DM Fang Dragon's Strange Aeons (Inactive)

Game Master FangDragon

Iä! Iä! Pathfinder fhtagn!

That is not dead which can eternal lie,
And with strange aeons even death may die.

Inspiration: Filbert 1, Heinrich 1, Lizzie 1, Momijii 0, Zarine 1, Zandomir 0
Dramatis Personae | Dream sequences | Party Summary | Loot Log |
Voyage to Cassomir Day 47


5,501 to 5,510 of 5,510 << first < prev | 101 | 102 | 103 | 104 | 105 | 106 | 107 | 108 | 109 | 110 | 111 | next > last >>

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Half-elf Warpriest 7 | HP 40/52 | AC 20, T 14, FF 16 | CMD 21 | F +7, R +7, W +11* | Init +4 | Perc +16
Resources:
Sacred Weapon 0/7, Fervor 0/6, Channels 0/2, Blessings 5/6

Zandomir considers Desna's words and his options before saying, "Thank you for you gracious offers, goddess. Staying here would be an honor, but returning to Golarion would also give me opportunities to spread your truths. As your warpriest, I must ask, where would I best be able to serve you?"


Valhingen Graveyard | Valhingen Catacombs | Sellen Starling | The enchanted forest

The elven woman smiles and seems slightly amusemed by Momijii's question, "I wouldn't take the memory of Aiko away from you... How can I explain this? The Poet is possibly the most powerful mortal you will ever meet but he is limited. Even if he chose to take a surgical approach to removing memories he'd still be a butcher. I find editing memories distasteful but the only limits on what I can do are self imposed. That might sound frightening and for good reason, it is. However I promise to take a light touch and due to my nature I am bound by my promise. If you agree I will remove the Blot's hold over you and ensure you don't accidentally reinfect yourself, that and no more. It will change who you are but not by very much. If you agree there is a path over there..."

She points to an animal trail in the woods, "If you follow that, it will lead you to the Isle of Jalmery on Golorion however you will forget about the Blot and this meeting. No harm will come to you on the way, that I guarantee. Jalmery however is not entirely safe however I judge you are more than able to hold your own."

To Zandomir the elven woman's smile is radiant and he knows his goddess is well pleased. She replies, "Well there is this cult of Dhalevi in Jalmery... Perhaps you could accompany Momijii and once she is reunited with Aiko take it from there. Aiko I think you will find is a resourceful women and the three of you could be a force to be reckoned with."

At this point looking miserable Lowls pipes up, "What about me?"

The woman Deana considers him for a moment, "That is a good question. Actually it mostly depends on you. You've been splintered, I think it could be arranged to reunite you and then give you the same choice they have had."

Lowls trembles at the thought, "Great goddess. Please I beg of you, don't do that! I was not a nice person in life, he had dark impulses even before the Blot..."

Deana replies, "Yes... It's true you didn't exactly lead a life of virtue, I was sort of hoping you might change."

The fragment of Lowls cries, "I have changed... I'm his guilty conscience, he left me on purpose!"

The elven woman considers him closely, "I see... Oh you're worried that the original Lowls won't agree to my terms." He nods vigorously and she sighs, "Well that does make things complicated. What do you wish to do if I grant this?"

Lowls quivers for a moment before replying, "This is the most beautiful place I've ever seen. I wish to remain but unlike them I want to forget almost everything else... Except you."

Deana sighs, "I uuhh. Ok are you sure? This level of mind manipulation is seriously frowned upon..."

Lowls nods, "Yes! I have seen the minds of more than one Great Old One and you are the only one I would serve!"

"Lowls that particular rumour is untrue..."

"But you created the dark tapestry!"

Deana shakes her head, "Not exactly. When I was new I expressed my joy at being by creating the stars to fill the multiverse with light. Unfortunately by definition and to my great chargrin I also created the absence of light between them. Out that by its own volition the powers of the dark tapestry arose. I have opposed them ever since. Still I can see you didn't know that and that your request is sincere... Very well request granted."

Lowls rocks back on his feet with a beatific look on his face.

Dasna smiles at Zarine next, "Seems you won't be entirely alone. He's harmless now, actually this fragment of Lowls was harmless before. All the malice went elsewhere and has now been dealt with. Iomadae got there before me... Anyway you are welcome to stay as long as you wish, I sure we arrange for a library."

She then catches Lizzie's eye, "Saranrae has need of you on Golorion. Apparently she would like you to travel to Jalmery to relieve aid her temple which has been pressed hard by Dhalevi's cult."

Finally turning to Heinrich the Goddess asks, "And what say you Heinrich? Would you care to root out another cult?"

She's referring to the Paizo module The Cult of The Ebon Destroyers. It's a great level appropriate module, I actually don't have time to run it unfortunately however. Still setting off purposely into the sunset free from the malign influence of Xhamen-Dor seems a great way to end the campaign.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Gnome Hp 71/71 AC 22, T 11, FF 22, F+11, Ref +7, Will +9
Specials:
+11 if vs despair. +13 if vs fear.
. Speed 20ft, Perc +1, Init +2, low light vision, speed 20 feet.
GM wrote:
She's referring to the Paizo module The Cult of The Ebon Destroyers.

Ah! That brings back memories. ^^

When Desna mentions Sarenrae will have her, she smiles enthusiastically.
"Really? I'll give it my all."


Female CG Human Daredevil / Flame Dancer Bard 7 | HP 38/41 [-4 STR] | CMB +5 / CMD +19 (+20 vs Steal and Trip) | AC 19 / T 15 / FF 14 | Fort +2 / Ref +10 / Will +4 | Initiative +4 | Bardic Performances 16/19 | Perception +11 | Active Effects: +4 vs fear (constant) ||| Dreamlands Items and Negative Effects:

Nice ending. Thanks for the closure. :) ... And although Zarine should probably jump in and help Sarenrae as well, I am not sending her into Ebon destroyers. :) Recently finished a game of that. The beginning of it was totally fun, but at the end we basically failed the quest because the monsters were too strong (well, not physically strong, but they could fly or sneak attack or whatever so we could never hit them, and they kept obliterating us. I was the cleric, and I could just not keep everyone alive, so we had to run/sneak away several times and not kill the bad guys.).

Anyway, after moving forward with the story with all of these not-killed bad guys behind us, we just gave up at the final battle, knowing that we would fail, and told the cultists if they left the country we wouldn't pursue them. :) They agreed, and likely just moved their cult somewhere else. The NPC who sent us was unhappy, the DM was unhappy, and so were we probably, although our characters were still alive, and we saved the town they had taken over, which I guess was what we were trying to accomplish there are the end, but still not great. This ending is much better. And Zarine doesn't need glasses, so it won't descend into "Time Enough at Last" (that Twilight Zone episode where the guy gets all the books he could ever want and then can't read them...)


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Gnome Hp 71/71 AC 22, T 11, FF 22, F+11, Ref +7, Will +9
Specials:
+11 if vs despair. +13 if vs fear.
. Speed 20ft, Perc +1, Init +2, low light vision, speed 20 feet.

Heinrich and i played the GM's run of that module. It was challenging, but we managed. Especially the last one was dangerous.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
female human monk (scaled fist) 7 | HP 45/71 (N/L 0) | AC 19 , FF 17, TAC 17 | CMB +10, CMD 27 | F +10, R +8, W +4 | Perception +10 | Driven by Guilt 1/1 | Inspiration 1/1 | Stunning Fist (dc 17) 6/7 | Ki Pool 6/7 | Ki Strike: mag/cold iron/silver | Dragon Style +2 saves vs sleep, paralysis, and stun | Draconic Mettle +2 on saves vs fear, sleep, and paralysis |
Ki Powers:
elemental fury (fire), ki metabolism

Delighted by the news Momijii bowed deeply before the goddess and said, "I would say I will never forget this but my honor will not let me since I know that I will." She rose and and then said, "While I won't remember our meeting I believe that I will remember that I have a debt to you I likely can never repay. Should you ever have a need for my aid you have but to ask. If it does not go against my honor to fulfill I will do so."

Momijii turned and bowed slightly to her allies, her friends, and said, "It has been my deepest honor to know you all and I hope that we may meet again someday, though I suspect that some of us never will." She turned to Zandomir and said, "If you choose to come to Jalmery I look forward to working with you again." With her goodbyes said Momijii turned from those she had traveled with and set foot upon the animal trail that would lead her to Jalmery, further adventures, and a woman she suspected she might fall in love with despite having met her but briefly in a land of dreams.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Half-elf Warpriest 7 | HP 40/52 | AC 20, T 14, FF 16 | CMD 21 | F +7, R +7, W +11* | Init +4 | Perc +16
Resources:
Sacred Weapon 0/7, Fervor 0/6, Channels 0/2, Blessings 5/6

Zandomir nods at his goddess's words. Her smile is more than he could have ever dreamed to receive from Desna herself. How could he refuse her request?

"It would be a privilege to serve you there, Desna. Even if it means forgetting things, if it means doing what you desire, it is more than worth it."

Zan looks at Zarine, who he's spent a bit more time with than the rest of the group. He smiles at her and says, "I hope you get a steady supply of books. I’m sure you will have a wonderful time here. I know you won’t be losing your memories, but… try not to forget us, okay? Time can cause forgetfulness if we’re not careful.”

To the rest of those he’s leaving behind, Zan says, “It’s been quite the learning experience - and quite the honor - to work alongside each of you. I hope our paths cross again someday. But if not, I wish you all well.”

As Momijii heads down the animal trail, Zandomir hurries to follow her, calling out, “The goddess has requested that I accompany you, I hope you don’t mind.”

Zandomir takes one last look back at his friends and his goddess. It’s a bittersweet moment, but one he wouldn’t trade for anything. He waves, then turns toward his destination. He doesn’t look back again.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
female human monk (scaled fist) 7 | HP 45/71 (N/L 0) | AC 19 , FF 17, TAC 17 | CMB +10, CMD 27 | F +10, R +8, W +4 | Perception +10 | Driven by Guilt 1/1 | Inspiration 1/1 | Stunning Fist (dc 17) 6/7 | Ki Pool 6/7 | Ki Strike: mag/cold iron/silver | Dragon Style +2 saves vs sleep, paralysis, and stun | Draconic Mettle +2 on saves vs fear, sleep, and paralysis |
Ki Powers:
elemental fury (fire), ki metabolism

As Momijii heard Zandomir call out to her she slowed down a tad and said, "Of course not Zandomir," a mischievous grin crossed her face as she asked, "Did I ever tell you that, when I died it was Desna who helped me?" Her grin became almost wicked, "Before I returned, not knowing her true identity, I asked for a kiss from her?" Her grinned even wider as she said, "And you know what?....She's a divine kisser." Momijii's laughter was the last thing the companions who stayed behind would hear from her in person.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Gnome Hp 71/71 AC 22, T 11, FF 22, F+11, Ref +7, Will +9
Specials:
+11 if vs despair. +13 if vs fear.
. Speed 20ft, Perc +1, Init +2, low light vision, speed 20 feet.

Lizzie gives a quick goodbye hug to Zarine, then summons her wolfdog, upon whose back she races after her friends to the waking world, doing a quick wave as she goes.

=======================================================================
[Cinematic Scene of group dashing off into the sun lit trail, laughing]

[Ending credits rolling, music playing]


3 people marked this as a favorite.
Valhingen Graveyard | Valhingen Catacombs | Sellen Starling | The enchanted forest

An animated short starts after the credits...

It's nighttime somewhere hot and exotic, the cicardas are loud and the stars are bright. The camera pans down from the glorious stars to reveal a small hilltop town among the forest, lit by lanterns. Atop one of the houses, sat in rocking chairs are a pair of old tian, ladies, hand in hand. One of them murmurs, "The stars are truly lovely tonight aren't they?"
"Yes, it reminds me of a night long ago..."
"That dream again?"
"Mmm hmm."
"Do you really think you dreampt it all?"
"It seemed so real... I remember meet you of course on that ghastly ballroom. I remember being there with Zandomir."
"Count Zandomir now, who'd have thought it?"
"I was almost as surprised as he was. It was picture perfect, especially when Bishop Tamar had to step on a box for the investiture."
This was greeted with a soft chuckle.
"No I don't suppose we'll ever know if Heinrich and Zarine were real or just a group hallucination. Still I like to think they were real... I wonder what they'd be doing? I hope they didn't get too bored..."
"I'm sure they'd have thought something out love."

The camera shifts to show an enormous library with alabaster walls and regular generous windows out of which the most spectacular night sky can be seen. A trio of elderly individuals slowly sort through an enormous pile of books. They sort and file them in the cavernous stacks before each selects one to read in amiable silence.

The animated short stops, the lights come on and the attendants shop you away to clean the theatre.

5,501 to 5,510 of 5,510 << first < prev | 101 | 102 | 103 | 104 | 105 | 106 | 107 | 108 | 109 | 110 | 111 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Strange Aeons Gameplay All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.