DM RichD's Giantslayer Campaign

Game Master Briccone

GiantSlayer Book 2: The Hill Giant's Pledge
Part 3: Redlake Fort

The heroes infiltrate an abandoned border fort full of orcs, ogres, and hill giants to end the threat against Trunau once and for all, only to learn of a much greater danger: a mysterious warlord amassing an army of giants for some fell purpose.


3,301 to 3,350 of 3,580 << first < prev | 62 | 63 | 64 | 65 | 66 | 67 | 68 | 69 | 70 | 71 | 72 | next > last >>

NARRATOR SS MAP/ CoT Map / GS Map / LP Map

Round 3

Rask, Kiln and the leopard punish the giantess.

Reflex save DC13: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (13) + 4 = 17

@Khari: Actually, Rask can cast enlarge person on himself using Agrimmosh, so if you want to take another action...

Up Next: Kurag!


Male HP: 66/66 AC: 19,14,15 saves F:5, R:11, W:4,+2 vs. poison, spells, and spell-like, perception +12, stealth +14 Init:+4 (+2 in mountains); Rng 5 Rog 2

Droja:

Female half-orc oracle 7 (Pathfinder RPG Advanced Player’s
Guide 42)
CN Medium humanoid (human, orc)
Init +0; Senses darkvision 60 ft.; Perception +10
DEFENSE
AC 19, touch 13, flat-footed 19 (+6 armor, +3 deflection)
hp 68 (7d8+33)
Fort +5, Ref +3, Will +7
Defensive Abilities orc ferocity
OFFENSE
Speed 30 ft.
Melee +1 longspear +5 (1d8/×3)
Ranged dart +5 (1d4–1)
Oracle Spells Known (CL 7th; concentration +11)
3rd (5/day)—animate dead, bestow curse (DC 17), cure
serious wounds, summon monster III
2nd (7/day)—aid, augury, cure moderate wounds, false life,
hold person (DC 16)
1st (7/day)—bane (DC 15), bless, cause fear (DC 15), cure
light wounds, deathwatch, doom (DC 15), shield of faith
0 (at will)—bleed (DC 14), detect magic, detect poison,
guidance, mending, read magic, stabilize
Mystery bones
TACTICS
Before Combat Droja casts false life every day. Before combat,
she conjures her armor of bones and casts shield of faith.
During Combat Droja prefers to use her spells to assist her
allies. Against foes attacking her directly, Droja summons
allies with summon monster III, then uses bestow curse,
hold person, or her death’s touch ability against foes.
Morale Droja attempts to flee or surrender if reduced to fewer
than 18 hit points.
STATISTICS
Str 8, Dex 10, Con 14, Int 12, Wis 13, Cha 18
Base Atk +5; CMB +4; CMD 17
Feats Alertness, Brew Potion, Combat Casting, Toughness
Skills Bluff +10, Heal +10, Intimidate +14, Knowledge (local) +5,
Knowledge (religion) +8, Perception +10, Sense Motive +10,
Spellcraft +8, Stealth +8
Languages Common, Giant, Orc
SQ oracle’s curse (clouded vision), orc blood, revelations (armor
of bones, death’s touch, voice of the grave)
Combat Gear potion of cure serious wounds, potion of
invisibility, wand of remove curse (9 charges), holy
water (2); Other Gear +1 longspear, darts (4), cloak of
resistance +1, spell component pouch, fortune-telling bones
(worth 25 gp), two onyxes (worth 100 gp each), 93 gp

Seeing that her spell took hold Droja stands there contemplating the giantess for a second before ramming her longspear into her chest.

coup de grace damage 3d8 ⇒ (3, 8, 1) = 12 fort DC 22 or dead

Kurag hears Khari call out about the wolf and tries his best to comply with her. Not the best against animals but I will do what I can.

point blank precise rapid bless prayer despair 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (4) + 10 = 14 for 1d8 + 4 ⇒ (8) + 4 = 12
second shot 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (15) + 10 = 25 for 1d8 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 = 8


NARRATOR SS MAP/ CoT Map / GS Map / LP Map

Fort Save DC22: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (17) + 13 = 30

Even with the spear-thrust, the giantess looks to be alive!

Will Save 16 (HP): 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (15) + 2 = 17

An agonizing, wrathful scream escapes the giant's mouth!

Kurag wounds a wolf. The wolf tries to bite Rask.

Attack: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (20) + 7 = 27
Attack Confirm: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (14) + 7 = 21
Damage: 1d8 + 6 ⇒ (1) + 6 = 7

Round 4
Rask Hammersong 20(51/84)WOUNDED
Scar 20(-9/37)DEAD
Fang 17(-56/37) DEAD
Grenseldek 13(0/118)WOUNDED
BB Beetle 12(44/44)
Grenseldek Bodyguard 1 11(-15/56)DEAD
Nibble 11(-15/37)DEAD
Kiln Redaxe 10(56/90)WOUNDED
Furball 7(17/37)
Khari Dronwoth 6(54/54)
Kurag Urlot III 5(56/56)
Grenseldek Bodyguard 2 1(-8/56)DEAD

Next Up: Everyone!

The giantess is at 0 HP and has a 24 AC so the next person that does any damage to her, causes her to die! The wolf is at 20HP and has an AC 14.

Scarab Sages

Dwarf Male Wizard 6/Monk 1 | Stunning Fist 1/1 | Spells 4/4/4/3 | Conj Spells -/1/1/1 | Bonded Spell | 6/6 Acid Darts | |Filth Fever | Flaming Sphere (4 uses remain) HP 51/51 | AC 14(T 13 FF 13) | CMD 15 | Saves 7/4/9 | Init 0 | Perception 10

BB's summoned Leopard claws into Grenseldek.

bite: 1d20 + 6 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 6 + 2 = 12
Damage: 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7
Grab attempt if it hit: 1d20 + 9 + 2 ⇒ (20) + 9 + 2 = 31

claw 1: 1d20 + 6 + 2 ⇒ (12) + 6 + 2 = 20
Damage: 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (6) + 3 = 9

claw 2: 1d20 + 6 + 2 ⇒ (13) + 6 + 2 = 21
Damage: 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (6) + 3 = 9

BB's Flaming Sphere focuses on the wolf instead, dealing 3d6 fire damage Unless the wolf makes a DC 13 Reflex save for none.

Meanwhile, BB fires an acid dart at the wolf.

Acid Dart, Ranged Touch: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4
Damage: 1d4 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3


Male HP: 66/66 AC: 19,14,15 saves F:5, R:11, W:4,+2 vs. poison, spells, and spell-like, perception +12, stealth +14 Init:+4 (+2 in mountains); Rng 5 Rog 2

Droja bot

longspear attack on wolf 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (13) + 7 = 20 for 1d8 ⇒ 4

Kurag

Hoping that the others can take care of the giant Kurag continues to focus on the wolf that Khari wished him to take out already.

point blank precise rapid bless prayer despair 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (2) + 10 = 12 for 1d8 + 5 ⇒ (2) + 5 = 7
second shot 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (19) + 10 = 29 for 1d8 + 5 ⇒ (5) + 5 = 10


1 person marked this as a favorite.
NG Male Dwarf Fighter 7 HP:87/91 AC: 22 TCH: 12 FF: 21 CMD: 24 (+4 vs giants, +4 vs AOOs, +1 vs Disarm/Sunder) | F+8*, R+4*, W+3*

Kiln attacks Grenseldek with Torag’s Edge...

Torag's Edge PA Hit: 1d20 + 13 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (10) + 13 + 1 + 1 = 25 19-20/x3, S
Torags’s Edge PA Damage: 1d12 + 16 + 1 ⇒ (11) + 16 + 1 = 28

and finishes her off. He then takes a 5’ step to attack the wolf...

Torag's Edge PA Hit: 1d20 + 6 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (17) + 6 + 1 + 1 = 25 19-20/x3, S
Torags’s Edge PA Damage: 1d12 + 16 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 16 + 1 = 22

And finishes it off too.

I think those other attacks didn’t do enough.


LG Male Dwarf fighter 4 / paladin 3 (HP 98 AC:23 T:10 F:23 Saves F:+12 R:+4 W:+7 CMB:+11 CMD:21 Init:+0 Perc: +12)

Rask: AC 23/27 vs Giants; HP 55/84; LoH 0/2; Smite 0/1
Rask; Lay on Hands: 1d6 ⇒ 4

Rask nods to Kiln as he finishes off the giantess and the remaining wolf, "thanks. She was mighty angry at us." He also takes a moment to heal some of his wounds.


Female Dwarf Cleric of Dranngvit 7 | AC 19 T 10 FF 19 | HP 57/63| Fort + 7 Ref + 2 Will + 11 | Init + 0 | Perc +4 Channel 4/4
Spells Cast:
Holy smite, bouncing hold person, remove fear, prayer
Tracked resources:
Command: 7/7 left; Strength Surge: 6/7 left

Allowing her spell to fade, Khari lets out a low whistle. "Aye she was; what's this about a grave?" Going around to each enemy, Khari thwacks them each in the head, to ensure that they are truly gone. With the grisly task done, Khari channels the power of her goddess again, to allow healing energy to flow through her and over her allies.

Channel Positive energy to heal: 3d6 ⇒ (2, 1, 4) = 7


NG Male Dwarf Fighter 7 HP:87/91 AC: 22 TCH: 12 FF: 21 CMD: 24 (+4 vs giants, +4 vs AOOs, +1 vs Disarm/Sunder) | F+8*, R+4*, W+3*

Kiln feels the healing energy waft over him, "thank you Khari, but I don't suppose you have some more of that?"


LG Male Dwarf fighter 4 / paladin 3 (HP 98 AC:23 T:10 F:23 Saves F:+12 R:+4 W:+7 CMB:+11 CMD:21 Init:+0 Perc: +12)

I missed the last wolf bite damage, so the +7 from Khari, exactly offsets the -7 from the wolf, so my hp total from 3 posts above is actually now correct.
Also, I forgot about being able to enlarge myself with Agrimmosh.

"Thanks from me also Khari, but as Kiln mentions, we both could use a little more if Dranngvit gifted you with additional healing."


Female Dwarf Cleric of Dranngvit 7 | AC 19 T 10 FF 19 | HP 57/63| Fort + 7 Ref + 2 Will + 11 | Init + 0 | Perc +4 Channel 4/4
Spells Cast:
Holy smite, bouncing hold person, remove fear, prayer
Tracked resources:
Command: 7/7 left; Strength Surge: 6/7 left

Khari shakes her head, "Of course, that was not the best show of Dranngvit's gifts. Maybe she's displeased with me?" she mutters, channeling her goddess again. "Have we found the missing skull?"

Channel: 3d6 ⇒ (6, 3, 5) = 14


NG Male Dwarf Fighter 7 HP:87/91 AC: 22 TCH: 12 FF: 21 CMD: 24 (+4 vs giants, +4 vs AOOs, +1 vs Disarm/Sunder) | F+8*, R+4*, W+3*

"Thank you, I feel much better."


LG Male Dwarf fighter 4 / paladin 3 (HP 98 AC:23 T:10 F:23 Saves F:+12 R:+4 W:+7 CMB:+11 CMD:21 Init:+0 Perc: +12)

Rask: AC 23/27 vs Giants; HP 69/84; LoH 0/2; Smite 0/1

"Ah, much better. Thank you Khari" Rask says. He looks over at Kurag, and asks "have you found anything of interest?"

Scarab Sages

Dwarf Male Wizard 6/Monk 1 | Stunning Fist 1/1 | Spells 4/4/4/3 | Conj Spells -/1/1/1 | Bonded Spell | 6/6 Acid Darts | |Filth Fever | Flaming Sphere (4 uses remain) HP 51/51 | AC 14(T 13 FF 13) | CMD 15 | Saves 7/4/9 | Init 0 | Perception 10

BB pets the leopard and then dismisses it once the grisly deed is done. Khari makes it especially gruesome. "It's over now."

"We came here to find the remains of- of the horrible castellan. The skull, I believe. I'll look for that."

Perception: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (5) + 7 = 12


Male HP: 66/66 AC: 19,14,15 saves F:5, R:11, W:4,+2 vs. poison, spells, and spell-like, perception +12, stealth +14 Init:+4 (+2 in mountains); Rng 5 Rog 2

Kurag shakes himself free from his thoughts as the others go about the tasks following combat. Of those tasks his was to search the area for anything of interest. As such he finally gets to it taking his time to do it right.

Take 20 for 31 or stone for 33.


NARRATOR SS MAP/ CoT Map / GS Map / LP Map

Kurag examines each wall of the room until he comes to a section of the wall where the bricks don't match up. Rask and Kiln go to work and in moments, the bricks are down.

Aside from thick cobwebs and hundreds of harmless spiders, the dark alcove behind the wall at first appears empty, but as Kurag reaches his hand in, he finds a curious human skull lying forgotten beneath the cobwebs and broken masonry.

On the body of Grenseldek you find a potion of cure serious wounds, +1 scale mail, +2 handaxe, mwk handaxe, mwk composite longbow (+9 Str) with 20 arrows.

On the bodies of her bodyguards you find on each a potion of cure serious wounds, potion of haste, potion of aid, thunderstone, +1 studded leather, mwk greataxe, throwing axes (2), 48 gp.

You also find a geode that complements the same geode you found in the tomb back in Trunau.

K37-Balcolny

A balcony skirted with stone crenellations offers a commanding view of the fort’s inner yards and buildings. Two ornate doors, one in the north and one in the east, provide access to the keep’s upper floor.

You bring the skull to the chapel where the ghost of Fabian Blix appears and he nods approvingly. Laying the complete skeleton on the altar, Rask and Kiln go to work and you sense the fort has broken free from the evil that tainted it.

As he starts to fade-permanently this time. Blix suggests you check the statue of Iomedae. Kurag goes to work and in seconds finds a secret compartment where he finds a curious medallion-The Glory Medalion! When channeling positive energy, the bearer can treat one die roll of a 1 as a 6 when determining the amount of damage healed by living creatures or dealt to undead creatures. The wearer also gains a +2 bonus to heal checks as long as they wear the medallion.

Droja turns to you all and thanks you for allowing her to witness your latest glory! She also tells you that she has seen a future where you all are hearalded for many more great deeds! She doesn't know if she will go back to her tribe or a settlement more tolerant of half-orcs, but at least the choice, finally, is hers.

On your way back, you visit the marsh where Sergei is fulfilling his year-long trial. Bormann is keeping him company and the two have been clearing the marsh from evil inhabitants.

Greta accompanied the brother and sister, Umlo and Ingrahild back to their home. You stay a few days with Sergei and Bormann and sing many a dwarven song and tell many a dwarven tale while you wait for Bloodtusk's boat. He is surprised that you all survived and he spends the rest of the journey trying to get Kurag to give him back Lucky.

You stop off at the way station and let Calrianne know all about her great-grandfather. She peppers you for many fetails and can't thank you enough.

You arrive back in Trunau to a hero's welcome. Many feel that with the giant and orc alliance broken and the band's leader defeated, Trunau is safe. It is only when you meet with Halgra, Silvermane and the city council that you reveal the truth. There is a giant warlord-Volstut the Storm Tyrant who is gathering an army of giants in a secluded valley in the Mindspin Mountains that could threaten not only Belkzen (and Trunau), but other nations bordering the mountains as well. You had learned this with the coorespondence he had written Grenseldek spurning her offer.

In addition, you now possess both halves of the geode treasure map. The geodes’ crystalline interiors model the topography of the Mindspin Mountains, and a carved groove through the crystals represents a trail through the mountains. You figure this might be a map to the treasure Ingrahild and Umlo Nargrymkin, descendants of Nargrym Steelhand, were looking for—the tomb of their famous, giant-slaying ancestor Nargrym Steelhand, which likely contains weapons that can be used against the Storm Tyrant and his giant minions.

Whew! That was a lot! Feel free to go back and complete any of the fort you bypassed, RP with Blix, Droja, Sergei, Bormann, Calrianne, Bloodtusk, Halgra, Silvermane or anyone else!

You are all also 7th level. Please level up in the discussion thread.

This Saturday I will be going away to visit family for two weels and won't be back until after the first week in October. I am going to try to keep up, but might be out-of-pocket for most of the visit. We will hit the next book when I get back.

COMPLETED
K1-Barbican
K2A-Bear Pit
K2B-Bear Pit
K3-Guarded Bridge
K4-Orcs (Evacuated)
K5-Droja (Evacuated)
K6-Sewer Tunnel
K7-General Karrguk's Tent
K9-Gatehouse
K10-Gaate Tower
K11A-Guard Tower
K11B-Guard Tower
K11C-Guard Tower
K11D-Guard Tower
K11E-Guard Tower
K12A-Wall Scythe Trap
K12B-Falling Portcullis Trap
K13-Outer Bailey
K14-Kennel (IGNORED)
K15-Mess Hall
K16-Midden
K17-Latrine
K18-Kitchen
K19-Larder (Haunted)
K20-Inner Ward
K21-Well
K22-Haunted Chapel (Need Skeleton)
K23-Gatehouse Roof
K24A-Upper Gate Tower
K24B-Upper Gate Tower
K25A-Upper Guard Room
K25B-Upper Guard Room
K25C-Upper Guard Room
K25D-Upper Guard Room
K25E-Upper Guard Room
K26-Guard Platform
K27-Abandoned Barracks
K28-Bell Tower
K29-Entrance Hall
K30-Latrine
K31-Upper Well
K32-Treasury
K33-Storage Cellar (HAUNTED)
K34-Armory
K35-Cesspool
K36-Grenseldek's Bedchamber
K37-Balcolny

Lower Level

Upper Level

Scarab Sages

Dwarf Male Wizard 6/Monk 1 | Stunning Fist 1/1 | Spells 4/4/4/3 | Conj Spells -/1/1/1 | Bonded Spell | 6/6 Acid Darts | |Filth Fever | Flaming Sphere (4 uses remain) HP 51/51 | AC 14(T 13 FF 13) | CMD 15 | Saves 7/4/9 | Init 0 | Perception 10

BB is glad to dispel the curse and cleanse the fort. He's also glad to put a spirit to rest. He smiles as the orcs and giants flee. "Heh. We got em good."

He's also excited to hear Umlo and Ingrahild are doing well together. "One of these days, I'm gonna find my sister Scarlet and I'll be as happy as those two! Hehe!"

BB will give Calrianne as many details as she can handle. Eventually the party realizes she's getting tired of BB's questions and discreetly usher him from her home.

BB spends the days on the Captain's ship with a terrible fever. "That latrine back at the fort didn't smell nice. Didn't taste nice either, but when you fall face first in.... ugh."

Filfth Fever Fort Saves: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (1) + 7 = 8
Filfth Fever Fort Saves: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (11) + 7 = 18
Filfth Fever Fort Saves: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (4) + 7 = 11
Filfth Fever Fort Saves: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (12) + 7 = 19
Filfth Fever Fort Saves: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (8) + 7 = 15
Filfth Fever Fort Saves: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (15) + 7 = 22

Eventually the illness wears off and BB returns to Trunau. He starts writing letters to his family when he's called again for adventure. "A treasure map? Wow. And more giants? They never give up, huh? Well, neither do we!"


Male HP: 66/66 AC: 19,14,15 saves F:5, R:11, W:4,+2 vs. poison, spells, and spell-like, perception +12, stealth +14 Init:+4 (+2 in mountains); Rng 5 Rog 2

When the ordeal with the castellan's remains was over and the Glory Medallion was found Kurag took his leave momentarily to look out over the fort. there was too much evidence of death and destruction and horror that dwelt here that he wasn't sure if they should recommend the entire area being destroyed or if another band of heroic men and women should come and garrison the place once again. Sighing in contemplation Kurag realizes that it is not up to him to decide. If the council from Trunau wished it to be so then he would help escort those that wanted to try and settle the area. then again from what Fabian and Droja told them there is possibly a more dangerous path ahead of them already.

Done with his introspective searching he whistled loudly and saw Lucky come hurrying across the bridge to him. Their connection seemed to have strengthened while they were apart in the fort. Lucky seemed stronger and healthier while he was outside waiting for Kurag and the others to clear the fort. Hopping down from the balcony Kurag ran a hand along Lucky's flank. There, there boy. We are back together now and we will have a long time to get to know each other better as well. I am looking forward to some long rides with you as we travel back home.

Updating Lucky soon.

The journey from the fort to the marsh and the way station was mostly uneventful. He helped fill int he details with Bormann and Sergei but stayed mostly quiet as BB fill in Calrianne. All he really said to her wa at the end that if she wanted support in occupying the fort he would do what he could at Trunau and send others along the way.

Back at Trunau Kurag immediately went to report to the council to inform them of what they discovered and experienced. Kurag recited all that he could as professionally as possible until the very end. It was only then that he made a request. If the council wishes it I would request leave from the Trunau militia. I can not in good conscience remain in the militia when I feel it is my destiny to follow the geode and investigate the threat of Volstut The Storm Lord.


LG Male Dwarf fighter 4 / paladin 3 (HP 98 AC:23 T:10 F:23 Saves F:+12 R:+4 W:+7 CMB:+11 CMD:21 Init:+0 Perc: +12)

Now that the group is back in Trunau, Rask turns to the group, after BB leaves, and asks; "Torag himself, or maybe it was just a dream I was having, told me to come be here with you."

Stumbling for a moment as if to find the right words, "however as with all visions, he was not specific on why, which is what I am asking you now. What is this Glory Medallion that you are talking about, and what is our ultimate goal?"


NG Male Dwarf Fighter 7 HP:87/91 AC: 22 TCH: 12 FF: 21 CMD: 24 (+4 vs giants, +4 vs AOOs, +1 vs Disarm/Sunder) | F+8*, R+4*, W+3*

"I can speak for none but myself. I was a foundling on your mission, and well glad am I that you found me. I know nothing of this town, but if your mission involves killing more dwarves, then by Torag, and his axe I am blessed to wield, I know that I want in."


NG Male Dwarf Fighter 7 HP:87/91 AC: 22 TCH: 12 FF: 21 CMD: 24 (+4 vs giants, +4 vs AOOs, +1 vs Disarm/Sunder) | F+8*, R+4*, W+3*

"Is there loot to be sold? Where would we do so? What is a good inn around here? I'd like a good bath, and really this armor pinches. Do you think I could find a decent suit of full plate in this place?"


Female Dwarf Cleric of Dranngvit 7 | AC 19 T 10 FF 19 | HP 57/63| Fort + 7 Ref + 2 Will + 11 | Init + 0 | Perc +4 Channel 4/4
Spells Cast:
Holy smite, bouncing hold person, remove fear, prayer
Tracked resources:
Command: 7/7 left; Strength Surge: 6/7 left

Khari offers a shrug to Kiln, "I'm not sure; Besides this necklace, there didn't seem to be much in the way of loot sized for us." Watching Kurag speak with the townsfolk, Khari shakes her head. "I'm sure that Kurag would know the best merchants in the area to send us to, he's lived her most of his life."


NG Male Dwarf Fighter 7 HP:87/91 AC: 22 TCH: 12 FF: 21 CMD: 24 (+4 vs giants, +4 vs AOOs, +1 vs Disarm/Sunder) | F+8*, R+4*, W+3*

Kiln nods at Khari's words. "Fair enough, but a throat is parched, and a beer is needed."


Male HP: 66/66 AC: 19,14,15 saves F:5, R:11, W:4,+2 vs. poison, spells, and spell-like, perception +12, stealth +14 Init:+4 (+2 in mountains); Rng 5 Rog 2

When he is done with the council and is able to take his leave Kurag finds the others waiting for him. Hearing their concerns and desires to sell some of the loot found he leads them to all of the shops and businesses that they need to go. I am not sure though what all may be available. They were rebuilding from the siege when we left and that takes time to recover from. Hopefully they have some items though that will interest you or be ablet o purchase or trade with you.


NG Male Dwarf Fighter 7 HP:87/91 AC: 22 TCH: 12 FF: 21 CMD: 24 (+4 vs giants, +4 vs AOOs, +1 vs Disarm/Sunder) | F+8*, R+4*, W+3*

"A well, tis hard to find good craftdwarfship outside of the home mountains anyways. Not to mention that I am low on the coin, but a dwarf can dream, can't he?"


NG Male Dwarf Fighter 7 HP:87/91 AC: 22 TCH: 12 FF: 21 CMD: 24 (+4 vs giants, +4 vs AOOs, +1 vs Disarm/Sunder) | F+8*, R+4*, W+3*

"Or at least have a drink, hahaha."


NG Male Dwarf Fighter 7 HP:87/91 AC: 22 TCH: 12 FF: 21 CMD: 24 (+4 vs giants, +4 vs AOOs, +1 vs Disarm/Sunder) | F+8*, R+4*, W+3*

"There are some pubs in this town, right?"


Male HP: 66/66 AC: 19,14,15 saves F:5, R:11, W:4,+2 vs. poison, spells, and spell-like, perception +12, stealth +14 Init:+4 (+2 in mountains); Rng 5 Rog 2

Kurag laughed easily at Kiln's worried expression on his face. Yes they have pubs here. However I should caution you that inebriation is frowned upon. Trunau is a border settlement that has just seen a massive attack. You never know when the next will be and recovery is more important than the creation of stronger spirits than a simple ale.

Hoping to mollify Kiln though Kurag adds, I am sure though that with our recent endeavors we are entitled to some rest and recuperation. A drink or two is in order.


NG Male Dwarf Fighter 7 HP:87/91 AC: 22 TCH: 12 FF: 21 CMD: 24 (+4 vs giants, +4 vs AOOs, +1 vs Disarm/Sunder) | F+8*, R+4*, W+3*

”I’ve no desire, or need, to become inebriated, so rest your worries there.”


NG Male Dwarf Fighter 7 HP:87/91 AC: 22 TCH: 12 FF: 21 CMD: 24 (+4 vs giants, +4 vs AOOs, +1 vs Disarm/Sunder) | F+8*, R+4*, W+3*

"A nip of the local brew is all that I seek in this regard."


LG Male Dwarf fighter 4 / paladin 3 (HP 98 AC:23 T:10 F:23 Saves F:+12 R:+4 W:+7 CMB:+11 CMD:21 Init:+0 Perc: +12)

Columbus Day weekend was camper closing weekend. Wife and I are exhausted (and sad) from all the chores to shut down and close it up till next May.

Rask follows Kurag and Kiln to the nearest pub and has a few. "Not bad" he muses.


NG Male Dwarf Fighter 7 HP:87/91 AC: 22 TCH: 12 FF: 21 CMD: 24 (+4 vs giants, +4 vs AOOs, +1 vs Disarm/Sunder) | F+8*, R+4*, W+3*

”I’ve had better, although I have certainly had worse also.”


Female Dwarf Cleric of Dranngvit 7 | AC 19 T 10 FF 19 | HP 57/63| Fort + 7 Ref + 2 Will + 11 | Init + 0 | Perc +4 Channel 4/4
Spells Cast:
Holy smite, bouncing hold person, remove fear, prayer
Tracked resources:
Command: 7/7 left; Strength Surge: 6/7 left

Khari follows behind the men, pulling out her coin purse out. "Next round will be on me." she states, taking a seat next to Rask, before setting down a handful of silver pieces onto the bar.


NG Male Dwarf Fighter 7 HP:87/91 AC: 22 TCH: 12 FF: 21 CMD: 24 (+4 vs giants, +4 vs AOOs, +1 vs Disarm/Sunder) | F+8*, R+4*, W+3*

"I like how you think!"


NG Male Dwarf Fighter 7 HP:87/91 AC: 22 TCH: 12 FF: 21 CMD: 24 (+4 vs giants, +4 vs AOOs, +1 vs Disarm/Sunder) | F+8*, R+4*, W+3*

Kiln wipes the foam from his beard, "what's next?"


NG Male Dwarf Fighter 7 HP:87/91 AC: 22 TCH: 12 FF: 21 CMD: 24 (+4 vs giants, +4 vs AOOs, +1 vs Disarm/Sunder) | F+8*, R+4*, W+3*

"Do they play darts in this establishment? Dwarves are the best at darts, as you all know!"


Female Dwarf Cleric of Dranngvit 7 | AC 19 T 10 FF 19 | HP 57/63| Fort + 7 Ref + 2 Will + 11 | Init + 0 | Perc +4 Channel 4/4
Spells Cast:
Holy smite, bouncing hold person, remove fear, prayer
Tracked resources:
Command: 7/7 left; Strength Surge: 6/7 left

Paying the tab, Khari shrugs. "I'm not sure, probably follow this map geode, and see if it actually leads to the long lost treasure of whomever. It at least gives us a goal to work towards," glancing around the room, Khari lowers her voice, "And may lead to some better ale."


NG Male Dwarf Fighter 7 HP:87/91 AC: 22 TCH: 12 FF: 21 CMD: 24 (+4 vs giants, +4 vs AOOs, +1 vs Disarm/Sunder) | F+8*, R+4*, W+3*

"No reason to go for looking for trouble says I. It will often find you soon enough anyways."


NG Male Dwarf Fighter 7 HP:87/91 AC: 22 TCH: 12 FF: 21 CMD: 24 (+4 vs giants, +4 vs AOOs, +1 vs Disarm/Sunder) | F+8*, R+4*, W+3*

"Although, it was lucky for me when you all came along looking for trouble."


NG Male Dwarf Fighter 7 HP:87/91 AC: 22 TCH: 12 FF: 21 CMD: 24 (+4 vs giants, +4 vs AOOs, +1 vs Disarm/Sunder) | F+8*, R+4*, W+3*

"Of course, it's not like we're gnomes, and afraid of bleaching out if life is too unexciting."


Female Dwarf Cleric of Dranngvit 7 | AC 19 T 10 FF 19 | HP 57/63| Fort + 7 Ref + 2 Will + 11 | Init + 0 | Perc +4 Channel 4/4
Spells Cast:
Holy smite, bouncing hold person, remove fear, prayer
Tracked resources:
Command: 7/7 left; Strength Surge: 6/7 left

Khari shrugs at Kiln's words. "While I agree that we don't need to look for trouble, sitting safely doesn't always guarantee safety." she states grimly, taking a deep swig of her drink. "I'd rather die on an adventure than by a surprise attack in a place where I thought I was safe."


NG Male Dwarf Fighter 7 HP:87/91 AC: 22 TCH: 12 FF: 21 CMD: 24 (+4 vs giants, +4 vs AOOs, +1 vs Disarm/Sunder) | F+8*, R+4*, W+3*

"That's about what I said, trouble will find you itself."


LG Male Dwarf fighter 4 / paladin 3 (HP 98 AC:23 T:10 F:23 Saves F:+12 R:+4 W:+7 CMB:+11 CMD:21 Init:+0 Perc: +12)

"So where to next?" Rask queries. "Torag himself suggested that this was a long term adventure."


NG Male Dwarf Fighter 7 HP:87/91 AC: 22 TCH: 12 FF: 21 CMD: 24 (+4 vs giants, +4 vs AOOs, +1 vs Disarm/Sunder) | F+8*, R+4*, W+3*

"I'm no priest, or an oddsmaker, but I'd say we're waiting for something, or someone. you know, one of those interludes that the skalds are always on about."


Female Dwarf Cleric of Dranngvit 7 | AC 19 T 10 FF 19 | HP 57/63| Fort + 7 Ref + 2 Will + 11 | Init + 0 | Perc +4 Channel 4/4
Spells Cast:
Holy smite, bouncing hold person, remove fear, prayer
Tracked resources:
Command: 7/7 left; Strength Surge: 6/7 left

Sighing wearily, Khari watches Kurag interact with his friends. "I'm inclined to agree with Kiln." taking another small sip, Khari continues, "I believe that Kurag can find any trail, but with the departure of B.B., things we find ourselves lacking anyone who is well learned. I've heard stories of things hidden in the Varisian countryside. Nasty surprises. It is probably best if we pick up someone gifted in the arcane arts." scanning the small pub, Khari empties her glass before placing another coin on the counter, signaling a refill.


NG Male Dwarf Fighter 7 HP:87/91 AC: 22 TCH: 12 FF: 21 CMD: 24 (+4 vs giants, +4 vs AOOs, +1 vs Disarm/Sunder) | F+8*, R+4*, W+3*

"The arcane arts? Why not another strong axe or hammer? We've got you for the casty stuff!"


LG Male Dwarf fighter 4 / paladin 3 (HP 98 AC:23 T:10 F:23 Saves F:+12 R:+4 W:+7 CMB:+11 CMD:21 Init:+0 Perc: +12)

"Ah Kiln, Khari has the right of it. That is what you and I are for! To smash and slice our foes. When I was a caravan guard in the Under Dark, it was nice to have a wizard that could control or confuse the enemies while me and the other guards whacked them down."


Init: +0 | Perception +2, Darkvision 60' | CMD 13 (15 vs bull rush/trip) HP: 56/56 | AC 10 (18) / T 10 / FF 10 (18) | Fort +6 | Ref +4 | Will +9 (+2 vs poison/spell/SLA)

Ondek approaches the table of dwarves with a pitcher of foamy beer and a tankard in hand.

Dwarven: "Greetings, all. I am Ondek Brightstone and I couldn't help but hear that your were on the lookout for an arcane practitioner. I am a wizard, an Enchanter by trade, and I find myself looking for some new adventuring partners. My previous allies seem to have decided to either settle down or move westward, and I yearn for more knowledge and adventure. Could I be of assitance?"

Wearing fine blue traveling robes and carrying a well-carved oaken quarterstaff in his opposite hand, Ondek offers a wide smile and to top off anyone's tankard if they desire.


LG Male Dwarf fighter 4 / paladin 3 (HP 98 AC:23 T:10 F:23 Saves F:+12 R:+4 W:+7 CMB:+11 CMD:21 Init:+0 Perc: +12)

Downing the remains of what was in his tankard, and holding it out towards Ondek, "greetings Ondek. Anyone who shows up with a full pitcher and offers refills is welcome. Especially since you are a wizard and we are looking for one!" quips Rask.


Init: +0 | Perception +2, Darkvision 60' | CMD 13 (15 vs bull rush/trip) HP: 56/56 | AC 10 (18) / T 10 / FF 10 (18) | Fort +6 | Ref +4 | Will +9 (+2 vs poison/spell/SLA)

"A fortuitous encounter, then! You find yourselves in need of a wizard, and here I am! I find myself in need of new traveling companions and stout dwarven warriors to adventure with, and here you are! And of course, this delicious cold ale has found new mugs to fill!"

Ondek fills the offered cup then his own, before sitting down.

"So, what task are you set upon that requires magical support? Do you have a hidden mine, or ancient crypt you seek? Somewhere dangerous and full of profitable monstrous encounters? Or do you have a more prosaic, war-based trade in mind? In any case, I gladly offer my spells and knowledge for your cause."

3,301 to 3,350 of 3,580 << first < prev | 62 | 63 | 64 | 65 | 66 | 67 | 68 | 69 | 70 | 71 | 72 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / DM RichD's GiantSlayer Gameplay Thread All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.