FAWTL Wrath of the Righteous

Game Master Jess Door

Wrath of the Righteous Adventure Path, run with heroically good characters, where right makes might.

Status: ...and here we...GO!


351 to 400 of 452 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>

Male Human (Kellid) Monk 1 [ HP: 14/14 | AC:15 | T:14 | FF:14 ] (Grappled - AC:13, T:12, FF:13)

Knowledge-Religion: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (19) + 4 = 23

The Penitent comes to an abrupt halt in front of the carved symbol. His smile fades as he takes it in, the expression replaced with one of melancholy.

"It is the one who does not understand us, the one who lacks forgiveness," he murmurs, seeming lost in thought.

After a brief moment, his smile returns.

"I forgive him for not forgiving!" he crows happily, seemingly to no one in particular.


As the Penitent moves forward to examine the wall, the buzzing sound that first attracted him starts up again. The sound is in stereo as two gigantic albino flies fly down from the roof of the structure toward the monk!

Initiative, please

MAP


Female Changeling Oracle 1 [HP: 7/9] [AC: 17 | T: 11 | FF: 16] [SR: 7]

Initiative: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 1 = 9

"What is it with all the bugs?!"


Male Human (Kellid) Monk 1 [ HP: 14/14 | AC:15 | T:14 | FF:14 ] (Grappled - AC:13, T:12, FF:13)

Grinning, the Penitent looks up toward the sound of the buzzing.

Initiative: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (20) + 1 = 21

He raises his gnarled hands, curling them into fists. Wiry muscles tense as he briefly crouches then springs toward the creatures.

"I told you it was demons!" he cries out in glee, "I only speak Truth!"


Xion:
can you give me a knowledge(local), knowledge (history), or knowledge (planes) check, please? Whichever has the highest modifier. :)


Female Changeling Oracle 1 [HP: 7/9] [AC: 17 | T: 11 | FF: 16] [SR: 7]

GM:
Planes: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (9) + 5 = 14


Xion:
Deskari, the Lord of Locusts, is the demon lord believed to be in control of the forces pouring out of the Worldwound. Maybe the bugs are a sign of his growing influence in the area? Maybe the old catacombs under Kenabres are just infested with bugs. Who can say for sure?


Female Changeling Oracle 1 [HP: 7/9] [AC: 17 | T: 11 | FF: 16] [SR: 7]

She mutters under her breath, half-growling. "Demon bugs. Yaaaaay."


Female Half-orc Inquisitor 1 (HP 11/11) (AC15/11T/14FF)

initiative: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2

Pbbbtttthp


Female Human (Ustalav) Paladin 1 {Init +0 Perception +0}
HP:
HP 12/13

Init: 1d20 ⇒ 15

"Let us send the demons back to where they belong, whatever form they use."


Spoiler:
1d20 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 71d20 + 3 ⇒ (8) + 3 = 11


Round 1:
The Penitent
Trezsia
Fly
Xion
Fly
Tasnim

(missing my image files - should get them back today. The fly over the black square was a mistake but we'll just say he's climbing on the wall of the building about 10' up. You can attack him with a one handed or two handed melee weapon, or give me a DC 10 Acrobatics roll to reach high enough to smack him with a light or natural weapon. The other one is flying, in the midst of an attack run. He is low enough that nothing special is needed to hit him at this moment.)


Male Human (Kellid) Monk 1 [ HP: 14/14 | AC:15 | T:14 | FF:14 ] (Grappled - AC:13, T:12, FF:13)

The Penitent springs forward, his eyes wild and fever-bright, meeting the flying creature in mid-air as it dives down toward them all.

Initiating Grapple: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (9) + 7 = 16

Staying right where I am currently, initiating grapple on (flat-footed?) bug in H9.


Female Human (Ustalav) Paladin 1 {Init +0 Perception +0}
HP:
HP 12/13

Double move to E9.


(They moved in on their surprise round, so they are not flat-footed, FYI.)


Female Human (Ustalav) Paladin 1 {Init +0 Perception +0}
HP:
HP 12/13

I'll take the chance to allow somebody else in there who might be able to do something this round.


Male Aasimar (Angel-blooded) Cleric 1 {HP 5/10}

Initiative: 1d20 ⇒ 13

On my turn...

Cassander moves in to assist the Penitent.

If I can, I would want to move in to the right of the Penitent and attack the bug. 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (13) + 3 = 16, 1d8 + 3 ⇒ (8) + 3 = 11


The Penitent pounces on the approaching vermin and grapples it, pull8ng it out of the air. Trezsia moves forward to engage the other fly, and Cassander double moves up to help the Penitent with his grappled prey.

The Penitent's fly attacks him with a questing proboscis.

Attack: 1d20 + 2 - 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 - 2 = 2
Damage: 1d6 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 2 = 7

But the Penitent easily fends off the fly's attack.


Xion
Fly
Tasnim
Round 2:
The Penitent
Trezsia
Cassander
Fly

MAP


Female Changeling Oracle 1 [HP: 7/9] [AC: 17 | T: 11 | FF: 16] [SR: 7]

Xion likewise charges after the fly on the west side of the passage.

Double move to E10


Spoiler:
1d2 ⇒ 2

The fly attacks Xion as she approaches.

Attack: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (18) + 2 = 20
Damage: 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2

Its proboscis attaches and deals some damage as it takes a bite out of her!

Xion: Fortitude save, please.

Tasnim
Round 2:
The Penitent
Trezsia
Cassander
Fly
Xion
Fly


Female Changeling Oracle 1 [HP: 7/9] [AC: 17 | T: 11 | FF: 16] [SR: 7]

Fort: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 1 = 8
diiiiiiiiiice


Male Human (Kellid) Monk 1 [ HP: 14/14 | AC:15 | T:14 | FF:14 ] (Grappled - AC:13, T:12, FF:13)

My Turn 2, after Tasnim takes her 1st round action.

Check to Maintain Grapple: 1d20 + 7 + 5 ⇒ (10) + 7 + 5 = 22

The Penitent meets the demon headlong in mid-air, clutching at it wildly. He wraps his wiry arms around the creature, seeking to trap its buzzing wings in his grasp as they both crash down to the floor of the passage in a tangle.

His grip tightens down as he and the creature struggle and thrash, the Penitent howling in glee as he wrenches the creature violently in his grasp.

"Strike now, angel!" he roars to Cassander, "Show this demon what its lies have wrought!"

Applying the Pinned Condition to the bug if the Maintain Check was successful as the result of my Standard Action. Target is denied its Dex bonus (though not flat-footed) and receives an additional -4 to its AC.


Male Aasimar (Angel-blooded) Cleric 1 {HP 5/10}

"I shall smite the foul vermin, although I know not whether it can speak, let alone bear false witness." Cassander brings down his sword upon the begrappled bug.

1d20 + 3 ⇒ (15) + 3 = 18
1d8 + 3 ⇒ (5) + 3 = 8


(NPC) Tasnim and Vitalia stay back with Anevia, Aravashnial and Horgus while the battle rages. Anevia inches forward at the sound of combat, but moves much too slowly to approach this round.

The penitent pins the gigantic wriggling fly to the ground, it's wings moving quickly and making a frustrated buzzing sound as it's six legs thrash against him.


Trezsia
Cassander
Fly
Xion
Fly
Tasnim
Round 3:
The Penitent

MAP


Female Human (Ustalav) Paladin 1 {Init +0 Perception +0}
HP:
HP 12/13

Trézsia swings her two-handed axe with a grunt as she tries to strike the gigantic albino vermin.

Attack!: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (10) + 5 = 15
Damage if hits: 1d10 + 3 ⇒ (10) + 3 = 13


Trezsia strikes a frightfully strong blow against the giant fly hovering over her head, nearly laying it low.

Cassander uses the opportunity the Penitent provides him to slice into the frantically strugging vermin.

The creature struggles against the Penitent's grasp.

Grapple: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (17) + 2 = 19

The creature nearly manages to thrash its way out of the Penitent's pin, but ultimately fails.


Xion
Fly
Tasnim
Round 3:
The Penitent
Trezsia
Cassander
Fly


Female Changeling Oracle 1 [HP: 7/9] [AC: 17 | T: 11 | FF: 16] [SR: 7]

Xion aims to return the favor, bite for bite.

Attack: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7

Swing and a miss!


The bloated, pasty fly turns it's compound eyes toward Trezsia and attacks its tormentor!

Attack: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (11) + 2 = 13
Damage: 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5


Tasnim
Round 3:
The Penitent
Trezsia
Cassander
Fly
Xion
Fly


Male Aasimar (Angel-blooded) Cleric 1 {HP 5/10}

On my turn, assuming the fly is not dead by that time...

Cassander does not let up his assault on the bloated fly.

1d20 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6
1d8 + 3 ⇒ (8) + 3 = 11


(NPC) Tasnim keeps pace with Anevia as she limps forward, bow drawn. Vitalia stays with Aravashnial, who is calling out "What is it? Demons? Do you need me to cast a spell?" and Horgus, who is obviously keeping Vitalia between him and all the commotion.

Round 3:
The Penitent
Trezsia
Cassander
Fly
Xion
Fly
Tasnim


Male Human (Kellid) Monk 1 [ HP: 14/14 | AC:15 | T:14 | FF:14 ] (Grappled - AC:13, T:12, FF:13)

Tightening his grip on the squirming creature, the Penitent savagely twists at the creature's head.

"Repent, and you will be spared, demon! Speak your Truth and absolve yourself in the Dawnflower's Light!" he cries out as he squeezes and pulls, "Repent, or return to your foul dominion!"

Check to maintain Grapple with Pin: 1d20 + 7 + 5 ⇒ (5) + 7 + 5 = 17
(On Pinned target)

If Successful...
Unarmed Strike Damage: 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4


Female Human (Ustalav) Paladin 1 {Init +0 Perception +0}
HP:
HP 12/13

With another mighty swing, the paladin attempts to knock the grotesque being from the air.

Attack!: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (13) + 5 = 18
Damage if hits: 1d10 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6


Trezsia lays her target low, and it falls to the cave floor, twitching. The Penitent squeezes his fly ever tighter, and it's thorax strains as he strikes a blow against it. With no other option, it struggles again, weakening in his grip.

Grapple: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (18) + 2 = 20

It manages to free itself a little from the Penitent's firm grasp. Cassander tries to strike a blow against the vermin, but it's writhing is so frenzied he misses.


Xion
Tasnim
Round 4:
The Penitent
Trezsia
Cassander
Fly


Female Changeling Oracle 1 [HP: 7/9] [AC: 17 | T: 11 | FF: 16] [SR: 7]

Xion, her target taken out, moves over toward the other vermin and makes to cut it down in turn. She spares the force of the attack in favor of accuracy, hoping to prevent the creature from flying away.

Attack: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (12) + 3 = 15
Damage: 1d10 + 5 ⇒ (6) + 5 = 11


Xion steps up and hacks at the fly that has managed to escape the Penitent's pin. Her careful blow cuts its head cleanly off, and a second later it's wriggling ends.

Have to clear up some of the map for you guys. Will post when I can edit the image file!


Male Human (Kellid) Monk 1 [ HP: 14/14 | AC:15 | T:14 | FF:14 ] (Grappled - AC:13, T:12, FF:13)

The Penitent laughs from his crouched position as Xion's blade whistles past him to decapitate the creature.

He looks up at the young woman with a wide smile, his face spattered with viscera.

"And now you have come to my aid, in return!"

He scratches at his beard, auburn tinged with grey, then shrugs.

"It does not feel so long..."

With that, he springs lithely to his feet, looking around happily at the rest of the gathered party.

"We are victorious once again, in the face of the demonic hordes!"


Female Changeling Oracle 1 [HP: 7/9] [AC: 17 | T: 11 | FF: 16] [SR: 7]

The changeling grins at the energetic man and shakes her head amusedly. "Everyone alright?" she asks, glancing around, then takes a moment to examine her own wounds.


Female Human (Ustalav) Paladin 1 {Init +0 Perception +0}
HP:
HP 12/13

"Hordes? The hordes are back on the surface, not these miserable creatures," Trézsia says mournfully, "Let us proceed. Er, once everyone is capable." She eyes Xion's wounds.


Male Human (Kellid) Monk 1 [ HP: 14/14 | AC:15 | T:14 | FF:14 ] (Grappled - AC:13, T:12, FF:13)

The Penitent looks at Trézsia with wide eyes and an even wider grin.

"Yes, there are more! More that will face our holy redemption, more that will be shown Truth! There is no time to waste!"

With that, the Penitent springs forward, moving happily forward into the encroaching gloom of the leftmost tunnel.

"Follow me, I will find the way!"


Male Aasimar (Angel-blooded) Cleric 1 {HP 5/10}

Cassander endeavors to keep up with the manic monk.


The structure inside this cave, though a little rough and squat, appears to be intact, with a door on the side.

MAP


Female Human (Ustalav) Paladin 1 {Init +0 Perception +0}
HP:
HP 12/13

"Hey! HEY! Don't go running off! We need to protect the wounded," Trézsia calls forlornly after the bug-squeezing fanatic.


(NPC)Vitalia and Tasnim escort Aravashnial and Horgus into the room. Anevia stays planted in place, staring at the large hammer on the front of this strange underground building.

I'll update the map later. :)


lots of tech problems this weekend - ftp won't allow me to upload a file. All I was going to change was moving the NPCs in close - please feel free to do something if you wish.


Male Aasimar (Angel-blooded) Cleric 1 {HP 5/10}

Cassander looks over the features of the structure. "I would not expect to see construction in this cavern. I cannot imagine that anything wholesome would live down here." He listens at the door for signs of habitation.

Perception: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (15) + 3 = 18


2 people marked this as a favorite.

Yay! FTP fixed!

MAP

Cassander listens carefully at the door, but fails to hear anything unusual.


Male Human (Kellid) Monk 1 [ HP: 14/14 | AC:15 | T:14 | FF:14 ] (Grappled - AC:13, T:12, FF:13)

The Penitent looks back, slowing as he realizes that his companions seem distracted by something.

"But...but there are more demons to find..." he calls out, sounding slightly disappointed. He gives one last look down the dim passageway he had been navigating before finally jogging back toward the others.

"Is this the way?" he calls out happily, smiling once more, peering toward the door from over Trézsia's shoulder as if noticing the potential passage for the first time.

Moving to E9ish behind Trézsia, if the square is possible to occupy. If not, then I'll stay where I currently am on the map.

Perception: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (17) + 7 = 24


Male Aasimar (Angel-blooded) Cleric 1 {HP 5/10}

"I do not hear anything, but we should be cautious nonetheless," Cassander says, his fingers on the hilt of his blade.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Male Human (Kellid) Monk 1 [ HP: 14/14 | AC:15 | T:14 | FF:14 ] (Grappled - AC:13, T:12, FF:13)

The Penitent nods solemnly. "Cautious, yes," he murmurs.

He then brushes lithely past the angelic man, gripping the door and attempting to wildly wrench it open.


The Penitent, hearing and seeing nothing unusual as he examines the door, reaches to open it. It opens easily, revealing amazing construction. The door is heavy stone, and the cobwebs and dust on the place indicates it has been abandoned for a very long time, but it's easy swing indicates it was exceedingly well made and perfectly balanced. Inside, there is revealed a small nave. A few feet in the wall breaks into an open doorway that leads into some other room, and at the end of the nave there appears to be a basin. The dust and cobwebs in here indicate that nothing has moved within these wall in quite a long time.

Map will be updated tonight


Male Aasimar (Angel-blooded) Cleric 1 {HP 5/10}

Cassander moves into the room carefully, peering into the darkness with his supernatural sight. He approaches far enough to look through the doorway into the next room, always on the lookout for possible dangers.

351 to 400 of 452 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / FAWTL Wrath of the Righteous All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.