Game Master S's "Dead Suns" (Inactive)

Game Master Chris Marsh

TACTICAL MAP |STRATEGIC MAPS
HANDOUTS | CAMPAIGN RECORDS | DRAMATIS PERSONAE |DRAMATIS NAVES | Sunrise Maiden | Ship Roles | The Story Thus Far

Initiative:

[dice=Hostiles]d20[/dice]
[dice=Booker]d20+11[/dice]
[dice=Dunklezahn]d20+10[/dice]
[dice=Gig]d20+4[/dice]
[dice=Hack-it]d20+4[/dice]
[dice=Janzi]d20+1[/dice]

Skill Quickpost:

Perception
[dice=Booker]d20+13[/dice] (Darkvision 60')
[dice=Dunklezahn]d20+10[/dice] (Darkvision 60')
[dice=Gig]d20+0[/dice]
[dice=Hack-it]d20+6[/dice] (Darkvision 60')
--->[dice=Hum]d20-1[/dice]
[dice=Janzi]d20+13[/dice]

Sense Motive:
[dice=Booker]d20+0[/dice]
[dice=Dunklezahn]d20+0[/dice]
[dice=Gig]d20+0[/dice]
[dice=Hack-it]d20+0[/dice]
[dice=R.1.G.5.]d20+0[/dice]
[dice=Torin]d20+6[/dice]


2,951 to 3,000 of 5,307 << first < prev | 55 | 56 | 57 | 58 | 59 | 60 | 61 | 62 | 63 | 64 | 65 | next > last >>

Sivv Technomancer 16 SP 176/176 HP 82/82 RP 15/16 | EAC 37 KAC 38 | Spells 1: 7/7, 2: 7/7, 3:7/7, 4: 6/6, 5:3/4 6:3/3| F+12 R+14 W+14 | Init+5 | Perc+18 SM+0

Yes, Gig can power through some more. However, I can’t wait to level up. Level 3 spells!

”Yeah, just get us to the server. I’m not sure if it will be as easy as getting into a can of one hundred year space gruel, but certainly it will be easier than getting into a can of one hundred fifty year old space gruel. You wouldn’t believe the difference fifty years can make when opening cans.”


| Devastation Ark | Settling Accounts | Ship Roles |

It's simply spells per day. We apply our Pathfinder brains to Starfinder expectations. In the mystic class description you just get "spells per day." New day, new spells. (No praying, studying, or meditating.


Male CN damaya lashunta Scholar Mystic (mindbreaker)/16 | SP 130/144 HP 87/100| RP 14/15 | EAC 35; KAC 36 | Fort +11, Refl +11, Will +17 | Init +5 | Perc +26, SM +30 | Speed 30ft | Spells 1st 7/7 remaining, 2nd 7/7 remaining, 3rd 7/7 remaining, 4th 5/5 remaining, 5th 4/4 remaining, 6th 2/3 remaining | Active conditions: sickened (6 rnds)
Game Master S wrote:
It's simply spells per day. We apply our Pathfinder brains to Starfinder expectations. In the mystic class description you just get "spells per day." New day, new spells. (No praying, studying, or meditating.

Not entirely true. As I (finally) found on p 262 under "Special Abilities":

SFCRB wrote:
Spellcasters such as mystics and technomancers follow the same rules to regain their daily spell slots, but they must spend 15 minutes concentrating after the rest period to ready their minds to regain their daily allotments of spell slots. Without such a period of concentration, spellcasters do not regain spell slots used up the day before. (Emphasis added.)

The layout on this rulebook remains mystifying. But carrying on...


Male CN damaya lashunta Scholar Mystic (mindbreaker)/16 | SP 130/144 HP 87/100| RP 14/15 | EAC 35; KAC 36 | Fort +11, Refl +11, Will +17 | Init +5 | Perc +26, SM +30 | Speed 30ft | Spells 1st 7/7 remaining, 2nd 7/7 remaining, 3rd 7/7 remaining, 4th 5/5 remaining, 5th 4/4 remaining, 6th 2/3 remaining | Active conditions: sickened (6 rnds)

Janzi listens to Gig pontificate on the difference in aged space gruel and has a thousand thoughts go through his head.

Quote:

How many times have you compared a five-decade difference in space gruel?

Is that branded space gruel or generic?

I remember seeing a vidgram once that claimed space gruel was people. It was not clear at the time exactly which people, however.

Instead he simply says, Let's tackle this cult stuff at first light. I'm pretty tired of the Kish-spiracy here anyway.


| Devastation Ark | Settling Accounts | Ship Roles |

HAHAHAH! I stand corrected. Shame on me for thinking I had untangled the Gordian Knot!


Male CN Ysoki Outlaw Mechanic 15 | SP 136/150 HP 92/92 RP 13/14 | EAC 31 KAC 31 | F+13 R+15 W+10 | Init +6 | Perc+21 SM+13 || Hum HP 108/150 | EAC 29 KAC 29 | F+4 R+15 W+5 | Perc +21 (Blindsense 60ft, Darkvision 60ft, Low-Light Vision)

"You really know your space gruel, Gig," Hack-It says with a hint of admiration. "Alright, let's rest. I've got a few modifications that I want to make anyhow."


| Devastation Ark | Settling Accounts | Ship Roles |

Let's be leveled up and ready to go by 0800 EST on Monday morning!


N Human Pilot Soldier 16 SP 176/176 HP 116/116 RP 14/16 | EAC 37 KAC 38 | F+14 R+13 W+13 | Init+12 | LLV, DV (60 feet), Perc+20 SM+1 | Speed 50ft

Booker organizes watches and makes sure the Maiden is ready to go at a moment's notice, then crashes for a good sleep.

Ready.

Grand Lodge

Male LN Vesk Soldier Mercenary 16 SP 162/176 HP 118/118 | RP 14/15 | EAC 35; KAC 42; CMAC 50 | Fort +14; Ref +15; Will +13 | Init: +11 | Perc: +18, SM: 18 Active conditions:

Cooking: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (12) + 11 = 23

Happy to be back aboard the Maiden, Dunk fixes a delicious, hot meal for the crew.

After cleaning up, he crashes, getting a good night's sleep before the rigors he expects for the following day.

Ready


Male CN damaya lashunta Scholar Mystic (mindbreaker)/16 | SP 130/144 HP 87/100| RP 14/15 | EAC 35; KAC 36 | Fort +11, Refl +11, Will +17 | Init +5 | Perc +26, SM +30 | Speed 30ft | Spells 1st 7/7 remaining, 2nd 7/7 remaining, 3rd 7/7 remaining, 4th 5/5 remaining, 5th 4/4 remaining, 6th 2/3 remaining | Active conditions: sickened (6 rnds)

Janzi reminds everyone that they need to find the server first to figure out where the cult went; but then will likewise be altogether pleased to be departing Nejeor and the backward "city" of Istamak.

While restful, his sleep is fitful, with visions of kish — entirely unbidden — dancing in his head. He wakes up in a foul mood. Let's get this over with and get the frack out of here. I have never been so ready to be off-planet in my life.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Male CN Ysoki Outlaw Mechanic 15 | SP 136/150 HP 92/92 RP 13/14 | EAC 31 KAC 31 | F+13 R+15 W+10 | Init +6 | Perc+21 SM+13 || Hum HP 108/150 | EAC 29 KAC 29 | F+4 R+15 W+5 | Perc +21 (Blindsense 60ft, Darkvision 60ft, Low-Light Vision)

Hack-It boards the Sunrise Maiden with a scowl across his face. He gets into his workspace, hitting Hum with a furious fist as he closes the door.

"Gods be damned! You metallic flying scrap heap! You're going to start carrying your weight!" the mechanic shouts loud enough that others nearby could probably hear him. The sound of crashing as things fall (or are thrown) make it obvious that it's best to give the Ysoki some space.

Within an hour of their return Hum has been completely disassembled. Bolts, screws, wire filaments, printed circuit boards, and several unknowable pieces are scattered about his workspace.

During the second hour Hum has been rebuilt to a completely different shape. With the appearance of a metallic Frankenstein's monster, the drone wobbles on two legs as it moves about. "Testing subroutine 02729. And... go," Hack-It says, entering the command in his wrist console. The two-legged drone takes a step forward, wobbles, and takes another. It then inexplicably falls face forward with a loud crash.

A third hour passes, this one filled with more domestic rage in the mechanic's quarters.

In the fourth hour the drone is reassembled. It looks almost exactly the same as it did before being disassembled, but now sports a red button on its side with the words "Deadly Mode" scratched into the otherwise sleek metal surface. "I give up on you. No better than before. Why won't you even try to be something more?? It's your limits that put people in danger. I mean Dunk almost..." Hack-It trails off. If anyone were watching him, you'd be unsure if he was talking to the drone or to himself.

The fifth and sixth hours are perhaps the most peculiar. Hack-It moves about the ship calm and collected. He makes several trips back and forth to collect various items that they've collected. Specifically:

  • D Suit I
  • Frostbite-class Zero Rifle
  • Two Aeon Guard Spec Ops Armor
  • Aeon Guard Accelerator Rifle
  • Two Corona Laser Pistol
  • Two Tactical Knife
  • Two Thunderstrike Pulse Gauntlet
  • Snub scattergun

Within that two hour timeframe he disassembles each item, then pulls items from his own storage chest and disassembles them as well. And then he begins the the painstaking process of creation. It starts as a heap of scrap metal. But high-intensity flame, loud hammering, careful grinding, and vociferous swearing combine into a weapon.

Finally, Hack-It sleeps.
=======================

The next morning Dunklezahn hears the metallic screech of something being dragged along the floor. It's the prelude to Hack-It's arrival.

"Hey bud. Figured you might want something new that can cut people up," Hack-It says. He lifts up an overlarge two-edged sword that is meant to create terrifying wounds. It is not a suble weapon, especially with the elaborate spiked designs worked into the blade, hilt, and pommel.

Gingerly, he hands it to Dunklezahn. "It's called a Devastation Blade. And if that doesn't scare them away, then natural selection suggests that they're meant to die anyhow. Enjoy."

Grand Lodge

Male LN Vesk Soldier Mercenary 16 SP 162/176 HP 118/118 | RP 14/15 | EAC 35; KAC 42; CMAC 50 | Fort +14; Ref +15; Will +13 | Init: +11 | Perc: +18, SM: 18 Active conditions:

Dunklezahn takes the blade from Hack-It. He takes several short, measured swings with it and spends a moment admiring the craftsmanship and embellishments on the blade.

Damn, Hack-It. That's a remarkable bit of work. Thank you. I'll make sure to put it to good use. Here, let me fix you up something.

Dunklezahn makes a tasty bit of breakfast for Hack-It.

Cooking: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (9) + 11 = 20


Male CN Ysoki Outlaw Mechanic 15 | SP 136/150 HP 92/92 RP 13/14 | EAC 31 KAC 31 | F+13 R+15 W+10 | Init +6 | Perc+21 SM+13 || Hum HP 108/150 | EAC 29 KAC 29 | F+4 R+15 W+5 | Perc +21 (Blindsense 60ft, Darkvision 60ft, Low-Light Vision)

Hack-It takes a bite into the breakfast. He then begins eating like he's not had a good meal in days. "It's pretty cheesy," he manages to say between mouthfuls. "Normally I'd say that's kinda racist. Everyone acts like Ysoki love cheese. Personally, I dig the noodle dish you did last time. But this," he pauses to put more food in his mouth, then chews. "This is just right. And it puts me in the mood to re-kill some idiotic, Apocalypse-seeking walking corpses."

He pushes the now empty dish away and stands. "Let's get this over with, hey?"

Grand Lodge

Male LN Vesk Soldier Mercenary 16 SP 162/176 HP 118/118 | RP 14/15 | EAC 35; KAC 42; CMAC 50 | Fort +14; Ref +15; Will +13 | Init: +11 | Perc: +18, SM: 18 Active conditions:

After wrapping up sandwiches, dried fruits, crisps, and canteens for everyone to take with them, Dunklezahn takes off his apron and hangs it on its hook in the galley. He stretches, double checks the seals on his armor, and shoulders his new blade.

I'm ready to bust some heads. Let's get the others together and head out.


| Devastation Ark | Settling Accounts | Ship Roles |

The party suits up, with Booker giving a mighty belch of approval for Dunklezahn's culinary mastery I resisted this joke for so long, but Dunklezahn cooking reminds me of Hunk!

The party deploys on the floating bit of Istamak’s outskirts.

A smooth path runs past an overgrown lawn to the entrance of this drab building. The knee-high blue-and-green grass smells sweet, like honey warming in the sun. The structure’s walls are shot through with barely perceptible white filaments webbing across the entire surface.

Life Science DC 25:

the filaments are a kind of mold; while breathing air near the mold might have negative longterm health consequences for anyone unprotected, the environmental protections of the your armor should filter out any of its spores. If you beat the DC by 5, check out this spoiler too
Spoiler:

the mold is one massive colony and, having grown to this size, it might be able to defend itself if it perceives an attack.

Engineering DC 25:

the filaments are acting as a kind of structural support, keeping the walls of the building from collapsing in on themselves.

Map is updated.


N Human Pilot Soldier 16 SP 176/176 HP 116/116 RP 14/16 | EAC 37 KAC 38 | F+14 R+13 W+13 | Init+12 | LLV, DV (60 feet), Perc+20 SM+1 | Speed 50ft

Booker checks that his weapon is loaded and the safety off. He knows by the weight how many bullets are left in the cartridge without having to look, and can see the red tab of the safety in his peripheral vision. He checks anyway, out of habit rather than necessity.

"Bet the thing's rigged with explosives," he sniffs, gesturing at the white filaments. "Anybody been by recently?"

This last part he expresses at the ground, checking it for prints.

Survival: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (14) + 10 = 24


Male CN damaya lashunta Scholar Mystic (mindbreaker)/16 | SP 130/144 HP 87/100| RP 14/15 | EAC 35; KAC 36 | Fort +11, Refl +11, Will +17 | Init +5 | Perc +26, SM +30 | Speed 30ft | Spells 1st 7/7 remaining, 2nd 7/7 remaining, 3rd 7/7 remaining, 4th 5/5 remaining, 5th 4/4 remaining, 6th 2/3 remaining | Active conditions: sickened (6 rnds)

Life Science: 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (11) + 15 = 26

That white stuff looks like mold, Janzi says. Unhealthy stuff, at the very least. He keeps an eye peeled for trouble.

Perception: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (11) + 13 = 24


Male CN Ysoki Outlaw Mechanic 15 | SP 136/150 HP 92/92 RP 13/14 | EAC 31 KAC 31 | F+13 R+15 W+10 | Init +6 | Perc+21 SM+13 || Hum HP 108/150 | EAC 29 KAC 29 | F+4 R+15 W+5 | Perc +21 (Blindsense 60ft, Darkvision 60ft, Low-Light Vision)

Engineering: 1d20 + 18 ⇒ (8) + 18 = 26

"The filaments are the only thing holding that building together. It's the reason the walls haven't collapsed. Odd. And potentially dangerous."


| Devastation Ark | Settling Accounts | Ship Roles |

Booker is confident than this place hasn't seen a visitor in a long, long time. As the soldier looks down, Janzi looks up. Coming in from the nearby clouds are a [url=https://docs.google.com/presentation/d/1V7jEzjuGxjTiFcmjxQJB_9-er0SdvSXY_aRtw6VRzss/edit#slide=id.g594c827448_0_0]pair of strange bulbous creatures, large, floating, living sacs of gas that vaguely resemble jellyfish. At first, unsure of their hostility, one spits a hardened pellet of minerals with a speed just shy of a bullet! It ricochets off the ground, but their intentions are now clear:

Hostiles: 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (2) + 0 = 2
Booker: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (5) + 5 = 10
Dunklezahn: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (12) + 9 = 21
Gig: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 4 = 7
Hack-it: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (20) + 4 = 24
R.1.G.5.: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (5) + 6 = 11
Torin: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2


| Devastation Ark | Settling Accounts | Ship Roles |

Round 1:
Hack-It: Go
Dunklezahn: Go
R1G5: Go
Booker: Go
Gig: Go
Janzi: Go

Hostiles: TBD

They're currently 20' off the ground.


Male CN damaya lashunta Scholar Mystic (mindbreaker)/16 | SP 130/144 HP 87/100| RP 14/15 | EAC 35; KAC 36 | Fort +11, Refl +11, Will +17 | Init +5 | Perc +26, SM +30 | Speed 30ft | Spells 1st 7/7 remaining, 2nd 7/7 remaining, 3rd 7/7 remaining, 4th 5/5 remaining, 5th 4/4 remaining, 6th 2/3 remaining | Active conditions: sickened (6 rnds)

Janzi ducks behind R.1.G.5. to avoid the pellet, then aims his corona laser pistol. I've been unpopular before, he says, but I don't recall being this unpopular this often. At this point I can only conclude that the galaxy doesn't like Ysoki.

corona laser pistol at Black: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (13) + 7 = 20
dmg (F): 2d4 + 3 ⇒ (4, 2) + 3 = 9


| Devastation Ark | Settling Accounts | Ship Roles |

JAnzi finds the creatures relatively easy to hit, as his pistol burns a chunk of the floating jelly.

Round 1:
Hack-It: Go
Dunklezahn: Go
R1G5: Go
Booker: Go
Gig: Go

Janzi: Hit
Hostiles: TBD

DM:

Black: 9

Grand Lodge

Male LN Vesk Soldier Mercenary 16 SP 162/176 HP 118/118 | RP 14/15 | EAC 35; KAC 42; CMAC 50 | Fort +14; Ref +15; Will +13 | Init: +11 | Perc: +18, SM: 18 Active conditions:

Dunklezahn steps forward to put himself between the bogies and the others. As he does, he draws his laser pistol and takes a quick shot at the closer creature.

Laser Pistol, Azimuth, Harrying Fire: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (5) + 9 = 14


Sivv Technomancer 16 SP 176/176 HP 82/82 RP 15/16 | EAC 37 KAC 38 | Spells 1: 7/7, 2: 7/7, 3:7/7, 4: 6/6, 5:3/4 6:3/3| F+12 R+14 W+14 | Init+5 | Perc+18 SM+0

"I think I have an explosive plan that may work on these pesky creatures!" Gig cries out.

Gig moves his hand in somatic gestures and with a sharp command, presently unheard of from his companions, he casts a newly learned spell, Explosive Blast, that explodes about 30 feet off of the ground in the area of effect of the strange bulbous creatures.

Explosive Blast: 9d6 ⇒ (2, 5, 3, 6, 1, 2, 2, 5, 6) = 32

Saving Throw DC 18 Reflex Save for Half

"Look out below!"


N Human Pilot Soldier 16 SP 176/176 HP 116/116 RP 14/16 | EAC 37 KAC 38 | F+14 R+13 W+13 | Init+12 | LLV, DV (60 feet), Perc+20 SM+1 | Speed 50ft

"Yuck," Booker grunts after learning about the mold. He checks his suit's environmental seals, too.

* * *

"You didn't say you did concert pyrotechnics, too, Gig," Booker comments dryly. He raises his rifle. "Time to pop some balloons."

Focus Fire @ Black KAC: 1d20 + 13 - 2 - 3 ⇒ (2) + 13 - 2 - 3 = 10
Piercing Damage: 2d10 + 9 + 3 ⇒ (6, 6) + 9 + 3 = 24

Focus Fire @ Black KAC: 1d20 + 13 - 2 - 3 ⇒ (15) + 13 - 2 - 3 = 23
Piercing Damage: 2d10 + 9 + 3 ⇒ (4, 7) + 9 + 3 = 23


| Devastation Ark | Settling Accounts | Ship Roles |

Dunklezahn's quick hip shot is just a bit off target. Booker's opening salvo scores a solid hit. The creature begins oozing some kind of goo from it's main bubble.

REF Green: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (12) + 4 = 16
REF Black: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (5) + 4 = 9

The already leaking creature pops in the blast. It's goo splatters on everything. The other creature looks like it's about to beat a somewhat hasty retreat!

Round 1:
Hack-It: Go
Dunklezahn: Miss
R1G5: Go
Booker: Hit
Gig: BOOM!
Janzi: Hit
Hostiles: TBD

DM:

Green: 32


Male CN Ysoki Outlaw Mechanic 15 | SP 136/150 HP 92/92 RP 13/14 | EAC 31 KAC 31 | F+13 R+15 W+10 | Init +6 | Perc+21 SM+13 || Hum HP 108/150 | EAC 29 KAC 29 | F+4 R+15 W+5 | Perc +21 (Blindsense 60ft, Darkvision 60ft, Low-Light Vision)

Hack-It delays, fine with the idea of letting it go.

Acquisitives

N Android Bounty Hunter Operative 6 | SP 49/49 HP 34/42 | RP 7/8 | EAC 19; KAC 19 | Fort +4; Ref +10; Will +7 | Init: +7 | Perc: +13, SM: +4 | Speed 40ft | Active conditions: None

R1G5 digs into their memory stick to see if it remembers seeing one of these things before.

Life Science: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (15) + 6 = 21


| Devastation Ark | Settling Accounts | Ship Roles |

R1G5 hasn't seen anything exactly like this, but similar things. They're like some kind of variant barathu. They're rather unremarkable beyond their strange adaptation which allows them to "spit" minerals.

Acquisitives

N Android Bounty Hunter Operative 6 | SP 49/49 HP 34/42 | RP 7/8 | EAC 19; KAC 19 | Fort +4; Ref +10; Will +7 | Init: +7 | Perc: +13, SM: +4 | Speed 40ft | Active conditions: None

Hmm... barathu.

Since it's fleeing, R1G5 will let it go. Delay


| Devastation Ark | Settling Accounts | Ship Roles |

Having killed one, and the other fleeing, the party lets the strange floating creature live to fight another day.

Now there is nothing between them and finding a way into the the Temple Found.

For defeating the creatures, the party earns 3,200 XP.

Grand Lodge

Male LN Vesk Soldier Mercenary 16 SP 162/176 HP 118/118 | RP 14/15 | EAC 35; KAC 42; CMAC 50 | Fort +14; Ref +15; Will +13 | Init: +11 | Perc: +18, SM: 18 Active conditions:

Dunk moves to the door and checks if it's open.


| Devastation Ark | Settling Accounts | Ship Roles |

Dunk finds them unlocked, but jammed shut due to the vines.

STR: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (1) + 5 = 6
STR: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (2) + 5 = 7
STR: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (6) + 5 = 11
STR: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (13) + 5 = 18
STR: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (6) + 5 = 11
STR: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (18) + 5 = 23

After a full minute of yanking on the door, the mighty Dunklezahn tears it open.

Except for the carpet of pale white mold covering everything, this room appears to have been untouched for millennia. Five heavily padded chairs sit against the western and southern walls. A bed of mushrooms grows on a large, four-foot-high, L-shaped desk across from the main entrance, next to a small cabinet. A door leads north. Map updated

Grand Lodge

Male LN Vesk Soldier Mercenary 16 SP 162/176 HP 118/118 | RP 14/15 | EAC 35; KAC 42; CMAC 50 | Fort +14; Ref +15; Will +13 | Init: +11 | Perc: +18, SM: 18 Active conditions:

Dunk double checks the environmental seals on his armor. Then, he heads in and checks the next door.


| Devastation Ark | Settling Accounts | Ship Roles |

STR: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (5) + 5 = 10
STR: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (18) + 5 = 23

With his seals confirmed, Dunklezahn pushes on. It takes a bit to pull this door open, but he gets it. Map updated

Grand Lodge

Male LN Vesk Soldier Mercenary 16 SP 162/176 HP 118/118 | RP 14/15 | EAC 35; KAC 42; CMAC 50 | Fort +14; Ref +15; Will +13 | Init: +11 | Perc: +18, SM: 18 Active conditions:

Dunk motions everyone forward, then advances to the next door in the corridor.

He checks the door quickly. Perception: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (4) + 7 = 11

If he doesn't detect anything, he'll open the door.


| Devastation Ark | Settling Accounts | Ship Roles |

Dunklezahn opens the door, this time without issue, and finds that it's a rather open area with a few hallways to choose from.


N Human Pilot Soldier 16 SP 176/176 HP 116/116 RP 14/16 | EAC 37 KAC 38 | F+14 R+13 W+13 | Init+12 | LLV, DV (60 feet), Perc+20 SM+1 | Speed 50ft

Booker glances at Dunklezahn. Wordlessly, they get into position, then swing in unison in opposite directions to face the next pair of rooms simultaneously.

Map updated. Apologies for taking liberties; Dunk is welcome to do the same.


Sivv Technomancer 16 SP 176/176 HP 82/82 RP 15/16 | EAC 37 KAC 38 | Spells 1: 7/7, 2: 7/7, 3:7/7, 4: 6/6, 5:3/4 6:3/3| F+12 R+14 W+14 | Init+5 | Perc+18 SM+0

”Have we found the temple found?” Gig remarks with a grin rather please with his clever word use.

Perception: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (8) + 8 = 16


| Devastation Ark | Settling Accounts | Ship Roles |

While Gig cracks jokes, Dunklezahn and Booker wheel forward. This spacious room is a wide swath of small, gray hillocks covering what might have once been a collection of desks and chairs. Two doors exit the room to the south. There is a doorway to a smaller room to the northwest, and a short hallway leads east past two other doors. No creatures stir.

Grand Lodge

Male LN Vesk Soldier Mercenary 16 SP 162/176 HP 118/118 | RP 14/15 | EAC 35; KAC 42; CMAC 50 | Fort +14; Ref +15; Will +13 | Init: +11 | Perc: +18, SM: 18 Active conditions:

Doors and corners.

Dunk moves down the short corridor and peaks into the two rooms across from each other.


Sivv Technomancer 16 SP 176/176 HP 82/82 RP 15/16 | EAC 37 KAC 38 | Spells 1: 7/7, 2: 7/7, 3:7/7, 4: 6/6, 5:3/4 6:3/3| F+12 R+14 W+14 | Init+5 | Perc+18 SM+0

After Gig realizes that his jokes are not going over well, he puts a serious grin on his face and try to follow Booker's lead. He draws his laser pistol and suddenly swings around the next corner into the room ready to fire at the unexpected. Fortunately, Booker and Dunk have already made sure the room is clear.

Perception: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (9) + 8 = 17


Male CN Ysoki Outlaw Mechanic 15 | SP 136/150 HP 92/92 RP 13/14 | EAC 31 KAC 31 | F+13 R+15 W+10 | Init +6 | Perc+21 SM+13 || Hum HP 108/150 | EAC 29 KAC 29 | F+4 R+15 W+5 | Perc +21 (Blindsense 60ft, Darkvision 60ft, Low-Light Vision)

Hack-It chuckles at Gig's antics. "I feel like I saw that move in one of those over the top spy action vids. Is that where you get your moves, Gig?"


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Sivv Technomancer 16 SP 176/176 HP 82/82 RP 15/16 | EAC 37 KAC 38 | Spells 1: 7/7, 2: 7/7, 3:7/7, 4: 6/6, 5:3/4 6:3/3| F+12 R+14 W+14 | Init+5 | Perc+18 SM+0

Gig replies to Hack in hushed tones. ”I’ve seen some good spy vids in my time, but honestly, I feel like I’m in my own live action extreme vid right now. Maybe even something like Pact World Warriors. Look at those two up front. They enter those rooms like they are ruthless professionals. How can I complete with that? It wasn’t that long ago that I learned that I have to turn off my safety before I fire my blaster. I just wish I could impress them with my shooting ability. I think all they see me good for is opening doors and revving up the engines when we get back aboard the Maiden. I figure if I want to get good, I’ve got to start acting like a real mercenary. So what do you think? Will my moves help me earn their respect?”


| Devastation Ark | Settling Accounts | Ship Roles |

The party banters as they explore. To the right is more of the same. To the left is slightly different. Though this room is as covered in mold as the rest of the building, the smell here is somehow even worse. A foul, rotting odor wafts from what appears to be an open unpowered refrigeration unit. Rotting cabinets, some whose doors have long ago fallen off, hang on the walls, and parts of a small, round table peek out from under a mound of mold.

Map updated.

Grand Lodge

Male LN Vesk Soldier Mercenary 16 SP 162/176 HP 118/118 | RP 14/15 | EAC 35; KAC 42; CMAC 50 | Fort +14; Ref +15; Will +13 | Init: +11 | Perc: +18, SM: 18 Active conditions:

Dunk looks over to Booker and signals to him to head down the southern corridor while Dunk takes the north. Booker puts his rifle to his shoulder and slowly makes his way east. Dunk readies his blade and moves, hoping nothing pops up when he meets Booker on the other side.


| Devastation Ark | Settling Accounts | Ship Roles |

The two soldier push their way down the rows, only to determine, there isn't anything of interest in either row.

Grand Lodge

Male LN Vesk Soldier Mercenary 16 SP 162/176 HP 118/118 | RP 14/15 | EAC 35; KAC 42; CMAC 50 | Fort +14; Ref +15; Will +13 | Init: +11 | Perc: +18, SM: 18 Active conditions:

Dunk calls the others forward over comms. He then motions to Booker to cover him as he proceeds forward to check out the rest of the room.


| Devastation Ark | Settling Accounts | Ship Roles |

While one of the rooms is larger than the other, they are both furnished similarly, each with a desk and some chairs. Both the offices and their furnishings are covered with mold.


N Human Pilot Soldier 16 SP 176/176 HP 116/116 RP 14/16 | EAC 37 KAC 38 | F+14 R+13 W+13 | Init+12 | LLV, DV (60 feet), Perc+20 SM+1 | Speed 50ft

Dunk and Booker press on. They push through to the hallway, and flank the door across the hall. Booker covers the aperture while Dunk gently pushes it open.

Map updated. Headed east. I think there is a door between us.

2,951 to 3,000 of 5,307 << first < prev | 55 | 56 | 57 | 58 | 59 | 60 | 61 | 62 | 63 | 64 | 65 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Game Master S's "Dead Suns" All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.