a curved wall at the west end of the room, and doors lead east and north.

GM Screen:

1d20 ⇒ 19

Standing in the middle of the room is a man, tall and gaunt; gold plating is joined to his flesh, making him half man, half automaton. He greets you as if he's been expecting you, "I have visitors, it seems! Yet I do not recall inviting you. Explain yourselves!"

Lucifer:
You can see that between you and him are two spinning blade traps that you assume would trigger when within 5 feet of them. They are on the map marked with green dots.

Dark Archive

Male TN Wayang Unchained Rogue 5.1 | AC 21 (T 16/FF 17) | CMB +3 CMD 18 (FF 14) | HP 43/43 | Init +3 | Fort +2* Ref +7* Will +2* (* +2 vs Shadow Magic & +1 vs Humanoid Reptilians)(Evasion) | Perception +11 (+2 to locate traps) | Darkvision 60' | Speed 20' | Ghost Sound 1/1 | Pass w/o Trace 1/1 | Ventriloquism 1/1 | Vanish 2/2 | Languages: Common, Abyssal, Azlanti, Draconic, Goblin, Infernal, Wayang | Active Conditions:

Whispers to the group before responding to the figure. "Don't rush him. There are two blade traps between us and him."

Then to the lone figure. "We are explorers and were assigned to investigate this Spire. We apologies if we intruded on your area, but we still need to explore. Would you be so kind as to allow us to continue?"

Diplomacy: 1d20 ⇒ 19


Male Gnome Bard 16, Storyteller (aka DM)

GM Screen:

1d20 ⇒ 13

The man/automaton smiles wryly, "And why should I just allow you to trespass through my home? You look like common thieves to me." He speaks calmly as if it's a conversation between friends.

Silver Crusade

M Ifrit Oracle (Life) 5

"I think I'm insulted twice over! First, because I am most certainly not a thief, and second because there is no way common anythings could make it this far down the spire! We come peaceably, and ask for peaceful treatment in return, nothing more."

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (18) + 12 = 30


Male Gnome Bard 16, Storyteller (aka DM)

He looks over the ifrit quizzically for a moment before the smile returns, "Perhaps I chose my words poorly as I can see that common you are not. I believe your intentions are peaceful, but what about the goblins, the undine, the spiders and undead, and I assume you've met some of my friends here in my home; did they meet 'peaceful' ends? Still, I do believe you would keep your word, but again I ask, why should I just allow you to trespass through my home?"

Dark Archive

Male Half-Orc Brawler 4/Cleric 1 - HP: 22/43, - AC: 19/T: 12/FF: 17 - INIT: +2, Percep: +6[8] <darkvision> TC: 5/5, TD: 5/5 - F: +11/R: +9/W: +8[9] - CMB: +8 - CMD: 20, Speed: 20ft

"We work for a Society. Explorers. Where we go, others can follow. Traders and the like. Could make you a rich man, if you care about that." Orovan shrugs. "Maybe you don't, I don't know."

Dark Archive

Male TN Wayang Unchained Rogue 5.1 | AC 21 (T 16/FF 17) | CMB +3 CMD 18 (FF 14) | HP 43/43 | Init +3 | Fort +2* Ref +7* Will +2* (* +2 vs Shadow Magic & +1 vs Humanoid Reptilians)(Evasion) | Perception +11 (+2 to locate traps) | Darkvision 60' | Speed 20' | Ghost Sound 1/1 | Pass w/o Trace 1/1 | Ventriloquism 1/1 | Vanish 2/2 | Languages: Common, Abyssal, Azlanti, Draconic, Goblin, Infernal, Wayang | Active Conditions:

Lucifer smirks, "Aren't we full of secrets. How long have you been spying on us? The goblins, undine, spiders, and the undead were all hostile."


Male Gnome Bard 16, Storyteller (aka DM)

@Orovan: "I'm already a rich man, plus it's not gold that motivates me, though it helps."

@Lucifer: "Secrets? No secrets here, and I wouldn't consider it spying as I am the master of the Emerald Spire. How is it you don't know who I am?"

Silver Crusade

M Ifrit Oracle (Life) 5

"Fair enough. But SOMETHING lights your fire, so to speak. There's something you care about. Everybody has something? What's important to you?"

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (8) + 12 = 20
----

"'Master of the Spire?' WOW! Care to discuss your charge, at all? Anything you would be willing to share about the place would be MARVELOUS, and could potentially eliminate our 'need' to continue."

Bluff: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (18) + 4 = 22

Yeah, I'm pretty confident he's lying through borrowed teeth.


Male Gnome Bard 16, Storyteller (aka DM)

"My affairs are my own. But, if you must know, I am in the process of devising the perfect mechanical servant. Absolutely loyal, absolutely fearless, every bit as capable as a living human with none of the fears or vices or ambitions a fallible human might harbor. ”

"I suppose if you had something of value, I could let you pass. What do you propose?"

Dark Archive

Male TN Wayang Unchained Rogue 5.1 | AC 21 (T 16/FF 17) | CMB +3 CMD 18 (FF 14) | HP 43/43 | Init +3 | Fort +2* Ref +7* Will +2* (* +2 vs Shadow Magic & +1 vs Humanoid Reptilians)(Evasion) | Perception +11 (+2 to locate traps) | Darkvision 60' | Speed 20' | Ghost Sound 1/1 | Pass w/o Trace 1/1 | Ventriloquism 1/1 | Vanish 2/2 | Languages: Common, Abyssal, Azlanti, Draconic, Goblin, Infernal, Wayang | Active Conditions:

"Hmm... something to offer..." he ponders.

Dark Archive

Male Half-Orc Brawler 4/Cleric 1 - HP: 22/43, - AC: 19/T: 12/FF: 17 - INIT: +2, Percep: +6[8] <darkvision> TC: 5/5, TD: 5/5 - F: +11/R: +9/W: +8[9] - CMB: +8 - CMD: 20, Speed: 20ft

Could I do like an Appraise check to figure out what might be valuable to him?


Male Gnome Bard 16, Storyteller (aka DM)
Orovan wrote:
Could I do like an Appraise check to figure out what might be valuable to him?

Sure, go ahead.

Dark Archive

Male Half-Orc Brawler 4/Cleric 1 - HP: 22/43, - AC: 19/T: 12/FF: 17 - INIT: +2, Percep: +6[8] <darkvision> TC: 5/5, TD: 5/5 - F: +11/R: +9/W: +8[9] - CMB: +8 - CMD: 20, Speed: 20ft

Appraise: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (6) + 6 = 12
Kno:engineering?: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (13) + 4 = 17
Sense Motive: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (18) + 6 = 24
Orovan considers the man, the conversation, and the works all around him to discern what might make him tick, so to speak.


Male Gnome Bard 16, Storyteller (aka DM)

Orovan measures up the metal-clad man . . .

Orovan:
His main motivation is power and control. You think he might let you pass if you paid him a commission on the worth of the treasure you find beyond this level. He does value his automatons and purchasing one from him would also allow you to pass without provocation, but an Emerald Automaton costs about 12000gp.

From the Sense Motive, you gather that he isn't exactly the most honest and would probably at some point go back on his word when it's most advantageous to him.

Dark Archive

Male Half-Orc Brawler 4/Cleric 1 - HP: 22/43, - AC: 19/T: 12/FF: 17 - INIT: +2, Percep: +6[8] <darkvision> TC: 5/5, TD: 5/5 - F: +11/R: +9/W: +8[9] - CMB: +8 - CMD: 20, Speed: 20ft

"You know, we already busted up your machine-things to get here. Be a shame if we had to carry on like that to get past you."
Intimidate: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 2 = 7 welp


Male Gnome Bard 16, Storyteller (aka DM)

The metal-clad man laughs, "You dare insult me, Klarkosh, Master of the Emerald Spire, in my own home!?! I'm afraid your little exploration adventure ends here."

In the corner, an automaton stands up from the rubble and Karkosh begins to cast.

Roll For Initiative:

Lucifer: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (12) + 3 = 15
Hovok: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (12) + 3 = 15
Jafit: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (11) + 2 = 13
Orovan: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (16) + 2 = 18
GM Pet: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (16) + 3 = 19

Klarkosh is quick to act and he finishes his casting before anyone can act. A small red bead shoots from his finger into the hallway and explodes in a burst of flame, filling the cooridor.

Fire Damage: 7d6 ⇒ (6, 3, 5, 5, 2, 1, 4) = 26 Reflex Save DC 18 for half

Everyone is in the blast.

The automaton moves in front of its master.

Initiative
Round 1
Klarkosh
Orovan
Lucifer
Hovok
Jafit

End of Round

The Party is up.

Dark Archive

Male TN Wayang Unchained Rogue 5.1 | AC 21 (T 16/FF 17) | CMB +3 CMD 18 (FF 14) | HP 43/43 | Init +3 | Fort +2* Ref +7* Will +2* (* +2 vs Shadow Magic & +1 vs Humanoid Reptilians)(Evasion) | Perception +11 (+2 to locate traps) | Darkvision 60' | Speed 20' | Ghost Sound 1/1 | Pass w/o Trace 1/1 | Ventriloquism 1/1 | Vanish 2/2 | Languages: Common, Abyssal, Azlanti, Draconic, Goblin, Infernal, Wayang | Active Conditions:

Reflex DC18: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (17) + 7 = 24
Evasion kicks in, so no damage.

Lucifer instantly spots the fireball and manages to roll off any damage but the attack happened to fast for him to warn his companions.

Silver Crusade

M Ifrit Oracle (Life) 5

Reflex DC18: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (7) + 4 = 11

Failed, so 26 fire damage. Fire Resistance 5 drops that to 21. Fire damage activates Fire in the Blood, giving Jafit Fast Healing 2 for 1 round.

As the flames wash over Jafit, he just stands there and let's the warmth flow over and through him, freeing another aspect of his passion for life. He smiles and reaches into the air around himself, pulling energy from the environment and releasing it in a wave that feels like the heat of passion itself as it washes over and through his companions, skipping the two enemies Jafit recognizes.

Selective Channel Energy to Heal: 3d6 ⇒ (3, 5, 1) = 9

So Jafit goes from 43 to 22 HP, then Fast Heals to 24, then receives 9 from the Channel for 33 HP.

Dark Archive

Male TN Wayang Unchained Rogue 5.1 | AC 21 (T 16/FF 17) | CMB +3 CMD 18 (FF 14) | HP 43/43 | Init +3 | Fort +2* Ref +7* Will +2* (* +2 vs Shadow Magic & +1 vs Humanoid Reptilians)(Evasion) | Perception +11 (+2 to locate traps) | Darkvision 60' | Speed 20' | Ghost Sound 1/1 | Pass w/o Trace 1/1 | Ventriloquism 1/1 | Vanish 2/2 | Languages: Common, Abyssal, Azlanti, Draconic, Goblin, Infernal, Wayang | Active Conditions:

Forgot to take an action.

Lucifer moves up and starts to fool around with the northern blade trap to help make it easier to get through the area.

Disable Device: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (10) + 14 = 24


Male Gnome Bard 16, Storyteller (aka DM)

Jafit immediately heals the party some of the damage from the fireball

Lucifer moves up to the northern trap and begins to disable the device.

Lucifer:

You believe that it could take a few rounds to disable the trap. By looking at it you also notice that once it's triggered, it would need to be manually reset.

Dark Archive

Male Half-Orc Brawler 4/Cleric 1 - HP: 22/43, - AC: 19/T: 12/FF: 17 - INIT: +2, Percep: +6[8] <darkvision> TC: 5/5, TD: 5/5 - F: +11/R: +9/W: +8[9] - CMB: +8 - CMD: 20, Speed: 20ft

Reflex: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (6) + 9 = 15
Orovan takes the blast directly, but somehow stays standing. Thankfully Jafit channels energy into them to undo some of it, but another one of those would surely be trouble.
He moves in and calling upon his brief time as a cleric, he summons a ghostly haze as a momentary distraction.
Obscuring Mist should give us enough cover to get in without getting spelled to death on our way there.


Male Gnome Bard 16, Storyteller (aka DM)

Jafit immediately channels as the fireball washes over everyone.

Lucifer moves up and starts to disable the trap.

Orovan moves up and casts Obscuring Mist.

Reflex Save: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 2 = 8
Hovok moves up with his longhammer in his hand and strikes at the trap in front of him. The trap holds strong, but does crack some.

50% chance to activate trap: 1d100 ⇒ 83
Damage: 2d6 + 6 ⇒ (3, 5) + 6 = 14

Klarkosh laughs through the mist, "Good play, but I'll make you one better." The wizard begins to cast and hailstones come crashing down upon you.

Cold and Bludgeoning Damage: 5d6 ⇒ (1, 6, 6, 4, 4) = 21

No Saving Throw

Heavy snow and sleet rains down in the area. Creatures inside this area take a -4 penalty on Perception skill checks and the entire area is treated as difficult terrain.

Initiative
Round 2
Klarkosh and Construct
Orovan (2/43 hp)
Lucifer (22/43 hp)
Hovok (2/40 hp)
Jafit (12/43 hp)
End of Round

The Party may go.

Dark Archive

Male TN Wayang Unchained Rogue 5.1 | AC 21 (T 16/FF 17) | CMB +3 CMD 18 (FF 14) | HP 43/43 | Init +3 | Fort +2* Ref +7* Will +2* (* +2 vs Shadow Magic & +1 vs Humanoid Reptilians)(Evasion) | Perception +11 (+2 to locate traps) | Darkvision 60' | Speed 20' | Ghost Sound 1/1 | Pass w/o Trace 1/1 | Ventriloquism 1/1 | Vanish 2/2 | Languages: Common, Abyssal, Azlanti, Draconic, Goblin, Infernal, Wayang | Active Conditions:

Seeing Hovok go after the other trap, Lucifer changes his target by drawing out his crossbow and let loose a bolt at the damaged trap. Hoping to either break it or set it off.

+1 xbow vs Southern Trap: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (13) + 8 = 21
Damage: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3

Silver Crusade

M Ifrit Oracle (Life) 5

Where did everyone go? I can (should) spam healing again, but if the other players aren't playing?

Jafit shivers a bit as the wave of cold washes past, so he reaches deep within, finding a memory to spark the desired warmth, the filling, spreading, warm emanations one experiences while enjoying a good cup of hot cocoa with your family and friends goes to recharge their souls and counter the dhill of the stranger's spell.

Selective Channel Energy to Heal: 3d6 ⇒ (1, 6, 6) = 13

Puts our worst back to 15, anyway.


Male Gnome Bard 16, Storyteller (aka DM)

Lucifer 50% Miss Chance: 1d100 ⇒ 12

Lucifer, unable to see through the mist, gets out his crossbow and shoots to where he knows the trap to be, but unfortunately it misses its mark and skips against the wall on the other side of the room.

Jafit calls upon Sarenrae and channels to heal his allies.

Hovok will take another swing at the trap, but unfortunately hits nothing but the mist.
50% Miss Chance: 1d100 ⇒ 35

Orovan is up.

Dark Archive

Male Half-Orc Brawler 4/Cleric 1 - HP: 22/43, - AC: 19/T: 12/FF: 17 - INIT: +2, Percep: +6[8] <darkvision> TC: 5/5, TD: 5/5 - F: +11/R: +9/W: +8[9] - CMB: +8 - CMD: 20, Speed: 20ft

Seems I've sabotaged our team. Unfortunately if I don't heal this round I may die.

Orovan curses as the magic cascades down upon them again, bringing him to the edge of death. Somewhere in the mist, Jafit calls out for more healing, but he can't keep it up forever.
Once again channeling his divine magic, Orovan pushes healing through himself.
Cure Light Wounds: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 7
He speaks the orcish words for "Fall back!", but he's not sure where everyone is or if they even speak orc.

1,651 to 1,689 of 1,689 << first < prev | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Gimble's Emerald Spire (Table 2) All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.