GMTheBobJones #6–19: Test of Tar Kuata (Inactive)

Game Master TheBobJones

Where on Golarion | Tatical | CLW


351 to 400 of 402 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | next > last >>
Grand Lodge

Male Half-Orc Level 9, #-2

Lort was leaping the web as well as the water. He got 20ft (was actually hoping for 10-15ft), so please see my fat blue dashed line on the map for his "air time". I'm assuming that if he's jumping over it, he's not entangled by it until he lands. He had enough movement to go further south to make it a direct line of 10ft for the running leap, but not enough map (and I don't know if it has to be a direct line anyway). It's fine if you rule he can't have done all that.

If Lort became entangled:

He still has a standard action left (60ft movement speed with haste), so he uses that to break free from the web.

Lort str check: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (1) + 5 = 6 Ooh boy! I hope I don't need the spoilered action!

Edit: Forgot a conditional

If it had to be a direct 10 ft line for a running start:

Acrobatics (jumping) - doesn't say direct line, just 10 ft running start. If you rule it does need to be direct (which is absolutely fine by me) and that there isn't a clear spot on the square to the south, then it will be a standing jump, which means he jumps 10ft, landing on the square I've moved the blue star to.

Note: This is actually a better spot for me, since it doesn't get an AoO, and I'm no further away from Rovagug.

Grand Lodge

Male Half-Orc Level 9, #-2

Please forget everything have posted with my sincere apologies for this misunderstanding.

Lort realizes that he won't be able to leap through the webs and instead skirts around the southern edge of the pool and draws out his vial of alchemist's fire.

"This will work against the web, right?" he asks Ibid.

Not sure if it will, I know it works against the web spell, but need a beast lore-ist to tell me about the physical version.

Silver Crusade

Male LN Human (Chelaxian) Inquisitor (Asmodeus) 9 | HP: 72/72 | AC: 26 (15 tch, 24 Fl) | CMB: +13, CMD: 25 | F: +11, R: +8, W: +14 (+2 trait bonus vs mind-affecting from demons) | Init: +6 | Perc: +24, SM: +26 | Speed 20ft | Judgements: 2/3, Greater Bane: 13/14; Discern Lies 9/9, Shirt Reroll 1/1, Coin 1/1 | Spells: 1st 6/7, 2nd 4/5, 3rd 3/4 | Lesser Extend: 3/6 Active conditions: Hight. Aware., Perveive Cues, Heroism, haste, sof,

Faustus is very concerned about this fight going wrong... fast. "Let's hope this water isn't very deep!"
He wades straight in, confident that the freedom of movement will be taking care of him.

He then declares bane vs evil outsiders, and attacks the qlippoth.
PA Bane Adamantine Magic Mace: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (11) + 9 = 20 damage: 1d8 + 11 + 2d6 ⇒ (6) + 11 + (3, 5) = 25

Do either of the knowledge folks know about their typical DR or anything? What about Miro?

Grand Lodge

Male Half-Orc Level 9, #-2

Unless it has DR 10 (which would be unlikely for CR 4), you're covered! I got Faustus's weapon with part of my weapons against evil (ignore DR of creatures with DR 5 or less - assuming it's evil).

Also, given that it's from Rovugug and likely to be chaotic / demonic, can you go far wrong with cold iron?


Dice Rolls | Tactical

Lort I am very confused by your post. You intent was clear. You wanted to jump both over and past the webbed dome. Your check granted you a 20' long & 5' high jump. That jump ended when you came in contact with the web. For the Acrobatics check

PRD wrote:
These DCs double if you do not have at least 10 feet of space to get a running start.

Nothing about a direct line. You are currently Entangled

Struggling to break free of the web, Lort is unsuccessful.

Grand Lodge

Male Half-Orc Level 9, #-2

Cool. No problems. I thought (on subsequent reads) that your ruling was based on the web covering the entire dome of the cavern (ie. it's everywhere). If I couldn't jump over the web (ie. if it's not just over the ground) Lort probably wouldn't have attempted the jump. Let's just leave it as is and I'll be entangled, south of the Quipploth. Apologies again for all the confusion.

Can Lort submerge on his next turn to escape and swim under the web without a disentangle check? That's how I read the post about swimming under the web, but I just wanted to check in advance.

Silver Crusade

Male LN Human (Chelaxian) Inquisitor (Asmodeus) 9 | HP: 72/72 | AC: 26 (15 tch, 24 Fl) | CMB: +13, CMD: 25 | F: +11, R: +8, W: +14 (+2 trait bonus vs mind-affecting from demons) | Init: +6 | Perc: +24, SM: +26 | Speed 20ft | Judgements: 2/3, Greater Bane: 13/14; Discern Lies 9/9, Shirt Reroll 1/1, Coin 1/1 | Spells: 1st 6/7, 2nd 4/5, 3rd 3/4 | Lesser Extend: 3/6 Active conditions: Hight. Aware., Perveive Cues, Heroism, haste, sof,

Faustus's weapon is Adamantine... but it is +3 against it, so cold iron and silver, right? Forgot about that.

How did Faustus do there, anyway? Any repercussions to his bold move? One might think Lort is causing him to take reckless actions... he woudl say they were well thought out.


Dice Rolls | Tactical

I am assuming that Faustus submerges to get under the web

Faustus seeing the flying half-orc strike the web, and is now suspended 5 feet off the ground, merely shakes his head.

He strides forwards wading into the water, before dunking. Pushing off in a crab like motion, and holding his breath in the clearly toxic waters.

Faustus acid damage: 1d6 ⇒ 5

Rising again, he shakes the water from his helm and moves to strike the quivering mass of eyes, mouths, and spider legs.

He swings his powerful mace, breaking teeth, smashing legs, and eye ichors splatters all around him.

Tasutek, seeing his companion dealt a vicious blow, turns to the eldion next to him.

Greataxe attack on Kaisharga: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (16) + 12 = 28
Greataxe damage: 1d12 + 7 + 3d6 ⇒ (11) + 7 + (1, 4, 6) = 29

He then boldly strides off his rock and moves between Lort and the Qlippoth.

Please Lockwood me 1 square north of Lort

Next Up: Miro, Amaranti, Cyrus, Ibid

Combat Table:

Combat Table - Round 2

Global Conditions: Extreme Heat damage in 8/10 rounds
Individual Conditions:

  • Faustus: See invisible, Perceive Clues, Shield of Faith, freedom of movement, Haste, Weapons against evil
  • Ibid: Heroism, Haste, Weapons against evil, mutagen
  • Amaranti: Heroism, Freedom of Movement, Haste, Weapons against evil
  • Kaisharga: mage armor, Haste
  • Lort: bear's endurance, Haste, Weapons against evil, protection from evil
  • Cyrus: ring of climbing, Invisible

  • Faustus Big hit
  • Lort Stuck
  • Tasutek Being a jerk
  • Miro <=
  • Amaranti <=
  • Cyrus <=
  • Ibid <=
  • Qlippoth/Swarm <=

Current Conditions: Kaisharga Stunned & Sickened 1 round, -29; Amaranti -5 hp; Lort Entangled -1 hp; Faustus -5


Dice Rolls | Tactical

Amaranti - make a stabilize check please; Lort you get 1/2 movement, so yes. No burn web unless someone can give me a reference. Off to meeting, ran out of time. Good luck boys.

Scarab Sages

Male CG Human (Kelishite) Ninja 8.2 | HP: 43/43 | AC: 26 (19 Tch, 19 FF) | CMB: +9, CMD: 28 | F: +4, R: +14, W: +3 | Init: +6 | Perc: +11, SM: +3 | Speed 30ft, Climb 20ft | Ki Pool: 5/6 | Active conditions: fatigued, haste, spirit sense, invis, fly

Cyrus curses his luck, wishing he could do 3 things at once. With both of their enemies in the center of the webbing, he felt helpless to do anything.

I just had to drop my scrolls and run away from them...

Cyrus runs back to where he dropped his pack, reaching in to pull out the scroll of fly.

This should let me move around where I need to...

Scroll in hand, he unfurls it, trying to concentrate on the right words to enact the spell on himself.

Two move actions, one to go back, the other to draw the scroll. Will have to cast next turn. You say there is about 5' of space between the web and the surface of the water? So Cyrus could go all peter pan and fly between the two, attacking from underneath? Just want to check before I do something crazy that I can't do. This combat is wild enough as it is....

Grand Lodge

Male NG Human Investigator 3/Ranger (guide) 2/Fighter (archer) 2 - PFS# 141231-2 | HP: 30/55 | AC: 20 (15 Tch, 15 Fl) | CMB: +9, CMD: 26 | F: +7 [+9 for hot/cold conditions], R: +12, W: +4 | Init: +6 | Perc: +9 [+10 find traps], SM: -1 | Speed 30ft | Inspiration: 3/3, Ranger’s Focus: 1/1, Inspired: 1/1, Boots of Speed: 10/10, Folio Re-roll: 1/1 | Spells: endure elements, shield | Active conditions:

Seeing his first shot straying wide, and easily missing it's mark, the old man quickly reloads and fires twice more.

Full-round attack w/ haste, I.e. Two shots

attack #1 vs. the monster
attack, longbow(haste, DA, Heroism, mutagen(Dex): 1d20 + 8 + 1 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (15) + 8 + 1 + 2 + 2 = 28
damage, longbow(haste, DA, Heroism, mutagen(Dex): 1d8 + 6 ⇒ (2) + 6 = 8

attack #2 vs. the monster
attack, longbow(haste, DA, Heroism, mutagen(Dex): 1d20 + 8 + 1 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (12) + 8 + 1 + 2 + 2 = 25
damage, longbow(haste, DA, Heroism, mutagen(Dex): 1d8 + 6 ⇒ (8) + 6 = 14

A moment later, he refocuses his concentration. Taking a hurried step closer to the foes, his feet slide uneasily across the slimy stones.

5-foot adjust, diagonally, one square south-west

climb(DC 12): 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (5) + 7 = 12

Silver Crusade

Male LN Human (Chelaxian) Inquisitor (Asmodeus) 9 | HP: 72/72 | AC: 26 (15 tch, 24 Fl) | CMB: +13, CMD: 25 | F: +11, R: +8, W: +14 (+2 trait bonus vs mind-affecting from demons) | Init: +6 | Perc: +24, SM: +26 | Speed 20ft | Judgements: 2/3, Greater Bane: 13/14; Discern Lies 9/9, Shirt Reroll 1/1, Coin 1/1 | Spells: 1st 6/7, 2nd 4/5, 3rd 3/4 | Lesser Extend: 3/6 Active conditions: Hight. Aware., Perveive Cues, Heroism, haste, sof,

GM - the web doesn't affect him, due to the freedom of movement scroll he cast. I assumed he had it due to the following post: Cyrus assigns loot. If I was mistaken (there was definite confusion at the time) I'll retcon

Scarab Sages

HP: 76/76 | AC:27 FF: 23 Touch: 13 | Saves: Fort: +7 Ref: +10 Will: +6 (+4 vs enchant) | Init: +4 | CMB: +18 | CMD: 32 | Speed: 20/40 | Perception: +12, Sense Motive +8 | Darkvision 60' |SQ: Evasion On-going effects: Mage armor, shield, barkskin

Stabilize: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3
The unconscious eidolon falls down and continues to ooze out it's life essence.

I think Kaisharga drops to the water. I wonder if would drown, then?


Dice Rolls | Tactical

Have a few minutes, yes Faustus does have Freedom of movement so he would not have to submerge to cross the web, and if Kaisharga falls into the water he can take the -5 hp instead of Faustus'.

PRD wrote:

Drowning

Any character can hold her breath for a number of rounds equal to twice her Constitution score. If a character takes a standard or full-round action, the remaining duration that the character can hold her breath is reduced by 1 round. After this period of time, the character must make a DC 10 Constitution check every round in order to continue holding her breath. Each round, the DC increases by 1.

When the character finally fails her Constitution check, she begins to drown. In the first round, she falls unconscious (0 hp). In the following round, she drops to –1 hit points and is dying. In the third round, she drowns.

Unconscious characters must begin making Constitution checks immediately upon being submerged (or upon becoming unconscious if the character was conscious when submerged). Once she fails one of these checks, she immediately drops to –1 (or loses 1 additional hit point, if her total is below –1). On the following round, she drowns.

It is possible to drown in substances other than water, such as sand, quicksand, fine dust, and silos full of grain.


Dice Rolls | Tactical

Cyrus the web extends close to the water. Are you trying to avoid a 1d6 of damage by flying? Don't think so. Imagine being in the water like waist deep and a net is 5-feet above you. People in the water need to submerge to get by it.

Scarab Sages

HP: 76/76 | AC:27 FF: 23 Touch: 13 | Saves: Fort: +7 Ref: +10 Will: +6 (+4 vs enchant) | Init: +4 | CMB: +18 | CMD: 32 | Speed: 20/40 | Perception: +12, Sense Motive +8 | Darkvision 60' |SQ: Evasion On-going effects: Mage armor, shield, barkskin

Kaisharga Con check: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 1 = 9
If the damage comes from the water, then yes Kaisharga can take the 5 damage. It'll drown next turn anyway...

Scarab Sages

Male Human (Garundi), Summoner 10, HP: 93/93 | AC: 19[21] FF: 17[19] Touch: 13 | Saves: Fort: +11[+13] Ref: +9[+11] Will: +11[+13] | Perception: +2 SM +0| Init: +2 | CMB: +16 | CMD: 27 | Speed: 30 | Spells 1st: 6/6 2nd: 4/5 3rd: 2/4 4th: 1/1| Wand of MA 39/50(1) | Wand of IH 38 / 50 | Active conditions: heroism 200 min, greater invisibility 10 rounds

Sorry, Amaranti is waiting for Miro's action - in hopes for inspiring song, but I'll have to go to bed. If you want to move the game, Amaranti will take a 5ft step and attack twice at the qlippoth

Sovereign Court

Male CG Halfling Bard 6 | HP 33/33 | AC 24 (15 Tch, 21 FF) | CMB +1, CMD 14 | F +7, R +10, W +8 | Init +7 | Perc +11, SM +12 | Speed 20 ft | [ooc| Inspire 16/18[/ooc] | Spells: 1st 5/5, 2nd 4/4 | Active Conditions: Short Sword shrunk

Miro begins to inspire his comrades after ensuring that Amaranti can make his way through the jumbled mess ahead, hoping to provide his friends enough of a boost to quickly overwhelm the disgusting outsider and the evil spellcaster.

Inspire Courage, +2 to attacks, damage, and saves vs fear


Dice Rolls | Tactical

Ok, here we go

Ibid draws his bowstring back and fires two successive shots in a row so fast that those around him only hear the 'Twang" "Twang" of the bowstring. The arrows fly true and embed themselves into the qlippoth’s flesh. One arrow pierces an eye, lodging there as slick, yellow fluid pours forth. Another arrow thuds into an open maw lodging deep within its throat.

The arrows, combined with the harder than steel mace are enough to still the fleshy mass forever. It lets out a sickly miasma of air, and begins to collapse within itself, covering the water with a fleshy slick.

The young ninja, although his is currently invisible, decides that this is not enough and begins to rummage through his pack. He finds a love note from Sheeba "When are you coming back my sssssweet?"; a bit of rock from the mine his dad and Ibid worked in; a few Osirion coppers from his days on the street, and finally he finds his scroll. He begins to study the spidery runes, silently wishing Armanati or Finarin where there to help him.

The noble serpentine Kaisharga slowly feel its life fore leaving this corporeal body and heading back to his plane of existence, slips beneath the water, no longer able to breathe the air he needs to sustain life.

Miro, although in the most horrific cavern imaginable, manages to sing a busty ballad of drinking and hoaring. His companions redouble their efforts to get the hell out of here.

Armanati, seeing his companion dying, moves forward to kill this evil creature to atone for his loss.

Attacks vs Tasutek
Armanti Attack Lance #1 +8 1d8 +11 (+13 w/ AS) + Heroism + Haste + IC: 1d20 + 8 + 2 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 8 + 2 + 1 + 2 = 19
Lance Damage + AS +IC: 1d8 + 13 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 13 + 2 = 20
Armanti Attack Lance #2 +8 1d8 +11 (+13 w/ AS) + Heroism + Haste + IC: 1d20 + 8 + 2 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 8 + 2 + 1 + 2 = 16
Lance Damage + AS +IC: 1d8 + 13 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 13 + 2 = 21

I have no idea if I did that right and I am so sorry for the s!$#ty rolls

A number of Pathfinders end their turns in or next to the toxic water.

Fortitude Rolls:

DC 10
Amaranti Fortitude: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (2) + 6 = 8
Cyrus Fortitude: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (12) + 1 = 13
Faustus Fortitude: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (15) + 8 = 23
Ibid Fortitude: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (9) + 4 = 13
Lort Fortitude: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (16) + 12 = 28

Aramanti become sickened.
All Pathfinder in the water, Lort, Aramanti, and Faustus take 1 hp acid damage.

The Swarm of spider no longer feasting on Garundi flesh are still hungry and move to snack some more.

Amaranti Swam damage: 1d6 ⇒ 3
Amaranti Fortitude - Sickened vs DC 11 Posion: 1d20 + 6 - 2 ⇒ (15) + 6 - 2 = 19
Amaranti Fortitude - Sickened vs DC 11 Distraction: 1d20 + 6 - 2 ⇒ (11) + 6 - 2 = 15

Next Up: Faustus, Lort

Combat Table:

Combat Table - Round 3

Global Conditions: Extreme Heat damage in 7/10 rounds; IC +2/+2
Individual Conditions:

  • Faustus: See invisible, Perceive Clues, Shield of Faith, freedom of movement, Haste, Weapons against evil
  • Ibid: Heroism, Haste, Weapons against evil, mutagen
  • Amaranti: Heroism, Freedom of Movement, Haste, Weapons against evil
  • Kaisharga: mage armor, Haste
  • Lort: bear's endurance, Haste, Weapons against evil, protection from evil
  • Cyrus: ring of climbing, Invisible

  • Faustus <=
  • Lort <=
  • Tasutek <=
  • Miro <=
  • Amaranti <=
  • Cyrus <=
  • Ibid <=
  • Qlippoth/Swarm <=

Current Conditions: Kaisharga Stunned & Sickened 1 round, -29 drowning; Amaranti -9 hp, sickened; Lort Entangled -2 hp; Faustus -1 hp

Grand Lodge

Male Half-Orc Level 9, #-2

"Well, I may be stuck in here, but looks like you're stuck in here with me!" Lort raises his voice in challenge to the apparent cult leader, "Be sure to tell Rovagug that it was a follower of Kurgess who sent you to your cursed grave!"

Lort can't perform as much fancy footwork as he would like, but is glad for the quicker strikes that Amaranti's spell grant him. He swings in a seemingly recklessly at Tasutek, his two blows aided by a supernatural speed.

Greatsword attack #1 vs Tasutek, power attack, haste, inspire courage, entangled: 1d20 + 11 + 1 - 2 + 2 ⇒ (14) + 11 + 1 - 2 + 2 = 26
Greatsword attack #2 vs Tasutek, power attack, haste, inspire courage, entangled: 1d20 + 11 + 1 - 2 + 2 ⇒ (16) + 11 + 1 - 2 + 2 = 28

Damage #1 Cold iron +1 greatsword damage, power attack, inspire courage (ignore DR 5): 2d6 + 8 + 6 + 2 ⇒ (4, 2) + 8 + 6 + 2 = 22
Damage #2 Cold iron +1 greatsword damage, power attack, inspire courage (ignore DR 5): 2d6 + 8 + 6 + 2 ⇒ (4, 5) + 8 + 6 + 2 = 25

D'oh:

Huh. Just remembered Lort shelled out the extra 2,000 gp to get his cold iron greatsword enchanted. He doesn't know which DR the creature has, so would still have cast magic weapons against evil the same way - but I really need to keep this in mind for next time we're fighting demon-things!


Dice Rolls | Tactical

The mighty half-orc swings his Greatsword. Even though it is attached to multiple strands of webbing, he has no problem powering through it. His Greatswords sinks deeply into the mans flesh, adding more scares to his already mutilated appearance.

As Lort's greatsword hits the man, he feel a pulse of energy travel up the sword and into his arm.

Will Save: 1d20 + 7 + 2 ⇒ (19) + 7 + 2 = 28

The half-orc grins and shakes it off, ready to deliver more hurt.

Faustus up next think he is at a RL game - see you all in the morning

Grand Lodge

Male Half-Orc Level 9, #-2

"What the hell was that?" asks Lort as the jolt hits him, "You'll have to do better then a little tingle if you want to fell a true warrior! Alas for you, but you face six of them."

Lort looks down at the webbing. I hope he doesn't move... might be a while before I can do that again if he does.

Silver Crusade

Male LN Human (Chelaxian) Inquisitor (Asmodeus) 9 | HP: 72/72 | AC: 26 (15 tch, 24 Fl) | CMB: +13, CMD: 25 | F: +11, R: +8, W: +14 (+2 trait bonus vs mind-affecting from demons) | Init: +6 | Perc: +24, SM: +26 | Speed 20ft | Judgements: 2/3, Greater Bane: 13/14; Discern Lies 9/9, Shirt Reroll 1/1, Coin 1/1 | Spells: 1st 6/7, 2nd 4/5, 3rd 3/4 | Lesser Extend: 3/6 Active conditions: Hight. Aware., Perveive Cues, Heroism, haste, sof,

Faustus moves up, changes his bane to human, and says, "Nay, tell the Rough Beast that it was a humble supplicant to The First that put you down."

Power Attack, Haste, IC, Bane Mace #1: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (19) + 12 = 31 damage: 1d8 + 13 + 2d6 ⇒ (4) + 13 + (4, 6) = 27
Power Attack, Haste, Bane Mace #2: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (17) + 12 = 29damage: 1d8 + 13 + 2d6 ⇒ (1) + 13 + (2, 6) = 22

Ha! 2 more than Lort! He'd better be going down from that!

Scarab Sages

Male Human (Garundi), Summoner 10, HP: 93/93 | AC: 19[21] FF: 17[19] Touch: 13 | Saves: Fort: +11[+13] Ref: +9[+11] Will: +11[+13] | Perception: +2 SM +0| Init: +2 | CMB: +16 | CMD: 27 | Speed: 30 | Spells 1st: 6/6 2nd: 4/5 3rd: 2/4 4th: 1/1| Wand of MA 39/50(1) | Wand of IH 38 / 50 | Active conditions: heroism 200 min, greater invisibility 10 rounds
GM_TheBobJones wrote:
I have no idea if I did that right and I am so sorry for the s#@!ty rolls

No worries, my own s#@!ty rolls were the reason I was left waiting for IC... Sigh, I'm channeling whatever god of misfortunate dice you did for Finarin earlier

Grand Lodge

Male Half-Orc Level 9, #-2
Faustus Sulpicius Voralius wrote:
Ha! 2 more than Lort! He'd better be going down from that!

Nice one! I knew Lort's sense of competition was rubbing off on Faustus...didn't realize it was also rubbing off on Jack! ;-)


Dice Rolls | Tactical

With that, the Inquisitor steps up and delivers two crushing blows to Tasutek's head, bursting it like a ripe melon.

The man falls dead into the flesh ooze that was his companion and their life's blood mixed in a smelly, grotesque death slick on top of the almost bubbling water.

Cyrus, Ibid, and Miro take care of the spider swarm while Amaranti rushes over to save Kaisharga Are you going to use Life Link? If not when next you summon Kaisharga he will be at 1/2 HP.

The Pathfinders quickly look at the death slick, do a cursory search, find nothing of real value and quickly head back to the mine entrance.

As they exit the chamber, they can feel the coolness of what was once uncomfortably too hot air refresh them. As they move into the chamber that housed Bertrag Instant Fortress, now with more time on their hands, Ibid goes to work.

Kn Engineering: 1d20 + 11 + 1d6 ⇒ (19) + 11 + (1) = 31 that was supposed to be my attack on Lort!

He pulls his journal, flips some pages, and begins to talk in an excited voice. Cyrus, standing behind him, also pulls a journal and looks through it, mimicking the aged now level 5 Inquisitor.

He begins tossing out terms like 'load bearing' and 'support structure'. All in a confusing jumble.

Lort, Faustus, and Aramanti look at each other, and shrug. They fasten ropes and wedge timbers, all while Miro grins and laughs from the corner. The Pathfinder retreat to safety and remembering Bertrag's command word, they are able to shrink the fortress. Immediately the cavern begins to collapse. The Pathfinders tug, and a dense cloud of billowing rock and dust come pouring out. Quickly they are all covered in a great layer of dust, coughing and sputtering.

They look down and there is the Instant Fortress, safe and secure.

The Pathfinders head out, catch up with Bertrag. The former prisoners are looking a bit better, but still in bad shape.

After the 30 mile trek back to Tar Kuata, the monastery is a sight for sore eyes.

The commonly accepted path toward self-perfection rarely involves revelry, yet when the Pathfinders make their victorious return, even stoic Tar Kuata celebrates news of the cultists’ defeat. Bertrag narrates his account of the Pathfinder's deeds, and Aeotsep warmly congratulates the Pathfinders on overcoming such a trial. Honoring their bargain, Itephta and Menkha formally transfer their Sky Key component to the Pathfinder Society. Itephta also gives the PCs a sealed letter to deliver to the Society, extending his compliments and friendship.

More to come for Cyrus and Amaranti, but well done, well done indeed

Grand Lodge

Male Half-Orc Level 9, #-2

Since it's a 30 mile trek, likely involving at least one night's rest, Lort will heal Kaisharga the following day when Amaranti summons him again.

Cure moderate wounds #1: 2d8 + 5 ⇒ (2, 4) + 5 = 11
Cure moderate wounds #2: 2d8 + 5 ⇒ (4, 4) + 5 = 13

At the celebration...

"And just as the priest of the destroyer was about to level a devastating blow at me," says Lort, accidentally spraying pepper sauce drenched rice* into the quiet monk's face as he speaks, "Faustus delivered a rapid succession of blows that were even more powerful than mine own. Before the madman could chop me down with his axe like he did my poor friend's snake, his head was replaced with the head of Faustus's mace! Luckily, the acid water we were standing in easily managed to clean the man's brains from my beard. Ha!"

* Lort never learns.

Lort continues boasting and eating way too much pepper sauce long into the night.

Lort fort save vs pepper sauce: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (14) + 8 = 22

Luckily, or so the half-orc thinks, he manages to push through the burn in his mouth and ends up consuming even more. This time, he washes his hands.

The following morning...

The bedraggled half-orc stumbles out of the latrine, past the patient monk who was waiting his turn. "I wouldn't go in there," mutters the miserable Lort, sweating profusely, "Best to burn the whole structure and build a new one."

The monk holds his nose and enters anyway. Endurance and forbearance is what they teach us here, the monk reminds himself, and then his eyes open wide, The profound smell, I understand... but why are there scratch marks on the walls?

Scarab Sages

Male Human (Garundi), Summoner 10, HP: 93/93 | AC: 19[21] FF: 17[19] Touch: 13 | Saves: Fort: +11[+13] Ref: +9[+11] Will: +11[+13] | Perception: +2 SM +0| Init: +2 | CMB: +16 | CMD: 27 | Speed: 30 | Spells 1st: 6/6 2nd: 4/5 3rd: 2/4 4th: 1/1| Wand of MA 39/50(1) | Wand of IH 38 / 50 | Active conditions: heroism 200 min, greater invisibility 10 rounds

Feeling his companion submerged and on the brink of death, Amaranti extends his long arms and unsummons the eidolon back to the planes. "Rest, friend. We heal you back good."

Later, when they are safe and rested, he performs the small ritual to the call the eidolon. But this time the earth doesn't rumble, instead the dying unmoving form of Kaishagra appears to the ground. Even the glowing runes in their foreheads look fading. Only after Lort uses Kurgess' healing powers, does the serpent return to life.

Silver Crusade

Male LN Human (Chelaxian) Inquisitor (Asmodeus) 9 | HP: 72/72 | AC: 26 (15 tch, 24 Fl) | CMB: +13, CMD: 25 | F: +11, R: +8, W: +14 (+2 trait bonus vs mind-affecting from demons) | Init: +6 | Perc: +24, SM: +26 | Speed 20ft | Judgements: 2/3, Greater Bane: 13/14; Discern Lies 9/9, Shirt Reroll 1/1, Coin 1/1 | Spells: 1st 6/7, 2nd 4/5, 3rd 3/4 | Lesser Extend: 3/6 Active conditions: Hight. Aware., Perveive Cues, Heroism, haste, sof,

"The foul threat of the followers of the Rough Beast has been eliminated. On that day, our arbitration was certainly final... good thing that adamantine steel is all but immune to acid, for it allowed me to clean The Final Arbitration quite handily.

"Monks of Tar Kuata, you, and your people can live in safety once more. But, it has to be asked... are your books in order?"

Scarab Sages

Male Human (Garundi), Summoner 10, HP: 93/93 | AC: 19[21] FF: 17[19] Touch: 13 | Saves: Fort: +11[+13] Ref: +9[+11] Will: +11[+13] | Perception: +2 SM +0| Init: +2 | CMB: +16 | CMD: 27 | Speed: 30 | Spells 1st: 6/6 2nd: 4/5 3rd: 2/4 4th: 1/1| Wand of MA 39/50(1) | Wand of IH 38 / 50 | Active conditions: heroism 200 min, greater invisibility 10 rounds

Cyrus:

How do we reply to Amenopheus' tweet? We found the clue to the sage:
Aeotsep shows the PCs several texts that reference a now-absent scroll—supposedly a biographical account and paraphrased transcript of a discussion with a Jeweled Sage who stayed at Tar Kuata for 3 days soon after Osirion’s fall to the Padishah Empire. Any substantive research would require tracking down a surviving copy of the scroll, and Aeotsep finds a record suggesting one may still remain in the Sothis Exhibitory.

[ooc] and I guess these are the candidates for new sage :Aeotsep, Dhiara,Itephta, Menkha? I think Aramaya is more a martial type than sage... Or did I miss anyone?


Dice Rolls | Tactical

Cyrus and Amaranti:
To guide you, you can choose any of the monks you liked. Here is
From Mod wrote:
PCs learn about the monk Dhiara and locate the files concerning the Amethyst Sage, check box B. Members of the Scarab Sage faction may want to specifically endorse a prospect for the Jeweled Sages; in that case, check box C to recommend Aeotsep, or box D to recommend Bertrag. However, if the PCs have another recommendation, encourage them to post their choice of candidate on the Paizo boards at paizo.com/pathfindersociety.

Scarab Sages

Male CG Human (Kelishite) Ninja 8.2 | HP: 43/43 | AC: 26 (19 Tch, 19 FF) | CMB: +9, CMD: 28 | F: +4, R: +14, W: +3 | Init: +6 | Perc: +11, SM: +3 | Speed 30ft, Climb 20ft | Ki Pool: 5/6 | Active conditions: fatigued, haste, spirit sense, invis, fly

Amaranti:

We also have the letter from Dhiara, who from her letter we know is searching for a land called Averaka, which she heard about from her contacts in Erages. I may be wrong, but the way I understood it, Dhiara may have been one of the refugees from Osirion's fall, but I am probalby screwing up my timelines on that. I also got the impression that Dhiara is still alive and searching. It didn't occur to me at the time to ask more about who she was.... In fact, we still have a chance, I am going to ask the GM in character....

My suggestion would be something like this:

Transcript of Sage visit to Tar Kuata maybe in Sothis. Suggest *insert name here* for next possible sage. Dhiara seeking Averaka, still contacts monks.

The above is 22 words...

Who do you want to suggest? My personal suggestion based on the interactions would be Aeotsep - I liked him.

Scarab Sages

Male CG Human (Kelishite) Ninja 8.2 | HP: 43/43 | AC: 26 (19 Tch, 19 FF) | CMB: +9, CMD: 28 | F: +4, R: +14, W: +3 | Init: +6 | Perc: +11, SM: +3 | Speed 30ft, Climb 20ft | Ki Pool: 5/6 | Active conditions: fatigued, haste, spirit sense, invis, fly

During the dinner, Cyrus tears himself away from the entertainment that is Lort enough to lean over to Aeotsep and whisper a question.

"I have been thinking on this. I realized I never asked you who Dhiara is. You were kind enough to share her letter, but I will admit I am having a hard time seeing her connection." Cyrus asks somewhat sheepishly, worried his lack of understanding is, in itself, another test he may be found lacking.

Silver Crusade

Male LN Human (Chelaxian) Inquisitor (Asmodeus) 9 | HP: 72/72 | AC: 26 (15 tch, 24 Fl) | CMB: +13, CMD: 25 | F: +11, R: +8, W: +14 (+2 trait bonus vs mind-affecting from demons) | Init: +6 | Perc: +24, SM: +26 | Speed 20ft | Judgements: 2/3, Greater Bane: 13/14; Discern Lies 9/9, Shirt Reroll 1/1, Coin 1/1 | Spells: 1st 6/7, 2nd 4/5, 3rd 3/4 | Lesser Extend: 3/6 Active conditions: Hight. Aware., Perveive Cues, Heroism, haste, sof,

On the way back from the mine, Faustus pull Lort aside.

"Ibid, my friend, we may have different methods and follow different gods, but in the end, we are much the same. We both have a thirst for knowledge, cna keep our eyes open at all times. I wonder if you are wasting your ample talents being an errand boy for the Decemvirite.

"In fact, I am positive that your talents would be far better used, with far less... distaste, working with Lady Ollysta Zadrian and the Silver Crusade. The Crusade has been working quite hard to save Northern Avistan, as well as to protect those who have fought so hard to protect their homelands.

"Intelligent men, such as us, can see through the mechanisms of the Decemvirite, and of their Venture-Captain flunkies. We know that there are REAL threats to this world, and it will take men of substance to stop them.

"Also, I have seen how young Cyrus looks at you... at times it is like he worships you, and at times he would rather stick his blade through your back. I do not know the past you share, but I do know there is pain there. Many have cleansed themselves of their sins in the Silver Crusades... let yourself be one of them."

Of course, this is a faction mission. If Ibid, or anyone else, chooses to join the Silver Crusade, I get a checkbox (assuming they have 6xp, and at least 3 total ranks between Diplomacy, Heal, Kn: Religion, Kn: Planes, and spend 1PP/level. Faustus will repay you when he can... perhaps be spending money to get you healed!

Grand Lodge

Male Half-Orc Level 9, #-2

Lort laughs heartily, "I prefer to go by the name 'Lort'... are you sure your books are in order? Also, I'm the one who thirsts for battle, not knowledge. You might want Ib... oh, how did you manage to mistake me for him?"

Lort laughs yet again, slaps his fellow warrior on the back and digs in to another bowl of the fiery rice.


Dice Rolls | Tactical

Cyrus and Amaranti, here is the relevant post. She was just and awesome student and from the letter you can see that she still is pretty special. As were many of the NPCs you saw in this adventure.

Grand Lodge

Male NG Human Investigator 3/Ranger (guide) 2/Fighter (archer) 2 - PFS# 141231-2 | HP: 30/55 | AC: 20 (15 Tch, 15 Fl) | CMB: +9, CMD: 26 | F: +7 [+9 for hot/cold conditions], R: +12, W: +4 | Init: +6 | Perc: +9 [+10 find traps], SM: -1 | Speed 30ft | Inspiration: 3/3, Ranger’s Focus: 1/1, Inspired: 1/1, Boots of Speed: 10/10, Folio Re-roll: 1/1 | Spells: endure elements, shield | Active conditions:

"I appreciate the compliments, my friend," the old man says, eying the knight with deadly seriousness. His response is not cold or insulting, but is never-the-less guarded. "But I cannot be joining your causes. It is true, we appear to have the same unquenchable thirst for knowledge and learning... and it is honestly true there may be real, tangible benefits in leaving the fold of the Decemvirite."

"But I do not see they my what little talents I may possess are wasted within their employ," Ibid concludes. "I have been trained and funded under their employ, and have much to repay.. In spite of their flaws."

"And, sometimes, you need you dance with the girl that brought you."

Turning to face Cyrus for a moment, the old man finishes, "Cyrus can decide for himself if he wishes to join you, I will not attempt to dissuade him. But there is certain dangerous step ahead of us both, which he has not yet discovered. And it may be one to bring him peace for the rest of his days. I would hate for his joining your cause to keep him from it."

Thanks for the offer though, dude!

Silver Crusade

Male LN Human (Chelaxian) Inquisitor (Asmodeus) 9 | HP: 72/72 | AC: 26 (15 tch, 24 Fl) | CMB: +13, CMD: 25 | F: +11, R: +8, W: +14 (+2 trait bonus vs mind-affecting from demons) | Init: +6 | Perc: +24, SM: +26 | Speed 20ft | Judgements: 2/3, Greater Bane: 13/14; Discern Lies 9/9, Shirt Reroll 1/1, Coin 1/1 | Spells: 1st 6/7, 2nd 4/5, 3rd 3/4 | Lesser Extend: 3/6 Active conditions: Hight. Aware., Perveive Cues, Heroism, haste, sof,
Lort wrote:

Lort laughs heartily, "I prefer to go by the name 'Lort'... are you sure your books are in order? Also, I'm the one who thirsts for battle, not knowledge. You might want Ib... oh, how did you manage to mistake me for him?"

Lort laughs yet again, slaps his fellow warrior on the back and digs in to another bowl of the fiery rice.

Funny... I started doing the post to Lort, but looked at his skills, and he doesn't qualify for the checkbox. I guess I missed something there.

Silver Crusade

Male LN Human (Chelaxian) Inquisitor (Asmodeus) 9 | HP: 72/72 | AC: 26 (15 tch, 24 Fl) | CMB: +13, CMD: 25 | F: +11, R: +8, W: +14 (+2 trait bonus vs mind-affecting from demons) | Init: +6 | Perc: +24, SM: +26 | Speed 20ft | Judgements: 2/3, Greater Bane: 13/14; Discern Lies 9/9, Shirt Reroll 1/1, Coin 1/1 | Spells: 1st 6/7, 2nd 4/5, 3rd 3/4 | Lesser Extend: 3/6 Active conditions: Hight. Aware., Perveive Cues, Heroism, haste, sof,

Faustus nods at Ibid. "I can not fault one for sticking to his convictions, nor for paying back his debts. One truly must keep his accounts in order, else corruption might slip in. You are an honorable man, and I would be honored to work with you again," Faustus says to Ibid, offering his hand. 'If only to discover how he wronged the young ninja. There is something there, I know it. I can smell it. I shall find it. And then I will use it."

He turns to Cyrus, the opening been given. "My boy, you have skills that would also be of use in fighting corruption. You ways are... different, but I see that you are inspired to perform great things. You may be able to achieve them, with the right guidance."

Cyrus does not have the right skills unfortunately to qualify. Miro is a halfling, and Faustus is Chelish... let's just say that conversation wouldn't end well. As for Amaranti, even though Faustus knows that he isn't evil, nor is Karshaiga, he doesn't quite trust the Garundi or his friend.

Scarab Sages

Male CG Human (Kelishite) Ninja 8.2 | HP: 43/43 | AC: 26 (19 Tch, 19 FF) | CMB: +9, CMD: 28 | F: +4, R: +14, W: +3 | Init: +6 | Perc: +11, SM: +3 | Speed 30ft, Climb 20ft | Ki Pool: 5/6 | Active conditions: fatigued, haste, spirit sense, invis, fly

"Sometimes I question my skills to be honest, Faustus," Cyrus answers somewhat somberly. "In that last fight, by the time I turned around with something useful in my hand, it was all over."

Hey... I think Sheeba said something like that once too...

"I appreciate the offer. My loyalties are to the sages." Cyrus' smile is warm and sincere, but it is clear he has no interest.

Besides, somehow I think I will need them if I am ever going to find the whole truth, once I get Ibid to spill it all...

I totally dig when these parts can be roleplayed out... that would just be odd at a table...

Scarab Sages

Male CG Human (Kelishite) Ninja 8.2 | HP: 43/43 | AC: 26 (19 Tch, 19 FF) | CMB: +9, CMD: 28 | F: +4, R: +14, W: +3 | Init: +6 | Perc: +11, SM: +3 | Speed 30ft, Climb 20ft | Ki Pool: 5/6 | Active conditions: fatigued, haste, spirit sense, invis, fly
GM_TheBobJones wrote:
Cyrus and Amaranti, here is the relevant post. She was just and awesome student and from the letter you can see that she still is pretty special. As were many of the NPCs you saw in this adventure.

It all makes sense now!!! Thank you for that :)

Amaranti:

Ok - so going on the above, "mechanically" it looks like we just need to tell them the news about the scroll and who we think would be a good sage. Based on that, my slightly altered suggestion is:

Records of contact with a sage, if they exist, may be found at Sothis Exibitory. [insert monk's name here] would be ideal candidate for sage.

That is 22 words - feel free to change or add. I am good with whatever name we suggest, all of them seem like good choices. I got a good vibe from Aeotsep.

Silver Crusade

Male LN Human (Chelaxian) Inquisitor (Asmodeus) 9 | HP: 72/72 | AC: 26 (15 tch, 24 Fl) | CMB: +13, CMD: 25 | F: +11, R: +8, W: +14 (+2 trait bonus vs mind-affecting from demons) | Init: +6 | Perc: +24, SM: +26 | Speed 20ft | Judgements: 2/3, Greater Bane: 13/14; Discern Lies 9/9, Shirt Reroll 1/1, Coin 1/1 | Spells: 1st 6/7, 2nd 4/5, 3rd 3/4 | Lesser Extend: 3/6 Active conditions: Hight. Aware., Perveive Cues, Heroism, haste, sof,
Cyrus the Flea wrote:
Besides, somehow I think I will need them if I am ever going to find the whole truth, once I get Ibid to spill it all...

Cyrus gets the feeling that the Asmodean Inquisitor is reading his mind, as he thinks this. He notices Faustus nodding at him, and beckoning for him to step over to a side chamber.

"My young friend, I believe I have noticed some... turmoil... between you and your... mentor is it? Perhaps, when the time is right, you will want me to ask the difficult questions you are having trouble asking. Asking difficult questions... and making sure they are answered, is what I was made for.

"You, of course, will have to disclose what you know of the situation, that I might... persuade... Ibid to disclose what he knows. The... questioning... can happen with you in... or out... of the room. It will be as you wish. But, you must learn the truth soon, for it is easy to read the pain on your face.

"I am sorry to hear you have not chosen the Silver Crusade. I can understand, you have loyalties to the Scarab Sages, I believe, but should the situation change, I would be willing to sponsor you.

"Do not worry about any perceived shortcomings in the last battle. You have not been blessed with the teachings of the Prince of Law. He teaches that we must stamp out corruption with a fury that is only rivaled by His own Hellfire. I see the fire within you... you have only to fan the flames, and focus its heat. When you learn to do this, then... only then... will you find greatness.

"Until that day, please take this token of my esteem for you. Feel the Blessing of the Lord of the Pit, and take guidance from it." Faustus hands Cyrus a blackened silver pentagram. "Wear it, and feel the love that The First has for His Chosen."

Of course, in PFS, I cannot actually buy that for you. But...

diplomacy: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (13) + 13 = 26
Oh, yeah. Conversion domain, baby!

Scarab Sages

Male Human (Garundi), Summoner 10, HP: 93/93 | AC: 19[21] FF: 17[19] Touch: 13 | Saves: Fort: +11[+13] Ref: +9[+11] Will: +11[+13] | Perception: +2 SM +0| Init: +2 | CMB: +16 | CMD: 27 | Speed: 30 | Spells 1st: 6/6 2nd: 4/5 3rd: 2/4 4th: 1/1| Wand of MA 39/50(1) | Wand of IH 38 / 50 | Active conditions: heroism 200 min, greater invisibility 10 rounds

Cyrus:
I'm fine with that. Although Amaranti would probably say it like this(25 words is like his daily quota...):
"Sage was here. Records of visit in Sothis Exhibitory. Aeotsep good candidate for new sage."

Scarab Sages

Male CG Human (Kelishite) Ninja 8.2 | HP: 43/43 | AC: 26 (19 Tch, 19 FF) | CMB: +9, CMD: 28 | F: +4, R: +14, W: +3 | Init: +6 | Perc: +11, SM: +3 | Speed 30ft, Climb 20ft | Ki Pool: 5/6 | Active conditions: fatigued, haste, spirit sense, invis, fly

Amaranti:

ha! That was good :) the report was good too, let's go with that.

-Posted with Wayfinder

Silver Crusade

Male LN Human (Chelaxian) Inquisitor (Asmodeus) 9 | HP: 72/72 | AC: 26 (15 tch, 24 Fl) | CMB: +13, CMD: 25 | F: +11, R: +8, W: +14 (+2 trait bonus vs mind-affecting from demons) | Init: +6 | Perc: +24, SM: +26 | Speed 20ft | Judgements: 2/3, Greater Bane: 13/14; Discern Lies 9/9, Shirt Reroll 1/1, Coin 1/1 | Spells: 1st 6/7, 2nd 4/5, 3rd 3/4 | Lesser Extend: 3/6 Active conditions: Hight. Aware., Perveive Cues, Heroism, haste, sof,

sits here, waiting for Cyrus to respond. This is the #1 problem wi doing PBP!

Scarab Sages

Male CG Human (Kelishite) Ninja 8.2 | HP: 43/43 | AC: 26 (19 Tch, 19 FF) | CMB: +9, CMD: 28 | F: +4, R: +14, W: +3 | Init: +6 | Perc: +11, SM: +3 | Speed 30ft, Climb 20ft | Ki Pool: 5/6 | Active conditions: fatigued, haste, spirit sense, invis, fly

Cyrus listens to the inquisitor, imagining the glories of conquest in the name of the silver crusade. He pictures throngs of people chanting his name as he returns to Absalom, in a wild celebration of some unknown victory. The lure is strong...

"Cyrus, we send message now?" the words of Amaranti snap him out of the reverie and remind him of his current task.

"I'll think about it." the ninja says, before walking away with a polite smile.

-Posted with Wayfinder

Scarab Sages

Male CG Human (Kelishite) Ninja 8.2 | HP: 43/43 | AC: 26 (19 Tch, 19 FF) | CMB: +9, CMD: 28 | F: +4, R: +14, W: +3 | Init: +6 | Perc: +11, SM: +3 | Speed 30ft, Climb 20ft | Ki Pool: 5/6 | Active conditions: fatigued, haste, spirit sense, invis, fly

GM:

Cyrus and Amaranti excuse themselves and prepare to pass the message along as instructed.

"Sage was here. Records of visit in Sothis Exhibitory. Aeotsep good candidate for new sage. "

-Posted with Wayfinder


Dice Rolls | Tactical

Cyrus & Amaranti:
“This is Amenopheus. When you return, please send a more detailed missive so that we can court a new candidate or seek another jewel. Well done!”

Scarab Sages

Male CG Human (Kelishite) Ninja 8.2 | HP: 43/43 | AC: 26 (19 Tch, 19 FF) | CMB: +9, CMD: 28 | F: +4, R: +14, W: +3 | Init: +6 | Perc: +11, SM: +3 | Speed 30ft, Climb 20ft | Ki Pool: 5/6 | Active conditions: fatigued, haste, spirit sense, invis, fly

Cyrus claps Amaranti on the back, smiling with satisfaction. The affirmation is enough to distract him from the honeyed words of the inquisitor, for now.

Now that we are finally heading back to Absalom, I can finally get Ibid to keep his promise about that information...

Grand Lodge

Male NG Human Investigator 3/Ranger (guide) 2/Fighter (archer) 2 - PFS# 141231-2 | HP: 30/55 | AC: 20 (15 Tch, 15 Fl) | CMB: +9, CMD: 26 | F: +7 [+9 for hot/cold conditions], R: +12, W: +4 | Init: +6 | Perc: +9 [+10 find traps], SM: -1 | Speed 30ft | Inspiration: 3/3, Ranger’s Focus: 1/1, Inspired: 1/1, Boots of Speed: 10/10, Folio Re-roll: 1/1 | Spells: endure elements, shield | Active conditions:

The old man's look coldly forward at the young ninja, though far behind his gaze, deep within his eyes there is a fire alight. His breathing is steady, but his burning glance clearly conveys the words which go unsaid between them.

The time has finally come for you learn the truth...

351 to 400 of 402 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / GMTheBobJones #6–19: Test of Tar Kuata All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.