GM Ladile's TL;DR: A Pathfinder Society Campaign

Game Master Lady Ladile

Current Scenario: #8-07 From the Tome of Righteous Repose

Tome Maps & Handouts | Player Notes | Scenario List | Shared Gear | Spell & AoE Templates


5,551 to 5,569 of 5,569 << first < prev | 102 | 103 | 104 | 105 | 106 | 107 | 108 | 109 | 110 | 111 | 112 | next > last >>
Liberty's Edge

Female Elf Rogue/Alchemist/Skald/Bloodrager/ Occultist (2/1/1/1/1) Init +4 HP 42 AC 19 T 14 FF 15 Fort+3 Ref +8 Will +3 Per +6 Spd 30 (40)

Appraise: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (20) + 6 = 26

Of course, the Totawly AWesome and Stupendous Lil" Hep has the right skill for the right occasion.

And even more skills for all the wrong occasion she can meet (or probably create, because she is after all, an agent of Chaos, Displaced Things (or Thongs, not sure about it), Fluffy Kittens and General Mischeviousness From Here to Eternity (and Heavens).

And, being THAT Awesome, she totawly surpass any expectations, even those you didn't have.

But you can't teach that. Its the Gift of Totawl Awesomeness. Don't be jealous and drink it in, man!

Wow. Groovy.

Of course, you don't know yet what she has saw.

But it's Groovy.

Whatever that means.

Grand Lodge

Tome of Righteous Repose slides

Hep watches Maria perform the simple ritual and begin cleaning the shrine, likely peering over her shoulder and helping the way a kitten “helps” with cleaning up a mess. As Maria bows out, she feels a presence envelop her, as if the ancestors of the Yohanatotsu clan are thankful for her efforts and once more at peace here in this place so far removed from their homeland.

Hep feels the same thing and experiences a groovy vision…

TTALH:
You see the three samurai sisters fighting a final last ditch effort against a horde of undead that seem to be flooding out of the very complex you stand in. Suddenly, one of the sisters falls and is immediately swept up in a wave of black necromantic energy that issues forth from deeper within the tombs. She rises from death, her armor blackened as if blasted by forge fire even as her katana is sheathed in ice. Her sisters cry out a name, “MICHIKO!!” and the vision fades to a blood-red tinged blackness.

The Concordance

HP: 45/45 l AC: 18, T 13, FF 16 l CMD 15 l F +8, R +8, W +7 l Seedpods (12/12), Wings (10 min/day), L1: 5/5, L2: 4/4 l Init +6 l Senses: Perception +12, Darkvision 60 ft., Low-Light Vision I Female NG Vine Leshy Alchemist (Herbalist) 6 l Active Conditions:

Soddy watches the proceedings with interest, but does her best to stay out of the way while those more attuned to the spirit world see to the shrine. She does nod along as Maria explains the proper way to approach a shrine such as this one.

"Each spirit is different, just like each fleshy is different. Different things make them happy."

She also does her best to keep her eyes peeled for any signs of trouble while the others work.

Liberty's Edge

Female Elf Rogue/Alchemist/Skald/Bloodrager/ Occultist (2/1/1/1/1) Init +4 HP 42 AC 19 T 14 FF 15 Fort+3 Ref +8 Will +3 Per +6 Spd 30 (40)

I'm afraid I have some Bad news from the past for you: I witnessed the three samurai sisters fighting an horde of undead. One of them, Michiko, fell. And unfortunatly, she rised again, as a lifeless warrior carryin what seemed to be an ice-covered katana. Well, the blade was ice-covered, not the whole weapon, or she would have had some trouble keeping it in hand.

Dark Archive

HP 39 (-0, +4 to stabilize) | Mods: Many, see profile | LN Elf Zen Empiricist 6 | AC/Tch/FF 18/13/15 (+1 vs. Traps) | CMD 17 (+5 v grapple, talisman?)| F/R/W +7/+12/+10 (Inspiration? Immune to Sleep, +1 vs. Traps, +2 vs. Enchants, +2 & Int? vs. Illusions) | Speed 30ft | Inspiration Pool 8/8, 2 Star Reroll 1/1, Perfect Strike: 3/3, Enduring Scholar 1/1 | Init +5 | Perc: 14+1d6 (+1 vs. traps), SM: 14+1d6

Maria makes some notes and then comments, ”Excellent. Well, not about her. But excellent information to have. Perhaps if she is down here and still cursed we could end that. Also, ice isn’t always slick though so maybe the katana was fully covered in it. It only gets slick at temperatures where it is melting. Does everyone have a good way to mitigate cold damage?”

She moves to start scouting the next area once she is sure everyone is well prepared for things.

Stealth: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (5) + 7 = 12
Perception + Inspiration + Elixir: 1d20 + 14 + 1d6 + 10 ⇒ (9) + 14 + (6) + 10 = 39 (+2 vs. traps)

Grand Lodge

Tome of Righteous Repose slides

Maria leads the way scouting for traps. She’s absolutely certain that there’s nothing unusual here. Absolutely….

She pauses at the sound of flowing water. Peering into a twisting hall, she spots a staircase leading down into dark watery depths. The clear water shifts and swirls, lapping up against the ancient sunken stairs. Exploring further into the water would likely require a specialist team and is likely “beyond the scope” of your instructions.

Proceeding further to the west, your scout finds herself in a long, wide connecting corridor. Several small rooms extend off the sides. Shelves wrap around each side room holding small stone boxes with the bones of fallen warriors. However many of the boxes have been opened, and there are fragments of bone scattered all across the floors.

One of the smaller rooms has a narrow hallway leading south, and there is also a larger gallery visible to the north. At the far southern end of the wide passageway, you see the first room you came into where you encountered the haunt.

Nothing attacks you, nothing surprises you, and there’s nothing much of interest here….

I’ve placed Maria’s token on Slide 7 as a reference to where the party is. Which way? North to the large room, south and west through the narrow hall, or south back into the main entrance hall?

Silver Crusade

active effects:
keen edge, mage armour, barkskin +2
M Dhampir (Ancient Born) Monk (Qinggong Hungry Ghost) 5 / cleric (crusader) 1 | AC 23 T 17 FF 21 | HP 50/50 | F +8 R +7 W +11 | CMD 25 | Init +2 | Perc +13 darkvision 60', lowlight vision | ki 5/6 | kick 5/5 | rest 7/7

"Uh.. I am somewhat inured to the privations of cold weather, having crossed the Crown of the World multiple times... but I have no special protection against supernatural cold.

If we should encounter the fallen samurai, disarming her may be an effective tactic. The Way of the Sleeping Sword says: the blade and the warrior are one.

Now let us bring the light of the Empress of Heaven to this place."

Go north? Don't mind which was we go really.

Dark Archive

HP 39 (-0, +4 to stabilize) | Mods: Many, see profile | LN Elf Zen Empiricist 6 | AC/Tch/FF 18/13/15 (+1 vs. Traps) | CMD 17 (+5 v grapple, talisman?)| F/R/W +7/+12/+10 (Inspiration? Immune to Sleep, +1 vs. Traps, +2 vs. Enchants, +2 & Int? vs. Illusions) | Speed 30ft | Inspiration Pool 8/8, 2 Star Reroll 1/1, Perfect Strike: 3/3, Enduring Scholar 1/1 | Init +5 | Perc: 14+1d6 (+1 vs. traps), SM: 14+1d6

North seems good.

Grand Lodge

N Grippli Shaman 6 | HP 39/39 | AC 19 T 14 FF 16 | CMB +1, CMD 14 | F: +5, R: +7, W: +13 | Init: +3 | Perc: +23, SM: +18, Darkvision 60 ft | Speed 30ft | Spells: 1st 5/5 2nd 5/5 3rd 3/3 | Spirit Magic 1st 1/1 2nd 1/1 3rd 1/1 | *Monstrous Insight 3/3 Teamwork 3/3 | Wandering Spirit: Lore | Active conditions: None

"Some wards against the cold, I have." The Grandfrogger pulls his heavy woolen cloak tighter around his small body as he follows. "But unlimited, it is not. One person, I can protect."

Resist energy will give one person Cold resistance 10. Sadly he can't bump the CL to 7 for twice the resistance. Oh well!

The Concordance

HP: 45/45 l AC: 18, T 13, FF 16 l CMD 15 l F +8, R +8, W +7 l Seedpods (12/12), Wings (10 min/day), L1: 5/5, L2: 4/4 l Init +6 l Senses: Perception +12, Darkvision 60 ft., Low-Light Vision I Female NG Vine Leshy Alchemist (Herbalist) 6 l Active Conditions:

"A little cold is okay but too much makes my daisies wilt. I think it'll be okay though, as long as I keep away from sharp, icy blades. That's usually not too hard."

"Usually."

"Oh! Yes, north is a good direction."
______________

The above is meant as flavor; Soddy doesn't have any cold weakness in a mechanical sense :)

Grand Lodge

Tome of Righteous Repose slides

A quick agreement leads the party north into a long gallery bisected by the entry hall. A wide set of stairs exits the room directly across from where you came in, and a quick glance around reveals a smaller hallway leading south from the shadowed southwestern corner.

A statue of an elven woman with a snake’s body lies crumbled at the east end of the high-ceilinged room. Dozens of fist-sized nooks line the walls near the statue. The nooks themselves hold wax-sealed rolls of parchment containing stories of heroism from the time of the Shining Crusade. Many are written various dialects of Tien, though plenty are also in Common and Elven.

Knowledge Planes DC 17:
The broken statue is a lilend azata, a type of benevolent outsider who chronicles lore and stories. Leaving written tales at such a shrine is a common act in certain cultures. The hope is that the stories would be picked up by historians and bards and thus the acts of bravery told within the scrolls would be immortalized in history.

As you peruse the room and read a few of the stories, someone notices a small bag tucked into the back of one of the nooks. A quick scan and safety check reveals that it contains a pair of magical gloves and three potions.

The Spellcraft DC or Craft Alchemy (for alchemists) for each of the four items is 20. Please roll separately for each.

Potion 1:
remove curse

Potion 2:
remove disease

Potion 3:
remove blindness/deafness

The Concordance

HP: 45/45 l AC: 18, T 13, FF 16 l CMD 15 l F +8, R +8, W +7 l Seedpods (12/12), Wings (10 min/day), L1: 5/5, L2: 4/4 l Init +6 l Senses: Perception +12, Darkvision 60 ft., Low-Light Vision I Female NG Vine Leshy Alchemist (Herbalist) 6 l Active Conditions:

Soddy's archetype allows her to use Profession: Herbalist in place of Craft: Alchemy checks.

Soddy perks up as the cache of potions is revealed and she reaches out her hands for them. "Ancient potions! May I have a look?"

Profession: Herbalist (DC 20): 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (6) + 12 = 18
Profession: Herbalist (DC 20): 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (2) + 12 = 14
Profession: Herbalist (DC 20): 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (17) + 12 = 29

The leshy takes a few moments to swirl each potion around, holding them up to the light to better judge their color and viscosity, before carefully opening each one to have a sniff and a small taste. But alas, she's only able to identify the third potion's function.

"This one is thick and coats the tongue. Slightly bitter, purple in color...it's a potion of Remove Blindness/Deafness."

Liberty's Edge

Female Elf Rogue/Alchemist/Skald/Bloodrager/ Occultist (2/1/1/1/1) Init +4 HP 42 AC 19 T 14 FF 15 Fort+3 Ref +8 Will +3 Per +6 Spd 30 (40)

Being fluent in Tien and Elven (and even, sometimes, in Common!) Hepsubia reads a few scrolls, glances at the statue, and studies the magical objects

Know planes: 1d20 + 6 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (14) + 6 + 2 + 1 = 23
Spellcraft: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (16) + 7 = 23
¨potion 1, alchemy: 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (1) + 15 = 16
potion2, alchemy: 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (6) + 15 = 21

That's a lilend, they are kind of celestial bards, ful of songs and knowledge. Colleagues, in fact. Those are gloves. Magical gloves. Ghostvision gloves. You'll see dead people. Or something like that. Useful to spot ghost, very powerful if you can channel energy, but as long as you wear it, you'll be only able to see the restless dead, not the living. So that's a double-sided hammer. With spikes on it. Not sure with the first potion, but Maria will know, and the second one can remove your diseases.

Dark Archive

HP 39 (-0, +4 to stabilize) | Mods: Many, see profile | LN Elf Zen Empiricist 6 | AC/Tch/FF 18/13/15 (+1 vs. Traps) | CMD 17 (+5 v grapple, talisman?)| F/R/W +7/+12/+10 (Inspiration? Immune to Sleep, +1 vs. Traps, +2 vs. Enchants, +2 & Int? vs. Illusions) | Speed 30ft | Inspiration Pool 8/8, 2 Star Reroll 1/1, Perfect Strike: 3/3, Enduring Scholar 1/1 | Init +5 | Perc: 14+1d6 (+1 vs. traps), SM: 14+1d6

Maria takes a simple sniff and immediately identifies the last potion, ”Remove Curse, useful. Nice to have some free options in case we run across some nasty things in here. I am continually amazed at how long magical items can keep their potency, I can’t find an expiration date on any of these.”

Cant fail the perception check to ID these.

She, of course, logs the locations and information her teammates have discovered.

Silver Crusade

active effects:
keen edge, mage armour, barkskin +2
M Dhampir (Ancient Born) Monk (Qinggong Hungry Ghost) 5 / cleric (crusader) 1 | AC 23 T 17 FF 21 | HP 50/50 | F +8 R +7 W +11 | CMD 25 | Init +2 | Perc +13 darkvision 60', lowlight vision | ki 5/6 | kick 5/5 | rest 7/7

"Wuzzat? Ghostvision?"

Sleeping Sword jerks upright from a slumbering lean, his scabbard flashing into his hand.

"Oh. Curious. I have a very limited ability to harm undead with the light of the Empress of Heaven - usually my blade is superior. Perhaps these gloves could make it worthwhile? But if I cannot see the rest of you then that presents other dangers."

Sleeping Sword has a single 1d6 channel per day (typically converted into a ki point via a channel focus), so probably not worth it. But if they're no use to Zith, I'll carry them tucked into Sleeping Sword's belt so they can be equipped reasonably quickly.

Silver Crusade

active effects:
keen edge, mage armour, barkskin +2
M Dhampir (Ancient Born) Monk (Qinggong Hungry Ghost) 5 / cleric (crusader) 1 | AC 23 T 17 FF 21 | HP 50/50 | F +8 R +7 W +11 | CMD 25 | Init +2 | Perc +13 darkvision 60', lowlight vision | ki 5/6 | kick 5/5 | rest 7/7

Sleeping Sword dons the magic gloves cautiously. Still able to see the living, he concludes that the ghostvision needs specific activation.

Still happy to give them to Zith if they're more likely to be useful to him.

Before going deeper into the dungeon, the old monk focuses his ki.

Ki power: Barkskin, before I forget.

The Concordance

HP: 45/45 l AC: 18, T 13, FF 16 l CMD 15 l F +8, R +8, W +7 l Seedpods (12/12), Wings (10 min/day), L1: 5/5, L2: 4/4 l Init +6 l Senses: Perception +12, Darkvision 60 ft., Low-Light Vision I Female NG Vine Leshy Alchemist (Herbalist) 6 l Active Conditions:

Though Sleeping Sword doesn't give any indications that anything is amiss when he dons the gloves, Soddy feels the need to make sure. She gently tugs on the old monk's sleeve to get his attention.

"Hello! We can see you, can you see us?"

Grand Lodge

Tome of Righteous Repose slides

With nothing else to discover in this long dark chamber, the Pathfinders move…. Where? North, west, or back south?

Dark Archive

HP 39 (-0, +4 to stabilize) | Mods: Many, see profile | LN Elf Zen Empiricist 6 | AC/Tch/FF 18/13/15 (+1 vs. Traps) | CMD 17 (+5 v grapple, talisman?)| F/R/W +7/+12/+10 (Inspiration? Immune to Sleep, +1 vs. Traps, +2 vs. Enchants, +2 & Int? vs. Illusions) | Speed 30ft | Inspiration Pool 8/8, 2 Star Reroll 1/1, Perfect Strike: 3/3, Enduring Scholar 1/1 | Init +5 | Perc: 14+1d6 (+1 vs. traps), SM: 14+1d6

Keep going North, I’d say.

Maria puts the three potions in her haversack if no one else grabs them and begins scouting the next area.

Stealth: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (3) + 7 = 10
Perception + Inspiration + Elixir: 1d20 + 14 + 1d6 + 10 ⇒ (20) + 14 + (5) + 10 = 49 (+2 vs. traps)

5,551 to 5,569 of 5,569 << first < prev | 102 | 103 | 104 | 105 | 106 | 107 | 108 | 109 | 110 | 111 | 112 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / GM Ladile Presents: TL;DR - A Pathfinder Society Campaign All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.