DM RichD's Giantslayer Campaign

Game Master Briccone

GiantSlayer Book 2: The Hill Giant's Pledge
Part 3: Redlake Fort

The heroes infiltrate an abandoned border fort full of orcs, ogres, and hill giants to end the threat against Trunau once and for all, only to learn of a much greater danger: a mysterious warlord amassing an army of giants for some fell purpose.


3,401 to 3,450 of 3,589 << first < prev | 62 | 63 | 64 | 65 | 66 | 67 | 68 | 69 | 70 | 71 | 72 | next > last >>

NG Male Dwarf Fighter 7 HP:87/91 AC: 22 TCH: 12 FF: 21 CMD: 24 (+4 vs giants, +4 vs AOOs, +1 vs Disarm/Sunder) | F+8*, R+4*, W+3*

Kurag, you can take 20 when seeking traps. It takes awhile,but dwarves live long lives.


Init: +0 | Perception +2, Darkvision 60' | CMD 13 (15 vs bull rush/trip) HP: 56/56 | AC 10 (18) / T 10 / FF 10 (18) | Fort +6 | Ref +4 | Will +9 (+2 vs poison/spell/SLA)

"Ugh. That was unpleasant. I think I will fortify myself with this deliciously flavored and infused antitoxin. No sense letting blasted spiders and their ilk get further poison in my veins."

Ondek draws out a small vial and downs the contents before slipping the vial back into his haversack.

"Onward and upward, yes my good dwarves?"


NG Male Dwarf Fighter 7 HP:87/91 AC: 22 TCH: 12 FF: 21 CMD: 24 (+4 vs giants, +4 vs AOOs, +1 vs Disarm/Sunder) | F+8*, R+4*, W+3*

My second Fort save...

Fortitude: 1d20 + 8 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 8 + 2 = 13 Fail

Please roll me up some more DEX damage. I'm down 3 already.


Init: +0 | Perception +2, Darkvision 60' | CMD 13 (15 vs bull rush/trip) HP: 56/56 | AC 10 (18) / T 10 / FF 10 (18) | Fort +6 | Ref +4 | Will +9 (+2 vs poison/spell/SLA)

Fort vs Poison: 1d20 + 6 + 2 + 5 ⇒ (14) + 6 + 2 + 5 = 27

Dex Damage: 1d3 ⇒ 2

Current Effects: 50/56 HP, Dex -2, Mage Armor 14 hrs, Phantom Steed 14 hrs (- initial travel time to forest), Antitoxin 1 hr


LG Male Dwarf fighter 4 / paladin 3 (HP 98 AC:23 T:10 F:23 Saves F:+12 R:+4 W:+7 CMB:+11 CMD:21 Init:+0 Perc: +12)

Rask, completely taken by surprise at the attack on his companions, shakes the cobwebs out of his brain after checking to see whether any go thru his armor, then says to the group "I can help with minor amounts of healing if needed."


NARRATOR CoT Map / GS Map / SS MAP/

Since you have set off every trap in the area, you proceed onward.

The aspen wood thins here, forming a small clearing around a large granite 100 foot tall obelisk covered with runes. Pillars flank a small, dark
archway leading inside the obelisk. Above the pillars, the symbol of a clenched fist is carved into the stone. A strange structure, resembling a tent of shimmering gray webs woven between logs, surrounds the obelisk.

DC15 Religion:
This obelisk, a pillar nearly 100 feet tall, is Nargrym Steelhand’s gravestone, marking the location of his tomb in the ground below.

The runes on the obelisk are in Dwarven, spelling out a traditional dwarven funerary prayer called “Torag’s Epicede.”

?: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (15) + 7 = 22
?: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (15) + 7 = 22
?: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (3) + 8 = 11
?: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (2) + 11 = 13
?: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (17) + 11 = 28

A perception chech needs to be made on EACH of the checks below.

Perception DC 22:
You see an ettercap among the webs

Perception DC 22:
You see an ettercap among the webs

Perception DC 11:
You see an large black widow among the webs

Perception DC 13:
You see an large black widow among the webs

Perception DC 28:
You see an large black widow among the webs


LG Male Dwarf fighter 4 / paladin 3 (HP 98 AC:23 T:10 F:23 Saves F:+12 R:+4 W:+7 CMB:+11 CMD:21 Init:+0 Perc: +12)

Rask; Knowledge (religion): 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (8) + 7 = 15 DC 15
Rask; Perception: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (18) + 12 = 30 DC 22
Rask; Perception: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (20) + 12 = 32 DC 22
Rask; Perception: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (1) + 12 = 13 DC 11
Rask; Perception: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (7) + 12 = 19 DC 13
Rask; Perception: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (4) + 12 = 16 DC 28
Not bad at all. Only missed the last one!

Rask looks carefully at the obelisk and the webs surrounding it. "Well, this marks Nargrym Steelhand’s grave." He then readies Agrimmosh, and says, "ettercaps and spiders in the webs, be ready!"


NG Male Dwarf Fighter 7 HP:87/91 AC: 22 TCH: 12 FF: 21 CMD: 24 (+4 vs giants, +4 vs AOOs, +1 vs Disarm/Sunder) | F+8*, R+4*, W+3*

Perception: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (19) + 1 = 20 +2 vs unusual stonework
Perception: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4 +2 vs unusual stonework
Perception: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (14) + 1 = 15 +2 vs unusual stonework
Perception: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4 +2 vs unusual stonework

”What? Where?”


Init: +0 | Perception +2, Darkvision 60' | CMD 13 (15 vs bull rush/trip) HP: 56/56 | AC 10 (18) / T 10 / FF 10 (18) | Fort +6 | Ref +4 | Will +9 (+2 vs poison/spell/SLA)

"Kurag, this should help your arrows and club land effectively. Be brave, and we will emerge victorious!"

Ondek casts extended heroism on the scout, then turns to face the web tent.

"Do we call them out, or would you like me to bring forth some fire elementals and burn them down where they stand?"


Female Dwarf Cleric of Dranngvit 7 | AC 19 T 10 FF 19 | HP 57/63| Fort + 7 Ref + 2 Will + 11 | Init + 0 | Perc +4 Channel 4/4
Spells Cast:
Holy smite, bouncing hold person, remove fear, prayer, hold person
Tracked resources:
Command: 7/7 left; Strength Surge: 6/7 left

Drawing her pickaxe, Khari offers a weary sigh. "Well, at least they didn't get a drop on us this time." Twirling her pickaxe in her hand, Khari waits to follow behind the front liners.

Knowledge Religion: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (2) + 6 = 8
Perception: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 = 5
Perception: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (13) + 4 = 17
Perception: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (8) + 4 = 12
Perception: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (18) + 4 = 22
Perception: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (10) + 4 = 14


LG Male Dwarf fighter 4 / paladin 3 (HP 98 AC:23 T:10 F:23 Saves F:+12 R:+4 W:+7 CMB:+11 CMD:21 Init:+0 Perc: +12)

"Ondek, if you can bring some fire elementals, it would be a good thing. Burn them, then Kiln and I can wade in and take down the survivors."


Init: +0 | Perception +2, Darkvision 60' | CMD 13 (15 vs bull rush/trip) HP: 56/56 | AC 10 (18) / T 10 / FF 10 (18) | Fort +6 | Ref +4 | Will +9 (+2 vs poison/spell/SLA)

Ondek calls out loudly in under common, then repeats in common.

"Hello, the nest! We are here o enter Nargrym Steelhand's tomb and retrieve the treasure. If you exit the nest immediately and without violence, you may leave. Otherwise, I will burn it down and my allies will slay all of you. Choose now, and choose well!"

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 19 ⇒ (9) + 19 = 28 (if appropriate)

If they do not exit and remain non-violent, Ondek summons a fire Memphis and instructs it to begin burning the nest with its breath weapon.


NG Male Dwarf Fighter 7 HP:87/91 AC: 22 TCH: 12 FF: 21 CMD: 24 (+4 vs giants, +4 vs AOOs, +1 vs Disarm/Sunder) | F+8*, R+4*, W+3*

Kiln hefts his axe and readies to fight to defend his friends.


Male HP: 66/66 AC: 19,14,15 saves F:5, R:11, W:4,+2 vs. poison, spells, and spell-like, perception +12, stealth +14 Init:+4 (+2 in mountains); Rng 5 Rog 2

perception 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (3) + 12 = 15+2 mountains, +2 orcs, +4 giants
perception 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (17) + 12 = 29+2 mountains, +2 orcs, +4 giants
perception 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (15) + 12 = 27+2 mountains, +2 orcs, +4 giants
perception 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (15) + 12 = 27+2 mountains, +2 orcs, +4 giants
perception 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (1) + 12 = 13+2 mountains, +2 orcs, +4 giants

Indeed my friends. It seems we have company. But I do not see the possibility of a dwarven spider among the trees. Stick together and hold fast as they approach!

Thanks for the boost Ondek.


NG Male Dwarf Fighter 7 HP:87/91 AC: 22 TCH: 12 FF: 21 CMD: 24 (+4 vs giants, +4 vs AOOs, +1 vs Disarm/Sunder) | F+8*, R+4*, W+3*

Before we get into this fight, I’d better resolve that poison. I’m down 3 DEX and failed my second save already.

DEX dmg: 1d3 ⇒ 2

Fortitude Save 3: 1d20 + 8 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 8 + 2 = 16

DEX dmg: 1d3 ⇒ 1

Fortitude Save 4: 1d20 + 8 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 8 + 2 = 11

DEX dmg: 1d3 ⇒ 1

Fortitude Save 5: 1d20 + 8 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 8 + 2 = 11

DEX dmg: 1d3 ⇒ 2

Fortitude Save 6: 1d20 + 8 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 8 + 2 = 14

DEX dmg: 1d3 ⇒ 1

I’m down 10 points of DEX, so I am -5 on AC, Reflex Save, Initiative, etc.


Male HP: 66/66 AC: 19,14,15 saves F:5, R:11, W:4,+2 vs. poison, spells, and spell-like, perception +12, stealth +14 Init:+4 (+2 in mountains); Rng 5 Rog 2

Good call...

fort save 1d20 + 5 + 2 ⇒ (20) + 5 + 2 = 27 Only down the 3 dex but with a 19 I am only down 1 to modifier.


Female Dwarf Cleric of Dranngvit 7 | AC 19 T 10 FF 19 | HP 57/63| Fort + 7 Ref + 2 Will + 11 | Init + 0 | Perc +4 Channel 4/4
Spells Cast:
Holy smite, bouncing hold person, remove fear, prayer, hold person
Tracked resources:
Command: 7/7 left; Strength Surge: 6/7 left

Fort: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (20) + 8 = 28 welp at least I only take one dose of poison...


NARRATOR CoT Map / GS Map / SS MAP/

One of the ettercaps hisses, You will not disturb Mother's tomb!

He then launches a web at Odek.

Attack: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (13) + 6 = 19

Ondek is enveloped in a web! DC15 Escape or HP4

Initiative:

Khari Dronwoth: 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (20) + 0 = 20
Kiln Redaxe: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (12) + 1 = 13
Kurag Urlot III: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (13) + 4 = 17
Ondek: 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (12) + 0 = 12
Rask Hammersong: 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (9) + 0 = 9
Ettercap 1: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (1) + 7 = 8
Ettercap 2: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (20) + 7 = 27
Giant Female Black Widow Spider: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (14) + 2 = 16
Male Black Widow Spider 1: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (17) + 3 = 20
Male Black Widow Spider 2: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6

Round 1
Ettercap 2 27(30/30)
Khari Dronwoth 20(54/54)
Male Black Widow Spider 1 20(16/16)
Kurag Urlot III 17(56/56)
Giant Female Black Widow Spider 16(37/37)
Kiln Redaxe 13(90/90)
Ondek 12(56/56)
Rask Hammersong 9(84/84)
Ettercap 1 8(30/30)
Male Black Widow Spider 2 6(16/16)

1R,2K: 1d2 ⇒ 1

The other Ettercap will try to web Rask but misses.

Attack: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (1) + 6 = 7

Up Next: Khari

Tactical Map has been updated!


NG Male Dwarf Fighter 7 HP:87/91 AC: 22 TCH: 12 FF: 21 CMD: 24 (+4 vs giants, +4 vs AOOs, +1 vs Disarm/Sunder) | F+8*, R+4*, W+3*

Minor adjustment. I’m at 85/91.


Female Dwarf Cleric of Dranngvit 7 | AC 19 T 10 FF 19 | HP 57/63| Fort + 7 Ref + 2 Will + 11 | Init + 0 | Perc +4 Channel 4/4
Spells Cast:
Holy smite, bouncing hold person, remove fear, prayer, hold person
Tracked resources:
Command: 7/7 left; Strength Surge: 6/7 left

Rubbing her temple Khari releases an aggravated sigh. "I'm not going to argue with you, dear." she grumbles, touching Rask's shoulder to imbue him with extra strength.

Khari activates her strength surge; +3 to STR for 1 round


NARRATOR CoT Map / GS Map / SS MAP/

Round 1 Con't

Khari gives Rask a strength boost!

One of the male spiders tries to web Kiln.

Attack: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (8) + 5 = 13

The web misses.

Up Next: Kurag


Male HP: 66/66 AC: 19,14,15 saves F:5, R:11, W:4,+2 vs. poison, spells, and spell-like, perception +12, stealth +14 Init:+4 (+2 in mountains); Rng 5 Rog 2

Thankful to his dwarven ancestors and gods that Kurag acted befoe the majority of the creatures before him Kurag acted with lightning reflexes as he fired off 3 arrows in rapid succession at the giant spider.

rapid point blank deadly aim sneak heroism attacks 1d20 + 7 + 1 + 2 - 1 ⇒ (1) + 7 + 1 + 2 - 1 = 10 for 1d8 + 8 + 1d6 ⇒ (3) + 8 + (3) = 14
rapid shot 1d20 + 7 + 1 + 2 - 1 ⇒ (16) + 7 + 1 + 2 - 1 = 25 for 1d8 + 8 + 1d6 ⇒ (1) + 8 + (2) = 11
secondary attack 1d20 + 7 + 1 + 2 - 1 - 5 ⇒ (2) + 7 + 1 + 2 - 1 - 5 = 6 for 1d8 + 8 + 1d6 ⇒ (8) + 8 + (1) = 17

He then steps back a pace to give him some space before the creatures can target him.


NARRATOR CoT Map / GS Map / SS MAP/

Round 1 Con't

The spider hisses as one of Kurag's arrows finds its mark. It then shoots a web at the dwarf.

Attack: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (11) + 4 = 15

The web misses.

Up Next: Kiln, Ondek & Rask


NG Male Dwarf Fighter 7 HP:87/91 AC: 22 TCH: 12 FF: 21 CMD: 24 (+4 vs giants, +4 vs AOOs, +1 vs Disarm/Sunder) | F+8*, R+4*, W+3*

”Let’s not go in that web mess, make them come to us, or the archer can just kill them all.”

Kiln will ready an action to step up and thump one if they come out of the web towards us.


Init: +0 | Perception +2, Darkvision 60' | CMD 13 (15 vs bull rush/trip) HP: 56/56 | AC 10 (18) / T 10 / FF 10 (18) | Fort +6 | Ref +4 | Will +9 (+2 vs poison/spell/SLA)

"Aye, that was the plan. I dont know if I can get a spell off with this darn web over my hands!"

Move draw knife, standard scrape webs off.

Dagger: 1d4 ⇒ 1 damage to webs


Male HP: 66/66 AC: 19,14,15 saves F:5, R:11, W:4,+2 vs. poison, spells, and spell-like, perception +12, stealth +14 Init:+4 (+2 in mountains); Rng 5 Rog 2

If they don’t come out of the webbing then easy pickings and Kurag will gladly shoot them from where he is.


LG Male Dwarf fighter 4 / paladin 3 (HP 98 AC:23 T:10 F:23 Saves F:+12 R:+4 W:+7 CMB:+11 CMD:21 Init:+0 Perc: +12)

"Agree" Rask says to Kiln statement as he also readies an action to smash a spider if one moves out of the web and into range, otherwise he is quite content to let Kurag pick them off with arrows or Ondek call in fire elementals to burn the web away.


NARRATOR CoT Map / GS Map / SS MAP/

Round 1 Con't

The ettercap and spider will try to web Kurag.

Ettercap Web: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (19) + 6 = 25
DC15, HP4

Male Black Widow Web: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (13) + 5 = 18
DC15, HP4

Round 2
Ettercap 2 27(30/30)
Khari Dronwoth 20(57/63) WOUNDED
Male Black Widow Spider 1 20(16/16)
Kurag Urlot III 17(60/66) WOUNDED,WEBBED
Giant Female Black Widow Spider 16(26/37)WOUNDED
Kiln Redaxe 13(85/91)WOUNDED
Ondek 12(50/56) WOUNDED, WEBBED
Rask Hammersong 9(84/84)
Ettercap 1 8(30/30)
Male Black Widow Spider 2 6(16/16)

The ettercap will try to web Rask
Ettercap Web: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (20) + 6 = 26
DC15, HP4

Up Next Khari


Female Dwarf Cleric of Dranngvit 7 | AC 19 T 10 FF 19 | HP 57/63| Fort + 7 Ref + 2 Will + 11 | Init + 0 | Perc +4 Channel 4/4
Spells Cast:
Holy smite, bouncing hold person, remove fear, prayer, hold person
Tracked resources:
Command: 7/7 left; Strength Surge: 6/7 left

Nodding at the assessment, Khari stores her pick and pulls out her heavy crossbow. "I'm flexible enough to deal with this type of situation. Bring it on."

Move action store pickaxe, move action draw crossbow


NARRATOR CoT Map / GS Map / SS MAP/

Round 2 Con't

Khari draws her crossbow.

The spider will attempt to web Kiln.

Attack: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (10) + 5 = 15

Up Next: Kurag


NG Male Dwarf Fighter 7 HP:87/91 AC: 22 TCH: 12 FF: 21 CMD: 24 (+4 vs giants, +4 vs AOOs, +1 vs Disarm/Sunder) | F+8*, R+4*, W+3*

Is that webbing against a touch attack?


NARRATOR CoT Map / GS Map / SS MAP/

@Kiln: No it is a range attack.


Male HP: 66/66 AC: 19,14,15 saves F:5, R:11, W:4,+2 vs. poison, spells, and spell-like, perception +12, stealth +14 Init:+4 (+2 in mountains); Rng 5 Rog 2

Entangled by the webs kurag groans in frustration. Blasted web spitting spiders. Of all my luck. It will take forever to get this out of my beard. That’s it time to kill them all. Kurag fires again at the big bad spider hoping to take it down.

Point blank precise rapid heroism entangled deadly aim 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (11) + 7 = 18 for 1d8 + 8 ⇒ (4) + 8 = 12
Second shot 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (18) + 7 = 25 for 1d8 + 8 ⇒ (3) + 8 = 11
Iterative 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (19) + 2 = 21 for 1d8 + 8 ⇒ (5) + 8 = 13

Kiln! Cut me out of this blasted web of you would please!


Init: +0 | Perception +2, Darkvision 60' | CMD 13 (15 vs bull rush/trip) HP: 56/56 | AC 10 (18) / T 10 / FF 10 (18) | Fort +6 | Ref +4 | Will +9 (+2 vs poison/spell/SLA)

Ondek will continue trying to saw the sticky spider webs off him, trying to clear his hands for casting.

Knife: 1d4 ⇒ 2 damage

Of course. 1/4 hp remaining on web

"I probably should have just led with the spell. These monsters seem less than likely to have engaged in diplomacy anyways." Ondek mutters around the gooey webs, working feverishly with his belt knife.


NG Male Dwarf Fighter 7 HP:87/91 AC: 22 TCH: 12 FF: 21 CMD: 24 (+4 vs giants, +4 vs AOOs, +1 vs Disarm/Sunder) | F+8*, R+4*, W+3*

Kiln will work on cutting Kurag out of the webs.

In case an attack is required...

Torag's Edge PA Hit: 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (16) + 15 = 31 19-20/x3, S
Torag's Edge PA Damage: 1d12 + 17 ⇒ (8) + 17 = 25


NARRATOR CoT Map / GS Map / SS MAP/

Round 2 Con't

Kurag hits the spider with three arrows, but does not kill it. It tries to web Kiln.

Range Attack: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 = 8

The web misses.

Kiln frees Kurag from the web.

Ondek continues to try and free himself.

Up Next: Rask


LG Male Dwarf fighter 4 / paladin 3 (HP 98 AC:23 T:10 F:23 Saves F:+12 R:+4 W:+7 CMB:+11 CMD:21 Init:+0 Perc: +12)

Rask;Reflex save: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (9) + 3 = 12
Agrimmosh +14/+9 (2d6+8/x3): 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (1) + 14 = 152d6 + 8 ⇒ (2, 4) + 8 = 14
Agrimmosh +14/+9 (2d6+8/x3): 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (4) + 9 = 132d6 + 8 ⇒ (4, 4) + 8 = 16

Rask uses his hammer to remove the webbing on himself, and then turns do Ondek, "stand still" as he carefully swings Agrimmosh to remove the webs from the wizard. "Call your fire elementals now and rid the webs so we can smash these things."


NARRATOR CoT Map / GS Map / SS MAP/

Round 2 Con't

Rask clears the webs from himself and Ondek.

The ettercap and spider try to reweb the pair.

Ettercap Web (Rask): 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (9) + 6 = 15
DC15, HP4

Male Black Widow Web (Ondek): 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (14) + 5 = 19
DC15, HP4

Round 3
Ettercap 2 27(30/30)
Khari Dronwoth 20(57/63) WOUNDED
Male Black Widow Spider 1 20(16/16)
Kurag Urlot III 17(60/66) WOUNDED
Giant Female Black Widow Spider 16(-10/37)DEAD
Kiln Redaxe 13(85/91)WOUNDED
Ondek 12(50/56) WOUNDED, WEBBED
Rask Hammersong 9(84/84)
Ettercap 1 8(30/30)
Male Black Widow Spider 2 6(16/16)

The ettercap will try to web Kurag which it does!

Ettercap Web: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (18) + 6 = 24
DC15, HP4

Up Next: Khari


LG Male Dwarf fighter 4 / paladin 3 (HP 98 AC:23 T:10 F:23 Saves F:+12 R:+4 W:+7 CMB:+11 CMD:21 Init:+0 Perc: +12)

Rask;Reflex save: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (5) + 3 = 8
Agrimmosh +14/+9 (2d6+8/x3): 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (13) + 14 = 272d6 + 8 ⇒ (4, 1) + 8 = 13
Agrimmosh +14/+9 (2d6+8/x3): 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (14) + 9 = 232d6 + 8 ⇒ (3, 5) + 8 = 16

Rask gets webbed, again, and cursing in Dwarven scrapes the webbing off himself and Ondek, "get those (^&*&^* fire elementals here to get rid of the webbing!" he growls.


Init: +0 | Perception +2, Darkvision 60' | CMD 13 (15 vs bull rush/trip) HP: 56/56 | AC 10 (18) / T 10 / FF 10 (18) | Fort +6 | Ref +4 | Will +9 (+2 vs poison/spell/SLA)

As soon as his hands are clear, Ondek begins casting summon monster IV.

"On it. See if you cant keep those webs away for a second. This spell takes a bit longer to cast than most."


NARRATOR CoT Map / GS Map / SS MAP/

Round 3

The male spider will try to web Kurag.

Range Web: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 = 5

It misses.

Up Next: Khari, Kurag, & Kiln


NG Male Dwarf Fighter 7 HP:87/91 AC: 22 TCH: 12 FF: 21 CMD: 24 (+4 vs giants, +4 vs AOOs, +1 vs Disarm/Sunder) | F+8*, R+4*, W+3*

Kiln will ready to put himself between a web attack and Ondek should one come.


Female Dwarf Cleric of Dranngvit 7 | AC 19 T 10 FF 19 | HP 57/63| Fort + 7 Ref + 2 Will + 11 | Init + 0 | Perc +4 Channel 4/4
Spells Cast:
Holy smite, bouncing hold person, remove fear, prayer, hold person
Tracked resources:
Command: 7/7 left; Strength Surge: 6/7 left

Oh snap, sorry looks like my post got eaten

Taking aim at the uninjured ettercap, Khari pulls the trigger on her crossbow. However amid the flash of webbing, her shot goes wide.

Attack: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (5) + 5 = 10
Damage: 1d8 ⇒ 4


Male HP: 66/66 AC: 19,14,15 saves F:5, R:11, W:4,+2 vs. poison, spells, and spell-like, perception +12, stealth +14 Init:+4 (+2 in mountains); Rng 5 Rog 2

Tired of getting free and then stuck back in the webs Kurag takes his frustration out on the black widow spider to the south. Once you are all dead then who is going to web me huh?!?! With that he lets fly with 3 more arrows in reckless abandon.

point blank rapid deadly aim heroism, poisoned, webbed 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (12) + 7 = 19 for 1d8 + 8 ⇒ (2) + 8 = 10
rapid shot 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (19) + 7 = 26 for 1d8 + 8 ⇒ (3) + 8 = 11
iterative 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (16) + 2 = 18 for 1d8 + 8 ⇒ (1) + 8 = 9

If the first 2 attacks hit and put down the spider then direct the third onto the last black widow please.

He then calls to Lucky to defend Ondek so the caster can get his elemental summoning spell off.

handle animal as free action 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (13) + 13 = 26


M Horse ~ Druid level 2 companion

Lucky neighs in response and hurries forward to interpose himself with Ondek granting the dwarf with cover while pawing at the ground at the hideous spider like creatures.


NARRATOR CoT Map / GS Map / SS MAP/

Round 3 Con't

Khari misses with a shot from her crossbow.

Kurag puts down one of the black widows and then wounds the other one. Lucky provides Ondek with cover.

Kiln is ready to jump in the way of a web.

Ondek begins casting a spell as soon as Rask clears the webs off of him and himself.

The ettercap will try to web Rask.

Ettercap Web: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (4) + 6 = 10

It misses.

Round 4
Ettercap 2 27(30/30)
Khari Dronwoth 20(57/63) WOUNDED
Male Black Widow Spider 1 20(7/16) WOUNDED
Kurag Urlot III 17(60/66) WOUNDED, WEBBED
Giant Female Black Widow Spider 16(-10/37)DEAD
Kiln Redaxe 13(85/91)WOUNDED
Ondek 12(50/56) WOUNDED, WEBBED
Rask Hammersong 9(84/84)
Ettercap 1 8(30/30)
Male Black Widow Spider 2 6(16/16)

The ettercap will try to web Rask.

Ettercap Web: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (17) + 6 = 23

It succeeds!

Up Next: Everyone!


Init: +0 | Perception +2, Darkvision 60' | CMD 13 (15 vs bull rush/trip) HP: 56/56 | AC 10 (18) / T 10 / FF 10 (18) | Fort +6 | Ref +4 | Will +9 (+2 vs poison/spell/SLA)

While Ondek finishes up his spell, a small spark forms a circle in midair before coalescing into a fiery burst of light and smoke. An instant later, a 5' tall roughly humanoid figure of flame and cinders stands there.

Ignan:
"Burn the webs, kill our enemies."

Medium Fire Elemental:

N Medium outsider (elemental, extraplanar, fire)
Init +7; Senses darkvision 60 ft.; Perception +7

DEFENSE

AC 17, touch 14, flat-footed 13 (+3 Dex, +1 dodge, +3 natural)
hp 38 (4d10+16)
Fort +8, Ref +9, Will +1
Immune elemental traits, fire
Weaknesses vulnerability to cold

OFFENSE

Speed 50 ft.
Melee slam +9 (1d6+3 plus burn)
Special Attacks burn (1d6, DC 16)

STATISTICS

Str 16, Dex 17, Con 18, Int 4, Wis 11, Cha 11
Base Atk +4; CMB +5; CMD 19
Feats Dodge, Improved InitiativeB, Mobility, Weapon FinesseB
Skills Acrobatics +8, Climb +7, Escape Artist +8, Intimidate +5, Knowledge (planes) +1, Perception +7
Languages Ignan

SPECIAL ABILITIES

Burn (Ex)
A fire elemental deals fire damage in addition to damage dealt on a successful hit in melee. Those affected by the burn ability must also succeed on a Reflex save or catch fire, taking the listed damage for an additional 1d4 rounds at the start of its turn. A burning creature can attempt a new save as a full-round action. Dropping and rolling on the ground grants a +4 bonus on this save. Creatures that hit a burning creature with natural weapons or unarmed attacks take fire damage as though hit by the burning creature and must make a Reflex save to avoid catching on fire. See Burn for more details

Ondek then begins to casts again, pulling arcane energies and directing them towards Rask this time.

"Grow in stature, strike with power, Rask!"

Finish casting Summon Monster IV, begin casting Enlarge Person


Init: +0 | Perception +2, Darkvision 60' | CMD 13 (15 vs bull rush/trip) HP: 56/56 | AC 10 (18) / T 10 / FF 10 (18) | Fort +6 | Ref +4 | Will +9 (+2 vs poison/spell/SLA)

Fire Elemental attacks webs surrounding Ettercap.

Attack!: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (9) + 9 = 18 to hit, for 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (5) + 3 = 8 slam damage plus 1d6 ⇒ 5 burn (DC 16 ref to negate)


NG Male Dwarf Fighter 7 HP:87/91 AC: 22 TCH: 12 FF: 21 CMD: 24 (+4 vs giants, +4 vs AOOs, +1 vs Disarm/Sunder) | F+8*, R+4*, W+3*

Kiln will ready again to take a web for Ondek.


Male HP: 66/66 AC: 19,14,15 saves F:5, R:11, W:4,+2 vs. poison, spells, and spell-like, perception +12, stealth +14 Init:+4 (+2 in mountains); Rng 5 Rog 2

Still entangled Kurag looks to Rask or Kiln but neither free him so he continues to try and mow down the spiders.

Same stats as before 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (9) + 7 = 16 for 1d8 + 8 ⇒ (3) + 8 = 11
Rapid 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (4) + 7 = 11 for 1d8 + 8 ⇒ (5) + 8 = 13
Iterative 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (10) + 2 = 12 for 1d8 + 8 ⇒ (7) + 8 = 15

This time his aim wasn’t nearly on track yet a single arrow may have gotten through to skewer the last spider.

3,401 to 3,450 of 3,589 << first < prev | 62 | 63 | 64 | 65 | 66 | 67 | 68 | 69 | 70 | 71 | 72 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / DM RichD's GiantSlayer Gameplay Thread All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.