DM RichD's Giantslayer Campaign

Game Master Briccone

GiantSlayer Book 2: The Hill Giant's Pledge
Part 3: Redlake Fort

The heroes infiltrate an abandoned border fort full of orcs, ogres, and hill giants to end the threat against Trunau once and for all, only to learn of a much greater danger: a mysterious warlord amassing an army of giants for some fell purpose.


3,001 to 3,050 of 3,601 << first < prev | 56 | 57 | 58 | 59 | 60 | 61 | 62 | 63 | 64 | 65 | 66 | next > last >>

Female Dwarf Cleric of Dranngvit 7 | AC 19 T 10 FF 19 | HP 57/63| Fort + 7 Ref + 2 Will + 11 | Init + 0 | Perc +4 Channel 4/4
Spells Cast:
Holy smite, bouncing hold person, remove fear, prayer, hold person
Tracked resources:
Command: 7/7 left; Strength Surge: 6/7 left

Taking a deep breath as the doors open, Khari lets out a whoop of excitement as she spots the new foes. "You. Come. Here." she commands using a voice that would cause even the mightiest dwarven king to pause, pointing to the one closest to the door.

Khari is using her Command ability granted by her Inevitable domain. It functions the same as command, Dude needs to pass a DC 17 Will save or Approach.


NG Male Dwarf Fighter 8 HP:100/104 AC: 22 TCH: 12 FF: 21 CMD: 24 (+4 vs giants, +4 vs AOOs, +1 vs Disarm/Sunder) | F+9*, R+5*, W+3*

Kiln will move in and attack one of the creatures (a damaged one?)

Is the combat map the huge map of the whole keep?

Torag's Edge PA Hit: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (9) + 13 = 22 19-20/x3, S
Torag's Edge PA Damage: 1d12 + 16 ⇒ (10) + 16 = 26


Male HP: 76/76 AC: 20,15,15 saves F:6, R:12, W:5,+2 vs. poison, spells, and spell-like, perception +13, stealth +16 Init:+5 (+2 in mountains); Rng 6 Rog 2

travelling today and will post tomorrow


LG Male Dwarf fighter 4 / paladin 4 (HP 112 AC:23 T:10 F:23 Saves F:+13 R:+4 W:+8 +1 Will vs. fear, +2 vs. poison, spells, and spell-like abilities CMB:+12 CMD:22 Init:+0 Perc: +13)

Rask: AC 23; HP 84/84; LoH 1/2; Smite 1/1

Agrimmosh +13/+8 (2d6+8/x3): 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (16) + 13 = 292d6 + 8 ⇒ (4, 1) + 8 = 13

Seeing the ogres are just standing there, Rask moves quickly to the nearest one, ganging up with Kiln if possible and swings Agrimmosh, hitting the creature, "for Torag!"


Male HP: 76/76 AC: 20,15,15 saves F:6, R:12, W:5,+2 vs. poison, spells, and spell-like, perception +13, stealth +16 Init:+5 (+2 in mountains); Rng 6 Rog 2

Kurag waits for the meat shiel...I mean Rask and Kiln to start heading in before unloaded his bow into the foremost ogrekin.

point blank precise rapid shot 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (5) + 10 = 15 for 1d8 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 = 8 or gravity bow if still active 1 min duration 2d6 + 4 ⇒ (4, 3) + 4 = 11
second shot 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (9) + 10 = 19 for 1d8 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 = 5 or gravity bow if still active 1 min duration 2d6 + 4 ⇒ (3, 1) + 4 = 8


NARRATOR CoT Map / GS Map / SS MAP/

Round 1

Rask rushes up and wounds an ogrekin 1 (25/38).

The ogrekin tries to return the favor and misses.

Attack: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (5) + 11 = 16

Kurag hits the one that Rask wounded.

Point of clarification: Let's say that the gravity bow is active is that 13 damage or only 8?

Khari commands one of the ogrekin 2 to approach her.

Will Save DC 17: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (13) + 3 = 16

It reluctantly does.

Kiln hurts the remaining one 3 (12/38)

BB tries to finish off the one that Kiln just engaged.

Reflex Save 13: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4

And he does!

Waiting to confirm Kurag's damage, but everyone give me their Round 2 Action.


Male HP: 76/76 AC: 20,15,15 saves F:6, R:12, W:5,+2 vs. poison, spells, and spell-like, perception +13, stealth +16 Init:+5 (+2 in mountains); Rng 6 Rog 2

If only the 1st attack hit then 11 damage...if both hit then 19


Female Dwarf Cleric of Dranngvit 7 | AC 19 T 10 FF 19 | HP 57/63| Fort + 7 Ref + 2 Will + 11 | Init + 0 | Perc +4 Channel 4/4
Spells Cast:
Holy smite, bouncing hold person, remove fear, prayer, hold person
Tracked resources:
Command: 7/7 left; Strength Surge: 6/7 left

Swinging her light pick at the creature Khari puts too much momentum behind it and spins in a circle. "Ah ya dumb brute! Just you wait, Dranngvit always makes sure that her debts are paid in full!" the cleric snarls out, trying to cover for her abysmal attack.

Attack: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (1) + 7 = 8

Khari's AC vs the ogrekin (assuming it is a giant) is 25


NG Male Dwarf Fighter 8 HP:100/104 AC: 22 TCH: 12 FF: 21 CMD: 24 (+4 vs giants, +4 vs AOOs, +1 vs Disarm/Sunder) | F+9*, R+5*, W+3*

Kiln will move to engage another beastie...

Torag's Edge PA Hit: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (7) + 13 = 20 19-20/x3, S
Torag's Edge PA Damage: 1d12 + 16 ⇒ (7) + 16 = 23

If he can get there in 5’ and attack twice...

Torag's Edge PA Hit #2: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (13) + 6 = 19 19-20/x3, S
Torag's Edge PA Damage: 1d12 + 16 ⇒ (5) + 16 = 21


Male HP: 76/76 AC: 20,15,15 saves F:6, R:12, W:5,+2 vs. poison, spells, and spell-like, perception +13, stealth +16 Init:+5 (+2 in mountains); Rng 6 Rog 2

Continuing on from his attacks from la#t time Kurag fires another brac of arrows at the next ogrekin.

Point blank precise rapid gravity bow 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (8) + 10 = 18 for 2d6 + 4 ⇒ (6, 3) + 4 = 13
Second shot 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (13) + 10 = 23 for 2d6 + 4 ⇒ (2, 5) + 4 = 11

Scarab Sages

Dwarf Male Wizard 6/Monk 1 | Stunning Fist 1/1 | Spells 4/4/4/3 | Conj Spells -/1/1/1 | Bonded Spell | 6/6 Acid Darts | |Filth Fever | Flaming Sphere (4 uses remain) HP 51/51 | AC 14(T 13 FF 13) | CMD 15 | Saves 7/4/9 | Init 0 | Perception 10

"Well, that was fun." BB pulls the Flaming Sphere onto the nearby Ogrekin 2. It burns for 3d6 ⇒ (1, 3, 5) = 9 fire damage. Reflex Save DC 13 for no damage.

Meanwhile, BB helps Khari with the creature. "I haven't had a chance to punch anything in a while."

BB Punch!: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 = 8
Damage: 1d6 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5

"Dang, I'm out of shape!" He laughs.


LG Male Dwarf fighter 4 / paladin 4 (HP 112 AC:23 T:10 F:23 Saves F:+13 R:+4 W:+8 +1 Will vs. fear, +2 vs. poison, spells, and spell-like abilities CMB:+12 CMD:22 Init:+0 Perc: +13)

Rask: AC 23; HP 84/84; LoH 1/2; Smite 1/1
Agrimmosh +13/+8 (2d6+8/x3): 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (16) + 13 = 292d6 + 8 ⇒ (5, 4) + 8 = 17
Agrimmosh +13/+8 (2d6+8/x3): 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (3) + 8 = 112d6 + 8 ⇒ (1, 4) + 8 = 13

Rask continues to pound on the ogrekin that he wounded.


NARRATOR CoT Map / GS Map / SS MAP/

@Kurag: First Shot missed, second hit.

Round 2
Gorb Ogrekin 1 20(17/38) WOUNDED
Gorb Ogrekin 3 15(0/38) DEAD
Gorb Ogrekin 2 20(38/38) COMMANDED
Rask Hammersong 13(84/84)
Kurag Urlot III 12(56/56)
Khari Dronwoth 12(54/54)
Kiln Redaxe 9(90/90)
BB Beetle 5(44/44)

The Ogrekin tries to hit Rask.

Attack: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (16) + 11 = 27
Damage: 1d10 + 11 ⇒ (5) + 11 = 16

Rask, not liking being hit by the creature, kills it!

Khari misses the ogre that she commanded, but Kiln finishes it off!

Out of Round Mode

@Kurag: No arrows needed to be used.

Treasure:

Thunderstones (6)
Wooden armor (3)
Composite longbow (+6 Str) (3)
60 arrows
Ogre Hook (3)
GP: 6d20 ⇒ (15, 7, 17, 14, 8, 16) = 77

COMPLETED
K1-Barbican
K2A-Bear Pit
K2B-Bear Pit
K3-Guarded Bridge
K6-Sewer Tunnel
K7-General Karrguk's Tent
K11E-Guard Tower
K21-Well
K23-Gatehouse Roof
K24-Upper Gate Tower
K25D-Upper Guard Room
K25E-Upper Guard Room
K29-Entrance Hall
K30-Latrine
K31-Upper Well
K32-Treasury
K33-Storage Cellar (Haunted)
K34-Armory
K35-Cesspool

Scarab Sages

Dwarf Male Wizard 6/Monk 1 | Stunning Fist 1/1 | Spells 4/4/4/3 | Conj Spells -/1/1/1 | Bonded Spell | 6/6 Acid Darts | |Filth Fever | Flaming Sphere (4 uses remain) HP 51/51 | AC 14(T 13 FF 13) | CMD 15 | Saves 7/4/9 | Init 0 | Perception 10

"Well, that's a hoot." BB watches the slaughter. "I don't need any healing, but Rask might want some help."


Male HP: 76/76 AC: 20,15,15 saves F:6, R:12, W:5,+2 vs. poison, spells, and spell-like, perception +13, stealth +16 Init:+5 (+2 in mountains); Rng 6 Rog 2

Well done guys. That fire ball worked well too BB! While you guys get patched up I will scout ahead and se if there is anyone left watching the gate.

Keep moving along to search the upper levels of the gate.
perception 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (17) + 11 = 28
stealth 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (3) + 13 = 16

Grabbing the bows, arrows, and thunderstones unless anyone objects.


Female Dwarf Cleric of Dranngvit 7 | AC 19 T 10 FF 19 | HP 57/63| Fort + 7 Ref + 2 Will + 11 | Init + 0 | Perc +4 Channel 4/4
Spells Cast:
Holy smite, bouncing hold person, remove fear, prayer, hold person
Tracked resources:
Command: 7/7 left; Strength Surge: 6/7 left

"Aye, tis always best ensuring that those who put themselves on the front line are well taken care of." Khari agrees with BB, moving up to the paladin and laying a hand on Rask's shoulder. "Dranngvit always makes sure that the ledgers are balanced." She prays, allowing healing energy to flow into Rask's body.

Cure Mod: 2d8 + 6 ⇒ (4, 1) + 6 = 11
Burning spiritual weapon to cast cure moderate wounds


NG Male Dwarf Fighter 8 HP:100/104 AC: 22 TCH: 12 FF: 21 CMD: 24 (+4 vs giants, +4 vs AOOs, +1 vs Disarm/Sunder) | F+9*, R+5*, W+3*

"Tis funny, all my life I have heard people talk about how amazing fireballs are. Now that I seen one, I must say that it is not at all what I expected."

Scarab Sages

Dwarf Male Wizard 6/Monk 1 | Stunning Fist 1/1 | Spells 4/4/4/3 | Conj Spells -/1/1/1 | Bonded Spell | 6/6 Acid Darts | |Filth Fever | Flaming Sphere (4 uses remain) HP 51/51 | AC 14(T 13 FF 13) | CMD 15 | Saves 7/4/9 | Init 0 | Perception 10

"Fire's overrated, I say." BB laughs. "But most wizards wouldn't call that a fireball either. Next time we're in town I'll buy a scroll and show ya."


Female Dwarf Cleric of Dranngvit 7 | AC 19 T 10 FF 19 | HP 57/63| Fort + 7 Ref + 2 Will + 11 | Init + 0 | Perc +4 Channel 4/4
Spells Cast:
Holy smite, bouncing hold person, remove fear, prayer, hold person
Tracked resources:
Command: 7/7 left; Strength Surge: 6/7 left

Pulling an orange from her pack, Khari begins peeling it. "Hey red, what might your name be? If you need to be pulled back from the boneyard, it helps to know what name I should be calling on." Offering a kind smile, Khari offers a wedge to Kiln, before popping a piece into her mouth.


NG Male Dwarf Fighter 8 HP:100/104 AC: 22 TCH: 12 FF: 21 CMD: 24 (+4 vs giants, +4 vs AOOs, +1 vs Disarm/Sunder) | F+9*, R+5*, W+3*

Kiln gladly accepts the orange wedge, pops it into his mouth, and noisily starts sucking all of the juices out of it. When it is drained, he spits out all of he fibrous parts.


NARRATOR CoT Map / GS Map / SS MAP/

K25A, K25B, K25C

These guard rooms are just like the others and there is nothing here of note.

K27

Several decrepit bunks rot in this neglected room. The tracks of numerous footprints have cleared a visible path between the room’s three doors in the thick layer of dust coating the floor.

COMPLETED
K1-Barbican
K2A-Bear Pit
K2B-Bear Pit
K3-Guarded Bridge
K6-Sewer Tunnel
K7-General Karrguk's Tent
K11E-Guard Tower
K21-Well
K23-Gatehouse Roof
K24A-Upper Gate Tower
K24B-Upper Gate Tower
K25A-Upper Guard Room
K25B-Upper Guard Room
K25C-Upper Guard Room
K25D-Upper Guard Room
K25E-Upper Guard Room
K29-Entrance Hall
K30-Latrine
K31-Upper Well
K32-Treasury
K33-Storage Cellar (Haunted)
K34-Armory
K35-Cesspool


LG Male Dwarf fighter 4 / paladin 4 (HP 112 AC:23 T:10 F:23 Saves F:+13 R:+4 W:+8 +1 Will vs. fear, +2 vs. poison, spells, and spell-like abilities CMB:+12 CMD:22 Init:+0 Perc: +13)

Where is K25a,b,c and K27? The map doesn't show those doors/rooms.
Rask: AC 23; HP 79/84; LoH 1/2; Smite 1/1

Rask looks at Kurag as he grabs some of the loot, "aye, you can best use those things. I have my hammer, and that is enough." When Khari channels healing energy into him, Rask "thank ye lass. Always willing to accept Dranngvit blessings" and he inspects where the ripped his skin, and nods in satisfaction that it is healed.


NG Male Dwarf Fighter 8 HP:100/104 AC: 22 TCH: 12 FF: 21 CMD: 24 (+4 vs giants, +4 vs AOOs, +1 vs Disarm/Sunder) | F+9*, R+5*, W+3*

”Aye, I worship Torag above others, but his kin is welcome at the table also.”


Male HP: 76/76 AC: 20,15,15 saves F:6, R:12, W:5,+2 vs. poison, spells, and spell-like, perception +13, stealth +16 Init:+5 (+2 in mountains); Rng 6 Rog 2

Kur@g gathers the items he wished to keep and made ready to keep searching the keep. As far as he could tell all that was left was the northern wall, the large tower, the courtyards,Nd the inner few rooms. To that end he made ready to enter the courtyard (k13) to head to k14, and the the center area.


NARRATOR CoT Map / GS Map / SS MAP/

@Rask: They are in the upper level. I never switched the map. :(

K13-Outer Baily

Once a beautiful green space, this open courtyard is now overgrown with brown weeds and prickly thistles. To the south of the large mess hall (area K15), a lowered portcullis separates the outer bailey from the inner ward (area K20). After years of neglect and exposure to harsh weather, the mechanism that once operated the gate no longer functions, leaving the portcullis frozen in place.

As you approach K14 you hear braying, barking and howling.

COMPLETED
K1-Barbican
K2A-Bear Pit
K2B-Bear Pit
K3-Guarded Bridge
K6-Sewer Tunnel
K7-General Karrguk's Tent
K11E-Guard Tower
K13-Outer Baily
K21-Well
K23-Gatehouse Roof
K24A-Upper Gate Tower
K24B-Upper Gate Tower
K25A-Upper Guard Room
K25B-Upper Guard Room
K25C-Upper Guard Room
K25D-Upper Guard Room
K25E-Upper Guard Room
K27-Abandoned Barracks
K29-Entrance Hall
K30-Latrine
K31-Upper Well
K32-Treasury
K33-Storage Cellar (Haunted)
K34-Armory
K35-Cesspool


Male HP: 76/76 AC: 20,15,15 saves F:6, R:12, W:5,+2 vs. poison, spells, and spell-like, perception +13, stealth +16 Init:+5 (+2 in mountains); Rng 6 Rog 2

Kurag looks at the others and points tot he sound of the barking. Let's leave them alone for now. If we attack and silence them the lack of noise will be more of an alarm to the compound than the din they are creating. It is with luck and skill that we have made it this far without the entire compound descending upon us en masse. Let's take out the mess hall on the way to the other courtyard.

Scarab Sages

Dwarf Male Wizard 6/Monk 1 | Stunning Fist 1/1 | Spells 4/4/4/3 | Conj Spells -/1/1/1 | Bonded Spell | 6/6 Acid Darts | |Filth Fever | Flaming Sphere (4 uses remain) HP 51/51 | AC 14(T 13 FF 13) | CMD 15 | Saves 7/4/9 | Init 0 | Perception 10

BB nods and gets on his tippie toes.


Female Dwarf Cleric of Dranngvit 7 | AC 19 T 10 FF 19 | HP 57/63| Fort + 7 Ref + 2 Will + 11 | Init + 0 | Perc +4 Channel 4/4
Spells Cast:
Holy smite, bouncing hold person, remove fear, prayer, hold person
Tracked resources:
Command: 7/7 left; Strength Surge: 6/7 left

Picking up her pack, Khari offers a nod to the younger dwarf. "That's a good plan Kurag. Let's move on before anyone notices the mess we've left behind." Gesturing to the bodies of the ogrekin, Khari waits to follow behind the others to help cover the rear.


NG Male Dwarf Fighter 8 HP:100/104 AC: 22 TCH: 12 FF: 21 CMD: 24 (+4 vs giants, +4 vs AOOs, +1 vs Disarm/Sunder) | F+9*, R+5*, W+3*

Kiln nods and does as directed.


LG Male Dwarf fighter 4 / paladin 4 (HP 112 AC:23 T:10 F:23 Saves F:+13 R:+4 W:+8 +1 Will vs. fear, +2 vs. poison, spells, and spell-like abilities CMB:+12 CMD:22 Init:+0 Perc: +13)

Rask: AC 23; HP 79/84; LoH 1/2; Smite 1/1
*Assuming* that we just entered the K20 area from the door at K11e, right?

Nodding at the ranger, "good thought Kurag. Lets leave the animals alone for now. When we have finished clearing this place out, we can free them." Rask then nods at Kiln, "lets lead the way" and he takes off in the direction Kurag points him to.


NARRATOR CoT Map / GS Map / SS MAP/

Deciding to avoid the kennel, the party makes its way to the Mess Hall.

K15-Mess Hall

A giant table spans the entirety of this long room. A headless, fire-blackened horse torso, eviscerated from throat to navel, lies atop the table. The hollow carcass is stuffed with an even more macabre offering of charred humanoid arms, complete with crisp and curled fingers reaching in vain for salvation.

As you enter the room, a hand as if from a giant, exits the carcass and crawls to you!

Initiative:

BB Beetle: 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (17) + 0 = 17
Khari Dronwoth: 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (16) + 0 = 16
Kiln Redaxe: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (20) + 1 = 21
Kurag Urlot III: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (16) + 4 = 20
Rask Hammersong: 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (13) + 0 = 13
Crawling Giant Hand: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 2 = 8

Round 1
Kiln Redaxe 21(90/90)
Kurag Urlot III 20(56/56)
BB Beetle 17(44/44)
Khari Dronwoth 16(51/51)
Rask Hammersong 13(84/84)
Crawling Giant Hand 8(52/52)

Up Next: Everyone!

COMPLETED
K1-Barbican
K2A-Bear Pit
K2B-Bear Pit
K3-Guarded Bridge
K6-Sewer Tunnel
K7-General Karrguk's Tent
K11E-Guard Tower
K13-Outer Bailey
K14-Kennel (IGNORED)
K21-Well
K23-Gatehouse Roof
K24A-Upper Gate Tower
K24B-Upper Gate Tower
K25A-Upper Guard Room
K25B-Upper Guard Room
K25C-Upper Guard Room
K25D-Upper Guard Room
K25E-Upper Guard Room
K27-Abandoned Barracks
K29-Entrance Hall
K30-Latrine
K31-Upper Well
K32-Treasury
K33-Storage Cellar (HAUNTED)
K34-Armory
K35-Cesspool

Scarab Sages

Dwarf Male Wizard 6/Monk 1 | Stunning Fist 1/1 | Spells 4/4/4/3 | Conj Spells -/1/1/1 | Bonded Spell | 6/6 Acid Darts | |Filth Fever | Flaming Sphere (4 uses remain) HP 51/51 | AC 14(T 13 FF 13) | CMD 15 | Saves 7/4/9 | Init 0 | Perception 10

"Uh... yeah, alright."

Crossbow: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (12) + 3 = 15
Damage: 1d8 ⇒ 1


NG Male Dwarf Fighter 8 HP:100/104 AC: 22 TCH: 12 FF: 21 CMD: 24 (+4 vs giants, +4 vs AOOs, +1 vs Disarm/Sunder) | F+9*, R+5*, W+3*

Kiln moves on in and smacks the thing!

Torag's Edge PA Hit: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (17) + 13 = 30 19-20/x3, S
Torag's Edge PA Damage: 1d12 + 16 ⇒ (6) + 16 = 22

Not sure where it is relative to me, if I get two swings, then...

Torag's Edge PA Hit #2: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (14) + 6 = 20 19-20/x3, S
Torag's Edge PA Damage: 1d12 + 16 ⇒ (9) + 16 = 25


Male HP: 76/76 AC: 20,15,15 saves F:6, R:12, W:5,+2 vs. poison, spells, and spell-like, perception +13, stealth +16 Init:+5 (+2 in mountains); Rng 6 Rog 2

Not having a clue what the hand is or it’s weaknesses Kurag turns to Khari. You ever come across something like this in your studies or travels? If so let me know how to kill it. assuming religion?

Point blank precise rapid sneak attack 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (14) + 10 = 24 for 1d8 + 4 + 1d6 ⇒ (5) + 4 + (6) = 15
Second attack 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (15) + 10 = 25 for 1d8 + 4 + 1d6 ⇒ (8) + 4 + (2) = 14


LG Male Dwarf fighter 4 / paladin 4 (HP 112 AC:23 T:10 F:23 Saves F:+13 R:+4 W:+8 +1 Will vs. fear, +2 vs. poison, spells, and spell-like abilities CMB:+12 CMD:22 Init:+0 Perc: +13)

Rask: AC 23; HP 84/84; LoH 1/2; Smite 1/1
Agrimmosh +13/+8 (2d6+8/x3): 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (13) + 13 = 262d6 + 8 ⇒ (1, 4) + 8 = 13
Agrimmosh +13/+8 (2d6+8/x3): 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (16) + 8 = 242d6 + 8 ⇒ (4, 1) + 8 = 13

"What in Torag's name is that thing" yells Rask, as he rushes forward and swings at the giant crawling hand!


Female Dwarf Cleric of Dranngvit 7 | AC 19 T 10 FF 19 | HP 57/63| Fort + 7 Ref + 2 Will + 11 | Init + 0 | Perc +4 Channel 4/4
Spells Cast:
Holy smite, bouncing hold person, remove fear, prayer, hold person
Tracked resources:
Command: 7/7 left; Strength Surge: 6/7 left

Staring at the large hand inching its way towards the group, Khari sighs. "Well, I'm going to go out on a limb and guess that it is a crawling hand. I would go by the old standby of zombie weaknesses, if I had to guess, so shoot it or cut it, but don't smash it?" Raising her holy symbol aloft, Khari glances at her new allies.

"Dranngvit, help me guide this hand to new heights." As her words intermingle with the spell, Khari attempts to gain control over the undead.

Know Religion: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (15) + 6 = 21

Casting Command Undead to gain control over the hand! Will DC 17 to resist.


NARRATOR CoT Map / GS Map / SS MAP/

Round 1

As Kiln hits the thing, a spray of vile pus strikes him!

Reflex Check DC15:
If pass, nothing. If fail then Nauseated: 2d3 ⇒ (3, 1) = 4 rounds and Negative Energy Damage: 4d6 ⇒ (6, 5, 1, 3) = 15

An arrow from Kurag re-kills the thing.

Dang! You all are some damage dealers!

Out of Round mode.


Male HP: 76/76 AC: 20,15,15 saves F:6, R:12, W:5,+2 vs. poison, spells, and spell-like, perception +13, stealth +16 Init:+5 (+2 in mountains); Rng 6 Rog 2

Just wait till next level and we fight giants...favored enemy giant +4 with 3 attacks a round.

Kurag was glad to see the undead hand go still. Yet the price may have been high as the hand squirted out something at Kiln. You ok over there? Please tell me you kept your mouth closed and that did not get in there. Kurag was concerned but he couldn’t help smiling a bit at the poor unfortunate fate of Kiln...providing no lasting damage was done.


NG Male Dwarf Fighter 8 HP:100/104 AC: 22 TCH: 12 FF: 21 CMD: 24 (+4 vs giants, +4 vs AOOs, +1 vs Disarm/Sunder) | F+9*, R+5*, W+3*

Reflex: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 = 8

Kiln falls to the ground retching as his life forces are sucked out of him.

Scarab Sages

Dwarf Male Wizard 6/Monk 1 | Stunning Fist 1/1 | Spells 4/4/4/3 | Conj Spells -/1/1/1 | Bonded Spell | 6/6 Acid Darts | |Filth Fever | Flaming Sphere (4 uses remain) HP 51/51 | AC 14(T 13 FF 13) | CMD 15 | Saves 7/4/9 | Init 0 | Perception 10

"What a messy way to go..." BB helps Kiln stand back up. "Where to, next?"


LG Male Dwarf fighter 4 / paladin 4 (HP 112 AC:23 T:10 F:23 Saves F:+13 R:+4 W:+8 +1 Will vs. fear, +2 vs. poison, spells, and spell-like abilities CMB:+12 CMD:22 Init:+0 Perc: +13)

Rask; AC 23; HP 84/84; LoH 1/2; Smite 1/1
Rask; Knowledge (religion): 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (11) + 6 = 17

Seeing Kiln go down and look quite ill, Rask helps BB to stand Kiln back up and says, "are you going to be ok? That thing did some kind negative energy burst on you."

Then looking at Kurag, he nods in agreement with BB question about where to go next.


NG Male Dwarf Fighter 8 HP:100/104 AC: 22 TCH: 12 FF: 21 CMD: 24 (+4 vs giants, +4 vs AOOs, +1 vs Disarm/Sunder) | F+9*, R+5*, W+3*

Kiln spends nearly half a minute choking, gasping, and emptying his stomach before he can finally respond, "I feel worse than a boiled turd right now, and my whole body hurts!"


Female Dwarf Cleric of Dranngvit 7 | AC 19 T 10 FF 19 | HP 57/63| Fort + 7 Ref + 2 Will + 11 | Init + 0 | Perc +4 Channel 4/4
Spells Cast:
Holy smite, bouncing hold person, remove fear, prayer, hold person
Tracked resources:
Command: 7/7 left; Strength Surge: 6/7 left

Patting Kiln on the back Khari sighs, "There, there, better out than in." Waiting for the hurling to end, she channels her goddess's healing energy into healing Kiln.

Cure Mod Wounds: 2d8 + 6 ⇒ (7, 7) + 6 = 20


NG Male Dwarf Fighter 8 HP:100/104 AC: 22 TCH: 12 FF: 21 CMD: 24 (+4 vs giants, +4 vs AOOs, +1 vs Disarm/Sunder) | F+9*, R+5*, W+3*

"Well there Missy, I much appreciate that," Kiln says as he stretches out his arms, and tests his leg muscles, "that helped a lot to work out the bad feelings from the hand thingie."


NARRATOR CoT Map / GS Map / SS MAP/

Where to next?

COMPLETED
K1-Barbican
K2A-Bear Pit
K2B-Bear Pit
K3-Guarded Bridge
K6-Sewer Tunnel
K7-General Karrguk's Tent
K11E-Guard Tower
K13-Outer Bailey
K14-Kennel (IGNORED)
K15-Mess Hall
K21-Well
K23-Gatehouse Roof
K24A-Upper Gate Tower
K24B-Upper Gate Tower
K25A-Upper Guard Room
K25B-Upper Guard Room
K25C-Upper Guard Room
K25D-Upper Guard Room
K25E-Upper Guard Room
K27-Abandoned Barracks
K29-Entrance Hall
K30-Latrine
K31-Upper Well
K32-Treasury
K33-Storage Cellar (HAUNTED)
K34-Armory
K35-Cesspool


Male HP: 76/76 AC: 20,15,15 saves F:6, R:12, W:5,+2 vs. poison, spells, and spell-like, perception +13, stealth +16 Init:+5 (+2 in mountains); Rng 6 Rog 2

K16,18,19 next

Kurag pauses to make sure that Kiln is fine. When Khari patches him up then he agree to move on. At the door he listens for sounds coming from the other side before opening it up and letting Kiln and Rask in.

Perception 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (5) + 11 = 16


LG Male Dwarf fighter 4 / paladin 4 (HP 112 AC:23 T:10 F:23 Saves F:+13 R:+4 W:+8 +1 Will vs. fear, +2 vs. poison, spells, and spell-like abilities CMB:+12 CMD:22 Init:+0 Perc: +13)

As Kurag is checking out the door, Rask waits patiently with Agrimmosh in hand, ready to enter the room at Kurag signal.


Female Dwarf Cleric of Dranngvit 7 | AC 19 T 10 FF 19 | HP 57/63| Fort + 7 Ref + 2 Will + 11 | Init + 0 | Perc +4 Channel 4/4
Spells Cast:
Holy smite, bouncing hold person, remove fear, prayer, hold person
Tracked resources:
Command: 7/7 left; Strength Surge: 6/7 left

Furrowing her brow, Khari lets out a bitter laugh. "Missy? That's something that I haven't been called in a while. I'll be a hundred twenty-three, next winter." she scoffs before relaxing, "Khari'll do just fine, Red. Save the pet names for those you fancy." Falling in behind Rask, Khari readjusts her pack to ensure that she is ready to move out.


NG Male Dwarf Fighter 8 HP:100/104 AC: 22 TCH: 12 FF: 21 CMD: 24 (+4 vs giants, +4 vs AOOs, +1 vs Disarm/Sunder) | F+9*, R+5*, W+3*

Kiln shakes his head.

Scarab Sages

Dwarf Male Wizard 6/Monk 1 | Stunning Fist 1/1 | Spells 4/4/4/3 | Conj Spells -/1/1/1 | Bonded Spell | 6/6 Acid Darts | |Filth Fever | Flaming Sphere (4 uses remain) HP 51/51 | AC 14(T 13 FF 13) | CMD 15 | Saves 7/4/9 | Init 0 | Perception 10

"Haha. My sister Scarlet smells like a pig's sty and other dwarves still try to court her. Her idea of courting is smashing them in a duel, though!" BB laughs.

3,001 to 3,050 of 3,601 << first < prev | 56 | 57 | 58 | 59 | 60 | 61 | 62 | 63 | 64 | 65 | 66 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / DM RichD's GiantSlayer Gameplay Thread All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.