DM RichD's Giantslayer Campaign

Game Master Briccone

GiantSlayer Book 2: The Hill Giant's Pledge
Part 3: Redlake Fort

The heroes infiltrate an abandoned border fort full of orcs, ogres, and hill giants to end the threat against Trunau once and for all, only to learn of a much greater danger: a mysterious warlord amassing an army of giants for some fell purpose.


3,201 to 3,250 of 3,601 << first < prev | 60 | 61 | 62 | 63 | 64 | 65 | 66 | 67 | 68 | 69 | 70 | next > last >>

NARRATOR CoT Map / GS Map / SS MAP/

After a few moments a ghostly figure appears. He nods and offers a weary smile. Your respect in this sacred place is pleasing and much in contrast to the forts other occupants. I am Fabian Blix and I need your help. First let me tell you a tale most foul!

Sorry Khari! He is long-winded!

Long ago when this fort was beseiged by orcs, the fort’s castellan, Tamand Varias, first pondered cannibalism, and he sought my counsel, hoping for assurance that the church would absolve him of wrongdoing on his deathbed. Shocked by this proposal, I provided no such guarantee and
instead advised the castellan to surrender the fort to the orcs in exchange for the garrison’s freedom. Varias argued that surrender was tantamount to suicide and vowed to hold the fort at any cost. When I responded that the cost might be his soul, the castellan went insane with rage and struck me down with his sword.

Resolute to what must be done to feed his troops, Varias locked up the chapel and quietly began murdering those deemed unnecessary for the fort’s defense—primarily the families of the soldiers—while I became the first person to be fed to the garrison. To explain this newly discovered supply of fresh meat, Varias told his troops that I had been hoarding food in the chapel, and when discovered, had fled like a coward into the night, abandoning the garrison to its fate. He also claimed that for their safety, the soldiers’ families and the fort’s remaining food supply had been barricaded inside the chapel, where Iomedae would watch over and protect them. In reality, of course, the chapel was empty, and the garrison’s family members were being slaughtered in the keep’s basement to provide sustenance to the fort’s soldiers. The garrison’s soldiers praised the castellan for his foresight and continued to fight, believing that surrender to the orcs would doom their loved ones—all the time unaware that their families were already dead, and ignorant to the horror that they had supped on their own flesh and blood.

Horrified by the castellan’s plan and wracked with guilt that I could not stop it, I rose as a ghost soon after my murder. Finding myself bound to the chapel, I was unable to warn the garrison of the fate their loved ones were to suffer, but I did manage to appear to my own family members in their dreams, telling them of my murder at the castellan’s hands and urging them to flee the fort as soon as possible. My wife decided to confront Varias, only to wind up in the stewpot, but my twin sons escaped the castellan’s murderous wrath by squeezing through the latrine area K30. Unfortunately,
during their flight, one of my boys fell and broke his neck in the cesspool, but his brother Calrianne Blix’s greatgrandfather survived and escaped the fort via the sewer tunnel K6.

I believe that ridding the fort of Tamand Varias’s foul influence and cleansing it of the sins visited here so long ago will finally allow me to know peace. The only way I knows of to accomplish this is to bring the castellan’s remains to the chapel and destroy them upon
Iomedae’s altar. Unfortunately, I do not know exactly where Varias’s bones now lie, though I can tell you that they are somewhere in the fort. What say you? Can I count on you to rid this fort once and for all of this horrid taint and allow me to rest?

Helpful DM Hint:


Male HP: 76/76 AC: 20,15,15 saves F:6, R:12, W:5,+2 vs. poison, spells, and spell-like, perception +13, stealth +16 Init:+5 (+2 in mountains); Rng 6 Rog 2

Kurag listens with interest turning to horror at the thought of the castellan killing family members to feed the soldiers. He could help,but ask once the ghost stopped his story though, Did none of the soldiers ever find out? How did the siege end?

Turning to the others kuragmade a low whistle. That is why I was driven with hunger and tried to attack you. It was the forces of this place and the cannibalistic nature that overtook me. I am sorry my friends but I think we should explore those areas that are haunted more. I will stay out though as it seems I am susceptible to their effects.

Are there any areas left we have not explored?

Scarab Sages

Dwarf Male Wizard 6/Monk 1 | Stunning Fist 1/1 | Spells 4/4/4/3 | Conj Spells -/1/1/1 | Bonded Spell | 6/6 Acid Darts | |Filth Fever | Flaming Sphere (4 uses remain) HP 51/51 | AC 14(T 13 FF 13) | CMD 15 | Saves 7/4/9 | Init 0 | Perception 10

BB's smile and optimism are gone by the end of the tale. "Th-that's awful... They fought to protect their family, but the families were already dead." He shakes his head.

"Of course we're going to help. We need to cleanse this place and we need to put you to rest. I saw a skeleton wearing the castellian's clothing in the armory. The ogres were trying to speak to his in some kind of ritual."

"Sir! I mean, your holiness! Your descendant, Calrianne, asked us to find out the truth about her family. Your bloodline survives." BB thought it was good to tell him about his surviving family, at least.


LG Male Dwarf fighter 4 / paladin 4 (HP 112 AC:23 T:10 F:23 Saves F:+13 R:+4 W:+8 +1 Will vs. fear, +2 vs. poison, spells, and spell-like abilities CMB:+12 CMD:22 Init:+0 Perc: +13)

Muttering to himself, Rask says loud enough to be heard by the others, "ah Torag, so this is why you sent me to the surface world."

Turning to the Blix, "of course we will help you. As BB remembers where the castellian is, we shall go there right away and bring the bones back to here."

He then shoulders Agrimmosh and waits for the others.


Female Dwarf Cleric of Dranngvit 7 | AC 19 T 10 FF 19 | HP 57/63| Fort + 7 Ref + 2 Will + 11 | Init + 0 | Perc +4 Channel 4/4
Spells Cast:
Holy smite, bouncing hold person, remove fear, prayer, hold person
Tracked resources:
Command: 7/7 left; Strength Surge: 6/7 left

Khari pales at the tale, horrified that anyone would stoop so low. Clutching her necklace, Khari mulls over their options. "I think we can handle ridding this fort of its taint." she confirms, preparing to follow Rask.


NARRATOR CoT Map / GS Map / SS MAP/

The Priest looks sadly at Kurag. For a time, Varias was successful; with fresh meat in the garrison’s bellies, morale surged, and the defenders redoubled their efforts against the orcs. Eventually, however, the secret got out, and the garrison turned against the castellan, horrified at what Varias had done, and what he had forced them, albeit unknowingly, to do. In a hastily convened tribunal, the soldiers tried and convicted their commander, entombing him alive behind a stone wall in the fort’s keep. Once more out of food and their morale shattered, the surviving defenders did not last much longer, and the besieging orcs soon overran the fort slaughtering all they found.

He smiles when BB mentions his descendant. Calrianne? A pretty name. Does she follow The Inheritor's example?

Knowledge (Religion) DC10:
The skeleton you found was missing its skull and you believe you need the complete skeleton.

COMPLETED
K1-Barbican
K2A-Bear Pit
K2B-Bear Pit
K3-Guarded Bridge
K4-Orcs (Evacuated)
K5-Droja (Evacuated)
K6-Sewer Tunnel
K7-General Karrguk's Tent
K9-Gatehouse
K10-Gaate Tower
K11A-Guard Tower
K11B-Guard Tower
K11C-Guard Tower
K11D-Guard Tower
K11E-Guard Tower
K12A-Wall Scythe Trap
K12B-Falling Portcullis Trap
K13-Outer Bailey
K14-Kennel (IGNORED)
K15-Mess Hall
K16-Midden
K17-Latrine
K18-Kitchen
K19-Larder (Haunted)
K20-Inner Ward
K21-Well
K22-Haunted Chapel (Need Skeleton)
K23-Gatehouse Roof
K24A-Upper Gate Tower
K24B-Upper Gate Tower
K25A-Upper Guard Room
K25B-Upper Guard Room
K25C-Upper Guard Room
K25D-Upper Guard Room
K25E-Upper Guard Room
K26-Guard Platform
K27-Abandoned Barracks
K29-Entrance Hall
K30-Latrine
K31-Upper Well
K32-Treasury
K33-Storage Cellar (HAUNTED)
K34-Armory
K35-Cesspool

Lower Level

Upper Level


Male HP: 76/76 AC: 20,15,15 saves F:6, R:12, W:5,+2 vs. poison, spells, and spell-like, perception +13, stealth +16 Init:+5 (+2 in mountains); Rng 6 Rog 2

That is horrible on so many levels. the poor soldiers had no chance really did they? Was there no one that could come to lift the siege? Was no word given to any one from the outside that could help?

Kurag turns away from the priest in shame and loathing. Loathing at the commander and shame that there was nothing that could be done for the brave men and women who gave their lives in a futile effort. Lets get this skeleton back here and cleanse this place once and for all.

know religion 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (9) + 1 = 10 max DC 10

He pauses though as a thought hits him. The skeleton you saw BB was missing its head. Without that we wont have the whole skeleton to cleanse this place with. We have to go back and search the keep again.


Male HP: 76/76 AC: 20,15,15 saves F:6, R:12, W:5,+2 vs. poison, spells, and spell-like, perception +13, stealth +16 Init:+5 (+2 in mountains); Rng 6 Rog 2

K8 and K28 still need to be explored but K8 is the dam so we should be safe not looking at that...


LG Male Dwarf fighter 4 / paladin 4 (HP 112 AC:23 T:10 F:23 Saves F:+13 R:+4 W:+8 +1 Will vs. fear, +2 vs. poison, spells, and spell-like abilities CMB:+12 CMD:22 Init:+0 Perc: +13)

Rask; Knowledge (religion): 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (18) + 6 = 24

Rask nods in concurrence with Kurag assessment of needing the complete skeleton. He then says, "Ok Kurag. Lead the way to the areas that we have not searched and we will find the head."

Scarab Sages

Dwarf Male Wizard 6/Monk 1 | Stunning Fist 1/1 | Spells 4/4/4/3 | Conj Spells -/1/1/1 | Bonded Spell | 6/6 Acid Darts | |Filth Fever | Flaming Sphere (4 uses remain) HP 51/51 | AC 14(T 13 FF 13) | CMD 15 | Saves 7/4/9 | Init 0 | Perception 10

"When we found Calrianne, some orcs had tied her up, trying to pry information from her. But she was so strong and brave, they weren't able to get any information from her."

"She joined the Knights of Ozem to honor the Inheritor's name."


NARRATOR CoT Map / GS Map / SS MAP/

Blix says in response to Kurag. The orcs surprisingly led a coordinated attack against all the forts in the region so there was no one to help as they, too were besieged.

In response to BB, Blix says, Ah! A noble order! If you shall see her again let her know I am proud of her, and that I held true to my beliefs to the end.

K9-Dam

A rickety dam turns away the rushing river water from the dried-up moat. Although the dam appears to have been hastily constructed from makeshift materials, it has weathered the years remarkably well.

Knowledge (Engineering) DC15:
this dam has kept the river from the replenishing the moat, allowing the moat to evaporate over the years. Two large hatches, one on either side, are built into the dam to control the flow of water through the dam. These hatches can be opened with a successful DC 15 Knowledge (engineering) check or DC 20 Strength check, though opening the riverside hatch requires entering the water.

K28-Bell Tower

A massive bell fills this chamber beneath a domed roof. Four open arches provide wide views of the fort and surrounding lands.

Let me know what you are doing at each one. Droja will tell you that there are two ogrekin that are usually in the bell tower.


LG Male Dwarf fighter 4 / paladin 4 (HP 112 AC:23 T:10 F:23 Saves F:+13 R:+4 W:+8 +1 Will vs. fear, +2 vs. poison, spells, and spell-like abilities CMB:+12 CMD:22 Init:+0 Perc: +13)

All I see is a Tactical Map that has K16/K18/K19.

Scarab Sages

Dwarf Male Wizard 6/Monk 1 | Stunning Fist 1/1 | Spells 4/4/4/3 | Conj Spells -/1/1/1 | Bonded Spell | 6/6 Acid Darts | |Filth Fever | Flaming Sphere (4 uses remain) HP 51/51 | AC 14(T 13 FF 13) | CMD 15 | Saves 7/4/9 | Init 0 | Perception 10

"Thank you, sir. Er, I mean your holiness. We'll find that skeleton ASAP."

At the dam, BB takes a careful look.
K Engineering: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (20) + 7 = 27
"Oh, I see. There are two hatches you can use to control the flow of the dam. But one of the sides is underwater. You gotta be strong or knowledgable in engineering to adjust it."

BB keeps quiet and looks for the two ogrekin.
Perception: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (10) + 7 = 17
Stealth: 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (6) + 0 = 6


Male HP: 76/76 AC: 20,15,15 saves F:6, R:12, W:5,+2 vs. poison, spells, and spell-like, perception +13, stealth +16 Init:+5 (+2 in mountains); Rng 6 Rog 2

Asking the group Kurag ponders an easier way to find the skull. Is there some magic that could help us locate the skull. Like a detection spell for evil or magic that might help us in locating it?

At BB's insight to the dam he asks the group, should we release the water and let it fill the moat? It would clean up a lot of the filth that was sitting in there. Also we have cleared out the front so no worries about trying to find an escape.[/b]

At the bell tower Kurag resorts to the typical dwarven tactics of him open the way forward for the meat shields to enter quickly.

stealth 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (16) + 13 = 29


NARRATOR CoT Map / GS Map / SS MAP/

@Rask: Use the Upper Level & Lower Level links 6 posts up from yours or just click here:

Lower Level

Upper Level


NG Male Dwarf Fighter 8 HP:100/104 AC: 22 TCH: 12 FF: 21 CMD: 24 (+4 vs giants, +4 vs AOOs, +1 vs Disarm/Sunder) | F+9*, R+5*, W+3*

"Magic schmagic, I don't know the answer to that, but the place does give me the creeps. Let's find that corpse, the head too I guess, and set that soul to rest. I may not follow Iomedae, but I certainly respect her."


NARRATOR CoT Map / GS Map / SS MAP/

Kurag pokes his head through the trap door of the tower and sees two ogrekins peering nervously around the outside of the tower.

Only one can go through the trap door at a time so who is going first? Droja will also volunteer to help however way you want her to.

Since I know Rask IRL, I want to wish him a Happy Belated Birthday!


LG Male Dwarf fighter 4 / paladin 4 (HP 112 AC:23 T:10 F:23 Saves F:+13 R:+4 W:+8 +1 Will vs. fear, +2 vs. poison, spells, and spell-like abilities CMB:+12 CMD:22 Init:+0 Perc: +13)

When Kurag relays what he saw while peeking thru the trap door, Rask whispers to Kiln, "I'll go first. You follow me up. We need to take them out in a hurry."

Rask: AC 23/27 vs Giants; HP 84/84; LoH 1/2; Smite 1/1
Thanks DM Rich. Turned 72 yesterday (7/20). Wife and I went out to dinner and got my favorite seafood, whole belly clams.


NG Male Dwarf Fighter 8 HP:100/104 AC: 22 TCH: 12 FF: 21 CMD: 24 (+4 vs giants, +4 vs AOOs, +1 vs Disarm/Sunder) | F+9*, R+5*, W+3*

"Either way, we kill them as fast as possible, I'm good with that plan."


Male HP: 76/76 AC: 20,15,15 saves F:6, R:12, W:5,+2 vs. poison, spells, and spell-like, perception +13, stealth +16 Init:+5 (+2 in mountains); Rng 6 Rog 2

Kurag backs down and lets Rask and Kiln go first. He turns his head away as Rask passes to prevent Rask from breaking wind climbing up the trap door. Even though he averted his head he still thought he smelled clams somehow.


NARRATOR CoT Map / GS Map / SS MAP/

Initiative:

BB Beetle: 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (16) + 0 = 16
Khari Dronwoth: 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (3) + 0 = 3
Kiln Redaxe: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (14) + 1 = 15
Kurag Urlot III: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 4 = 10
Rask Hammersong: 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (13) + 0 = 13
Ogrekin 1: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (7) + 6 = 13
Ogrekin 2: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (20) + 6 = 26

Round 1
Ogrekin 2 26(38/38)
BB Beetle 16(44/44)
Kiln Redaxe 15(90/90)
Rask Hammersong 13(84/84)
Ogrekin 1 13(38/38)
Kurag Urlot III ?(56/56)
Khari Dronwoth ?(54/54)

Rask pushes open the trap door and jumps through (as well as an armored dwarf can jump through!)

An ogrekin tries to hit him with an ogre hook!

Attack: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (1) + 11 = 12

The shock of seeing the dwarf causes his aim to be off!

Next Up: Everyone!

The tower is such that once you come up the trap door and take a five-foot step, you are in melee.


NG Male Dwarf Fighter 8 HP:100/104 AC: 22 TCH: 12 FF: 21 CMD: 24 (+4 vs giants, +4 vs AOOs, +1 vs Disarm/Sunder) | F+9*, R+5*, W+3*

Kiln steps up and swipes at the ogrekin twice...

Torag's Edge PA Hit: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (8) + 13 = 21 19-20/x3, S
Torag's Edge PA Damage: 1d12 + 16 ⇒ (3) + 16 = 19

Torag's Edge PA Hit #2: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (3) + 6 = 9 19-20/x3, S
Torag's Edge PA Damage: 1d12 + 16 ⇒ (3) + 16 = 19

Scarab Sages

Dwarf Male Wizard 6/Monk 1 | Stunning Fist 1/1 | Spells 4/4/4/3 | Conj Spells -/1/1/1 | Bonded Spell | 6/6 Acid Darts | |Filth Fever | Flaming Sphere (4 uses remain) HP 51/51 | AC 14(T 13 FF 13) | CMD 15 | Saves 7/4/9 | Init 0 | Perception 10

As long as he can see the ogrekin, BB stays at the bottom of the stairs and uses his wand of Flaming Sphere.

It deals 3d6 ⇒ (1, 2, 4) = 7 fire damage. Reflex Save DC 13 to negate it


LG Male Dwarf fighter 4 / paladin 4 (HP 112 AC:23 T:10 F:23 Saves F:+13 R:+4 W:+8 +1 Will vs. fear, +2 vs. poison, spells, and spell-like abilities CMB:+12 CMD:22 Init:+0 Perc: +13)

Agrimmosh +13/+8 (2d6+8/x3): 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (7) + 13 = 202d6 + 8 ⇒ (3, 5) + 8 = 16
Agrimmosh +13/+8 (2d6+8/x3): 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (2) + 8 = 102d6 + 8 ⇒ (6, 6) + 8 = 20

Slightly off balance for a moment, Rask recovers and swings Agrimmosh at the closest ogrekin. He hits it with his first swing, but the back swing of the warhammer misses.


Male HP: 76/76 AC: 20,15,15 saves F:6, R:12, W:5,+2 vs. poison, spells, and spell-like, perception +13, stealth +16 Init:+5 (+2 in mountains); Rng 6 Rog 2

Kurag lets the others go ahead and stays back as he is not much help in melee. IF he can catch even the slightest glimpse of an ogre he will try a shot.

point blank shot 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (1) + 13 = 14 vs AC +8 for extreme cover? for 1d8 + 4 ⇒ (7) + 4 = 11


Female Dwarf Cleric of Dranngvit 7 | AC 19 T 10 FF 19 | HP 57/63| Fort + 7 Ref + 2 Will + 11 | Init + 0 | Perc +4 Channel 4/4
Spells Cast:
Holy smite, bouncing hold person, remove fear, prayer, hold person
Tracked resources:
Command: 7/7 left; Strength Surge: 6/7 left

Following up behind BB, Khari emerges for the trapdoor with all the grace of a beached whale. Striking out at the giant, Khari is too off balance to strike true.

Attack: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (2) + 7 = 9


NARRATOR CoT Map / GS Map / SS MAP/

Round 1

Reflex Save DC13: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (20) + 3 = 23

The ogrekin easily side-steps BB's flaming sphere. Kiln steps up and wounds an ogrekin! Rask also wounds his foe! Kiln's ogrekin also tries to hit him with an ogre hook.

Attack: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (9) + 11 = 20

Kurag misses with an arrow and Khari misses with a strike!

Round 2
Ogrekin 2 26(22/38)WOUNDED
BB Beetle 16(44/44)
Kiln Redaxe 15(90/90)
Rask Hammersong 13(84/84)
Ogrekin 1 13(19/38)WOUNDED
Kurag Urlot III ?(56/56)
Khari Dronwoth ?(54/54)

Rask's ogrekin, tries again to hit the dwarf!

Attack: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (6) + 11 = 17

Up next: Everyone!


LG Male Dwarf fighter 4 / paladin 4 (HP 112 AC:23 T:10 F:23 Saves F:+13 R:+4 W:+8 +1 Will vs. fear, +2 vs. poison, spells, and spell-like abilities CMB:+12 CMD:22 Init:+0 Perc: +13)

Agrimmosh +13/+8 (2d6+8/x3): 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (20) + 13 = 332d6 + 8 ⇒ (2, 1) + 8 = 11 Threat
Agrimmosh +13/+8 (2d6+8/x3): 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (7) + 8 = 152d6 + 8 ⇒ (4, 4) + 8 = 16 Don't know if this hits or not
Agrimmosh +13/+8 (2d6+8/x3): 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (20) + 13 = 334d6 + 16 ⇒ (4, 5, 3, 6) + 16 = 34 Confirmed, 45 damage from Critical

"They never learn, do they Kiln" says Rask as his first swing with Agrimmosh obliterates one of the ogrekin.

Scarab Sages

Dwarf Male Wizard 6/Monk 1 | Stunning Fist 1/1 | Spells 4/4/4/3 | Conj Spells -/1/1/1 | Bonded Spell | 6/6 Acid Darts | |Filth Fever | Flaming Sphere (4 uses remain) HP 51/51 | AC 14(T 13 FF 13) | CMD 15 | Saves 7/4/9 | Init 0 | Perception 10

BB directs his flaming sphere towards the nearest target, dealing 3d6 ⇒ (5, 2, 1) = 8 Fire Damage. Reflex Save DC 13 for none.

He stays put at the bottom of the stairs. "I think you guys have this handled..."


NG Male Dwarf Fighter 8 HP:100/104 AC: 22 TCH: 12 FF: 21 CMD: 24 (+4 vs giants, +4 vs AOOs, +1 vs Disarm/Sunder) | F+9*, R+5*, W+3*

Kiln swings away at the ogrekin he had previously hurt...

Torag's Edge PA Hit: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (7) + 13 = 20 19-20/x3, S
Torag's Edge PA Damage: 1d12 + 16 ⇒ (11) + 16 = 27

Torag's Edge PA Hit #2: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (17) + 6 = 23 19-20/x3, S
Torag's Edge PA Damage: 1d12 + 16 ⇒ (1) + 16 = 17

He glances at Rask, "it's not really their fault, when we never leave any of them to go back and pass the word."


Male HP: 76/76 AC: 20,15,15 saves F:6, R:12, W:5,+2 vs. poison, spells, and spell-like, perception +13, stealth +16 Init:+5 (+2 in mountains); Rng 6 Rog 2

You have a fair point Kiln. Perhaps we should consider letting the next one go. We can send it out with the heads of the slain as a tribute to what happens to those that mess with Trunau.

Kurag holds off on firing his bow unless the others seem to have been ineffectual at killing the ogrekin. Then he will fire a single shot at what ever is remaining.

point blank 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (13) + 13 = 26 for 1d8 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 = 5


NARRATOR CoT Map / GS Map / SS MAP/

Round 2

Between Rask & Kiln, the ogrekins fall fast and hard so no spells or arrows are needed!

Are you doing anything at the moat?

COMPLETED
K1-Barbican
K2A-Bear Pit
K2B-Bear Pit
K3-Guarded Bridge
K4-Orcs (Evacuated)
K5-Droja (Evacuated)
K6-Sewer Tunnel
K7-General Karrguk's Tent
K9-Gatehouse
K10-Gaate Tower
K11A-Guard Tower
K11B-Guard Tower
K11C-Guard Tower
K11D-Guard Tower
K11E-Guard Tower
K12A-Wall Scythe Trap
K12B-Falling Portcullis Trap
K13-Outer Bailey
K14-Kennel (IGNORED)
K15-Mess Hall
K16-Midden
K17-Latrine
K18-Kitchen
K19-Larder (Haunted)
K20-Inner Ward
K21-Well
K22-Haunted Chapel (Need Skeleton)
K23-Gatehouse Roof
K24A-Upper Gate Tower
K24B-Upper Gate Tower
K25A-Upper Guard Room
K25B-Upper Guard Room
K25C-Upper Guard Room
K25D-Upper Guard Room
K25E-Upper Guard Room
K26-Guard Platform
K27-Abandoned Barracks
K28-Bell Tower
K29-Entrance Hall
K30-Latrine
K31-Upper Well
K32-Treasury
K33-Storage Cellar (HAUNTED)
K34-Armory
K35-Cesspool

Lower Level

Upper Level


Male HP: 76/76 AC: 20,15,15 saves F:6, R:12, W:5,+2 vs. poison, spells, and spell-like, perception +13, stealth +16 Init:+5 (+2 in mountains); Rng 6 Rog 2

Kurag saves his remaining arrows as the ogrekin fall and climbs up the ladder looking for anything of interest.

Perception 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (4) + 11 = 15

once we find this skeleton and its head I will then release the dam waters to cleanse the moat. I don’t want to till we have this place cleared out and everything we came here to do is done.


NG Male Dwarf Fighter 8 HP:100/104 AC: 22 TCH: 12 FF: 21 CMD: 24 (+4 vs giants, +4 vs AOOs, +1 vs Disarm/Sunder) | F+9*, R+5*, W+3*

"Hey, whatever you say. If not for you, I'd be dinner around here."


NARRATOR CoT Map / GS Map / SS MAP/

So if you bypass the Dam K8 that only leaves K36-Grenseldek's Bedchamber!

Nobody has seen the giantess in quite a while. Rumor is is that she spends all her days in there crying. Droja offers.


Male HP: 76/76 AC: 20,15,15 saves F:6, R:12, W:5,+2 vs. poison, spells, and spell-like, perception +13, stealth +16 Init:+5 (+2 in mountains); Rng 6 Rog 2

Lets go take out this giantess and clear this keep. Perhaps she knows where this skull might be so try not to kill her immediately unless we have to.

Onward to K36!


NG Male Dwarf Fighter 8 HP:100/104 AC: 22 TCH: 12 FF: 21 CMD: 24 (+4 vs giants, +4 vs AOOs, +1 vs Disarm/Sunder) | F+9*, R+5*, W+3*

"I disagree, for her to lead this horde, she must be very mighty. She is also not likely to be willing to be the one to take our message of might back to her people. A quick assault and killing her, seems the best remedy. Do we know anything more of her?"

Scarab Sages

Dwarf Male Wizard 6/Monk 1 | Stunning Fist 1/1 | Spells 4/4/4/3 | Conj Spells -/1/1/1 | Bonded Spell | 6/6 Acid Darts | |Filth Fever | Flaming Sphere (4 uses remain) HP 51/51 | AC 14(T 13 FF 13) | CMD 15 | Saves 7/4/9 | Init 0 | Perception 10

"I...I say we take her out." BB looks upon the carnage with a frown upon his face. "The only way we can establish order is to take the old leaders out. The spirits need to be calmed and their descendants should take back their land."


Male HP: 76/76 AC: 20,15,15 saves F:6, R:12, W:5,+2 vs. poison, spells, and spell-like, perception +13, stealth +16 Init:+5 (+2 in mountains); Rng 6 Rog 2

Oh I do not meaning let her go free. I just want information before she passes beyond her ability to aid us.Kurag clarifies.


NG Male Dwarf Fighter 8 HP:100/104 AC: 22 TCH: 12 FF: 21 CMD: 24 (+4 vs giants, +4 vs AOOs, +1 vs Disarm/Sunder) | F+9*, R+5*, W+3*

"Are you proposing that we beat her down, capture her, ask her some questions, and then kill her in cold blood? I cannot be a party to that sort of behavior. If we kill her, then we just do it. If we capture her, then we can't just kill a helpless prisoner."


LG Male Dwarf fighter 4 / paladin 4 (HP 112 AC:23 T:10 F:23 Saves F:+13 R:+4 W:+8 +1 Will vs. fear, +2 vs. poison, spells, and spell-like abilities CMB:+12 CMD:22 Init:+0 Perc: +13)

Been a rough couple of days, but things are getting better.

"Agreed Kiln. We either kill her outright if we have too, or if she surrenders and repents, then we will have to let her go" Rask says.

To Droja, "is she simply a warrior, or does she have spell casting abilities. That will help decide on which course of action to take."

When he gets an answer from Droja, he says to the group, "So, when we get to where she is, do we charge in or do we start by trying to talk with her?"

Scarab Sages

Dwarf Male Wizard 6/Monk 1 | Stunning Fist 1/1 | Spells 4/4/4/3 | Conj Spells -/1/1/1 | Bonded Spell | 6/6 Acid Darts | |Filth Fever | Flaming Sphere (4 uses remain) HP 51/51 | AC 14(T 13 FF 13) | CMD 15 | Saves 7/4/9 | Init 0 | Perception 10

"Charge in. Let's make this quick." BB speaks solemnly.


Male HP: 76/76 AC: 20,15,15 saves F:6, R:12, W:5,+2 vs. poison, spells, and spell-like, perception +13, stealth +16 Init:+5 (+2 in mountains); Rng 6 Rog 2

If she is able to casts spells then all bets are off and we go in for the kill. If she is not then we try to talk to her. Once the fighting starts though we go for the kill. Sound fair to everyone?


NARRATOR CoT Map / GS Map / SS MAP/

In response to Rask, Droja shakes her head in the negative. No, No spells. She wields two weapons, both axes I believe. I have also heard that she has two female, giant, orc bodyguards.

You get closer to the door of the chamber.

Perception DC15:
You hear a deep voice sobbing from behind the door.

If make the above and speak Giant:
The voice is lamenting about unrequited love.


NG Male Dwarf Fighter 8 HP:100/104 AC: 22 TCH: 12 FF: 21 CMD: 24 (+4 vs giants, +4 vs AOOs, +1 vs Disarm/Sunder) | F+9*, R+5*, W+3*

Perception: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (10) + 9 = 19 +2 vs unusual stonework

Kiln nods and smiles.

Scarab Sages

Dwarf Male Wizard 6/Monk 1 | Stunning Fist 1/1 | Spells 4/4/4/3 | Conj Spells -/1/1/1 | Bonded Spell | 6/6 Acid Darts | |Filth Fever | Flaming Sphere (4 uses remain) HP 51/51 | AC 14(T 13 FF 13) | CMD 15 | Saves 7/4/9 | Init 0 | Perception 10

Perception: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (7) + 7 = 14

BB listens carefully, but he can't hear anything distinctive.


LG Male Dwarf fighter 4 / paladin 4 (HP 112 AC:23 T:10 F:23 Saves F:+13 R:+4 W:+8 +1 Will vs. fear, +2 vs. poison, spells, and spell-like abilities CMB:+12 CMD:22 Init:+0 Perc: +13)

Rask; Perception: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (1) + 11 = 12

After getting to the door Rask listens intently but doesn't hear anything.


Male HP: 76/76 AC: 20,15,15 saves F:6, R:12, W:5,+2 vs. poison, spells, and spell-like, perception +13, stealth +16 Init:+5 (+2 in mountains); Rng 6 Rog 2

Perception 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (13) + 11 = 24

Kurag looks back at the others with a finger over his lips. Whispering quietly he tells them, There is someone in there sobbing but I can’t make out what she is saying. It is a language I don’t know but it sounds familiar. It is not orc. Be ready I will try to open the door quietly to get a jump on them.

Perception trap on door 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (4) + 11 = 15
Stealth to open door 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (2) + 13 = 15

Scarab Sages

Dwarf Male Wizard 6/Monk 1 | Stunning Fist 1/1 | Spells 4/4/4/3 | Conj Spells -/1/1/1 | Bonded Spell | 6/6 Acid Darts | |Filth Fever | Flaming Sphere (4 uses remain) HP 51/51 | AC 14(T 13 FF 13) | CMD 15 | Saves 7/4/9 | Init 0 | Perception 10

Kurag mentions something about language. BB nods and gets a bit closer.

BB backs away from the door. "She's lovesick. Sounds like she got rejected hard."


Female Dwarf Cleric of Dranngvit 7 | AC 19 T 10 FF 19 | HP 57/63| Fort + 7 Ref + 2 Will + 11 | Init + 0 | Perc +4 Channel 4/4
Spells Cast:
Holy smite, bouncing hold person, remove fear, prayer, hold person
Tracked resources:
Command: 7/7 left; Strength Surge: 6/7 left

Listening closely Khari lets out a sigh, "Poor dear, love is not always easy." Taking on a serious expression, Khari turns to the others, "This may make her more reckless though, especially if she thinks that our heads might buy whomever's affection. We should hit hard and fast."

Perception: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (11) + 4 = 15

3,201 to 3,250 of 3,601 << first < prev | 60 | 61 | 62 | 63 | 64 | 65 | 66 | 67 | 68 | 69 | 70 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / DM RichD's GiantSlayer Gameplay Thread All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.