GMTheBobJones #6–19: Test of Tar Kuata (Inactive)

Game Master TheBobJones

Where on Golarion | Tatical | CLW


201 to 250 of 402 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | next > last >>

Dice Rolls | Tactical

So Lort dropped her, Faustus and Amaranti keep your bane/Spell. No matter though as you will all rest up tonight and head out tomorrow.

Scarab Sages

Male CG Human (Kelishite) Ninja 8.2 | HP: 43/43 | AC: 26 (19 Tch, 19 FF) | CMB: +9, CMD: 28 | F: +4, R: +14, W: +3 | Init: +6 | Perc: +11, SM: +3 | Speed 30ft, Climb 20ft | Ki Pool: 5/6 | Active conditions: fatigued, haste, spirit sense, invis, fly

wand, clw: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4
wand, clw: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 7
wand, clw: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5

back up to 24, If we do indeed rest, he will be full tomorrow morning.

Cyrus continues to blink the stars from his eyes while the magic from the wand stops the bleeding in his nose. With a shout, he pops the shattered cartilage back into place, allowing the wand to do the rest. The stains of blood on his shirt and a few specks on his face serve as a reminder to the power of the pious woman.

"I shudder to think what might have happened had you not fasted, milady." Cyrus says with a bow. He looks up, catching himself staring just a little to long as the lithe figure moves away.

down at the bottom of the spire

Cyrus bows in response to Aeotsep's compliment, and casts a glance towards his Garundi friend, and faction brethren. "Master Aeotsep. I have a question for you that may seem odd, though I hope it is not to forward. As pathfinders, we are always in search of knowledge. You may know that while I serve the society, I also serve the Scarab Sages. When my masters heard of my trip to this place, the asked me to look for information that would only have the hope of surviving in a place like this, if it even exists. I search for anything in your records archive that references the jeweled sages, particularly during the timeframe of their flight from Osirion. Do you know if such a thing exists? If it does, what would an outsider like me have to do for the opportunity to look at them?

Silver Crusade

Male LN Human (Chelaxian) Inquisitor (Asmodeus) 9 | HP: 72/72 | AC: 26 (15 tch, 24 Fl) | CMB: +13, CMD: 25 | F: +11, R: +8, W: +14 (+2 trait bonus vs mind-affecting from demons) | Init: +6 | Perc: +24, SM: +26 | Speed 20ft | Judgements: 2/3, Greater Bane: 13/14; Discern Lies 9/9, Shirt Reroll 1/1, Coin 1/1 | Spells: 1st 6/7, 2nd 4/5, 3rd 3/4 | Lesser Extend: 3/6 Active conditions: Hight. Aware., Perveive Cues, Heroism, haste, sof,
Cyrus the Flea wrote:

[ dice=wand, clw]1d8+1

[ dice=wand, clw]1d8+1
[ dice=wand, clw]1d8+1

back up to 24, If we do indeed rest, he will be full tomorrow morning.

Save the wand. Faustus will give Cyrus a favor, or two, if we know that we are not going to go out of the area.

Cure Light Wounds: 1d8 + 5 ⇒ (1) + 5 = 6
Cure Light Wounds: 1d8 + 5 ⇒ (2) + 5 = 7
that should put him pretty much full -

Before he recovers his spells at dusk, he'll do one more.
Cure Light Wounds: 1d8 + 5 ⇒ (5) + 5 = 10

Scarab Sages

Male Human (Garundi), Summoner 10, HP: 93/93 | AC: 19[21] FF: 17[19] Touch: 13 | Saves: Fort: +11[+13] Ref: +9[+11] Will: +11[+13] | Perception: +2 SM +0| Init: +2 | CMB: +16 | CMD: 27 | Speed: 30 | Spells 1st: 6/6 2nd: 4/5 3rd: 2/4 4th: 1/1| Wand of MA 39/50(1) | Wand of IH 38 / 50 | Active conditions: heroism 200 min, greater invisibility 10 rounds

Amaranti, now returned to his full height again, meets Cyrus' glance and joins the discussion.
"Is true. The Scarab Sages are interested on where Jeweled Sages go so many millenia ago. They scholars and sages, like you. Maybe they came here, and one of you write it in records." Details usually escape the Garundi's mind, but the story of his factions origin he has absorbed well. He might not pass as an Iroran monk, but he presents his request as humbly as he can - even hunching a bit as not to tower so far above Aeotsep.


Dice Rolls | Tactical

"Cyrus my young friend. I am very familiar with all the collections in Tar Kuata. Sadly, what we have recorded is minimal. If you would give me until the morning, I am sure that I can locate the relevant texts for you."

In the morning
"Good morning. I hope you have rested well from your trials yesterday. They were taxing on both the mind and body. Here, Cyrus and Amaranti. Look at these."

Aeotsep shows the PCs several texts that reference a now-absent scroll—supposedly a biographical account and paraphrased transcript of a discussion with a Jeweled Sage who stayed at Tar Kuata for 3 days soon after Osirion’s fall to the Padishah Empire. Any substantive research would require tracking down a surviving copy of the scroll, and Aeotsep finds a record suggesting one may still remain in the Sothis Exhibitory.


Dice Rolls | Tactical

The mod doesn't say anything about healing, but assume that you are all healed up, no CLW charges, and all spells and ki back."

The next morning, the Pathfinders gather with Itephta and Aeotsep in the Master’s Room. The room is sparsely furnished but the Pathfinders can see that the items are well made and well used.

Itephta and Aeostep greet the Pathfinder warmly and even recount some of the fight the day before, especially the young ninja's acrobatic moves.

"Pathfinders, none can dispute you have erned our complete respect, and I can think of no other who are worthy of this relic. However, we need to ask more of you. We will bequeath the Sky Key component to the Pathfinder Society on the condition they provide our monastery some short-term assistance.

See, our monastery is remote and receives little direct aid from Sothis and the great river cities of Osirion, and this distance has made us a target for worshippers of Rovagug who recently became our neighbors. These so-called Doomsday Knights frequently attack caravans and pilgrims, and we have done what we can to protect the trails that lead here with the disciples we have. In fact, one of our own, a respected Ouat named Bertrag, disappeared several days before you arrived. At this point I assume he has perished; the cult is known for sacrificing intelligent creatures.

Irori promotes self-perfection, but I do not confuse that with blind self-reliance when confronted with a true threat. Tar Kuata can guard travelers or strike at the cult’s heart, but it cannot do both. With your assistance, we might rid this land of the Rough Beast’s warriors once and for all. What say you?”

Sovereign Court

Male CG Halfling Bard 6 | HP 33/33 | AC 24 (15 Tch, 21 FF) | CMB +1, CMD 14 | F +7, R +10, W +8 | Init +7 | Perc +11, SM +12 | Speed 20 ft | [ooc| Inspire 16/18[/ooc] | Spells: 1st 5/5, 2nd 4/4 | Active Conditions: Short Sword shrunk

Miro nods thoughtfully, signaling affirmation of his acceptance. "While we aim to explore and report more than anything else, what would the Pathfinders be if they left an ally to deal with this problem alone? Of course we shall help you, even if you had no Sky Key."

The halfling grins wickedly, "These followers of the 'Rough Beast' will find out soon enough that they are not rough enough by half when my friends fall upon them."

Silver Crusade

Male LN Human (Chelaxian) Inquisitor (Asmodeus) 9 | HP: 72/72 | AC: 26 (15 tch, 24 Fl) | CMB: +13, CMD: 25 | F: +11, R: +8, W: +14 (+2 trait bonus vs mind-affecting from demons) | Init: +6 | Perc: +24, SM: +26 | Speed 20ft | Judgements: 2/3, Greater Bane: 13/14; Discern Lies 9/9, Shirt Reroll 1/1, Coin 1/1 | Spells: 1st 6/7, 2nd 4/5, 3rd 3/4 | Lesser Extend: 3/6 Active conditions: Hight. Aware., Perveive Cues, Heroism, haste, sof,

"I am sworn to uphold order. And the chaos that is the Rough Beast disturbs that order. We shall do whatever we can to learn the fate of your fellow monk, and to rid this region of the Doomsday Knights should that be possible. For was not the Lord of Contracts foremost in the fight that bound Rovagug? His followers can do no less. "

Scarab Sages

Male Human (Garundi), Summoner 10, HP: 93/93 | AC: 19[21] FF: 17[19] Touch: 13 | Saves: Fort: +11[+13] Ref: +9[+11] Will: +11[+13] | Perception: +2 SM +0| Init: +2 | CMB: +16 | CMD: 27 | Speed: 30 | Spells 1st: 6/6 2nd: 4/5 3rd: 2/4 4th: 1/1| Wand of MA 39/50(1) | Wand of IH 38 / 50 | Active conditions: heroism 200 min, greater invisibility 10 rounds

In the morning, when Aeotsep brings them the texts, he listens to the monk's explanations carefully, and trying to remember what is written, to later report back to Amenopheus and Tahonikepsu. Once that is done, he thanks Aeotsep, but cannot help and ask: "I was thinking... Before we climb the spire, you say one student attain wisdom like founder's. Who is this student?" This question, while presented humbly, is followed by not-very-inconspicuous nudge towards the young ninja.

--when all are present--

"We help you, of course" Amaranti states matter-of-factly. Their mission was to get the Sky Key component, and if destroying Rovagug cult is their way to attain it, then they shall strike at the heart of the worshippers. Besides, the Garundi has taken quite a liking to the Irori monks, he is happy to help them.

Scarab Sages

Male CG Human (Kelishite) Ninja 8.2 | HP: 43/43 | AC: 26 (19 Tch, 19 FF) | CMB: +9, CMD: 28 | F: +4, R: +14, W: +3 | Init: +6 | Perc: +11, SM: +3 | Speed 30ft, Climb 20ft | Ki Pool: 5/6 | Active conditions: fatigued, haste, spirit sense, invis, fly

"Sothis Exhibitory... got it." Cyrus jots the information down in his journal, not trusting his mind to remember the details. He smiles sheepishly when Amaranti nudges him as he asks the question. He cannot help but wait with bated breath for the answer, on the off chance his friend's instincts were correct.

At the gathering

Much like his large Garundi friend, Cyrus has taken quite a liking to the monks and their way of life. Not so much that he wished to join, but, enough that he knew he would long to return to visit someday. He had a pretty good idea of how his report to Amenopheus and Tahonikepsu would go regarding the possibility of finding a jeweled sage from amongst the wisdom here.

"Miro speaks for all of us, we would be delighted to help defend your caravans and rid the area of the rough beast's influence, even if there were no sky key to obtain. I would like to come back someday to visit, perhaps to study for a time, and I would like to make sure that there is a place to come back to. It would be our pleasure to help."


Dice Rolls | Tactical

Diplomacy aid Amaranti: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 2 = 7
Diplomacy aid Cyrus: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (13) + 6 = 19
Diplomacy Miro: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (16) + 13 = 29

With a little help form their halfling friend, "Well it might not be right for me to share her information, but I will never forget Dhiara. You know sometimes she sends us letters, let me go see if I can find one."

He returns moments later,

Cyrus and Amaranti:
To my colleagues at Tar Kuata,
No matter the great distance that separates me from the monastery, every day I fondly remember the humble halls filled with extraordinary knowledge and mortal potential. I encourage each of you to strive for excellence and also look forward to the day you might leave the monastery to test your skills against worldly challenges. I write this not to suggest that Tar Kuata restricts our skills, but there are
discoveries one can pursue only beyond its cloistered walls.

My writing supplies are among the last of my humble belongings left to pack. The people of Iadara have mostly kindly honored the conclusion of my personal trial against Tanglebriar, yet even 10 years without rest seems trivial compared to the struggles of the elves that call this home.

Nonetheless, I have met and exceeded my goal, and it has driven me to find others who fight against impossible odds. My contacts in Erages speak of kindred outcasts in a land called Averaka_a place unfamiliar to me, and one that I am intent on finding.

My next letter may not arrive for many months. Until then, always aspire to be greater than you were the day before, and harness the lessons of the past to realize a greater future.

Your fellow sister,
Dhiara

Scarab Sages

Male CG Human (Kelishite) Ninja 8.2 | HP: 43/43 | AC: 26 (19 Tch, 19 FF) | CMB: +9, CMD: 28 | F: +4, R: +14, W: +3 | Init: +6 | Perc: +11, SM: +3 | Speed 30ft, Climb 20ft | Ki Pool: 5/6 | Active conditions: fatigued, haste, spirit sense, invis, fly

After the gathering, before the pathfinders leave...

Cyrus wanders around, knowing the group will be setting out soon. Eventually he finds Aramaya sitting alone, meditating.

Hmm... might not have enough time to wait for her to finish, but do not want to interrupt. Let's not make this awkward... if you can help it...

Cyrus approaches quietly and begins to open his mouth to speak. He stops himself short, thankfully, and instead sits down next to the woman. He crosses his legs, mimicking her pose, and closes his eyes.

...

Some time later a pebble bounces off Cyrus' ear, snapping him out of his reverie. He turns back to see Ibid and Miro quietly waving him out of the room.

time to go... well... maybe next time Aramaya...

Getting up as quietly as he can, Cyrus slips out of the room and follows his companions, refreshed and ready for the inevitable battle to come.

Scarab Sages

Male CG Human (Kelishite) Ninja 8.2 | HP: 43/43 | AC: 26 (19 Tch, 19 FF) | CMB: +9, CMD: 28 | F: +4, R: +14, W: +3 | Init: +6 | Perc: +11, SM: +3 | Speed 30ft, Climb 20ft | Ki Pool: 5/6 | Active conditions: fatigued, haste, spirit sense, invis, fly

"Aeotsep, this is amazing information! We have a breadcrumb trail to start on now. This place, and you people fascinate me more and more by the minute. Thank you! I cannot wait to visit again, on a less official capacity." Cyrus smiles, bowing, shaking hands, whatever seems most appropriate to convey his gratitude for the letter and information. He grins to Amaranti, knowing this will greatly please their leaders.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Dice Rolls | Tactical

I am sure that everyone is going to say yes, so please ask any questions and let me know if you want to pick up anything before you head about, moving this along by 2 PM CDT or sooner.

While Cyrus is meditating

I did not think I hit him that hard. I wonder if he is weak, or I was too far in my battle lust. I would apologize, but I do not want to offend him. He tumbled past me so fast I could barely see him. What ability he possesses.

As Cyrus gets up, Aramaya cracks one eyelid open, begins to say something, thinks better of it, then continues to meditate.

Scarab Sages

Male CG Human (Kelishite) Ninja 8.2 | HP: 43/43 | AC: 26 (19 Tch, 19 FF) | CMB: +9, CMD: 28 | F: +4, R: +14, W: +3 | Init: +6 | Perc: +11, SM: +3 | Speed 30ft, Climb 20ft | Ki Pool: 5/6 | Active conditions: fatigued, haste, spirit sense, invis, fly

Nice... :)

back before the meditating..

Cyrus realizes that he has gleefully accepted the assignment, but doesn't know exactly what it is.

"It seems like the best course of action would be for us to strike out at the heart of these thugs while you continue to focus on protecting the people of this area and the caravans. Is that what you are suggesting?" Cyrus makes sure that it is clear he is not questioning them, merely confirming what he thought he heard.

"Do you have any idea where this place might be? What do you know of the thugs who have attacked the pilgrims and caravans? Simply starting a fight might not be good enough to chase them away, we may need to find a way to convince them that they don't want to come back..."


Dice Rolls | Tactical

Where
“We have tracked the Doomsday Knights to an abandoned mine located more than a day’s travel north of here.”

Who
“They are a cult of Rovagug led by Tasutek, a priest granted considerable physical strength by his patron. Most wield divine power in one form or another. The church of Sarenrae warned us of this group, which fled the Dawnflower’s wrath in An and found refuge here.”


Dice Rolls | Tactical

Aeotsep moves to the collected group before they depart. I wish you fortune and insight in your upcoming challenges. Before you depart, as a show of our appreciation, please accept these gifts." he removes his two rings—a ring of climbing and a ring of jumping. He also hands over a phylactery of faithfulness and an incense of meditation.

"It has been my absolute pleasure to watch you all grow in your short time here. You will always have a home here in Tar Kuata." The ageg monk makes his was down the terraced steps that the Pathfinders has raced up only a day ago. Once the Pathfinders reach the village, he bows deeply, and begins the trek back up to the monastery.

Let me know of any last minute purchases then we will move this along

Silver Crusade

Male LN Human (Chelaxian) Inquisitor (Asmodeus) 9 | HP: 72/72 | AC: 26 (15 tch, 24 Fl) | CMB: +13, CMD: 25 | F: +11, R: +8, W: +14 (+2 trait bonus vs mind-affecting from demons) | Init: +6 | Perc: +24, SM: +26 | Speed 20ft | Judgements: 2/3, Greater Bane: 13/14; Discern Lies 9/9, Shirt Reroll 1/1, Coin 1/1 | Spells: 1st 6/7, 2nd 4/5, 3rd 3/4 | Lesser Extend: 3/6 Active conditions: Hight. Aware., Perveive Cues, Heroism, haste, sof,

For now, Faustus will switch his teamwork feat to "Paired Opportunist" so that Amaranti and Karshaiga can use it with him.

Grand Lodge

Male Half-Orc Level 9, #-2

"It has been a joy facing your challenges, Aeotsep," says Lort, a genuine smile on his face as he shakes the monk's hand, "They were tough indeed. It is easy to see why so many of your aspirant's become villagers. Perhaps next time, you will find some challenges that will best me! Ha!" The half orc slaps the old man gently (for once) on the shoulder, "Actually, I do not doubt that that Aramya would have slaughtered me in single combat. She is quite exceptional. When you see her next, please apologize for the shiner I left on her forehead."

"It will be our absolute pleasure to perform this task for your monastery," Lort adds when they are given their mission, "Followers of the Destroyer are not to be trifled with lightly. Such zealotry and unbridled chaos are hard to reason with. Luckily, I have brought with me the tools of reason and Kurgess has deigned to give me the strength to wield them!" Lort pats his greatsword fondly.

Okay, ready to set off when everyone else is. Lort is looking forward to using a sharp weapon for once.


Dice Rolls | Tactical

Approximately 30 miles north of Tar Kuata lay the Merotsi Mines. A weathered wooden sign still stands by the entrance, warning visitors in Osiriani to “keep out.” The mine’s adit is also boarded over, though the planks are loose and easily removed. The distinctive steam still permeates the mine. (alchemy) or Knowledge (nature) if you please. Any character breathing will notice that the fumes feel uncomfortable, but are not harmful.

Torches in the wall sputter in the damp air, providing only dim light. The air here is acrid but does little beyond irritating the eyes. Five horses tethered to hooks on the walls have bloodshot eyes, rashes, and other minor conditions from their apparent exposure to the mist.

EDIT - MAP IS INCORRECT, you all should be 10' back (north)

Scarab Sages

Male CG Human (Kelishite) Ninja 8.2 | HP: 43/43 | AC: 26 (19 Tch, 19 FF) | CMB: +9, CMD: 28 | F: +4, R: +14, W: +3 | Init: +6 | Perc: +11, SM: +3 | Speed 30ft, Climb 20ft | Ki Pool: 5/6 | Active conditions: fatigued, haste, spirit sense, invis, fly

I WANT TO SNEAK UP ON THE BAD GUYS IN A MINE CART!

Sorry, May have gotten carried away there...

Cyrus carefully picks his way into the mine, resisting the urge to rub his eyes from the bothersome air. He inspects the lift and mine carts, peering down the long tracks to see what may be seen.

searching the area, mainly for traps, also for clues about who else is in here, hoping we can get the drop on them, but not counting on it.

-Posted with Wayfinder

Silver Crusade

Male LN Human (Chelaxian) Inquisitor (Asmodeus) 9 | HP: 72/72 | AC: 26 (15 tch, 24 Fl) | CMB: +13, CMD: 25 | F: +11, R: +8, W: +14 (+2 trait bonus vs mind-affecting from demons) | Init: +6 | Perc: +24, SM: +26 | Speed 20ft | Judgements: 2/3, Greater Bane: 13/14; Discern Lies 9/9, Shirt Reroll 1/1, Coin 1/1 | Spells: 1st 6/7, 2nd 4/5, 3rd 3/4 | Lesser Extend: 3/6 Active conditions: Hight. Aware., Perveive Cues, Heroism, haste, sof,

As the team approaches the lair, Faustus will cast a couple of long-term spells. First, he casts See Invisible (lasts 1 hour), and then Perceive Clues (also 1 hour) (tag line will be updated).

"Be careful, friends. We don't want to get in over our heads."

If he hears a language he doesn't understand, he'll follow up with Tongues.

He knows Common, Varisian, Infernal

Sovereign Court

Male CG Halfling Bard 6 | HP 33/33 | AC 24 (15 Tch, 21 FF) | CMB +1, CMD 14 | F +7, R +10, W +8 | Init +7 | Perc +11, SM +12 | Speed 20 ft | [ooc| Inspire 16/18[/ooc] | Spells: 1st 5/5, 2nd 4/4 | Active Conditions: Short Sword shrunk

The Halfling nods at the inquisitor, peering into the gloom with sharp eyes, trying to make out any features inside, anything hidden that could be either useful or meant to harm.

Perception: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (18) + 11 = 29

Silver Crusade

Male LN Human (Chelaxian) Inquisitor (Asmodeus) 9 | HP: 72/72 | AC: 26 (15 tch, 24 Fl) | CMB: +13, CMD: 25 | F: +11, R: +8, W: +14 (+2 trait bonus vs mind-affecting from demons) | Init: +6 | Perc: +24, SM: +26 | Speed 20ft | Judgements: 2/3, Greater Bane: 13/14; Discern Lies 9/9, Shirt Reroll 1/1, Coin 1/1 | Spells: 1st 6/7, 2nd 4/5, 3rd 3/4 | Lesser Extend: 3/6 Active conditions: Hight. Aware., Perveive Cues, Heroism, haste, sof,

sure, perception checks are a good idea.
perception, with see invisible, perceive clues: 1d20 + 18 ⇒ (6) + 18 = 24

Scarab Sages

Male CG Human (Kelishite) Ninja 8.2 | HP: 43/43 | AC: 26 (19 Tch, 19 FF) | CMB: +9, CMD: 28 | F: +4, R: +14, W: +3 | Init: +6 | Perc: +11, SM: +3 | Speed 30ft, Climb 20ft | Ki Pool: 5/6 | Active conditions: fatigued, haste, spirit sense, invis, fly

oops, forgot mine

Perception: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (16) + 8 = 24


Dice Rolls | Tactical

I will do perception checks


Dice Rolls | Tactical

Did I sound all badass there? That is what I was going for. Seriously I WILL DO PERCEPTION CHECKS. MMHAHAHA

Grand Lodge

Male Half-Orc Level 9, #-2

"Ha! While you look for clues, the enemy plots our demise!" bellows Lort, blowing any chance of a silent approach, "Come, let us face them on the field of battle and make them pay for the injustices they have wrought upon the peace loving monks!" As Lort strides forwards in his clanking plate armor, his fellow Pathfinders realize that a quiet approach was never on the cards anyway.

Ready to go forwards, in marching order, whenever you guys are! ;-)


Dice Rolls | Tactical

The Pathfinders' approach to entering the mine is as varied as the Pathfinders are themselves. As they burst on the scene, Cryus, overcome by curiosity, heads straight towards the mine cars spooking the horses. They begin kicking and neighing causing quite the cacophony.

Faustus takes a more cautious approach, casting spells. His evil god rewards his attention to detail.

Amaranti Perception: 1d20 ⇒ 1
Cyrus Perception: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (1) + 8 = 9
Faustus Perception: 1d20 + 18 ⇒ (2) + 18 = 20
Ibid Perception: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (2) + 8 = 10 +9 for traps
Kaisharga Perception: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (19) + 7 = 26
Lort Perception: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (11) + 13 = 24
Miro Perception: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (8) + 11 = 19

No sooner has he cast his spell, than Lort and Kaisharga notice a small, green winged creature that resembles Rovagug.

Lort barges in, declaring for all the world to hear that he is here, and ready for action.

Ibid, though still suffering from a freak accident involving a cactus and desert avian on the journey to the abandoned mine, is still with it enough to begin his investigation.

Ibid Kn nature: 1d20 + 11 + 1d6 ⇒ (8) + 11 + (2) = 21
Ibid Kn Arcana: 1d20 + 11 + 1d6 ⇒ (3) + 11 + (6) = 20

Ibid undeterred by his afflictions, is able to tell that the smell that is permeating is volcanic in origin and mildly acidic.
He is also able to tell that the small green winged creature is a Homunculus

Initiative Rolls:

Amaranti Initiative: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5
Cyrus Initiative: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 4 = 10
Faustus Initiative: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (16) + 5 = 21
Ibid Initiative: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (20) + 4 = 24
Lort Initiative: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3
Miro Initiative: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (15) + 7 = 22
Homunculus Initiative: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 2 = 8

Next Up: Ibid, Miro, Faustus, Cyrus

Combat Table:

Combat Table - Round 1
Active Conditions:
  • Ibid <=
  • Miro <=
  • Faustus <=
  • Cyrus <=
  • Homunculus <=
  • Lort <=
  • Amaranti <=

Current Conditions:

Grand Lodge

Male Half-Orc Level 9, #-2

Just out of curiosity... how large are the mine's ceilings? Mainly thinking for enlarge person later on down the track...


Dice Rolls | Tactical

Doesn't specify, but more than 20 I would guess

Silver Crusade

Male LN Human (Chelaxian) Inquisitor (Asmodeus) 9 | HP: 72/72 | AC: 26 (15 tch, 24 Fl) | CMB: +13, CMD: 25 | F: +11, R: +8, W: +14 (+2 trait bonus vs mind-affecting from demons) | Init: +6 | Perc: +24, SM: +26 | Speed 20ft | Judgements: 2/3, Greater Bane: 13/14; Discern Lies 9/9, Shirt Reroll 1/1, Coin 1/1 | Spells: 1st 6/7, 2nd 4/5, 3rd 3/4 | Lesser Extend: 3/6 Active conditions: Hight. Aware., Perveive Cues, Heroism, haste, sof,

kn: arcana to iD: 1d20 + 7 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 7 + 3 = 12. needed for bane, and enough to ID a CR2 creature.
Faustus, concerned that they are being spied upon, moves up and attacks the homunculus, declaring construct bane,moist to be sure.
The Final Arbitration, Construct Bane, PA: 1d20 + 9 + 2 - 2 ⇒ (12) + 9 + 2 - 2 = 21 Adamantine bludgeoning damage: 1d8 + 5 + 4 + 2 + 2d6 ⇒ (8) + 5 + 4 + 2 + (1, 1) = 21

"Hopefully you did not get a chance to report to your master, foul thing.

lockwood needed

Sovereign Court

Male CG Halfling Bard 6 | HP 33/33 | AC 24 (15 Tch, 21 FF) | CMB +1, CMD 14 | F +7, R +10, W +8 | Init +7 | Perc +11, SM +12 | Speed 20 ft | [ooc| Inspire 16/18[/ooc] | Spells: 1st 5/5, 2nd 4/4 | Active Conditions: Short Sword shrunk

The second one sounded more evil GM appropriate, if I may say so myself.

Not in any real attempt at secrecy, what with Lort proclaiming for this half of Golarion their intent, the halfling sings his companions praises, hoping to improve their efficacy to reduce the creature to pulp before it can do...well, whatever it would do if not reduced to pulp.

Draw sling, start Inspire Courage (+2 to attacks, damage, & saves vs fear)


Dice Rolls | Tactical

Keep the IC Miro

The large Inquisitor, seeing the Homunculus has a book, looses his sh*t and 'Pronounce Judgement'. The construct is found wanting, and is now a splattered, gooey mess on the mine floor.

As the Pathfinders move away, the horses settle down. They still look spooked, and you wouldn't want to barrel ride with one of them. Apparently they will be content to live in a semi-volcanic environment, slowly dying a little each day.

The curious ninja, now that the horses are settled the the Homunculus is goo, begins to explore the cave somewhat more.

To the east the mine carts sit on a double track that descends down a steep tunnel. Each pair of carts connects to a pulley assemblage by chains, which an operator can move using a large windlass at the top of the tunnel. Each cart can hold up to three Medium creatures and has a smaller windlass, allowing a creature to ascend or descend unaided.

To the west is a standard mine lift, metal cage, wooden platform, and several levers of varying size. The elevator can hold up to six Medium creatures.

Sovereign Court

Male CG Halfling Bard 6 | HP 33/33 | AC 24 (15 Tch, 21 FF) | CMB +1, CMD 14 | F +7, R +10, W +8 | Init +7 | Perc +11, SM +12 | Speed 20 ft | [ooc| Inspire 16/18[/ooc] | Spells: 1st 5/5, 2nd 4/4 | Active Conditions: Short Sword shrunk

"Well...ummm, Asmodeus be praised?" Miro wasn't quite sure whether the Devil God liked praise, but the brutal efficiency of his servant certainly wasn't to be questioned. The halfling's eyes widen as he sees the elevator.

"Oooohhh, a lift. I've heard about these. Can I push the button?"


Dice Rolls | Tactical

This is Pathfinder - you can do anything. Are you going to 'push a button'?

Scarab Sages

Male CG Human (Kelishite) Ninja 8.2 | HP: 43/43 | AC: 26 (19 Tch, 19 FF) | CMB: +9, CMD: 28 | F: +4, R: +14, W: +3 | Init: +6 | Perc: +11, SM: +3 | Speed 30ft, Climb 20ft | Ki Pool: 5/6 | Active conditions: fatigued, haste, spirit sense, invis, fly

"As much as I would like to ride down in one of these carts, it most likely won't take us to the same place as the lift here. If there is nothing left here, we might as well head down..." Cyrus nods to Miro, indicating he should push the button, or swing the lever once everyone is aboard.

jeesh... Link fu is much more difficult to pull off on my phone...

-Posted with Wayfinder

Sovereign Court

Male CG Halfling Bard 6 | HP 33/33 | AC 24 (15 Tch, 21 FF) | CMB +1, CMD 14 | F +7, R +10, W +8 | Init +7 | Perc +11, SM +12 | Speed 20 ft | [ooc| Inspire 16/18[/ooc] | Spells: 1st 5/5, 2nd 4/4 | Active Conditions: Short Sword shrunk

Giggling with glee once everyone is on board, Miro starts randomly pulling and pushing levers, experimenting until he figures out the function of each one. After a bit of rocking and jumping and heart-wrenching plummets, he'll guide them down until they get to another opening.


Dice Rolls | Tactical

Once aboard, the affable halfling begins to try to pull levers. Try as he might, time and neglect have frozen the lever marked 'Descend' in place. Some of the stronger members of the group also give the old heave-ho to no avail.

Stymied they look at each other wondering what to do.

The lift is broken. Kn (Engineering) to diagnose the problem, then a Disable Device or relevant Craft or Profession check to fix it.

Grand Lodge

Male Half-Orc Level 9, #-2

"Ha! The mining carts are a better way to go anyway," says Lort, "At least that way, we'll know how to get back out again. I do not trust an elevator that is already broken!"

Ever the incautious one, Lort leaps onto a mine cart and begins to try winching the windlass.

Assuming it works...

"Ha! Beautiful!" he cries, "Now, who wants to ride with me?"

I know Ibid could romp a Kn (Eng) check, and Cyrus could then romp an "enable device" check... but it's obvious an ambush awaits at the end of the mine carts... so let's doooooooo it!

Scarab Sages

Male CG Human (Kelishite) Ninja 8.2 | HP: 43/43 | AC: 26 (19 Tch, 19 FF) | CMB: +9, CMD: 28 | F: +4, R: +14, W: +3 | Init: +6 | Perc: +11, SM: +3 | Speed 30ft, Climb 20ft | Ki Pool: 5/6 | Active conditions: fatigued, haste, spirit sense, invis, fly

if/when Ibid or Miro diagnose the problem:
Cyrus pulls out his tools, designed for picking locks, and gets to work. At one point he calls Lort over to make an adjustment on the pulley, and then declares the work finished.

disable device: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (18) + 14 = 32

"well Miro, let's give this another shot!"

if we ride the carts:

"woohoo! I thought you would never ask!"

Cyrus leaps into the next mine cart, mimicking the checks that Lort just made, and waits for the rest of the group to load up before beginning the descent.

-Posted with Wayfinder

Grand Lodge

Male Half-Orc Level 9, #-2

Actually, Lort is so sure it will be an ambush at the end of the shaft, he casts enlarge person if he thinks he'll fit, followed by shield of faith. If he won't fit as a large person, then he'll cast bull's strength and pass his belt off to Cyrus.

Sovereign Court

Male CG Halfling Bard 6 | HP 33/33 | AC 24 (15 Tch, 21 FF) | CMB +1, CMD 14 | F +7, R +10, W +8 | Init +7 | Perc +11, SM +12 | Speed 20 ft | [ooc| Inspire 16/18[/ooc] | Spells: 1st 5/5, 2nd 4/4 | Active Conditions: Short Sword shrunk

Using Loremaster to take 20 on Kn Engineering check for a 23 result

Miro assesses the elevator, looking about the thing and the gadgetry until inspiration just...happens. "Cyrus, I think if you connect those two thing-a-ma-jigs there, and possibly clamp these two widgets together, then maybe put a bit of oil on those gears, we should be able to get this bad boy rolling again!"

Silver Crusade

Male LN Human (Chelaxian) Inquisitor (Asmodeus) 9 | HP: 72/72 | AC: 26 (15 tch, 24 Fl) | CMB: +13, CMD: 25 | F: +11, R: +8, W: +14 (+2 trait bonus vs mind-affecting from demons) | Init: +6 | Perc: +24, SM: +26 | Speed 20ft | Judgements: 2/3, Greater Bane: 13/14; Discern Lies 9/9, Shirt Reroll 1/1, Coin 1/1 | Spells: 1st 6/7, 2nd 4/5, 3rd 3/4 | Lesser Extend: 3/6 Active conditions: Hight. Aware., Perveive Cues, Heroism, haste, sof,

Faustus nods to Miro. "Power and glory to Asmodeus!"

"Ibid and Cyrus, perhaps this lift is more your realm than mine. I shall remain on guard with Lort."

Silver Crusade

Male LN Human (Chelaxian) Inquisitor (Asmodeus) 9 | HP: 72/72 | AC: 26 (15 tch, 24 Fl) | CMB: +13, CMD: 25 | F: +11, R: +8, W: +14 (+2 trait bonus vs mind-affecting from demons) | Init: +6 | Perc: +24, SM: +26 | Speed 20ft | Judgements: 2/3, Greater Bane: 13/14; Discern Lies 9/9, Shirt Reroll 1/1, Coin 1/1 | Spells: 1st 6/7, 2nd 4/5, 3rd 3/4 | Lesser Extend: 3/6 Active conditions: Hight. Aware., Perveive Cues, Heroism, haste, sof,
Lort wrote:
Actually, Lort is so sure it will be an ambush at the end of the shaft, he casts enlarge person if he thinks he'll fit, followed by shield of faith. If he won't fit as a large person, then he'll cast bull's strength and pass his belt off to Cyrus.

As Lort begins preparing his spell, Faustus says, "That might not be a good idea, friend. This lift appears to only be large enough for the six of us. In fact, Amaranti, your friend may not fit, either. "

When Cyrus, Miro, and Ibid figure out the lift, Faustus will cast shield of faith.


Dice Rolls | Tactical

Lort could cast Enlarge Person, but he would ride the mine cart solo. If you choose the mine car option, you will be in 3 cars, one for Lort, and 3 in one and 3 in the other. They are connected in pairs. I would also need a Mine Car Order. i.e. Mine Car 1 and 2 go together, and Mine car 3 and 4 would follow, one round after. Also please be detailed in what you do, i.e. I check the mechanism to repair it, or I enter the minecar, sword drawn. One person per mine car pair will need both hands free to work the windlass. So I have one vote for Lift and 1 for either, Cyrus. Will move this along with the rule of 3.

Grand Lodge

Male Half-Orc Level 9, #-2

The elevator is clearly the sensible option, so please disregard Lort's desires on this (and any other strategic) decision. Count my vote as per elevator, provided it can be fixed.

Lort smiles at Faustus as he climbs out of the mine cart, "Guard duty it is." He hefts his greatsword and gives it a few experimental swishes.

"Nice work with figuring out the problem, Miro..." Lort says as the halfling mutters about things he doesn't understand, "Think Cyrus could fix it for us?"

Oh, and Miro could technically mount Kaisharga making them occupy the space of a medium creature together. Lort could also piggy-back the bard. ;-)


Dice Rolls | Tactical

The Pathfinder, like all high-performing teams, immediately go to work fixing the problem, rather than admiring it. Miro points out that he once saw a book that talked about gears and other things that moved. He suggests to the nimble Cyrus that if you move that kannuner valve, and pump up the tron rods, then the dewhickey will functions at optimal standards.

Rolling up his sleeves, Cyrus does as the halfling instructs. A string of curse words, some grease, and a bit of bubble gum, the lift is fully operational.

The Pathfinder once again pile into the lift, a little jostling, and "Hands to your self mister", and once again Miro throws the switch.

This time, the lift jiggles, rumbles, and begins a jerky decent into the cavern below.

As the lift shudders to a halt, the Pathfinders warily de-lift, the immediately feel a wave of heat roll over them.

PRD wrote:
In severe heat (above 110° F), a character must make a Fortitude save once every 10 minutes (DC 15, +1 for each previous check) or take 1d4 points of nonlethal damage. Characters wearing heavy clothing or armor of any sort take a –4 penalty on their saves. A character with the Survival skill may receive a bonus on this saving throw and might be able to apply this bonus to other characters as well (see the Survival skill in Chapter 4). Characters reduced to nconsciousness begin taking lethal damage (1d4 points per each 10-minute period). A character who takes any nonlethal damage from heat exposure now suffers from heatstroke and is fatigued. These penalties end when the character recovers from the nonlethal damage she took from the heat.

As they look around, they see that

This would be an unremarkable cavern were it not for the metal tower that occupies most of the space and pushes against the fractured ceiling.


MAP updated


Dice Rolls | Tactical

Fortitude Rolls:

Amaranti Fortitude: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (11) + 4 = 15
Cyrus Fortitude: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (20) + 1 = 21
Faustus Fortitude: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (4) + 8 = 12
Ibid Fortitude: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (11) + 4 = 15 +2 for hot conditions
Kaisharga Fortitude: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 2 = 10
Lort Fortitude: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (8) + 8 = 16
Miro Fortitude: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (16) + 6 = 22

All except Miro and Cyrus are now Fatigued

Amaranti NL Damage: 1d4 ⇒ 3
Faustus NL Damage: 1d4 ⇒ 3
Kaisharga NL Damage: 1d4 ⇒ 1
Lort NL Damage: 1d4 ⇒ 1

201 to 250 of 402 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / GMTheBobJones #6–19: Test of Tar Kuata All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.