DMDM's Way of the Wicked, Part II: The Dark Tower

Game Master Douglas Muir 406

Villains! You've committed acts of great and terrible evil. But now comes your greatest challenge yet. You must find and take control of the Dark Tower, and unleash horror upon the Kingdom of Talingarde.


1,151 to 1,200 of 1,219 << first < prev | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | next > last >>

Jax Naismith wrote:
"We agreed to heal the loser upon defeat. I will be using a heal spell on your brother. Do not attack me or discover what ither tricks we have up our sleeves."

"All right. Do anything but heal him, and we'll see how your tricks hold up against a few dozen virosus. Go on, then." She waves one hand.

Knowledge (Nature) DC 23:

Ampullae virosus, the poison-bottle spider, the reddish guys with black legs who've been scuttling around. About the size of a child's hand. You'd have little to fear from one or two of them. If she can really call up dozens of them, though... that would be a lot.

Spellcraft DC 21:

That "go ahead" waving gesture was the beginning of a spell. Just the beginning, though -- she's not actually casting. In game terms, she's readying an action.


Acid res 30 , Heroism, Sacred Bond, Telepathy, Shield Shield, Invisible, Undetectable
Vital:
HP 99(-)/99; AC 30(38)/tch 20(22)/FF 24(32); CMD 26 (28); F+15 (-)(+4 dis imm Pois, +2 ongoing eff) R +22 (26)W +12(13)(+4 slp/par) Res Elec 5; Init+6(8); Bmbs 3/38 Breath 2/2 Fly 11/15 60ft FF 0/9, Surge 4/5 Leg Surge 2/2
Skills:
Craft: Trap+29 Stealth+26(28) Wind+1 Perc +19 (18) Alchemy+38 DD +23 Spellcraft+24 Arcana+24Nature+24 Rel +24 Fly+22 UMD+16 Surv+23

1d20 + 13 ⇒ (8) + 13 = 21 nature

1d20 + 13 ⇒ (15) + 13 = 28 spellcraft

You like spiders. Are they poison?


Ulp wrote:


You like spiders. Are they poison?

She is nonplussed. "Did you just ask..." She shakes her head. "Yes. Yes, they're poison. Some more, some less." She touches one of the little spiders on the tree near her. It's a gentle touch, almost a caress. "For protection, and for the swifter dispatch of their prey. It's a kindness, usually."


Acid res 30 , Heroism, Sacred Bond, Telepathy, Shield Shield, Invisible, Undetectable
Vital:
HP 99(-)/99; AC 30(38)/tch 20(22)/FF 24(32); CMD 26 (28); F+15 (-)(+4 dis imm Pois, +2 ongoing eff) R +22 (26)W +12(13)(+4 slp/par) Res Elec 5; Init+6(8); Bmbs 3/38 Breath 2/2 Fly 11/15 60ft FF 0/9, Surge 4/5 Leg Surge 2/2
Skills:
Craft: Trap+29 Stealth+26(28) Wind+1 Perc +19 (18) Alchemy+38 DD +23 Spellcraft+24 Arcana+24Nature+24 Rel +24 Fly+22 UMD+16 Surv+23

Can I have some? Good way to get past baddies without having to fight.

Ulp smiles ...ulp... and digs out an empty vial.


Acid res 30 , Heroism, Sacred Bond, Telepathy, Shield Shield, Invisible, Undetectable
Vital:
HP 99(-)/99; AC 30(38)/tch 20(22)/FF 24(32); CMD 26 (28); F+15 (-)(+4 dis imm Pois, +2 ongoing eff) R +22 (26)W +12(13)(+4 slp/par) Res Elec 5; Init+6(8); Bmbs 3/38 Breath 2/2 Fly 11/15 60ft FF 0/9, Surge 4/5 Leg Surge 2/2
Skills:
Craft: Trap+29 Stealth+26(28) Wind+1 Perc +19 (18) Alchemy+38 DD +23 Spellcraft+24 Arcana+24Nature+24 Rel +24 Fly+22 UMD+16 Surv+23

1d20 - 2 ⇒ (17) - 2 = 15 diplo

maybe a diplo roll? not that it will work

Edit hey that is not half bad


She looks surprised, then thoughtful. "Well, I suppose I could milk one of the hens and... uh, sell you some?" She shakes her head. "I didn't know people would buy poison. I guess it makes sense, though."

(So, is Jax healing Bruno? Is anyone else doing anything? Does anyone want to ask these guys any question, or shall we just say "encounter over" and move on?)


Male Vampire(former Dhampir) Bard(Negotiator) 13/Anti-Paladin/2 - [HP 209/231; AC43,FF36,T22; CMD32; DR/10 magic+silver; F+28,R+29,W+26; Per+31; Init +12]

The Judge continues to pretend he is dead, which he probably has a very high modifier for since he is dead and decapitated.


Acid res 30 , Heroism, Sacred Bond, Telepathy, Shield Shield, Invisible, Undetectable
Vital:
HP 99(-)/99; AC 30(38)/tch 20(22)/FF 24(32); CMD 26 (28); F+15 (-)(+4 dis imm Pois, +2 ongoing eff) R +22 (26)W +12(13)(+4 slp/par) Res Elec 5; Init+6(8); Bmbs 3/38 Breath 2/2 Fly 11/15 60ft FF 0/9, Surge 4/5 Leg Surge 2/2
Skills:
Craft: Trap+29 Stealth+26(28) Wind+1 Perc +19 (18) Alchemy+38 DD +23 Spellcraft+24 Arcana+24Nature+24 Rel +24 Fly+22 UMD+16 Surv+23

very interesting thing poison and can help avoid monsters. Much better than fighting. If I can afford en yes I would like to buy some. How much?


Vitals:
LD14, Cav 1 INIT:+4, AC:34 (39)/FF:33/T:16, HP:283/216, F:+24 R:+14 W:+17, P: 10
Skills:
Bluff+8,Climb+12,Dip+8,Disg+8,Han An+9,Intim+30,Kn(Nobil)+18,Kn(relig)+8,Perc+10,Ride+10,Spellc+4,Surv+6,Stea lth+8

Edmin just shakes his head. With his hands since his head is not attached.


Let's hold off on poison haggling until we've resolved (1) whether there's still going to be a fight, and (2) any other matters of mutual interest.


Acid res 30 , Heroism, Sacred Bond, Telepathy, Shield Shield, Invisible, Undetectable
Vital:
HP 99(-)/99; AC 30(38)/tch 20(22)/FF 24(32); CMD 26 (28); F+15 (-)(+4 dis imm Pois, +2 ongoing eff) R +22 (26)W +12(13)(+4 slp/par) Res Elec 5; Init+6(8); Bmbs 3/38 Breath 2/2 Fly 11/15 60ft FF 0/9, Surge 4/5 Leg Surge 2/2
Skills:
Craft: Trap+29 Stealth+26(28) Wind+1 Perc +19 (18) Alchemy+38 DD +23 Spellcraft+24 Arcana+24Nature+24 Rel +24 Fly+22 UMD+16 Surv+23

that's fair. Also yes we plan to heal Bruno


M Tiefling Magus/Rogue;
Statistics:
HP 169/169; AC:37/21/29; Saves: +22/+23/+20; Init +10; Per +28(See Invisibility), CMD 42
Misc:
Effects: Resist Cold 30, Fly 30', Telepathic Bond

Jax steps forward and taps Bruno on the forehead with the wand, using up a single charge. He steps back and arches an eyebrow, folding his arms and looking up arrogantly. "No harm given. Now...as to those questions. Dren, you seemed to have something on your mind as to what you wished to ask. I confess to simply wanting to know more about these two and their pets."


M DEAD KILLED BY DMDM Lore Warden 2/Arcane Duelist 3
Stats:
HP 4/45; AC 20(25 w def/CE)/16(21)/14; CMD 19; Init +5; Perception +4; Fort +7 (8 vs Poison), Ref +9, Will +3; Fire Res 1; BP 10/12; Spells Lvl 1 3/4 Initiative +5

Dren is out of town wo ibterweb


Male Vampire(former Dhampir) Bard(Negotiator) 13/Anti-Paladin/2 - [HP 209/231; AC43,FF36,T22; CMD32; DR/10 magic+silver; F+28,R+29,W+26; Per+31; Init +12]

Pretty sure that Dren would heal Bruno. I believe that was what he intended.


Quote:
"Dren, you seemed to have something on your mind as to what you wished to ask. I confess to simply wanting to know more about these two and their pets."

To speed things along, shall we say that's your first question? "Who are you, to be traveling around the forest in such... company?"


M Tiefling Magus/Rogue;
Statistics:
HP 169/169; AC:37/21/29; Saves: +22/+23/+20; Init +10; Per +28(See Invisibility), CMD 42
Misc:
Effects: Resist Cold 30, Fly 30', Telepathic Bond

Sure


"I said -- we are the Shepherds. You see the remnants of our flock around you." She grimaces. "I am Sylvie. You have already met my brother. We have been driven out of our homes, further to the west. We need to find new pastures, someplace rich in life to feed upon. But the way south is blocked, and we know little of the forest to the east.

"So, we may need to live among the... people, for a time. That is why we have claimed this road for a little while, so that we can take money from the few travellers that pass by. Money is a thing we have little use for normally, but we know the people prize it highly. But soon the flock will eat this corner of the woods bare, and then we will have to move on."


M Tiefling Magus/Rogue;
Statistics:
HP 169/169; AC:37/21/29; Saves: +22/+23/+20; Init +10; Per +28(See Invisibility), CMD 42
Misc:
Effects: Resist Cold 30, Fly 30', Telepathic Bond

Frowning and glancing at the spiders. "Eat the woods bare? I hope you weren't planning on feeding us to your flock."


Male Human Oracle (FC) 15 Init: +8 Perc: +0 AC:24/14/20 F:+13 R:+14 W:+15 HP:124/124 Freedom of movement, Resist Cold/30, Air Walk 30'

Dren heals Bruno and jax to full. He then levitates up into the air so that he and Sylvie can get better acquainted. "Have you lived in this area long or just passing through?"

"I am dren. These are my compatriots. Our leader was killed in the forest by an evil recap. We seek information about any other dangerous creatures in the area. We have also heard rumors of a tower where there might be treasure. Do you know anything about it?"

"If you have anything to trade we have money."


Male Human Oracle (FC) 15 Init: +8 Perc: +0 AC:24/14/20 F:+13 R:+14 W:+15 HP:124/124 Freedom of movement, Resist Cold/30, Air Walk 30'

Posting from phone so please excuse the lack of bolding.


So, Questions #2 and #3 are "other dangerous denizens of the forest" and "rumors of a tower". Okay!


"Well, where to start. I mean... lots of things here are dangerous. But if I had to pick a few, I'd start with the cursed dragons. They're what we're running from. There's no bargaining with them -- we tried.

"Old One-Eye is damn near as bad as a dragon himself. Wish we could bring them together -- whoever lost, the rest of us would win. He mostly stays near the swamp, though. So do the frogmen. Don't know if I'd call them dangerous -- most of them are pretty stupid -- but they can panic the unwary with their calls, and some of them are competent fighters.

"There are a lot of fey in the Bryr, and some are pretty dangerous. There's Dark Calliaste and her pack. But she's never bothered us. One of our cousins spoke to her once. He was loopy and strange for a long time afterwards, though. She can mess with your mind, and that's without even trying.

"There are some fey who live to the south of here -- Weegie and Booger. One is bad and the other is worse. Stay clear of them. There's a very sweet dryad around somewhere. I guess she's a dryad? She moves around, though. She's nice, but she survived an argument with Weegie, so I guess she could be dangerous if you messed with her trees or something.

"Actually, leaving the trees alone is generally a good idea. There are tree-shepherds in here, who care for the trees the way we care for the spiders. There's a big one just a few miles from here who watches over the old stair. The Guardian, they call him, though I don't know what he's supposed to be guarding. Nice old guy, a bit dim. Wish he'd do something about the dragons, but I guess as long as they're not killing a lot of trees, the tree-shepherds don't much care. There's a story that one of them went mad a while back and hung a lot of people from its branches. Maybe they were messing with the trees? Best leave them alone.

"There used to be wyverns but the dragons have been killing them off fast. Dragons hate wyverns, I guess?

"There are all sorts of wild beasts. Bears, giant boar. I'm pretty sure there's another Trucido out there somewhere. We'd find spoor once in a while, you know, wild boar sucked dry, things like that. But she's terribly shy, poor thing, and now with these dragons and all...

"Anyway. Dangerous denizens? Yes, lots."


"A tower with treasure? Yes, the dragons were asking about exactly that. Bastards. We didn't know anything about it."


Acid res 30 , Heroism, Sacred Bond, Telepathy, Shield Shield, Invisible, Undetectable
Vital:
HP 99(-)/99; AC 30(38)/tch 20(22)/FF 24(32); CMD 26 (28); F+15 (-)(+4 dis imm Pois, +2 ongoing eff) R +22 (26)W +12(13)(+4 slp/par) Res Elec 5; Init+6(8); Bmbs 3/38 Breath 2/2 Fly 11/15 60ft FF 0/9, Surge 4/5 Leg Surge 2/2
Skills:
Craft: Trap+29 Stealth+26(28) Wind+1 Perc +19 (18) Alchemy+38 DD +23 Spellcraft+24 Arcana+24Nature+24 Rel +24 Fly+22 UMD+16 Surv+23

Which dragons ask?


M Tiefling Magus/Rogue;
Statistics:
HP 169/169; AC:37/21/29; Saves: +22/+23/+20; Init +10; Per +28(See Invisibility), CMD 42
Misc:
Effects: Resist Cold 30, Fly 30', Telepathic Bond

"What color where the dragons?"


Sylvie folds her arms. "We said three questions, and we answered in full. What's a fourth one worth to you?"


Acid res 30 , Heroism, Sacred Bond, Telepathy, Shield Shield, Invisible, Undetectable
Vital:
HP 99(-)/99; AC 30(38)/tch 20(22)/FF 24(32); CMD 26 (28); F+15 (-)(+4 dis imm Pois, +2 ongoing eff) R +22 (26)W +12(13)(+4 slp/par) Res Elec 5; Init+6(8); Bmbs 3/38 Breath 2/2 Fly 11/15 60ft FF 0/9, Surge 4/5 Leg Surge 2/2
Skills:
Craft: Trap+29 Stealth+26(28) Wind+1 Perc +19 (18) Alchemy+38 DD +23 Spellcraft+24 Arcana+24Nature+24 Rel +24 Fly+22 UMD+16 Surv+23

Nothing, nevermind. Want sell poison?


Buying poison:

Ulp, if you can make a DC 15 Sense Motive check -- untrained, I believe -- you'll realize that Sylvie is rather naive about money, and you'll be able to buy poison from her at half price. (Whether this is a good idea is a separate question.) A successful Bluff check could bring the price down even lower, but you don't have Bluff as a skill, and a failed check could backfire.

You can buy up to eight doses of Drow Poison, and four doses of Medium Spider Venom.


M DEAD!! KILLED BY EVIL EVIL DMDM!! Rogue1/Barb (Feral)1 temp hp 14/17 and 9 con (HP 24/25+4 when Raging; AC21/17/15(-2 Raging) ; CMD 16 (18 Rage) Fort +4(6); Ref +8; Will +1( 3); Init +6; Perception +5/6 for Traps; Darkvision

Why no fight!? Want more roommates!


Acid res 30 , Heroism, Sacred Bond, Telepathy, Shield Shield, Invisible, Undetectable
Vital:
HP 99(-)/99; AC 30(38)/tch 20(22)/FF 24(32); CMD 26 (28); F+15 (-)(+4 dis imm Pois, +2 ongoing eff) R +22 (26)W +12(13)(+4 slp/par) Res Elec 5; Init+6(8); Bmbs 3/38 Breath 2/2 Fly 11/15 60ft FF 0/9, Surge 4/5 Leg Surge 2/2
Skills:
Craft: Trap+29 Stealth+26(28) Wind+1 Perc +19 (18) Alchemy+38 DD +23 Spellcraft+24 Arcana+24Nature+24 Rel +24 Fly+22 UMD+16 Surv+23

1d20 + 1 ⇒ (13) + 1 = 14 so close. Maybe offer 75%


So close! Full price.


M Tiefling Magus/Rogue;
Statistics:
HP 169/169; AC:37/21/29; Saves: +22/+23/+20; Init +10; Per +28(See Invisibility), CMD 42
Misc:
Effects: Resist Cold 30, Fly 30', Telepathic Bond

"Nothing, simply curious. Your plight..intrigues me. With so many spiders to feed, why do you not prey upon the nearby city?"


Acid res 30 , Heroism, Sacred Bond, Telepathy, Shield Shield, Invisible, Undetectable
Vital:
HP 99(-)/99; AC 30(38)/tch 20(22)/FF 24(32); CMD 26 (28); F+15 (-)(+4 dis imm Pois, +2 ongoing eff) R +22 (26)W +12(13)(+4 slp/par) Res Elec 5; Init+6(8); Bmbs 3/38 Breath 2/2 Fly 11/15 60ft FF 0/9, Surge 4/5 Leg Surge 2/2
Skills:
Craft: Trap+29 Stealth+26(28) Wind+1 Perc +19 (18) Alchemy+38 DD +23 Spellcraft+24 Arcana+24Nature+24 Rel +24 Fly+22 UMD+16 Surv+23

Hmm, spider poison, sleep poison. I have already. Had hoped for something more powerful. I will pass this time. ...ulp

already have plenty and I can make it for 1/3 the cost


Jax Naismith wrote:
"Nothing, simply curious. Your plight..intrigues me. With so many spiders to feed, why do you not prey upon the nearby city?"

Sylvie frowns, clearly debating whether this is a "question". Finally she says, "That would be... a tactic of desperation. Feeding upon people, or their herds, would bring the people down on us in force. There's no shortage of food in the forest. That's not the problem. We just have to find a corner of the forest where we can take over as top predators."


Male Human Oracle (FC) 15 Init: +8 Perc: +0 AC:24/14/20 F:+13 R:+14 W:+15 HP:124/124 Freedom of movement, Resist Cold/30, Air Walk 30'

Dren gives Jax an annoyed look before continuing.
Would the gemstone I offered you for the duel be enough for three more questions? It is worth 100 human gold pieces and feed you and your for some time. Some advice, you are correct in your assumption that feeding on the humans would bring them down upon you, I would suggest against it...plus it is the right thing to do.

If she agrees these are the questions I would like to know about:
Tell me everything you know about the dragons of the forest including color, location, and tactics.

What kind of creatures are you?

What kind of creature is booger and we have heard he is away, do you know for how long?

After these are answered, he continues his conversation with Sylvie, If you need food from town I would be happy to arrange it for you to limit your exposure to the townsfolk, you may not be welcomed there but we wolcome you. You have been true to your word.
By the way you wouldn't worry yourself with Weegie anymore. He is the one that attacked us and killed our leader. We killed him for that.


"That's... unorthodox. But, all right." Sylvie reaches out her hand for the gem. (Mark it off the group treasure, please.)

"There are two dragons, and they're green. They showed up about six months ago. Some say they're the spawn of a bigger, older dragon that lives to the west, far away by the sea. I don't know where their lair is, but if you go more than a day's travel west, you'll run into them.

"They're gradually expanding their range, driving out competitors. They can fly, and breath clouds of acid, so they're hard to fight. We can go to cover under the trees, but even there they are formidable opponents. They have magic, and can cause branches and vines to wrap around their targets. I've seen them make prey become foolishly friendly to them, and use some kind of light spell to daze and stun their targets.

"One -- I think it is the female -- is a bit bigger; she seems to be dominant. Usually she stays on high, breathing and casting spells, while the other closes in to fight on the ground."


Acid res 30 , Heroism, Sacred Bond, Telepathy, Shield Shield, Invisible, Undetectable
Vital:
HP 99(-)/99; AC 30(38)/tch 20(22)/FF 24(32); CMD 26 (28); F+15 (-)(+4 dis imm Pois, +2 ongoing eff) R +22 (26)W +12(13)(+4 slp/par) Res Elec 5; Init+6(8); Bmbs 3/38 Breath 2/2 Fly 11/15 60ft FF 0/9, Surge 4/5 Leg Surge 2/2
Skills:
Craft: Trap+29 Stealth+26(28) Wind+1 Perc +19 (18) Alchemy+38 DD +23 Spellcraft+24 Arcana+24Nature+24 Rel +24 Fly+22 UMD+16 Surv+23

marked off the loot

Green dragons...worthless creatures.


2 people marked this as a favorite.

"What kind of creatures are we? I told you -- we are the Poimenikoi, the Shepherds.

"The world needs predators to keep it in balance. And what predator is more perfect than the spider? Hunger distilled into beauty, the joyful architecture of the web, the absolute stillness of the ambush, the perfect arc of the leap. But the predators themselves must be watched, sometimes cared for and sometimes culled.

"There's a story that long ago, the spiders of the Underdark fell under the sway of a Demon Queen. And the dark elves who served Her made the spiders their servants and steeds, their pets and playthings. And they awakened some of the spiders to thought and speech, the better to serve. And in time, they gave the very cleverest of these thinking spiders the ability to take a shape like their own, and walk among them. For they were masters of the flesh and the shaping of the flesh, and this amused them greatly. And these, some say, were the first Shepherds, servants of the dark elves who were servants of the Queen.

"But the Shepherds did not share the cruelty and wickedness of their masters. They only wanted what was best for their kin. For even though they had thought and speech, still there was the bond of blood and silk. And they saw that their masters were mad.

"So they rebelled, and fled with their herds and flocks to the green forests of the Overlight. The dark elves pursued them, and many died. Some of the flocks were recaptured, and their children serve the dark elves yet. But many escaped, and have dwelt in the world above for long these many years. Not in peace, for the spider does not know peace. But in freedom, and in balance.

"Or so some say. That is a very old tale, and if it is true I do not know.

"We are the Shepherds."


"I've never seen Booger and I don't want to." Sylvie glances over her shoulder involuntarily. "They say you never see him until he comes for you. They say he can go invisible, or turn into a mist. They say Lady Calliaste tried to kill him with her enchanted bow, but he became a vapour. A vapour that laughed at her, and oozed into the ground... Weegee is a creature of blood and rage and hate, they say? Well, Booger is a creature of terror.

"There was a group of people in the forest -- bandits, I suppose they were. Maybe they did something to annoy or offend Booger. Or maybe he just found them and thought it was funny. He killed them all over three days. He played with them, killing one at a time, but using terror to force them to flee ever deeper into the forest. My uncle met one just before he died. He was screaming and raving about a black axe, the man with the black axe. Later we found his body, stiff and convulsed. No blade had touched him, but his heart had burst.

"We stay well clear of Weegee and Booger, and we advise you do the same."


M Tiefling Magus/Rogue;
Statistics:
HP 169/169; AC:37/21/29; Saves: +22/+23/+20; Init +10; Per +28(See Invisibility), CMD 42
Misc:
Effects: Resist Cold 30, Fly 30', Telepathic Bond

"This forest sounds like a dangerous place. But we're not easily frightened. As my companion said, we've already..unfortunately, faced some of them. Perhaps we could come to some sort of arrangement. Your brother was swift and strong. I do not doubt you and your herd are the same. We could use a few allies under these trees and you would, I am sure, appreciate being top predators here."


Sylvie looks a bit nonplussed. "So, you're not just passing through? What are you doing in the Bryr, then? Hunting treasure?"


M Tiefling Magus/Rogue;
Statistics:
HP 169/169; AC:37/21/29; Saves: +22/+23/+20; Init +10; Per +28(See Invisibility), CMD 42
Misc:
Effects: Resist Cold 30, Fly 30', Telepathic Bond

Jax strikes a pose and smirks. "I am Philip Warrington, Treasure Hunter Extroadinaire, Knight of the Seven Cups, Winner of the Tournament of Liese! Yes, we come looking for riches and gold." Bluff: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (3) + 14 = 17


Striking some sort of arrangement with Sylvie & Co. may be possible, but will require a Diplomacy roll for the party (and Bluff, if you're going to lie or seriously shade the truth.)

One person should roll for the party; up to two of you can Aid if you want to. I'd suggest working out who rolls what first...? If you want to present a well reasoned argument, that could give you a modifier.


Male Human Oracle (FC) 15 Init: +8 Perc: +0 AC:24/14/20 F:+13 R:+14 W:+15 HP:124/124 Freedom of movement, Resist Cold/30, Air Walk 30'

Dren would take the lead on this since he has, what he thinks, developed some kind of repore with her.

Did she answer my third question about a tower?


M Tiefling Magus/Rogue;
Statistics:
HP 169/169; AC:37/21/29; Saves: +22/+23/+20; Init +10; Per +28(See Invisibility), CMD 42
Misc:
Effects: Resist Cold 30, Fly 30', Telepathic Bond

Jax will assit with bluffing, just trying to keep the idea that they're not evil evil bastards.


M DEAD!! KILLED BY EVIL EVIL DMDM!! Rogue1/Barb (Feral)1 temp hp 14/17 and 9 con (HP 24/25+4 when Raging; AC21/17/15(-2 Raging) ; CMD 16 (18 Rage) Fort +4(6); Ref +8; Will +1( 3); Init +6; Perception +5/6 for Traps; Darkvision

Zimu can also assist as long as she doesn't roll a 1

Also no sign of her for a while. Dm perhaps you can roll her assist forbher


Zimu's assist roll: 1d20 ⇒ 4


Male Human Oracle (FC) 15 Init: +8 Perc: +0 AC:24/14/20 F:+13 R:+14 W:+15 HP:124/124 Freedom of movement, Resist Cold/30, Air Walk 30'

It appears that we can be of assistance to each other Sylvie and we both have something each other wants. We need guidance and someone to help us with safer passage through the forest. In return we can combat some of the more deadly creatures in this forest or if you so choose we can help you with supplies and contacts from the human city.
We have powerful allies in the human city who we can enlist for your aid. What we ask in return...help scout for us in the forest. You have great stealth, we have great fighting ability. Think on it.
Here is the payment, as agreed upon.

He hand her the gemstone.

diplomacy 1d20 + 12 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (12) + 12 + 2 + 2 = 28 assumes two assists.


This campaign is on hiatus indefinitely.

Doug M.


Male Vampire(former Dhampir) Bard(Negotiator) 13/Anti-Paladin/2 - [HP 209/231; AC43,FF36,T22; CMD32; DR/10 magic+silver; F+28,R+29,W+26; Per+31; Init +12]

Dot to keep thread alive.

1,151 to 1,200 of 1,219 << first < prev | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / DMDM's Way of the Wicked, Part II: The Dark Tower Gameplay All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.