DM Fang Dragon's Strange Aeons

Game Master FangDragon

Iä! Iä! Pathfinder fhtagn!

That is not dead which can eternal lie,
And with strange aeons even death may die.

Inspiration: Filbert 1, Heinrich 1, Lizzie 1, Momijii 0, Zarine 1, Zandomir 0
Dramatis Personae | Dream sequences | Party Summary | Loot Log |
Voyage to Cassomir Day 47


1 to 50 of 5,476 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>

Valhingen Graveyard | Valhingen Catacombs | Sellen Starling | The enchanted forest

Dot.


Valhingen Graveyard | Valhingen Catacombs | Sellen Starling | The enchanted forest

You have been running across a featureless plane for days, pursued by an angry storm-wall of sickly yellow fog. Every time you look it’s closer, at first it was miles away, now it’s almost close enough to touch and devour you. When you first entered the city you couldn’t say, it’s outskirts grounded down by ages into little more than ash choked piles of debris. You find yourself pursued, tumbling through the alley’s canyon of crumbling, gray brick walls like some jaundiced flash flood. Ahead, the unfamiliar alley splits, curving to the left and right. Behind, from the silent swell of mist, emanates the sound of footsteps—slow, but somehow keeping pace with the careening, hungry wave.


Gnome Hp 71/71 AC 22, T 11, FF 22, F+11, Ref +7, Will +9
Specials:
+11 if vs despair. +13 if vs fear.
. Speed 20ft, Perc +1, Init +2, low light vision, speed 20 feet.

(Huff...huff....huff..)

Lizzie was running for her own well being, giving little looks to the mysterious fog. She cautiously avoided the debris that could make her trip.

As the alley split, she briefly came to a stop.
<_<.......>_>

Where to?, went through her head, as she saw the fog encrouching.
She wondered what caused the footsteps, and was almost thinking of remaining to see, but she ran left.

I have no idea what is going on, but i have the feeling running is the better option.


female human monk (scaled fist) 7 | HP 45/71 (N/L 0) | AC 19 , FF 17, TAC 17 | CMB +10, CMD 27 | F +10, R +8, W +4 | Perception +10 | Driven by Guilt 1/1 | Inspiration 1/1 | Stunning Fist (dc 17) 6/7 | Ki Pool 6/7 | Ki Strike: mag/cold iron/silver | Dragon Style +2 saves vs sleep, paralysis, and stun | Draconic Mettle +2 on saves vs fear, sleep, and paralysis |
Ki Powers:
elemental fury (fire), ki metabolism

Normally Momijii wouldn't run from a threat, she was too stubborn and prideful for that. She certainly wouldn't run from fog but there was something fundamentally...wrong about this fog, and she had the feeling that it would devour her if it touched her, much the way her long distant draconic ancestor might devour a lone cow, with little thought and hungry for more. So she ran, terrified, through the crumbling remains of what once must have been a great city, it certainly beat the barren, dull, plains of the last few days.

That last thought, the idea of having run for several days, bothered her, the formidable woman knew something about that should bother her but whatever it was was driven from her as she heard the slow steady steps following her from inside of the fog. She knew better than to face what ever was happening if she could avoid it so she ran. The debris made her passage difficult so she tapped the ancient might of the dragons and put her self in the mindset of being stopped by nothing, barreling past terrain that would make most people stumble and fall without even a hint of trouble. Little could stop a rampaging dragon, unfortunately this, this thing following her in the fog could and she knew it, hence why she rampaged in the opposite direction.

She was so focused on running that she nearly slammed face first into the wall and stopped for a moment as she panted. A tendril of the fog started to reach for her from the right and she bolted promptly to the left, charging down the alley way and nearly bowling over the small gnome in the process. "It's*huff*coming*huff*RUN!"

left 1, right 2: 1d2 ⇒ 1


Gnome Hp 71/71 AC 22, T 11, FF 22, F+11, Ref +7, Will +9
Specials:
+11 if vs despair. +13 if vs fear.
. Speed 20ft, Perc +1, Init +2, low light vision, speed 20 feet.

"Whoa....", Lizzie's surprised as a tall human comes bolting by.

"Easier said than done! My legs are shorter than yours!"


female human monk (scaled fist) 7 | HP 45/71 (N/L 0) | AC 19 , FF 17, TAC 17 | CMB +10, CMD 27 | F +10, R +8, W +4 | Perception +10 | Driven by Guilt 1/1 | Inspiration 1/1 | Stunning Fist (dc 17) 6/7 | Ki Pool 6/7 | Ki Strike: mag/cold iron/silver | Dragon Style +2 saves vs sleep, paralysis, and stun | Draconic Mettle +2 on saves vs fear, sleep, and paralysis |
Ki Powers:
elemental fury (fire), ki metabolism

Not slowing down for anything, and unwilling to leave the gnome to her fate, Momijii said, "Hold on!" and tried to scoop the gnome up as she ran past without slowing down in the least.

Assuming you don't resist of course in that case it turns into I don't have to be the fastest runner, just faster than the person behind me.


Inspiration: 1|Spells: 2/3 1st|Female Human (Taldan) Inquisitor (Spellbreaker) of Pharasma 2|HP: 17/17|AC: 16/13/13|Saves: +4 Fort, +3 Reflex, +5 Will (All -1 in Dark Places)|Init: +5|Perc: +6

No. No. No. No. Stay ahead. Keep running things are lurking in there don't know where I'm going no way of knowing can't let them take me

Crystal's thoughts are a blur as she half-stumbles, half-sprints through the featureless land. She has no way of getting her bearings or even knowing where she is right now, pursued as she is by this bizarre yellow fog.

When the strange alley shows up, Crystal has no idea which direction to go in...

Left or Right?: 1d2 ⇒ 2

...so she takes off running to the right. She was right-handed--it seemed only natural.


Gnome Hp 71/71 AC 22, T 11, FF 22, F+11, Ref +7, Will +9
Specials:
+11 if vs despair. +13 if vs fear.
. Speed 20ft, Perc +1, Init +2, low light vision, speed 20 feet.

Lizzie is yanked along, almost waving like a humanoid flag from the speed the woman took her.

"Yup...holding on...sure thing."

What a kind lady, worrying over a total stranger. I wonder who she is.


Status Luxina:
HP: 42/42 NL: 0; AC: 18, T: 13, FF: 15; CMB: +4; CMD: 17; Fort: 6, Ref: 8, Will: 2; Init: +3; Perception: +10; Speed: 30 feet
Elf Alchemist (Blazing Torchbearer)/5

No time to waste, no time to waste. Stop staring and run.

Luxina sprinted away from the fog, her long elven legs carrying her quite fast along the uneven surface littered by gray bricks. Though sometimes the stones shifted and moved under her weight and she stumbled along, preventing her from nearly falling and succumbing to whatever terror lurked in the yellow fog.

Don't turn around, just keep sprinting. I've seen strange things lately. At least I'm back in my own body. Now only survive this....What the?

Luxina finally comes up to the crossroads at the alley and hesitates.
Left or Right: 1d2 ⇒ 2

She looks back once more and dashes to the right.
No hesitation now, no time to assess things.


Journal Formulae/Consumables Hp 45 AC 17, T 13, FF 14, F+3, Ref +8, Will +6. Speed 30ft, Perc +11, Init +3

Agrippa hears the sounds of others running, he focuses on that. Others means allies? Maybe, perhaps. Best not to risk that just yet. Keep ahead of the Fog man!

Agrippa dares to take a peek behind him and he is horrified by what he sees...it's beyond words.

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAIIEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE


Hp 63/63(NL 21) Temp Hp 16/16 Regen 2/min Burn 3/6 AC 20, T 16, FF 16, F+9, Ref +11, Will +4(+2 vs Illus). Speed 20ft, Stealth +18, Perc +13, Init +8

Standing there waiting on the others surrounding him to answer, before he calls for the authorities; Filbert watches the walls of his shop slowly begin to transform.

The blue trim fades and is replaces by just plain wood. A quizzicle tilt of his head accompanies this change Well, that sure is strange, they'll answer me this time I just know it

The tall lady is about to say something and then begins running, however she's not going anywhere. Something is just not right

Looking around again everyone appears to be running in place. Looking down, with amazement Filbert sees that he is running. But why am I running? I have short legs not meant to run. W-what would I be running from?

With a turn of his head he watches the the walls dissolve from full color to ash colored rubble, to a looming wall of yellow mist.

Arghh! just a figment of my imagination, I thought I was home once again. Must keep running, the tall folk can help, just keep running..."


Valhingen Graveyard | Valhingen Catacombs | Sellen Starling | The enchanted forest

The party follows Luxina down the ally and spill out into a dilapidated courtyard. This provides no respite as the wall of fog closes in on them from several directions, with claw likes pseudo-pods of mist reaching out, almost close enough to touch. Like cattle to the slaughter, the party are herded into another ally. The walls of which sag, battered brick slumping over the path, nearly blotting out the bruised twilight sky. Again the grimy cobblestone path splits. This time one route curves uphill, while the other recklessly descends. Behind, the yellow fog and the relentless sound of pursuit grow closer! A frisson of fear prickles down your spines, it would be bad to fall behind.

COMBAT ORDER - Round 1 wrote:

Initiative rolls:

Crystal Delphi: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (9) + 3 = 12
Filbert Springbit: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (1) + 6 = 7
Heinrich Cornelius Agrippa: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6
Lizzie “Beads” Tamar: 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (1) + 0 = 1
Luxina Tenebris: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (9) + 3 = 12
Momijii: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6

Combat order:
Crystal Delphi <----- WE ARE HERE
Luxina Tenebris
Filbert Springbit
Heinrich Cornelius Agrippa
Momijii
Lizzie "beads" Tamar'

Actions? The fog is 1 round away.


Inspiration: 1|Spells: 2/3 1st|Female Human (Taldan) Inquisitor (Spellbreaker) of Pharasma 2|HP: 17/17|AC: 16/13/13|Saves: +4 Fort, +3 Reflex, +5 Will (All -1 in Dark Places)|Init: +5|Perc: +6

Round 1: Actions
Full-Round Action: Run to the hills!

Crystal barely has time to take in the many strange people around her before abruptly deciding to run along the path going uphill.

Wait--does fog rise or fall? Oh well--too late now. Keep going. Keep going.


Status Luxina:
HP: 42/42 NL: 0; AC: 18, T: 13, FF: 15; CMB: +4; CMD: 17; Fort: 6, Ref: 8, Will: 2; Init: +3; Perception: +10; Speed: 30 feet
Elf Alchemist (Blazing Torchbearer)/5

Damn...Uphill we're slower, downhill faster but so is the fog. Damn damn damn.

Luxina then sees the white-haired human woman run up the hill and figures what the hell.

Luxina sprints after to catch up.
"Move you slow farts. Don't let that catch you."


Hp 63/63(NL 21) Temp Hp 16/16 Regen 2/min Burn 3/6 AC 20, T 16, FF 16, F+9, Ref +11, Will +4(+2 vs Illus). Speed 20ft, Stealth +18, Perc +13, Init +8

"<blow>... <wheeze>....easy....for you... <blow> ... <wheeze> ...to say long legs." Filbert wheezes as he continues to run. I gotta run 3 steps for everyone of your strides

Filbert glances behind at the coming fog, ducking his head runs a little faster.


Journal Formulae/Consumables Hp 45 AC 17, T 13, FF 14, F+3, Ref +8, Will +6. Speed 30ft, Perc +11, Init +3

Agrippa ignores all his allies and runs directly away from the fog, what he has seen cannot be unseen!


female human monk (scaled fist) 7 | HP 45/71 (N/L 0) | AC 19 , FF 17, TAC 17 | CMB +10, CMD 27 | F +10, R +8, W +4 | Perception +10 | Driven by Guilt 1/1 | Inspiration 1/1 | Stunning Fist (dc 17) 6/7 | Ki Pool 6/7 | Ki Strike: mag/cold iron/silver | Dragon Style +2 saves vs sleep, paralysis, and stun | Draconic Mettle +2 on saves vs fear, sleep, and paralysis |
Ki Powers:
elemental fury (fire), ki metabolism

Finding still more people running from the fog Momijii joined them in their flight with gnome now over her shoulder. Seeing the second gnome she knew that she couldn't carry them both and not be slowed down. Still, if she didn't then he wasn't going to make it. She muttered a curse and, as she moved right past him said, "Hang on, going up!" She attempted to life him as well and throw him over her other shoulder as she passed, even though she knew it would slow her down, especially running uphill.


Valhingen Graveyard | Valhingen Catacombs | Sellen Starling | The enchanted forest

Lizzie let me know if you wanted to do anything else in round 1, but for now I'm going to assume you ran

The mist parts, now mere steps behind. A mask of gray rags emerges, strips of something fleshier than fabric worming and constricting across a body that’s almost humanlike—but too lean, and far too flexible. Gauzy gray ribbons reach out like tendrils, each grasping for less doubtful flesh to claim. Before you can react the nightmare vanishes back into the on rushing ghastly yellow fog.

GM Rolls:

Mist lurker init: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (17) + 5 = 22
ToHit: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (7) + 9 = 16Damage: 1d4 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 = 5
ToHit: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (8) + 9 = 17Damage: 1d4 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 4 = 7

With the merciless logic of hunter and prey, speed compared to speed, Filbert falls behind and is enveloped by the jaundiced fog. Moments later you hear hideous screams and a spray of arterial blood, followed by menacing footprints headed towards you!

Perception DC 10:
You spot filbert's blood splattered across the alley wall. The word "ME" is visible. This is seriously unsettling, make a DC 15 will save.

COMBAT ORDER: Round 2 wrote:

Mist lurker

Crystal Delphi <----- WE ARE HERE
Luxina Tenebris
Filbert Springbit (Dead)
Heinrich Cornelius Agrippa
Momijii
Lizzie "beads" Tamar'

Crystal Delphi, Luxina Tenebris, Heinrich Cornelius Agrippa, Momijii and Lizzie "beads" Tamar' are up.


Status Luxina:
HP: 42/42 NL: 0; AC: 18, T: 13, FF: 15; CMB: +4; CMD: 17; Fort: 6, Ref: 8, Will: 2; Init: +3; Perception: +10; Speed: 30 feet
Elf Alchemist (Blazing Torchbearer)/5

Perception: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (7) + 6 = 13
Will Save: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (19) + 3 = 22

Oh my Siv... What does it all mean?


Valhingen Graveyard | Valhingen Catacombs | Sellen Starling | The enchanted forest

Luxina:
It's with considerable shock, you realize almost all your items are gone.

Items Luxina has left: 1d4 ⇒ 1 Your choise about which one is left.


Gnome Hp 71/71 AC 22, T 11, FF 22, F+11, Ref +7, Will +9
Specials:
+11 if vs despair. +13 if vs fear.
. Speed 20ft, Perc +1, Init +2, low light vision, speed 20 feet.

@ DM; i'm being carried by a friendly person, and Momiji said she tried to grab and carry Filbert too, maybe he's not quite dead?

Perception: 1d20 ⇒ 19
Will, if Filbert does have to die: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6

Lizzie sees something in the mist, and her breathing pauses for a moment.
"Ohmygoshthatisnotgood!"

She politely addresses Momiji.
"Pardon me, kind lady, but you rea~~lly don't want to look back."


Status Luxina:
HP: 42/42 NL: 0; AC: 18, T: 13, FF: 15; CMB: +4; CMD: 17; Fort: 6, Ref: 8, Will: 2; Init: +3; Perception: +10; Speed: 30 feet
Elf Alchemist (Blazing Torchbearer)/5

DM Fang Dragon:
Then I'll have a torch with me, better a torch than bombs

Retcon
Luxina runs up the hill and lights a torch when she can, hoping the light will illuminate more of the surroundings.


Journal Formulae/Consumables Hp 45 AC 17, T 13, FF 14, F+3, Ref +8, Will +6. Speed 30ft, Perc +11, Init +3

Perception: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (12) + 5 = 17
Will: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (20) + 3 = 23

Agrippa glances back, and what he sees unsettles but doesn't unman him.

Better him than me. is all his lizard brain thinks as he scrambles away from the Yellow Mist


Inspiration: 1|Spells: 2/3 1st|Female Human (Taldan) Inquisitor (Spellbreaker) of Pharasma 2|HP: 17/17|AC: 16/13/13|Saves: +4 Fort, +3 Reflex, +5 Will (All -1 in Dark Places)|Init: +5|Perc: +6

Perception: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (7) + 6 = 13
Will Save: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (16) + 4 = 20 -1 if this is a dark place

Crystal makes the mistake of looking back. Seeing the spray of blood where one of the gnomes used to be promptly doubles her resolve to run for her life.

Her lungs are burning with the effort.


Valhingen Graveyard | Valhingen Catacombs | Sellen Starling | The enchanted forest

Luxina lights a torch and sees the alley curving up round a corner and she the fog, oceans of it pooling all around... Heinrich retreats.

COMBAT ORDER: Round 2 wrote:


Mist lurker
Crystal Delphi
Luxina Tenebris
Filbert Springbit (Dead)
Heinrich Cornelius Agrippa
Momijii <----- WE ARE HERE
Lizzie "beads" Tamar' Action posted

Momijii is up.


female human monk (scaled fist) 7 | HP 45/71 (N/L 0) | AC 19 , FF 17, TAC 17 | CMB +10, CMD 27 | F +10, R +8, W +4 | Perception +10 | Driven by Guilt 1/1 | Inspiration 1/1 | Stunning Fist (dc 17) 6/7 | Ki Pool 6/7 | Ki Strike: mag/cold iron/silver | Dragon Style +2 saves vs sleep, paralysis, and stun | Draconic Mettle +2 on saves vs fear, sleep, and paralysis |
Ki Powers:
elemental fury (fire), ki metabolism

Momijii was horrified as the gnome was snatched into the fog and brutally slaughtered. Even her lungs were burning with effort now and she knew she couldn't keep this up for much longer, especially with the gnome she was already carrying. As the fog continued to close she realized that the ere was little chance to truly escape and felt the hope of survival leave her. The only thing she could do now was try to buy these others some time, she dropped the gnome and told the others, "Run!" She turned and faced the fog yelling in defiance, "Come and get me then!" With a roar of anger she changed direction and charged at the pursuing fog.

Perception: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (17) + 4 = 21
Will: 1d20 ⇒ 11


Status Luxina:
HP: 42/42 NL: 0; AC: 18, T: 13, FF: 15; CMB: +4; CMD: 17; Fort: 6, Ref: 8, Will: 2; Init: +3; Perception: +10; Speed: 30 feet
Elf Alchemist (Blazing Torchbearer)/5

GM, Lizzie didn't throw a bomb, that was me before you informed me that I only have one piece of equipment.


Gnome Hp 71/71 AC 22, T 11, FF 22, F+11, Ref +7, Will +9
Specials:
+11 if vs despair. +13 if vs fear.
. Speed 20ft, Perc +1, Init +2, low light vision, speed 20 feet.

As Momijii looked back, Lizzie shook her head.

"I told you not to look back, didn't i?"

Then she was dropped.
Acro?: 1d20 + 3 - 2 ⇒ (14) + 3 - 2 = 15

Seeing the wall of fog approach, and seeing the kind lady try to lure the wall, she ran the opposite way, perhaps following in the footsteps of the others. As she ran, she yelled back at Momijii.

"Don't you dare die on me, kind lady!
I'm going to protect you in return some time, or at least thank you in some way!"

I'm unsure if the speed we're assumed to be on, is a 2x move or not, instead Lizzie's taking a running action, for 80 feet.
Unless we're already doing so from the start.


Valhingen Graveyard | Valhingen Catacombs | Sellen Starling | The enchanted forest

Sorry about that, fixed now. I probably shouldn't be posting till the kids have gone to bed, too many interruptions.

GM Rolls:
Mechanically Momijii is Shacken and can't see more than 5'
ToHit: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (5) + 9 = 14Damage: 1d4 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 = 5
ToHit: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (10) + 9 = 19Damage: 1d4 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 = 6
ToHit: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (13) + 9 = 22Damage: 1d4 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 4 = 7
ToHit: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (16) + 9 = 25Damage: 1d4 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 = 5

Shaking with horror Momijii comes to a terrible conclusion, she must die for the others to live. In an act of selfless bravery she rushes into the welcoming maw of the hungry yellow cloud and screams her defiance! At first nothing happens, then she feels something brush past, and an almost gentle touch like a caress. Some instinct maker her dodge the first slash, but oh that razor! It cuts deep! Ribbons of fire sprout across her parting flesh and suddenly she is falling, falling falling...

Perception DC 10:
The cloud parts for an instance, you see the body of Momijii slashed open from navel to sternum. Racked by death throws she mouths something to you, the word "UP!"

COMBAT ORDER: Round 3 wrote:

Mist lurker

Crystal Delphi <----- WE ARE HERE
Luxina Tenebris
Filbert Springbit (Dead)
Heinrich Cornelius Agrippa
Momijii (Dead)
Lizzie "beads" Tamar' Action posted

Crystal Delphi, Luxina Tenebris and Heinrich Cornelius Agrippa are up.


Valhingen Graveyard | Valhingen Catacombs | Sellen Starling | The enchanted forest

Lizzie:
Lizzie the funny thing is not matter how fast you run, and believe me you're running fast, that awful cloud keeps on gaining... You come to an awful realization, the cloud could have overhauled you long ago, if it had wanted to...


Gnome Hp 71/71 AC 22, T 11, FF 22, F+11, Ref +7, Will +9
Specials:
+11 if vs despair. +13 if vs fear.
. Speed 20ft, Perc +1, Init +2, low light vision, speed 20 feet.

GM:

I get it...the girl gnome was too cute to die first. :P

I didn't yet post my 3rd round action, as Momijii dropped me on round 2, and was before me in init.


Inspiration: 1|Spells: 2/3 1st|Female Human (Taldan) Inquisitor (Spellbreaker) of Pharasma 2|HP: 17/17|AC: 16/13/13|Saves: +4 Fort, +3 Reflex, +5 Will (All -1 in Dark Places)|Init: +5|Perc: +6

Perception: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (16) + 6 = 22

Crystal notices the disemboweled corpse of the monk and stops in her tracks.

She was the fastest of us. And now she's dead...

She grabs her bow, spins on her heel, and fires a shot into the mist.

Shot: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (10) + 3 = 13

It sails off into the fog, and the inquisitor glares at it.

"Pharasma, shield me from this abomination's power." She intones, and she feels her holy symbol grow cold around her neck. A soft, grey glow surrounds her and she glares once more at the fog.

Invoking Protection Judgement. +1 to AC until I die here.

"I'm here. Kill me. Do it. DO IT!"


Valhingen Graveyard | Valhingen Catacombs | Sellen Starling | The enchanted forest

Any particular action Lizzie? You landed on your feet.

Crystal shows her defiance by firing into the roiling cloud. The arrow vanishes and clatters somewhere in the distance. Then just like Momijii she stops and makes her stand.

COMBAT ORDER: Round 3 wrote:

Mist lurker

Crystal Delphi
Luxina Tenebris <----- WE ARE HERE
Filbert Springbit (Dead)
Heinrich Cornelius Agrippa
Momijii (Dead)
Lizzie "beads" Tamar'

Luxina Tenebris, Heinrich Cornelius Agrippa and Lizzie "beads" Tamar' are up.


Gnome Hp 71/71 AC 22, T 11, FF 22, F+11, Ref +7, Will +9
Specials:
+11 if vs despair. +13 if vs fear.
. Speed 20ft, Perc +1, Init +2, low light vision, speed 20 feet.

That running action was my round 2 action, as i could start at the ground.


Valhingen Graveyard | Valhingen Catacombs | Sellen Starling | The enchanted forest

OK and for round 3?


Status Luxina:
HP: 42/42 NL: 0; AC: 18, T: 13, FF: 15; CMB: +4; CMD: 17; Fort: 6, Ref: 8, Will: 2; Init: +3; Perception: +10; Speed: 30 feet
Elf Alchemist (Blazing Torchbearer)/5

Perception: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (9) + 6 = 15

ME... UP... What is the meaning of this?
"What are you all doing!? This is not the time for bravery!"

Luxina yells as first the human monk tried her hands against the fog and now the white-haired woman decides to tempt fate.

I shall fear no darkness while I have light... I shall fear no darkness while I have light...

She rushes towards the gnome and tries to hoist her along as she keeps on moving uphill
"Fools, all fools. You don't even know what you're up against and you wanna fight? Around the corner quickly! It goes up further."


Gnome Hp 71/71 AC 22, T 11, FF 22, F+11, Ref +7, Will +9
Specials:
+11 if vs despair. +13 if vs fear.
. Speed 20ft, Perc +1, Init +2, low light vision, speed 20 feet.

Trying to talk while presumably again on a shoulder...

"I ag..agree on th-the sentim-m-ment."

Another kind lady, who is -she-?

Yeah, not much of a paladin-esque way, but she's lost some marbles and her memory.

Diplomacy on the cloud :P: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (12) + 6 = 18

"We're n-not your e-e-nnnemy, let's c-ca-call this a day, yeah?"


Valhingen Graveyard | Valhingen Catacombs | Sellen Starling | The enchanted forest

Lizzie do you let Luxina try to carry you?

COMBAT ORDER: Round 3 wrote:

Mist lurker

Crystal Delphi
Luxina Tenebris
Filbert Springbit (Dead)
Heinrich Cornelius Agrippa <----- WE ARE HERE
Momijii (Dead)
Lizzie "beads" Tamar'


Gnome Hp 71/71 AC 22, T 11, FF 22, F+11, Ref +7, Will +9
Specials:
+11 if vs despair. +13 if vs fear.
. Speed 20ft, Perc +1, Init +2, low light vision, speed 20 feet.

Yes.


Journal Formulae/Consumables Hp 45 AC 17, T 13, FF 14, F+3, Ref +8, Will +6. Speed 30ft, Perc +11, Init +3

Perception: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (14) + 5 = 19

Agrippa looks behind him once again and shudders in terror.

runrunrunrunrunrunrunrunrunrunrunrun is all his brain can process!

He sprints away as fast as he can, perhaps the yellow mist will be satiated with the others.


Valhingen Graveyard | Valhingen Catacombs | Sellen Starling | The enchanted forest

GM Rolls:

ToHit: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (16) + 9 = 25Damage: 1d4 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 = 5
ToHit: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (8) + 9 = 17Damage: 1d4 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 = 8

Crystal You hear screams in the distance, and then silence. Nothing seems to happen for a few moments and then you sense a presence. Movement out of the corner of your eye, a flash of grey tassels, the glint of something red! When it happens it's quick, like a flash your open innards exposed. The presence departs and then there is nothing.

Perception DC 10:
You hear a shout! It's Crystal bellowing, "SAVE!"

Agrippa wisely sprints from the carnage while Luxina does the brave, honorable thing and tries to carry the slower Lizzie away. For a while it seems to be working, but even though the little gnome would be accounted as light by most folks the extra burden tells. After several minutes of running Luxina leads them to an intersection, left or right which way? Choice is soon removed when to their dismay they notice the ghastly fog is coming from all three directions! With premonition of doom they realize they are trapped!

The malevolent fog washes over them and all light and sound grows faint bar the beating of their hearts and the slow pacing of something hidden in the gloom. Luxina sees a blur of movement and a horrible Snick followed by a bellow of indignation from Lizzle. Something had cut her, the horror in tattered grey cloth to the right! Luxina backs away, but faster than it should be possible, the fiend is behind her and with amazing speed it's razor flashes out, Luzina twists Lizzie. It steps up and to strike again, she snatches Lizzie back again but then there is the wall behind her. No where to run. Moving like a blur it cuts Lizzie, it's razor swimming in her blood. The little gnome falls limp from her arms.

Perception DC 10:
As Lizzie falls, she mouths a word at you, "Wake!"

GM Rolls:

ToHit: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (12) + 9 = 21Damage: 1d4 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 = 8
ToHit: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (1) + 9 = 10Damage: 1d4 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 = 5
ToHit: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (4) + 9 = 13Damage: 1d4 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 = 6
ToHit: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (12) + 9 = 21Damage: 1d4 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 4 = 7
ToHit: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (14) + 9 = 23Damage: 1d4 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 = 6
ToHit: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (14) + 9 = 23Damage: 1d4 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 = 5

Scared out of her wits Luxina stares at the horror, its face smooth bar a fanged maw, a wicked razor in it's oddly jointed hands. The patter of blood as it flicks out and sinks into her flesh, the blossoming fire of pain! She recoils and dodges one blow, and another! Yet she trips over poor Lizzle and then it has her!


Valhingen Graveyard | Valhingen Catacombs | Sellen Starling | The enchanted forest

Agrippa you hear a series of screams in the distance, one of which might have some meaning...

Perception DC 10:
One of the distant screams was a word, you think they said "WAKE!"

You hurtle down a maze of alleys chased by the fog, pseudo pods of which at times threaten to outpace you. Eventually your luck runs out and with a sense of resignation and doom you sprint to the end of a cul-de-sac. The walls towering over your head, slick and offering no purchase. The clouds washes over you and the world turns to shades of amber. All is silent for a time, bar the hammering of your heart and the labor of your breath.

Time passes, perhaps you escaped? You start inching down the wall, hoping to retrace your steps. The cities lay out is hidden by the all encompassing fog and for a time you are convinced you are wandering in circles. A noise behind! What's that?!

GM Rolls:

ToHit: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (13) + 9 = 22Damage: 1d4 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 = 6
ToHit: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (14) + 9 = 23Damage: 1d4 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 = 6
ToHit: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (20) + 9 = 29Damage: 1d4 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 = 8
Crit?: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (3) + 9 = 12Damage: 1d4 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 = 6

It launches at you! An acid sting like fire across your belly, your arm and then your neck. There is so much blood! Without a word the presence stalks away... It's cold, gods it's cold. Cold cold cold.

I'll give those who where alive at the time a chance to make some perception rolls, before moving us on.


Gnome Hp 71/71 AC 22, T 11, FF 22, F+11, Ref +7, Will +9
Specials:
+11 if vs despair. +13 if vs fear.
. Speed 20ft, Perc +1, Init +2, low light vision, speed 20 feet.

I'm guessing it's somewhere along: To save me, wake me up?

Perception: 1d20 ⇒ 20

"Hey lady, there's another word yonder.
It says -save-.
So far, it's [up, me, save]"

Then followed the sequence of gnome-pulling.

"Let go, stupid foggy thing!"
...ohmygoshwhycantweoutrunit....

Things go dark.


Journal Formulae/Consumables Hp 45 AC 17, T 13, FF 14, F+3, Ref +8, Will +6. Speed 30ft, Perc +11, Init +3

Perception: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (13) + 5 = 18
Perception2: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (19) + 5 = 24
Perception3: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (11) + 5 = 16

Is Agrippa dead?


Status Luxina:
HP: 42/42 NL: 0; AC: 18, T: 13, FF: 15; CMB: +4; CMD: 17; Fort: 6, Ref: 8, Will: 2; Init: +3; Perception: +10; Speed: 30 feet
Elf Alchemist (Blazing Torchbearer)/5

Perception 1: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (17) + 6 = 23
Perception 2: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (15) + 6 = 21

Luxina is frightened out of her mind, thoughts racing through as the little gnome goes limp and she stares in the face of her chaser.

Save? Wake? What kind of riddle is this? Me? Up?....What!Wake up? Save me? Save me, wake up? AAAHHHH! Wake up! Wake up for Sivanah's sake!


Valhingen Graveyard | Valhingen Catacombs | Sellen Starling | The enchanted forest

"Wake up, damn it!" the man on the table screams, his panic cutting through the claustrophobic near dark.

With a start you awaken in a cold sweat, the lingering effects of the nightmare causing your pulse to race. You find yourself in a dank cell with a stranger, disturbingly you have no memory of how you got here. There are three cells each in total, each with with two inmates none of whom you recognize. The struggling man strapped with heavy ropes to the table is in a terrible state, he bears the marks of torture, with long lacerations and incisions. Another figure, unsettlingly thin and wearing a blood-smeared doctor’s coat, circles the table casually—stopping every so often to scrutinize one of the man’s wounds or select a different object from a sideboard of shiny blades. Currently, she spins one blade of a broken pair of pruning shears, which glints in the dull light of the lamp suspended overhead. With careless cruelty, the doctor draws the blade across the bound man’s bare thigh, releasing a tortured wail.

You are all in a fuge state. You have no memories of how you got here, or of anyone else. You don't even know your own name. Yet you have nightmares of the past, you did things. Took part in something, terrible, the details of which escape you.

Map updated. Actions?


Inspiration: 1|Spells: 2/3 1st|Female Human (Taldan) Inquisitor (Spellbreaker) of Pharasma 2|HP: 17/17|AC: 16/13/13|Saves: +4 Fort, +3 Reflex, +5 Will (All -1 in Dark Places)|Init: +5|Perc: +6

Do we have any of our gear?


Valhingen Graveyard | Valhingen Catacombs | Sellen Starling | The enchanted forest

No...

Perception DC 12:
The doctor who is currently tormenting the man on the table, has a large bundle of keys under her blood-stained scrubs.


Gnome Hp 71/71 AC 22, T 11, FF 22, F+11, Ref +7, Will +9
Specials:
+11 if vs despair. +13 if vs fear.
. Speed 20ft, Perc +1, Init +2, low light vision, speed 20 feet.

Lizzie awakens with a strong fuzzy feeling in her head.
She leans on one arm, rubbing her temple with her other hand.

"That was a nasty dream."

Her eyes adjust in focus, after blinking away the groggy sleepy feeling several times. In front of her, she sees a woman, still unconscious, while she hears painful wailing coming from outside the cell.

She quietly treads up to the woman opposite her, and pokes her in the flank.

"Hey, hey lady, lady wake up."


Status Luxina:
HP: 42/42 NL: 0; AC: 18, T: 13, FF: 15; CMB: +4; CMD: 17; Fort: 6, Ref: 8, Will: 2; Init: +3; Perception: +10; Speed: 30 feet
Elf Alchemist (Blazing Torchbearer)/5

Luxina wakes from her nightmarish dream and looks round her cell. She hears the screaming and wailing from the man on the table and looks through the bars.

Perception: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (4) + 6 = 10

Uughhh, painful. I suppose we're next.

She looks round her cell and sees in the dim light another shape.
Human, probably, no doubt female.
The dark-skinned elf checks to see if she carries anything on her, but soon concludes no.

Darn, no luck there. Not much to work with here. How to get out?

Luxina looks around her cell to see if there's anything useful at all, a piece of metal, wood, perhaps some bone splinters.

Perception: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (20) + 6 = 26

1 to 50 of 5,476 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Strange Aeons Gameplay All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.