GMTheBobJones #6–19: Test of Tar Kuata (Inactive)

Game Master TheBobJones

Where on Golarion | Tatical | CLW


251 to 300 of 402 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | next > last >>
Silver Crusade

Male LN Human (Chelaxian) Inquisitor (Asmodeus) 9 | HP: 72/72 | AC: 26 (15 tch, 24 Fl) | CMB: +13, CMD: 25 | F: +11, R: +8, W: +14 (+2 trait bonus vs mind-affecting from demons) | Init: +6 | Perc: +24, SM: +26 | Speed 20ft | Judgements: 2/3, Greater Bane: 13/14; Discern Lies 9/9, Shirt Reroll 1/1, Coin 1/1 | Spells: 1st 6/7, 2nd 4/5, 3rd 3/4 | Lesser Extend: 3/6 Active conditions: Hight. Aware., Perveive Cues, Heroism, haste, sof,

Cyrus'd by the GM!
Shouldn't that Fort save only happen after 10 minutes, not immediately, based on the section you quoted?"[/b]

Survival wrote:
DC15: Gain a +2 bonus on all Fortitude saves against severe weather while moving up to half your overland speed, or gain a +4 bonus if you remain stationary. You may grant the same bonus to one other character for every 1 point by which your Survival check result exceeds 15.

"By the Prince of Darkness's sweaty balls, it is hot down here!"

survival vs heat: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (3) + 13 = 16
[ooc]Ok, So Faustus isn't helping any one, but is basking in the heat, as if he were experiencing The Pit.

The inquistor takes a few precautions on surviving the heat, and then says, "Well, I guess we should keep moving, here. Let's check out that metal tower. Looks... interesting."

Silver Crusade

Male LN Human (Chelaxian) Inquisitor (Asmodeus) 9 | HP: 72/72 | AC: 26 (15 tch, 24 Fl) | CMB: +13, CMD: 25 | F: +11, R: +8, W: +14 (+2 trait bonus vs mind-affecting from demons) | Init: +6 | Perc: +24, SM: +26 | Speed 20ft | Judgements: 2/3, Greater Bane: 13/14; Discern Lies 9/9, Shirt Reroll 1/1, Coin 1/1 | Spells: 1st 6/7, 2nd 4/5, 3rd 3/4 | Lesser Extend: 3/6 Active conditions: Hight. Aware., Perveive Cues, Heroism, haste, sof,

If the non-lethal damage happens immediately, Faustus will cast cure light wounds on himself.
'Knew I should have gotten that wand of endure elements, or at least a few scrolls.'

Grand Lodge

Male Half-Orc Level 9, #-2

"I agree, mister Faustus," says Lort, puffing and panting in the heat of his plate mail, "Hot as hell, and we need to check out that metal tower. The less time we spend in this sweltering awfulness, the better. My bones are much better suited to the colder climbs!"

I take it this non-lethal damage is also not able to be healed until we get out of the heat...

EDIT: FYI, as I found out in RoW and later when running From Under Ice, the scenarios tend to be light on the rules summaries when describing the effects of weather, terrain, etc, if they're already covered in the Core Rules. This PRD reference may help: Heat Dangers.

Scarab Sages

Male CG Human (Kelishite) Ninja 8.2 | HP: 43/43 | AC: 26 (19 Tch, 19 FF) | CMB: +9, CMD: 28 | F: +4, R: +14, W: +3 | Init: +6 | Perc: +11, SM: +3 | Speed 30ft, Climb 20ft | Ki Pool: 5/6 | Active conditions: fatigued, haste, spirit sense, invis, fly

"Whew... Its like a sauna in here.."

Cyrus wipes the sweat that is forming on his forehead with his forearm. Drawing his blade, he moves forward, concerned for his friend and how they are dealing with the heat.

Living in the desert sands of Osirion, Cyrus felt accustomed, even if it had been a while since he had spent considerable time in the heat. Even he wasn't sure how long he would be able to hold out before feeling the effects of heat exhaustion though.

Moving forward, he does a quick circle around the tower, being careful not to touch it in case it is the source of the heat. He looks for hatches, openings, buttons or levers, anything that might give him a clue as to its function.

"Ibid, Miro, what do you think?"


Dice Rolls | Tactical
Prd wrote:
Heat deals nonlethal damage that cannot be recovered from until the character gets cooled off (reaches shade, survives until nightfall, gets doused in water, is targeted by endure elements, and so forth). Once a character has taken an amount of nonlethal damage equal to her total hit points, any further damage from a hot environment is lethal damage.

Grand Lodge

Male Half-Orc Level 9, #-2

As an aside, if it really has been 10 minutes since we've been exposed to the heat, we should beat a tactical retreat to outside of the mine, heal up and then move forwards (Lort can channel heal). I think we get the fatigued condition, which isn't going to work so well if 4 of us have it! We're under-level for the scenario as it is.

Cyrus'd! See my edit (above) to the full link. There are more rules in there.

Sovereign Court

Male CG Halfling Bard 6 | HP 33/33 | AC 24 (15 Tch, 21 FF) | CMB +1, CMD 14 | F +7, R +10, W +8 | Init +7 | Perc +11, SM +12 | Speed 20 ft | [ooc| Inspire 16/18[/ooc] | Spells: 1st 5/5, 2nd 4/4 | Active Conditions: Short Sword shrunk

"Whew! I could get used to this!" The Halfling looks at his companions, most of whom appear in various stages of sweating half to death. Miro's head cocks quizzically, as if he can't understand what the hell is wrong with them. He finally shrugs.

"You guys look tired. Then again, moving those big bodies and armor around probably takes a lot more work than what I put forth. Let's go ahead and check things out before you sweat yourselves into an early grave."


Dice Rolls | Tactical

The conditions trigger when you got off the lift. I will track time until 10 minutes so everyone is all good. If you do everything within 10 minutes, no need to worry. As for the heat rules, this is severe heat (above 110° F).

To Identify this structure, you need a pretty high Spellcraft Check. Any and all are welcome to try

As the Prthfinder adjust to the sweltering heat, they observe the metal tower. They notice that there are arrow slits on all sides and a crenellated battlement atop it that is stuck into the ceiling. There is also a small door.

Grand Lodge

Male Half-Orc Level 9, #-2

With everyone crowded together, Lort decides to play a summertime prank he noticed the priests of Sarenrae casting on the kids.

"Create water!" he chants.

Ten gallons of water appears in the air above those closest to the door, in large spread-out globules. They hang there, magically suspended as they increase in volume. Once the conjuration magic that brought the water here from the gods-know-where on Golarion has finished its work, it lets go and the lead three pathfinders (including Lort) are completely drenched.

"Ha! That was delightful!" shouts Lort while clearer heads examine the tower, "Let me know if and when you'd like me to bash that puny door inwards."


Dice Rolls | Tactical

As Lort questions his friends, a voice can be heard form instide the metal tower. "I say, I do admire your tenacity you foolish knights. Even my companions at Tar Kuata would have recognized a fools errand by now. On second thought, it is not your tenacity, but your lack of intellect. Have you not tried to break down this door unsuccessfully many times? Have you not tried to break these walls? I except nothing less from Knights of Rovagug."

Scarab Sages

Male CG Human (Kelishite) Ninja 8.2 | HP: 43/43 | AC: 26 (19 Tch, 19 FF) | CMB: +9, CMD: 28 | F: +4, R: +14, W: +3 | Init: +6 | Perc: +11, SM: +3 | Speed 30ft, Climb 20ft | Ki Pool: 5/6 | Active conditions: fatigued, haste, spirit sense, invis, fly

"Uhh..." Cyrus screws up his face in confusion, breaking his attention down what appears to be a continued hallway past the metal tower.

Whispering to his companions, though maybe not all that quiet.. "Maybe he is trying to trick us... He can clearly see us through the arrow slits..."

More loudly, and to the person inside the tower, he says, "You claim to be from Tar Kuata? Prove it. We are not Knights of Rovagug, but emissaries from the monastery, and allies of the monks, here to wipe the stain of Rovagug and his mindless knights from this region. If you are from Tar Kuata, and one of our allies, then we can still help each other. However if you are one of the lying insects of Rovagug, know that your puny door will not hold us back, and your minutes are now numbered."

Intimidate (would only be intimidating if he isn't actually from Tar Kuata): 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (9) + 10 = 19


Dice Rolls | Tactical

As rustling can be heard from inside the structure. "Ah, you do not appear to be knights. I am Bertrag. Who sent you here?"

only if he was looking which he wasn't

Grand Lodge

Male Half-Orc Level 9, #-2

"We are here on behalf of the monks of Tar Kuata," bellows Lort, not having a subtle bone in his body, "And if you're having trouble with the knights of Rovagug, then you have no quarrel with us. They shall soon be tasting our metal."

Lort sheathes his sword to show he bears no ill-intent, but adds, "And if I tried to break down that door, we would not be having this conversation!" There may be some small creature down in the deepest pits of the mine, sheltered by a myriad of walls that did not hear Lort's last boast, but it seems unlikely.


Dice Rolls | Tactical

"I ask again, who sent you?" Looking for a name ...

Grand Lodge

Male Half-Orc Level 9, #-2

"Aeotsep, of course!" Lort yells, "Now, are you going to get this door open, or are we going to sit around shouting until those knights turn up?"

Lort gives the door an experimental bash.

Strength check to open doors: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (16) + 5 = 21

Oops! I hope it holds - or Cyrus is able to "enable device" on the door again. Oh, mending. Should be fine. ;-)

Sovereign Court

Male CG Halfling Bard 6 | HP 33/33 | AC 24 (15 Tch, 21 FF) | CMB +1, CMD 14 | F +7, R +10, W +8 | Init +7 | Perc +11, SM +12 | Speed 20 ft | [ooc| Inspire 16/18[/ooc] | Spells: 1st 5/5, 2nd 4/4 | Active Conditions: Short Sword shrunk

"Hold, good Lort. I think we can resolve this without any door-bashing, as long as this fellow knows were with the 'right' folk." He puts a calming hand on the half-orc's arm, before addressing the man inside.

"Aye, Aeotsep, and Itephta, of the Monastery. Please let us in so we can discuss what is going on."

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (19) + 13 = 32


Dice Rolls | Tactical

The half-orc almost break his shoulder on the door, as he bounces back. A faint metal ringing can be head, and the door looks in perfect shape.

It opens and out walks the dwarven Ouat monk Bertrag. He is disheveled and a bit ripe, thinner than other Ouat monks that you have seen but in good spirits.

"Well met, I of course, am Bertrag. I can only assume that you are an envoy sent from Tar Kuata to rescue me." he says with a grin. "Not that I need rescuing, but it is nice to know that they care and still think of me." he says with a twinkle of his eye.

"We have little time to waste, I was patrolling the mountains when I was ambushed by the Doomsday Knights. Rather than escape, I offered to accompany the knights willingly. I told them 'I would rather be sacrificed properly than slaughtered like a desert animal.' Those idiot knights believed I would make a most fitting tribute to Rovagug and agreed.

In truth, I hoped to pinpoint their lair, study the group, and escape. It really is a simple task for me. However, once I discovered that there were other prisoners being periodically sacrificed to some monster, I instead elected to stay and defend the captives as best I could.

Unfortunately, I was unable to sneak the prisoners out. My only recourse was to activate my instant fortress and I kept everyone safe since. The cultists have tried to breach the fortress everyday. Thought you were those morons.

I have kept these prisoners alive through fasting and meditation exercises while awaiting a rescue party. I can create water at will, so everyone is hydrated and cool, albeit hungry.

Please tell me you killed those Doomsday Knights on your way down here? What about that powerful beast?"

The Pathfinders can see inside the fortress five emaciated shapes laying on the floor.

Scarab Sages

Male Human (Garundi), Summoner 10, HP: 93/93 | AC: 19[21] FF: 17[19] Touch: 13 | Saves: Fort: +11[+13] Ref: +9[+11] Will: +11[+13] | Perception: +2 SM +0| Init: +2 | CMB: +16 | CMD: 27 | Speed: 30 | Spells 1st: 6/6 2nd: 4/5 3rd: 2/4 4th: 1/1| Wand of MA 39/50(1) | Wand of IH 38 / 50 | Active conditions: heroism 200 min, greater invisibility 10 rounds

Whoa, that's a lot of text in just couple of hours..

Back in the elevator...
When the first breath of the heat wave hits the group, Amaranti smiles. He likes warm, a man of hot climate. It is enjoyable to feel the warmth on one's skin. But almost immediately his smile disappears - This is not warm! These are fires of hell! Amaranti glances to the inquisitor if he had something to do with this.

Once the heat becomes too oppressive, the Garundi stars digging his backpack. "I know I have it here..." he mumbles, furiously rummaging his belongings. Finally he retrieves a scroll, and with great relief reads the spell contained.

retrieve scroll of Endure Elements, and cast it. I don't know if this could be done before taking the damage?


Dice Rolls | Tactical

Keep the scroll, that water is good for you all. Imagine being Ibid

Silver Crusade

Male LN Human (Chelaxian) Inquisitor (Asmodeus) 9 | HP: 72/72 | AC: 26 (15 tch, 24 Fl) | CMB: +13, CMD: 25 | F: +11, R: +8, W: +14 (+2 trait bonus vs mind-affecting from demons) | Init: +6 | Perc: +24, SM: +26 | Speed 20ft | Judgements: 2/3, Greater Bane: 13/14; Discern Lies 9/9, Shirt Reroll 1/1, Coin 1/1 | Spells: 1st 6/7, 2nd 4/5, 3rd 3/4 | Lesser Extend: 3/6 Active conditions: Hight. Aware., Perveive Cues, Heroism, haste, sof,

"Bertrag is it? Unfortunately, no, we did not slay the Doomsday Knights. Yet. We haven't seen them, though I did turn someone's homunculus into paste.

"And which powerful beast are you talking about?

"Say, who were those folks that are laying there next to you?"

knowledge checks:

Faustus gets a +4 due to Monster Lore on his check.
His knowledge skills (without the +4) are:
Arcana: +7
Dungeoneering: +7
Local: +9
Nature: +7
Planes: +7
Religion: +8

identification check - assuming religion: 1d20 + 8 + 4 ⇒ (13) + 8 + 4 = 25
Please modify as needed.

Additionally, the always suspicious Faustus will sense motive:
Sense Motive: 1d20 + 21 ⇒ (9) + 21 = 30


Dice Rolls | Tactical

"These poor folks are prisoners that I rescued from the Knights. If any of you could spare some food and see to their health. I have done the best I could keeping them safe, but we have had no food for over a week. I had hoped you had taken care of the knights so I could escape with these poor people. Problem is this chamber is too low for my fortress to fully expand, so it cut into the roof above us. If I take it down, I fear that this cavern will collapse.

All is know is that beast can spin webs. Looked like a blob with mouths all over it, and arms too."

He is telling the truth. They are (humanoids) humans.

Silver Crusade

Male LN Human (Chelaxian) Inquisitor (Asmodeus) 9 | HP: 72/72 | AC: 26 (15 tch, 24 Fl) | CMB: +13, CMD: 25 | F: +11, R: +8, W: +14 (+2 trait bonus vs mind-affecting from demons) | Init: +6 | Perc: +24, SM: +26 | Speed 20ft | Judgements: 2/3, Greater Bane: 13/14; Discern Lies 9/9, Shirt Reroll 1/1, Coin 1/1 | Spells: 1st 6/7, 2nd 4/5, 3rd 3/4 | Lesser Extend: 3/6 Active conditions: Hight. Aware., Perveive Cues, Heroism, haste, sof,

when you stated 'emaciated bodies' I read that as dead bodies.

Faustus immediate goes to his backpack, offering up the two day's trail rations he has left. He also offers what water that he has, and gives a look to the rest that they should do the same. He looks the people over, to see if they need any immediate medical help, or is it primarily only food and water.
heal: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (3) + 8 = 11


Dice Rolls | Tactical

Imagine living for a week with no food, just water in a sauna around the clock. Might have been too strong, gross is a better description.

Grand Lodge

Male Half-Orc Level 9, #-2

Lort rushes forwards and gladly gives the remainder of his rations to these folk. If any are suffering from heat stroke, he douses them in a Lort-style shower and will remove any nonlethal damage with a channel energy.

"Don't worry, Bertrag, we will soon deal with the knights and you will be able to get out of this..." Lort surveys his surroundings, "Remarkable magical fortress. I really must see what I can do about getting my own one of these. Imagine this addition to Lort the Mighty's Travelling Shrine to Kurgess and Battle Arena! The fights, the races and the wrestling matches that could be had here!"


Dice Rolls | Tactical

They are all in bad physical shape, but no need to spend PC resources on it. Just for RP purposes.

"You all have my gratitude. I know that the knights' living quarters is south of here, and they usually pray east of here. To the west is a horrible place that makes it feel comfortable here. It'd be my guess that is where the cult leader and his creature are.

I'd hate to lose my fortress. Anyone have any ideas on how to retrieve it? Mayhaps we can work on getting you one after we get out of this mess."

Grand Lodge

Male NG Human Investigator 3/Ranger (guide) 2/Fighter (archer) 2 - PFS# 141231-2 | HP: 30/55 | AC: 20 (15 Tch, 15 Fl) | CMB: +9, CMD: 26 | F: +7 [+9 for hot/cold conditions], R: +12, W: +4 | Init: +6 | Perc: +9 [+10 find traps], SM: -1 | Speed 30ft | Inspiration: 3/3, Ranger’s Focus: 1/1, Inspired: 1/1, Boots of Speed: 10/10, Folio Re-roll: 1/1 | Spells: endure elements, shield | Active conditions:

63 posts to catch up on is this thread. You boys can sure tell a story, that was like going through a full chapter of a book :)

"Of course we will aid however we can," the old man finally pipes up, reaching into his pack and pulling free his remaining rations. The beads of sweat at running in rivulets down his face, and the heat seems to be sapping his strength with each passing second.

These poor souls, he thinks, continuing to pass out his stock of food.

"We will find a way to support the tunnel, making good your escape with these people. And by our hands, this cult leader will soon leave this mortal coil, but he will not be lonely, as we will be sure to send his pet along, so they can keep each other company after whatever judgement awaits them in the boneyard," Ibid says, sketching what he can see of the tunnel and scrawling some untidy calculations onto the page. He also turns the page and makes notes regarding the creature's description, hoping to determine its origin and, more importantly, any weaknesses.

Can Ibid cast endure elements, he as it prepared, in order to remove the fatigued condition?

Also, if there are any knowledge checks which might help determine how to stop the roof from collapsing or any further details about the creature, Ibid's check is +11+1d6

Sovereign Court

Male CG Halfling Bard 6 | HP 33/33 | AC 24 (15 Tch, 21 FF) | CMB +1, CMD 14 | F +7, R +10, W +8 | Init +7 | Perc +11, SM +12 | Speed 20 ft | [ooc| Inspire 16/18[/ooc] | Spells: 1st 5/5, 2nd 4/4 | Active Conditions: Short Sword shrunk

"Maybe we should deal with these followers of Rovagug, first. Once dealt with, we can then turn our attention to the fortress and getting these fine folks out of here."

Grand Lodge

Male Half-Orc Level 9, #-2

"Agreed, with the addition of slaying the leader and this creature," says Lort, perhaps a little too eagerly, "Please, Bertrag, if you can remember any more details about the creature, I'm sure my friend Ibid here will be able to better prepare to fight it. Of course, I fully expect that hitting it hard with this will do the trick!" Lort behaves like he always does and pats his enormous sword while grinning.

Lort is ready when everyone else is. I'm going to assume the fights are separated, so he'll cast bull's strength and shield of faith before facing the mooks and Cyrus will finally get to wear his belt. I'll save bear's endurance, enlarge person and protection from evil for the BBEGs (and, depending on how it goes and what the creature is, maybe weapons against evil (ignore 5 DR, awesome).

Silver Crusade

Male LN Human (Chelaxian) Inquisitor (Asmodeus) 9 | HP: 72/72 | AC: 26 (15 tch, 24 Fl) | CMB: +13, CMD: 25 | F: +11, R: +8, W: +14 (+2 trait bonus vs mind-affecting from demons) | Init: +6 | Perc: +24, SM: +26 | Speed 20ft | Judgements: 2/3, Greater Bane: 13/14; Discern Lies 9/9, Shirt Reroll 1/1, Coin 1/1 | Spells: 1st 6/7, 2nd 4/5, 3rd 3/4 | Lesser Extend: 3/6 Active conditions: Hight. Aware., Perveive Cues, Heroism, haste, sof,

Faustus is ready, and is itching to get going ... before the his spells run out.


Dice Rolls | Tactical

Got it, Choice A leads to where Bertrag says it is horrible, Path B leads to where Bertrag says the knights sleep.

"Pathfinder, Irori be praised for your timely intervention. I will make my way towards Tar Kuata with these prisoners. We hope to see you on the road. May you slay these infidels with impunity." Before he leaves, he gives you the command word to retract the Instant Fortress on your exit.

Scarab Sages

Male CG Human (Kelishite) Ninja 8.2 | HP: 43/43 | AC: 26 (19 Tch, 19 FF) | CMB: +9, CMD: 28 | F: +4, R: +14, W: +3 | Init: +6 | Perc: +11, SM: +3 | Speed 30ft, Climb 20ft | Ki Pool: 5/6 | Active conditions: fatigued, haste, spirit sense, invis, fly

Cyrus, having eagerly given up his rations to the starving refugees and the monk, smiles at his blessing as they depart.

"why don't we head down and get the jump on the minions before taking out their leader. It might not matter what order, but either way I want to make sure the deed is done before we remove this fortress and let the ceiling collapse on this foul place."

"oh, I also have an extra one of these..." he says, pulling out his 2 copies of endure elements.

do we have enough to go around? Or do we need to bother if we can cool off with the create water spell?

Cyrus gets a little mischievous grin as he puts the belt on, then flexes his muscles, and fires a couple of push ups, feeling the increase in strength.

"this will be fun!" he says, taking a few experimental swings with his blade.

Grand Lodge

Male Half-Orc Level 9, #-2

All else fails, if it takes too long, we can cast the endure elements and then heal the nonlethal damage to clear the fatigued condition.

"So, let's head off to fight the goons first!" says Lort, happy with the prospect of battle.

Just as they are about to set off to depart, Lort casts bull's strength and shield of faith. (GM, they are 5 minute duration, let me know if you want me to track or you to track)

No clues about the creature for Ibid to use?


Dice Rolls | Tactical

Ok with all the confusion about the heat effects Official Ruling - Lort's create water works for the current heat condition. Bertrag said that the cult leader's section was hotter so until we get there - all is good

With the multitude of posts, it was easy to miss that and I hate for you to use unnecessary resources.

It has been 5 minutes since you entered the mine, 1 minute to repair the lift, combat, talking ect. Lort, you track - 5 minutes from now. Faustus, you also have 6 minutes remaining on shield of faith.

Bertrag is not Ibid, so that is all the info he can give Faustus and Ibid.

Everyone gets 2 rounds of action before the following happens

The Pathfinder make their goodbyes with Bertrag and the prisoners, wishing him safe travels. Hopefully they emerge victorious and can meet up with him on the road.

They make their way down the path into the knights' camp, the spot the knights prepared for battle in the hallway to the east.

Initiative Rolls:

Amaranti Initiative: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (18) + 2 = 20
Cyrus Initiative: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (20) + 4 = 24
Faustus Initiative: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (18) + 5 = 23
Ibid Initiative: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (20) + 4 = 24
Lort Initiative: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (18) + 1 = 19
Miro Initiative: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (2) + 7 = 9
Knights Initiative: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (17) + 1 = 18

2 20s, 3 18s, 17 - glad this isn't combat.

Next Up: Cyrus, Ibid, Faustus, Amaranti, Lort

Combat Table:

Combat Table - Round 1
Active Conditions: Lort: Bulls Strength, Shield of Faith, whetstone; Faustus: Shield of Faith, See invisible, Perceive Clues
  • Cuyrs <=
  • Ibid <=
  • Faustus <=
  • Amaranti <=
  • Lort <=
  • Knioghts <=
  • Miro <=

Current Conditions:

Silver Crusade

Male LN Human (Chelaxian) Inquisitor (Asmodeus) 9 | HP: 72/72 | AC: 26 (15 tch, 24 Fl) | CMB: +13, CMD: 25 | F: +11, R: +8, W: +14 (+2 trait bonus vs mind-affecting from demons) | Init: +6 | Perc: +24, SM: +26 | Speed 20ft | Judgements: 2/3, Greater Bane: 13/14; Discern Lies 9/9, Shirt Reroll 1/1, Coin 1/1 | Spells: 1st 6/7, 2nd 4/5, 3rd 3/4 | Lesser Extend: 3/6 Active conditions: Hight. Aware., Perveive Cues, Heroism, haste, sof,

"Remember, our mission is to kill the followers of the Rough Beast, not talk to them. No quarter shall be given, none expected. Let us send these followers of Corruption to the Boneyard swiftly. Grate is Asmodeus!"

He checks the heft on The Final Arbitration and tries to determine how much time he has left on his spell (if he thinks it has been over four minutes, he will recast it.).

will hold off with anything else, the GM appears to be setting up th battle

Scarab Sages

Male CG Human (Kelishite) Ninja 8.2 | HP: 43/43 | AC: 26 (19 Tch, 19 FF) | CMB: +9, CMD: 28 | F: +4, R: +14, W: +3 | Init: +6 | Perc: +11, SM: +3 | Speed 30ft, Climb 20ft | Ki Pool: 5/6 | Active conditions: fatigued, haste, spirit sense, invis, fly
Lort wrote:
No clues about the creature for Ibid to use?

it spins webs and has lots of mouths...and arms...

-Posted with Wayfinder


Dice Rolls | Tactical

I <3 you all!

Silver Crusade

Male LN Human (Chelaxian) Inquisitor (Asmodeus) 9 | HP: 72/72 | AC: 26 (15 tch, 24 Fl) | CMB: +13, CMD: 25 | F: +11, R: +8, W: +14 (+2 trait bonus vs mind-affecting from demons) | Init: +6 | Perc: +24, SM: +26 | Speed 20ft | Judgements: 2/3, Greater Bane: 13/14; Discern Lies 9/9, Shirt Reroll 1/1, Coin 1/1 | Spells: 1st 6/7, 2nd 4/5, 3rd 3/4 | Lesser Extend: 3/6 Active conditions: Hight. Aware., Perveive Cues, Heroism, haste, sof,

Faustus doesn't hesitate, declaring a judgement of protection down from the Dark Prince. He then charges Patrick, declaring, "Your corruption shall bespoil Golarion no more! The Prince of Contracts bound you foul patron long ago, and I shall not suffer you to live, foul knights!"

ac is the same, for now.
charge, power attack: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (4) + 9 = 13
gotta reroll that after the speech
charge, power attack: 1d20 + 9 + 4 ⇒ (18) + 9 + 4 = 31
Adamantine bludgeoning damage: 1d8 + 9 ⇒ (5) + 9 = 14

lockwood needed, please

Grand Lodge

Male Half-Orc Level 9, #-2
Cyrus the Flea wrote:
Lort wrote:
No clues about the creature for Ibid to use?

it spins webs and has lots of mouths...and arms...

-Posted with Wayfinder

Oh, I was more waiting for the appropriate knowledge roll as Ibid requested, all good. It's not the current battle!

Scarab Sages

Male CG Human (Kelishite) Ninja 8.2 | HP: 43/43 | AC: 26 (19 Tch, 19 FF) | CMB: +9, CMD: 28 | F: +4, R: +14, W: +3 | Init: +6 | Perc: +11, SM: +3 | Speed 30ft, Climb 20ft | Ki Pool: 5/6 | Active conditions: fatigued, haste, spirit sense, invis, fly

Cyrus, realizing they are close to battle, gets out his wand of shield and tries to cast it before they get to close.

UMD: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (12) + 10 = 22

With a shimmering shield in front of him, he pulls out his exquisitely crafted crossbow and loads a bolt, hoping to get a shot off before running into melee.

As soon as they round the corner and see the knights, he grins again and springs into action. Stepping forward enough to leave Lort and Faustus room to rush into melee, he raises the crossbow, putting Patrick in the crosshairs.

Ranged Attack vs FF: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (7) + 8 = 15 for Damage, sneak attack (shot is within 30'): 1d8 + 3d6 ⇒ (8) + (6, 3, 4) = 21

sooo... We never mentioned anything when the rings were given to us, but can I claim the ring of climbing now? I have a pro ring +1 already... The ring of jumping would probably actually be better in someone else's hands since my acrobatics check is almost auto succeed. :)


Dice Rolls | Tactical

Lort - Ibid needs to see it.

Cyrus - yes

Grand Lodge

Male Half-Orc Level 9, #-2

EDIT: I'm an idiot. Rolled a d20 for damage. Corrected.

Holy Cyrusing, Batman! I'm fine with Cyrus having the ring of climbing.

Lort's tagline is updated by the way. Lockwooded Faustus. Assuming Patrick yet lives...

"Aha! A fight at last!" Lort grins as he advances, drawing his greatsword, "Let me show you how destruction is done properly - I'm going to start with you!" With a laugh and a quick step to Faustus's side, Lort brings his weapon down upon Patrick with gusto.

Greatsword attack vs Patrick flat-footed AC, power attack, bull's strength: 1d20 + 11 - 2 + 1 ⇒ (9) + 11 - 2 + 1 = 19
Greatsword damage vs Patrick, power attack, bull's strength: 2d6 + 8 + 6 + 2 ⇒ (3, 6) + 8 + 6 + 2 = 25


Dice Rolls | Tactical

Faustus advances proclaiming for all to hear about his evil deity long grudges, but then hits Patrick hard with his mace. The young ninja sizes him up and fires his crossbow. The bolt, however, bounces harmlessly off his armor. Lort the half-orc then steps up and delivers a wicked two-handed chop that cuts deep into his shoulder causes him to drop his waraxe.

Lort did you add in your whetstone?

Next Up: Ibid, Amaranti

Combat Table:

Combat Table - Round 1
Active Conditions:
  • Cuyrs x bolt bouncing
  • Ibid <=
  • Faustus x talk talk, mace
  • Amaranti <=
  • Lort x chopping down the evil knight tree
  • Knioghts <=
  • Miro <=

Current Conditions: Lort: Bulls Strength, Shield of Faith, whetstone; Faustus: Shield of Faith, See invisible, Perceive Clues

Grand Lodge

Male Half-Orc Level 9, #-2
GM_TheBobJones wrote:
Lort did you add in your whetstone?

Thanks for looking out for me, but it doesn't stack with magical bonuses. Lort was doing it purely to annoy Faustus.

Sovereign Court

Male CG Halfling Bard 6 | HP 33/33 | AC 24 (15 Tch, 21 FF) | CMB +1, CMD 14 | F +7, R +10, W +8 | Init +7 | Perc +11, SM +12 | Speed 20 ft | [ooc| Inspire 16/18[/ooc] | Spells: 1st 5/5, 2nd 4/4 | Active Conditions: Short Sword shrunk

Considering we were off to fight and it likely won't take 50 game minutes to sweep the area, Miro will cast Heroism twice.

Heroism on...

Cyrus - 1
Ibid - 2
Amaranti - 3

Die rolled is the odd man out...

Who doesn't get it?: 1d3 ⇒ 1

Ibid and Amaranti are all Hero'd up!

Scarab Sages

Male Human (Garundi), Summoner 10, HP: 93/93 | AC: 19[21] FF: 17[19] Touch: 13 | Saves: Fort: +11[+13] Ref: +9[+11] Will: +11[+13] | Perception: +2 SM +0| Init: +2 | CMB: +16 | CMD: 27 | Speed: 30 | Spells 1st: 6/6 2nd: 4/5 3rd: 2/4 4th: 1/1| Wand of MA 39/50(1) | Wand of IH 38 / 50 | Active conditions: heroism 200 min, greater invisibility 10 rounds

Prep rounds - 1: Cast Reduce Person on Amaranti, 2: Mount Kaisharga & Cast Longarm on Amaranti

"Yes. Ready now! Kill evil knights!" And so Amaranti proceeds to execute his brilliant battle plan. The path is open, and the Garundi commands his mount to charge the enemy. He laughs maniacally as the breeze cools off the worst of the heat, and the lancepoint travels towards the enemy.

Patrik is still up, right? If so, he's the target, otherwise targeting Connor. Amaranti has 15' reach, both have cover against him.

Lance, charge, PA vs. Flat-footed AC: 1d20 + 9 + 2 - 1 ⇒ (13) + 9 + 2 - 1 = 23
Damage, PA, AS, charge: 1d6 + 7 + 3 + 2 + 1d6 + 7 + 3 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 7 + 3 + 2 + (6) + 7 + 3 + 2 = 33

EDIT: Removed heroism bonus, Miro's turn is after the knight's...

Scarab Sages

HP: 76/76 | AC:27 FF: 23 Touch: 13 | Saves: Fort: +7 Ref: +10 Will: +6 (+4 vs enchant) | Init: +4 | CMB: +18 | CMD: 32 | Speed: 20/40 | Perception: +12, Sense Motive +8 | Darkvision 60' |SQ: Evasion On-going effects: Mage armor, shield, barkskin

Prep rounds: just move the charge line
Fulfilling the role it was bound to from the beginning, Kaisharga carries its master with pride, and with great sense of purpose. The distance is short, so the eidolon keeps its wings folded and slithers along the hot ground, still gaining enought speed to create enough momentum for a devastating charge.

Grand Lodge

Male Half-Orc Level 9, #-2

@Amaranti: Miro cast heroism in the prep round, so I think you're fine to include the bonuses.

Scarab Sages

Male Human (Garundi), Summoner 10, HP: 93/93 | AC: 19[21] FF: 17[19] Touch: 13 | Saves: Fort: +11[+13] Ref: +9[+11] Will: +11[+13] | Perception: +2 SM +0| Init: +2 | CMB: +16 | CMD: 27 | Speed: 30 | Spells 1st: 6/6 2nd: 4/5 3rd: 2/4 4th: 1/1| Wand of MA 39/50(1) | Wand of IH 38 / 50 | Active conditions: heroism 200 min, greater invisibility 10 rounds

*Facepalm* Ok, so Amaranti's attack roll was 25

Grand Lodge

Male NG Human Investigator 3/Ranger (guide) 2/Fighter (archer) 2 - PFS# 141231-2 | HP: 30/55 | AC: 20 (15 Tch, 15 Fl) | CMB: +9, CMD: 26 | F: +7 [+9 for hot/cold conditions], R: +12, W: +4 | Init: +6 | Perc: +9 [+10 find traps], SM: -1 | Speed 30ft | Inspiration: 3/3, Ranger’s Focus: 1/1, Inspired: 1/1, Boots of Speed: 10/10, Folio Re-roll: 1/1 | Spells: endure elements, shield | Active conditions:

Taking a few hurried steps forward, the old man can feel the unmistakable tingle of latent power coursing through his veins as Miro's spell falls upon him. At the end of his run, Ibid slides to a stop and raises his bow, looking down the length of the arrow, taking aim at the nearest visible target.

Move Action: Ibid moves 30 feet closer
Standard Action (if Ibid can shoot at one of the targets): attack w/ longbow

attack, longbow(point blank shot, heroism, deadly aim): 1d20 + 8 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 8 + 2 = 18
damage, longbow(PBS, DA): 1d8 + 6 ⇒ (7) + 6 = 13

251 to 300 of 402 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / GMTheBobJones #6–19: Test of Tar Kuata All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.