GMTheBobJones #6–19: Test of Tar Kuata (Inactive)

Game Master TheBobJones

Where on Golarion | Tatical | CLW


151 to 200 of 402 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | next > last >>
Scarab Sages

Male CG Human (Kelishite) Ninja 8.2 | HP: 43/43 | AC: 26 (19 Tch, 19 FF) | CMB: +9, CMD: 28 | F: +4, R: +14, W: +3 | Init: +6 | Perc: +11, SM: +3 | Speed 30ft, Climb 20ft | Ki Pool: 5/6 | Active conditions: fatigued, haste, spirit sense, invis, fly

In light of the take 10 discussion, Cyrus will do the same... Taking ten gives him a total of 16. Let me know if I fail to make progress or fall. Will roll if necessary!

Cyrus does his best to follow suit as Lort grabs the rocks and begins to climb. Having passed the test under the waterfall, it feels as though a weight has been lifted off of the young ninja's shoulders. He remains focused, but it isn't long before he reaches for the same handhold as Lort. His serious look slowly turns into a grin as he looks up and continues to scale. He doesn't rush any faster than necessary though, quelling the sudden, nearly overpowering urge to race the giant half orc up the rock face.

He knows that Lort is fighting back the same desire.

-Posted with Wayfinder

Silver Crusade

Male LN Human (Chelaxian) Inquisitor (Asmodeus) 9 | HP: 72/72 | AC: 26 (15 tch, 24 Fl) | CMB: +13, CMD: 25 | F: +11, R: +8, W: +14 (+2 trait bonus vs mind-affecting from demons) | Init: +6 | Perc: +24, SM: +26 | Speed 20ft | Judgements: 2/3, Greater Bane: 13/14; Discern Lies 9/9, Shirt Reroll 1/1, Coin 1/1 | Spells: 1st 6/7, 2nd 4/5, 3rd 3/4 | Lesser Extend: 3/6 Active conditions: Hight. Aware., Perveive Cues, Heroism, haste, sof,

Faustus will also leave his heavy armor off.

"I assume we are to be doing a free climb? No ropes, no other aides? Very well."

climb (take 10): 10 + 8 = 18

He takes his time, picking out handholds and footholds carefully. He nods as he sees both Cyrus and Lort doing the same thing. Some may be surprised by his skill at this task, but given that corruption can hide in any crevice, on any peak, it should not be surprising. He (hopefully) makes steady progress, until he reaches the top.

Sovereign Court

Male CG Halfling Bard 6 | HP 33/33 | AC 24 (15 Tch, 21 FF) | CMB +1, CMD 14 | F +7, R +10, W +8 | Init +7 | Perc +11, SM +12 | Speed 20 ft | [ooc| Inspire 16/18[/ooc] | Spells: 1st 5/5, 2nd 4/4 | Active Conditions: Short Sword shrunk

Leaving his armor off, the halfing nods excitably to the monk, glad to once again be doing something he is reasonably good at. "My race is known for its dexterous climbing skills, since we have twice as far to go and twice as high to climb as you tall races!" He starts to ascend the cliff face after his companions, trying his best to catch up.

Climb: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (17) + 6 = 23
Climb: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (18) + 6 = 24
Climb: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (13) + 6 = 19

Scarab Sages

Male CG Human (Kelishite) Ninja 8.2 | HP: 43/43 | AC: 26 (19 Tch, 19 FF) | CMB: +9, CMD: 28 | F: +4, R: +14, W: +3 | Init: +6 | Perc: +11, SM: +3 | Speed 30ft, Climb 20ft | Ki Pool: 5/6 | Active conditions: fatigued, haste, spirit sense, invis, fly

And the retcon waffle post...

climb check 1: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (15) + 6 = 21

climb check 2: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (19) + 6 = 25

climb check 3: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (17) + 6 = 23

closes eyes and hits preview...

whew...

-Posted with Wayfinder


Dice Rolls | Tactical

Heading to bed, sorry for confusion all around

All three Pathfinder make steady progress, Miro and Cyrus make it to the top.

Dark Archive

Academy of Secrets | Shades of Ice

After the explosive excitement, you are able to make your way to Harvest's End.

The village of Harvest’s End is a quiet place. Traveling merchants in colorful garb are easily distinguished from the locals, who dress in woolen clothes of drab browns, greens, and grays. There are no sounds of laughter or play here. Fishermen put their catch out for display, while others congregate in small groups and whispered conversations. Smoke rises from the chimneys of uniform but well constructed buildings, most of which are surrounded by small white picket fences.

Scarab Sages

Male Human (Garundi), Summoner 10, HP: 93/93 | AC: 19[21] FF: 17[19] Touch: 13 | Saves: Fort: +11[+13] Ref: +9[+11] Will: +11[+13] | Perception: +2 SM +0| Init: +2 | CMB: +16 | CMD: 27 | Speed: 30 | Spells 1st: 6/6 2nd: 4/5 3rd: 2/4 4th: 1/1| Wand of MA 39/50(1) | Wand of IH 38 / 50 | Active conditions: heroism 200 min, greater invisibility 10 rounds

"This, I better at!" Amaranti declares. He pulls off his chain shirt, lays his big hands on the stone and starts climbing. The big man is not a dextrous climber, but raw strength makes for the lack of skill, his muscles bulging each time he draws himself upwards.

Climb, take ten: 10 + 5 = 15 x3

Scarab Sages

HP: 76/76 | AC:27 FF: 23 Touch: 13 | Saves: Fort: +7 Ref: +10 Will: +6 (+4 vs enchant) | Init: +4 | CMB: +18 | CMD: 32 | Speed: 20/40 | Perception: +12, Sense Motive +8 | Darkvision 60' |SQ: Evasion On-going effects: Mage armor, shield, barkskin

This time Kaisharga joins the game, even if it might not officially be part of the test. After all, climbing is its natural format of movement, so it wants to create a competitive atmosphere. At first it stays along the faster climbers, seeing if they could add their speed. But soon it gets bored and starts moving full speed towards the top.

Climb, take ten: 10 + 17 = 27


Dice Rolls | Tactical

The large Garundi, along with his serpentine companion, climb up to the top.

Faustus continues his upward journey, Taking 10 x2, and Lort joins the others Taking 10x3, but lags a bit behind has he and Faustus lug their heavy armor up.


Dice Rolls | Tactical

Looking at Ibid's Climb, no reason for him NOT to take 10, and successfully climb up - Horray! You all made it!

When the Pathfinders reach the top of the pillar, they find Itephta hovering above the spire, accompanied by a slender Garundi woman carrying a long spear, her dark hair woven into a braid. Aeotsep joins them a few moments later, carrying a large bag on his back.

“This is your last test, Pathfinders—one I personally requested and insisted on observing,” Itephta says without taking his eyes off the wooden case in his hands. The young monk opens the lid, gracefully plucks a wand from inside, and hands the empty box to Aeotsep. Itephta points the wand at the spire, and in a matter of seconds, the narrow summit expands into a broad platform, like an unfolding mushroom.

“Irori teaches that inner peace and knowledge are key, but one must be able to defend his values in trial by arms,” he explains as the Garundi woman alights on the platform. “I ask that you spar with the monastery’s champion, Aramaya. Please make it an honorable fight, for the great Tar Kuata watches us today.”

Silver Crusade

Male LN Human (Chelaxian) Inquisitor (Asmodeus) 9 | HP: 72/72 | AC: 26 (15 tch, 24 Fl) | CMB: +13, CMD: 25 | F: +11, R: +8, W: +14 (+2 trait bonus vs mind-affecting from demons) | Init: +6 | Perc: +24, SM: +26 | Speed 20ft | Judgements: 2/3, Greater Bane: 13/14; Discern Lies 9/9, Shirt Reroll 1/1, Coin 1/1 | Spells: 1st 6/7, 2nd 4/5, 3rd 3/4 | Lesser Extend: 3/6 Active conditions: Hight. Aware., Perveive Cues, Heroism, haste, sof,
GM Silbeg wrote:
stuff

OOPS... did I get confused again? Sorry.

Silver Crusade

Male LN Human (Chelaxian) Inquisitor (Asmodeus) 9 | HP: 72/72 | AC: 26 (15 tch, 24 Fl) | CMB: +13, CMD: 25 | F: +11, R: +8, W: +14 (+2 trait bonus vs mind-affecting from demons) | Init: +6 | Perc: +24, SM: +26 | Speed 20ft | Judgements: 2/3, Greater Bane: 13/14; Discern Lies 9/9, Shirt Reroll 1/1, Coin 1/1 | Spells: 1st 6/7, 2nd 4/5, 3rd 3/4 | Lesser Extend: 3/6 Active conditions: Hight. Aware., Perveive Cues, Heroism, haste, sof,

"Master, since the final trial is to be by combat, would it be appropriate Lort and I don our armor once more, as armored combat is the form that we are trained in. If not, I will abide by your decision, but perhaps you wouldn't be seeing us fighting at our best."

If given time and approval, he will ask the party for some help in donning his armor (as I assume Lort does as well).

He then picks out an appropriate weapon... a wooden mace. Doesn't feel quite right in his hands... he's far more used to The Final Arbitration, but figures that it will do. He ponders calling upon the power of the Dark Prince during the fight.

Scarab Sages

Male CG Human (Kelishite) Ninja 8.2 | HP: 43/43 | AC: 26 (19 Tch, 19 FF) | CMB: +9, CMD: 28 | F: +4, R: +14, W: +3 | Init: +6 | Perc: +11, SM: +3 | Speed 30ft, Climb 20ft | Ki Pool: 5/6 | Active conditions: fatigued, haste, spirit sense, invis, fly

"All of us, will fight just you?" Cyrus asks, slightly incredulous. Realizing quickly that his question sounded more insulting than complimentary, as he intended, he adds, "you must be a formidable warrior indeed... I, uh, hope I can measure up..."

what I wouldn't give to flank with her... Whew, glad that didn't come out loud...

Cyrus walks over and grabs one of the masterwork wakizashi blades, then moves back, assuming a simple, straight backed posture. He nods, indicating he is ready to begin.

let's see what these boots can really do...

-Posted with Wayfinder

Grand Lodge

Male Half-Orc Level 9, #-2

Lort looks up as Faustus speaks, having already got his leg in his armor, "Um, yeah, what he said. Cyrus, your nimble hands would be of use here, I seem to be up to greaves only after a full minute of struggling. Kurgess's bulging biceps but my muscles are sore after that balancing act - and then the climb! I love it!"

Once armored, Lort grabs a masterwork wooden greatsword, and gives it a few experimental swishes through the air, "Oh, yes, this will do nicely. Very well balanced for a nonlethal weapon, master. Well done on finding such an implement."

I had assumed, like the other tests, that this would be one at a time... but all at once works, too.

"Master, are we allowed to cast spells or make other preparations before combat begins?" asks Lort, already mentally going through his list of spells to figure out the most effective ones in such a battle.

If allowed, Lort will pass his belt off to whoever wants but doesn't currently have a strength buff and cast bull's strength on himself, followed by enlarge person, bear's endurance, weapon of awe and finally shield of faith. All in that order, cutting off the list if only a one or two buffs are allowed.


Dice Rolls | Tactical

**** EDIT ****

Why am I always busiest at work on Combat mornings. Ugh!
I will allow 1 buff
yes to armor, and taking weapons,
yes to casting spells in combat as long as they do not deal damage other than NL

Scarab Sages

Male CG Human (Kelishite) Ninja 8.2 | HP: 43/43 | AC: 26 (19 Tch, 19 FF) | CMB: +9, CMD: 28 | F: +4, R: +14, W: +3 | Init: +6 | Perc: +11, SM: +3 | Speed 30ft, Climb 20ft | Ki Pool: 5/6 | Active conditions: fatigued, haste, spirit sense, invis, fly

I'll take the strength belt! Though it would probably make more sense, and be more fun story-wise if faustus took it (ie, repaying the favor...) It would only help my damage as I use my Dex to hit...

Cyrus eagerly moves to help Lort and Faustus don their armor, grateful for an opportunity to do something. He had managed to control his fidgeting for the first minute, but his anticipation for the fight with this... capable... monk had him as excited as a kid in a candy store.

Grand Lodge

Male Half-Orc Level 9, #-2

Sorry, for only 1 buff, I changed my mind!

Lort mutters a prayer imploring Kurgess to lend him the might of the frost giants.

"Enlarge person," he chants.

Lort's muscles bulge as he grows bigger and bigger. He lifts his head up and laughs at the heavens.

"Thank you, mighty Kurgess! Yes, yes! This will be fun," he looks back down to the seemingly smaller Garundi master, "Do you think your stalkers will be able to catch me if I fall? Ha! Let us hope it does not come to that. Miro, how about a battle chant? It's not every day you get to follow a giant into battle!"

Grand Lodge

Male Half-Orc Level 9, #-2

Stats updated. Buffs / penalties from enlarge included in square brackets - use those for Lort's current statistics. I've also included an enlarged stat block on my profile (for updated weapon damage, etc) with the wooden stick. I love Hero Lab.

Ready to rock this... rock.

Scarab Sages

Male CG Human (Kelishite) Ninja 8.2 | HP: 43/43 | AC: 26 (19 Tch, 19 FF) | CMB: +9, CMD: 28 | F: +4, R: +14, W: +3 | Init: +6 | Perc: +11, SM: +3 | Speed 30ft, Climb 20ft | Ki Pool: 5/6 | Active conditions: fatigued, haste, spirit sense, invis, fly

Cyrus steps back once the armor is donned. He pulls his wand of shield from his wrist sheath and casts the spell on himself. His stoic demeanor can no longer be contained, as the rush and excitement of the battle to come flows through his veins.

Since it is not technically in battle yet, I can take 10 on my UMD for a 20 to cast the spell from the wand.

Silver Crusade

Male LN Human (Chelaxian) Inquisitor (Asmodeus) 9 | HP: 72/72 | AC: 26 (15 tch, 24 Fl) | CMB: +13, CMD: 25 | F: +11, R: +8, W: +14 (+2 trait bonus vs mind-affecting from demons) | Init: +6 | Perc: +24, SM: +26 | Speed 20ft | Judgements: 2/3, Greater Bane: 13/14; Discern Lies 9/9, Shirt Reroll 1/1, Coin 1/1 | Spells: 1st 6/7, 2nd 4/5, 3rd 3/4 | Lesser Extend: 3/6 Active conditions: Hight. Aware., Perveive Cues, Heroism, haste, sof,

Holy crap, Lort -- hope we don't have any more encounters today!

Faustus gets his armor on, and tests the balance on his mace. When the team is about ready (and Lort is casting his spells), he will cast a couple of his own... shield of faith, see invisible, and then bless.

"Feel the Glory of the Lord of the Pit! Embrace His greatness, and thou shalt be victorious!"

Now, to update my tagline!

EDIT: done

Silver Crusade

Male LN Human (Chelaxian) Inquisitor (Asmodeus) 9 | HP: 72/72 | AC: 26 (15 tch, 24 Fl) | CMB: +13, CMD: 25 | F: +11, R: +8, W: +14 (+2 trait bonus vs mind-affecting from demons) | Init: +6 | Perc: +24, SM: +26 | Speed 20ft | Judgements: 2/3, Greater Bane: 13/14; Discern Lies 9/9, Shirt Reroll 1/1, Coin 1/1 | Spells: 1st 6/7, 2nd 4/5, 3rd 3/4 | Lesser Extend: 3/6 Active conditions: Hight. Aware., Perveive Cues, Heroism, haste, sof,
Cyrus the Flea wrote:

Cyrus steps back once the armor is donned. He pulls his wand of shield from his wrist sheath and casts the spell on himself. His stoic demeanor can no longer be contained, as the rush and excitement of the battle to come flows through his veins.

Since it is not technically in battle yet, I can take 10 on my UMD for a 20 to cast the spell from the wand.

You can never take 10 or 20 on Use Magic Device -- called out in the skill itself

UMD wrote:

Special: You cannot take 10 with this skill. You can't aid another on Use Magic Device checks. Only the user of the item may attempt such a check.


Dice Rolls | Tactical

@ Faustus You only get 1 Buff

Scarab Sages

Male CG Human (Kelishite) Ninja 8.2 | HP: 43/43 | AC: 26 (19 Tch, 19 FF) | CMB: +9, CMD: 28 | F: +4, R: +14, W: +3 | Init: +6 | Perc: +11, SM: +3 | Speed 30ft, Climb 20ft | Ki Pool: 5/6 | Active conditions: fatigued, haste, spirit sense, invis, fly
Faustus Sulpicius Voralius wrote:
Cyrus the Flea wrote:

Cyrus steps back once the armor is donned. He pulls his wand of shield from his wrist sheath and casts the spell on himself. His stoic demeanor can no longer be contained, as the rush and excitement of the battle to come flows through his veins.

Since it is not technically in battle yet, I can take 10 on my UMD for a 20 to cast the spell from the wand.

You can never take 10 or 20 on Use Magic Device -- called out in the skill itself

UMD wrote:

Special: You cannot take 10 with this skill. You can't aid another on Use Magic Device checks. Only the user of the item may attempt such a check.

Gah... I need to read the rules more... I knew that.

UMD: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (14) + 10 = 24

Sovereign Court

Male CG Halfling Bard 6 | HP 33/33 | AC 24 (15 Tch, 21 FF) | CMB +1, CMD 14 | F +7, R +10, W +8 | Init +7 | Perc +11, SM +12 | Speed 20 ft | [ooc| Inspire 16/18[/ooc] | Spells: 1st 5/5, 2nd 4/4 | Active Conditions: Short Sword shrunk

Miro shrugs into his chain shirt after reaching the top and hearing the pronouncement that they would all be sparring against...one person. The Halfling looks about dubiously, then shrugs. It wasn't the strangest thing they'd ever done, though multiple men beating up a single person was not the sort of honor he craved.

He digs around until he finds a wooden version of the short sword he used, giving it a few experimental slices through the air. Then starts to sing a song about overcoming trials and tribulations, getting almost there while trying to make it to the top!

Activating Inspire Courage in my buff round. +2 to attacks, damage, and saves vs fear

Silver Crusade

Male LN Human (Chelaxian) Inquisitor (Asmodeus) 9 | HP: 72/72 | AC: 26 (15 tch, 24 Fl) | CMB: +13, CMD: 25 | F: +11, R: +8, W: +14 (+2 trait bonus vs mind-affecting from demons) | Init: +6 | Perc: +24, SM: +26 | Speed 20ft | Judgements: 2/3, Greater Bane: 13/14; Discern Lies 9/9, Shirt Reroll 1/1, Coin 1/1 | Spells: 1st 6/7, 2nd 4/5, 3rd 3/4 | Lesser Extend: 3/6 Active conditions: Hight. Aware., Perveive Cues, Heroism, haste, sof,

Ok, missed that. Sorry. Will go with only the Shield of Faith


Dice Rolls | Tactical

Awesome sauce, waiting on our elderly ranger and our jet setting European. Any thoughts about the lesser merciful metamagic rod?

Silver Crusade

Male LN Human (Chelaxian) Inquisitor (Asmodeus) 9 | HP: 72/72 | AC: 26 (15 tch, 24 Fl) | CMB: +13, CMD: 25 | F: +11, R: +8, W: +14 (+2 trait bonus vs mind-affecting from demons) | Init: +6 | Perc: +24, SM: +26 | Speed 20ft | Judgements: 2/3, Greater Bane: 13/14; Discern Lies 9/9, Shirt Reroll 1/1, Coin 1/1 | Spells: 1st 6/7, 2nd 4/5, 3rd 3/4 | Lesser Extend: 3/6 Active conditions: Hight. Aware., Perveive Cues, Heroism, haste, sof,

we don't really have people that cast damaging spells, so it probably won't be of too much use.

Grand Lodge

Male NG Human Investigator 3/Ranger (guide) 2/Fighter (archer) 2 - PFS# 141231-2 | HP: 30/55 | AC: 20 (15 Tch, 15 Fl) | CMB: +9, CMD: 26 | F: +7 [+9 for hot/cold conditions], R: +12, W: +4 | Init: +6 | Perc: +9 [+10 find traps], SM: -1 | Speed 30ft | Inspiration: 3/3, Ranger’s Focus: 1/1, Inspired: 1/1, Boots of Speed: 10/10, Folio Re-roll: 1/1 | Spells: endure elements, shield | Active conditions:

The old man eyes the opponent, looking as the others prepare themselves. After a moment spent rummaging through his bag, Ibid pulls a large leather-bound book, wholly different from his journal, and examines it before stuffing the tome back into his pack. He mutters a few strange words under his breath whilst moving his arms in a eerily geometric patter, as a faint light begins to glow about him. When the spell is finished there appears to an almost invisible shield floating before the old man, guarding his fragile, aged body.

"I believe I am ready to undertake the next trial," he says, craning his neck to look at his longbow then shifting his gaze to instead fall upon the longsword sheathed at his side.

I hope I'm ready, he thinks. ... But I fear I am not.

Cast Shield

Scarab Sages

Male Human (Garundi), Summoner 10, HP: 93/93 | AC: 19[21] FF: 17[19] Touch: 13 | Saves: Fort: +11[+13] Ref: +9[+11] Will: +11[+13] | Perception: +2 SM +0| Init: +2 | CMB: +16 | CMD: 27 | Speed: 30 | Spells 1st: 6/6 2nd: 4/5 3rd: 2/4 4th: 1/1| Wand of MA 39/50(1) | Wand of IH 38 / 50 | Active conditions: heroism 200 min, greater invisibility 10 rounds

"Trial? Good." Amaranti wipes he sweat off his brow. The Garundi looks around him - one opponent against all of them. He must be good, then. In any case, it will be crowded, since Lort already used his magic to take the enlarged format. But this is a fight Amaranti wants to battle mounted, and so chooses a wooden lance. He weaves his transformation magic, but his time it is not his mount that grows bigger. Instead, the summoner himself starts to shrink in size, changing into Miro's height. Result is slightly comical in appearance, but the Garundi cares not, just mounts his eidolon.

Reduce Person


Dice Rolls | Tactical

Ok so Ibid is using normal weapons at -4, and no metamagic rod. Let's do this!

As the Pathfinder don their armor that they had stored during the arduous climb, the monks look on in silence. Aramaya sits cross-legged on the floor of the spire, eyes closed in meditation. A careful observation of her by her opponents, even though she is the monastery champion, reveals that she has a pale, sickly appearance.

The Pathfinders arm themselves, and take a few practice swipes with their new wooden weapons trying to figure out the balance and weight distribution. Their initial swings produce smiles as they realize that these wooden weapons are expertly crafted, almost a fine as their usual weapons.

Itephta and Aeotsep begin a whispered conversation, and once done the Pathfinder can see a huge smile on Aeotsep’s face. Itephta raises his hand and shouts, Prepare yourselves for battle.

Miro, as always, begins with his song of courage, inspiring the Pathfinders to greatness; Lort whispers a quick prayer and slowly begins to expand like a cow’s bladder; Faustus calls on the blessings of his evil god and is immediately enveloped in a shimmering wave of protective magic; while the ninja who has a way with words waves his magic wand, and a similar wave of protective magic covers him; Ibid follows suit and casts his defensive spell hoping it will save him from the trial to come; lastly, Amaranti shrinks down and hops on the back of his serpentine mount, prepared to charge into battle.

As the Pathfinder make their preparations, for the first time the Pathfinder see Aramaya stand to her full height. From beneath her, she retrieves a beautifully carved longspear. As she strides around the platform, they see that the longspear is more an extension of her than a weapon she is wielding. As she moves lithely like a tiger stalking its prey, for the first time, they begin to feel the nervous tension of prebattle. Although they have put their lives on the line numerous times before, this fight, a nonlethal flight, seems to give them pause.

Again the Garundi man shouts, May Irori be blessed by your battle. BEGIN.

Initiative Rolls:

Amaranti Initiative: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (11) + 2 = 13
Cyrus Initiative: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (8) + 4 = 12
Faustus Initiative: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (18) + 5 = 23
Ibid Initiative: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (16) + 4 = 20
Lort Initiative: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 1 = 8
Miro Initiative: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (5) + 7 = 12
Aramaya Initiative: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (5) + 3 = 8

Next Up: Faustus, Ibid, Amaranti, Cyrus, Miro

Combat Table:

Combat Table - Round 1
Active Conditions: +2 to attacks, damage, and saves vs fear
  • Faustus <=
  • Ibid <=
  • Amaranti <=
  • Cyrus <=
  • Miro <=
  • Aramaya <=
  • Lort <=

Current Conditions:

Grand Lodge

Male NG Human Investigator 3/Ranger (guide) 2/Fighter (archer) 2 - PFS# 141231-2 | HP: 30/55 | AC: 20 (15 Tch, 15 Fl) | CMB: +9, CMD: 26 | F: +7 [+9 for hot/cold conditions], R: +12, W: +4 | Init: +6 | Perc: +9 [+10 find traps], SM: -1 | Speed 30ft | Inspiration: 3/3, Ranger’s Focus: 1/1, Inspired: 1/1, Boots of Speed: 10/10, Folio Re-roll: 1/1 | Spells: endure elements, shield | Active conditions:

Ibid does have a sap, that he bought back during slave ships of absalom. Could he use this and not take the additional -4?

Scarab Sages

Male Human (Garundi), Summoner 10, HP: 93/93 | AC: 19[21] FF: 17[19] Touch: 13 | Saves: Fort: +11[+13] Ref: +9[+11] Will: +11[+13] | Perception: +2 SM +0| Init: +2 | CMB: +16 | CMD: 27 | Speed: 30 | Spells 1st: 6/6 2nd: 4/5 3rd: 2/4 4th: 1/1| Wand of MA 39/50(1) | Wand of IH 38 / 50 | Active conditions: heroism 200 min, greater invisibility 10 rounds

Amaranti salutes his opponent by lifting his lance high in the air. There is something unsettling about the monastery champion, but the miniaturized Garundi refuses to let fear take hold of him. Until now, it has been a rare opportunity to begin the fight riding Kaisharga, Lance ready to strike. This alone makes his resolve strong. He takes a deep breath of fresh mountain air, and lowers his lance. 

"Ride!" he sends the command, and the flying serpent shoots forward.

MW lance, charge, PA, IC: 1d20 + 9 + 2 - 2 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 9 + 2 - 2 + 1 = 17 
damage, PA, AS, IC : 2d6 + 22 + 2 ⇒ (5, 4) + 22 + 2 = 33 

Lockwood, please
edit: forgot IC

Sovereign Court

Male CG Halfling Bard 6 | HP 33/33 | AC 24 (15 Tch, 21 FF) | CMB +1, CMD 14 | F +7, R +10, W +8 | Init +7 | Perc +11, SM +12 | Speed 20 ft | [ooc| Inspire 16/18[/ooc] | Spells: 1st 5/5, 2nd 4/4 | Active Conditions: Short Sword shrunk

As he continues to sing, he looks at the lone woman warily, wondering what the game was. He takes the time to cast a quick spell, reaching out to tough Cyrus. "May your performance in our battle truly be one that I can write a song about!"

Maintain IC, Cast Heroism on Cyrus


Dice Rolls | Tactical

Yes, a with a sap you are considered armed and you deal nonlethal

Scarab Sages

HP: 76/76 | AC:27 FF: 23 Touch: 13 | Saves: Fort: +7 Ref: +10 Will: +6 (+4 vs enchant) | Init: +4 | CMB: +18 | CMD: 32 | Speed: 20/40 | Perception: +12, Sense Motive +8 | Darkvision 60' |SQ: Evasion On-going effects: Mage armor, shield, barkskin

The flying serpent lashes simultaneously with its master, using its speed to gain leverage.

Bite, charge, IC: 1d20 + 7 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 7 + 2 + 1 = 14
Damage : 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (5) + 3 = 8
Trip,IC : 1d20 + 7 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 7 + 2 + 1 = 13

ugh, the rolls are only matched by the quality of network down here...


Dice Rolls | Tactical

And it begins

The halflings continues to inspire his comrades, as the Garundi bears down on the monk.

As he approaches the monk, her longspear flashes out to an unbelievable distance.

Longspear AoO: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (2) + 13 = 15
Damage: 1d8 + 1d6 + 5 ⇒ (6) + (2) + 5 = 13

Luckily the spear misses the Garundi.

As he approaces the lance looks poised to strike, but at the last minute Aramaya shifts ever so slightly and the lance barely misses her. The Eidolon's bite also missed the mark.

Next Up: Faustus, Ibid, Cyrus

Combat Table:

Combat Table - Round 1
Active Conditions: +2 to attacks, damage, and saves vs fear
  • Faustus <=
  • Ibid <=
  • Amaranti x
  • Cyrus <=
  • Miro x
  • Aramaya <=
  • Lort <=

Current Conditions:

Silver Crusade

Male LN Human (Chelaxian) Inquisitor (Asmodeus) 9 | HP: 72/72 | AC: 26 (15 tch, 24 Fl) | CMB: +13, CMD: 25 | F: +11, R: +8, W: +14 (+2 trait bonus vs mind-affecting from demons) | Init: +6 | Perc: +24, SM: +26 | Speed 20ft | Judgements: 2/3, Greater Bane: 13/14; Discern Lies 9/9, Shirt Reroll 1/1, Coin 1/1 | Spells: 1st 6/7, 2nd 4/5, 3rd 3/4 | Lesser Extend: 3/6 Active conditions: Hight. Aware., Perveive Cues, Heroism, haste, sof,

kn:local to confirm racial type: 1d20 + 9 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 9 + 4 = 16

Now that battle has begun, Faustus slips into focus. He decides that this fight should be over quickly, and calls upon the power of his patrol to infuse his weapon with hatred. (swift action - bane - human, or whichever he determines her to be)

He moves forward, wooden mace no glowing in a disturbing blood-red hew, as he swings mightily at the woman.
Power Attack w/ Bane mace: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (13) + 11 = 24 damage (NL): 1d8 + 12 + 2d6 ⇒ (2) + 12 + (6, 6) = 26


Dice Rolls | Tactical

As the inquisitor approaches, once again Aramaya flashes out with her spear.

Longspear AoO: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (16) + 13 = 29
Damage: 1d8 + 1d6 + 5 ⇒ (7) + (2) + 5 = 14

Her spear connects with his visor, knocking his head back.

Undeterred, the Chelaxian swings hard with his mace, connecting with her side. The Pathfinders and all assembled can hear a loud 'CRACK'. Aramaya winces momentarily, then focuses on the heavily armored Inquisitor.

She is humanoid (human)

Next Up: Ibid, Cyrus

Combat Table:

Combat Table - Round 1
Active Conditions: +2 to attacks, damage, and saves vs fear
  • Faustus x
  • Ibid <=
  • Amaranti x
  • Cyrus <=
  • Miro x
  • Aramaya <=
  • Lort <=

Current Conditions: Faustus -14 NL

Scarab Sages

Male CG Human (Kelishite) Ninja 8.2 | HP: 43/43 | AC: 26 (19 Tch, 19 FF) | CMB: +9, CMD: 28 | F: +4, R: +14, W: +3 | Init: +6 | Perc: +11, SM: +3 | Speed 30ft, Climb 20ft | Ki Pool: 5/6 | Active conditions: fatigued, haste, spirit sense, invis, fly

Cyrus launches into action, springing straight forward and clicking his heels together, hopeful to get into a flanking position around the woman. As he moves, he sees Faustus connect solidly, and subconsciously winces a little at the blow.

Cyrus flies in front of Lort, legs pumping quickly as he prepares his next move. With a subtle twist, Cyrus leaps forward, dropping to his hind quarters with one leg tucked under while the other sticks straight forward. Cyrus slides on his rump along the smooth, rock hard surface past the agile monk, doing his best to avoid leaving an opening in his defenses.

Acrobatics to avoid an AoO, heroism, daredevil boots, DC+10 for moving full speed: 1d20 + 15 + 2 + 5 ⇒ (2) + 15 + 2 + 5 = 24 Cyrus' AC vs AoO is 29 due to Mobility if he does not successfully avoid the AoO

Once in position he smirks as he sees Faustus directly across from him, the monk now suddenly surrounded. He lashes out with his masterfully balanced wooden wakizashi.

Attack, Flank, Heroism, IC: 1d20 + 8 + 2 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (19) + 8 + 2 + 2 + 2 = 33 for Damage, sneak attack, IC: 1d6 + 1 + 3d6 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 1 + (6, 1, 3) + 2 = 15

Due to my daredevil boots and the canny tumble feat, if I did successfully avoid an AoO, Cyrus would get an additional +3 to his attack roll.

Crit Confirm, Flank, Heroism, IC: 1d20 + 8 + 2 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 8 + 2 + 2 + 2 = 18 for Crit Damage, IC: 1d6 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 1 + 2 = 6 +3 to attack if he avoided the AoO


Dice Rolls | Tactical

The ninja quickly moves into combat. Just past Lort, the monk flashes out with her longspear.

Longspear AoO vs 29 AC: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (11) + 13 = 24
Damaage: 1d8 + 1d6 + 5 ⇒ (4) + (4) + 5 = 13

The ninja is too quick for even the Temple Champion. Tumbling past her, he quickly stands up and brings his wakizashi to bear. He lands a solid blow on her back.

Grunting in pain, beads of sweat break out on her forehead, and her face pales.

Up next: Ibid

Grand Lodge

Male NG Human Investigator 3/Ranger (guide) 2/Fighter (archer) 2 - PFS# 141231-2 | HP: 30/55 | AC: 20 (15 Tch, 15 Fl) | CMB: +9, CMD: 26 | F: +7 [+9 for hot/cold conditions], R: +12, W: +4 | Init: +6 | Perc: +9 [+10 find traps], SM: -1 | Speed 30ft | Inspiration: 3/3, Ranger’s Focus: 1/1, Inspired: 1/1, Boots of Speed: 10/10, Folio Re-roll: 1/1 | Spells: endure elements, shield | Active conditions:

The old man watches as their (obviously capable) opponent strikes out at his companion's approach. Not wanting to let his dear friends down, Ibid runs forward and draws the small, blunt sap from his waist. As each step brings him closer to the foe, he expects a hidden strike to come from nowhere. His teeth clench tightly together as he takes the last few steps, anticipating an incoming attack and preparing his own in retaliation.

Move Action: move beside the monk, ending one square south and one square west of the foe. Ibid draws his sap as part of the move action *token not yet moved*
Standard Action: Attack

Attack, Sap(power attack -2, IC +1): 1d20 + 6 - 2 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 6 - 2 + 1 = 7
Attack, Sap(power attack -2, IC +1): 1d6 + 2 + 4 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 2 + 4 + 1 = 12 non-lethal


Dice Rolls | Tactical

The old ranger moves forward and tries to hit her with his small, wooden club, but his nervousness make his swing travel well wide of the monk.

Looking at the opponents arrayed before her, she know that a blinding offense is her only chance to make this even a contest. She quickly steps back, spins around and strikes at the crafty ninja who managed to penetrate all her defenses without taking a hit.

Attack vs Cyrus: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (20) + 13 = 33
Longspear damage: 3d8 + 3d6 + 15 ⇒ (7, 4, 7) + (5, 5, 5) + 15 = 48

Crit Confirm: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (12) + 13 = 25

Her longspear connects, dropping the ninja into blackness.

She then refocuses on the Inquisitor who had pained her so. She twirls her longspear behind her body, before bringing it crashing down once again on the man's visor and its haunting visage.

Attack vs Faustus: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (14) + 9 = 23
Longspear Damage: 1d8 + 1d6 + 5 ⇒ (7) + (2) + 5 = 14

Her longspear connects, but bounces off the man's armor doing no damage.

Next Up: Lort, Round 2 -Faustus, Ibid, Amaranti

Combat Table:

Combat Table - Round 1
Active Conditions: +2 to attacks, damage, and saves vs fear
  • Faustus x
  • Ibid x
  • Amaranti x
  • Cyrus x
  • Miro x
  • Aramaya x
  • Lort <=

Current Conditions: Faustus -14 NL; Cyurs -48 NL, Unconscious

Scarab Sages

Male CG Human (Kelishite) Ninja 8.2 | HP: 43/43 | AC: 26 (19 Tch, 19 FF) | CMB: +9, CMD: 28 | F: +4, R: +14, W: +3 | Init: +6 | Perc: +11, SM: +3 | Speed 30ft, Climb 20ft | Ki Pool: 5/6 | Active conditions: fatigued, haste, spirit sense, invis, fly

Woah! I had to look this up because I know we talked about it briefly when Lort would have killed Cyrus in our bar fight. The rule I found states:

Nonlethal Damage wrote:


When your nonlethal damage equals your current hit points, you're staggered. You can only take a standard action or a move action in each round (in addition to free, immediate, and swift actions). You cease being staggered when your current hit points once again exceed your nonlethal damage.

When your nonlethal damage exceeds your current hit points, you fall unconscious. While unconscious, you are helpless.

Spellcasters who fall unconscious retain any spellcasting ability they had before going unconscious.

If a creature's nonlethal damage is equal to his total maximum hit points (not his current hit points), all further nonlethal damage is treated as lethal damage. This does not apply to creatures with regeneration. Such creatures simply accrue additional nonlethal damage, increasing the amount of time they remain unconscious.

Emphasis mine

By this I would interpret that I have 20 lethal damage, leaving me unconcious and with 8 hp remaining. Remind me not to get critted against a creature actually trying to kill me...

Grand Lodge

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Male Half-Orc Level 9, #-2

@Cyrus: Triple damage crits are a b*tch!

Lort considers his next move for a while, thinking to tell his companions to get out of the way so he can bull-rush this monk over the edge of the arena. He looks at her graceful movements and the way she was able to react to even Cyrus's quick tumbling - even though she missed - and thinks better of it. Best to hit her with my stick. Besides, I think she wants us to try rushing her off the cliff. She's standing awfully close to the edge, and I bet it's on purpose.

The heavily armored colossus that Lort has become lumbers past Ibid to stand over the unconscious body of Cyrus the Flea, Poor fellow, and brings his sword around for a mighty strike.

"Yeaaargghhh!" he screams as he swings, as much for fun as for focus.

Mwk Wooden Greatsword, power attack, inspire courage: 1d20 + 11 - 2 + 2 ⇒ (16) + 11 - 2 + 2 = 27
Damage, power attack, inspire courage: 3d6 + 9 + 6 + 2 ⇒ (6, 3, 2) + 9 + 6 + 2 = 28

Who was it that said they hate it when their damage roll is higher than their attack roll? I love it when that happens!

Scarab Sages

Male CG Human (Kelishite) Ninja 8.2 | HP: 43/43 | AC: 26 (19 Tch, 19 FF) | CMB: +9, CMD: 28 | F: +4, R: +14, W: +3 | Init: +6 | Perc: +11, SM: +3 | Speed 30ft, Climb 20ft | Ki Pool: 5/6 | Active conditions: fatigued, haste, spirit sense, invis, fly

Cyrus smirks when he pops up behind the monk, scoring a hit.

Maybe that will impress her, I would be impressed, I bet she likes me now that she can see how agile I am. Oh look, she is turning around, I bet she will wink at me...

CRACK

Stars explode across Cyrus' vision, and things seem to move in slow motion. He sees the attractive monk, though she appears to be getting smaller, fading into the distance.

Is she smiling and waving? I think she just blew me a kiss. what a strange thing to do in a fight. Are we still fighting? I feel so tired. My nose hurts... My face feels so warm though... Maybe I should just sleep for a bit. Ibid won't mind I'm sure...

Silver Crusade

Male LN Human (Chelaxian) Inquisitor (Asmodeus) 9 | HP: 72/72 | AC: 26 (15 tch, 24 Fl) | CMB: +13, CMD: 25 | F: +11, R: +8, W: +14 (+2 trait bonus vs mind-affecting from demons) | Init: +6 | Perc: +24, SM: +26 | Speed 20ft | Judgements: 2/3, Greater Bane: 13/14; Discern Lies 9/9, Shirt Reroll 1/1, Coin 1/1 | Spells: 1st 6/7, 2nd 4/5, 3rd 3/4 | Lesser Extend: 3/6 Active conditions: Hight. Aware., Perveive Cues, Heroism, haste, sof,

Faustus realizes that this fight just got real, as he sees the blood pooling on the ground next to the ninja. He shakes his head, and calls once more upon the power of the Dark Prince Note - if Lort has K.O.d her, he'll save the rounds of Bane and the Judgement., calling a Judgement of Protection +2 Profane Bonus to AC. He steps up, expecting to give the monk no way to escape his reach.

PA, Bane MW Wooden Mace: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (8) + 11 = 19 NL Bane Damage: 1d8 + 12 + 2d6 ⇒ (1) + 12 + (6, 2) = 21

Scarab Sages

Male Human (Garundi), Summoner 10, HP: 93/93 | AC: 19[21] FF: 17[19] Touch: 13 | Saves: Fort: +11[+13] Ref: +9[+11] Will: +11[+13] | Perception: +2 SM +0| Init: +2 | CMB: +16 | CMD: 27 | Speed: 30 | Spells 1st: 6/6 2nd: 4/5 3rd: 2/4 4th: 1/1| Wand of MA 39/50(1) | Wand of IH 38 / 50 | Active conditions: heroism 200 min, greater invisibility 10 rounds

"Gods!" a scream escapes from Amaranti, who witnesses Cyrus being struck down with one blow. They are lucky that the battle is fought with wooden weapons, not meant to kill. With a real weapon, the young ninja would be lying dead and Amaranti crying for revenge. This opponent is one they should take seriously...

Too close for another charge, Amaranti guides his eidolon to step back, outside of the monks frightful longspear's range, and casts a spell to hasten his allies.

5ft step, Cast Haste on Amaranti, Kaisharga, Faustus, Lort, Ibid. (unless Lort's hit fell her)

Grand Lodge

Male NG Human Investigator 3/Ranger (guide) 2/Fighter (archer) 2 - PFS# 141231-2 | HP: 30/55 | AC: 20 (15 Tch, 15 Fl) | CMB: +9, CMD: 26 | F: +7 [+9 for hot/cold conditions], R: +12, W: +4 | Init: +6 | Perc: +9 [+10 find traps], SM: -1 | Speed 30ft | Inspiration: 3/3, Ranger’s Focus: 1/1, Inspired: 1/1, Boots of Speed: 10/10, Folio Re-roll: 1/1 | Spells: endure elements, shield | Active conditions:

The old man feels a surge of quickness and agility course through his veins, and he looks on as the ever mighty half-orc takes a swing which could swing which should have cleaved a dragon in two. Ibid impotently glances down to the sap in hand, and steps forward with great, sword-envy, holding his small cudgel.

5-foot adjust beside the monk
Full round attack (2 attacks) due to haste

Attack #1
attack, sap(haste, power attack, IC): 1d20 + 6 - 2 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 6 - 2 + 1 + 1 = 9
damage, sap(power attack, IC): 1d6 + 2 + 4 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 2 + 4 + 1 = 9

Attack #2
attack, sap(haste, power attack, IC): 1d20 + 6 - 2 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (13) + 6 - 2 + 1 + 1 = 19
damage, sap(power attack, IC): 1d6 + 2 + 4 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 2 + 4 + 1 = 9


Dice Rolls | Tactical

She would get an AoO on Lort, but it didn't score enough damage to drop him, and his attack gets her. See the discussion tab for more. Nice job all around

Before reaching her, Aramaya lashes out.

AoO on Lort: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (18) + 13 = 31
Damage: 1d8 + 1d6 + 5 ⇒ (8) + (6) + 5 = 19

Shaking off the longspear attack, Lort brandishes his longsword across Aramaya’s head, the entire assembled wince as his wooden sword knocks her to the floor.

Itephta floats to the ground and revives her. Aramaya drags herself up, looking a bit worse for the wear.

”Well fought. Had I but know that we would have such worthy challengers I would not spent the last few days in supplications and fasting. No excuses though, you are feared opponents and you have defeated me soundly.” She respectfully bows and retires to her room to contemplate her own performance.
Suddenly the Pathfinders feel themselves lift from the floor. They begin to float over the side and down the enormously high spire. They quickly deduce it is the invisible stalkers that are carrying everyone back to the base of the spire. This journey is both terrifying and spectacular all at the same time. The vista they are able to see is a once in a life time opportunity for them, yet they cannot help but feel that they might plummet at any minute. They can see that Itephta has used his magic to return the pillar to its original shape as it folds back in on itself.

Once again Iteptha addresses the assembled Pathfinders. ”Friends a moment while we discuss your trials. You are free to wander the monastery’s grounds in the meantime, and a room in one of the Pahmet caves is available for your use tonight.” While Iteptha and Menkha move off, Aeotsep lingers a moment.

”You all did a great job. I am so proud of the way that you handled yourselves. You showed great skill throughout all the trials and your combat was sublime. It has been my absolute pleasure to spend the day with you, teaching you, and watching you in action. I fear that we have all learned more from you than you from us.” He bows deeply. The Pathfinder exchange glances as he drops his façade. Gone is the silly elderly teacher; replaced by the confident mentor that has seen countless aspirants come and go.

151 to 200 of 402 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / GMTheBobJones #6–19: Test of Tar Kuata All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.