DM Olondir presents "It's Always Sunny in the Stolen Lands" - Chapter 1

Game Master Olondir

A delicious stew consisting of plenty of Rise of the Runelords fun, Game of Thrones intrigue, Luck the hero horse, while being tied together with a marvelous Kingmaker broth. Simply delicious.


101 to 150 of 645 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>

M Human Cavalier 1 (Gendarme)

At The Chapel:

4ft up? That's a DC16 Acrobatics to jump through, a little too much work for Bregan while armored.

Sense Motive (on the "guard"): 1d20 ⇒ 4
Perception (to see Ravens)*: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 4 = 10

Hopefully this isn't a misunderstanding.

"Your answer displeases me. You have chosen poorly."

Bregan unsheathed his bastard sword into the knave's face, punishment for his insolence, and his swiftest means to his goal.

Attack (bastard sword)**: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (14) + 4 = 18
Damage (bastard sword): 1d10 + 4 ⇒ (8) + 4 = 12

** Hopefully flat-footed.

*If he sees Ravens, he'll call to the bird-man to fetch help.


Female Half-Elf Witch 2 - HP: 16/16 - Init: +1 - Fort/Ref/Will: +2/+1/+4 - Perception: +7 - AC: 11, T: 11, FF: 10 - CMD: 12

Valeska joins the crowd at the joust, with great anxiety. It will be known precisely where Gregan and Syra will be at that time, and she will look around carefully for any risks, anywhere, to the pair and to the whole party.


Ser Bregan:

Unfortunately the stained glass windows do not go all the way to the ground which is why you'd have to crash through it. Depending on the circumstances of how you wanted to do it...I would have allowed you to just make a strength check or sunder to smash your way in... but I like your style.

Your sword cuts deep into the head of the guard. He tries to make out a word but you were too fast. His body goes limp and you feel a warm sigh of air come from his mouth as his body exhales for the last time. His body falls to the ground with blood pouring out him. Screams are heard near you.

As he slumps down, you look to see who screamed and spot Ravens trying to hide and watching you. Sounds return inside the chapel and you hear an audible "HELP" through the thick stone and wooden door.

Ravens:

You see Ser Bregan kill the guard in cold blood. You hear some people who were walking by gasp and a girl shrieks at what has happened. He looks at you and orders you to call for help.

A second loud trumpet can be heard booming. Then the ominous sound of thunder.

Valeska:
The core of you feels anxious as you wait for the joust to begin. Especially after the trumpets and the first boom of thunder. You hear a shriek come from somewhere.. you couldn't tell from where. Others are looking around confused as well.. as if not sure if they heard it or not. Several moments later you hear another shriek.


Male Human (Varisian)

Get help? What? Before you murder another?

Ravens looks in shock that Bregan wants him to get help, but since he's the one with the sword, Ravens will do so to keep him placated.

Reaching into his pouch, Ravens will pull out a signal whistle and blow frantically upon it.

Walking toward Bregan, Ravens will stop blowing for a moment to say, "Okay, I'm unarmed." Ravens lifts his arms to show that he has no weapons or armor. "I'm just going to see if that man can be saved...I'm sure he'll regret any insult he gave to you, but killing guards here over petty matters isn't okay here in Brevoy."

Petty insult? Probably told a truth and was cut down for it.

Ravens inches closer, still blowing. Upon inspection, Ravens has a small hunting dagger with him.

"'Help' is coming. Let me just check this man."

1d20 + 3 ⇒ (16) + 3 = 19 heal check to stabilize

"What did he do to you?"


Ravens:

As you approach, you can faintly make out the sounds of a struggle going on inside the chapel.


M Human Cavalier 1 (Gendarme)

At The Chapel:

Bregan is already off towards a window and barely catches a glimpse of Ravens kneeling to tend to the bleeding "guard".

Well, if I made the wrong choice, hopefully the bird-man can prevent him from bleeding out...

With his bastard sword still in hand, the knight seeks the quickest method of entrance into the chapel - which at this time he surmises is through stained glass window.

Before his heroic leap, he manages a spare second to share a thought with Ravens, "something is wrong."

@Olondir: Based on your comments, I'll go for the window over the closed door. I feel like it'll be easier if it's just a single strength check or swing-of-a-sword to get inside.

Strength Check (to crash through the window): 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (8) + 3 = 11

EDIT - Perception (if needed to catch a glimpse of whatever is transpiring within): 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 = 8


Male Gnome Summoner 1

Tiomir leaves Syra to attend the joust; he looks for a seat with enough open space for both him and Rufus to watch comfortably, enjoying the slow pace of the day. "Almost makes you wish for something to go wrong," Rufus mumbles.

"Rufus..." Tiomir sighs quietly as he peers over the stage of the jousting...


Male 1/2 Orc Inquisitor of Lamashtu HP 11/11 AC 17/12 Touch/15 FF Fort: +4 Reflex: +2 Will: +6 Init: +6 CMB:+2 CMD:14

Having won the Ogre Smashing Contest, Vishoon lifts his hands in triumph.
"Thank you Das, I'll be sure to stop by soon....Sorry about the mess tho....I didn't mean to break it."
Looking at Areanna, "Its a good day so far, I'm thinking of getting some wine to celebrate and then heading over to see how this joust thing is...It seems to be popular. You're welcome to join me if you wish."
he doubts that she will accept his offer, as women in fine clothing and jewelry, normally avoid large 1/2 orcs. Especially ones with large scars on their face. But she seems nice so far, and he does like her singing, so what the heck
Again he starts listen for name Tevok as he walks, in case he has the wrong Tevok.


Male Human (Varisian)

GM Olondir--Does the man live? And what weapons does he have upon himself?

Given noise inside and that he went crashing through a window, Ravens is quick to admit that things here may not be as he first thought.

Ser Bregan might be right about this. And I might be in danger.

Ravens looks for a weapon.

Wait. The seer's visions! SYRA MIGHT BE IN DANGER!

Standing, Ravens will pull 3 stones out of his pouch and enchant them with the earth's energy as his Master had taught him.

Cast Magic Stone.

He will blow his whistle yet again in case someone on the far side of the festival had missed it before trying to open the door to the chapel.


Female Elf Bard(Arcane Duelist) lvl 1

AHH! TOO MUCH READING! WHAT'S GOING ON!!

Okay after grazing over everything I can deduce that a bunch of things happen that don't particularly involve Areanna. And there is a joust and Vishoon may have a crush on me. Cool. I can work with that.

Areanna finds this orc fellow to be a very decent man. Not like all the pompous nobles that run about the place.......even though she herself happens to be one of these pompous folks.

She smiles at him and reaches into a bag at her side pulling out the bottles of wine she had traded the vouchers for earlier.
"Here, I won these at the archery contest. I wouldn't mind sharing them with you. We need to celebrate our success in the game courts today. We can watch the joust together while having a drink. I'll get Gregan to give us good seats."
Areanna will hand a bottle to Vishoon and run off to find someone she knows who can arrange some good seating for the joust.

She will return to Vishoon and take his hand. "This way. I've got us some good places to sit, celebrate, and enjoy the show all at the same time." Areanna will lead Vishoon to said awesome location where they can sit with other nobles, have space, and a good view all rolled into one.


Female Half-Elf Witch 2 - HP: 16/16 - Init: +1 - Fort/Ref/Will: +2/+1/+4 - Perception: +7 - AC: 11, T: 11, FF: 10 - CMD: 12

Perception: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (13) + 5 = 18

At the sound of the whistle, Valeska's ear makes a small twitch. Already tense and waiting for disaster, she heads over to investigate.


Male 1/2 Orc Inquisitor of Lamashtu HP 11/11 AC 17/12 Touch/15 FF Fort: +4 Reflex: +2 Will: +6 Init: +6 CMB:+2 CMD:14

Perception for hearing whistle if i can make one1d20 + 3 ⇒ (6) + 3 = 9

This wine is kinda good.....


Ravens:

You successfully stabilized the guard's head wound. He's still unconscious but the bleeding has stopped. You hear his faint breathing and his mouth moves. Blood is coming out of his mouth, but you hear "you're........supposed to be at the.... joust..."

You see Ser Bregan crack the stained glass window to the side of the door but the window did not shatter.

You blow your whistle and you hear the distant footsteps of armored men on their way. Another round of screams is heard in the distance as well as a trumpet blast and more thunder. Large scale combat is heard near the jousting area.

You hear the guards on their way to you in combat somewhere close by.
You hear someone shout "Bandits!"

Bregan:

You cracked the window to the side of the door, it fractured all the way up but remains in-tact. Through the cracks you see and hear the guard on top of her. There is lots of struggling. Beyond that you can't tell.

Ravens stops the man bleeding and you hear the sounds of guards hurrying to your position. Another round of screams is heard in the distance as well as a trumpet blast and more thunder. Large scale combat is heard near the jousting area.

You hear the guards on their way to you become engaged in combat somewhere close by. You hear someone shout "Bandits!"

At the joust:

There is much mumbling going on in the crowds. The cries and thunder have made everyone nervous. Some of you Valeska notice a whistling and screaming from afar but there is so much commotion it is difficult to go anywhere at this time. The reason why becomes very clear. Peitros comes up on stage with a grim look. Everyone seems to want to get close to hear him.

"Friends it is with great sadness, that I must cancel the joust for this evening. I..."

The sound of trumpets interrupt him. The crowds grow restless and he tries to assure them. He begins to speak when an arrow flies and narrowly misses his head! Instead it lands into the table where Gregan and Syra are. The whole crowd gasps and sees, high above, a caped silhouette of a man holding a bow on top of one of the walls of the keep. He sounds his own horn and the skies open up with thunder. Other men are seen scaling the walls with bows. Nearby guards turn on the crowds. Some bandits must have been undercover. The newlyweds are rushed to protection by some of Peitros' own guards. There are cries, combat, and death everywhere.

"Bandits! They've attacked!" someone shouts.

everyone:

Dun dun DUNNNN! Ok so I have my own real life game tonight but I'll post up a map for Bregan/Ravens and the jousting areas when I get home. Valeska- your warnings could not have been at a better time. :)
Initiative
Valeska: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2
Tiomir: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (14) + 2 = 16
Vishoon: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (15) + 5 = 20
Areanna: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (2) + 5 = 7

Vishoon and Tiomir will act in the surprise round. Unfortunately you'll probably have to wait until I have the map up before you can decide where to move etc.


M Human Cavalier 1 (Gendarme)

At The Chapel:

After bouncing off the glass on his first attempt, Bregan grunts angrily back at the window.

Okay, let's see if this works better.

Winding up a massive swing, Bregan brings his bastard sword down at the center of the window.

Attack vs Window (2H bastard sword): 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 = 8
Damage: 1d10 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 = 5

Sucky hit and damage, checking rules on this, I think it might do the job.

An object's Armor Class is equal to 10 + its size modifier (see Table: Size and Armor Class of Objects) + its Dexterity modifier. An inanimate object has not only a Dexterity of 0 (–5 penalty to AC), but also an additional –2 penalty to its AC. I think this means the window is AC3? Or AC2 even if it's Large.

Glass: Hardness 1. HP 1/in of thickness.

Should be a good enough hit then to get through 4 inches of glass.

Presuming that gets him in, he'll use his remaining move action to climb in through the window into the chapel's interior.


Male Human (Varisian)

GM-- Any weapons on the guard? If he one that I can take, I will.

Ravens will try to open the door, if there are double doors, he will try to open it from the side, seeking to peer in (I'd really like to be inside to help Bregan when he crashes through the window).


Ravens:

Yes, sorry.
Ravens, still in the scabbard of the man is a longsword. The door seems locked. As you try it you see Ser Bregan slash through the stained glass window of butterflies flying. You see the glass fall and crumble to the ground. As it falls it seems to fall with a grace of confetti and sparkles magnificently. You hear yelling from inside the chapel. The sounds of combat and screams grow louder from the joust. It is like the entire place is under attack.

Ser Bregan:

This scene involves some adult content. I figured I should warn you before hand!
The glass was harder than you thought the first time, hence only leaving the severe crack when you flung yourself into it. You easily run your sword through the weakened glass and it shatters, alerting the man inside about 100ft away. You hardly notice the shattering of the glass, but it seems to float down like bits of confetti instead of normal glass.

The entire place is still well-adorned with flowers and ribbons for the wedding, yet its current emptiness makes it have an almost frightful atmosphere. Candles are a lit in the chandelier above the pews and candles along the walls. In the middle of the aisle, right below the alter, is a man on top of Shelaina. He had her pressed at knife point facing down and her dress scooched up past her waste with obvious grunting sounds and sounds of agony. Your not-so subtle entrance alerted him and he is currently scrambling to keep the dagger to Shelaina as he gets himself and her up to face you. In one round they'll be up and posing in the classic "knife at the hostage's throat" pose.

"GET THE F&@% AWAY FROM HERE, BASTARD."

Shelaina has been crying and looking at her reveals the saddest, most empty expression you've ever seen on a human being.


Male 1/2 Orc Inquisitor of Lamashtu HP 11/11 AC 17/12 Touch/15 FF Fort: +4 Reflex: +2 Will: +6 Init: +6 CMB:+2 CMD:14

Vishoon happily takes the wine.
"To the victors." He raises the bottle as toast
He awaits for Areanna to return, and follows her to the seats she has acquired.
He looks aroundthese ARE good seats...its good to know the groom
Awaiting the joust, he sees Peitros take the stage, hears the trumpets, and the cry of "Bandits!"
Cursing leaving his falchion behind
He looks around searching for someone wearing a weapon and Growls "Gimme your weapon!" Giving one of his meanest orc snarls.

Intimidate to get weapon 1d20 + 6 + 5 ⇒ (6) + 6 + 5 = 17

If that doesn't get him a weaponHis eyes roll as if he going insane
casting vision of madness on him self(for skills) and again will demands "Give me the weapon...NOW!
Intimidate to get weapon 1d20 + 6 + 5 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 6 + 5 + 1 = 20

Weapon in hand, he turns to Areanna "It seems some bandits have a death wish, we should grant them their wish."


Vishoon:

Proximity suggested you intimidate the closest armed figure which would have been a noble's guard. He recognized you from the Ogre Smasher and proceeded to pick up a longsword from a fallen guard's arrow-filled corpse. "Here! take this!"


Male 1/2 Orc Inquisitor of Lamashtu HP 11/11 AC 17/12 Touch/15 FF Fort: +4 Reflex: +2 Will: +6 Init: +6 CMB:+2 CMD:14

Vishoon takes the longsword and looks for the closet bandit
are there any close by or do i have to move to get to one


Male Human (Varisian)

Okay, I may have definitely misjudged Ser Stone on this *one* thing. My bad. I'll apologize to his horse and let Luck pass it on.

Ravens will move to the window and follow Ser Bregan in, watching his back. He'll have only his stones in hand.

If those are Syra's screams....

When he can look in, he will.

1d20 + 8 ⇒ (8) + 8 = 16 Perception


Female Elf Bard(Arcane Duelist) lvl 1

Areanna responds quickly. "A bow, I need a bow! Someone please pass one to me! And some arrows!
Once Areanna has a bow, she will start off by sing a battle song to inspire those around her while keeping close, but behind her allies. She is using inspire courage so.+1 for everyone yay!


Male Gnome Summoner 1

"Bandits!?"

Both of them look around anxiously, peering at the source of the commotion; Rufus drops to his knees. "Get on. Now."

"Slowly, don't rush!" He climbs up on the eidolon's back as Rufus stays calm in the chaos that emerges. He walks around the seats and out of the way of the crowds.

"What are we going to do...?" Tiomir mutters weakly.

"We wait."


The chapel:

Ok, you're going to have to forgive me some more about this image. It's pretty awful but it gets the job done. It has no grid but you can visualize one easily I hope. I labled the X and Y axis so you could figure it out. (Bregan, you're currently in (J -4)) Ravens you're currently in what would be (J -6) looking through the window. Next round, I'll put you on the map when you enter the chapel. Squares 10 through 15 are technically 2ft higher than the -5 through 9 but it would make no difference mechanically. Candles are located on the walls of every even colum (A-4 would be the first candle.. etc) and there is a 10 by 10 chandelier above (G/H 4/5). It is 20 ft above the ground. Those twinkie looking things are the pews. No, there is no cream filling.
Chapel Scene 1

Ravens- you see the backside of Ser Bregan, sword in hand. You see some of the chapel's decorations turned over in what appeared to be a struggle. There seems to be two figures near the far back of the chapel.. you see a man and a woman. The woman does not look like Syra. The woman is wearing a red robe that is now torn and even more concerning is her expression of hopeless, fear, and humiliation. There is a knife to her throat. The guard behind her looks armored in studded leather like a normal guard and very angry. Laying near the altar is a longsword the guard dropped in favor of the up-close dagger. He is yelling at Ser Bregan threatening to slice her throat.

"IF YOU COME CLOSER I'LL KILL HER. DON'T THINK I WON'T BASTARD."
Initiatives- Eyes of the Hawk applies for Ravens
Bregan:1d20 + 1 ⇒ (19) + 1 = 20
Ravens:1d20 + 5 ⇒ (2) + 5 = 7
Guard: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 1 = 6

Ok, both of you heroes get to act.


Female Half-Elf Witch 2 - HP: 16/16 - Init: +1 - Fort/Ref/Will: +2/+1/+4 - Perception: +7 - AC: 11, T: 11, FF: 10 - CMD: 12

Valeska watches the chaos unfold, tears streaming down her face. "You know, this would have been a wonderful day to be wrong, for once!" she cries.

She grabs her warding poultice; the protection she had placed on Gregan before the wedding. Was it still in place? Had her ward been shattered?

It doesn't matter, she realized, her task was the same.

She and Tzerny rushed along the wall as best she could, trying not to become a target nor a nuisance in the crowd, as she headed for where the newlywed couple was sitting. She needed to get them out, alive, if at all possible.


The Joust:

I am using a temporary image for Rufus. If you want, feel free to submit to me a better picture for a token than the one I'm using now, Patcher.

The Joust Scene

Please forgive my photoshop skills. I also took the liberty to not draw the crowds of people and the bride/groom and instead focus on the combat related to you guys. Assume the newlyweds and some other VIPs near Peitros are packed together, guarded by their most trustworthy knights making their way from near Vishoon/Areanna to F/G 26/27 hacking their way at anyone who comes close. There are people everywhere right now running in all directions trying to escape the rain of arrows and carnage. If you are confused about anything let me know.
Mechanically, assume that the crowds are having these effects on the battlefield: Surprise/Round 1) Movement beyond 5ft requires a DC 15 acrobatics. Any ranged attack would be firing into melee and soft cover bonuses/precise shot are in effect. Round 2) Movement beyond 15ft requires a DC 15 acrobatics. No more soft cover from ranged attacks 3.)Crowds have dispersed enough that movement is no longer limited.

Also, I hope I don't offend anyone with the graphic violence or imagery provoked from this massacre. I can scale back the vivid descriptions if you all so prefer.

The cries of those dying, the screams of the living, the clanging of swords on swords, swords on steel armor, and that squishy sound of swords on flesh are heard by everyone.

Unsure of who is friend or foe, the newlywed couple, with the help of their honor guard, are running close protection in (F/G 27/28). Arrows from men on the wall are landing indiscriminately among people in the crowds. Men, women and children are being turned into gruesome fleshy pin-cushions. You see some guards return fire with their own volleys of arrows at the bandits to varying degrees of success. The caped figure seems to be the deadliest with a bow taking his time to line up shots that always hit their mark.

Areanna, people seem to be ignoring your pleas for a bow as they focus on getting out of here alive. You cannot find a bow nor arrow right now. There are too many people rushing by but you might have spotted a loaded crossbow on a dead body in G19.

Vishoon, with sword in hand, you identify a particularly cruel bandit in I25. You see him skewer through the face of a pregnant noblewoman cowering in front of him with a shortspear. He is quite gleeful over the slaughter.

Valeska, a bandit killed a horse a knight was on and you saw the armored man fall prone near the bandit (bandit 4). your ward is still active. Gregan has not been affected by a spell nor been dealt a blow.

Tiomir, you see a nobleman wrestling with bandit 1 trying to take the sword out of his hands. The nobleman gets pushed back by a strong kick and swiftly decapitated by the bandit.

I hope everyone is ok with how I handle games I run. My style of GMing definitely is skewed to imagery/creative actions for turns than strict adherance to rules and DCs for certain actions. If you narrate your actions well I'll be lenient on letting you get away with interesting stuff. If you'd rather I run everything EXACTLY by the book as far as DCs for climbing through windows, sliding down bannisters, or busting chandeliers I could do that too I guess.


Male Gnome Summoner 1

I'm not offended - I am even bloodier in my descriptions when I run my PbPs.

The Joust:

Both Tiomir and Rufus avert their eyes, though the result of the bandit's brutal beheading leaves the gnome wide-eyed and heaving for air. Rufus growls, and poises to charge. "D...don't, hold on..."

Muttering an incantation under his breath, Tiomir weaves a spell - and a silvery barrier is forged around the eidolon. It's with a deep breath and a heavy sigh Tiomir points, firmly, at the bandit.

It is with a howl that Rufus charges, and with a great leap he buries his fangs and his claws into the bandit...

Tiomir casts Shield on Rufus, giving him a +4 Deflection Bonus to AC.
Rufus charges the Bandit. Because of Pounce, he gets his full attack, and a +2 to his attack rolls. If this is the surprise round, the Bandit is also flat-footed?
Rufus bite attack roll: 1d20 + 3 + 2 ⇒ (18) + 3 + 2 = 23 (+1 base attack bonus, +2 strength, +2 charge)
Rufus bite damage roll: 1d6 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4
Rufus claw attack roll: 1d20 + 3 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 3 + 2 = 9 (+1 base attack bonus, +2 strength, +2 charge)
Rufus claw damage roll: 1d4 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6
Rufus claw attack roll: 1d20 + 3 + 2 ⇒ (9) + 3 + 2 = 14 (+1 base attack bonus, +2 strength, +2 charge)
Rufus claw damage roll: 1d4 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3
Current Rufus AC: 18


Female Half-Elf Witch 2 - HP: 16/16 - Init: +1 - Fort/Ref/Will: +2/+1/+4 - Perception: +7 - AC: 11, T: 11, FF: 10 - CMD: 12

The Joust:

Knowing that it won't do anything more than remove sight for the arrows--not that it matters with an indiscriminate hail--she figures giving the people in the stands some concealment as they run will help. She considers the other spells she has... but they would ravage the guests just as readily as the bandits.

Move to O20, cast Obscuring Mist.


Tiomir:

The crowds are still thick as people are scrambling to run away in almost every direction. In order for him to charge that distance he'd have to make a jump and land charging at the bandit. (DC 15 for the jump). I'll let you roll it.

The Joust:

Valeska, as a curtain of mist surrounds you, the last thing you see as the mists envelope you is a silvery dog-like animal prepare to leap off the platform. Fortunately for you, your mist spell worked as archers seem to be looking for easier targets away from the mist. Since you moved more than 5 feet pleace make an acrobatics check. (DC-15). The crowds and flurry of people make it difficult to move more than 5feet for this round.


M Human Cavalier 1 (Gendarme)

At The Chapel:

Bregan continues to walk to the middle of the chapel, bloodied sword in hand, small drips of blood dropping onto the aisle.

He says nothing but maintains eye contact the entire way, and appears if he is going to speak... but doesn't -- yet.

If I'm wrong, I hope she can survive a knife to her throat if his friend could survive a sword to his face.

Double move to H-2


Male Human (Varisian)

Following the 'knight' in, Ravens will scramble through the window, then move to G,0. (double move)

"Hey buddy! Why don't I just open up the door and let you out? What do you say about that?"

1d20 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 7 Diplomacy

EDIT: I should have used my ninja powers to take this guy out, but instead used them to top-post you GM! haha!


The Chapel:

Your movement freaks him. He is up and holding her close to him. Her body is between you and him. "STOP. DON'T COME ANY CLOSER. I'LL KILL THE WHORE. I SWEAR!" He is cautiously creeping his backfoot backwards getting ready to shuffle backwards away.
waiting on Ravens before I update the map

EDIT: GRRR! You will pay! Chapel Scene 2

He presses the knife closer to her neck. Your words fall on deaf ears (not literally). A trickle of red is seen running down her neck.


M Human Cavalier 1 (Gendarme)

At The Chapel:

I might as well post Round 2 since Round 1 was just movement updates, right? :)

Round 2

Bregan takes his eyes off the man for a moment, and begins to open his mouth to apparently respond to the criminal's threats. Just as the man appears ready to listen to what the knight may say, Bregan drops his shoulder and charges at the man, bringing his bloodied sword up towards the man's side.

Attack (2H bastard sword, charge): 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (18) + 6 = 24
Damage (2H bastard sword): 1d10 + 4 ⇒ (5) + 4 = 9

Wow a game where I finally roll higher than a 6 on d20. Shocking eh Ravens?

Saving witty banter until I know how dead or near-death he is.


The Chapel:

You guys are great. Your actions are sort of like self-fufilling prophecies. Bregan that precise amount of damage was perfect. >:)

Ser Bregan slices into the hostage taker who puts Shelaina in the way. At the last second you twist and hit him in an exposed area around his hamstrings. He shifts his weight to the other leg and is barely holding himself up. He is bleeding severely. He is grinning at you, Bregan, with a devilsh grin.

Waiting on Ravens which means even though I previewed this post somehow he will have snuck his post in before mine.


Male Human (Varisian)

Ravens will move G6 and hurl one of his stones at the man.

"You had your chance!"

1d20 + 3 - 4 + 1 ⇒ (17) + 3 - 4 + 1 = 17 to hit;
(dex-combat+magic stone)
1d6 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4 damage.


At the chapel:

After factoring in firing into melee and having a bloodied hostage in front of him, your deft shot harmlessly ricochets behind the altar. Your careful throw as to not hit Shelaina (since you probably don't care if it hit Ser Bregan) >:) proved to be over-calculated.
The devilishly grinning guard, currently disabled, runs his dagger through the throat of Shelaina. You hear both of them fall over from their wounds dying.
Shelainas is clearly not breathing and her eyes are closed. It will take a heal check to see if she how bad she is hurt. The hamstringed guard is unconscious but clearly still alive.

DM dice:

1d20 + 4 ⇒ (7) + 4 = 11
2d6 + 1 ⇒ (5, 2) + 1 = 8


M Human Cavalier 1 (Gendarme)

At The Chapel:

Bregan frowned as both man and woman crumpled to the ground.

I failed her like I failed my mother.

A man with a knife should have been an easier opponent than a carefully planned collapse. His mother's murderer was alive, living out a decade in a prison for his crime. Here, the perpetrator stood at his feet.

Bregan saw the unconscious man struggling to hold onto life.

He remedied that without spending a moment more thinking on it, the end of his sword came down onto the man's neck.

Coup de gras: 2d10 + 8 ⇒ (7, 2) + 8 = 17

With a look of finality, Bregan turned to Ravens and nodded at Shelaina's body, a look of weariness in his eyes.

Turning, Bregan moved slowly and methodically towards the locked door.


Male Human (Varisian)

Ravens will run over to the woman and begin to try to revive her.

"Bregan, do not give up. Help me here...it is not too late. Put pressure here."

Just like helping out a wounded horse, or tending a broken wing...you can do this, Ravens!

1d20 + 3 ⇒ (5) + 3 = 8 Heal; if failure, again!
1d20 + 3 ⇒ (18) + 3 = 21 Heal; if failure, again!
1d20 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5 Heal; if failure, again!
1d20 + 3 ⇒ (19) + 3 = 22 Heal; if failure, again!
1d20 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5 Heal; if failure...then failure...


The chaple:

Stabilize check: 1d20 - 7 ⇒ (6) - 7 = -1
Stabilize check: 1d20 - 8 ⇒ (6) - 8 = -2
Stabilize check: 1d20 - 9 ⇒ (6) - 9 = -3

Ser Bregan's sword slays the hostage taker and his head rolls down the step onto the floor of the chapel. Ravens you struggle to hold pressure to the girl's throat. His blade cut deep across her neck. Her faint heartbeat can't be felt but can be seen from the pulses of blood leaving her neck. You finally get a grip on her and you apply more pressure with your hands. As best you can, even! You are struggling trying to keep her with the living but the blood keeps coming! You are urging her to stay with you. Stay with the living. You press harder and use your sleeves to help. Without a healers kit you are doing the best you can. You think you stabilized her when on the front of her body you see more red. You didn't see it before. Revealing the source of the wound.. you see on her stomach something was carved by something sharp. The wound is in the shape of a seven pointed star. She seems fine for a few moments.. the blood stopped flowing. Then you feel it in your own heart that she has lost too much blood and her valiant struggle for life is over. She has moved on.

You literally would have saved her at -10.. unfortunately that is her con score so she died right before you saved her. Damn, Ravens, that was like some stuff straight out of a TV medical drama. Feel free to pretend you have a surgeon's mask that you can pull down and shake your head side to side and say "we lost her." Without your healers kit your 21 became a 19 which was one point from saving her. Also, I rolled three sixes in a row. 6,6,6..


M Human Cavalier 1 (Gendarme)

At The Chapel:

Looks like the Gods wanted Shelaina? Normally a First Aid check to stabilize is just a flat DC15 (and no penalty for not having a healer's kit). Presumably there was a burly circumstance penalty there (-8 or more?), so Bregan won't feel too guilty for not helping...

Bregan unlocks the door to the outside, and seeing the man he wounded earlier, runs his sword through the man's gut.

He could have been questioned, but Bregan wasn't interested in that.

The knight looks up at the darkening sky with tired eyes and wonders what else could go wrong today.

When he hears screams and sword on steel, his frown deepens.

Bregan whistles for his horse.

Handle Animal ("Come" trick DC10): 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (17) + 8 = 25


The Chapel:

She was dying and trying to stabilize while Ravens attempted to stabilize her as well. I read the treat deadly wounds section instead of first aid and thats where I got my DCs.

Something doesn't feel right. The blood did stop flowing out from her. Something more than a thought comes over you. "She lives." Maybe it is madness or refusal to accept the circumstances, but you feel convinced she is alive. Maybe hanging by single thread but definitely alive.

Ser Bregan, you kill the guard Ravens stabilized earlier and you hear your horse come beckoning to you. The speed and sound of its arrival makes you think it will be hear in about 6 seconds.

Outside you see a men rushing around, women and children hiding and fleeing past you to the south near the jousting area... away from the loudest noises of battle.


Male Human (Varisian)

Ravens turns to Bregan.

"She lives, but only barely. I've done what I can do for her. I'm a birdtender, not a healer." Ravens rises from where he was kneeling.

"Ser, she is in the hands of whatever Gods inhabit this chapel. Sounds like there is additional fighting outside...you go and I'll catch up. I'll see if I can find the good father or a chaplain to tend to the Lady."

He picks up the dagger (and longsword?) from the decapitated man, quickly going through his pockets for anything of use.

* * *

When Ravens leaves the chapel, he will look for anyone he knows/trusts to tell them to go aid/watch the lady in the Chapel.

1d20 + 8 ⇒ (3) + 8 = 11 Perception

From there, he will follow Ser Bregan to the sound of the fighting.

Hold on, Syra! I'm coming!


You see Bregan hastily make his way out of the temple not caring for his fellow falcon. She remains unconscious and unresponsive to anything right now. There is a dagger, longsword, on him is studded leather armor and a quick ruffle through his pockets you find a small piece of paper that is crumbled up as well as a tiny pouch that has six well-crafted dice made of a transparent glass or gem-quality material. Each are tinted with a different color.

the crumpled paper:

"STRIKE ON THE THIRD TRUMPET"

Outside you spot Ser Bregan is mounting on his horse. The sounds of combat are coming mostly from the north of where you are near the jousting area. That is where Syra most likely would be.


M Human Cavalier 1 (Gendarme)

Seeing Ravens emerge from the chapel, hands covered in Shelain's blood, he is started by the good news.

I thought for certain she was dead. Perhaps this Ravens is not so useless after all?

Bregan stands waiting for Norocol. He contemplates how amusing it is that everything in his life seems to be broken down into units of six seconds.

As his stallion rushes over, he readies himself to quickly mount it.

Ride (swift mount DC20)*: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (12) + 5 = 17
* Bregan has no penalty for Ride checks while armored, because he's epic like that.

He takes a move action to climb on.

Turning to regard Ravens, he contemplates for a moment before holding his hand outstretched.

"Come. You may be useful if there are more wounded."

He'll ride off to the north regardless if Ravens accepts.


Male Human (Varisian)

Ravens accepts, still looking and yelling to anyone he knows that the Lady is inside.

"May whatever gods she worshipped be with her in the holy place." Ravens says as he looks over his shoulder at the chapel before centering himself on the horse, looking toward the next conflict.

1d20 + 7 ⇒ (9) + 7 = 16 Ride


I think it would be fair to wait for Tiomir, Vishoon, Areanna, and Valeska to post their actions before you two parade down to the jousting fields to try and save the day.

EDIT: Ser Bregan I cannot pass up this opportunity to note: "A cavalier does not take an armor check penalty on Ride checks while riding his mount." One could make a case that mounting your mount does not fall under the category of "riding his mount." I'd hold off invoking your epicness until you are doing things with less technicalities involved. ;) Not that I'm saying that is how I interpret it. Simply saying it is possible.


Female Half-Elf Witch 2 - HP: 16/16 - Init: +1 - Fort/Ref/Will: +2/+1/+4 - Perception: +7 - AC: 11, T: 11, FF: 10 - CMD: 12

The Joust:

If it's all right I'd rather move 5ft to P22 and cast there, instead, then. I forgot which round this was.


Valeska:
Sure no problem.


Male 1/2 Orc Inquisitor of Lamashtu HP 11/11 AC 17/12 Touch/15 FF Fort: +4 Reflex: +2 Will: +6 Init: +6 CMB:+2 CMD:14

Vishoon tries to save the woman. He 5fts to H24 and attacks the bandit.
Attack:1d20 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 2 = 9
Damage(if hits):1d8 ⇒ 8
oops damage should have been 1d8 +2 but with that roll it doesn't matter


Female Elf Bard(Arcane Duelist) lvl 1

Been out of the loop for a little bit. Looks like my actions are going to be fairly simple.

The Joust:

Areanna notices the crossbow. She is distraught by the devestation to this happy day and anger fills her heart. Her song now reflects her fury as she reaches for the crossbow.
Acrobatics if necessary:1d20 + 7 ⇒ (10) + 7 = 17
She will pick it up enchant it with Arcane Strike and fire at the nearest foe:
1d20 + 4 ⇒ (15) + 4 = 19 For Assuming a heavy.1d10 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 2 = 9 She will then reload and wait her turn.
I realized this wastes a few turns but I have no idea what round we are on so fit all actions took here in where relevant.


Le post monster ate my post recapping everyone's actions and what is going on. The surprise round allowed Tiomir to cast shield on his eidolon and Vishoon to intimidate the noble into giving him a longsword. I also explained why I fiated this intimidate check to 1 turn. If anyone has a problem with it let me know and I'll align my style with the group's view of how a game should be run. Since the guards were busy finishing up their gruesome murders, you all got to act for free for the first full round of combat, too. I'll give Tiomir till the mornin' before I roll his acrobatics check and his extra standard action he could do (the standard action from his round 1 turn) while I type out a lengthy re-cap of everyone else's actions, update the map, and what the bandits/guards will do will kick off round 2. So after I post the update at work early tomorrow morning we will be in the middle of round 2. I realize now and I'm sorry I didn't do this earlier but I should adopt a standardized format for combats so it is clear what the hell is going on. I'm sorry everyone! Hey- if you all got EXP for the number of times I apologize for my inadequacies as a GM you'd all be epic levels.

101 to 150 of 645 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / DM Olondir presents "It's Always Sunny in the Stolen Lands" - Chapter 1 All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.