DM Olondir presents "It's Always Sunny in the Stolen Lands" - Chapter 1

Game Master Olondir

A delicious stew consisting of plenty of Rise of the Runelords fun, Game of Thrones intrigue, Luck the hero horse, while being tied together with a marvelous Kingmaker broth. Simply delicious.


51 to 100 of 645 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>

An older man with a long white beard responds to your query. "She'd be with the groom probably near the podium!"
assuming you go looking for her
You see her having a great time talking to a group of nobles.. most of whom you have never met nor do they look familiar. She spots you and rufus and her eyes open wide. "Professor! You made it! It is such a pleasure to see you after all this time!" She hugs you.


Male Gnome Summoner 1

"Ah, Syra, it has been too long. Congratulations on your big day." Tiomir reciprocates the hug and Rufus gives her a gruff nuzzle. "This is quite the celebration."


Female Half-Elf Witch 2 - HP: 16/16 - Init: +1 - Fort/Ref/Will: +2/+1/+4 - Perception: +7 - AC: 11, T: 11, FF: 10 - CMD: 12

Gah, deal with a blackout, lose track of what's happening.

"Tzerny, sir," Valeska replies, clearly flustered by recent events. She does a quick mental count of her deck, and replaces it into its pouch.

She adds, "Why have I received the honor of your presence, Lord Parooh?"


Female Elf Bard(Arcane Duelist) lvl 1

Areanna watches Lionel perform at his worse, she laughed and applauded him. "Well done good sir knight, it is nice to know we have such talented men fighting for our kingdom." At the statement regarding pressure of battle. "Are you sure that the pressure of performing before the rarest most talented beauty in the land wasn't more than you could handle?" She giggled and stepped forward and gave him a gentle kiss on the cheek. "A little something for entertaining me. It was a pleasure to meet you. Ta. Areanna left the mans presents and began to wander.

After moving about and cashing in her wine vouchers, she spotted Vishoon. "Vishoon! The brave bounty hunter from last night. It is good to see you again. How are you enjoying the festivities?


Female Elf Bard(Arcane Duelist) lvl 1

Areanna watches Lionel perform at his worse, she laughed and applauded him. "Well done good sir knight, it is nice to know we have such talented men fighting for our kingdom." At the statement regarding pressure of battle. "Are you sure that the pressure of performing before the rarest most talented beauty in the land wasn't more than you could handle?" She giggled and stepped forward and gave him a gentle kiss on the cheek. "A little something for entertaining me. It was a pleasure to meet you. Ta. Areanna left the mans presents and began to wander.

After moving about and cashing in her wine vouchers, she spotted Vishoon. "Vishoon! The brave bounty hunter from last night. It is good to see you again. How are you enjoying the festivities?


Male Human (Varisian)

Ravens stiffens as Ser Bregan approaches the stable, *his* stable, and threatens the sanctuary and peace therein.

Get out of here. This is *my* place with *my* friends.

Ravens sighs and slowly puts down the clydesdale's hoof, returning his picker to the wall where it goes.

Approaching Ser Bregan, "Ser, I think I confused Glenborne with the Greenbelt earlier...it's a common mistake. I know much about the Greenbelt..."

Ravens will relate what his Master told him about the Greenbelt.

"...and in conclusion, troll dung looks much like that of a cow, except also has bits of chewed bone therein."

His duty done, Ravens will bow and slowly try to inch away and back to the festival.


M Human Cavalier 1 (Gendarme)

The forgetful bird-man approached him again, a meek look on his face as if he were about to offer a sacrifice to an angry god.

Bregan stood quietly while he approached, continuing to smooth out his horse's hair.

His course on Greenbelt history complete, Bregan nodded. "Hrm."

Unstrapping the reigns to Luck, he slowly escorted his steed from it's holding pen.

"I'm going to walk my horse around the reception grounds. He gets antsy cooped up in here. I'm sure your ravens - Two-Tone and Squirts was it? - feel the same about their cages?"

Did I just want someone to share in my anxiety over the expedition? Hmmm.

Bregan will lead Luck around the fence surrounding the reception area, so that he can see the festivities within. He won't keep Ravens should he head back in to enjoy himself.


Tiomir wrote:
"Ah, Syra, it has been too long. Congratulations on your big day." Tiomir reciprocates the hug and Rufus gives her a gruff nuzzle. "This is quite the celebration."

"The biggest! Gods it is amazing to see you. Rufus looks bigger since I remember him on campus! Remember when my other classmates petitioned to get him to be the school's mascot?!" She chuckles. "It feels forever ago. What have you been up to? Did you ever solve.. what was it? I can't remember..."

Valeska wrote:


She adds, "Why have I received the honor of your presence, Lord Parooh?"

"Well I was looking for something to pass the time at this wedding and... well.. just a moment!" He laughs and casts a spell. "Zoloto, come!" Another dark raven flies into the tent and perches on the shoulder of the gnome. "Zoloto, this is Tzerny."

"Zoloto, Tzerney and Valeska here are harrowers. What do you think about that?"

"CAW! I'm smarter." Says the bird.

"Oh you are? He isn't normally like that. I thought he'd like to meet another of his species but apparently he's feeling arrogant. Must have been from all that corn today, I see..hmm.. I have an idea! If you aren't waiting on another customer.. why don't we have a contest...to see who has the smartest raven!"

The reception area is enclosed by the castle itself. It is being held on the greens. (A park-like area of sorts.) You're still more than welcome to walk him around.


Male Human (Varisian)

Ravens turns to his master, confuzzled.

"Master, what did he mean when he was talking about TwoToes and Squeel? Is he going to take them from us?"

Ravens is definitely not going to let 'Ser' Bregan Stoneheaded have *his* ravens...they are way too good for him!

* * *

After speaking with the Master and helping in the stables, Ravens will return to the festival looking for some diversion to allow him to forget his twin troubles: Syra and Ser Stone.

Drink? Or more more more drink?


M Human Cavalier 1 (Gendarme)

Bregan marched his steed along the shadow of the castle walls, one eye occasionally drifting to the reception held within.

Bregan could not help but stop and admire his stallion, a reddish-copper color as were most of the mounts ridden by the Kupfer Falken. The rest of the horses were picked up by the Orlovsky guard and he presumed were now cozy within the family's stables.

I had suggested fair value in coin be sent back to the widows that grieve their lost husbands. Let us hope my new employer stays true to his word.

Bregan shook himself out of his momentary trance of admiration.

Will you continue to bring me good luck, friend?

At the shouts of nearby competition from the archery range, Bregan felt his curiosity stir. Commanding his mount to stay, he strayed closer to observe.


Male Human (Varisian)

Ravens heads directly for the ale tent, looking carefully to avoid the wedding party (mostly Syra) and avoid any further encounters with 'Ser' Braggart Stone.

Getting one ale, then another, Ravens finally feels safe enough to wander further.

His wanderings eventually take him before an open-air tent, a man and his raven inside getting his harrow read by a woman and a beautiful raven.

Since my life is ending, might as well see how it ends.

Ravens waits for his turn to have his harrow read, staring at the ground, then around, then back at the ground as he waits.


Male Gnome Summoner 1

Tiomir chuckles as the girl he once knew is still alive and kicking under the guise of a Lady. He glances at those who had her attention previously, with an apologetic smile. "Easy child, don't strain yourself too much for me. I have been teaching, as I always have, though..."

He ruffles his hand through his hair and reveals the root of it; underneath the faded gold is pale white. "My heritage is finally catching up. I truly appreciate the invitation, my dear Syra. Mayhap my colour will return soon, with the liveliness of today."


Male 1/2 Orc Inquisitor of Lamashtu HP 11/11 AC 17/12 Touch/15 FF Fort: +4 Reflex: +2 Will: +6 Init: +6 CMB:+2 CMD:14

Vishoon studies the man carefully, he memorizes the face and clothing the man wears. specifically looking for anything unusual, that would make him identifiable in the future.
Hearing the name Twindale, Vishoon growls.
Twindale? Who would have though there be more than one Tevok here? Maybe he changed his last name to hide from justice. Hmm... I think I'll go look for one of the two bards from the tavern last night. Bards seem to know more about people than most, especially that Areanna, she is always asking for folks to tell her tales, if Tevok has been Twindale his whole life they might have tales of him, if not then he could still be mine man.

With this he heads back to the crowds to look for either of the bards.
Hear his name being called, he looks around. To his surprise, its Areanna, just the the person he was hoping to find.

"Greeting Miss Areanna, I must say you look quite dazzling in that outfit. "
Looking over her fine outfit, and jewelry.
"Are you enjoying the festivities? I heard you earlier, your playing was splendid, you seem to know the bride and groom?
I used old farm trick to win in the Pig Catching Contest earlier, you should have seen the others, evidently none of them has ever raised pigs before"

Hoping it doesn't make him sound too common"


Male 1/2 Orc Inquisitor of Lamashtu HP 11/11 AC 17/12 Touch/15 FF Fort: +4 Reflex: +2 Will: +6 Init: +6 CMB:+2 CMD:14

"So have you participated in any of the events here? I'm heading over to the Ogre Smashing Contest if you wish to come over.
Vishoon hopes the Mother is with him in that contest as he knows some are stronger than him
"By the way I wonder, I know you are one who enjoys hearing peoples tales, have you heard in you travels any stories of Tevok Twindale, one of the member of the Iron Wraiths?


Areanna's knowledge of Tevok:

You would barely know who he is except for the fact he is a bard like yourself. You've never met him but you know him to be a womanizer with a knack for duel wielding kukris. He's made a name for himself as an adventurer in northern Issia under a different last name. Without a knowledge local or history that's about all you know off the top of your head.

Syra looks shocked at Tiomir's hair. "The bleaching! you poor thing! Gregan and I will be leaving after lunch and we'll be missing the joust.. you know how that's my favorite event in the world, too! Jousts never cease to excite me!"

I'll let everyone finish up their discussions and when everyone is ready I'll move to lunch time.


Male 1/2 Orc Inquisitor of Lamashtu HP 11/11 AC 17/12 Touch/15 FF Fort: +4 Reflex: +2 Will: +6 Init: +6 CMB:+2 CMD:14

Vishoon wanders over to the Ogre Smashing
Seems simple enough (Supposing you want strength check)
Vishoon stretches, silently praying to the Mother for assistance and swings as mightily as he can
1d20 + 2 ⇒ (20) + 2 = 22
Seeing how high it goes, he looks at Das
"The Mother is smiling on me, beat that if you can."


Female Elf Bard(Arcane Duelist) lvl 1

Sadly, Arcane Duelist replaces Bardic knowledge :(

Areanna does a twirl in her nobility robes and let's her jewelry jingle. "Why thank you, Lord Orlovsky bought it for me, isn't lovely. I am currently staying with the Orlovsky's since I left my parents home. Though I don't stay there much now that I am a self made woman. I am close to their son Gregan. He is like a brother to me and I am very happy for his union."

At the mention of the events and games, Areanna nods. "I have participated in the archery contest and naturally I performed exquisitely. The best part was when a member of the Mithral Falcons tried to show up my superior skill and failed miserably. Not everyone can be a great archer like me I guess." She will nod about the ogre smashing contest and follow Vishoon to see it.

At the mention of Trevok, Areanna thinks for a moment. "The only thing I know is that he is something of a womanizer, not a person I'm interested in getting to close too. But if you have any interesting inspirational stories, ones that don't involve his usual habits of course, I will listen."


DAMN VISHOON! I was going to make you hold off on the ogre smasher until I did the midday announcements and have everyone gather in for the midday's honoration of the upcoming expeditions. That was impressive though, I must say! I'll post the outcome for your amazing performance later but to tease you a little- you actually hit the machine so hard and with such force the bell that rises went past all 3 of the painted lines on the machine and actually flew off! Well done!


Male 1/2 Orc Inquisitor of Lamashtu HP 11/11 AC 17/12 Touch/15 FF Fort: +4 Reflex: +2 Will: +6 Init: +6 CMB:+2 CMD:14

"I wish them much joy in their Union too"
Raising a cup of wine he has been carrying with him and taking a gulp

Excellent, I have not had much experience with bows, where I am from there is not much game to hunt, most of our food is raised, or fished for. Fish is a popular meal back home.

No...No stories of him. His name sounds familiar,as someone who may have come though my home area in Issia."


Male 1/2 Orc Inquisitor of Lamashtu HP 11/11 AC 17/12 Touch/15 FF Fort: +4 Reflex: +2 Will: +6 Init: +6 CMB:+2 CMD:14

Sorry to spoil the timing, wasn't sure when it was and i figured I'd he'd wander over there (Yes the Mother's blessing was with him on that roll)


Female Half-Elf Witch 2 - HP: 16/16 - Init: +1 - Fort/Ref/Will: +2/+1/+4 - Perception: +7 - AC: 11, T: 11, FF: 10 - CMD: 12

"Well..." the blinded Valeska replies, "Is there anyone else waiting? Tzerny?"

Tzerny gives Valeska a jaundiced eye, to no avail. Valeska listens for customers. Hearing nothing, she shakes her head.

"I guess everyone headed off, had other things to do. Yes, let's have this contest. Although, you'll probably win, Zoloto can speak. But whatever, a good friend of mine likes to call me a foolish girl, let's find out, shall we?"

She moves in, conspiratorially to Parooh. "Although, I have a confession to make. I'm not actually blind." She stands, pulling off the blindfold. "But I can read the cards without sight."

"So, what sort of contest did you have in mind?"

Tzerny lets out some kind of guttural growl, which Valeska blithely ignores, with a smile?


M Human Cavalier 1 (Gendarme)

Bregan's eyes narrowed as he kept them open for a glimpse of the red-robed woman who was supposed to be joining the Mithril Falcons.

How funny I go from the Falken to the Falcons -- I wonder if that was intentional?

The knight spotted Ravens again. He seemed to be standing waiting patiently outside a tent.

Ah, the Harrow reader. I see he's quite astute at making decisions for himself.

Bregan chuckled to himself, and continued to scan the grounds.

He spotted what he thought was Lionel, the arrogant archer that was also supposed to accompany him. The man seemed to be storming away, red-faced from the archery contest. He saw the towering woman standing nearby wearing a large grin.

Perhaps she really is the archer, she claimed?

Bregan leaned both of his meaty arms onto a fence circling the area.

He'll continue to keep an eye open for the red-robed woman or any of the three "red shirts" that were promised to come along.

Is Bregan supposed to compete in anything like... gulp... the joust?


Male Gnome Summoner 1

"Oh, don't go and treat me as some child just because you stand twice my size, Syra," Tiomir chuckles. "I am still full of life."

"Truth be told I could stand to watch a good joust. Not near enough of them in Magnimar...I'll make sure to record every detail for you."


Bregan:
you are not obligated to compete in anything. These games and interractions are entirely for fun! Just keep doing what you think your character would do. You're good at that! I didn't think Ser Bregan would want to joust but if I'm wrong I could fit you in. As far as the midday festival goes,you were instructed to simply go on stage, wave when your name is announced, and then return back to festivities. I'm not making you do it, just I'm pretty sure the bride and groom would be upset if the newest addition to the Greenbelt party was mysteriously missing.

Valeska:

Parooh's eyes widen. "I knew it! You were too confident to be blind! Your act was still quite impressive m'lady. To see cards without sight is something special. Hmm.. I love games and have an idea but it seems I'd only be holding up the line..." He looks to see Ravens standing outside. "I would hate to keep this boy from getting his fortune told... you're the seer.. perhaps we will meet again and have this display of avian wit afterall. He smiles and proceeds to make his way out the tent.

Ravens:

Ravens, a well-dressed gnome with a raven perched on his shoulder is leaving the tent and gestures you inside. "You're up, lad."

Tiomir:

"Great! Hopefully I will see you there! I have to go now, Professor. I have to find my love and get ready for my father's midday speech. Hopefully I won't be seated high above where you are and miss you tonight at the joust! Good bye!" She gives you and then Rufus a hug before she makes her way back to her new husband.

The midday festival and lunch

The late morning's festivities have been quite eventful and many are hungry. The smells of Ameiko's Curry Spiced Salmon, The Hagfish's Momma's Traditional Rabbit Stew, and The Whitedeer's Peppercorn Venison are floating in the air near the food tents. Everything tastes delicious, but as far as the competition goes it seems Ameiko's once again has the best dish.

After everyone's been fed, guests are asked to meet at the podium once again. Behind stage is a line of guests. Judging by their more serious demeanor and thier groupings into 4 different groups they must be the adventuring expeditions.

Peitros comes up on stage and asks for all the to-be explorers to accompany him on stage so he may congratulate them. He announces them in order starting with the Iron Wraiths and ending with the Mithral Falcons. There is much cheering in the crowd, but the crowd favorites are the leaders of each group. Vladimir Wolkov of the Iron Wraiths, Maegar Varn of the Steel Banshees, Fletcher Williams of the Copper Claws, and Lionel Warmont of the Mithral Falcons.

Those in the audience hear comments such as, "These men and women are heroes!" "That Lionel is so gorgeous!", and/or " Songs will be wrote about them soon."

Lastly, the Father blesses the adventuring parties and wishes them the best on their expeditions. "May Desna bless you with the best of luck as you do your duties to King and country."


Female Half-Elf Witch 2 - HP: 16/16 - Init: +1 - Fort/Ref/Will: +2/+1/+4 - Perception: +7 - AC: 11, T: 11, FF: 10 - CMD: 12

Valeska lets Parooh go, planning to replace her blindfold, when noticing who it is. She chuckles to herself, forgets about the blindfold for the moment, and says to Ravens,

"Welcome, please, come in and sit. I remember you in the tavern yesterday, right? You had that lovely toast to love lost. Come, let's learn about your love, shall we?"

She hands her deck to Ravens, adding, "Shuffle, and think about what's weighing on your mind. When you're ready, you can hand the deck back to me."

Biting her lip, she looks around quickly, and replaces her blindfold. "Why not give you the full treatment? It's more fun this way, no?"

Tzerny hops off her shoulder to add, "Hello, loverboy. Don't worry, I'll keep her reading gentle."


Male Human (Varisian)

Ravens enters, happy to have his turn and to meet someone who would treat him well on this very sad day.

See? Those who a bird would trust must be good people.

Though he does not remember much from last night, upon closer inspection, he does remember the raven and resists the urge to pet him yet again.

"Hey, I know you, I think." Ravens says to the bird in common, not having time to talk to it in the 'usual' (druidic) way.

Ravens accepts the deck and shuffles it poorly as he is unused to cards, never being a gambler.

It is easy to think about what is on his mind as the drinks have yet to take effect and nearly everything reminds him of the pain in his heart.

Syra!

Returning the deck, Ravens sits and waits.


Female Half-Elf Witch 2 - HP: 16/16 - Init: +1 - Fort/Ref/Will: +2/+1/+4 - Perception: +7 - AC: 11, T: 11, FF: 10 - CMD: 12

Harrow Fun:

1d10 ⇒ 2 1d6 ⇒ 1
1d10 ⇒ 7 1d6 ⇒ 4
1d10 ⇒ 9 1d6 ⇒ 3
1d10 ⇒ 2 1d6 ⇒ 5
1d10 ⇒ 4 1d6 ⇒ 2
1d10 ⇒ 6 1d6 ⇒ 5
1d10 ⇒ 3 1d6 ⇒ 5
1d10 ⇒ 1 1d6 ⇒ 4
1d10 ⇒ 2 1d6 ⇒ 6
1d10 ⇒ 3 1d6 ⇒ 2

1d20 + 5 ⇒ (5) + 5 = 10

Tzerny lets out a caw and hops back on Valeska's shoulder, ruffles, and settles into his position.

Valeska takes the deck and turns over the first card: The Carnival. She rests a moment, inhaling deeply. "You saw something that wasn't there, lost in the translation. You found yourself with something you couldn't reasonably attain. But why would your dreams grow like this?"

Valeska turns over the second card: The Sickness. She touches the card a moment. "Strange in this position. You found your dream during a disease? No, this is a weakness, this is a moment of pain. It was though the weakness that the dream could flourish. What stood against you?"

Valeska reveals the third card: The Vision. She lets out a short breath in understanding. "Madness, of course. This love, it is like a fever, all consuming, threatening to rend you apart. It is rapacious, it consumes your health and dreams more suredly than any disease. But this is only the past. What brings you to this state, today?"

With a flourish, Valeska flips the fourth card: The Cyclone. Valeska sighs in compassion. "Oh, you poor man, tossed to and fro. You are here today, hope beyond hope, looking for that slightest bit of comfort, unwavering in your hope, knowing that there is something that can be done. There is something in the air. What might it be?"

Valeska feels for the fifth card, turning it face up. She gasps as The Hidden Truth is revealed. "There is something in the air. Everything before, that was just hopes and dreams... but just behind it all, there is indeed something more, something true your your dreams. Perhaps it was just false long ago, but that seed of love has germinated. But there's something even greater in the way..."

The sixth card is revealed: The Peacock. She nods. "Something ephemeral. Something beautiful, but only for a moment, and then it's gone. Something happening today..." Valeska inhales in shock. She whispers, "The wedding? Is that it? The... oh, dear, it's Syra, isn't it?"

Tzerny lets out a deep throated chuckle. "And now we're seeing the truth of the matter," he taunts.

"Quiet!" Valeska commands. "There is still the future to be read. We can't let our thoughts get in the way!" She calms herself down as she reads the seventh card: The Fiend. Valeska swallows in fear. "Calamity. Your hope is in calamity. If you take decisive action when evil strikes, that will be your salvation. But why? what's going on?"

Her hands tremble as she reaches for the eighth card. The future is always the hardest part of any reading, and she is always afraid of what it means... The Betrayal. "No..." Valeska pleads. "Something's wrong here. Something very wrong. Selfishness leads to ruin... Don't raise the calamity yourself, sir, it's already coming. What is it looking like?"

She practically ignores Ravens as she grabs the final card, nearly crushing it in her worry. She places it on the table: The Dance. "What?" Valeska shakes her head. "This is totally the wrong place for a card like this. Everything moving in perfect order, creating beauty... Or is it in the order that calamity is caused? Everyone acting in unison, shuffling toward disaster? Or is it..."

Valeska's voice completely changes, with command, urgency. "Tzerny, the curtains." Tzerny takes flight, pulling the tent flaps free to cover the inside from the outside. Valeska rips off her blindfold. She grasps the beastmaster's hand. Her nostrils flare with peril. Her other hand holds a poultice carefully. She speaks with measure, fear, determination. "Sir, I need you to be perfectly honest with me, and I apologize for being so personal. Are you in love with Syra?"


M Human Cavalier 1 (Gendarme)

Bregan enjoyed himself in the sun on the outskirts, but then realized it was coming upon noon.

Ah yes, the stage thing. So strange they would mix a marriage with business like this. Although, it seems a noble's marriage was just another form of a business deal.

Tugging on his armor to ensure it wasn't about to fall off, Bregan made his way to the stage and clambered up after the others who were supposed to be in the Mithral Falcons.

And here I now stand, as if to be a lord's puppet instead of the free man I was earlier this week. And for what? Free meals and a sliver of land somewhere no right man would want it?

Bregan was glad when the introductions ended, quickly hopping down from the stage.

Once again he'll hunt down the red-robed woman - I presume she was on the stage, too?


Yes, of course. Her name is Shelaina Morrow and she's currently walking away from the rest of the crowds to the chapel.


M Human Cavalier 1 (Gendarme)

Presumably he knows her name already...

"Shelaina!" Bregan called after the woman as he descended the stage, leaving a deep boot-print on the ground when he finally hit the dirt.

"Are you... busy?" he inquired. He tried to force a smile, but it likely came out awkward.

If she gives him some time... he goes right to business.

She looks academic, I'm sure she's paying attention to these details.

"As I'm new, I wanted a better idea of what we're doing, and what to expect each of my new team-members to contribute?"


Female Elf Bard(Arcane Duelist) lvl 1

Areanna applauds the groups that are up on stage. As she notices Lionel she muses to herself. I hope they will be alright, with that level of Archery talent, they'd need all the help they can get. Oh well, at least he's cute so he has one thing going for him. That I can tell anyways.

For DM:

Forgive me but I may have missed this part somewhere along the way, but has Areanna be notified that she is going to be part of any quests or expedition teams? If so who are the people she knows that are going with. Or has she not been asked to go yet. Is there anything else I should be aware of that I'm missing? I'm just getting the feeling the other players are more informed than I am is all.


Male Human (Varisian)

Ravens watches as the cards turn over, making his own judgments upon them as they are cast.

Valeska wrote:
Valeska takes the deck and turns over the first card: The Carnival. She rests a moment, inhaling deeply. "You saw something that wasn't there, lost in the translation. You found yourself with something you couldn't reasonably attain. But why would your dreams grow like this?"

That is what my life has become. A carnival for others to prey upon my pain.

Ravens listens to Valeska's description and keeps silent.

Valeska wrote:
Valeska turns over the second card: The Sickness. She touches the card a moment. "Strange in this position. You found your dream during a disease? No, this is a weakness, this is a moment of pain. It was though the weakness that the dream could flourish. What stood against you?"

Of course, the cards know my heart. It is sick...and I shall not recover.

"Nothing stands against me...and nothing stands with me either." Ravens says in response, his eyes darting to the raven.

Valeska wrote:
Valeska reveals the third card: The Vision. She lets out a short breath in understanding. "Madness, of course. This love, it is like a fever, all consuming, threatening to rend you apart. It is rapacious, it consumes your health and dreams more suredly than any disease. But this is only the past. What brings you to this state, today?"

Not just love, bird, but unrequited love. She *should* love me...she's always been so nice to me.

"Nothing." Ravens lies weakly.

Valeska wrote:
With a flourish, Valeska flips the fourth card: The Cyclone. Valeska sighs in compassion. "Oh, you poor man, tossed to and fro. You are here today, hope beyond hope, looking for that slightest bit of comfort, unwavering in your hope, knowing that there is something that can be done. There is something in the air. What might it be?"

"Nothing." Ravens lies weakly as he wishes he had not done this.

Valeska wrote:
Valeska feels for the fifth card, turning it face up. She gasps as The Hidden Truth is revealed. "There is something in the air. Everything before, that was just hopes and dreams...but just behind it all, there is indeed something more, something true your your dreams. Perhaps it was just false long ago, but that seed of love has germinated. But there's something even greater in the way..."

Ravens is taken in by the reaction to Valeska, his mind racing to interpret.

Does Syra love me?! Is that what the card has told you!?

Upon hearing the explanation, Ravens tries to relax, not mollified by her answer. It was not what he wanted to hear.

Valeska wrote:
The sixth card is revealed: The Peacock. She nods. "Something ephemeral. Something beautiful, but only for a moment, and then it's gone. Something happening today..." Valeska inhales in shock. She whispers, "The wedding? Is that it? The... oh, dear, it's Syra, isn't it?"

Something ethereal? Irrational? Emf-fem-er-lateral? Ravens squishes his face in his efforts to understand the word...but shows shock when Valeska mentions Syra.

Ravens, knowing he is caught, says nothing.

How did she know?

Ravens glares at the raven for his comments.

I thought you were on my side.

Valeska wrote:
The seventh card: The Fiend. Valeska swallows in fear. "Calamity. Your hope is in calamity. If you take decisive action when evil strikes, that will be your salvation. But why? what's going on?"

Ravens breaks his silence when she mentions hope. Ravens had lost all hope when Syra whispered "I do." back to her 'beloved'.

"There is still a chance?" Ravens whispers, his heart feeling less hurty...before...

Valeska wrote:
Her hands tremble as she reaches for the eighth card. The future is always the hardest part of any reading, and she is always afraid of what it means... The Betrayal. "No..." Valeska pleads. "Something's wrong here. Something very wrong. Selfishness leads to ruin... Don't raise the calamity yourself, sir, it's already coming. What is it looking like?"

...it clenches back up, his stomach now a-roil with the card upturned.

Calamity? I'm not a clamaniter.

Ravens fears for the truth of this future.

Valeska wrote:
She places it on the table: The Dance. "What?" Valeska shakes her head. "This is totally the wrong place for a card like this. Everything moving in perfect order, creating beauty... Or is it in the order that calamity is caused? Everyone acting in unison, shuffling toward disaster? Or is it..."

Ravens feels the first strong tinge of queasiness in his stomach as Valeska mentions the dance. Swallowing hard, Ravens ties to keep his ale down as Valesk and the bird lower the curtains.

Ravens hands tremble as Valeska holds them, awaiting an answer.

Ravens will whisper "Yes," before standing up and moving to vomit in the corner, 2 pints of ale and bile leaving his stomach between hacks and coughs.

Wiping his mouth with the back of his hand, Ravens turns to face Valeska, and straighten up.

With a bit more confidence, he says "Yes, and what of it?"


Female Half-Elf Witch 2 - HP: 16/16 - Init: +1 - Fort/Ref/Will: +2/+1/+4 - Perception: +7 - AC: 11, T: 11, FF: 10 - CMD: 12

Valeska covers her mouth and nose and turns away as Ravens vomits.

Tzerny flaps his wings, and replies, "What a pity, that was good stew."

"Oh Pharasma, I'm going to be sick..." Valeska states as Ravens empties his stomach.

Valeska clenches her own stomach as she turns back to the card spread. "You've been asking about Syra, and the cards are talking about Syra. Look, The Fiend, The Betrayal, The Dance. The Fiend is the one acting to your benefit. Your benefit. There's a great calamity coming, a great betrayal. And it will strike when the positions of everyone will be known. If this were just about some peasant girl, or even some other noble, then this would be about some event in the far future. Some time when their actions were more ordained. But it's about Syra. It's about the bride. Everyone knows about this event. Everyone knows who's going to be here. Everyone knows what the schedule is, the contests, the wedding, the joust...

"Good sir... something very bad is going to happen today."


Male Human (Varisian)

Ravens spits again and looks at Valeska.

"Don't look at me like that! I'm not going to hurt Syra! I'd die for her." Ravens eyes show a certainty about that.

Ravens turns again to his mess, the ale and bile from his stomach.

I should have eaten first. And I should have stayed in the stables.

"I'm sorry about the mess. I'll clean it up." Ravens casts Create Water on it, washing it away, trying to avoid wetting the tent...moreso.

Ravens turns from his sprays...as if just hearing and understanding the words of the seer.

"Did you mean that Syra is in mortal danger? Outside of the danger of marrying the oaf, Gregan? Real danger?" Ravens rises to look out of the tent.

"How could that be?" Ravens waves his arms at the crowds. "There are knights and nobility alike here...all would die to protect Syra...she is perfect."

To Ravens, she is perfect.

"What could harm her here?"


Female Half-Elf Witch 2 - HP: 16/16 - Init: +1 - Fort/Ref/Will: +2/+1/+4 - Perception: +7 - AC: 11, T: 11, FF: 10 - CMD: 12

Valeska shivers, fighting back tears of terror, hugging herself tightly.

"The blasted cards are silent on THAT."

She straightens herself. "Please, sir..."

"Ravens," Tzerny interjects.

"What?"

"Ravens, it's his name."

Valeska blinks in confusion as she continues, "Ravens, I have no idea what is going to go wrong, whether it's an attack, or a cruel twist of fate, or what. But what the cards tell me is that Syra will need you today. Please, I need to start looking for what the problem might be. Maybe we can work together. I don't think I'll be good for another reading today in any case." Valeska gathers her cards and parts the flaps at the back of the tent, away from the crowds. "Please, for the sake of everyone here, for Syra, we should go and see if we can learn more. Before it's too late."

As she steps outside, a gurgling caw, like the clearing of a throat can be heard. Tzerny hops onto the table, adding, "That will be one silver for your reading."


Male Human (Varisian)

Ravens stares at the bird, but nonetheless pulls out a silver coin and leaves it upon the table.

This was very odd. But since she is willing to help me, I do not doubt her sincerity.

"Uh, thank you...I think. I shall go find her now and keep an eye on her though it pains me. I hope you are wrong."

Ravens leaves the tent and goes looking for the wedding party and, in particular, Syra.

Can I have another drink as I watch her?

As Ravens leaves the tent and feels the sun, sees other people having fun, the dire words from the seer seem slightly less urgent, but he no longer feels like puking which is a welcome change.


Areanna:

No you are correct. Ser Bregan belongs in the expedition and you and everyone else are simply guests here at the wedding. You're doing fine and haven't missed anything. All things in time, my child. All things in time.

Brave, Brave Ser Bregan:

But of course. That is why I gave it to you. You either knew it from much earlier or you remembered it as her name was mentioned today.
The chapel is surprisingly empty. Everyone is out and about having a great time.

"Ah. Hello! Care to join me as I pray? Oh... business I see. Always business. Let's see child.. you and pretty-boy Lionel are pretty handy with swords. Me and Mishka handle spells.. say you aren't nervous about this are you?"

You see two of Peitros' guards come into the chapel. They seems to be looking at you two waiting to interject into your conversation. One clears his throat audibly.


Ser bregan only: please make a perception check
Bregan's perception dc10:

You hear the two guards whisper to one another. You cannot hear what they are saying.

Bregan's perception dc15:

"Just her?""She was supposed to be alone..."

Valeska/Raven:

BRAVO! BRAVO!

Vishoon (I haven't forgotten you, buddy!):

With a mighty swing, you knock the bell straight off the pole it was attached to. The bell flies off and lands with a loud thud in the grass.

"Well I'd be damned! That's gonna take tha rest o' the day to fix! you win! You win! Take this." He hands you a voucher. "Bring it to me with a request fer somethin' and I'll make the weapon or armor just tha way you need it." A crowd near you erupts into cheers. You really put on a great display. You recieve also a temporary +5 bonus to intimidate checks to anyone at the party for the next 24 hours.

The sounds of horns are heard, signifying the Joust will commence in one hour.


M Human Cavalier 1 (Gendarme)

At The Chapel:

Funny, she calls him pretty-boy, too. Perhaps Shelaina isn't half-bad...

"Pray? Not sure I'm any good at that."

Bregan had never prayed. Well, he tried once or twice, but every time it had fallen on deaf ears, so he hadn't seen the point to try again. He knew his mother prayed to Pharasma from time to time, to avoid an unwanted pregnancy, but that's about it.

I wonder if she prayed that I wouldn't be born? I never asked that...

"Nervous? More anxious than nervous. Not sure I'm looking forward to being out in the wild with men whose worth I don't know. Plus, I noticed Lionel had a hard time even hitting the wooden target earlier. We'd be better off with that arrogant elf."

An arrogant man for an arrogant elf - but at least the elf could shoot her bow straight.

As Peitros' guards enter, Bregan turns to look at them, and greets them (if you could call it that), with abruptness and brevity.

"What?"


Ser Bregan:

"Ser Bregan, err...you are requested at the jousting arena.. ehrmm at once." Mysterious DM dice rolling noises and outcomes...1d20 ⇒ 12 1d20 ⇒ 6

"It is very important that you go." He continues.

"Right now." The other guard says. Quite urgently.


M Human Cavalier 1 (Gendarme)

At The Chapel:

Bregan grumbles like an angry boar upon hearing the news.

I'll be damned if they are going to have me do something knight-like... ride about jousting like a fool.

"Fine."

He smiles politely at Shelaina and heads to where he is instructed.

Hopefully, some squire just needs advice on how to tie his shoes or properly hold a lance. But I don't think I'll be that lucky.


Male Human (Varisian)

Ravens begins looking for Syra, first around the food and drink tents (Ravens hasn't eaten all day and needs to keep something down) then goes to the chapel looking for her.

I'm unsure how hard she will be to find. Unless she's posing for a painting somewhere with her bridesmaids in tow.

If he doesn't find her before the hour passes, he will eat and drink and try to find a spot to watch her during the jousting, as assuredly she would be there.

I wonder if that oaf Ser Stonebucket will be competing. I will bet against him so seeing him on his ass and then on the ground will be so much better.

Ravens immediately regrets calling Luck, Bregan's horse, an ass. Luck, unlike Ser Bregan, is nice to talk to.


At the Chapel:

They open the door and let you out. One walks out with you but stands at the door and doesn't follow you. The door closes from the inside and you hear it lock. Moments before it shut, you hear Shelaina call out to the guard "What is this about?" and the sound of steel being unsheathed.

The guard positioned outside the door and he is looking at you with a "what are you doing? get out of here and get to the joust you damn princy noble goody-two-shoes" look.


Ravens:

You see Ser Bregan walk outside and the chapel door shut. There is one guard positioned outside the door.


Male Human (Varisian)

As Ravens sees Ser Bregan, he realizes immediately that he has pressing, important business elsewhere and spins on his heels to go the other direction. When Ravens thinks he is out of direct sight of Ser Bregan, he will run.

No way my sweet Syra would hang around that one.

Ravens will carefully circle back after a few minutes, keeping on the lookout for Bregan.

If he is gone, we will ask the guard (if it is an Aldori guard, Ravens might know him by name or sight) where Syra might be found.


M Human Cavalier 1 (Gendarme)

At The Chapel:

What's going on!?!

Bregan's not a fool.

The knight glared at the "guard" now standing by the door.

"Out of my way. She's coming with me."

Bregan's hand played about at the hilt of his bastard sword. It had been a while since he had drawn it from it's scabbard.

The guard has six seconds to get out of his way unless there are windows nearby which Bregan can look inside (and crash through?).


Ravens:

The guard, from what you can tell, is Aldori. He is no one you have met before, though.


Unsure when it happened, but the sky has become slightly more darker, gray, and cloudy. It's around 6 o'clock.

Ravens/Bregan Chapel:

You hear her scatter and footsteps.. and then utter silence. Unnatural silence as if there was no motion in the world at all occuring inside the chapel.There is a dark stained-glass window on either side. Each is about 4ft off the ground at 5ft tall. It appears you could easily break through if need be.

Meanwhile, the guard doesn't move.
"You weren't supposed to be here, bastard!" he snarls. He looks at you and where you're resting your sword arm.

Ravens, you see Bregan yell at the guard to get out of his way and you see the guard not moving.


Female Half-Elf Witch 2 - HP: 16/16 - Init: +1 - Fort/Ref/Will: +2/+1/+4 - Perception: +7 - AC: 11, T: 11, FF: 10 - CMD: 12

Valeska caresses her warding poultice as she wanders the periphery of the festival, worrying at the sky. Any other day, she would simply expect a rain... but thoughts of a mundane day are beyond her at this point.

"So, child, are you going to stand around, waiting for disaster, or are you going to do something about it?" Tzerny chided.

"But no one's going to believe that I've just foretold it! Or worse, they'll blame me!"

"Oh? You're learning, child. There's hope for you yet."

Valeska just expelled a breath in disgust, and started looking around. Where was that man lovesick over Syra?


Male Human (Varisian)

Ravens, already on the lookout for threats to Syra, will skulk closer to the two men, thankful that a convenient passing cloud blocks out the sunlight and makes him harder to see.

1d20 + 4 ⇒ (10) + 4 = 14 Stealth

I do not trust either of those two...I recognize most of the usual Aldori guards and he isn't usual...and the jerk is the jerk. Maybe I'll see him get his just reward.

1d20 + 8 ⇒ (20) + 8 = 28 Perception


Ravens:

That's a pretty good perception check. :) The lone guard is definitely one you have never seen before. When Ser Jerk of House Jerkington touched the hilt of his sword, you saw the guard jerk slightly and saw a starred-tattoo on his arm. It is that popular symbol of luck people of unsavory character or gamblers like to get. He doesn't see you.

It seems mostly everyone hasn't seemed to notice the commotion going on in the front of the chapel.. most likely because they are too drunk, looking forward to the joust, or talking.


Male Human (Varisian)

Ser Bregan seems pretty unsavory...I wonder if has a similar tattoo.

Ravens will sneak closer.

1d20 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 4 = 10

Getting closer, he will try to sense what is going on, after all, the guard might need help...but why is the chapel even being guarded anyways?

Syra? She doesn't need guards, she's perfect.

1d20 + 8 ⇒ (6) + 8 = 14 Sense Motive

51 to 100 of 645 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / DM Olondir presents "It's Always Sunny in the Stolen Lands" - Chapter 1 All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.