DM Fang Dragon's Strange Aeons

Game Master FangDragon

Iä! Iä! Pathfinder fhtagn!

That is not dead which can eternal lie,
And with strange aeons even death may die.

Inspiration: Filbert 1, Heinrich 1, Lizzie 1, Momijii 0, Zarine 1, Zandomir 0
Dramatis Personae | Dream sequences | Party Summary | Loot Log |
Voyage to Cassomir Day 47


5,401 to 5,450 of 5,481 << first < prev | 100 | 101 | 102 | 103 | 104 | 105 | 106 | 107 | 108 | 109 | 110 | next > last >>

Female CG Human Daredevil / Flame Dancer Bard 7 | HP 38/41 [-4 STR] | CMB +5 / CMD +19 (+20 vs Steal and Trip) | AC 19 / T 15 / FF 14 | Fort +2 / Ref +10 / Will +4 | Initiative +4 | Bardic Performances 16/19 | Perception +11 | Active Effects: +4 vs fear (constant) ||| Dreamlands Items and Negative Effects:

Perception: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (6) + 11 = 17

Zarine takes a step back, again trying to find some place to aim.

If she finds something her unused attack is still there from last round. If she doesn't, no action.


Gnome Hp 71/71 AC 22, T 11, FF 22, F+11, Ref +7, Will +9
Specials:
+11 if vs despair. +13 if vs fear.
. Speed 20ft, Perc +1, Init +2, low light vision, speed 20 feet.

GM, with no visible enemies in sight, total defense was Lizzie's only viable option to stick with. The 2nd attack wouldn't have struck.


Half-elf Warpriest 7 | HP 40/52 | AC 20, T 14, FF 16 | CMD 21 | F +7, R +7, W +11* | Init +4 | Perc +16
Resources:
Sacred Weapon 0/7, Fervor 0/6, Channels 0/2, Blessings 5/6

There's always a chance you could get lucky on your Perception check, Lizzie. :)

Perception: 1d20 + 16 ⇒ (4) + 16 = 20

Zandomir spots one of the fae and takes a step back to keep it from getting an extra chance to attack. Then he draws his bow and fires two arrows again. He says a quick prayer to Desna in the hopes that she will guide his arrows to their intended target.

Longbow Attack 1 (w/Durable Cold Iron Arrow): 1d20 + 12 - 2 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 12 - 2 + 1 = 14
Damage: 1d8 + 6 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 6 + 1 = 15 (Rapid Shot, Point-Blank)
Good Damage: 1d6 ⇒ 5Electricity Damage: 1d6 ⇒ 4
Miss Chance: 1d100 ⇒ 31

Longbow Attack 2 (w/Durable Cold Iron Arrow): 1d20 + 12 - 2 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 12 - 2 + 1 = 19
Damage: 1d8 + 6 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 6 + 1 = 13 (Rapid Shot, Point-Blank)
Good Damage: 1d6 ⇒ 2Electricity Damage: 1d6 ⇒ 4
Miss Chance: 1d100 ⇒ 2


female human monk (scaled fist) 7 | HP 45/71 (N/L 0) | AC 19 , FF 17, TAC 17 | CMB +10, CMD 27 | F +10, R +8, W +4 | Perception +10 | Driven by Guilt 1/1 | Inspiration 1/1 | Stunning Fist (dc 17) 6/7 | Ki Pool 6/7 | Ki Strike: mag/cold iron/silver | Dragon Style +2 saves vs sleep, paralysis, and stun | Draconic Mettle +2 on saves vs fear, sleep, and paralysis |
Ki Powers:
elemental fury (fire), ki metabolism

Momijii wasn't quite sure where the creature that Heinrich was fighting was but she knew something was likely where he was at. She charged towards his location and as she got closer...
Perception: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (5) + 10 = 15
...still couldn't see anything. Regardless she had the momentum so when she reached the location she flipped up and brought her foot down into a heel drop through the area hoping to hit something before assuming a readied position again.
Unarmed w/charge: 1d20 + 12 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (19) + 12 + 2 + 1 = 341d8 + 7 ⇒ (1) + 7 = 8
miss?: 1d100 ⇒ 47


Valhingen Graveyard | Valhingen Catacombs | Sellen Starling | The enchanted forest

Noted Lizzie, 12 dmg refunded.

Zandomir was once again able to pinpoint the elusive fae, realising one was right on top, he steps away and sends a pair of enchanted arrows barreling towards it! Unfortunately both missed. Dat miss %

Invisibility is harsh. Given that without help Momijii can't know which square green is on I'm going to treat this like a grenade scatter.
What square? (1 = north, then NE, E etc...): 1d8 ⇒ 7 That's W but Momijii came through that square so lets roll again.
What square? (1 = north, then NE, E etc...): 1d8 ⇒ 4 That's SE -- so close!
Momijii's charge ended up level with Lizzie, she lashed out but hit nothing but air.

Zarine tries to pin point the fae but she just can't spot them to her increasing frustration.

Herinrich searches for a target, but there are none to be found...
Perception: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (1) + 11 = 12

Lizzie also casts about but she just can't pinpoint anything, so she concentrates on dodging.
Perception: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (14) + 1 = 15

Green vs Lizzie (flank): 1d20 + 9 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 9 + 2 = 19Damage: 1d3 + 1 + 3d6 ⇒ (3) + 1 + (1, 4, 4) = 13 <--- MISS
Black vs Lizzie (flank): 1d20 + 9 + 2 ⇒ (20) + 9 + 2 = 31Damage: 1d3 + 1 + 3d6 ⇒ (1) + 1 + (2, 1, 4) = 9 <--- CRIT?
Crit?: 1d20 + 9 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 9 + 2 = 13Crit Damage: 1d3 + 1 + 3d6 ⇒ (2) + 1 + (4, 5, 1) = 13 <--- NO
Fort DC 17: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (15) + 11 = 26 <--- PASS

Blue vs Zarine: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (18) + 9 = 27Damage: 1d3 + 1 + 3d6 ⇒ (2) + 1 + (4, 3, 5) = 15 <--- HIT
Fort DC 17: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (17) + 2 = 19 <--- PASS

White vs Zandomir: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (20) + 9 = 29Damage: 1d3 + 1 + 3d6 ⇒ (3) + 1 + (1, 3, 6) = 14 <--- CRIT?
Crit?: 1d20 + 9 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 9 + 2 = 13Crit Damage: 1d3 + 1 + 3d6 ⇒ (3) + 1 + (3, 1, 3) = 11 <--- NO
Fort DC 17: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (16) + 7 = 23 <--- PASS

The poison continues to ravage Zarine's system and her strength continues to ebb away.
Fort DC 17: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 2 = 8 <--- FAIL
Str Dmg: 1d3 ⇒ 2

COMBAT ORDER: Round 3 wrote:

Momijii

Zarine
Heinrich Cornelius Agrippa
Lizzie "beads" Tamar'
Lurkers in light
Zandomir <----- WE ARE HERE
Buffs and Debuffs wrote:

Spoiler:
---- Round 3 ----

Momijii
Zarine 1 str drain (11 rounds), poison (6 rounds), 2 str dmg (12 rounds)
Heinrich Cornelius Agrippa
Lizzie "beads" Tamar'
Lurkers in light
Zandomir
---- Round 4 ----
Momijii
Zarine 1 str drain (10 rounds), poison (5 rounds), 2 str dmg (11 rounds)
Heinrich Cornelius Agrippa
Lizzie "beads" Tamar'
Lurkers in light
Zandomir

Zandomir, Momijii, Zarine, Heinrich Cornelius Agrippa and Lizzie "beads" Tamar' are up.


Half-elf Warpriest 7 | HP 40/52 | AC 20, T 14, FF 16 | CMD 21 | F +7, R +7, W +11* | Init +4 | Perc +16
Resources:
Sacred Weapon 0/7, Fervor 0/6, Channels 0/2, Blessings 5/6

Zandomir winces from the blow, but tries to maintain his focus. Spotting one of the fae again - or thinking he does, anyway - Zan fires a couple more shots.

Perception: 1d20 + 16 ⇒ (12) + 16 = 28

Longbow Attack 1 (w/Durable Cold Iron Arrow): 1d20 + 12 - 2 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 12 - 2 + 1 = 15
Damage: 1d8 + 6 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 6 + 1 = 15 (Rapid Shot, Point-Blank)
Good Damage: 1d6 ⇒ 6Electricity Damage: 1d6 ⇒ 4
Miss Chance: 1d100 ⇒ 59

Longbow Attack 2 (w/Durable Cold Iron Arrow): 1d20 + 12 - 2 + 1 ⇒ (14) + 12 - 2 + 1 = 25
Damage: 1d8 + 6 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 6 + 1 = 10 (Rapid Shot, Point-Blank)
Good Damage: 1d6 ⇒ 5Electricity Damage: 1d6 ⇒ 5
Miss Chance: 1d100 ⇒ 43


Female CG Human Daredevil / Flame Dancer Bard 7 | HP 38/41 [-4 STR] | CMB +5 / CMD +19 (+20 vs Steal and Trip) | AC 19 / T 15 / FF 14 | Fort +2 / Ref +10 / Will +4 | Initiative +4 | Bardic Performances 16/19 | Perception +11 | Active Effects: +4 vs fear (constant) ||| Dreamlands Items and Negative Effects:

Perception: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (1) + 11 = 12

Zarine takes a step back and even though she can't see it, she shoots straight in front of her at whatever just attacked her.

That seems likely enough in her frustration to me. If you agree, I have that outstanding attack roll from earlier. If not, no action again.


Gnome Hp 71/71 AC 22, T 11, FF 22, F+11, Ref +7, Will +9
Specials:
+11 if vs despair. +13 if vs fear.
. Speed 20ft, Perc +1, Init +2, low light vision, speed 20 feet.

Perception vs green?: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (20) + 1 = 21

Don't know if i should be happy, but oh well. :)

Lizzie gets a heading of green's spot.
She steps 5ft towards Heinrich, does a quick LoH on herself for 3d6 ⇒ (2, 1, 5) = 8 and swings her mace at the fey.

Morningstar: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (8) + 11 = 19 Dmg: 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6
Morningstar: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (9) + 6 = 15 Dmg: 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6


Valhingen Graveyard | Valhingen Catacombs | Sellen Starling | The enchanted forest

I'll give Heinrich another couple of hours before botting.


Valhingen Graveyard | Valhingen Catacombs | Sellen Starling | The enchanted forest

Decided not to wait. Zandomir has 1 inspiration so I'm going to hand of GM and use it to reroll that first attack. Will do the same for Momijii since I'm botting her. Remember folks you can do this too! @Zarine you can retcon using that if you like.
Inspiration reroll Longbow Attack 1 (w/Durable Cold Iron Arrow): 1d20 + 12 - 2 + 1 ⇒ (9) + 12 - 2 + 1 = 20 <--- HIT

Zandomir's exquisite senses let him pinpoint one of the fae, that was right on top. He takes a step back and launches a pair of glowing arrows. The first connects solidly, passing almost entirely through the nasty little fae, although the damage was less impressive than might be expected, leaving just a tiny hole. DR applies. The other arrow misses.

Momijii desperately tries to pin down what is attacking Lizzie. At first she can't see it but then she lets go the way her Sensei taught her and there! Out of the corner of her eye she could see it. She moved into flanking position and lashed out with a trio of blows. The first struck home solidly, but the little fae was too much of a blur afterwards to hit.
Perception: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (5) + 10 = 15 <--- NO
Inspiration Perception: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (19) + 10 = 29 <--- YES

unarmed w/ds/patk/shatS: 1d20 + 12 - 2 + 2 ⇒ (15) + 12 - 2 + 2 = 27Miss%: 1d100 ⇒ 69Damage: 1d8 + 7 + 6 ⇒ (1) + 7 + 6 = 14 <--- HIT
flurry: 1d20 + 12 - 2 + 2 ⇒ (15) + 12 - 2 + 2 = 27Miss%: 1d100 ⇒ 48Damage: 1d8 + 4 + 6 ⇒ (3) + 4 + 6 = 13 <--- HIT
iterative: 1d20 + 7 - 2 + 2 ⇒ (9) + 7 - 2 + 2 = 16Miss%: 1d100 ⇒ 38Damage: 1d8 + 4 + 6 ⇒ (3) + 4 + 6 = 13 <--- HIT

Heinrich easily spots the fae Momijii hit and he studies it's movements, clearly it favoured the near invisibility which made it reckless... All he had to do was wait for it to make a mistake, there! Momijii hit it and it was going in for another pass. He thrust out and Red Destiny sunk deeply into it's surprisingly tough flesh. DR applies.
Heinrich Perception: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (15) + 11 = 26 <--- YES
Red Destiny, with studied combat & strike: 1d20 + 9 + 3 ⇒ (18) + 9 + 3 = 301d100 ⇒ 86Damage: 1d6 + 1 + 3 + 2d6 ⇒ (4) + 1 + 3 + (3, 3) = 14

Lizzie manages to spot one of the Fae, heals her self and moves to attack but even knowing where it was didn't alter the fact that you needed to be lucky to hit them!
Lizzy needs to roll miss%: 1d100 ⇒ 5 <--- MISS
Your other attack misses even accounting for the flank.

Lizzie tries to defend herself against the pair of Fae menacing her. She manages to block one but the other sneaks past her defences and stabs her in the neck. A nasty wound but Lizzie is still standing and fighting!
Green vs Lizzie (flank): 1d20 + 9 + 2 ⇒ (20) + 9 + 2 = 31Damage: 1d3 + 1 + 3d6 ⇒ (3) + 1 + (2, 5, 2) = 13 <--- CRIT?
Crit?): 1d20 + 9 + 2 ⇒ (13) + 9 + 2 = 24Crit Damage: 1d3 + 1 + 3d6 ⇒ (2) + 1 + (1, 5, 3) = 12 <--- YES
Fort DC 17: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (8) + 11 = 19 <--- PASS

Black vs Lizzie (flank): 1d20 + 9 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 9 + 2 = 16Damage: 1d3 + 1 + 3d6 ⇒ (1) + 1 + (6, 3, 3) = 14 <--- MISS

Zarine feels the cold sharp sing of steel striking her, but from where she can not tell!
Blue vs Zarine: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (12) + 9 = 21Damage: 1d3 + 1 + 3d6 ⇒ (3) + 1 + (1, 5, 1) = 11 <--- HIT
Zarine is already poisoned so no need for another save.

Zandomir feels the movement of air as one of the fae attacked and missed,
White vs Zandomir: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (3) + 9 = 12Damage: 1d3 + 1 + 3d6 ⇒ (2) + 1 + (5, 4, 6) = 18 <--- MISS

The poison in Zarine's system seems to loose it's potency and the burning sensation fades.
Fort DC 17: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (16) + 2 = 18 <--- PASS

COMBAT ORDER: Round 4 wrote:

Momijii

Zarine
Heinrich Cornelius Agrippa
Lizzie "beads" Tamar'
Lurkers in light
Zandomir <----- WE ARE HERE
Buffs and Debuffs wrote:

Spoiler:
---- Round 4 ----

Momijii
Zarine 1 str drain (10 rounds), poison (5 rounds), 2 str dmg (11 rounds)
Heinrich Cornelius Agrippa
Lizzie "beads" Tamar'
Lurkers in light
Zandomir
---- Round 5 ----
Momijii
Zarine 1 str drain (9 rounds), poison (4 rounds), 2 str dmg (10 rounds)
Heinrich Cornelius Agrippa
Lizzie "beads" Tamar'
Lurkers in light
Zandomir

Zandomir, Momijii, Zarine, Heinrich Cornelius Agrippa and Lizzie "beads" Tamar' are up.


Female CG Human Daredevil / Flame Dancer Bard 7 | HP 38/41 [-4 STR] | CMB +5 / CMD +19 (+20 vs Steal and Trip) | AC 19 / T 15 / FF 14 | Fort +2 / Ref +10 / Will +4 | Initiative +4 | Bardic Performances 16/19 | Perception +11 | Active Effects: +4 vs fear (constant) ||| Dreamlands Items and Negative Effects:

Perception: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (17) + 11 = 28

Finally being able to see the nasty thing, Zarine shoots a cold iron arrow at it.

Here is the unused attack from above:

Attack: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (15) + 11 = 26
Damage: 2d6 + 3 ⇒ (5, 4) + 3 = 12
Miss Chance: 1d100 ⇒ 75


Gnome Hp 71/71 AC 22, T 11, FF 22, F+11, Ref +7, Will +9
Specials:
+11 if vs despair. +13 if vs fear.
. Speed 20ft, Perc +1, Init +2, low light vision, speed 20 feet.

Perception: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (14) + 1 = 15

LoH self: 3d6 ⇒ (2, 3, 3) = 8

Lizzie doesn't spot any of the fey, and takes total defense.

AC 28.


Journal Formulae/Consumables Hp 45 AC 17, T 13, FF 14, F+3, Ref +8, Will +6. Speed 30ft, Perc +11, Init +3

Agrippa continues attempting to fight the invisible fae. He resolves to concoct a tincture that allows him to see the invisible as soon as he can.

If Arippa can spot the creature, he studies and attacks once more

Agrippa Perception: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (8) + 11 = 19
Red Destiny, with studied combat & strike: 1d20 + 9 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 9 + 3 = 15
Miss%: 1d100 ⇒ 49
Damage: 1d6 + 1 + 3 + 2d6 ⇒ (4) + 1 + 3 + (1, 1) = 10


Valhingen Graveyard | Valhingen Catacombs | Sellen Starling | The enchanted forest

Going to give Zandomir and Momijii a chance to post. It's getting towards christmas so I'm fine if things slow down for a while. Still I'd like to be back to 1/post per day for the new year.


Half-elf Warpriest 7 | HP 40/52 | AC 20, T 14, FF 16 | CMD 21 | F +7, R +7, W +11* | Init +4 | Perc +16
Resources:
Sacred Weapon 0/7, Fervor 0/6, Channels 0/2, Blessings 5/6

Whoops. Sorry for the delay. Also, Zandomir is firing cold iron arrows, so they should bypass the DR.

Running low on effective arrows and frustrated at how little damage he's managed to do, Zan fires again, hoping for better luck.

Longbow Attack 1 (w/Durable Cold Iron Arrow): 1d20 + 12 - 2 + 1 ⇒ (17) + 12 - 2 + 1 = 28
Damage: 1d8 + 6 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 6 + 1 = 15 (Rapid Shot, Point-Blank)
Good Damage: 1d6 ⇒ 1Electricity Damage: 1d6 ⇒ 4
Miss Chance: 1d100 ⇒ 18

Longbow Attack 2 (w/Durable Cold Iron Arrow): 1d20 + 12 - 2 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 12 - 2 + 1 = 15
Damage: 1d8 + 6 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 6 + 1 = 8 (Rapid Shot, Point-Blank)
Good Damage: 1d6 ⇒ 2Electricity Damage: 1d6 ⇒ 3
Miss Chance: 1d100 ⇒ 67


Valhingen Graveyard | Valhingen Catacombs | Sellen Starling | The enchanted forest

Zandomir takes a bet that the fae hadn't moved. He was right but he couldn't hit the nasty little thing. It was too small and so hard to see! OK noted re cold iron.

Momijii also takes a chance that her target hasn't moved. She darts to the right so that it's in between herself and Heinrich and then she lashes out. Her first punch stunning it before her foot splatters all over the place.
unarmed w/ds/patk/shatS/flank: 1d20 + 12 - 2 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 12 - 2 + 2 + 2 = 21Miss%: 1d100 ⇒ 73Damage: 1d8 + 7 + 6 ⇒ (7) + 7 + 6 = 20<--- HIT
flurry: 1d20 + 12 - 2 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (14) + 12 - 2 + 2 + 2 = 28Miss%: 1d100 ⇒ 62Damage: 1d8 + 4 + 6 ⇒ (5) + 4 + 6 = 15 <--- HIT
iterative: 1d20 + 7 - 2 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 7 - 2 + 2 + 2 = 12Miss%: 1d100 ⇒ 79Damage: 1d8 + 4 + 6 ⇒ (7) + 4 + 6 = 17 <--- MISS

Zarine you didn't specify which one you want to hit, so I'm assuming you focus fire on the one after Zandomir.
Zarine is finally able to spot one of the nasty little fae, and she sends an arrow which goes entirely through the one harassing Zandomir. Given the damage it's taken, it's a miracle it's still alive.

Heinrich tries to spot a new target but can't quite see clearly enough to be certain where one is.

Likewise Lizzie can't spot one, so she focus on defensive actions, healing her self and trying to be hard to hit, and it seems to pay off because she felt a rush of wind as one of the fae's attacks missed her.

Black vs Lizzie: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (15) + 9 = 24Damage: 1d3 + 1 + 3d6 ⇒ (1) + 1 + (6, 1, 2) = 11 <--- MISS

The fae chasing Zarine plunges it's nasty little dagger into her chest and twists. The venom courses through what little is left of her blood. A fair wind would be fatal as she sways on her feet.
Blue vs Zarine: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (17) + 9 = 26Damage: 1d3 + 1 + 3d6 ⇒ (1) + 1 + (2, 1, 4) = 9 <--- HIT
Fort DC 17: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 2 = 9 <--- FAIL
OK that's another 1 str drain on top of the existing drain and damage. Kinda moot tho as Zarine is staggered and likely to die next round.

Zandomir somehow manages to fend off the invisible menace chasing him.
White vs Zandomir: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (7) + 9 = 16Damage: 1d3 + 1 + 3d6 ⇒ (3) + 1 + (5, 3, 5) = 17<--- MISS

COMBAT ORDER: Round 5 wrote:

Momijii

Zarine Staggered
Heinrich Cornelius Agrippa
Lizzie "beads" Tamar'
Lurkers in light
Zandomir <----- WE ARE HERE
Buffs and Debuffs wrote:

Spoiler:
---- Round 5 ----

Momijii
Zarine 2 str drain (9 rounds), poison (4 rounds), 2 str dmg (10 rounds)
Heinrich Cornelius Agrippa
Lizzie "beads" Tamar'
Lurkers in light
Zandomir
---- Round 6 ----
Momijii
Zarine 2 str drain (8 rounds), poison (3 rounds), 2 str dmg (9 rounds)
Heinrich Cornelius Agrippa
Lizzie "beads" Tamar'
Lurkers in light
Zandomir

Zandomir, Momijii, Zarine, Heinrich Cornelius Agrippa and Lizzie "beads" Tamar' are up.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Half-elf Warpriest 7 | HP 40/52 | AC 20, T 14, FF 16 | CMD 21 | F +7, R +7, W +11* | Init +4 | Perc +16
Resources:
Sacred Weapon 0/7, Fervor 0/6, Channels 0/2, Blessings 5/6

Seeing Zarine in distress, Zandomir steps next to her. Then he touches her shoulder with his right hand, imbuing her with healing energy.

Substituting 3rd Level spell for Cure Serious Wounds.
CSW: 3d8 + 7 ⇒ (5, 4, 7) + 7 = 23


Female CG Human Daredevil / Flame Dancer Bard 7 | HP 38/41 [-4 STR] | CMB +5 / CMD +19 (+20 vs Steal and Trip) | AC 19 / T 15 / FF 14 | Fort +2 / Ref +10 / Will +4 | Initiative +4 | Bardic Performances 16/19 | Perception +11 | Active Effects: +4 vs fear (constant) ||| Dreamlands Items and Negative Effects:

Zarine is also firing cold iron arrows. Mentioned that in the original attack post, but not in the replay.

And yeah, although I didn't keep up with the damage like I should have, and didn't notice till now, I think Zarine was at zero at the beginning of the round, so she went negative by attacking, causing her to fall prone at -1. The attack by the fae after that was for 9, and so if that isn't affected by her falling prone, then Zarine's CON is 10, so I think that makes her dead before Zandomir can cast.


female human monk (scaled fist) 7 | HP 45/71 (N/L 0) | AC 19 , FF 17, TAC 17 | CMB +10, CMD 27 | F +10, R +8, W +4 | Perception +10 | Driven by Guilt 1/1 | Inspiration 1/1 | Stunning Fist (dc 17) 6/7 | Ki Pool 6/7 | Ki Strike: mag/cold iron/silver | Dragon Style +2 saves vs sleep, paralysis, and stun | Draconic Mettle +2 on saves vs fear, sleep, and paralysis |
Ki Powers:
elemental fury (fire), ki metabolism

Momijii again tries to detect where one of these lurkers can be found with her most recent target dead.
Perception: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (2) + 10 = 12
While she can't be sure where they might be Momijii takes an educated guess they are "over that way" and moves around to try and get a better angle to see them from.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Half-elf Warpriest 7 | HP 40/52 | AC 20, T 14, FF 16 | CMD 21 | F +7, R +7, W +11* | Init +4 | Perc +16
Resources:
Sacred Weapon 0/7, Fervor 0/6, Channels 0/2, Blessings 5/6

Don't know if it matters, but Zan would definitely have healed Zarine sooner if she looked badly injured. I'm assuming she would have last round. I wasn't following HP close enough either.


Valhingen Graveyard | Valhingen Catacombs | Sellen Starling | The enchanted forest

OK I missed the cold iron so white is dead. Maybe I messed up in damage accounting, but it's in your favour. At some point I'm going to make the spreadsheet I use fancier and keep a proper damage log, but for now some of the sneak attacks did less damage than they should have or something...

Zandomir rushes to Zarine's side and touches her right shoulder. Healing energies pour into her and several nasty wounds close!

Momijii searches for something to fight, but she can't find anything.

Zarine you're up, along with Lizzie and Heinrich.


Female CG Human Daredevil / Flame Dancer Bard 7 | HP 38/41 [-4 STR] | CMB +5 / CMD +19 (+20 vs Steal and Trip) | AC 19 / T 15 / FF 14 | Fort +2 / Ref +10 / Will +4 | Initiative +4 | Bardic Performances 16/19 | Perception +11 | Active Effects: +4 vs fear (constant) ||| Dreamlands Items and Negative Effects:

Perception: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (10) + 11 = 21

Zarine thanks Zandomir for the healing, then steps back and shoots again at the little stabby thing trying to kill her.

Attack: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (17) + 11 = 28
Damage: 2d6 + 3 ⇒ (2, 5) + 3 = 10
Miss Chance: 1d100 ⇒ 54


Gnome Hp 71/71 AC 22, T 11, FF 22, F+11, Ref +7, Will +9
Specials:
+11 if vs despair. +13 if vs fear.
. Speed 20ft, Perc +1, Init +2, low light vision, speed 20 feet.

Perception: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (16) + 1 = 17

"Aw shoot, these little things are pesky."

She raises her shield again, going on the defensive.


Valhingen Graveyard | Valhingen Catacombs | Sellen Starling | The enchanted forest

Guess I'll bot Heinrich.
Zarine manages to pinpoint the nasty little far that had been focusing on her and steps back and hits it with a snapshot, translucent blood splatters onto the branch 'floor'.

Lizzie tries to find a target but they're all too hard to see.

Heinrich looks for a target and finds one near Lizzie. He steps closer, studies the far and finds a flaw in its technique. Again it's overconfident and he plunges the enchanted blade deep into its chest!
Heinrich perception: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (17) + 11 = 28 <--- YES
Red Destiny, with studied combat & strike: 1d20 + 9 + 3 ⇒ (14) + 9 + 3 = 26Miss%: 1d100 ⇒ 83 <--- HIT
Damage: 1d6 + 1 + 3 + 2d6 ⇒ (2) + 1 + 3 + (6, 2) = 14

The fae attempts to retaliate but Heinrich was expecting this and he darts away from its attack.
Black vs Heinrich: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (4) + 9 = 13Damage: 1d3 + 1 + 3d6 ⇒ (1) + 1 + (1, 6, 6) = 15 <--- MISS

The other fae lashes out at Zandomir for healing it's target but the archer is far too quick and he danced away.
Blue vs Zandomir: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (3) + 9 = 12Damage: 1d3 + 1 + 3d6 ⇒ (3) + 1 + (5, 3, 4) = 16 <--- MISS

COMBAT ORDER: Round 6 wrote:

Momijii

Zarine
Heinrich Cornelius Agrippa
Lizzie ""beads"" Tamar'
Lurkers in light
Zandomir <----- WE ARE HERE
Buffs and Debuffs wrote:

Spoiler:
---- Round 6 ----

Momijii
Zarine 2 str drain (8 rounds), poison (3 rounds), 2 str dmg (9 rounds)
Heinrich Cornelius Agrippa
Lizzie ""beads"" Tamar'
Lurkers in light
Zandomir
---- Round 7 ----
Momijii
Zarine 2 str drain (7 rounds), poison (2 rounds), 2 str dmg (8 rounds)
Heinrich Cornelius Agrippa
Lizzie ""beads"" Tamar'
Lurkers in light
Zandomir

Zandomir, Momijii, Zarine, Heinrich Cornelius Agrippa and Lizzie ""beads"" Tamar' are up.


Journal Formulae/Consumables Hp 45 AC 17, T 13, FF 14, F+3, Ref +8, Will +6. Speed 30ft, Perc +11, Init +3

Agrippa continues to attack

Heinrich perception: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (16) + 11 = 27
Red Destiny, with studied combat & strike: 1d20 + 9 + 3 ⇒ (20) + 9 + 3 = 32 Miss%: 1d100 ⇒ 23

The invisible fae dodges around Agrippa's attack


Female CG Human Daredevil / Flame Dancer Bard 7 | HP 38/41 [-4 STR] | CMB +5 / CMD +19 (+20 vs Steal and Trip) | AC 19 / T 15 / FF 14 | Fort +2 / Ref +10 / Will +4 | Initiative +4 | Bardic Performances 16/19 | Perception +11 | Active Effects: +4 vs fear (constant) ||| Dreamlands Items and Negative Effects:

Perception: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (5) + 11 = 16

Zarine loses track of the blasted thing again, so she steps back just in case and heals herself.

Cure Light: 1d8 + 5 ⇒ (3) + 5 = 8


Gnome Hp 71/71 AC 22, T 11, FF 22, F+11, Ref +7, Will +9
Specials:
+11 if vs despair. +13 if vs fear.
. Speed 20ft, Perc +1, Init +2, low light vision, speed 20 feet.

Perception: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (13) + 1 = 14
The evil pixie's location continues to elude the gnome, and she once more assumes a defensive stance.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
female human monk (scaled fist) 7 | HP 45/71 (N/L 0) | AC 19 , FF 17, TAC 17 | CMB +10, CMD 27 | F +10, R +8, W +4 | Perception +10 | Driven by Guilt 1/1 | Inspiration 1/1 | Stunning Fist (dc 17) 6/7 | Ki Pool 6/7 | Ki Strike: mag/cold iron/silver | Dragon Style +2 saves vs sleep, paralysis, and stun | Draconic Mettle +2 on saves vs fear, sleep, and paralysis |
Ki Powers:
elemental fury (fire), ki metabolism

Momijii tried to identify the position of one of the fairy things once more...
Percepiton: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (13) + 10 = 23
...and this time she knew where to find one. She sent a flurry of strikes at it in an effort to take it down.
unarmed w/ds/patk/shatS: 1d20 + 12 - 2 ⇒ (20) + 12 - 2 = 301d8 + 7 + 6 ⇒ (7) + 7 + 6 = 20
confirm?: 1d20 + 12 - 2 ⇒ (19) + 12 - 2 = 291d8 + 7 + 6 ⇒ (7) + 7 + 6 = 20
Miss?: 1d100 ⇒ 59
flurry: 1d20 + 12 - 2 ⇒ (20) + 12 - 2 = 301d8 + 4 + 6 ⇒ (2) + 4 + 6 = 12
confirm?: 1d20 + 12 - 2 ⇒ (19) + 12 - 2 = 291d8 + 4 + 6 ⇒ (8) + 4 + 6 = 18
Miss?: 1d100 ⇒ 79
itterative: 1d20 + 7 - 2 ⇒ (20) + 7 - 2 = 251d8 + 4 + 6 ⇒ (1) + 4 + 6 = 11
Miss?: 1d100 ⇒ 68
confirm?: 1d20 + 12 - 2 ⇒ (1) + 12 - 2 = 111d8 + 4 + 6 ⇒ (2) + 4 + 6 = 12


Half-elf Warpriest 7 | HP 40/52 | AC 20, T 14, FF 16 | CMD 21 | F +7, R +7, W +11* | Init +4 | Perc +16
Resources:
Sacred Weapon 0/7, Fervor 0/6, Channels 0/2, Blessings 5/6

Perception: 1d20 + 16 ⇒ (5) + 16 = 21

With Zarine out of the woods for now, Zandomir returns to trying to take out the annoying lurkers. He manages to find his target, but his aim is a bit unsteady from the close call with Zarine.

Longbow Attack 1 (w/Durable Cold Iron Arrow): 1d20 + 12 - 2 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 12 - 2 + 1 = 17
Damage: 1d8 + 6 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 6 + 1 = 10 (Rapid Shot, Point-Blank)
Good Damage: 1d6 ⇒ 5Electricity Damage: 1d6 ⇒ 6
Miss Chance: 1d100 ⇒ 89

Longbow Attack 2 (w/Durable Cold Iron Arrow): 1d20 + 12 - 2 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 12 - 2 + 1 = 15
Damage: 1d8 + 6 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 6 + 1 = 12 (Rapid Shot, Point-Blank)
Good Damage: 1d6 ⇒ 1Electricity Damage: 1d6 ⇒ 5
Miss Chance: 1d100 ⇒ 60

Not on a computer atm to do it myself, but Zan would 5 ft step away from the lurker before attacking.


Valhingen Graveyard | Valhingen Catacombs | Sellen Starling | The enchanted forest

Zandomir spots the nasty little fae that had been trying to murder Zarine and backs away from it. He fires a brace of arrows from the hip, but finds his hands shaking which spoils his aim.

Momijii manages to track down the other fae and with a furious leap she crosses the ten yards to it's position, With fists glowing with fury she punches out just before she lands, explosively transferring her momentum into the delicate fae's body which ruptures into a dozen small pieces.

Zarine tries to spot the last fae, but everything is too bright and instead she wisely decides to heal some of her wounds. The spell proved to be a great relief because she was sorely wounded.

Heinrich spots the last fae as it takes fright and flees up, up as fast as its transparent wings will carry it.

Combat over. Unless you are able to fly and pursue it?

Perception DC 22:
"Mmmmmph! MMMMMMMMmmmmmppph!" you hear the sound of something, possibly a male human in distress out on one of the big leaves near by. You have a general idea of which leaf the sound is coming from.


Female CG Human Daredevil / Flame Dancer Bard 7 | HP 38/41 [-4 STR] | CMB +5 / CMD +19 (+20 vs Steal and Trip) | AC 19 / T 15 / FF 14 | Fort +2 / Ref +10 / Will +4 | Initiative +4 | Bardic Performances 16/19 | Perception +11 | Active Effects: +4 vs fear (constant) ||| Dreamlands Items and Negative Effects:

Perception: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (19) + 11 = 30

I hear something... maybe a human... over that direction. I think on that particular leaf.


Valhingen Graveyard | Valhingen Catacombs | Sellen Starling | The enchanted forest

Let me know what you plan to do next, and happy new year everyone!


Half-elf Warpriest 7 | HP 40/52 | AC 20, T 14, FF 16 | CMD 21 | F +7, R +7, W +11* | Init +4 | Perc +16
Resources:
Sacred Weapon 0/7, Fervor 0/6, Channels 0/2, Blessings 5/6

Zandomir looks over in the direction Zarine indicates, contemplating what they should do next. Before anything, he gathers the rest of the group around and provides some more healing.

CPE x2: 4d6 ⇒ (4, 3, 6, 4) = 17

If you need anymore, just roll CLW charges and I'll mark them off from the wand.

Zan then goes about collecting any fallen arrows that he can. (Not sure how many are recoverable since we're in a tree high up.)

Then he says, "We should check it out, but be careful. In a place like this, things don't always look like what they sound like."


Female CG Human Daredevil / Flame Dancer Bard 7 | HP 38/41 [-4 STR] | CMB +5 / CMD +19 (+20 vs Steal and Trip) | AC 19 / T 15 / FF 14 | Fort +2 / Ref +10 / Will +4 | Initiative +4 | Bardic Performances 16/19 | Perception +11 | Active Effects: +4 vs fear (constant) ||| Dreamlands Items and Negative Effects:

Zarine nods and moves towards the sound cautiously.


Gnome Hp 71/71 AC 22, T 11, FF 22, F+11, Ref +7, Will +9
Specials:
+11 if vs despair. +13 if vs fear.
. Speed 20ft, Perc +1, Init +2, low light vision, speed 20 feet.

Lizzie heads up front, onwards, to rescue the person in need.


Valhingen Graveyard | Valhingen Catacombs | Sellen Starling | The enchanted forest

You find a man, who looks vaguely familiar, bound, gagged, and staked to a leaf with wide thorns. Somebody has cut the image of a tiny fairy into his chest and his wounds looks old and festering and there's a lot of dried blood in the area. He moans faintly.

Heal DC 18:
His wounds terrible and he's contracted some kind of disease which has caused a purple mottling to his skin. Frankly it's remarkable he's still alive.

Perception DC 25:
The lurkers in light appear to have constructed a trap that will cause the section of the leaf he is stake to fall to the floor with him if he moves too much. DC 20 disable device check needed here.

Int DC 20:
This bedraggled man looks rather like Count Lowls, or perhaps a shard of his mind...


Female CG Human Daredevil / Flame Dancer Bard 7 | HP 38/41 [-4 STR] | CMB +5 / CMD +19 (+20 vs Steal and Trip) | AC 19 / T 15 / FF 14 | Fort +2 / Ref +10 / Will +4 | Initiative +4 | Bardic Performances 16/19 | Perception +11 | Active Effects: +4 vs fear (constant) ||| Dreamlands Items and Negative Effects:

Heal: 1d20 ⇒ 4

Zarine doesn't know all that is is wrong, but she helps how she can. She casts prestidigitation to clean his wounds and the old dried blood, hoping Zandomir will know how to help him further.

Perception: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (11) + 11 = 22

Fail. Zarine is oblivious to whatever she is supposed to notice.

Intelligence Roll: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (18) + 2 = 20

That looks like Count Lowls, doesn't it?


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Gnome Hp 71/71 AC 22, T 11, FF 22, F+11, Ref +7, Will +9
Specials:
+11 if vs despair. +13 if vs fear.
. Speed 20ft, Perc +1, Init +2, low light vision, speed 20 feet.

Heal: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (5) + 5 = 10
Lizzie also hasn't got a clue about his health problems.

"You're right Zarine, now that you mention it. Although, maybe just another part of his mind."


Valhingen Graveyard | Valhingen Catacombs | Sellen Starling | The enchanted forest

Now you look closely he does look like the count. Whoever this poor unfortunate is in truth, they seem to be in deep distress with half a dozen stakes driven through their flesh.


Female CG Human Daredevil / Flame Dancer Bard 7 | HP 38/41 [-4 STR] | CMB +5 / CMD +19 (+20 vs Steal and Trip) | AC 19 / T 15 / FF 14 | Fort +2 / Ref +10 / Will +4 | Initiative +4 | Bardic Performances 16/19 | Perception +11 | Active Effects: +4 vs fear (constant) ||| Dreamlands Items and Negative Effects:

Stakes? I hope he isn't a vampire. :)


Half-elf Warpriest 7 | HP 40/52 | AC 20, T 14, FF 16 | CMD 21 | F +7, R +7, W +11* | Init +4 | Perc +16
Resources:
Sacred Weapon 0/7, Fervor 0/6, Channels 0/2, Blessings 5/6

Heal Check: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (13) + 9 = 22
Perception: 1d20 + 16 ⇒ (14) + 16 = 30

Zandomir quickly assesses the man and his position before saying, "Take care. Before we can safely tend to his wounds, we need to secure this location. It appears those nasty fliers constructed a trap. The whole leaf will fall if he moves too much. Can someone try to disable it?"

Zan points out the location of the trap to anyone who volunteers. Looks to be a DC 20 Disable Device check.

Speaking to the man, Zan says, "Please stay still. We're going to try to help you, but it's crucial that you stay as still as possible."

I don't want to heal him yet if there's a chance he'll start moving more and bring us all down.


Female CG Human Daredevil / Flame Dancer Bard 7 | HP 38/41 [-4 STR] | CMB +5 / CMD +19 (+20 vs Steal and Trip) | AC 19 / T 15 / FF 14 | Fort +2 / Ref +10 / Will +4 | Initiative +4 | Bardic Performances 16/19 | Perception +11 | Active Effects: +4 vs fear (constant) ||| Dreamlands Items and Negative Effects:

Now that Zandomir points it out, Zarine can see the nasty trap. She tries to stabilize things.

Disable Device: 1d20 + 16 ⇒ (8) + 16 = 24


Half-elf Warpriest 7 | HP 40/52 | AC 20, T 14, FF 16 | CMD 21 | F +7, R +7, W +11* | Init +4 | Perc +16
Resources:
Sacred Weapon 0/7, Fervor 0/6, Channels 0/2, Blessings 5/6

As soon as Zarine finishes disabling the trap, Zan nods in thanks before doing what he can to tend to the man's wounds.

Substituting my other 3rd level spell for Cure Serious Wounds.

CSW: 3d8 + 7 ⇒ (2, 8, 7) + 7 = 24

"Hang on," Zan says to the man. "Survive the night, and I just might be able to save you tomorrow."

Zan can prepare Remove Disease tomorrow if the man (Lowls?) survives the night.


Valhingen Graveyard | Valhingen Catacombs | Sellen Starling | The enchanted forest

Zarine finds it fairly easy to make the trap safe once it's pointed out and Zandomir's ministrations brings a little colour to the man's cheeks although his skin has a nasty waxy look and he looks painfully thin.

It's some time before his eyes open and when he does they seem unfocused at first after a moment he seems to focus before starting. His painfully thin body is wracked with a coughing fit which it takes himself some time to master. He manages to croak, "Oh by the gods, w-w-what have I done?!" He seems to recognise Momijii and surges up before grabbing her, eyes fever bright. Before anyone can act, he slumps down to his knees utterly dejected, "The taint... You have it too."

Sense Motive DC 18:
What ever he's raving about he seems to believe.

Kn: Arcarna DC 20:
This is another shard of Lowls' mind, but which one?


Half-elf Warpriest 7 | HP 40/52 | AC 20, T 14, FF 16 | CMD 21 | F +7, R +7, W +11* | Init +4 | Perc +16
Resources:
Sacred Weapon 0/7, Fervor 0/6, Channels 0/2, Blessings 5/6

Sense Motive: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (9) + 12 = 21

Zandomir grows more concerned as he listens to Lowls, or whoever the man truly is.

Trying to stay calm, Zan says to the man, "What is it that you've done? And what is this taint you speak of?"


Female CG Human Daredevil / Flame Dancer Bard 7 | HP 38/41 [-4 STR] | CMB +5 / CMD +19 (+20 vs Steal and Trip) | AC 19 / T 15 / FF 14 | Fort +2 / Ref +10 / Will +4 | Initiative +4 | Bardic Performances 16/19 | Perception +11 | Active Effects: +4 vs fear (constant) ||| Dreamlands Items and Negative Effects:

Knowledge Arcana: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (7) + 6 = 13

She doesn't look tainted to me.


Valhingen Graveyard | Valhingen Catacombs | Sellen Starling | The enchanted forest

Spittle flies from his mouth as he raves, "The Inmost Blot! I sense the tendrils of the mind virus within you all, as it is with me. Amnesia was supposed to have rendered it harmless, but no that cosmic horror is nothing if not tenacious. I curse the day I read it's name in that forbidden book, that was all it took! One word. One word to doom me. One word to doom you all and everyone around you!" He sounds like a man defeated, near his end.

He suddenly stares at Heinrich with fever bright intensity, "You know of whom I speak! I've seen your dreams."

Kn: Religion or Arcana DC 28:
You actually don't know what he's talking about but you do remember one word. A name. A name that fills you with dread. XAMEN-DOR You have dreampt of this. In your worst nightmares a fungus of unimaginable size was reaching out, sending it's pseudopods and spoors across strange aeons. To you, and to dreamers like you. Your rational mind rejects this of course as fantasy. Surely there is no such being, how could a fungus be larger than the planet Golorion?! Heinrich you auto make this check.


Female CG Human Daredevil / Flame Dancer Bard 7 | HP 38/41 [-4 STR] | CMB +5 / CMD +19 (+20 vs Steal and Trip) | AC 19 / T 15 / FF 14 | Fort +2 / Ref +10 / Will +4 | Initiative +4 | Bardic Performances 16/19 | Perception +11 | Active Effects: +4 vs fear (constant) ||| Dreamlands Items and Negative Effects:

I only have +6 for those skills, so not rolling.

Balderdash. One word can't doom anyone. Sounds like some psychological game that only works if you believe in it, which I don't.


Half-elf Warpriest 7 | HP 40/52 | AC 20, T 14, FF 16 | CMD 21 | F +7, R +7, W +11* | Init +4 | Perc +16
Resources:
Sacred Weapon 0/7, Fervor 0/6, Channels 0/2, Blessings 5/6

Can't make that check either.

Zan scratches his head for a moment before saying, "I think you could use some sleep. We probably all could use some. How about we lie down for a bit and discuss this in the morning? After I've had a chance to heal you of whatever disease is ailing you, we should be able to have a much more productive conversation."


Valhingen Graveyard | Valhingen Catacombs | Sellen Starling | The enchanted forest

The man shrugs before grimacing with pain. Almost gently he replies, "Zarine The Great Old ones don't care if you believe in them or not. The Inmost Blot has marked you and it's all my fault. I'm so sorry, I can't believe I thought I could keep control. I thought The Poet could help. Well I suppose that's beside the point now. I'm just a fragment and it is in control of the waking me. It serves Hastur in its twisted way, seeking and ingesting new minds before excreting them out to feed Carcosa, Hastur's city. Come surely you remember Carsosa? We travelled there in our dreams and in our nightmares."

So the AP actually started in Carcosa if you remember way back when.

Kn: Arcana, Kn: Planes or Kn: History DC 20:
Carcosa is a living, alien city located on a nameless, highly magical planet (which is also sometimes called Carcosa as well) in a solar system far across the Dark Tapestry from Golarion. The planet is the home of the Great Old One Hastur, also known as the King in Yellow, who dwells by the monstrous Lake of Hali. When the light of Carcosa's star shines in another planet's night sky, Hastur's power on that planet grows stronger. Carcosa seeks ever to expand by absorbing cities and societies from other worlds and fuel Hastur's apotheosis.

5,401 to 5,450 of 5,481 << first < prev | 100 | 101 | 102 | 103 | 104 | 105 | 106 | 107 | 108 | 109 | 110 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Strange Aeons Gameplay All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.