DM Nex's Dragon's Demand

Game Master NeoEvaX

Game Website


1,901 to 1,940 of 1,940 << first < prev | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | next > last >>

14/15 Rage | Status: +1d6 Damage vs Evil 10/10 | 3 Barbarian / 1 Warpriest | 45/49 HP | 18 AC | 12 Touch | 16 Flat | +2 INIT| +7 Pre | CMB +5 | CMD 17 | +8 Fort | +3 Ref | +3 Will | +7 Big Brother 2d6+3 x3 | +6 MW CI Gladius 1d6+2 | | | | | | | | Raging Stats: +0/8 HP | 16 AC | 10 Touch | 14 Flat | CMB +7 | CMD 15 | +8 Fort | +3 Ref | +5 Will | +9 Big Brother 2d6+5 x3 | +8 MW CI Cladius 1d6+4 |

Intimidate: 1d20 + 10 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 10 + 4 = 17 Cheese and Crackers! These rolls.

When the bear comes up for bid she gives it a moment, looking around with an angry look at the others in attendance. She nods and stands so everyone can see big brother before saying/ "I will take that for 180gp, right folks?" She looks around, meeting the eyes of any who will meet her's.


Website with game info

--Stuffed Grizzly--
For a moment you see Swerlo Grayhands almost make a move, but looks over the the very frightening Bethany and does not move.

"And it looks like no one else wants the bear.. It goes to the woman with the big hammer for only 180gp!"

--Potions--
Anyone interested can start with the Potions


14/15 Rage | Status: +1d6 Damage vs Evil 10/10 | 3 Barbarian / 1 Warpriest | 45/49 HP | 18 AC | 12 Touch | 16 Flat | +2 INIT| +7 Pre | CMB +5 | CMD 17 | +8 Fort | +3 Ref | +3 Will | +7 Big Brother 2d6+3 x3 | +6 MW CI Gladius 1d6+2 | | | | | | | | Raging Stats: +0/8 HP | 16 AC | 10 Touch | 14 Flat | CMB +7 | CMD 15 | +8 Fort | +3 Ref | +5 Will | +9 Big Brother 2d6+5 x3 | +8 MW CI Cladius 1d6+4 |

Bethany gives a little woop noise before sitting back down happy wiht her not very practical purchase.


Male LG Dwarven Cleric 4 | HP: 37/37 | AC: 18\22 (12\16 TAC, 16\16 FAC) | CMB: +5, CMD: 17\21 | F: +7\9, R: +3\5, W: +7\9 | Init: +2 | Perc: +7\9, SM: +3 | Speed 30ft | Channel Energy(su) 4/4 * Agile Feet(su) 6/6 * Calming Touch(sp) 6/6 | Spells | Active conditions: Shield Other (Beth), Light, Longstrider

As the auctioneer begins talking about the lot of potions, Grilnik leans over towards Brynn
"I'll split the potions with ya if you think we can get 'em for 660."


Male LG Dwarven Cleric 4 | HP: 37/37 | AC: 18\22 (12\16 TAC, 16\16 FAC) | CMB: +5, CMD: 17\21 | F: +7\9, R: +3\5, W: +7\9 | Init: +2 | Perc: +7\9, SM: +3 | Speed 30ft | Channel Energy(su) 4/4 * Agile Feet(su) 6/6 * Calming Touch(sp) 6/6 | Spells | Active conditions: Shield Other (Beth), Light, Longstrider

Well, here goes the BaB, I hope it's enough like the real Brynn xD

---- Brynn Auction Bot ----
"Alright, I suppose I can grant you that favor." Brynn replies.

As the auctioneer finishes introducing the items, Brynn gets ready to go first.
"You're asking a lot for that lot, but I guess I can spare the 660!"
Bluff: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (16) + 6 = 22


Website with game info

The small Gnome in the back, Bassy, is about to speak up, but notices that the new adventurers seem interested in the potions. She retracts her hand, not bidding.

"Oh goodness, and the potions go to the woman in the front row!"

You win potions for 660gp

--Scrolls--
"Now these collection of magical scrolls! Starting bid of 255gp! Looking for a starting bid!"

Brynn can jump in if she wants. Lets give it 24 hours before we bot her again. Since there is no major rush.


| HP: 19/19 | AC 18* (T13, FF 15*) | CMB: +3 CMD: 16 | F:+5 R:+5 W:+5 | Init +3 | Perc +4, SM +0, Bluff +6, Diplomacy +7 | Speed 30 ft. | Spells: 2nd: 2/2, 1st: 3/4 | Arcane Pool: 3/4 | Active Conditions: Shield (4 min)

Brynn looks at the scrolls, but lets them pass her by. None are on my spell list. Haha.

Deducting 165 from my gold for the potions. (330 from the noblewoman and 330 split between Grilnik and I, makes 165 from me.) Which of the potions/vials do you want to hang onto, Grilnik? We could do a keen edge and a protection one each. I've no preference who hangs onto the undetectable alignment potion. Brynn makes the most sense, I guess, but taking it also makes her a little suspicious, so she might avoid it, actually. Haha. I'm fine either way.


Male LG Dwarven Cleric 4 | HP: 37/37 | AC: 18\22 (12\16 TAC, 16\16 FAC) | CMB: +5, CMD: 17\21 | F: +7\9, R: +3\5, W: +7\9 | Init: +2 | Perc: +7\9, SM: +3 | Speed 30ft | Channel Energy(su) 4/4 * Agile Feet(su) 6/6 * Calming Touch(sp) 6/6 | Spells | Active conditions: Shield Other (Beth), Light, Longstrider

all the OOC:
Brynn already doesn't detect as any of good/evil/chaotic/lawful, so she wouldn't steal it :P
(read: "I agree")
Grilnik is mostly interested in the two protection potions. He's hoping to save himself some healing work and/or save his beard from fire and acid hazards xD
And he can't even use the two keen edge oils for his hammer xD
I bet Brynn would like them for her arrows, though :D

In related news, Grilnik is running out of those nice low-weight 100gp amethysts that make it easier for him to dwarf around all of his money xD

As the auctioneer announces the scroll lot, Grilnik elbows the inactive Brynn. "You're a wizard, aren't you? Isn't that a good price for scrolls?"


| HP: 19/19 | AC 18* (T13, FF 15*) | CMB: +3 CMD: 16 | F:+5 R:+5 W:+5 | Init +3 | Perc +4, SM +0, Bluff +6, Diplomacy +7 | Speed 30 ft. | Spells: 2nd: 2/2, 1st: 3/4 | Arcane Pool: 3/4 | Active Conditions: Shield (4 min)

Cool. You can take the the two protection ones and Brynn will take the other three.

Brynn leans over to Grilnik. "Only if you can use them." she replies with a sheepish smile. "Those are a bit outside my reach, I'm afraid."


Male LG Dwarven Cleric 4 | HP: 37/37 | AC: 18\22 (12\16 TAC, 16\16 FAC) | CMB: +5, CMD: 17\21 | F: +7\9, R: +3\5, W: +7\9 | Init: +2 | Perc: +7\9, SM: +3 | Speed 30ft | Channel Energy(su) 4/4 * Agile Feet(su) 6/6 * Calming Touch(sp) 6/6 | Spells | Active conditions: Shield Other (Beth), Light, Longstrider

Grilnik replies with a grunt, then starts stroking his beard thoughtfully.

I guess there are more kinds of wizard than I thought...
Now that I think about it, I don't remember the last wizard I saw with a bow before Brynn...


Website with game info

--Jumping back in--
At this point Clausrye stands up dramatically and loudy yells, "Very well! I must delivery this bad news to my employer immediately. I bid you all good day!" Then storms out of the amphitheater.

After a pause, Bassy says, "I suspect he didn't mean that last part" Which causes a bit of laughter in the group.

Perceptions:

Vors: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (16) + 7 = 23
Grilnik: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (17) + 7 = 24
Brynn: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (13) + 4 = 17
Bethany: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (12) + 7 = 19

As the less exciting part of the auction starts, the paperwork! A few servants light a few lanterns throughout the amphitheater since it is getting rather dark.

As things slow down a bit, Vors and Grilnik notice a dark shape flying in the skies above.

A few moments later 4 strange batlike humanoid creatures land on the stage.

People all of the room start to panic, since it is a full theatre.

roll20 has been updated. I didn't want to put in a full group of townsfolk, but just assume its pretty full of people. There is some time between Vors and Grilnik seeing something, for people to prepare.

Inits:

Vors: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (8) + 3 = 11
Grilnik: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (18) + 2 = 20
Bethany: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (18) + 2 = 20
Brynn: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (5) + 3 = 8
Creatures: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 4 = 10

Round 1
Grilnik, Bethany, Vors <-- Go for it
G1, G2, G3, G4
Brynn

Knowledge for these is Nature... technically


Male Half-orc | HP: 24/24/ | AC: 16 (13 Tch, 13 Fl) | CMB: +3, CMD: 16 | F: +5, R: +7, W: +5 | Init: +3 | Perc: +7, SM: +7 Rogue (unchained)/2nd Cleric of Cayden Cailean/2nd| Speed 30ft (30ft) | Active conditions: None.

Bored, Vors begins to looks around the amphitheater. That's when the half-orc sees the dark flying shapes. "Wha?" The caydenite said to himself.
The room begins to panic around him as the four bat-like creatures take the stage. Vors quickly draws his rapier and casts bless on himself and the other three.
"Well, this night has gone to s#|+!"


14/15 Rage | Status: +1d6 Damage vs Evil 10/10 | 3 Barbarian / 1 Warpriest | 45/49 HP | 18 AC | 12 Touch | 16 Flat | +2 INIT| +7 Pre | CMB +5 | CMD 17 | +8 Fort | +3 Ref | +3 Will | +7 Big Brother 2d6+3 x3 | +6 MW CI Gladius 1d6+2 | | | | | | | | Raging Stats: +0/8 HP | 16 AC | 10 Touch | 14 Flat | CMB +7 | CMD 15 | +8 Fort | +3 Ref | +5 Will | +9 Big Brother 2d6+5 x3 | +8 MW CI Cladius 1d6+4 |

Acrobatics: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (20) + 4 = 24

Staring at her new bear Bethany gives a little yelp when the bat creatures show up. Regaining herself she charges forward, junping onto the stage, flipping and sticking the landing. A grin spreads on her face and her pupils dilate as the hammer goes up.

Raging Big Brother: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (14) + 9 = 23
Damage: 2d6 + 5 ⇒ (2, 3) + 5 = 10

"Don't touch my every loving bear you little spits!"


Male LG Dwarven Cleric 4 | HP: 37/37 | AC: 18\22 (12\16 TAC, 16\16 FAC) | CMB: +5, CMD: 17\21 | F: +7\9, R: +3\5, W: +7\9 | Init: +2 | Perc: +7\9, SM: +3 | Speed 30ft | Channel Energy(su) 4/4 * Agile Feet(su) 6/6 * Calming Touch(sp) 6/6 | Spells | Active conditions: Shield Other (Beth), Light, Longstrider

So, are they individually bat-man or man-bat? :P

As the shapes circle above, Grilnik starts to look worried. "What's that...?"

As the bat-men land, Grilnik realizes what they are: party crashers.
By the split ends of Kurgess's beard...

Both Grilnik's and Bethany's platinum rings briefly glow red after Grilnik gets out of his seat to cast "Shield Other!"


| HP: 19/19 | AC 18* (T13, FF 15*) | CMB: +3 CMD: 16 | F:+5 R:+5 W:+5 | Init +3 | Perc +4, SM +0, Bluff +6, Diplomacy +7 | Speed 30 ft. | Spells: 2nd: 2/2, 1st: 3/4 | Arcane Pool: 3/4 | Active Conditions: Shield (4 min)
DM Nex wrote:
There is some time between Vors and Grilnik seeing something, for people to prepare.

Brynn's pre-battle prep:

From her seat, Brynn lets out a little sigh.

How unfortunate.

She uncrosses her legs, smooths out her skirt, and stands. Then she draws her bow.


Website with game info

Bethany runs forward and jumps onto the stage with some impressive grace. And cracks the creature in the head. It seems to reel, but is still holding on.

The creature to stage right G1 Lets out a wave of energy directed at Vors, seeing him cast the spell.

Vors Will save: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (8) + 5 = 13 Saves

The creature Bethany hit has a strange crystal like blade, almost made out of glass. But it seems to be screaming as it whips in the air at her. But she slides out of the way. The creature then goes in to bite her! Also missing.

G2 Bethany: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6
G2 Bite: 1d20 - 3 ⇒ (12) - 3 = 9

G3 runs forward and continues the attack.
G3 Bethany: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (15) + 3 = 18 Hit
Damage: 1d4 + 1 + 1d4 ⇒ (1) + 1 + (3) = 5 2 Slashing and 3 non lethal damage

The last creature rounds the podium and strikes as well.
G3 Bethany: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (19) + 3 = 22 Hit
Confirm: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (19) + 3 = 22 Confirm
Crit damage: 2d4 + 2 + 2d4 ⇒ (4, 4) + 2 + (4, 3) = 17 10 slashing and 7 non leathal

Round 2
Brynn, Grilnik, Bethany, Vors <-- Go for it
G1, G2, G3, G4


Male LG Dwarven Cleric 4 | HP: 37/37 | AC: 18\22 (12\16 TAC, 16\16 FAC) | CMB: +5, CMD: 17\21 | F: +7\9, R: +3\5, W: +7\9 | Init: +2 | Perc: +7\9, SM: +3 | Speed 30ft | Channel Energy(su) 4/4 * Agile Feet(su) 6/6 * Calming Touch(sp) 6/6 | Spells | Active conditions: Shield Other (Beth), Light, Longstrider

OOC, especially damage splitting:
aw, with Shield Other and no-rage that 18 woulda whiffed xD

I take it that due to the damage splitting from Shield Other:
From hit#1 she gets 2 NonLethal(NL) and 1 Lethal(L) and Grilnik takes one of each
and
From hit#2 she gets 4NL and 5L and grilnik gets 3NL + 5L
Totals:
B: 6NL + 6L lol, she still has 2 temp hp
G: 4NL + 6L
...did I remember how to do it right? :D

Also, I moved 5'/one square to the right assuming that the stage isn't tall enough for me to need to stand next to it to hit with my reach weapon
If Beth needed all of that 24 to jump 6' up onto the stage or something else tall enough, then go ahead and move Grilnik up one square xD
srsly tho, such a Mario jump. xD
zomghax xD

Of course it's an attack, I should've readied a javelin or two...
Grilnik draws his Longhammer.

"If you don't choose the front door, you choose the hammer!"
He swings from left to right at G2 the bat-man standing nearest to the edge of the stage.

Attack(G2): 1d20 + 6 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 6 + 1 = 9 THx for Bless, Vors, I get the feeling I whiffed though...
Damage?: 2d6 + 3 ⇒ (1, 5) + 3 = 9


14/15 Rage | Status: +1d6 Damage vs Evil 10/10 | 3 Barbarian / 1 Warpriest | 45/49 HP | 18 AC | 12 Touch | 16 Flat | +2 INIT| +7 Pre | CMB +5 | CMD 17 | +8 Fort | +3 Ref | +3 Will | +7 Big Brother 2d6+3 x3 | +6 MW CI Gladius 1d6+2 | | | | | | | | Raging Stats: +0/8 HP | 16 AC | 10 Touch | 14 Flat | CMB +7 | CMD 15 | +8 Fort | +3 Ref | +5 Will | +9 Big Brother 2d6+5 x3 | +8 MW CI Cladius 1d6+4 |

Sounds right Grilnik.

Nex-verse is not loading.

Bethany swings around her hammer, smiling at the damage, and tries to smash the same creature in the head.

"Should have fallen down the first time."

Raging Hammer: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (5) + 9 = 14
Damage: 2d6 + 5 ⇒ (1, 2) + 5 = 8


| HP: 19/19 | AC 18* (T13, FF 15*) | CMB: +3 CMD: 16 | F:+5 R:+5 W:+5 | Init +3 | Perc +4, SM +0, Bluff +6, Diplomacy +7 | Speed 30 ft. | Spells: 2nd: 2/2, 1st: 3/4 | Arcane Pool: 3/4 | Active Conditions: Shield (4 min)

Brynn transfers some of her magical powers into her bow (spending a pool point and a swift action to make her bow +1) then takes aim at the creature in front of her (G1). She fires an arrow at its head and quickly raises a protective ward around herself. (Spell combat. Firing an arrow and casting shield on herself.)

Ranged Attack: 1d20 + 8 + 1 + 1 - 2 ⇒ (13) + 8 + 1 + 1 - 2 = 21
Magic Piercing Damage: 1d8 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 + 1 = 3

EDIT: Sorry, forgot to roll to see what they are:
Knowledge Arcana: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (11) + 9 = 20
Knowledge Planes: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (20) + 7 = 27


Male Half-orc | HP: 24/24/ | AC: 16 (13 Tch, 13 Fl) | CMB: +3, CMD: 16 | F: +5, R: +7, W: +5 | Init: +3 | Perc: +7, SM: +7 Rogue (unchained)/2nd Cleric of Cayden Cailean/2nd| Speed 30ft (30ft) | Active conditions: None.

Don't forget guys! You're all under a bless spell!
Acrobatics: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (7) + 9 = 16
Vors surges forward, jumping up to the stage to engage the single bat-creature.
Rapier (with bless): 1d20 + 6 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 6 + 1 = 8 F#<k!


Website with game info
Bethany Carpenter wrote:
Nex-verse is not loading.

Yeah, Doing some major server fixing last few days. Its up and running again. Hopefully without issue.

I would say the stage is about 4 feet. In real life I used to dead jump up to my stage in High School.. I was in pretty good shape. Not sure a dwarf can do that, without a great roll. So it would take a standard action to kinda climb up I Think. Vors was fine with a 16 though. So its possible.

Bethany crashes down again on the one she attacked before, crushing it to the floor. Vors and Grilnik's attacks miss the creatures who sidestep.

Brynn's arrow strikes true.

One of them attacks Vors, who has jumped into its face.
Weapon: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (18) + 3 = 21
Confirm: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (6) + 3 = 9
Bite: 1d20 - 3 ⇒ (18) - 3 = 15

Damage: 1d4 + 1 + 1d4 ⇒ (1) + 1 + (4) = 6 2 damage and 4 non leathal
The blade slices into Vor's shoulder. As the blade touches skin, it seems to scream into his mind. The strange glass that forms the blade must be doing something strange.

The remaining 2 attack Bethany.
G3 Weapon: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5
G3 Bite: 1d20 - 3 ⇒ (1) - 3 = -2

G4 Weapon: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (12) + 3 = 15
G4 Bite: 1d20 - 3 ⇒ (15) - 3 = 12

All of which miss terribly.
Round 2
Brynn, Grilnik, Bethany, Vors <-- Go for it
G1, G2, G3, G4

Thank you for managing the Shield other. Would be tricky to keep that in my mind. I trust your math is good on that and you are keeping your HPs correct


Male LG Dwarven Cleric 4 | HP: 37/37 | AC: 18\22 (12\16 TAC, 16\16 FAC) | CMB: +5, CMD: 17\21 | F: +7\9, R: +3\5, W: +7\9 | Init: +2 | Perc: +7\9, SM: +3 | Speed 30ft | Channel Energy(su) 4/4 * Agile Feet(su) 6/6 * Calming Touch(sp) 6/6 | Spells | Active conditions: Shield Other (Beth), Light, Longstrider

All I know is that Beth takes half damage and full not-damage xD
Also 4' huh? I'd only need an 18 xD

Grilnik starts circling around the stage while pulling a javelin out; he tosses it at G3 the closest bat-man still standing.

Attack(G3): 1d20 + 5 + 1 - 4 ⇒ (12) + 5 + 1 - 4 = 14
Damage?: 1d6 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6


Male Half-orc | HP: 24/24/ | AC: 16 (13 Tch, 13 Fl) | CMB: +3, CMD: 16 | F: +5, R: +7, W: +5 | Init: +3 | Perc: +7, SM: +7 Rogue (unchained)/2nd Cleric of Cayden Cailean/2nd| Speed 30ft (30ft) | Active conditions: None.

Vors grimaces momentarily as th bat-thing's knife sinks into his skin. It felt like nails over a chalkboard, in his soul! Shaking off the effects, the half-orc powers through to continue his attack.
Rapier (with bless): 1d20 + 6 + 1 ⇒ (10) + 6 + 1 = 17
Dmg.: 1d6 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 + 1 = 6


14/15 Rage | Status: +1d6 Damage vs Evil 10/10 | 3 Barbarian / 1 Warpriest | 45/49 HP | 18 AC | 12 Touch | 16 Flat | +2 INIT| +7 Pre | CMB +5 | CMD 17 | +8 Fort | +3 Ref | +3 Will | +7 Big Brother 2d6+3 x3 | +6 MW CI Gladius 1d6+2 | | | | | | | | Raging Stats: +0/8 HP | 16 AC | 10 Touch | 14 Flat | CMB +7 | CMD 15 | +8 Fort | +3 Ref | +5 Will | +9 Big Brother 2d6+5 x3 | +8 MW CI Cladius 1d6+4 |

Bethany wiggles out of the way of several attacks before bring her hammer in an upward arch at the one she already hit.

Raging Hammer: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (6) + 9 = 15
Damage: 2d6 + 5 ⇒ (4, 2) + 5 = 11

"Hold still so I can hit ya!"

Boy shield others is a great spell.


Male LG Dwarven Cleric 4 | HP: 37/37 | AC: 18\22 (12\16 TAC, 16\16 FAC) | CMB: +5, CMD: 17\21 | F: +7\9, R: +3\5, W: +7\9 | Init: +2 | Perc: +7\9, SM: +3 | Speed 30ft | Channel Energy(su) 4/4 * Agile Feet(su) 6/6 * Calming Touch(sp) 6/6 | Spells | Active conditions: Shield Other (Beth), Light, Longstrider

It helps that Bethany is so attractive :P


2 people marked this as a favorite.
Male Half-orc | HP: 24/24/ | AC: 16 (13 Tch, 13 Fl) | CMB: +3, CMD: 16 | F: +5, R: +7, W: +5 | Init: +3 | Perc: +7, SM: +7 Rogue (unchained)/2nd Cleric of Cayden Cailean/2nd| Speed 30ft (30ft) | Active conditions: None.

Allow the Grilthany ship to begin!


14/15 Rage | Status: +1d6 Damage vs Evil 10/10 | 3 Barbarian / 1 Warpriest | 45/49 HP | 18 AC | 12 Touch | 16 Flat | +2 INIT| +7 Pre | CMB +5 | CMD 17 | +8 Fort | +3 Ref | +3 Will | +7 Big Brother 2d6+3 x3 | +6 MW CI Gladius 1d6+2 | | | | | | | | Raging Stats: +0/8 HP | 16 AC | 10 Touch | 14 Flat | CMB +7 | CMD 15 | +8 Fort | +3 Ref | +5 Will | +9 Big Brother 2d6+5 x3 | +8 MW CI Cladius 1d6+4 |

A comma would have helped that sentence I guess.


| HP: 19/19 | AC 18* (T13, FF 15*) | CMB: +3 CMD: 16 | F:+5 R:+5 W:+5 | Init +3 | Perc +4, SM +0, Bluff +6, Diplomacy +7 | Speed 30 ft. | Spells: 2nd: 2/2, 1st: 3/4 | Arcane Pool: 3/4 | Active Conditions: Shield (4 min)

What are they?
Knowledge (planes?): 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (11) + 7 = 18

---

Brynn takes a quick step to the side and fires a pair of arrows at one of the creatures attacking Bethany (five foot step, attacking G4). The although the second arrow is normal, the first sizzles with acid as it flies! (Ranged spell combat, using acid splash and a regular arrow. Delivering acid splash with another arrow through ranged spellstrike).

Ranged Attack 1 (acid splash and arrow): 1d20 + 8 + 1 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (18) + 8 + 1 + 1 + 1 = 29
Acid Damage: 1d3 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4
Magic Piercing Damage: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5

Ranged Attack 2 (arrow): 1d20 + 8 + 1 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 8 + 1 + 1 + 1 = 16
Magic Piercing Damage: 1d8 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 1 + 1 = 7

(Rolls above include the bonuses from bless, her +1 magic bow, and point-blank shot).


Male LG Dwarven Cleric 4 | HP: 37/37 | AC: 18\22 (12\16 TAC, 16\16 FAC) | CMB: +5, CMD: 17\21 | F: +7\9, R: +3\5, W: +7\9 | Init: +2 | Perc: +7\9, SM: +3 | Speed 30ft | Channel Energy(su) 4/4 * Agile Feet(su) 6/6 * Calming Touch(sp) 6/6 | Spells | Active conditions: Shield Other (Beth), Light, Longstrider
DM Nex wrote:
Knowledge for these is Nature... technically

Grilnik is still untrained in Know(Nature), so he can't even guess unless it's DC 10 or less xD


Website with game info

Grilnik's Javelin hits his target's back, just as Bethany crashes down onto it, dropping it to the floor.

Vors stabs forward, seemingly puncturing a lung of the creature in front of it, if it even has a lung. It stands up still, ready to strike.

Brynn's magical arrow strikes the remaining creature in the face, dropping it.

Brynn's knowledge:

These are called Grioths. They are known to inhabit rogue planets with no suns. Out in the dark black.

They are immune to cold damage, and they carry strange voidglass. Which has special properties.

The creature in front of vors strikes out again.
Weapon: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (7) + 3 = 10
Then bites down onto Vors
Bite: 1d20 - 3 ⇒ (8) - 3 = 5

Both strikes are nimbly dodged by Vors. Only one remains, but it seems insistent on continuing the fight.

Round 2
Brynn, Grilnik, Bethany, Vors <-- Go for it
G1


| HP: 19/19 | AC 18* (T13, FF 15*) | CMB: +3 CMD: 16 | F:+5 R:+5 W:+5 | Init +3 | Perc +4, SM +0, Bluff +6, Diplomacy +7 | Speed 30 ft. | Spells: 2nd: 2/2, 1st: 3/4 | Arcane Pool: 3/4 | Active Conditions: Shield (4 min)

Brynn takes another graceful step to the side and takes aim at the grioth fighting Vors. She fires an arrows sizzling with acid at the beast, then another normal arrow. (Five foot step, attacking G1.Ranged spell combat, using acid splash and a regular arrow. Delivering acid splash with another arrow through ranged spellstrike).

Ranged Attack 1: 1d20 + 8 + 1 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 8 + 1 + 1 + 1 = 14
Acid Damage: 1d3 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2
Magic Piercing Damage: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4

Ranged Attack 2: 1d20 + 8 + 1 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (20) + 8 + 1 + 1 + 1 = 31
Magic Piercing Damage: 1d8 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 + 1 = 6

(Rolls above include the bonuses from bless, her +1 magic bow, and point-blank shot).

Comfirming a Critical: Ranged Attack 2: 1d20 + 8 + 1 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 8 + 1 + 1 + 1 = 15
Extra Magic Piercing Damage: 2d8 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (1, 1) + 2 + 2 = 6


Website with game info

Brynn's last arrow strikes out and burns through the creature's face, killing it.

As the sounds of battle dies down.. Luckily very few civilians where hurt, since you attacked these creatures so quickly.

These creatures seem to be carrying strange blades. For now you know them as well made Kukris.

4x Masterwork Strange glass Kukris.

Knowledge Nature/Arcana DC 15:

The glass is Voidglass. A material as hard as steel, but made of crystals from unknown source. Voidglass resonates with a creature's mind, bolstering through and mental defenses. If made into armor +1 resistance bonus to all saving throws against mind-affecting magic. (+2 for medium, +3 for heavy armor). Any weapon made out of voidglass (slashing or piercing) does 1 additional damage.

Also adds value to the weapon

As people continue to run out Acolytes of Abadar run out and approach you, "Do any of you need healing?"

They heal you up to full for free

You have about 3 minutes before more happens. So RP as you wish


Male Half-orc | HP: 24/24/ | AC: 16 (13 Tch, 13 Fl) | CMB: +3, CMD: 16 | F: +5, R: +7, W: +5 | Init: +3 | Perc: +7, SM: +7 Rogue (unchained)/2nd Cleric of Cayden Cailean/2nd| Speed 30ft (30ft) | Active conditions: None.
DM Nex wrote:
Brynn's last arrow strikes out and burns through the creature's face, killing it.

As the bat-creature slumps to the ground, Vors give Brynn a 'thumbs-up' and says, "Nice one" to the magus.

Knowledge (arcana): 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (19) + 2 = 21
Picking up one of the kukris, the caydenite examines the blade.
"Wow! Voidglass! Hard as steel!
The roguish cleric passes one to each of the party, keeping one for himself.
DM Nex wrote:
As people continue to run out Acolytes of Abadar run out and approach you, "Do any of you need healing?"

"I'll take some", Vors chimed, as he examined his shoulder.


Male LG Dwarven Cleric 4 | HP: 37/37 | AC: 18\22 (12\16 TAC, 16\16 FAC) | CMB: +5, CMD: 17\21 | F: +7\9, R: +3\5, W: +7\9 | Init: +2 | Perc: +7\9, SM: +3 | Speed 30ft | Channel Energy(su) 4/4 * Agile Feet(su) 6/6 * Calming Touch(sp) 6/6 | Spells | Active conditions: Shield Other (Beth), Light, Longstrider

But Vors's bless only lasts 2 minutes xD
...I'm glad Grilnik is packing two blesses xD

Seeing the last bat-man fall, Grilnik casts Longstrider as he makes his way onto the stage.
Picking up up his javelin and returning it to his pack, he looks over their fallen foes.
"I've never seen anything like these guys, and I've traveled a ways in my time..."

He casts Light on his Longhammer as the Abadarian clerics tend to the groups' wounds. Grilnik holds his hammer up high to get a better look at the corpses.
"Anyone have a clue what these are or why they're here?"


| HP: 19/19 | AC 18* (T13, FF 15*) | CMB: +3 CMD: 16 | F:+5 R:+5 W:+5 | Init +3 | Perc +4, SM +0, Bluff +6, Diplomacy +7 | Speed 30 ft. | Spells: 2nd: 2/2, 1st: 3/4 | Arcane Pool: 3/4 | Active Conditions: Shield (4 min)

Despite being unable to properly wield the strange kukri, Brynn accepts it with a smile. "Why, thank you." She examines it with interest. "How fascinating."

She sheathes the kukri, stows her bow and stands over the bodies.

"These are called Grioths. They are known to inhabit rogue planets with no suns out in the dark black of space. They are immune to cold damage, and they carry strange voidglass, which has special properties." She taps a finger to her chin. "As to what they're doing here.. I haven't the faintest."


Male Half-orc | HP: 24/24/ | AC: 16 (13 Tch, 13 Fl) | CMB: +3, CMD: 16 | F: +5, R: +7, W: +5 | Init: +3 | Perc: +7, SM: +7 Rogue (unchained)/2nd Cleric of Cayden Cailean/2nd| Speed 30ft (30ft) | Active conditions: None.
Bullseye Brynn wrote:
"These are called Grioths. They are known to inhabit rogue planets with no suns out in the dark black of space. They are immune to cold damage, and they carry strange voidglass, which has special properties." She taps a finger to her chin. "As to what they're doing here.. I haven't the faintest."

Vors stands dumbfounded. "How in the Nine Hells did you know any of that??!" The half-orc exclaimed.


14/15 Rage | Status: +1d6 Damage vs Evil 10/10 | 3 Barbarian / 1 Warpriest | 45/49 HP | 18 AC | 12 Touch | 16 Flat | +2 INIT| +7 Pre | CMB +5 | CMD 17 | +8 Fort | +3 Ref | +3 Will | +7 Big Brother 2d6+3 x3 | +6 MW CI Gladius 1d6+2 | | | | | | | | Raging Stats: +0/8 HP | 16 AC | 10 Touch | 14 Flat | CMB +7 | CMD 15 | +8 Fort | +3 Ref | +5 Will | +9 Big Brother 2d6+5 x3 | +8 MW CI Cladius 1d6+4 |

During the discussion Bethany catchers her breath, leaning on Big Brother as the effects of her rage wear off. When the kukri is handed to her she takes it with an odd look.

"Fancy knife. What is voidglass?" I read the spoiler no worries. "Well that is nifty. I doubt they were here for the bear. Maybe the guy in the fancy hat? I don't think he like us."

When Brynn gives the the info on what the attackers were she mumbles, well of course.


Male LG Dwarven Cleric 4 | HP: 37/37 | AC: 18\22 (12\16 TAC, 16\16 FAC) | CMB: +5, CMD: 17\21 | F: +7\9, R: +3\5, W: +7\9 | Init: +2 | Perc: +7\9, SM: +3 | Speed 30ft | Channel Energy(su) 4/4 * Agile Feet(su) 6/6 * Calming Touch(sp) 6/6 | Spells | Active conditions: Shield Other (Beth), Light, Longstrider

How do I even hold this thing...?
Grilnik takes a few clumsy swings with the masterwork voidglass kukri before shaking his head and putting it away.

Much quieter than Vors, Grilnik gives Brynn a quizzical look at her remarkably specific knowledge of deep space.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
| HP: 19/19 | AC 18* (T13, FF 15*) | CMB: +3 CMD: 16 | F:+5 R:+5 W:+5 | Init +3 | Perc +4, SM +0, Bluff +6, Diplomacy +7 | Speed 30 ft. | Spells: 2nd: 2/2, 1st: 3/4 | Arcane Pool: 3/4 | Active Conditions: Shield (4 min)

"Now, now, boys," Brynn replies with a smile. "No need to look shocked. I'm not just a pretty face."

It's called reading. You should try it sometime. Boors.


Male LG Dwarven Cleric 4 | HP: 37/37 | AC: 18\22 (12\16 TAC, 16\16 FAC) | CMB: +5, CMD: 17\21 | F: +7\9, R: +3\5, W: +7\9 | Init: +2 | Perc: +7\9, SM: +3 | Speed 30ft | Channel Energy(su) 4/4 * Agile Feet(su) 6/6 * Calming Touch(sp) 6/6 | Spells | Active conditions: Shield Other (Beth), Light, Longstrider

"Just don't end up doing strange things like Hunclay..." Grilnik shrugs.
He then gets the attention of one of the acolytes by showing off some bruises that appeared when Bethany was injured.
"Thanks." he says after they cast their spell(s). probably a single CLW for 6 hp damage, lol

1,901 to 1,940 of 1,940 << first < prev | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / DM Nex's Dragon's Demand All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.