DM RichD's Giantslayer Campaign

Game Master Briccone

GiantSlayer Book 3: Forge of the Giant God
Part 2: Minderhal's Valley

The heroes make their way through the remote valley where the Storm Tyrant is gathering his army, facing a variety of giants and other beasts. Along the way, they have the opportunity to gather the components necessary for relighting the sacred forge in the Cathedral of Minderhal.


3,251 to 3,300 of 3,688 << first < prev | 61 | 62 | 63 | 64 | 65 | 66 | 67 | 68 | 69 | 70 | 71 | next > last >>

LG Male Dwarf fighter 4 / paladin 4 (HP 112 AC:23 T:10 F:23 Saves F:+13 R:+4 W:+8 +1 Will vs. fear, +2 vs. poison, spells, and spell-like abilities CMB:+12 CMD:22 Init:+0 Perc: +13)

Rask looks at Khari and shakes his head, "I am thinking the opposite. Perhaps if we talk to her, we can find out what is going on and end this without more bloodshed."

He pauses for a second, "however, I am not adverse to putting her down if speech doesn't work."


NG Male Dwarf Fighter 8 HP:100/104 AC: 22 TCH: 12 FF: 21 CMD: 24 (+4 vs giants, +4 vs AOOs, +1 vs Disarm/Sunder) | F+9*, R+5*, W+3*

Kiln shrugs, and quietly says, "we can have whatever plan you all want, but we can only implement one at a time."


Male HP: 76/76 AC: 20,15,15 saves F:6, R:12, W:5,+2 vs. poison, spells, and spell-like, perception +13, stealth +16 Init:+5 (+2 in mountains); Rng 6 Rog 2

Kurag looks at Khari with hope. Perhaps you can try speaking to her as I agree with Rask. If this is all some misunderstanding because of a jilted love then we need to get to solve that and not just kill her. We can still prepare to be attacked but I will not be the one to draw first blood on her.


NARRATOR CoT Map / GS Map / SS MAP/

So it seems like you want to parlay. Is that correct?

Scarab Sages

Dwarf Male Wizard 6/Monk 1 | Stunning Fist 1/1 | Spells 4/4/4/3 | Conj Spells -/1/1/1 | Bonded Spell | 6/6 Acid Darts | |Filth Fever | Flaming Sphere (4 uses remain) HP 51/51 | AC 14(T 13 FF 13) | CMD 15 | Saves 7/4/9 | Init 0 | Perception 10

Looks like we're talking our way through this one.


NG Male Dwarf Fighter 8 HP:100/104 AC: 22 TCH: 12 FF: 21 CMD: 24 (+4 vs giants, +4 vs AOOs, +1 vs Disarm/Sunder) | F+9*, R+5*, W+3*

At least that’s Plan A!


LG Male Dwarf fighter 4 / paladin 4 (HP 112 AC:23 T:10 F:23 Saves F:+13 R:+4 W:+8 +1 Will vs. fear, +2 vs. poison, spells, and spell-like abilities CMB:+12 CMD:22 Init:+0 Perc: +13)

Yup. At least at first.


Male HP: 76/76 AC: 20,15,15 saves F:6, R:12, W:5,+2 vs. poison, spells, and spell-like, perception +13, stealth +16 Init:+5 (+2 in mountains); Rng 6 Rog 2

yes, then kill if she provokes


Female Dwarf Cleric of Dranngvit 8 | AC 19 T 10 FF 19 | HP 49/72| Fort + 8 Ref + 2 Will + 11 | Init -1 | Perc +4 Channel 2/4
Spells Cast:
Holy smite, bouncing hold person, remove fear, prayer, hold person
Tracked resources:
Command: 7/7 left; Strength Surge: 6/7 left

Khari offers a nod and cracks her knuckles. "Alright then, hopefully I'll have more luck with her than my own daughters." Khari lets out a laugh, moving to the front of the group.


NARRATOR CoT Map / GS Map / SS MAP/

This large chamber appears to have recently undergone a renovation. A broken wall partially blocks a dark alcove to the northwest, surrounded by broken bricks and scattered debris. A circular niche on the opposite side of the room to the southeast holds a raised table. In the center of the room, three beds have been crammed together beneath a single huge bearskin bedspread. South of the beds, a massive floor-to-ceiling mirror stands against the wall, and a large dust-covered armoire hunkers between two sets of doors along the northeast wall.

Two Powerfully built and standing nearly 8 feet tall female orcs are in the northern part of the room with two dire wolves beside each of them.

In the southeastern alcove stands a huge giantess sobbong.

Who disturbs me? I wanted no interruptions! The two orc bodyguards reach for their weapons at the sight of the well-armed and armored dwarves standing before them. Only the sight of Droja, the concubine of their leader, General Karrguk, stays their hand. At once they let out a startled Dwarves?!

As you enter the room, you feel an aura of sadness in the room. DC16 Will save. If pass nothing, if fail, then target is afflicted with persistent feeling of great sadness and takes a –2 penalty on attack rolls, saving throws, ability checks, skill checks, and weapon damage rolls, as crushing despair.

Droja Will Save DC 16: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (17) + 7 = 24

If someone wants to RP Droja during this encounter, feel free. Add +4 to diplomacy/intimidate/bluff when dealing with the orcs, +2 to Grenseldek

Droja:

Female half-orc oracle 7 (Pathfinder RPG Advanced Player’s
Guide 42)
CN Medium humanoid (human, orc)
Init +0; Senses darkvision 60 ft.; Perception +10
DEFENSE
AC 19, touch 13, flat-footed 19 (+6 armor, +3 deflection)
hp 68 (7d8+33)
Fort +5, Ref +3, Will +7
Defensive Abilities orc ferocity
OFFENSE
Speed 30 ft.
Melee +1 longspear +5 (1d8/×3)
Ranged dart +5 (1d4–1)
Oracle Spells Known (CL 7th; concentration +11)
3rd (5/day)—animate dead, bestow curse (DC 17), cure
serious wounds, summon monster III
2nd (7/day)—aid, augury, cure moderate wounds, false life,
hold person (DC 16)
1st (7/day)—bane (DC 15), bless, cause fear (DC 15), cure
light wounds, deathwatch, doom (DC 15), shield of faith
0 (at will)—bleed (DC 14), detect magic, detect poison,
guidance, mending, read magic, stabilize
Mystery bones
TACTICS
Before Combat Droja casts false life every day. Before combat,
she conjures her armor of bones and casts shield of faith.
During Combat Droja prefers to use her spells to assist her
allies. Against foes attacking her directly, Droja summons
allies with summon monster III, then uses bestow curse,
hold person, or her death’s touch ability against foes.
Morale Droja attempts to flee or surrender if reduced to fewer
than 18 hit points.
STATISTICS
Str 8, Dex 10, Con 14, Int 12, Wis 13, Cha 18
Base Atk +5; CMB +4; CMD 17
Feats Alertness, Brew Potion, Combat Casting, Toughness
Skills Bluff +10, Heal +10, Intimidate +14, Knowledge (local) +5,
Knowledge (religion) +8, Perception +10, Sense Motive +10,
Spellcraft +8, Stealth +8
Languages Common, Giant, Orc
SQ oracle’s curse (clouded vision), orc blood, revelations (armor
of bones, death’s touch, voice of the grave)
Combat Gear potion of cure serious wounds, potion of
invisibility, wand of remove curse (9 charges), holy
water (2); Other Gear +1 longspear, darts (4), cloak of
resistance +1, spell component pouch, fortune-telling bones
(worth 25 gp), two onyxes (worth 100 gp each), 93 gp

Tactical Map has been updated


LG Male Dwarf fighter 4 / paladin 4 (HP 112 AC:23 T:10 F:23 Saves F:+13 R:+4 W:+8 +1 Will vs. fear, +2 vs. poison, spells, and spell-like abilities CMB:+12 CMD:22 Init:+0 Perc: +13)

Rask; Will save: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (14) + 6 = 20
Rask; Intimidate: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (17) + 10 = 27

Rask looks at the giantess and says calmly and in a non threatening manner, "Khari and Droja wish to speak to you."

He then looks harshly at the guards, and smacking Agrimmosh in his hands, "lower your weapons, curb the wolves and you will live to see another day."Intimidate


NG Male Dwarf Fighter 8 HP:100/104 AC: 22 TCH: 12 FF: 21 CMD: 24 (+4 vs giants, +4 vs AOOs, +1 vs Disarm/Sunder) | F+9*, R+5*, W+3*

Will: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (11) + 3 = 14 Doh!

Kiln feels very depressed.


Male HP: 76/76 AC: 20,15,15 saves F:6, R:12, W:5,+2 vs. poison, spells, and spell-like, perception +13, stealth +16 Init:+5 (+2 in mountains); Rng 6 Rog 2

Will save 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (10) + 3 = 13 +2 if dwarven resistance applies

Kurag enters the room and feels overwhelmed with sorrow. For some reason he shares an immediate empathy for the giantess. What is the matter with this place? It feels like every good thought gets sucked out of you. Is this why you weep so?

Diplomacy aid 1d20 - 2 ⇒ (18) - 2 = 16

Scarab Sages

Dwarf Male Wizard 6/Monk 1 | Stunning Fist 1/1 | Spells 4/4/4/3 | Conj Spells -/1/1/1 | Bonded Spell | 6/6 Acid Darts | |Filth Fever | Flaming Sphere (4 uses remain) HP 51/51 | AC 14(T 13 FF 13) | CMD 15 | Saves 7/4/9 | Init 0 | Perception 10

Will Save: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (2) + 8 = 10
This is worse than BB thought. It feels... terrible.

"Why are you cryin'? You didn't come all this way to weep your days away. Tell us... tell us what's going on here."

Diplomacy: 1d20 - 2 ⇒ (12) - 2 = 10


NG Male Dwarf Fighter 8 HP:100/104 AC: 22 TCH: 12 FF: 21 CMD: 24 (+4 vs giants, +4 vs AOOs, +1 vs Disarm/Sunder) | F+9*, R+5*, W+3*

Ohhhh, if dwarven resistances apply, my +2 gives me 16!


NARRATOR CoT Map / GS Map / SS MAP/

Nope. No dwarven resistances. It made my DM heart giddy that Kurag again failed his will save for a haunt. Sorry Kurag! Between you and Tal I think you are 3 for 3! <CHUCKLE, CHUCKLE>


Male HP: 76/76 AC: 20,15,15 saves F:6, R:12, W:5,+2 vs. poison, spells, and spell-like, perception +13, stealth +16 Init:+5 (+2 in mountains); Rng 6 Rog 2

Yeah haunts are my bane apparently. And I wonder why I don’t want to enter any more rooms in CoT. At least I am not trying to kill anyone right now lol.


NARRATOR CoT Map / GS Map / SS MAP/

Will wait on Khari's action before moving forward.


Female Dwarf Cleric of Dranngvit 8 | AC 19 T 10 FF 19 | HP 49/72| Fort + 8 Ref + 2 Will + 11 | Init -1 | Perc +4 Channel 2/4
Spells Cast:
Holy smite, bouncing hold person, remove fear, prayer, hold person
Tracked resources:
Command: 7/7 left; Strength Surge: 6/7 left

Walking confidentially into the room, Khari spares a confused glance at her allies as they begin weeping. "Aye, yes. We're dwarves, but I've heard that your leader may need advice on troubles of the heart." Rolling up her sleeves, Khari shows no aggressive motive. "I'm not after any bloodshed, so let's talk this over?" she responds in Orcish, waiting to see what the bodyguards will do.

Will Save: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (17) + 10 = 27
Diplomacy: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (11) + 10 = 21


NARRATOR CoT Map / GS Map / SS MAP/

The sobbing stops. Dwarves? Tis was a group of dwarves that stopped me raid. It was a group of dwarves that plundered my ancestor's tomb for themselves. The treasure inside was to be my dowry. No dowry, no marriage to my beloved, the Storm Tyrant Volstus!

She then turns to regard you. Her eyes stop on Rask and Agrimmosh. My ancestor was said to wield a weapon just like that!

I forget who is wearing the armor...

Not only are you dwarves, but it seems like you are the same dwarves that stopped my raid and plundered my dowry!

Her voice then rises to a shrill, You ruined my life and you want to talk?

KILL THEM! BUT HE she points to Rask IS MINE!!!!

Initiative:

BB Beetle: 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (12) + 0 = 12
Khari Dronwoth: 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (6) + 0 = 6
Kiln Redaxe: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (9) + 1 = 10
Kurag Urlot III: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 = 5
Rask Hammersong: 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (20) + 0 = 20
Grenseldek: 1d20 - 2 ⇒ (15) - 2 = 13
Grenseldek Bodyguard 1: 1d20 ⇒ 11
Grenseldek Bodyguard 2: 1d20 ⇒ 1
Nibble: 1d20 ⇒ 11
Scar: 1d20 ⇒ 20
Fang: 1d20 ⇒ 17
Furball: 1d20 ⇒ 7

Round 1
Rask Hammersong 20(84/84)
Scar 20(37/37)
Fang 17(37/37)
Grenseldek 13(118/118)
BB Beetle 12(44/44)
Grenseldek Bodyguard 1 11(56/56)
Nibble 11(37/37)
Kiln Redaxe 10(90/90)
Furball 7(37/37)
Khari Dronwoth 6(54/54)
Kurag Urlot III 5(56/56)
Grenseldek Bodyguard 2 1(56/56)

Up First: Rask


NG Male Dwarf Fighter 8 HP:100/104 AC: 22 TCH: 12 FF: 21 CMD: 24 (+4 vs giants, +4 vs AOOs, +1 vs Disarm/Sunder) | F+9*, R+5*, W+3*

"Right! Plan B then?"


Male HP: 76/76 AC: 20,15,15 saves F:6, R:12, W:5,+2 vs. poison, spells, and spell-like, perception +13, stealth +16 Init:+5 (+2 in mountains); Rng 6 Rog 2

Kurag smiles rather grimly, Sounds about right. At least we tried. Either that or plan C and we wed her to Rask? Kurag smiles more easily at that notion.

Really, the rogue gets a 1 on init roll!?! How pitiful!

Also is Droja helping us in this fight?

Scarab Sages

Dwarf Male Wizard 6/Monk 1 | Stunning Fist 1/1 | Spells 4/4/4/3 | Conj Spells -/1/1/1 | Bonded Spell | 6/6 Acid Darts | |Filth Fever | Flaming Sphere (4 uses remain) HP 51/51 | AC 14(T 13 FF 13) | CMD 15 | Saves 7/4/9 | Init 0 | Perception 10

BB sighs. "Kind of ironic when you put it that way..." he laughs softly. "That letter made it pretty clear though- I don't think the dowry's your problem. Maybe it's your short temper?"


LG Male Dwarf fighter 4 / paladin 4 (HP 112 AC:23 T:10 F:23 Saves F:+13 R:+4 W:+8 +1 Will vs. fear, +2 vs. poison, spells, and spell-like abilities CMB:+12 CMD:22 Init:+0 Perc: +13)

Agrimmosh +13/+8 (2d6+8/x3): 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (7) + 13 = 202d6 + 8 ⇒ (4, 3) + 8 = 15
Agrimmosh +13/+8 (2d6+8/x3): 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (14) + 8 = 222d6 + 8 ⇒ (3, 6) + 8 = 17
Smite evil: +1 to hit, +2 damage, NOT in above stats, if she is susceptible to smite evil, let me know and I'll put it into the stats above next round.

"You were given the chance to live, but chose not too, so die, you evil creature!" Rask tells the giantess as he steps towards her, activates his smite evil ability and swings Agrimmosh.


Female Dwarf Cleric of Dranngvit 8 | AC 19 T 10 FF 19 | HP 49/72| Fort + 8 Ref + 2 Will + 11 | Init -1 | Perc +4 Channel 2/4
Spells Cast:
Holy smite, bouncing hold person, remove fear, prayer, hold person
Tracked resources:
Command: 7/7 left; Strength Surge: 6/7 left

Holding her tongue, Khari traces her holy symbol. "Now is as good a time as any to fight the good fight, everyone, lest we leave lonely corpses." She prays, feeling her goddesses blessing surge through her and her allies while trying to weaken her enemies.

Casting Defensively: 1d20 + 6 + 4 ⇒ (16) + 6 + 4 = 26 VS DC 21

Prayer: Allies +1 luck bonus on attack rolls, weapon damage rolls, saves, and skill checks. Enemies -1 luck bonus on attack rolls, weapon damage rolls, saves, and skill checks.


NARRATOR CoT Map / GS Map / SS MAP/

@Rask: Yes she is evil, and even with the smite you missed her. Her AC is 24 and her FF AC is also 24!

Whoever decides to roll for Droja, she will go on their initiative.

Round 1

Rask rushes up but his swings miss!

When I kill you I will take my ancestor's weapon and armor back!

Attack Ax 1: 1d20 + 16 ⇒ (18) + 16 = 34
Attack Ax 1: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (4) + 11 = 15
Attack Ax 2: 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (3) + 15 = 18
Damage: 1d8 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4

The two wolves attack Kiln:

Attack Dire Wolf 1: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (20) + 7 = 27
Attack Dire Wolf 2: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (18) + 7 = 25
Damage Dire Wolf 1: 1d8 + 6 ⇒ (3) + 6 = 9
Damage Dire Wolf 2: 1d8 + 6 ⇒ (4) + 6 = 10
Attack Dire Wolf 1 (Confirm): 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (5) + 7 = 12

Up Next: BB

Tactical Map has been updated.

Scarab Sages

Dwarf Male Wizard 6/Monk 1 | Stunning Fist 1/1 | Spells 4/4/4/3 | Conj Spells -/1/1/1 | Bonded Spell | 6/6 Acid Darts | |Filth Fever | Flaming Sphere (4 uses remain) HP 51/51 | AC 14(T 13 FF 13) | CMD 15 | Saves 7/4/9 | Init 0 | Perception 10

BB focuses on the powers of conjuration to cast Summon Monster 3 to summon a Leopard to flank the giant.

Full round casting. BB can be interrupted. See you next round!


NARRATOR CoT Map / GS Map / SS MAP/

Round 1 Con't

BB starts to summon a leopard.

One of Grenseldek's bodyguards steps forward and tries to slice Khari with her greataxe, but misses.

Attack: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (15) + 8 = 23
Damage: 3d6 + 5 ⇒ (4, 3, 5) + 5 = 17

Nibble moves up and flanks with Grenseldek to attack Rask!

Attack: 1d20 + 7 + 2 ⇒ (19) + 7 + 2 = 28
Damage: 1d8 + 6 ⇒ (6) + 6 = 12

Next Up: Kiln

Tactical Map has been updated.


NG Male Dwarf Fighter 8 HP:100/104 AC: 22 TCH: 12 FF: 21 CMD: 24 (+4 vs giants, +4 vs AOOs, +1 vs Disarm/Sunder) | F+9*, R+5*, W+3*

Kiln decides to lay into the four legged beastie just north of him...

Torag's Edge PA Hit: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (19) + 13 = 32 19-20/x3, S
Torag's Edge PA Damage: 1d12 + 16 ⇒ (3) + 16 = 19

Crit Confirm:

Torag's Edge PA Hit: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (2) + 13 = 15 19-20/x3, S
Torag's Edge PA Damage: 1d12 + 16 ⇒ (11) + 16 = 27

Second attack:

Torag's Edge PA Hit #2: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (20) + 6 = 26 19-20/x3, S
Torag's Edge PA Damage: 1d12 + 16 ⇒ (1) + 16 = 17

Crit Confirm:

Torag's Edge PA Hit #2: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (2) + 6 = 8 19-20/x3, S
Torag's Edge PA Damage: 1d12 + 16 ⇒ (8) + 16 = 24

If he dispatches the first beastie, his second swing is against the one to his NW. if he takes them both out, he will 5’ step to the East.


Male HP: 76/76 AC: 20,15,15 saves F:6, R:12, W:5,+2 vs. poison, spells, and spell-like, perception +13, stealth +16 Init:+5 (+2 in mountains); Rng 6 Rog 2

bot Droja

Droja tries to help her new allies find a sense of courage and perseverance as she casts bless upon the party. She then moves up and to the side to allow Khari to step back away from the orc bodyguard if she needed to.

Feeling the positive effects from Droja and Khari Kurag tries to target the orc brute just to the north of Khari. He wanted to help Rask as he was flanked but there were too many people in such a confined space to get a good shot off at the wolf. As such he pulled out a special set of arrows to use upon the orc in the back that had not acted yet.

point blank precise rapid favored enemy hatred prayer bless despair bane arrow sneak attack vs flat foot AC 1d20 + 11 + 1 - 2 + 2 + 1 + 1 + 1 - 2 + 2 ⇒ (15) + 11 + 1 - 2 + 2 + 1 + 1 + 1 - 2 + 2 = 30 for 1d8 + 4 + 1 + 2 - 2 + 2 + 2d6 + 1d6 ⇒ (6) + 4 + 1 + 2 - 2 + 2 + (3, 1) + (4) = 21
second attack 1d20 + 11 + 1 - 2 + 2 + 1 + 1 + 1 - 2 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 11 + 1 - 2 + 2 + 1 + 1 + 1 - 2 + 2 = 19 for 1d8 + 4 + 1 + 2 - 2 + 2 + 2d6 + 1d6 ⇒ (4) + 4 + 1 + 2 - 2 + 2 + (5, 3) + (5) = 24

Here is hoping a 19 flat footed hits!


NARRATOR CoT Map / GS Map / SS MAP/

Round 1 Con't

Kiln slays one of the dire wolves and wounds the other one!

Furball tries to attack Rask.

Attack Furball: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (8) + 7 = 15

The wolf misses!

Khari casts Prayer to help her allies.

Kurag severely wounds the bodyguard to the point where it looks like she can barely stand!

Droja casts Bless.

The bodyguard drinks a potion and some of her wounds start to heal.

Potion of CSW: 3d8 + 3 ⇒ (2, 7, 7) + 3 = 19

Round 2
Rask Hammersong 20(80/84)WOUNDED
Scar 20(-9/37)DEAD
Fang 17(20/37) WOUNDED
Grenseldek 13(118/118)
BB Beetle 12(44/44)
Grenseldek Bodyguard 1 11(56/56)
Nibble 11(37/37)
Kiln Redaxe 10(71/90)WOUNDED
Furball 7(37/37)
Khari Dronwoth 6(54/54)
Kurag Urlot III 5(56/56)
Grenseldek Bodyguard 2 1(30/56)WOUNDED

Next Up: Rask

Tactical Map has been updated


LG Male Dwarf fighter 4 / paladin 4 (HP 112 AC:23 T:10 F:23 Saves F:+13 R:+4 W:+8 +1 Will vs. fear, +2 vs. poison, spells, and spell-like abilities CMB:+12 CMD:22 Init:+0 Perc: +13)

Agrimmosh +13/+8 (2d6+8/x3): 1d20 + 13 + 1 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (20) + 13 + 1 + 1 + 1 = 362d6 + 8 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (2, 6) + 8 + 1 + 2 = 19 Threat
Agrimmosh +13/+8 (2d6+8/x3): 1d20 + 8 + 1 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 8 + 1 + 1 + 1 = 122d6 + 8 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (4, 6) + 8 + 1 + 2 = 21
Agrimmosh +13/+8 (2d6+8/x3): 1d20 + 13 + 1 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (11) + 13 + 1 + 1 + 1 = 272d6 + 8 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (2, 4) + 8 + 1 + 2 = 17 Crit
Agrimmosh +13/+8 (2d6+8/x3): 1d20 + 13 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (17) + 13 + 1 + 1 = 322d6 + 8 + 1 ⇒ (5, 2) + 8 + 1 = 16 AOO on wolf.
To hit: +1 bless, +1 prayer, +1 smite evil. Damage: +1 prayer, +2 smite. Smite not included on wolf. Damage total 36 on Giantess, 16 on wolf.

When the wolf moves behind Rask, the dwarf swings Agrimmosh in a free attack as the creature stupidly moves thru Rask area.

Forgetting about the wolf for a moment, Rask swings at the giantess, critically hitting her once but missing with the back swing, "for Torag!"


Male HP: 76/76 AC: 20,15,15 saves F:6, R:12, W:5,+2 vs. poison, spells, and spell-like, perception +13, stealth +16 Init:+5 (+2 in mountains); Rng 6 Rog 2

Rask the weapon is a x3 crit multiplier I think you only did x2.


LG Male Dwarf fighter 4 / paladin 4 (HP 112 AC:23 T:10 F:23 Saves F:+13 R:+4 W:+8 +1 Will vs. fear, +2 vs. poison, spells, and spell-like abilities CMB:+12 CMD:22 Init:+0 Perc: +13)

@Kurag, dang your correct!
Agrimmosh +13/+8 (2d6+8/x3): 2d6 + 8 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (2, 2) + 8 + 1 + 2 = 15 for a total of 51 on the Giantess!!!!


NARRATOR CoT Map / GS Map / SS MAP/

Round 2

Fang takes a step forward and tries to attack Kiln:

Attack Fang: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (4) + 7 = 11

He misses!

Grenseldek continues to attack Rask.

Attack Ax 1: 1d20 + 16 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 16 + 2 = 19
Attack Ax 1: 1d20 + 11 + 2 ⇒ (11) + 11 + 2 = 24
Attack Ax 2: 1d20 + 15 + 2 ⇒ (14) + 15 + 2 = 31
Damage Ax 2: 1d8 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 2 = 8

Up Next: BB

Scarab Sages

Dwarf Male Wizard 6/Monk 1 | Stunning Fist 1/1 | Spells 4/4/4/3 | Conj Spells -/1/1/1 | Bonded Spell | 6/6 Acid Darts | |Filth Fever | Flaming Sphere (4 uses remain) HP 51/51 | AC 14(T 13 FF 13) | CMD 15 | Saves 7/4/9 | Init 0 | Perception 10
BB Beetle wrote:

BB focuses on the powers of conjuration to cast Summon Monster 3 to summon a Leopard to flank the giant.

Full round casting. BB can be interrupted. See you next round!

His casting complete and uninterrupted, he summons a leopard to flask with Rask. It tries to maul into the giant.

bite: 1d20 + 6 + 2 ⇒ (11) + 6 + 2 = 19
Damage: 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6
Grab attempt if it hit: 1d20 + 9 + 2 ⇒ (10) + 9 + 2 = 21

claw 1: 1d20 + 6 + 2 ⇒ (20) + 6 + 2 = 28
Damage: 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (6) + 3 = 9

claw crit?: 1d20 + 6 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 6 + 2 = 10
Damage: 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4

claw 2: 1d20 + 6 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 6 + 2 = 14
Damage: 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5

While the Leopard mauls, BB pulls out his wand of Flaming Sphere and points at Grenseldek. It deals 3d6 ⇒ (3, 4, 1) = 8
fire damage Unless she makes a DC 13 Reflex save for none.


NARRATOR CoT Map / GS Map / SS MAP/

Round 2 Con't

BB's leopard manages to take a piece of the giantess with its claw.

Reflex save DC13: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (16) + 4 = 20

She evades the flaming sphere.

The bodyguard, flanking with a wolf, tries to defeat Kiln!

Attack: 1d20 + 8 + 2 ⇒ (20) + 8 + 2 = 30
Attack Confirm?: 1d20 + 8 + 2 ⇒ (16) + 8 + 2 = 26
Damage: 9d6 + 15 ⇒ (2, 6, 4, 4, 3, 6, 6, 5, 6) + 15 = 57

Nibble tries to bite Rask.

Bite: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (6) + 7 = 13

The wolf misses.

Up Next: Kiln


NG Male Dwarf Fighter 8 HP:100/104 AC: 22 TCH: 12 FF: 21 CMD: 24 (+4 vs giants, +4 vs AOOs, +1 vs Disarm/Sunder) | F+9*, R+5*, W+3*

Kiln is going to “Roll With It” thus avoiding the giant’s critical hit on him. Can you reroll normal damage please?

Having nearly been cut in half, Kiln decides the giant is the bigger threat, so he looses his ire on her...

Torag's Edge PA Hit: 1d20 + 13 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (19) + 13 + 1 + 1 = 34 19-20/x3, S
Torags’s Edge PA Damage: 1d12 + 16 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 16 + 1 = 18

Crit confirm:

Torag's Edge PA Hit: 1d20 + 13 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 13 + 1 + 1 = 17 19-20/x3, S
Torags’s Edge PA Damage: 2d12 + 32 + 2 ⇒ (10, 9) + 32 + 2 = 53

He will us “Reliable Strike” to reroll the confirmation roll...

Torag's Edge PA Hit: 1d20 + 13 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 13 + 1 + 1 = 21 19-20/x3, S

If that confirms, then Torag’s Edge grants a free trip attempt:

Torag's Edge Trip: 1d20 + 8 + 1 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (10) + 8 + 1 + 1 + 1 = 21

If the giant is still alive, he continues attacking it (with a further +4 if it’s prone). Otherwise this attack is against the wolf.

Torag's Edge PA Hit #2: 1d20 + 6 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (20) + 6 + 1 + 1 = 28 19-20/x3, S
Torag's Edge PA Damage: 1d12 + 16 + 1 ⇒ (10) + 16 + 1 = 27

Crit confirm:

Torag's Edge PA Hit #2: 1d20 + 6 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (15) + 6 + 1 + 1 = 23 19-20/x3, S
Torag's Edge PA Damage: 2d12 + 32 + 2 ⇒ (11, 4) + 32 + 2 = 49

And if that confirms, it seems unlikely that another trip attempt is needed...


NG Male Dwarf Fighter 8 HP:100/104 AC: 22 TCH: 12 FF: 21 CMD: 24 (+4 vs giants, +4 vs AOOs, +1 vs Disarm/Sunder) | F+9*, R+5*, W+3*

Oh, and Kiln will 5’ step to the East.


NARRATOR CoT Map / GS Map / SS MAP/

Round 2 Con't

Non crit damage: 3d6 + 5 ⇒ (3, 1, 6) + 5 = 15

Kiln brings the bodyguard down! After the first attack it had 3 HP so the second attack was overkill!

Furball tries to bite Rask.

Attack Furball: 1d20 + 7 + 2 ⇒ (16) + 7 + 2 = 25
Damage: 1d8 + 6 ⇒ (8) + 6 = 14

Up Next: Khari & Kurag


NG Male Dwarf Fighter 8 HP:100/104 AC: 22 TCH: 12 FF: 21 CMD: 24 (+4 vs giants, +4 vs AOOs, +1 vs Disarm/Sunder) | F+9*, R+5*, W+3*

It's not overkill if it was needed to drop the beast!


NARRATOR CoT Map / GS Map / SS MAP/

Let's just say after that, her own mother wouldn't recognize her! LOL!


NG Male Dwarf Fighter 8 HP:100/104 AC: 22 TCH: 12 FF: 21 CMD: 24 (+4 vs giants, +4 vs AOOs, +1 vs Disarm/Sunder) | F+9*, R+5*, W+3*

That's how Kiln rolls!


Female Dwarf Cleric of Dranngvit 8 | AC 19 T 10 FF 19 | HP 49/72| Fort + 8 Ref + 2 Will + 11 | Init -1 | Perc +4 Channel 2/4
Spells Cast:
Holy smite, bouncing hold person, remove fear, prayer, hold person
Tracked resources:
Command: 7/7 left; Strength Surge: 6/7 left

Stepping up to help Rask, Khari swings her pickaxe. Her weapon connects, slamming deep into the side of the animal as she tries to throw the wolf of balance. "You thought a suitable course of action to pick up this so-called dowry was to send a raid to that poor village? Bah!" spitting in disgust, Khari sneers at the giantess.

Attack: 1d20 + 8 + 2 ⇒ (20) + 8 + 2 = 30
crit confirm: 1d20 + 8 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 8 + 2 = 17

Normal Damage: 1d4 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 = 6
Extra Crit Damage: 3d4 + 12 ⇒ (2, 1, 4) + 12 = 19


Male HP: 76/76 AC: 20,15,15 saves F:6, R:12, W:5,+2 vs. poison, spells, and spell-like, perception +13, stealth +16 Init:+5 (+2 in mountains); Rng 6 Rog 2

Bot Droja

Droja steps back behind Khari getting some space from the wolf that is threatening her. She then concentrates on a spell to hold the massive giantess in check hoping to give Rask some respite from the attacks.

Hold person DC 16

Kurag steps back away from the wolf on the other side of the combat as he brings another set of arrows to bare upon the orc guardian in the back.

point blank precise rapid favored enemy hatred prayer bless despair bane arrow 1d20 + 11 + 1 - 2 + 2 + 1 + 1 + 1 - 2 + 2 ⇒ (15) + 11 + 1 - 2 + 2 + 1 + 1 + 1 - 2 + 2 = 30 for 1d8 + 4 + 1 + 2 - 2 + 2 + 2d6 ⇒ (4) + 4 + 1 + 2 - 2 + 2 + (6, 2) = 19
second shot 1d20 + 11 + 1 - 2 + 2 + 1 + 1 + 1 - 2 + 2 ⇒ (12) + 11 + 1 - 2 + 2 + 1 + 1 + 1 - 2 + 2 = 27 for 1d8 + 4 + 1 + 2 - 2 + 2 + 2d6 ⇒ (2) + 4 + 1 + 2 - 2 + 2 + (4, 6) = 19


NARRATOR CoT Map / GS Map / SS MAP/

Round 2

Rask puts a hurting on the giantess and the wolf. Fang misses Kiln. Grenseldek scratches Rask. BB's leopard takes a piece out of the giantess, but she moves out of the way of the flaming sphere. Kiln puts down a bodyguard and a wolf! Furball bites Rask. Khari puts down Nibble. Kurag slays the remaining bodyguard. Droja casts hold person.

Hold Person DC16: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (8) + 4 = 12

Round 3
Rask Hammersong 20(58/84)WOUNDED
Scar 20(-9/37)DEAD
Fang 17(-56/37) DEAD
Grenseldek 13(61/118)WOUNDED,HELD
BB Beetle 12(44/44)
Grenseldek Bodyguard 1 11(-15/56)DEAD
Nibble 11(-15/37)DEAD
Kiln Redaxe 10(56/90)WOUNDED
Furball 7(37/37)
Khari Dronwoth 6(54/54)
Kurag Urlot III 5(56/56)
Grenseldek Bodyguard 2 1(-8/56)DEAD

Next Up: Everyone!

Tactical Map has been updated


NG Male Dwarf Fighter 8 HP:100/104 AC: 22 TCH: 12 FF: 21 CMD: 24 (+4 vs giants, +4 vs AOOs, +1 vs Disarm/Sunder) | F+9*, R+5*, W+3*

Kiln will move 20’ and attack Grenseldek with Torag’s Edge.

Torag's Edge PA Hit: 1d20 + 13 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (17) + 13 + 1 + 1 = 32 19-20/x3, S
Torags’s Edge PA Damage: 1d12 + 16 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 16 + 1 = 24

Kiln will have an AC of 29 vs an AOO from Grenseldek.

Scarab Sages

Dwarf Male Wizard 6/Monk 1 | Stunning Fist 1/1 | Spells 4/4/4/3 | Conj Spells -/1/1/1 | Bonded Spell | 6/6 Acid Darts | |Filth Fever | Flaming Sphere (4 uses remain) HP 51/51 | AC 14(T 13 FF 13) | CMD 15 | Saves 7/4/9 | Init 0 | Perception 10

BB's Summon Monster 3 to summon a Leopard continues pressuring Grenseldek.

bite: 1d20 + 6 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 6 + 2 = 13
Damage: 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5
Grab attempt if it hit: 1d20 + 9 + 2 ⇒ (20) + 9 + 2 = 31

claw 1: 1d20 + 6 + 2 ⇒ (20) + 6 + 2 = 28
Damage: 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5

claw crit?: 1d20 + 6 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 6 + 2 = 12
Damage: 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6

claw 2: 1d20 + 6 + 2 ⇒ (13) + 6 + 2 = 21
Damage: 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4

BB's Flaming Sphere continues to harass Grenseldek, dealing 3d6 ⇒ (1, 5, 6) = 12 fire damage Unless she makes a DC 13 Reflex save for none.

Meanwhile, BB moves 20 feet northeast, trying to get a good shot.


LG Male Dwarf fighter 4 / paladin 4 (HP 112 AC:23 T:10 F:23 Saves F:+13 R:+4 W:+8 +1 Will vs. fear, +2 vs. poison, spells, and spell-like abilities CMB:+12 CMD:22 Init:+0 Perc: +13)

Agrimmosh +13/+8 (2d6+8/x3): 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (17) + 13 = 302d6 + 8 ⇒ (6, 6) + 8 = 20
Agrimmosh +13/+8 (2d6+8/x3): 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (2) + 8 = 102d6 + 8 ⇒ (4, 3) + 8 = 15

Rask continues to swing at the giantess, adding to the injuries that his companions are doing on her, and taunting "you will never get this hammer back. Torag himself has willed it to me!"


Female Dwarf Cleric of Dranngvit 8 | AC 19 T 10 FF 19 | HP 49/72| Fort + 8 Ref + 2 Will + 11 | Init -1 | Perc +4 Channel 2/4
Spells Cast:
Holy smite, bouncing hold person, remove fear, prayer, hold person
Tracked resources:
Command: 7/7 left; Strength Surge: 6/7 left

"Kurag, can you take out the final mutt?" Khari calls out to the ranger, before pulling out a fine black powder from her pouch. Concentrating on Rask, Khari begins to chant.

Beginning to cast Enlarge Person on Rask

3,251 to 3,300 of 3,688 << first < prev | 61 | 62 | 63 | 64 | 65 | 66 | 67 | 68 | 69 | 70 | 71 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / DM RichD's GiantSlayer Gameplay Thread All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.