FAWTL Wrath of the Righteous

Game Master Jess Door

Wrath of the Righteous Adventure Path, run with heroically good characters, where right makes might.

Status: ...and here we...GO!


251 to 300 of 452 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>

Female Half-orc Inquisitor 1 (HP 11/11) (AC15/11T/14FF)

"Oh, for.." Tasnim sighs and thinks a moment.

"We'd have seen it if it doubled back through here. This tunnel must loop. If we hurry, we may catch it from behind!" She sprints off, continuing down the tunnel.

Double move 60'; I believe that gets her to M6


Female Changeling Oracle 1 [HP: 7/9] [AC: 17 | T: 11 | FF: 16] [SR: 7]

Xion simply nods and bolts after Tasnim, keeping up as best she can.

Double move 40' to P10


Female Human (Ustalav) Paladin 1 {Init +0 Perception +0}
HP:
HP 12/13

Trézsia reverses course.

Double move 20' to the NE corner of R6.


Male Human (Kellid) Monk 1 [ HP: 14/14 | AC:15 | T:14 | FF:14 ] (Grappled - AC:13, T:12, FF:13)

The Penitent grins as he emerges into the light near the winged man.

At the panicked cries coming from behind him, however, he whirls back the way he came and pauses to listen. He starts first back into the darkness, then looks to the other tunnel where the woman with the dual-colored eyes dashed off.

He moves to follow her, then looks back to the darkened tunnel from which he originally emerged from to reach his present location.

Finally, he stands in place, crying out and shaking his scarred fists.

"You vex me with your puzzles, demon, but I will defeat this conundrum you have set before me, the light of Truth will prevail!"

Delaying my actions


Notes:
1d20 + 11 ⇒ (17) + 11 = 28

Trezsia moves through the darkness, toward the cried she hears for help. Xion and Tasnim move forward quickly at the cry from their injured companions. Vitalia moves in front of Anevia, her sword held at the ready as she peers into the dim light before her. The Penitent holds himself ready, tryhing to determine the best direction to go.

Xion and Tasnim, Perception checks, please?


Cassander
Round 6:
Cockroach 1
Trezsia
Xion
Vitalia
Tasnim
The Penitent

MAP


Female Half-orc Inquisitor 1 (HP 11/11) (AC15/11T/14FF)

Perception: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (5) + 6 = 11


Female Changeling Oracle 1 [HP: 7/9] [AC: 17 | T: 11 | FF: 16] [SR: 7]

Perception: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (7) + 3 = 10


Tasnim and Xion do their best to keep a sharp eye and ear out, but don't know for sure where the vermin is - they just know it is not in the open before them.


Male Aasimar (Angel-blooded) Cleric 1 {HP 5/10}

Cassander perks up at once and rushes back to the others.

Double move to SE corner of S5.


Cassander makes his way back towards the noise, plunging the Penitent into darkness once more. His sharp ears hear more shouts and sounds of battle echoing through the caves.

Spoiler:
Vitalia attacks: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (14) + 4 = 18
1d8 + 3 ⇒ (6) + 3 = 9

Cockroach 1 attacks: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5
1d4 ⇒ 3

"Got it," Vitalia calls out prosaically from Anevia's little circle of light.

Combat over. :)

MAP


Female Changeling Oracle 1 [HP: 7/9] [AC: 17 | T: 11 | FF: 16] [SR: 7]

"Good, gods." Xion relaxes slightly, then continues ahead on the path, emerging back into the first chamber then following the path back around toward the area where the roaches first attacked.


Recap of cavern where the cockroaches attacked:
The smaller cavern appears to have once served as a campsite or temporary lair. A torn bedroll lies next to the cold remains of a fire. A pile of bones, broken equipment and rubble lies just past the campsite, disappearing into the darkness of the cavern. The fire appears to have been out for some time - the fireplace looks to be relatively fresh, but you detect no trace of heat or light from it. The cockroaches emerged from the debris pile.


Female Human (Ustalav) Paladin 1 {Init +0 Perception +0}
HP:
HP 12/13

Is the darkness gone yet?


Male Human (Kellid) Monk 1 [ HP: 14/14 | AC:15 | T:14 | FF:14 ] (Grappled - AC:13, T:12, FF:13)

The Penitent cries out happily at the confirmation of the end of the conflict from the warrior woman.

"We are victorious, the demons are slain!"

After a moment, he calls out again from the darkness, his voice still quite enthusiastic.

"I see nothing, along this way!"


The darkness takes a bit of time to clear up, but you are able to make your way out of it with little trouble. The party can keep light going by travelling the long way around, or you can wait for the spell to fade.


Male Aasimar (Angel-blooded) Cleric 1 {HP 5/10}

"Somebody was here before us, although I do not know how long ago that was." Cassander looks around the campsite for any signs of who was here.

Perception: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7


Cassander can easily see a torn bedroll in the corner, along with three candle stubs, a bent fishhook and 10 feet of badly frayed hemp rope.

You are not in combat, and can take 20 if you wish on perception checks


Male Aasimar (Angel-blooded) Cleric 1 {HP 5/10}

I will take 20. Was the frayed rope used to bind someone, or perhaps was someone climbing and it snapped?


Cassander, examining the rope carefully, notes that it appears to be a very old piece of rope that has been long used, and the broken end is roughly frayed instead of cut off sharply.

While searching the abandoned camp carefully, Cassander finds a brooch depicting a bat perched on a mushroom. Both of the bat's eyes are some sort of purple facets.


Male Aasimar (Angel-blooded) Cleric 1 {HP 5/10}

Cassander shares his findings with the rest of the group. "This is most puzzling," he muses.


Female Changeling Oracle 1 [HP: 7/9] [AC: 17 | T: 11 | FF: 16] [SR: 7]

Xion examines the brooch, seeing if she can recognize the emblem. Perhaps it's a/n un/holy symbol?

Religion: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (15) + 5 = 20


Male Human (Kellid) Monk 1 [ HP: 14/14 | AC:15 | T:14 | FF:14 ] (Grappled - AC:13, T:12, FF:13)

The Penitent calls out from the darkness ahead, "All puzzles lead to Truth!"

His jovial laughter echoes through the caverns.


Female Human (Ustalav) Paladin 1 {Init +0 Perception +0}
HP:
HP 12/13

"I'm sure plenty of people explore caves, but our business is to get back up to the fighting. With what happened, well... the hordes of the Worldwound must be out. They have to be stopped before they sweep across the land. Please, let us continue to seek a way out. This is no time for mysteries," Trézsia pleads passionately.


Xion examines the little figure, but doesn't recognize any gods, or demonic or celestial lords that use the symbol. It is well made, and the little purple gems could be cut glass or gems, it is hard to tell without a practiced eye.

"Yes, yes," Horgus dusts himself off and speaks in a brusque voice, "I agree with our heavily armored friend here. We should move on, with all speed." He peers curiously at the little figure.

Spoiler:
Appraise: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (16) + 10 = 26

"Oh my! That's actually...quite valuable. Those are nice little amethysts - no glass or crystal catches the light in such a way. I believe I'd pay about 200 gold for such if it came to me to be sold. Strange, though. Bats and mushrooms. Not a very inspiring motif, hm?" Horgus blinks owlishly around at the group, his interest in the brooch helping him forget his fearful foray into magical darkness only a few moments before.

"My sword will go dark again soon - and I'm afraid I am no natural spellcaster, to keep it going indefinitely," Anevia offers softly as she retrieves her bow from the ground. "But I can do it twice more today, if necessary."

"Describe this gemmed brooch to me! I'm sure with my extensive studies of the area, I'll be able to tell you more! A bat, you say? A mushroom? Most strange. Are you sure it's a mushroom and not a house or church or something? Maybe it's not a bat, but a dragon. Yes! That sounds much more interesting!" Aravashnial offers.


Female Changeling Oracle 1 [HP: 7/9] [AC: 17 | T: 11 | FF: 16] [SR: 7]

"It's not a divine symbol, holy or profane," Xion offers. "At least not one of which I've heard or seen."

She nods to Trezsia and, slightly more reluctantly, Horgus. "As do I. Let's keep moving. We can discuss the trinket as we walk."


Male Aasimar (Angel-blooded) Cleric 1 {HP 5/10}

Cassander nods seriously and continues through the tunnel.


As Cassander moves slowly ahead, he sees the narrow path before him open into another cavern of unknown size. As he peers ahead, he can see a few small heaps of rock, and some dirt falling onto the floor from above.

MAP


Male Human (Kellid) Monk 1 [ HP: 14/14 | AC:15 | T:14 | FF:14 ] (Grappled - AC:13, T:12, FF:13)

The Penitent grins at the restored light, looking happily to his companions before following in the winged man's wake.


Male Aasimar (Angel-blooded) Cleric 1 {HP 5/10}

"Be careful. Something stirs ahead." Cassander draws his sword as he proceeds.


Female Human (Ustalav) Paladin 1 {Init +0 Perception +0}
HP:
HP 12/13

"It will be difficult to tell what is a live creature from settling rocks and debris for a while, I fear," Trézsia replies, drawing her glaive and moving forward. Double move to Y6.


Spoiler:
1d20 + 9 ⇒ (9) + 9 = 18

Trezsia steps forward, keeping an eye out for danger and her weapon ready.

Trezsia, perception check please.

MAP


Female Human (Ustalav) Paladin 1 {Init +0 Perception +0}
HP:
HP 12/13

Perception: 1d20 ⇒ 19


Trezsia sees movement in the back corner of the cave, and as she focuses on a larger pile of rocks, she sees the squirming form of two large pale serpents writhing agitatedly between the stones!

Initiative, please!

Initiative: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (6) + 5 = 11


Female Human (Ustalav) Paladin 1 {Init +0 Perception +0}
HP:
HP 12/13

Init: 1d20 ⇒ 18


Male Aasimar (Angel-blooded) Cleric 1 {HP 5/10}

Initiative: 1d20 ⇒ 7

With his sword already drawn, Cassander is alert and jumps to Trezsia's side at the first sign of danger.


Female Changeling Oracle 1 [HP: 7/9] [AC: 17 | T: 11 | FF: 16] [SR: 7]

Init: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5


Male Human (Kellid) Monk 1 [ HP: 14/14 | AC:15 | T:14 | FF:14 ] (Grappled - AC:13, T:12, FF:13)

Initiative: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (9) + 1 = 10


Female Half-orc Inquisitor 1 (HP 11/11) (AC15/11T/14FF)

Initiative!: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 7


Round 1:
Trezsia
Cave Snakes
Penitent
Tasnim
Cassander
Xion
NPCs

Your turn, Trezsia!


Female Human (Ustalav) Paladin 1 {Init +0 Perception +0}
HP:
HP 12/13

Not sure exactly where the snakes are, but if I can see them, perhaps I can charge the nearest one? And I specified drawing her glaive, which she doesn't have. I meant scythe.

Charge!

Atk w/charge: 1d20 + 3 + 2 ⇒ (17) + 3 + 2 = 22
dmg if hits: 2d4 + 3 ⇒ (3, 3) + 3 = 9

Trézsia does not hesitate, not even to coordinate her attack, but dashes forward to cleave the nearest snake.


Trezsia charges forward and rips through one agitated snake with a deadly blow, badly injuring it.

The two snakes slither forward and attack her.

Snake 1 attack: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (14) + 2 = 16
Snake 1 damage: 1d4 - 1 ⇒ (4) - 1 = 3
Snake 2 attack: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 2 = 10
Snake 2 damage: 1d4 - 1 ⇒ (4) - 1 = 3

But both miss.

MAP


Penitent
Tasnim
Cassander
Xion
NPCs
Round 2:
Trezsia
Cave Snakes


Male Human (Kellid) Monk 1 [ HP: 14/14 | AC:15 | T:14 | FF:14 ] (Grappled - AC:13, T:12, FF:13)

Double move, which should take me 10ft directly behind Trézsia.


Female Changeling Oracle 1 [HP: 7/9] [AC: 17 | T: 11 | FF: 16] [SR: 7]

Double move forward as well. Xion won't move fast enough to get into the melee this round, regardless of where everyone's position is by the time her initiative comes up =)


Female Half-orc Inquisitor 1 (HP 11/11) (AC15/11T/14FF)

Tasnim will stay back with the wounded, sword at the ready for anything that gets past the others.


Male Aasimar (Angel-blooded) Cleric 1 {HP 5/10}

I thought I had moved into the room. If not, I double move to get to the fray.


Cassander, Xion and the Penitent move in to join the battle, as Tasnim draws steel to protect the wounded with Vitalia

MAP


Round 2:
Trezsia
Cave Snakes
Penitent
Tasnim
Cassander
Xion
NPCs


Female Human (Ustalav) Paladin 1 {Init +0 Perception +0}
HP:
HP 12/13

Trèzsia sidesteps out of the way of others who might wish to join in, and continues attacking.

5' southeast to the top left corner of square 7. Attack injured snake.
scythe: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (8) + 3 = 11
dmgifhits: 2d4 + 3 ⇒ (1, 2) + 3 = 6


Trezsia steps around the snakes and attacks the injured one, but misses. The cold blooded creatures single-mindedly attack the most obvious target.

Snake 1 Attack: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (16) + 2 = 18
Snake 1 Damange: 1d4 - 1 ⇒ (2) - 1 = 1
Snake 2 Attack: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (14) + 2 = 16
Snake 2 Damange: 1d4 - 1 ⇒ (1) - 1 = 0

One just manages to find a weak spot in her armor, though the other's attack is harmless. Trezsia's blood burns where the creature's fangs sink home.

Fortitude save please, Trezsia.

MAP


Penitent
Tasnim
Cassander
Xion
NPCs
Round 3:
Trezsia
Cave Snakes


Female Human (Ustalav) Paladin 1 {Init +0 Perception +0}
HP:
HP 12/13

Snake 1 meets for 1.

Spoiler:
HP 12/13


Male Human (Kellid) Monk 1 [ HP: 14/14 | AC:15 | T:14 | FF:14 ] (Grappled - AC:13, T:12, FF:13)

The Penitent's eyes grow wide at the sight of the creatures.

"Demons!" he howls as he springs forward into combat, "Your redemption is at hand...my hands...two hands! Two fists, even!"

Moving with a swift and lithe grace, he dances around the wild melee, maneuvering directly across from Trézsia and her whirling scythe.

With the creatures writhing between them, he strikes, swinging a scarred and gnarled fist at one of the demons.

Moving diagonally up into square 5, then back down into a flanking position directly across from Trézsia, into square 6. Attacking the flanked snake.

Attack + Flank bonus: 1d20 + 3 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 3 + 2 = 6
Damage: 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (6) + 3 = 9

251 to 300 of 452 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / FAWTL Wrath of the Righteous All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.