DM Olondir presents "It's Always Sunny in the Stolen Lands" - Chapter 1

Game Master Olondir

A delicious stew consisting of plenty of Rise of the Runelords fun, Game of Thrones intrigue, Luck the hero horse, while being tied together with a marvelous Kingmaker broth. Simply delicious.


201 to 250 of 645 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>

Female Half-Elf Witch 2 - HP: 16/16 - Init: +1 - Fort/Ref/Will: +2/+1/+4 - Perception: +7 - AC: 11, T: 11, FF: 10 - CMD: 12

Valeska worries a small poultice in her hands, as she says, "Something's not right... Gregan's still fine... But he might not be here. A tunnel, perhaps? A trap?"


Note: any rudimentary attempts at opening the door are futile. It appears to be locked from the inside. There are no windows that you can see. Valeska- you are correct that your ward is still active.


Male Gnome Summoner 1

Perception check, Tiomir: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (14) + 1 = 15
Perception check, Rufus: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (20) + 4 = 24

"Rufus!

The old gnome is calling out for Rufus, who comes running soon; his pelt is covered in blood. When the explosion occurs, Tiomir lets out a less-than-manly squeal as Rufus grabs the gnome with his jaw, and darts away even faster.

"F...fireworks," Tiomir whispers as he stares at the chaos that erupts behind them. "Where...where..."

Rufus seems to be rushing away from the fire when they both hear the calling and pleas of help; the Eidolon stops and kneels, dropping Tiomir into wet, cool grass.

"What do we do?" Rufus growls.

"By the nine hells... we... Syra. We need to find Syra..."

Rufus raises his head, and throws thorough glances around, trying to see the most logical or obvious location the bride would be...

Perception check, Rufus: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (20) + 4 = 24


Male 1/2 Orc Inquisitor of Lamashtu HP 11/11 AC 17/12 Touch/15 FF Fort: +4 Reflex: +2 Will: +6 Init: +6 CMB:+2 CMD:14

Growling that he could not save the woman, He gives the bandit a good kick in anger.
Hearing More combat still, Vishoon looks around for where he can help.
Perception 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4
Not really seeing anyone close by, he picks a direction where he hears combat (unless I see Areanna head off, since she was close by, then I follow her)


Male Human (Varisian)

Ravens keeps an eye on the men going building to building...wondering if either Valeska or Bregan have a plan to get this door open.

In my mind, Ravens did not cast Entangle.

"Do either of you have a rope? Tie it to the door and horse? Rip it open?" Ravens is desperate...and his ideas show it.


Female Half-Elf Witch 2 - HP: 16/16 - Init: +1 - Fort/Ref/Will: +2/+1/+4 - Perception: +7 - AC: 11, T: 11, FF: 10 - CMD: 12

Valeska shakes her head. "No, there must be something we're missing..."

She starts off around the building to the north, looking to see if there is another way in or out.


Ravens definitely did not cast entangle. Tiomir/Rufus you saw the bridal party go into the barn where the other survivors of the attack are currently located.

The bandits are all unseen at this time. Judging by their fast paced footsteps they eitehr dashed away in a direction you didn't see or ducked inside various buildings.

Perception DC20 for anyone who is even looking out for the bandits:
one is laying prone on the roof of a building about 80ft away (bandit 2 from earlier).

You hear a man on a horse (described below) call out "Looks clear over here men.."

Besides the fire and combat afar, things are sort of quiet. You hear the sounds of hooves from the south near the archery range. You see a man on horseback, but the sounds suggest there are around 3 others. Although difficult to spot through the smoke, the man is young, has blonde hair and his beautiful breastplate is now bloodied, muddied, dented and scratched. You recall he was one of the members on stage with Ser Bregan. Areanna should know who he is. It's lionel (and he is very much not in a pool of his own blood.)

Vishoon you follow Rufus, Tiomir and Areanna as you approach the side of the barn.

Valeska, as you make your way up the west side of the barn you find no door or windows. Those locked doubled doors seem to be the only way in.

Ze Map!


M Human Cavalier 1 (Gendarme)

What? Whaaaaat? Lionel is in league with the evil-doers?

After seeing several others join their position, the elven archer, the robed man with the longsword, and the gnome and his pet, Bregan begins to feel their odds improving.

"If they are locked within, they are safe."

With a wave of his hand, he dismisses any thoughts of breaking into the barricaded building.

"Are any of you trained in combat? If a few of you can help, we can end this swiftly."

Bregan doesn't doubt that one or even a couple of them could die if a fight broke out. Only the robed man seemed to hold a weapon properly, but even then he seemed unfamiliar with the balance of the longsword.

Bregan will steal a peek around the corner to count the bandits again.

Perception: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 = 6

... and is unable to get a good look while on horseback.


Male Human (Varisian)

Ravens inches to H2 and takes a good long look at what is happening along the fire and with the 'guards'.

1d20 + 8 ⇒ (17) + 8 = 25 Perception
1d20 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 = 6 Stealth


Female Elf Bard(Arcane Duelist) lvl 1

Good I've managed to catch up it seems.

Areanna begins to look around.
Perception:1d20 + 5 ⇒ (18) + 5 = 23

Upon noticing the man on the roof, she readies her bow imbuing it with power and fires

Arrow: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (20) + 4 = 24 She is still singing by the way.
Confirming Crit: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (10) + 4 = 14
Normal Damage: 1d8 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 2 = 7
Crit Bonus Damage: 2d8 + 2 ⇒ (1, 4) + 2 = 7

Will be busy most of the day tomorrow, if I manage to post it will be from my phone. Friday is always busy.


Areanna:

As far as your singing goes, keep in mind you have 7 rounds/day you can use it. Let's just say you have used 3/7 rounds for the day. This would be round numero 4. I could totally be a jerk and say your inspire courage from the archery competition counts to your total now but I wont. Don't abuse my niceness though. ;) Also, nice shot!

Ravens..what do your avian eyes see?:

Ravens your adept eyes see the blonde haired man looking around for signs of other men but is having trouble spotting them. Areanna's shot appears to has alerted him and you hear "I heard something from over there. It could be more of them." from the knight's position near the archery grounds.

Areanna comes on to the scene and without hesitation lets an arrow fly onto the roof about 85ft away. The arrow whispers through the air until

dc15 perception except for Areanna:
you hear a quick yelp and groan
. You see the blondhaired man on horseback begin to move closer to the burning cart along with 3 other men on horseback.


Male Human (Varisian)

Ravens will notice the increased attention to this position brought about by Areanna's arrows.

"I think they've seen us. I think they come this way. I think we should either bust this door down or prepare for combat!'

Ravens will clutch his last remaining Magic Stone close to his chest...but will knowingly give it up to protect Syra(!), his beloved, if necessary.


M Human Cavalier 1 (Gendarme)

With Bregan's question unanswered except for the firing of a bow, the knight shrugs from the back of his horse.

Well, that's one way to remedy the rooftop scout.

"Here's what I'm going to do, I'm going to ride over around that building there." Bregan points to his intended destination.

"Likely that'll get 'em interested. If any of you can fight, surprise 'em when I have their attention."

Bregan points out that he's going to go around the north side and ride between the buildings ending up around E-22 en route to I-23. He indicates folks could hide about I-13 or C-20 and get involved in the fight fast that way, if one breaks out.

Once at least 2 others agree to this, Bregan will ride off


Male Human (Varisian)

Ravens will assent and move to C20.

Go Bregan, go! I got your back. I'm pretty sure I've mastered putting a spleen back in the right spot after it is spilled.


Male 1/2 Orc Inquisitor of Lamashtu HP 11/11 AC 17/12 Touch/15 FF Fort: +4 Reflex: +2 Will: +6 Init: +6 CMB:+2 CMD:14

Perception1d20 + 3 ⇒ (20) + 3 = 23
Vishoon looks at the mounted man who looks semi-familiar
"I can fight."
Seeing the other mounted man "There are more people to be saved."
Pointing his spear at him "He is barking orders, we should take him out, unless you rather sit there on your horse and look pretty."
He Cast Wrath focusing on the leader
He goes out in the street "Come fight someone who can fight back." Pointing at the leader
Vishoon ready an action for when he comes within range to attack if you consider this still same fight then this is the roll otherwise -1 to hit as justice last until end of combat

Attack Roll 1d20 + 2 + 1 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (20) + 2 + 1 + 1 + 1 = 25
Damage1d8 + 2 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 2 + 1 + 1 = 6
wow I get to try and confirm again
Attack Roll 1d20 + 2 + 1 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 2 + 1 + 1 + 1 = 6
Damage3d8 + 2 + 1 + 1 + 2 + 1 + 1 + 2 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (2, 6, 1) + 2 + 1 + 1 + 2 + 1 + 1 + 2 + 1 + 1 = 21
and again I'll take the 6


Male 1/2 Orc Inquisitor of Lamashtu HP 11/11 AC 17/12 Touch/15 FF Fort: +4 Reflex: +2 Will: +6 Init: +6 CMB:+2 CMD:14

looks like i was typing while you were posting so I guess we do our stuff at same time


M Human Cavalier 1 (Gendarme)

As Bregan prepared to ride, the robed man with a foreign accent began to shake his spear at him and made some mention of looking pretty.

Alright foreigner, you can be the distraction then.

"H'yah" Bregan spurred his horse and galloped off to the north, gripping his lengthy sword, dried blood from the afternoon now dulling it's usual shine.

We'll see who takes out Lionel...

It's all good! I love the "sitting pretty on your horse" comment. Well done!


Male Human (Varisian)

Ravens hopes for the horse's safety in the upcoming fight for it, at least, is valuable.


Male "Human" Magus | HP 43/43 | AC 18 (T13/FF15) | F: +7 R: +5 W: +4* | Perc +7 | Init +9

Bregan's horse gives Ravens a knowing wink before it whinnies and trots off - once again tasked to obey the will of it's armored rider.


Ser Bregan/Ravens:

You make your approach around and spot a horse tied up behind the F17 House at C17.

updated map

I'll let everyone else get to where they want to be before we begin. Once ready, we'll proceed to...

The Showdown

Spoiler:

Vishoon says a prayer for wrath and walks walks alone out into the open street. He stands relaxed and focused as his blood-soaked boots crush the dirt, stones and grass beneath his feet. His shortspear is by his side ready to obey his every whim. He walks until he is square with Lionel who stands on a horse about 100 feet away. Between them burns the fireworks cart. Peering down through the smoke you see Lionel on his horse look surprised to see you.

In a loud voice that all can hear:

"YOU THERE! THIS IS YOUR LAST CHANCE..."

One of his group calls and interrupts him

"Ser! To your right!"

Lionel is even more surprised to see Ser Bregan approach than seeing Vishoon ready to do battle.

"YOU! YOU WILL HAVE NO LAST CHANCE, BASTARD! DEAL WITH THE PIG CATCHER. I'LL TAKE CARE OF THIS ONE MYSELF."

roll iniative


Male 1/2 Orc Inquisitor of Lamashtu HP 11/11 AC 17/12 Touch/15 FF Fort: +4 Reflex: +2 Will: +6 Init: +6 CMB:+2 CMD:14

Init Roll:1d20 + 5 ⇒ (6) + 5 = 11


Male Human (Varisian)

Ravens Init: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (10) + 3 = 13


M Human Cavalier 1 (Gendarme)

Hoping someone other folks get within good distance before this breaks, and Areanna has her chance to climb into a rooftop...

Bregan's Init: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2

In the future, I have no issue with the DM rolling everyone's Initiatives.

EDIT - Rocking initiative, Bregan. Way to bring us all down!


Male Human (Varisian)
Ser Bregan Stone wrote:

Bregan's Init: 1d20+1

EDIT - Rocking initiative, Bregan. Way to bring us all down!

Ravens *facepalms* as Ser Bregan is watching some other fight.


Male 1/2 Orc Inquisitor of Lamashtu HP 11/11 AC 17/12 Touch/15 FF Fort: +4 Reflex: +2 Will: +6 Init: +6 CMB:+2 CMD:14

I was gonna you could have rolled worse....but I'd be wrong :)


Ok. I will roll initiatives from now on. I just REALLY wanted to say it. :)

THE SHOWDOWN

Round: 1

Initiatives:
Valeska - 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (16) + 1 = 17
Tiomir - 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (15) + 2 = 17
Areanna - 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (17) + 5 = 22
Vishoon - 11
Bregan - 2
Ravens - 13

Average: 14

Ser Lionel: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 7
Knight 1: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (20) + 1 = 21
Knight 2: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 7
Knight 3: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (9) + 1 = 10

Average: 11

You guys are up.

Map: Map Same as the last one.. also please note my stellar paint skills for drawing smoke and fire. *takes a bow*

Notes: Everyone within 30ft of Areanna gets inspire courage! Vishoon has wrath active on Ser Lionel.


Female Elf Bard(Arcane Duelist) lvl 1

Sorry about the confusion with the bardic performance. I'm having trouble telling what round we're on. Just for the record, what round are we on?


Areanna:
No worries. This is the first official round of combat near the fireworks. Your bardic music rounds need not be consecutive and I've been assuming you only re-activated inspire courage when it made sense to (ie:you or your party members attack and needed it.) Although I was kind of handwaiving counting rounds while you were buffing and remaining undetected, I decided to start tracking your bardic music use again when you shot the guard. I think that is fair considering that is the first round your performance truly had an impact on any skill-check, attack or anything since the end of the initial combat at the jousting area. I didn't think you were confusing or anything. This round of combat, assuming you are taking the free action to continue inspire courage, is your 5th out of 7 rounds of the day. I wasn't trying to confuse or be mean. I just wanted it to be a friendly reminder of how many rounds of bardic music you have for the day.

Vishoon, instead of a 1 on 1 combat with Ser Lionel, it seems his 3 armored friends will be coming over to you to say hello with the sharp ends of their swords. Since your readied action was prior to initiative are you ok with me assuming your action this round will be a readied attack directed on the closest enemy who comes at you? (Note: if you choose to do something else, then that glorious natural 20 you rolled for your readied attack gets wasted.


Female Half-Elf Witch 2 - HP: 16/16 - Init: +1 - Fort/Ref/Will: +2/+1/+4 - Perception: +7 - AC: 11, T: 11, FF: 10 - CMD: 12

Perception 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (13) + 3 = 16

Valeska looked around, panicking. She only had her dagger for protection--a small trinket against armed, armored, mounted foes. Her magic was nearly entirely depleted for the day. She could offer a ward, but only at the expense of being unsure about Gregan.

And then there was the smoldering fireworks cart. There must be something possible against it, against the knights, but how to set it off without getting caught in the explosion herself?

But first, she would have to reach it. She crept along the back of the building looking for an opportunity.

Move to A9.


Female Elf Bard(Arcane Duelist) lvl 1

Woah? Lionel is a badguy??? I didn't reread enough, that is for sure. Well I'll roll with it.

Areanna notices sir Lionel squaring off against Vishoon and narrows her eyes. Seeing that his isn't giving Vishoon the duel he deserves, Areanna will attempt to even the odds. She will move out and attempt to shoot one of the bandits near Lionel.
Attack:1d20 + 4 ⇒ (20) + 4 = 24 for 1d8 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3

This will be Areanna's next turn action. I just wanted to make sure it got in there. Apply it wherever is appropriate. Ah, smartphones make life nice.

HOLY!!! Two crits in a row! Sweet she really is awesome with a bow. Better than singing that is for sure!

Crit Confirmation: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (5) + 4 = 9
Extra damage: 2d8 ⇒ (7, 3) = 10
I can't remember if I get to triple my bonuses from Arcane strike and bardic performance.


I'll assume you hit the one furthest away. For the record: inspire courage damage is tripled but not arcane strike's. I think. Inspire courage is a generic moral bonus to attack and damage so it gets multiplied while arcane strike is a unique weapon specific bonus and thus is not multiplied. Also, you are banned from using this dice roller. ;) Just kidding. There must be an inverse relationship between describing your attacks and the actual result of rolling a d20

Valeska:
You creep around the far side of the building and see a horse near Ravens tied up at c16/c17.


Male Human (Varisian)

Ravens is not excited about fighting those men...but he does like that his companions have ranged weapons.

Ravens will cast Entangle (DC14) and place the center in R28.

C'mon...just like the Master taught me!

After casting, Ravens will slink back behind the building and get his last magic stone ready to throw.


Male 1/2 Orc Inquisitor of Lamashtu HP 11/11 AC 17/12 Touch/15 FF Fort: +4 Reflex: +2 Will: +6 Init: +6 CMB:+2 CMD:14

I'm good with using that attack on 1st person to close on me (its really what I kinda intended...)
Tho they will take 1 less damage as wrath was calculated into that


Ok we're just waiting on Ser Bregan before I update everything.

Tiomir once again covers his eidolon with a thin force barrier around him. Rufus growls and readying to pounce at the closest target.Tiomir casts shield on Rufus. Rufus steps to G3 and prepares to charge.


M Human Cavalier 1 (Gendarme)

As Bregan prepares himself for battle, he hesitates when he hears strange words coming out of Ravens.

What in the...

Turning back to observe the bandits, lest they charge directly into him, Bregan's eyes grow wide as he witnesses Ravens' spell take hold.

So, he's not just a birdmaster, or at least he's one that can cast a spell.

Bregan readies an action to charge Lionel once he's free of the Entangle. If Lionel is entangled, he will instead charge the first bandit to break free their direction.

Attack (1H bastard, charge): 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (20) + 6 = 26
Damage (1H bastard): 1d10 + 3 ⇒ (9) + 3 = 12

Crit Confirm (1H bastard, charge): 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (4) + 6 = 10
Damage (1H bastard): 1d10 ⇒ 7


I hate you all with your natural 20s!

THE SHOWDOWN

Round: 1

Initiatives::

Valeska - 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (16) + 1 = 17
Tiomir - 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (15) + 2 = 17
Areanna - 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (17) + 5 = 22
Vishoon - 11
Bregan - 2
Ravens - 13

Average: 14

Ser Lionel: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 7
Knight 1: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (20) + 1 = 21
Knight 2: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 7
Knight 3: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (9) + 1 = 10

Average: 11

Map: Map

Notes: Everyone within 30ft of Areanna gets inspire courage! Vishoon has wrath active on Ser Lionel. There is a massive overgrowth from around Lionel's position of grass and weeds.

DM Rolls:

Perception of guard 3 to spot Areanna:1d20 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 2 = 7
Ser Lionel's Reflex1d20 + 7 ⇒ (11) + 7 = 18
Knight 1's Reflex1d20 + 7 ⇒ (20) + 7 = 27
Knight 2's Reflex1d20 + 7 ⇒ (15) + 7 = 22
Knight 3's Reflex1d20 + 7 ⇒ (14) + 7 = 21

Ser Lionel's Attack (charge)(power attack)1d20 + 7 ⇒ (12) + 7 = 19
Ser Lionel's Damage1d8 + 5 ⇒ (3) + 5 = 8
Ser Lionel's Ride check (dc5)1d20 + 3 ⇒ (7) + 3 = 10

Areanna's shot flies through the smoke and lands in the calf of a guard who screams at the unexpected pain. He tries to see where it came from but cannot. Seconds later, the grass around them grows tall and tries to wrap around the legs of their mounts! The horses all rear and they make their charges and escape their grassy bonds. Any doubts or chances for diplomacy have been lost.

Ser Lionel charges Ser Bregan whom meets him midway on the back of Luck.
Ser Lionel's sword glows with a faint white light around it. Ser Bregan's stike was quicker than Ser Lionel's and Ser Bregan's slash cuts deep into the side of his opponent who grits his teeth at the pain. Both fighters are covered in blood, their own sweat, and mud. Ser Lionel repostes with his own two handed blow into the side of Ser Bregan almost as viscious. Take 8 damage please. Lionel's hate burns furious at Ser Bregan but the white glow on his sword disappears when it hits Ser Bregan and does nothing. Ser Lionel looks completely angry and shocked.

"WHAT DEVIL CAN RESIST A SMITE FROM ERASTIL!?! DIE YOU BASTARD TRAITOR AND RETURN TO THE HELLS YOU CAME FROM!"

While Ser Lionel is fighting Ser Bregan, Ser Lionel's guards rush towards Vishoon. They yell in unison "FOR BREVOY!"

Rufus intercepts the mount of one of the riders. His attacks miss as the mount rears and the hooves beat away Rufus' teeth and claws.

Rufus' Attacks:

charge + power attack
1d20 + 5 ⇒ (5) + 5 = 10 1d6 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 4 = 10
1d20 + 5 ⇒ (8) + 5 = 13 1d4 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 = 6
1d20 + 5 ⇒ (1) + 5 = 6 1d4 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 4 = 7

The magically grown grass near the fireworks cart catches fire and burns away. The fire doesn't spread but more smoke is being billowed into the air.


M Human Cavalier 1 (Gendarme)

Round 2

Status: 4/12HP

"Stand down, Lionel." Bregan wheezes and coughs, and adjusts his shield onto his left arm while tugging on Norocol's reins.

"Or face the consequences for raising arms against those you were charged to protect!"

He spits out his blood, and prepares himself to strike the blonde-haired man if he does not yield.

Swift action: Issue Knight's Challenge vs Lionel. Bregan and all allies receive +1 to attack Lionel.

If Lionel doesn't immediately yield, then it's time for him to die.

Attack (1H bastard, challenge): 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (15) + 5 = 20
Damage (1H bastard): 1d10 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5

Ride (DC10) for both Bregan and horse to attack: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (7) + 4 = 11

Norocol's Attack (bite, power, challenge): 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (20) + 5 = 25
Damage (bite): 1d4 + 7 ⇒ (1) + 7 = 8

Norocol's Attack (hooves #1, challenge): 1d20 ⇒ 4
Damage (hoof): 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5

Norocol's Attack (hooves #2, challenge): 1d20 ⇒ 18
Damage (hoof): 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4

Norocol's Bite Crit Confirm (bite, power, challenge): 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (14) + 5 = 19
Damage (bite)*: 1d4 + 7 ⇒ (2) + 7 = 9

* I'll need to research what bonuses get included here... but yeah, you don't base a cavalier's mount! LOL.

EDIT - Looks like that's the right damage. Bregan's AC is now back up to 19.

Worth commenting - Lionel shouldn't have been able to charge at Bregan, as he would have had to cross difficult terrain en route to him. I say keep things as they went though...


Male "Human" Magus | HP 43/43 | AC 18 (T13/FF15) | F: +7 R: +5 W: +4* | Perc +7 | Init +9

As Norocol lands back onto the ground after rearing up and clobbering Lionel, he shoots a toothy smile at Ravens as if to suggest -- yeah, I just did that.


Screw round order right now. Ser Bregan posted and this is too dramatic!

Ser Lionel, blind with anger, love, hate, honor, pride, wrath, piety, and determination does not yeild to your words. Although an a%!$%@$, he will defend with his life Syra and the rest of the bridal party.

He comes down for an overhand swing and right before he completes it you gut him from underneath his breastplate. You pull back your sword. He pauses in the air for a moment. His arms do not complete the swing. His sword drops to the ground. Luck rears and knocks him off his horse onto the ground in a fury of bites and kicks. The paladin lies unmoving as a pool of blood forms around him.

Yeah. You just did that.


M Human Cavalier 1 (Gendarme)

Free action! Free action!

As Lionel collapses to the ground, Bregan can only consider for a fraction of a second what he did to wrong Lionel.

I was born a bastard.

The knight's eyes widen and he yells to Lionel's followers.

"Halt! Stand down!"


Female Half-Elf Witch 2 - HP: 16/16 - Init: +1 - Fort/Ref/Will: +2/+1/+4 - Perception: +7 - AC: 11, T: 11, FF: 10 - CMD: 12

Erastil?!

Confused, Valeska pulls a card from her deck for guidance.

The Betrayal.

Confused, shocked at recent events, Valeska walks out from her hiding place. "Please," she calls out, "Please, let's just get everyone out of here before the cart explodes."


Male Human (Varisian)

On his next turn, Ravens pokes his head out from behind the building, confuzzled.

"Erastil? He's a follower of the Bow God?"

Ravens will scamper out to check on the fallen knight...it happened so close to his position.

Ravens will try to keep Lionel alive.

1d20 + 3 ⇒ (7) + 3 = 10 Heal check, will repeat as necessary


Ravens, you approach the body of Ser Lionel but his wounds are too great and he has lost too much blood. This is not DM fiat. Bregan's final attack did 27 damage and pushed him to -13 when his con score was 12. Your beloved horse and the horse's not-so-loved-by-you rider dealt him some nasty blows.


Female Elf Bard(Arcane Duelist) lvl 1

Areanna drops her song and looks around trying hard to understand what is going on. She will move to Vishoon. I don't understand what's going on. This can't be the just any mere bandit attack. Who are our enemies? Areanna will look around and try to take in what is what.
Perception: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (20) + 5 = 25
Can someone summarize what is going on for me. I'm just a bit lost. Was Lionel a badguy or is Began the badguy. I'm really confused.


Female Half-Elf Witch 2 - HP: 16/16 - Init: +1 - Fort/Ref/Will: +2/+1/+4 - Perception: +7 - AC: 11, T: 11, FF: 10 - CMD: 12

No, you've got it right. Lionel was a paladin, and he and Bregan just fought. Bregan's horse is also proving to be quite carnivorous. Who's good and who's bad? Who knows?


M Human Cavalier 1 (Gendarme)

I'll post a little more. This likely exceeds a free action, but may be more healthy for us.

Bregan trots his mount towards the men who were following Lionel, and uses his bastard sword to punctuate his words.

"You three! I advise you do not make the same mistake as Lionel and turn against the bride and groom. You were surely deceived by him as we all were! Stand down."

How deep does this treachery go? Can I trust Shelaina? Were those Lionel's men at the chapel, too?


Exactly what Valeska said. Don't forget The late Ser Lionel's posse is still alive and on the move, too.


Rufus snarls at the feat of the horses but the three men do not advance and notice Ser Bregan's shouting. They struggle to control their mounts as Rufus snarls and is locked in a defensive position. Vishoon has been one cool-handed sonofagun this whole time as he braced for a charge that did not come, after-all. Vishoon see's Areanna come up close to him, her eyes never leaving the men on horseback.

The one who alerted Ser Lionel of your presence, Ser Bregan, shouts

"It is you who turned against the bride and groom, traitors! We have won this day. Your men retreat as we speak. You stand down! All of you!"

They delay and do not attack but are ready to defend if necessary.
The three men look around unsure of how many of you are around and of themselves. They are looking around and at eachother unsure. The one who was shot in the leg pipes up "Gods! What has happened here?! This is turning out to be the strangest damn day of my 34 years I've been on this earth."

The third one asks the other two "Is the bastard trying to trick us?"


Female Half-Elf Witch 2 - HP: 16/16 - Init: +1 - Fort/Ref/Will: +2/+1/+4 - Perception: +7 - AC: 11, T: 11, FF: 10 - CMD: 12

Valeska barely thinks she can keep standing, amidst all this carnage. Yet, somehow, the world snaps into focus. She steps forth, more confidently. She almost wishes she were still carrying the child as she spoke.

"I am Valeska of Byelsk, agent of House Orlovsky. We can't think about what happened here right now. Right now, we still have people to save. That cart is going to explode soon, sirs. But there are still some commoners that need our aid, and the wedding party still needs to be located and brought to safety. There are still bandits around, but if bloodshed is what you want to prevent... then start preventing it!"

Diplomacy: 1d20 ⇒ 3


M Human Cavalier 1 (Gendarme)

Bregan gives the men a look of disappointment.

"Mind your words. The blood on our swords is that of the murderers of a women with child and those who would take a woman without her will."

He points at them from the back of his horse.

"I do not recall any of you assisting in the defense at the chapel or the joust."

His hand then strays to the nearly-fatal wound inflicted by Lionel and presses against it to stem the loss of blood.

"But instead, this?"

Bregan glances at those who have assembled. The fortune-teller saved a child. Ravens seemed trustworthy. He couldn't vouch for the others yet, though. The elven archer did shoot first - was that a mistake, or was she part of the plan?

Anyone here could be a traitor turning sides and seizing an opportunity.

Bregan sheathes his sword, knowing he can draw it swiftly should it be needed.

"Form up, and our deeds will be the proof of our intent."

Bregan almost ignores the men now, looking and listening for signs of others in need.

Perception: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (18) + 4 = 22

1 to 50 of 645 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / DM Olondir presents "It's Always Sunny in the Stolen Lands" - Chapter 1 All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.