GMTheBobJones #6–19: Test of Tar Kuata (Inactive)

Game Master TheBobJones

Where on Golarion | Tatical | CLW


301 to 350 of 402 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | next > last >>

Dice Rolls | Tactical

Ok I either had a post eaten before Ibid's turn, or it is sitting in the preview window of my home laptop, and as I am at work ::middle Finger::

Faustus connects with his mace, Lort almost drops him with a vicious greatsword attack, Curys and Ibid both miss with their ranged attacks, but Amaranti's strike the great Kaisharga skewers him like a kabob.

Ok, if I am correct, Miro, Lort, Cyrus, and Ibid all detect as Good

The Pathfinders feel a wave pass through them, in the briefest blink of an eye, their past flashes before their eyes. Cyrus stealing food to live, Ibid in the mine, Lort out in the Linnorm wilderness, Miro in his cups at the tavern. The moment passes before it really begins and the Pathfidners are left wondering what has just happened.

Connor steps up to Lort Lockwood to blood splat please and swing his dwarven waraxe.

Connor attack #1 + smite vs Lort: 1d20 + 10 + 3 ⇒ (15) + 10 + 3 = 28
damage: 1d10 + 4 + 6 ⇒ (4) + 4 + 6 = 14

Connor attack #2 + smite vs Lort: 1d20 + 5 + 3 ⇒ (19) + 5 + 3 = 27
damage: 1d10 + 4 + 6 ⇒ (2) + 4 + 6 = 12

Grant moves into the space vacated by Connor. His uttering begins to crescendo, and the Pathfinders feel another wave, a different wave pass through them.

Will Rolls:

vs DC 16
Amaranti Will: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (20) + 5 = 25
Cyrus Will: 1d20 ⇒ 16
Faustus Will: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (9) + 10 = 19
Ibid Will: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 = 6
Kaisharga Will: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (10) + 4 = 14
Lort Will: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (6) + 5 = 11+1 vs Fear

Amaranti Damage: 3d6 ⇒ (6, 2, 5) = 13 1/2 - 6
Cyrus Damage: 3d6 ⇒ (2, 2, 4) = 8 1/2 - 4
Faustus Damage: 3d6 ⇒ (1, 5, 2) = 8 1/2 - 4
Ibid Damage: 3d6 ⇒ (5, 2, 1) = 8
Kaisharga Damage: 3d6 ⇒ (4, 5, 6) = 15
Lort Damage: 3d6 ⇒ (2, 4, 5) = 11


Dice Rolls | Tactical

Next Up:Miro; (Round 2) Cyrus, Ibid, Faustus, Amaranti, Lort

Combat Table:

Combat Table - Round 1
Active Conditions: Lort: Bulls Strength, Shield of Faith, whetstone; Faustus: Shield of Faith, See invisible, Perceive Clues ; Ibid Heroism; Amaranti Heroism, Reduce Person, Longarm
  • Cuyrs <=
  • Ibid <=
  • Faustus <=
  • Amaranti <=
  • Lort <=
  • Knioghts <=
  • Miro <=

Current Conditions: Amaranti -6, Cyrus -4, Faustus -4, Ibid -8, Kaisharga -15, Lort -37

Grand Lodge

Male Half-Orc Level 9, #-2

I'm going to assume that Miro starts inspire courage before Lort's turn for the purposes of this post. I'll spoiler the non-IC rolls just in case. And you've started rolling like me there, John!

"F*ck me sideways but you hit hard! Providing me with a more worthy opponent than your brother knight did," Lort says after the onslaught, the waves of negative energy opening the two wounds dealt by Connor even wider on his body, "Let's see how you like my steel!"

The gravity of the situation doesn't seem to phase the half-orc. After all, he has been known to fight on when reason would dictate that he fall to the ground and bleed to death. Lort has never been sure whether he had his orcish or Ulfen blood to thank for that.

Greatsword vs Connor, power attack, bull's strength, inspire courage: 1d20 + 11 - 2 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (20) + 11 - 2 + 1 + 2 = 32
Crit confirm: 1d20 + 11 - 2 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (14) + 11 - 2 + 1 + 2 = 26 -- I assume that confirms!

Damage vs Connor, power attack, bull's strength, inspire courage, crit: 2d6 + 8 + 6 + 2 + 2 + 2d6 + 8 + 6 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (4, 4) + 8 + 6 + 2 + 2 + (4, 2) + 8 + 6 + 2 + 2 = 50

"Ha! I hit the hardest, it seems!" brays Lort, his own blood dripping steadily upon the ground.

Without bardic inspiration:

That's still a threat for a crit, with a To Hit = 24 to confirm. Damage = 46 hp on the crit, or 24 hp if I don't confirm.

Silver Crusade

Male LN Human (Chelaxian) Inquisitor (Asmodeus) 9 | HP: 72/72 | AC: 26 (15 tch, 24 Fl) | CMB: +13, CMD: 25 | F: +11, R: +8, W: +14 (+2 trait bonus vs mind-affecting from demons) | Init: +6 | Perc: +24, SM: +26 | Speed 20ft | Judgements: 2/3, Greater Bane: 13/14; Discern Lies 9/9, Shirt Reroll 1/1, Coin 1/1 | Spells: 1st 6/7, 2nd 4/5, 3rd 3/4 | Lesser Extend: 3/6 Active conditions: Hight. Aware., Perveive Cues, Heroism, haste, sof,

Dwarven waraxe? Are they human or dwarf? I'll make a kn:local if needed, but I can make a DC13 on a 1
Was that a spell or something else?
kn:local: 1d20 + 9 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 9 + 3 = 14 (almost like I asked for it!)

Swift action, Bane Human (unless not human, then that)
PA Bane w/ Final Arbitration + inspire: 1d20 + 9 + 2 ⇒ (13) + 9 + 2 = 24 damage: 1d8 + 11 + 2 + 2d6 ⇒ (7) + 11 + 2 + (2, 6) = 28
If Lort dropped Connor, Faustus will step up and attack Grant
If Miro doesn't inspire, reduce by 2 damage, and to-hit.

"Gentle, your foul patron has already been beaten by my Lord Asmodeus. Why do you even try? Lay down your weapons, and accept your fate. The Boneyard awaits you."

Oh, if I only had cornugan smash already.


Dice Rolls | Tactical

Faustus - they are Human (humanoid), and that was Channel Negative Energy - not sure if you can tell that in character or not

Sovereign Court

Male CG Halfling Bard 6 | HP 33/33 | AC 24 (15 Tch, 21 FF) | CMB +1, CMD 14 | F +7, R +10, W +8 | Init +7 | Perc +11, SM +12 | Speed 20 ft | [ooc| Inspire 16/18[/ooc] | Spells: 1st 5/5, 2nd 4/4 | Active Conditions: Short Sword shrunk

Miro begins to inspire his allies, noticing most of them wincing in pain from some unseen source. "Hey, you all have stomach cramps or something?"

Starting IC

Scarab Sages

Male CG Human (Kelishite) Ninja 8.2 | HP: 43/43 | AC: 26 (19 Tch, 19 FF) | CMB: +9, CMD: 28 | F: +4, R: +14, W: +3 | Init: +6 | Perc: +11, SM: +3 | Speed 30ft, Climb 20ft | Ki Pool: 5/6 | Active conditions: fatigued, haste, spirit sense, invis, fly

Cyrus clicks his heels together, activating his magical boots again, then springs through the forest of powerful fighters in front of him. His heart races, his mind flashing back to the one powerful blow from a wooden weapon that would have skewered his grape had it been sharp. The risk of his move seemed so much more real now, though that though did not slow him in the least.

With the relative smoothness of the floor, the tried and true slide simply wasn't going to work here. Diving forward, over Lort's knee and under his raised greatsword just before he brings it down like a guillotine, Cyrus tucks into a roll, darting between Conner's legs and hoping to use him as a shield to protect himself from Grant. Once on the other side, he pops up, blade slashing.

Ok, so the DC on this is going to be ridiculous, so I am spending a ki point to get a +20 on my acro roll. I can only spend 1 per round, and I have to make 2 rolls, so I will choose the first, since Conner's DC will be much higher as I am going through his space. Just putting that out front, even though I am going to preview to add a little flavor

Acrobatics to Avoid AoO from Conner, Daredevil boots, acrobatic master, DC+15 for going full speed and through occupied space: 1d20 + 15 + 5 + 20 ⇒ (9) + 15 + 5 + 20 = 49

Acrobatics to Avoid AoO from Grant, Daredevil boots, DC+12 for going full speed and grant being second target to try to avoid: 1d20 + 15 + 5 ⇒ (9) + 15 + 5 = 29

Pretty confident I avoided from Conner, not so sure on Grant. If I missed, my AC vs AoO is 29 due to mobility

Cyrus lashes out at Conner, now that he is pinned between himself and Lort.

Attack, Flank, IC, daredevil, canny tumble: 1d20 + 8 + 2 + 2 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (19) + 8 + 2 + 2 + 1 + 2 = 34 for Damage, IC, Belt, sneak attack: 1d6 + 2 + 2 + 1 + 3d6 ⇒ (2) + 2 + 2 + 1 + (4, 5, 3) = 19

Crit Confirm, Flank, IC, daredevil, canny tumble: 1d20 + 8 + 2 + 2 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 8 + 2 + 2 + 1 + 2 = 19 for Crit Damage, IC, Belt: 1d6 + 2 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 2 + 2 + 1 = 10

I am now posting like Finarin... hope I did him proud! EDIT: Forgot IC was +2, not +1, changed in dice roll


Dice Rolls | Tactical

Everyone thank Miro - his IC makes this much easier for me

After taking a pounding, then feeling his energy drain, Lort is having none of it. He moves forwards and with one swipe of his greatsword cuts off Connor's arm. A jet of warm blood, not that they could tell in this heat, sprays out in a tremendous arc.

Faustus, nodding at the efficiency of the half-orc, moves into the area previously occupied by Connor and swings at Grant. His mace connects with his helmet and Grant's head whips back. The Pathfinder can see streams of blood pouring down his breast plate.

The nimble ninja calls upon his hidden reserves of energy and tumbles past his companions, the dying Connor, and the alive, but grievously wounded Grant. Grant is however unable to track the ninja due to a lethal combination of his wounds and the ninja's quick movements.

The placements are a bit off, but no matter, Cyrus could get in the correct position for sneak attack/flank

Rising to one knee, he slices across the man's knees, hamstringing him. Somehow, the ninja also strikes a major blood vessel and Grant falls to the floor, bleeding.

Combat over - that is 3 crits for you guys. Come on, there is so much cool stuff I wasn't able to do!. Both men are dying. Let me know what you want to do about them.

Scarab Sages

Male CG Human (Kelishite) Ninja 8.2 | HP: 43/43 | AC: 26 (19 Tch, 19 FF) | CMB: +9, CMD: 28 | F: +4, R: +14, W: +3 | Init: +6 | Perc: +11, SM: +3 | Speed 30ft, Climb 20ft | Ki Pool: 5/6 | Active conditions: fatigued, haste, spirit sense, invis, fly

That was pretty ridiculous... LY AWESOME!!! Thank you Miro!!

Cyrus stands up as the armored knight falls, bleeding out.

"Would he have information we could use?" he questions, holding his wand of cure light wounds in his hand.

"Otherwise, we have some handy spells enhancing us, that might come in handy against this leader and foul beast Bertreg told us about.."


Dice Rolls | Tactical

Now that combat has subsided, the Pathfinder have a good look at the Kinght's sleeping quarters.

The southern walls of this messy campsite are covered in shaggy brown filaments.

Which Ibid is happy to tell them is brown mold (Pathfinder RPG Core Rulebook 416). and they avoid.

Among the knights’ clutter is a locked iron case. Cyrus fiddles with the lock,
Disable Device: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (10) + 14 = 24
Disable Device: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (7) + 14 = 21
Disable Device: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (9) + 14 = 23
Disable Device: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (12) + 14 = 26

For crying out loud! Guess what the DC was?

Inside are six potions of endure elements and 924 gp.

Perception Rolls:

Amaranti Perception: 1d20 ⇒ 13
Cyrus Perception: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (16) + 8 = 24
Faustus Perception: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (19) + 13 = 32
Ibid Perception: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (5) + 8 = 13 +9 for traps
Kaisharga Perception: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (7) + 7 = 14
Lort Perception: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (1) + 13 = 14
Miro Perception: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (6) + 11 = 17

You also discover the case’s false bottom, which hides two scrolls of delay poison and one scroll of freedom of movement plus an elixir of swimming.


Dice Rolls | Tactical

FYI - Amaranti -6, Cyrus -4, Faustus -4, Ibid -8, Kaisharga -15, Lort -37. That exploration took 1 minute.

Grand Lodge

Male Half-Orc Level 9, #-2

Cyrus'd! Updates below.

By my count, before the below, Lort is 14 rounds (1.4 minutes) down on his buffs. 2 rounds to get there, 2 rounds of combat, 1 minute to explore and retrieve the stuff. Let me know if that's not right.

Lort quickly grabs one of the potions of endure elements and pours it down his throat, "Ha! I feel cooler already! Well done, my friends," he says surveying their damage, "It has been too long since we have fought like this together. The last time, if I remember correctly was during that strangeness in Absalom during the last grand convocation. I'll fight agents of Rovagug over mutated comrades any day. No offense, Faustus, but I wish Gunari (and also Finarin) were here to share the glory of battle with us!"

1 more round

Lort lops off the remaining knights' heads then pulls out his wand of cure light wounds, "Now, let us get moving! Mayhaps Kurgess's strength will still be with me when we reach our target. Now gather around!"

2 more rounds

Lort will Channel Positive energy twice to heal his wounded friends.

Channel Positive #1: 2d6 ⇒ (3, 2) = 5
Channel Positive #2: 2d6 ⇒ (2, 4) = 6

2 more rounds

As they move along, Lort keeps waving the wand around to heal himself.

Wand CLW #1: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 1 = 9 --> Lort at 34 hp.
Wand CLW #2: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5 --> Lort at 39 hp.
Wand CLW #3: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5 --> Lort at FULL hp.
Wand CLW #3: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3 --> Lort at FULL hp.
Wand CLW #4: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 1 = 6 --> Kaisharga at FULL hp.

4 more rounds, moved 120ft back down the tunnel. 9 more rounds total, 2.7 minutes remain.

Heading to the other tunnel as fast as he can now ("exit", is it?). Will cast enlarge person and bear's endurance when it becomes apparent they are nearing the place the monk was saying the enemy leader was staying.


Dice Rolls | Tactical

Yes exit is where you are headed. Once everyone has stated their intentions, and declared their loot I will advance it

Silver Crusade

Male LN Human (Chelaxian) Inquisitor (Asmodeus) 9 | HP: 72/72 | AC: 26 (15 tch, 24 Fl) | CMB: +13, CMD: 25 | F: +11, R: +8, W: +14 (+2 trait bonus vs mind-affecting from demons) | Init: +6 | Perc: +24, SM: +26 | Speed 20ft | Judgements: 2/3, Greater Bane: 13/14; Discern Lies 9/9, Shirt Reroll 1/1, Coin 1/1 | Spells: 1st 6/7, 2nd 4/5, 3rd 3/4 | Lesser Extend: 3/6 Active conditions: Hight. Aware., Perveive Cues, Heroism, haste, sof,

Faustus spits, "The drunk? You'd rather have him? Well, not surprising." he then quickly goes around, bashing in the skulls of the knights, and noting where the equipment is. He then takes one of the potions, "Better used than not" and gulps it down.

Scarab Sages

Male CG Human (Kelishite) Ninja 8.2 | HP: 43/43 | AC: 26 (19 Tch, 19 FF) | CMB: +9, CMD: 28 | F: +4, R: +14, W: +3 | Init: +6 | Perc: +11, SM: +3 | Speed 30ft, Climb 20ft | Ki Pool: 5/6 | Active conditions: fatigued, haste, spirit sense, invis, fly

Cyrus raises his endure elements potion in a mock toast, and drains it. He pats Lort on the back in thanks for the healing wave to counter the necromanctic wave released when they encountered the goons.

Unless someone else wants it instead Cyrus pockets the elixir of swimming and the scroll of freedom of movement. He hands one of the scrolls of delay poison to Lort, and the other to Miro, then makes sure everyone gets one of the potions of endure elements. The whole scene is somewhat rushed, and so Cyrus is too busy to wince when Lort finishes lopping off the heads of the now definitively dead, evil knights.

With the loot distributed, he encourages each to drink their potion as they move towards what is expected to be the hottest part of the cavern.

Sovereign Court

Male CG Halfling Bard 6 | HP 33/33 | AC 24 (15 Tch, 21 FF) | CMB +1, CMD 14 | F +7, R +10, W +8 | Init +7 | Perc +11, SM +12 | Speed 20 ft | [ooc| Inspire 16/18[/ooc] | Spells: 1st 5/5, 2nd 4/4 | Active Conditions: Short Sword shrunk

Miro scoops up a potion, mimicking Cyrus's toast before gulping it down. "Well, that was pleasant. Let's go figure out what this monstrosity that was mentioned is. Things like this usually end up being not half so bad as described..."


Dice Rolls | Tactical

You have 6 potions and 7 characters, what is your plan for the extra character?

Sovereign Court

Male CG Halfling Bard 6 | HP 33/33 | AC 24 (15 Tch, 21 FF) | CMB +1, CMD 14 | F +7, R +10, W +8 | Init +7 | Perc +11, SM +12 | Speed 20 ft | [ooc| Inspire 16/18[/ooc] | Spells: 1st 5/5, 2nd 4/4 | Active Conditions: Short Sword shrunk

Miro will take out his scroll, casting Endure Elements upon Amaranti. "There you go, buddy!"

Scarab Sages

Male CG Human (Kelishite) Ninja 8.2 | HP: 43/43 | AC: 26 (19 Tch, 19 FF) | CMB: +9, CMD: 28 | F: +4, R: +14, W: +3 | Init: +6 | Perc: +11, SM: +3 | Speed 30ft, Climb 20ft | Ki Pool: 5/6 | Active conditions: fatigued, haste, spirit sense, invis, fly

If Amaranti doesn't have anything (in pretty sure he does) Cyrus will use one of his extra scrolls of endure elements on kaisharga

edit: Cyrus'd by Miro!

-Posted with Wayfinder


Dice Rolls | Tactical

4/6 ready to go - we go

The tunnel leading from Knight's quarters gradually descends over the course of another 500 feet, occasionally branching out into short side passages and broader chambers. For a typical group, squeezing through the occasional tight spot, peeking down dead ends, and reaching this area takes 5 minutes. Let me know if you rebuff along the way

Greenish filaments crisscross this flooded chamber, whose pools of murky water release strange, foul-smelling fumes. Large boulders protrude from he water, many covered in profane markings and bloodstains.

The Pathfinders can feel the heat roll over them, even after downing the protective potion.

PRD wrote:
Extreme heat (air temperature over 140° F, fire, boiling after, lava) deals lethal damage. Breathing air in these temperatures deals 1d6 points of fire damage per minute (no save). In addition, a character must make a Fortitude save every 5 minutes (DC 15, +1 per previous check) or take 1d4 points of nonlethal damage. Those wearing heavy clothing or any sort of armor take a –4 penalty on their saves.

The potion does not protect you from this. You have 1 minute/10 rounds to kill them and get out

The Pathfinder see a web strewn dome.

Perception Rolls:

Amaranti Perception: 1d20 ⇒ 11
Cyrus Perception: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (1) + 8 = 9
Faustus Perception: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (14) + 13 = 27
Ibid Perception: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (7) + 8 = 15 +9 for traps
Kaisharga Perception: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (3) + 7 = 10
Lort Perception: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (19) + 13 = 32
Miro Perception: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (4) + 11 = 15

Faustus and Lort can see what can only be the creature Bertrag told them about. All eyes and arms, and mouths in a quivering flesh mound.

Faustus Kn (Planes): 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (8) + 7 = 15
Ibid Kn (Planes): 1d20 + 11 + 1d6 ⇒ (1) + 11 + (6) = 18

Both men shout out that it is a thognorok qlippoth (outsider)

The web covers all the squares outlined with a dotted line on the map; a character entering a flooded square in the webbed area can submerge to avoid the web’s effects, and a submerged character can swim under the webs with ease.

On a rock further in there is a man standing holding a huge axe. His appearance is as disturbing as one can imagine, his face is severely scarred.

Initiative Rolls:

Amaranti Initiative: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 2 = 7
Cyrus Initiative: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 = 6
Faustus Initiative: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (11) + 5 = 16
Ibid Initiative: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 = 6
Lort Initiative: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (11) + 1 = 12
Miro Initiative: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (3) + 7 = 10
BBEG Initiative: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (8) + 4 = 12
Qlippoth Initiative: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (2) - 1 = 1

Next Up: Faustus, Lort

Combat Table:

Combat Table - Round 1
Active Conditions: Lort: Bulls Strength, Shield of Faith, whetstone; Faustus: Shield of Faith, See invisible, Perceive Clues ; Ibid Heroism; Amaranti Heroism, Reduce Person, Longarm
  • Faustus <=
  • Lort <=
  • BBEG <=
  • Miro <=
  • Amaranti <=
  • Cryus <=
  • Ibid <=
  • Qlippoth <=

Current Conditions:

Grand Lodge

Male Half-Orc Level 9, #-2

Lort casts protection from evil, weapons against evil on everyone's primary weapons, except for Miro and Kaisharga (ignore DR of evil creatures with DR 5 or less).

Can Lort have cast enlarge person when they got within sight of the larger cavern? The tunnel looks kinda large enough provided he can squeeze through that last opening.

His other buffs have run out.


Dice Rolls | Tactical

I am going to say 'No' to Enlarge person because if you read the description, there are many dead ends, side passages, squeezing through. ect. If seems unlikely that they would have any idea that they are approaching the lair and an Enlarged Lort would have likely gotten stuck somewhere. The room description was copied - pasted from the Mod. Also weapons against evil is 1 round/level. Also unlikely to be cast in the 5 minutes of wandering an old mine. Protection from evil makes sense, so that I will allow. Let us say that you have 2 minutes remaining on that.


Dice Rolls | Tactical

I checked all your buffs, and besides Protection From Evil, and Heroism, it seems that everything else has run out. Please include an {ooc}if I am incorrect before you declare your action.

Scarab Sages

Male Human (Garundi), Summoner 10, HP: 93/93 | AC: 19[21] FF: 17[19] Touch: 13 | Saves: Fort: +11[+13] Ref: +9[+11] Will: +11[+13] | Perception: +2 SM +0| Init: +2 | CMB: +16 | CMD: 27 | Speed: 30 | Spells 1st: 6/6 2nd: 4/5 3rd: 2/4 4th: 1/1| Wand of MA 39/50(1) | Wand of IH 38 / 50 | Active conditions: heroism 200 min, greater invisibility 10 rounds

Can Amaranti have had cast mage armor on Kaisharga after the battle with the knights? Also, I can use Amaranti's scroll of endure elements on Kaisharga

Grand Lodge

Male NG Human Investigator 3/Ranger (guide) 2/Fighter (archer) 2 - PFS# 141231-2 | HP: 30/55 | AC: 20 (15 Tch, 15 Fl) | CMB: +9, CMD: 26 | F: +7 [+9 for hot/cold conditions], R: +12, W: +4 | Init: +6 | Perc: +9 [+10 find traps], SM: -1 | Speed 30ft | Inspiration: 3/3, Ranger’s Focus: 1/1, Inspired: 1/1, Boots of Speed: 10/10, Folio Re-roll: 1/1 | Spells: endure elements, shield | Active conditions:

There was discussion before about Ibid using endure elements, but it looks like the temp of this place is beyond the recommended operating temperature for that spell... Yikes, that is hot!

Grand Lodge

Male Half-Orc Level 9, #-2

Lort's tagline is updated. I assume bear's endurance also works, since it has the same duration as protection from evil? Lort will have grabbed his belt of strength back of Cyrus, too.

So, since I can't actually close on it, I might as well do this! I knew there was a reason multiclassing as a cleric would pay off more than saving money on buff potions and happy sticks...

"Well, gather around everyone!" says Lort as they approach the cavern, "I'll make sure our weapons can actually damage this thing!"

"Weapons against evil" Lort chants in prayer to Kurgess. (Everyone is within 20ft, so he'll affect Ibid's favored weapon, Faustus's, Cyrus's and Amaranti's as well as his own greatsword)

Lort then moves forwards menacingly, brandishing his greatsword.

"I don't suppose anyone can dismiss this web? Perhaps a flaming something or other? Otherwise, we may have some trouble actually approaching this thing! Let us hope it is dumb enough to approach us," Lort stands there, ready for it to do just that.


Dice Rolls | Tactical

Amaranti - yes, mage armor makes sense. Ibid - yes you need Resist Energy for this one. Lort - Bear's Endurance works - similar duration

Scarab Sages

Male CG Human (Kelishite) Ninja 8.2 | HP: 43/43 | AC: 26 (19 Tch, 19 FF) | CMB: +9, CMD: 28 | F: +4, R: +14, W: +3 | Init: +6 | Perc: +11, SM: +3 | Speed 30ft, Climb 20ft | Ki Pool: 5/6 | Active conditions: fatigued, haste, spirit sense, invis, fly

"Miro, take this scroll of freedom of movement and cast it on one of the three big guys! Lort, take this elixir of swimming, maybe you can swim under the webs. I've got my own potion of touch of the sea to get to that bum on the island. Ibid can take that thing down with his bow!"

I also have 2 scrolls of fly if we think that would be useful, may spend a few extra rounds digging through my bag before I can get started properly! In fact... I'll post on the discussion thread, we might want to make up our minds how we do this before we waste rounds...


Dice Rolls | Tactical

Missed something

The rocks here are slick and rise about 5 feet out of the water, requiring a successful DC 12 Climb check to clamber over.

Silver Crusade

Male LN Human (Chelaxian) Inquisitor (Asmodeus) 9 | HP: 72/72 | AC: 26 (15 tch, 24 Fl) | CMB: +13, CMD: 25 | F: +11, R: +8, W: +14 (+2 trait bonus vs mind-affecting from demons) | Init: +6 | Perc: +24, SM: +26 | Speed 20ft | Judgements: 2/3, Greater Bane: 13/14; Discern Lies 9/9, Shirt Reroll 1/1, Coin 1/1 | Spells: 1st 6/7, 2nd 4/5, 3rd 3/4 | Lesser Extend: 3/6 Active conditions: Hight. Aware., Perveive Cues, Heroism, haste, sof,

On the way in, Faustus recasts Shield of Faith... his other spells are still available, Perceive Cues and See Invisible are 10mins/level

Faustus will use the scroll of freedom of movement on himself. Move to draw, standard to cast.
caster level check: DC8 for CL7: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (14) + 6 = 20

He will declare a judgement, giving him Resistance 6 (Fire), hoping this will take care of the heat damage. He then steps 5' forward.

"Cyrus, if you can give me the ability to fly, that would be outstanding."


Dice Rolls | Tactical

As the Pathfinders round the corner, and face the extreme heat, they know they are in for a fight. The worshiper of Rovagug, Tasutek begins to grunt and grumble, waving his hands in an obvious spell casting motion. He draws his greataxe and draws it along his cheek, drawing another red line across his face. He smiles and waves the Pathfinders on.

Spellcraft if you want

Next Up: Miro, Amaranti, Cyrus, Ibid

Combat Table:

Combat Table - Round 1
Active Conditions: protection from evil, Weapons against evil; Faustus: See invisible, Perceive Clues, Shield of Faith, freedom of movement; Ibid Heroism; Amaranti Heroism, Kaisharga mage armor; Lort bear's endurance; Cyrus ring of climbing
  • Faustus x float like a butterfly
  • Lort x weapon buffer
  • Rovagug x cast spell
  • Miro <=
  • Amaranti <=
  • Cyrus <=
  • Ibid <=
  • Qlippoth <=

Silver Crusade

Male LN Human (Chelaxian) Inquisitor (Asmodeus) 9 | HP: 72/72 | AC: 26 (15 tch, 24 Fl) | CMB: +13, CMD: 25 | F: +11, R: +8, W: +14 (+2 trait bonus vs mind-affecting from demons) | Init: +6 | Perc: +24, SM: +26 | Speed 20ft | Judgements: 2/3, Greater Bane: 13/14; Discern Lies 9/9, Shirt Reroll 1/1, Coin 1/1 | Spells: 1st 6/7, 2nd 4/5, 3rd 3/4 | Lesser Extend: 3/6 Active conditions: Hight. Aware., Perveive Cues, Heroism, haste, sof,

spellcraft: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (4) + 8 = 12


Dice Rolls | Tactical

DC 15 + spell level + distance (+1/10 feet) = DC 21 + Spell

Faustus has no idea what Rovagug just cast.

Grand Lodge

Male NG Human Investigator 3/Ranger (guide) 2/Fighter (archer) 2 - PFS# 141231-2 | HP: 30/55 | AC: 20 (15 Tch, 15 Fl) | CMB: +9, CMD: 26 | F: +7 [+9 for hot/cold conditions], R: +12, W: +4 | Init: +6 | Perc: +9 [+10 find traps], SM: -1 | Speed 30ft | Inspiration: 3/3, Ranger’s Focus: 1/1, Inspired: 1/1, Boots of Speed: 10/10, Folio Re-roll: 1/1 | Spells: endure elements, shield | Active conditions:

The old man watches the worshiper's movements, trying to recall an entire childhood spent pouring through ancient tomes and watching the practitioners of all manner of magic and sorcery...

Spellcraft: 1d20 + 7 + 1d6 ⇒ (12) + 7 + (2) = 21
Ibid is unsure which target to attack, depending what the results of the Spellcraft check are. Ibid's attack will be rolled below, but can he specify the target after the results of this check are revealed?

The old man rushes forward, trying to keep up with the half-orc with his bow clenched tightly in hand while scurrying over the slippery stones.

climb(DC = 12): 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (12) + 7 = 19

Once stopped, Ibid raises the longbow, leveling an arrow at the terribly disgusting creature before him. But the old man stops for a moment, wondering which target to attack...

Move Action: move 30 feet, ending one square north-east of Lort *token not yet moved*
Standard Action: Attack, target 'tbd'

attack, longbow(PBS, DA, Heroism, weapons against evil): 1d20 + 8 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 8 + 2 = 11
damage, longbow(PBS, DA, Heroism, weapons against evil): 1d8 + 6 ⇒ (6) + 6 = 12

Edit: guess the target of the shot doesn't matter, that shot is terrible :(

Silver Crusade

Male LN Human (Chelaxian) Inquisitor (Asmodeus) 9 | HP: 72/72 | AC: 26 (15 tch, 24 Fl) | CMB: +13, CMD: 25 | F: +11, R: +8, W: +14 (+2 trait bonus vs mind-affecting from demons) | Init: +6 | Perc: +24, SM: +26 | Speed 20ft | Judgements: 2/3, Greater Bane: 13/14; Discern Lies 9/9, Shirt Reroll 1/1, Coin 1/1 | Spells: 1st 6/7, 2nd 4/5, 3rd 3/4 | Lesser Extend: 3/6 Active conditions: Hight. Aware., Perveive Cues, Heroism, haste, sof,

"Ibid, if you are going to shoot, wait for his cast! Disrupt his spellcasting!"


Dice Rolls | Tactical

I am clarifying a question regarding the webs currently. Regardless Ibid has no idea what spell was cast. His shot flies harmlessly wide.

Lockwooded

Scarab Sages

Male CG Human (Kelishite) Ninja 8.2 | HP: 43/43 | AC: 26 (19 Tch, 19 FF) | CMB: +9, CMD: 28 | F: +4, R: +14, W: +3 | Init: +6 | Perc: +11, SM: +3 | Speed 30ft, Climb 20ft | Ki Pool: 5/6 | Active conditions: fatigued, haste, spirit sense, invis, fly

Cyrus, realizing that he holds many of the items his companions are going to need to end this evil man's life, drops his pack to the ground so they are accessible. He moves forward, pulling a smooth stone from a small pocket in one of his crossed bandoliers, and says a little prayer to Sarenrae, and Irori as he leaps onto one of the slick rocks.

Acrobatics to jump the 5 foot distance: 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (7) + 15 = 22

Climb Check to scramble on the rock, ring of climbing: 1d20 + 6 + 5 ⇒ (12) + 6 + 5 = 23

Thunderstone, 3rd range increment, only trying to hit the square he is in (AC 5): 1d20 + 7 - 4 ⇒ (5) + 7 - 4 = 8

thunderstone - DC 15 Fort save or deafened (-4 to init and 20% miscast chance for anything with a verbal component)

Mechanics: Move to rock, rolls noted above, draw thunderstone while moving. swift action to vanish with a ki point (2 left). EDIT: Keeping my finger on my piece! I want to change my mind! instead of the second move action I want to throw the thunderstone. I will save my swift action to vanish until after I throw the stone.

Cyrus flings the stone at the servent of the chaotic god, then summons his inner strength to vanish from sight.


Dice Rolls | Tactical

Cyrus, I am confused at who you are attacking, the Qlippoth or Rovagug? Judging by your range increment, I am assuming the Qlippoth.

Scarab Sages

Male CG Human (Kelishite) Ninja 8.2 | HP: 43/43 | AC: 26 (19 Tch, 19 FF) | CMB: +9, CMD: 28 | F: +4, R: +14, W: +3 | Init: +6 | Perc: +11, SM: +3 | Speed 30ft, Climb 20ft | Ki Pool: 5/6 | Active conditions: fatigued, haste, spirit sense, invis, fly

What, you can't read my mind? :) sorry for the confusing post... Thunderstone is a 20 ft range increment, attacking the rovagug.

-Posted with Wayfinder

Sovereign Court

Male CG Halfling Bard 6 | HP 33/33 | AC 24 (15 Tch, 21 FF) | CMB +1, CMD 14 | F +7, R +10, W +8 | Init +7 | Perc +11, SM +12 | Speed 20 ft | [ooc| Inspire 16/18[/ooc] | Spells: 1st 5/5, 2nd 4/4 | Active Conditions: Short Sword shrunk

The halfling, as instructed, steps forward and casts Freedom of Movement on Amaranti, hoping that enables the big Garundi the ability to get through all the mess and lay waste to their enemies.

Scarab Sages

Male Human (Garundi), Summoner 10, HP: 93/93 | AC: 19[21] FF: 17[19] Touch: 13 | Saves: Fort: +11[+13] Ref: +9[+11] Will: +11[+13] | Perception: +2 SM +0| Init: +2 | CMB: +16 | CMD: 27 | Speed: 30 | Spells 1st: 6/6 2nd: 4/5 3rd: 2/4 4th: 1/1| Wand of MA 39/50(1) | Wand of IH 38 / 50 | Active conditions: heroism 200 min, greater invisibility 10 rounds

"Is ugly son of whore!" Amaranti shivers in disgust in front of the monstrosity. But no time for fear, battle is already happening. Sooner they get out from this hot lair, the better - so Amaranti starts the fight by casting the spell of haste.
Cast Haste on Kaisharga, Amaranti, Lort, Faustus and Ibid
"Kaisharga, deal with ugly priest!" Amaranti commands, and starts moving closer to the creature lurking in the web.

Sorry, Cyrus. Left you without haste, but you're mobile enough...

Scarab Sages

HP: 76/76 | AC:27 FF: 23 Touch: 13 | Saves: Fort: +7 Ref: +10 Will: +6 (+4 vs enchant) | Init: +4 | CMB: +18 | CMD: 32 | Speed: 20/40 | Perception: +12, Sense Motive +8 | Darkvision 60' |SQ: Evasion On-going effects: Mage armor, shield, barkskin

Kaisharga obeys it's master, suicidal as the instructions may be. Spreading it's translucent wings the eidolon takes flight, and moves to attack Tasutek with unbelievable speed. Appearing almost instanly next to the priest, opens it's mouth wide and lunges to the opponents legs.

Bite, haste: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (6) + 8 = 14 meh...
Trip: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (13) + 8 = 21
Damage: 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4


Dice Rolls | Tactical

Cyrus winds up and throws his Thunderstone at Rovagug. I counted the distance multiple times and I came up with 90'. First 20' no penalty, 20-40, -2; 40-60, -2; 60-80, -2; 80-100, -2. So that should be -6. You attack is 6 to hit AC5, which still hits.

The small alchemical item explodes with a loud "BANG....bang.....bang...."

Tasutek Fort vs DC 15: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (20) + 8 = 28

He shakes off the effect, and looks at Cyrus with a menacing grin.

Miro, and Amaranti both cast aiding spells, while Kaisharga moves forward to bite Tasutek. As the large serpent tries to bit the deranged man, its jaws come into contact with some sort of barrier. Kaisharga can feel evil magic cascade into its body.

Kaisharga Will Save DC 16 + Protection from Evil: 1d20 + 4 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 4 + 2 = 14

The serpent's body immediately goes rigid. Stunned for 1 round

PRD wrote:
Stunned: A stunned creature drops everything held, can't take actions, takes a –2 penalty to AC, and loses its Dexterity bonus to AC (if any).

Cyrus, trying not to look at the grotesque spider-man blob, can't help but stare as it opens its mouth, out issues a horde of tiny spiders. They instantly form into a mass, writhing all over each other. This mass begins to move towards the closest living target, Amaranti.

As the swarm engulfs him, he cries out for help.

Swam Damage: 1d6 ⇒ 5
Amaranti Fort Save vs DC 11: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (8) + 6 = 14

Next Up: Faustus, Lort

Combat Table:

Combat Table - Round 2
Global Conditions: protection from evil
Individual Conditions:
  • Faustus: See invisible, Perceive Clues, Shield of Faith, freedom of movement, Haste, Weapons against evil
  • Ibid: Heroism, Haste, Weapons against evil
  • Amaranti: Heroism, Freedom of Movement, Haste, Weapons against evil
  • Kaisharga: mage armor, Haste
  • Lort: bear's endurance, Haste, Weapons against evil
  • Cyrus: ring of climbing, Invisible

  • Faustus <=
  • Lort <=
  • Tasutek <=
  • Miro <=
  • Amaranti <=
  • Cyrus <=
  • Ibid <=
  • Qlippoth/Swarm <=

Current Conditions: Kaisharga Stunned 1 round; Amaranti -5 hp


Dice Rolls | Tactical

Oh Fudge. Just reread something.

The fumes wafting from the water cause any creature in or adjacent to the water to become sickened for 1 round unless it succeeds at a DC 10 Fortitude save.

DC 10
Faustus Fortitude: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (4) + 8 = 12
Ibid Fortitude: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (13) + 4 = 17
Kaisharga Fortitude: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 2 = 7
Lort Fortitude: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (19) + 12 = 31

Kaisharage is also Sickened.

PRD wrote:
The character takes a –2 penalty on all attack rolls, weapon damage rolls, saving throws, skill checks, and ability checks.

Grand Lodge

Male Half-Orc Level 9, #-2

This could be the worst idea ever, but with the haste...

Lort looks longingly at the potion of swimming and sees his companions beset. It'll take too long to get it, and they're in trouble now! "Let's get this foul thing before it breathes another swarm onto us!"

Lort rushes to the side of the enclosure, loving how fast Amaranti's spell is making him move. He rushes around Amaranti, sizes up the gap, and then passes the swarm to make a running leap at the quipploth. I don't envy that man, I hate swarms!

Acrobatics, running jump, 60ft speed (+12): 1d20 - 5 + 12 ⇒ (16) - 5 + 12 = 23 --> Woo! 20ft long jump in plate mail!

Oh dear, passed a bit too well! I've no idea if it gets an AoO on Lort as he sails past it, but I'm assuming it does! If it is a summoned creature and would like to hit Lort with a natural weapon, though, I haven't hit it yet so protection from evil still stops that.


Dice Rolls | Tactical

Yes it would, make an Acrobatics check DC 10+CMD+penalty in the air so no Dex & If you attempt to move through an enemy’s space and fail the check, you lose the move action and provoke an attack of opportunity. So he would attack you and you would stop at the point in which he threatens. And you just jumped into a web. More to follow,

Grand Lodge

Male Half-Orc Level 9, #-2

I moved next to his space (I've put a line on the map showing Lort's movement), his attempted landing square is in there with a star. Should have taken 10!

Acrobatics to avoid AoO: 1d20 - 5 ⇒ (4) - 5 = -1

Well, that was predictable. ;-)

Grand Lodge

Male NG Human Investigator 3/Ranger (guide) 2/Fighter (archer) 2 - PFS# 141231-2 | HP: 30/55 | AC: 20 (15 Tch, 15 Fl) | CMB: +9, CMD: 26 | F: +7 [+9 for hot/cold conditions], R: +12, W: +4 | Init: +6 | Perc: +9 [+10 find traps], SM: -1 | Speed 30ft | Inspiration: 3/3, Ranger’s Focus: 1/1, Inspired: 1/1, Boots of Speed: 10/10, Folio Re-roll: 1/1 | Spells: endure elements, shield | Active conditions:

@ GM_TheBobJones: Will you allow Ibid to have taken his Mutagen(dexterity) just prior to this fight starting?

Scarab Sages

Male Human (Garundi), Summoner 10, HP: 93/93 | AC: 19[21] FF: 17[19] Touch: 13 | Saves: Fort: +11[+13] Ref: +9[+11] Will: +11[+13] | Perception: +2 SM +0| Init: +2 | CMB: +16 | CMD: 27 | Speed: 30 | Spells 1st: 6/6 2nd: 4/5 3rd: 2/4 4th: 1/1| Wand of MA 39/50(1) | Wand of IH 38 / 50 | Active conditions: heroism 200 min, greater invisibility 10 rounds

I guess Amaranti's fort save was versus poison? He has also take one versus Distraction
Fort save vs distraction DC11: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (8) + 6 = 14

"Icky ants, I hope you die in this heat!"


Dice Rolls | Tactical

Ok Lort first. Good news/bad news.

As Lort launches himself into the air, he first comes into contact with the foul creature's web.

PRD wrote:

Web (Ex)

Creatures with the web ability can use webs to support themselves and up to one additional creature of the same size. In addition, such creatures can throw a web up to eight times per day. This is similar to an attack with a net but has a maximum range of 50 feet, with a range increment of 10 feet, and is effective against targets up to one size category larger than the web spinner. An entangled creature can escape with a successful Escape Artist check or burst the web with a Strength check. Both are standard actions with a DC equal to 10 + 1/2 the creature’s HD + the creature’s Con modifier. Attempts to burst a web by those caught in it take a –4 penalty.

Web spinners can create sheets of sticky webbing up to three times their size. They usually position these sheets to snare flying creatures but can also try to trap prey on the ground. Approaching creatures must succeed on a DC 20 Perception check to notice a web; otherwise they stumble into it and become trapped as though by a successful web attack. Attempts to escape or burst the webbing gain a +5 bonus if the trapped creature has something to walk on or grab while pulling free. Each 5-foot-square section of web has a number of hit points equal to the Hit Dice of the creature that created it and DR 5/—.

A creature can move across its own web at its climb speed and can pinpoint the location of any creature touching its web.

Lort is currently Entangled Please Lockwood him to the square 2 south of the qlippoth

PRD wrote:
Entangled: The character is ensnared. Being entangled impedes movement, but does not entirely prevent it unless the bonds are anchored to an immobile object or tethered by an opposing force. An entangled creature moves at half speed, cannot run or charge, and takes a –2 penalty on all attack rolls and a –4 penalty to Dexterity. An entangled character who attempts to cast a spell must make a concentration check (DC 15 + spell level) or lose the spell.

Lort takes 1 point of acid damage from the web.

As he flies through the air, the hits the web and immediately becomes stuck.

Lort Fort Save DC 10 from being adjacent to the water: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (16) + 12 = 28

@ Armanti I actually used the one save for both since you passed - thanks for your honesty though

@ Ibid My Initial thought was no, we are in round 2, but with the duration of your trek in to the area, the the duration of the mutagen, it is logical - to me at least- that he would have taken it so YES to the mutagen

Faustus up

301 to 350 of 402 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / GMTheBobJones #6–19: Test of Tar Kuata All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.