DMDM's Way of the Wicked, Part II: The Dark Tower

Game Master Douglas Muir 406

Villains! You've committed acts of great and terrible evil. But now comes your greatest challenge yet. You must find and take control of the Dark Tower, and unleash horror upon the Kingdom of Talingarde.


851 to 900 of 1,219 << first < prev | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | next > last >>

M Tiefling Magus/Rogue;
Statistics:
HP 169/169; AC:37/21/29; Saves: +22/+23/+20; Init +10; Per +28(See Invisibility), CMD 42
Misc:
Effects: Resist Cold 30, Fly 30', Telepathic Bond

Keep in mind its 10 rounds per charge of Infernal healing and I don't believe they stack, so while you're destroying the thing, you need to wait 20 rounds if you want to be healed.

The tiefling keeps his weapon handy, he's not stupid, but stands well away from the chaos..say..70'.


Vitals:
LD14, Cav 1 INIT:+4, AC:34 (39)/FF:33/T:16, HP:283/216, F:+24 R:+14 W:+17, P: 10
Skills:
Bluff+8,Climb+12,Dip+8,Disg+8,Han An+9,Intim+30,Kn(Nobil)+18,Kn(relig)+8,Perc+10,Ride+10,Spellc+4,Surv+6,Stea lth+8

Sorry, those are for Judges healing. I have 1 more if he needs it.


Male Vampire(former Dhampir) Bard(Negotiator) 13/Anti-Paladin/2 - [HP 209/231; AC43,FF36,T22; CMD32; DR/10 magic+silver; F+28,R+29,W+26; Per+31; Init +12]

Thanks, I am only down 3 hp them.

The Judge smiles, which is still not a pretty thing, as the profane power of the First courses through his nearly undead flesh.


Okay. Morsum begins ripping the pile apart, throwing blocks of stone in all directions like some horrible organic backhoe.

After a minute or so, the giggling from inside the rubble mound stops. Then the fey's voice calls out sharply "Oi! What're yer at, then?"


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Male Vampire(former Dhampir) Bard(Negotiator) 13/Anti-Paladin/2 - [HP 209/231; AC43,FF36,T22; CMD32; DR/10 magic+silver; F+28,R+29,W+26; Per+31; Init +12]

The Judge calls back from where he is:
I asked you to come out so that we could talk, but you declined. I went to knock at your door, but you just attacked me with your farmer's tool. So, I decided to make my own door.

Morsum continues to make a new entry, he also tosses large chunks of stone over the entry. These are not attacks, simply a say to slow down "jump out and attack man", and should not effect the invisibility.

True Story:

When I was growing up, a local logger showed up drunk at his house one night. His wife would not let him in, so he went to his truck, took out his chainsaw, and cut a new door next to the old door. He told his wife that she had her door and now he had his.


The Judge's statement is answered with a shriek of rage from inside the rockpile. "Yer feckin' whey-faced gleet! I'll have yer goolies fer my keychain!"


Male Vampire(former Dhampir) Bard(Negotiator) 13/Anti-Paladin/2 - [HP 209/231; AC43,FF36,T22; CMD32; DR/10 magic+silver; F+28,R+29,W+26; Per+31; Init +12]

The Judge calls back:
We are all just standing out here you red hatted coot. Of course you are just hiding, like a booger in a giant stone nose.

He pauses a second.
Don't worry, our magic is going to quickly pick that nose apart for you.


Male Human Oracle (FC) 15 Init: +8 Perc: +0 AC:24/14/20 F:+13 R:+14 W:+15 HP:124/124 Freedom of movement, Resist Cold/30, Air Walk 30'

Dren waits with his confusion readied, hiding amongst the rocks about 25' from the hole that Morsum is digging.

Take a 10 for a total of a 23.


There's a wordless shriek, a shattering of glass, and then silence.

Morsum continues tearing the pile apart. A minute or so later, he breaks into an open space within it -- some sort of dark, filthy chamber or burrow.


Male Vampire(former Dhampir) Bard(Negotiator) 13/Anti-Paladin/2 - [HP 209/231; AC43,FF36,T22; CMD32; DR/10 magic+silver; F+28,R+29,W+26; Per+31; Init +12]

The Judge calls out:
Hey look, we have mined the nose. Unfortunately it appears the brain is empty except for a bunch of garbage.

Others can decide whether they want to proceed in now that the opening has been enlarged.


Everybody should roll a d20 now.


Acid res 30 , Heroism, Sacred Bond, Telepathy, Shield Shield, Invisible, Undetectable
Vital:
HP 99(-)/99; AC 30(38)/tch 20(22)/FF 24(32); CMD 26 (28); F+15 (-)(+4 dis imm Pois, +2 ongoing eff) R +22 (26)W +12(13)(+4 slp/par) Res Elec 5; Init+6(8); Bmbs 3/38 Breath 2/2 Fly 11/15 60ft FF 0/9, Surge 4/5 Leg Surge 2/2
Skills:
Craft: Trap+29 Stealth+26(28) Wind+1 Perc +19 (18) Alchemy+38 DD +23 Spellcraft+24 Arcana+24Nature+24 Rel +24 Fly+22 UMD+16 Surv+23

1d20 ⇒ 14

humans...


Male Human Oracle (FC) 15 Init: +8 Perc: +0 AC:24/14/20 F:+13 R:+14 W:+15 HP:124/124 Freedom of movement, Resist Cold/30, Air Walk 30'

I would suggest using see invisibility right now Cy. This seems suspect.

1d20 ⇒ 2


Acid res 30 , Heroism, Sacred Bond, Telepathy, Shield Shield, Invisible, Undetectable
Vital:
HP 99(-)/99; AC 30(38)/tch 20(22)/FF 24(32); CMD 26 (28); F+15 (-)(+4 dis imm Pois, +2 ongoing eff) R +22 (26)W +12(13)(+4 slp/par) Res Elec 5; Init+6(8); Bmbs 3/38 Breath 2/2 Fly 11/15 60ft FF 0/9, Surge 4/5 Leg Surge 2/2
Skills:
Craft: Trap+29 Stealth+26(28) Wind+1 Perc +19 (18) Alchemy+38 DD +23 Spellcraft+24 Arcana+24Nature+24 Rel +24 Fly+22 UMD+16 Surv+23

Assuming that is not initiative

Ulp takes to the air again and flies 20 feet up


M Tiefling Magus/Rogue;
Statistics:
HP 169/169; AC:37/21/29; Saves: +22/+23/+20; Init +10; Per +28(See Invisibility), CMD 42
Misc:
Effects: Resist Cold 30, Fly 30', Telepathic Bond

1d20 ⇒ 3

Jax keeps his distance, blade drawn, fingers ready to cast a spell. "Still think this is a stupid idea.."


Male Eidolon Disconcerting Shadowy Monstrosity HP: 9/53; AC23(27 w/Mage Armor; 31 w/MA& Shield),T12,FF20; F+6,R+3,W+4/+8; Per+9; Init+2)

Unknown purpose roll: 1d20 ⇒ 2


Vitals:
LD14, Cav 1 INIT:+4, AC:34 (39)/FF:33/T:16, HP:283/216, F:+24 R:+14 W:+17, P: 10
Skills:
Bluff+8,Climb+12,Dip+8,Disg+8,Han An+9,Intim+30,Kn(Nobil)+18,Kn(relig)+8,Perc+10,Ride+10,Spellc+4,Surv+6,Stea lth+8

1d20 ⇒ 18


Female Aasimar Wizard 6 (HP 53/53; AC 18/18/15; CMD 16 Fort +5; Ref +7 Will +8; Init +3; Perception +11; Darkvision 60 ft)
Dren of the Dark Tapestry wrote:
I would suggest using see invisibility right now Cy.

I concur!

Cуровую quickly moves a further 20' back as she casts See Invisibility.

1d20 ⇒ 13


The burrow that Morsum has uncovered consists of a couple of low, foul-smelling rooms. In one corner, a pile of well-gnawed humanoid bones have been arranged in amusing patterns. Skulls have been spiked to the walls. A couple of filthy, flea-ridden blankets on a pile of dry grass make up a bed. Banners hang from the walls -- a stylized lion of some sort, on a blue background. The lion appears to have been drawn in dried blood. There are crude signs with incomprehensible statements, like "GO GERS" and "THE OLD FIRM".

A low tunnel leads out of one of the rooms: a back entrance.


Acid res 30 , Heroism, Sacred Bond, Telepathy, Shield Shield, Invisible, Undetectable
Vital:
HP 99(-)/99; AC 30(38)/tch 20(22)/FF 24(32); CMD 26 (28); F+15 (-)(+4 dis imm Pois, +2 ongoing eff) R +22 (26)W +12(13)(+4 slp/par) Res Elec 5; Init+6(8); Bmbs 3/38 Breath 2/2 Fly 11/15 60ft FF 0/9, Surge 4/5 Leg Surge 2/2
Skills:
Craft: Trap+29 Stealth+26(28) Wind+1 Perc +19 (18) Alchemy+38 DD +23 Spellcraft+24 Arcana+24Nature+24 Rel +24 Fly+22 UMD+16 Surv+23

Ulp does a flyover and sees if he spots anything

1d20 + 8 ⇒ (17) + 8 = 25


Surprise round!

"Some people sing about the land they adoooooooore!" He appears out of the woods, moving at fantastic, ridiculous speed. His little legs are literally a blur as he zips across the ground, heading straight for the Judge.

"And some of how they fought their country's greatest waaaaaars!" He bounces into the air and aims a tremendous blow with the scythe.

1d20 ⇒ 17


Ooh, so close. Well, that's just 2d4 + 22 ⇒ (1, 2) + 22 = 25 damage on the Judge.

He bounces away from the Judge, still singing. "Na na something something na na na na sing a song about a famous football team!" He bounces right out of the clearing, and ducks behind a tree.


Welcome to the wonderful world of the enemy who has Spring Attack, high movement, and time to buff by drinking a Haste potion. His range from the rest of you is currently as follows:

Judge 40'
Edmin, Ragnar, Dren 45'
Zimu, Grumblejack 50'
Morsum and Ulp 70' (Ulp is also 20' up)
Jax 100'

He has partial cover behind the tree, granting him +2 to AC and +1 on Reflex saves. His initiative is 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (16) + 11 = 27. Everyone roll initiative now (the previous rolls were Perception checks to see if you could spot him sneaking up on you). If you beat that, you can act before he does.


Acid res 30 , Heroism, Sacred Bond, Telepathy, Shield Shield, Invisible, Undetectable
Vital:
HP 99(-)/99; AC 30(38)/tch 20(22)/FF 24(32); CMD 26 (28); F+15 (-)(+4 dis imm Pois, +2 ongoing eff) R +22 (26)W +12(13)(+4 slp/par) Res Elec 5; Init+6(8); Bmbs 3/38 Breath 2/2 Fly 11/15 60ft FF 0/9, Surge 4/5 Leg Surge 2/2
Skills:
Craft: Trap+29 Stealth+26(28) Wind+1 Perc +19 (18) Alchemy+38 DD +23 Spellcraft+24 Arcana+24Nature+24 Rel +24 Fly+22 UMD+16 Surv+23

Can't beat that


Well... anyone with +7 or better on Init, roll initiative. Otherwise, I'll just have him act, and then you can all go.


Female Aasimar Wizard 6 (HP 53/53; AC 18/18/15; CMD 16 Fort +5; Ref +7 Will +8; Init +3; Perception +11; Darkvision 60 ft)

The Judge may want to consider taking a withdraw action.

Cуровую will make sure she is in the midst of Edmin, Ragnar, Grumblejack and Dren so that she can not be picked off.

'Maybe we can just hire this guy, I am starting to like the bastard.'

Did you say he had partial cover?

'Seriously we could use him. How long do you think that kobold will last?'

Casting Magic Missile 3d4 + 3 + 3 ⇒ (2, 1, 2) + 3 + 3 = 11 damage


Acid res 30 , Heroism, Sacred Bond, Telepathy, Shield Shield, Invisible, Undetectable
Vital:
HP 99(-)/99; AC 30(38)/tch 20(22)/FF 24(32); CMD 26 (28); F+15 (-)(+4 dis imm Pois, +2 ongoing eff) R +22 (26)W +12(13)(+4 slp/par) Res Elec 5; Init+6(8); Bmbs 3/38 Breath 2/2 Fly 11/15 60ft FF 0/9, Surge 4/5 Leg Surge 2/2
Skills:
Craft: Trap+29 Stealth+26(28) Wind+1 Perc +19 (18) Alchemy+38 DD +23 Spellcraft+24 Arcana+24Nature+24 Rel +24 Fly+22 UMD+16 Surv+23

no need to withdraw he is hiding, and Zimu you don't get to act until after he goes again

Someone get rid of his magics


Male Human Oracle (FC) 15 Init: +8 Perc: +0 AC:24/14/20 F:+13 R:+14 W:+15 HP:124/124 Freedom of movement, Resist Cold/30, Air Walk 30'

Dren's Init 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 2 = 10 he is still hiding in the rocks with a 23 stealth at the moment. Can't beat his Init.


Vitals:
LD14, Cav 1 INIT:+4, AC:34 (39)/FF:33/T:16, HP:283/216, F:+24 R:+14 W:+17, P: 10
Skills:
Bluff+8,Climb+12,Dip+8,Disg+8,Han An+9,Intim+30,Kn(Nobil)+18,Kn(relig)+8,Perc+10,Ride+10,Spellc+4,Surv+6,Stea lth+8

Edmin groans and shakes his ax at the wee bastage. "Right then! Come along now!Do we really need to go a killing each other here? A partnership between the two of us could be beneficial to us both!"

Edmin prepares for the red cap to come close.


Male Vampire(former Dhampir) Bard(Negotiator) 13/Anti-Paladin/2 - [HP 209/231; AC43,FF36,T22; CMD32; DR/10 magic+silver; F+28,R+29,W+26; Per+31; Init +12]

The Judge has a +4 and Morsum has a +2 Init, no way we can beat him.

Wasn't he really ticked off at Edmin, not the Judge? I thought that he liked the Judge.

Is collapsing to the ground a free action or a move action? If it is a free action (like dropping a shield or weapon), the Judge will collapse to the ground and bluff being unconscious.

Bluff: 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (11) + 15 = 26


Male Human Oracle (FC) 15 Init: +8 Perc: +0 AC:24/14/20 F:+13 R:+14 W:+15 HP:124/124 Freedom of movement, Resist Cold/30, Air Walk 30'

Doug:

You may want to check spring attack, it is part of a full round action so can't be used in a surprise round since you only get a standard action I believe. I think they do this so that you can't get a bunch of actions before the people you suprise can act. You can always house rule it though.


Judge Tohram Quasangi wrote:

The Judge has a +4 and Morsum has a +2 Init, no way we can beat him.

Wasn't he really ticked off at Edmin, not the Judge? I thought that he liked the Judge.

He's ticked at you both, but you look like a softer target. Take down the caster-type first.

Is collapsing to the ground a free action or a move action? If it is a free action (like dropping a shield or weapon), the Judge will collapse to the ground and bluff being unconscious.

Snort. -- I would say that's a free action, but not an immediate one; you have to wait until your init.


M Tiefling Magus/Rogue;
Statistics:
HP 169/169; AC:37/21/29; Saves: +22/+23/+20; Init +10; Per +28(See Invisibility), CMD 42
Misc:
Effects: Resist Cold 30, Fly 30', Telepathic Bond

Round 1
Jax goes, with the others, after the wee lil fey.

"Told you this was a bad idea."

He moves toward the judge carefully, blade in hand. More concerned about the zipping fey than protecting anyone else. He readies his standard action to strike at the creature if it moves by him.


Male Vampire(former Dhampir) Bard(Negotiator) 13/Anti-Paladin/2 - [HP 209/231; AC43,FF36,T22; CMD32; DR/10 magic+silver; F+28,R+29,W+26; Per+31; Init +12]

To confirm, did he attack me and then flee with only a single standard action in the surprise round?


Judge Tohram Quasangi wrote:
To confirm, did he attack me and then flee with only a single standard action in the surprise round?

As three people have now pointed out, that's not how the feat works. So: he does a charge, and ends the surprise round adjacent to the Judge. Since he then proceeded to beat everyone on initiative, not much difference, except that this round he gets a full attack action.


Acid res 30 , Heroism, Sacred Bond, Telepathy, Shield Shield, Invisible, Undetectable
Vital:
HP 99(-)/99; AC 30(38)/tch 20(22)/FF 24(32); CMD 26 (28); F+15 (-)(+4 dis imm Pois, +2 ongoing eff) R +22 (26)W +12(13)(+4 slp/par) Res Elec 5; Init+6(8); Bmbs 3/38 Breath 2/2 Fly 11/15 60ft FF 0/9, Surge 4/5 Leg Surge 2/2
Skills:
Craft: Trap+29 Stealth+26(28) Wind+1 Perc +19 (18) Alchemy+38 DD +23 Spellcraft+24 Arcana+24Nature+24 Rel +24 Fly+22 UMD+16 Surv+23

so souls we act then if he used his action to full attack and then move


Er, no. He used the surprise round to charge (allowable as a SA) and make a single charge attack. Now he's adjacent to the Judge and it's the beginning of Round One.


Acid res 30 , Heroism, Sacred Bond, Telepathy, Shield Shield, Invisible, Undetectable
Vital:
HP 99(-)/99; AC 30(38)/tch 20(22)/FF 24(32); CMD 26 (28); F+15 (-)(+4 dis imm Pois, +2 ongoing eff) R +22 (26)W +12(13)(+4 slp/par) Res Elec 5; Init+6(8); Bmbs 3/38 Breath 2/2 Fly 11/15 60ft FF 0/9, Surge 4/5 Leg Surge 2/2
Skills:
Craft: Trap+29 Stealth+26(28) Wind+1 Perc +19 (18) Alchemy+38 DD +23 Spellcraft+24 Arcana+24Nature+24 Rel +24 Fly+22 UMD+16 Surv+23

oh I thought he was back behind a tree...not sure where I got that


Male Vampire(former Dhampir) Bard(Negotiator) 13/Anti-Paladin/2 - [HP 209/231; AC43,FF36,T22; CMD32; DR/10 magic+silver; F+28,R+29,W+26; Per+31; Init +12]

Ok, lets see if the ranger fan can roll 2+ nat-1s, otherwise with 19 hp, the Judge may not be presiding over any new trials.


Here we go, here we go, here we go! First the scythe: 1d20 ⇒ 7


Ooh, that's close. AC 18, he attacks at +15, Power Attacking so -3 but +1 for Haste... yeah, that hits.

Okay, damage: 2d4 + 22 ⇒ (2, 3) + 22 = 27


Male Vampire(former Dhampir) Bard(Negotiator) 13/Anti-Paladin/2 - [HP 209/231; AC43,FF36,T22; CMD32; DR/10 magic+silver; F+28,R+29,W+26; Per+31; Init +12]

Splat, the Judge crumples to the ground (-8 HP).

Stabilize: 1d20 ⇒ 16 vs DC18 <-- oh so close


Vitals:
LD14, Cav 1 INIT:+4, AC:34 (39)/FF:33/T:16, HP:283/216, F:+24 R:+14 W:+17, P: 10
Skills:
Bluff+8,Climb+12,Dip+8,Disg+8,Han An+9,Intim+30,Kn(Nobil)+18,Kn(relig)+8,Perc+10,Ride+10,Spellc+4,Surv+6,Stea lth+8

Power Attack: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (18) + 11 = 29
Damage: 1d12 + 14 ⇒ (2) + 14 = 16


Init +4; Senses: low-light vision, darkvision 60 ft, scent; Perception +6, AC:32, HP:110/110; SR:10; Fort +12, Ref +8, Will +5; DR 5/good

Attack: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (13) + 6 = 19
Damage: 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6
Trip: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (13) + 5 = 18


Acid res 30 , Heroism, Sacred Bond, Telepathy, Shield Shield, Invisible, Undetectable
Vital:
HP 99(-)/99; AC 30(38)/tch 20(22)/FF 24(32); CMD 26 (28); F+15 (-)(+4 dis imm Pois, +2 ongoing eff) R +22 (26)W +12(13)(+4 slp/par) Res Elec 5; Init+6(8); Bmbs 3/38 Breath 2/2 Fly 11/15 60ft FF 0/9, Surge 4/5 Leg Surge 2/2
Skills:
Craft: Trap+29 Stealth+26(28) Wind+1 Perc +19 (18) Alchemy+38 DD +23 Spellcraft+24 Arcana+24Nature+24 Rel +24 Fly+22 UMD+16 Surv+23

Ulp moves to within 20 feet, and launches a bomb crackling with electricity.

1d20 + 11 ⇒ (19) + 11 = 30 vs touch for 3d6 + 5 + 1 ⇒ (4, 5, 3) + 5 + 1 = 18 automatically dazzled for 1d4 ⇒ 1 rounds


M Tiefling Magus/Rogue;
Statistics:
HP 169/169; AC:37/21/29; Saves: +22/+23/+20; Init +10; Per +28(See Invisibility), CMD 42
Misc:
Effects: Resist Cold 30, Fly 30', Telepathic Bond

"Not the smartest move, friend. You may be able to take out one of us, but you are greatly outnumbered. Not that I really want to fight you."

Jax, on his turn, lifts a hand and traces three symbols in the air. Each one flashes with brief blue light before dissipating into small arcane motes. Suddenly, where several twins of the tiefling appear around himself.
Mirror Image 1d4 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4


I really hate to point this out, but he gets a second attack with the boot.


Ulp wrote:


Ulp moves to within 20 feet, and launches a bomb crackling with electricity.

Just to be clear: neither damage nor dazzling to any of the people gathering around our little friend?


Acid res 30 , Heroism, Sacred Bond, Telepathy, Shield Shield, Invisible, Undetectable
Vital:
HP 99(-)/99; AC 30(38)/tch 20(22)/FF 24(32); CMD 26 (28); F+15 (-)(+4 dis imm Pois, +2 ongoing eff) R +22 (26)W +12(13)(+4 slp/par) Res Elec 5; Init+6(8); Bmbs 3/38 Breath 2/2 Fly 11/15 60ft FF 0/9, Surge 4/5 Leg Surge 2/2
Skills:
Craft: Trap+29 Stealth+26(28) Wind+1 Perc +19 (18) Alchemy+38 DD +23 Spellcraft+24 Arcana+24Nature+24 Rel +24 Fly+22 UMD+16 Surv+23

correct I have precise bombs so as long as I hit my target I can exclude 5 squares


Male Human Oracle (FC) 15 Init: +8 Perc: +0 AC:24/14/20 F:+13 R:+14 W:+15 HP:124/124 Freedom of movement, Resist Cold/30, Air Walk 30'
Douglas Muir 406 wrote:
I really hate to point this out, but he gets a second attack with the boot.

True...that is of course if he wishes to sit in the middle of this group and see what happens to him after he kills one of us.

851 to 900 of 1,219 << first < prev | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / DMDM's Way of the Wicked, Part II: The Dark Tower Gameplay All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.