Broken Towers

Game Master JonGarrett

The Glorious Website
Underground Fortress


4,801 to 4,850 of 5,099 << first < prev | 92 | 93 | 94 | 95 | 96 | 97 | 98 | 99 | 100 | 101 | 102 | next > last >>

Female Fey Kitsune Kitsune Rogue 7 / Trickster Tier 2 | HP: 60/60 - M: 6/7 | AC: 22 T: 18 FF: 14 | F: +4 R: +13 W: +2 (+5 vs. Mind Affecting)| Init: +10 Perc: +10

"There may be something. Consider this a gift from ours to yours. May it be taken as a sign of peace and would-be friendship."

Mihara motions for the gift to be brought and presented.


Witch 8/Arch. 3 | HP: 75/75 | Melee: +5, Ranged: +7 | AC: 26, T: 13, FF: 23, DR: 8 (Blu/Mag) | Fort: +6, Ref: +5, Will: +8 (+4 vs Chan. Ener.) | CMB: +5, CMD: 18 | Init: +12, Perception: +23 |

Azri watched curiously, interested in the reactions to the gift. She'd said she wouldn't object to whatever the others offered, and she planned to be true to her word.


GM of all he Surveys - Still sick, but in a different way

The woman sat forward in interest, fin flapping for a moment as she looked at the gift provided. Her eyes narrowed in thought and focus before widening slightly. "That is...an impressive gift. It is of a small settlement beneath the Eye of Abendengo west of here. It would mean a great deal to them, and quite a bit to our folks, although fewer of us worship Gozreh."

Looking torn for a moment, she sighs. "I think this will convince my people that you are serious, if you will all swear to do us no harm."


A HP: 69/69 | Mythic Points: 9/9pd | Ki Pool: 4/4 || R HP: HP: 42/42 Persona time left: 9 mins, Ext Persona 1/1
Aiday:
AC: 20 + 4 Deflection Bonus when moving, T: 16, FF: 14, SR: 11| Fort: +4/6, Ref: +14/16, Will: +8/12 | CMB: +7, CMD: 23 | Init: +8, Perception: +11
Rinat:
AC: 18 Human, 20 Hybrid & Wolf | T: 11, FF: 12 Human/13 | Fort: +7, Ref: +4, Will +6 | CMB: +4; CMD: +15 (19 vs trip as wolf) | Init +2, Perc: +6. Personas may differ.

Aibek smiled over to Mihara. While Aibek was slightly pleased that the hunch on bringing a peace offering had been useful, Aibek was more happy that Mihara's keen eye had found something that had worked far better than Aibek had imagined and that the Song of the sapiaquali-oths had liked it so much.

"I believe Councilor Mihara was able to get this in Khalharum's markets. I would be happy to ask local merchants to keep an eye out for similar pieces, though she and her kin may be able to do so better than me." Aibek said. While some art appealed to the witchwolf who had done some dabbling in shadow art and a few other things, Aibek didn't feel knowledgeable enough in this type to be able to check into it well. "As for the underwater structures, as I said, we are still cataloging what was left by those who came before us and we wouldn't be able to give them to another to use until that it done and the people are fine with such actions. I'm happy to help find other sites if your people would wish an embassy or meeting space nearer Khalharum before then. I personally would be more than willing to swear a mutual non-aggression pact." Aibek concluded, entirely sincerely though slightly nervous, mind rattling off the list of vows on Aibek's shoulders as the witchwolf looked to the others.

Sense Motive: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (17) + 7 = 24
Diplomacy: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (20) + 10 = 30


GM of all he Surveys - Still sick, but in a different way

Aibek:
She seems vaguely intrigued by your little group, but is more focused on other things. Now that you seem to be no threat she's trying to work out what else she can get to cement this alliance. She does seem to think you're being honest.

The merfolk's eyes scanned across the rest of the group. "One so swears. And the rest?" She smiled slightly as she searched for an answer.


Female Fey Kitsune Kitsune Rogue 7 / Trickster Tier 2 | HP: 60/60 - M: 6/7 | AC: 22 T: 18 FF: 14 | F: +4 R: +13 W: +2 (+5 vs. Mind Affecting)| Init: +10 Perc: +10

"I certainly have no intent of harming you and hours, so long as I can trust you to do the same."

Dark Archive

CG Changeling Heavens Oracle(8) | HP: 87 | AC: 19 T:13 FF:17 | DR: 5/cold iron | CMD:20 | F:+5 R:+4 W:+9* | Init:+5 | Perc:+14 | Darkvision: 60' | Low-light Vision | Speed: 30' | Mythic Power: 7 | True Lore: 2 | Vision: 2 | Cleric Channel(1d6): 11 | Oracle Channel(4d6): 11 | Spells: 1st: 9 | 2nd: 9 | 3rd: 7 | 4th: 5 |

"I agree."


Witch 8/Arch. 3 | HP: 75/75 | Melee: +5, Ranged: +7 | AC: 26, T: 13, FF: 23, DR: 8 (Blu/Mag) | Fort: +6, Ref: +5, Will: +8 (+4 vs Chan. Ener.) | CMB: +5, CMD: 18 | Init: +12, Perception: +23 |

"As I've said, I prefer to do no harm. Offer no threat to us, and I swear you'll have none to fear from me."


GM of all he Surveys - Still sick, but in a different way

"Then it is done. A message shall be sent to your city, telling our people to stand down." The Song gestured extravagantly. "A simple matter, and done. Your city is safe - from us, anyway - and we are safe from you, and appeased." Smiling, she leaned back. "Now, is there anything else you wish to discuss now? Or would you prefer to meet us again in a few weeks to discuss embassies and the like?"

Dark Archive

CG Changeling Heavens Oracle(8) | HP: 87 | AC: 19 T:13 FF:17 | DR: 5/cold iron | CMD:20 | F:+5 R:+4 W:+9* | Init:+5 | Perc:+14 | Darkvision: 60' | Low-light Vision | Speed: 30' | Mythic Power: 7 | True Lore: 2 | Vision: 2 | Cleric Channel(1d6): 11 | Oracle Channel(4d6): 11 | Spells: 1st: 9 | 2nd: 9 | 3rd: 7 | 4th: 5 |

"I have nothing else for this moment. I would like to return quickly and see to Khalharum's people."


A HP: 69/69 | Mythic Points: 9/9pd | Ki Pool: 4/4 || R HP: HP: 42/42 Persona time left: 9 mins, Ext Persona 1/1
Aiday:
AC: 20 + 4 Deflection Bonus when moving, T: 16, FF: 14, SR: 11| Fort: +4/6, Ref: +14/16, Will: +8/12 | CMB: +7, CMD: 23 | Init: +8, Perception: +11
Rinat:
AC: 18 Human, 20 Hybrid & Wolf | T: 11, FF: 12 Human/13 | Fort: +7, Ref: +4, Will +6 | CMB: +4; CMD: +15 (19 vs trip as wolf) | Init +2, Perc: +6. Personas may differ.

Aibek sighed quietly in relief with a smile, both in what the Song had said and that Ayreth had spoken first. The witchwolf had dozens of potential questions and possible topics to discuss, but Aibek - after a long moment's consideration with many of those ideas on the tip of the tongue - nodded in agreement with Ayreth. "As much as I would prefer a more relaxed long conversation now, Councilor Ayreth is correct that it would be best to see to the people in Khalharum and repair the damage they have faced - and with them, as well. I would gladly like to arrange a future meeting before the others and I go though..."

Sense Motive: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (6) + 7 = 13
Diplomacy: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (6) + 10 = 16


GM of all he Surveys - Still sick, but in a different way

"Understandable. You wish to see your city still stands." Looking at the sky for a moment, she says, "I will send details of a meeting to our people in the city, once we have a better idea of our needs."

Unless someone else wished to say more, she bid you all a polite enough farewell before returning to the waters and allowing you all to return to your own ship. The return currents are a little slower and the wind harder to harness, meaning it will likely be morning before you return to Khalharum.

Perception (DC 25):
Something seems to be shadowing the ship in the water.

Dark Archive

CG Changeling Heavens Oracle(8) | HP: 87 | AC: 19 T:13 FF:17 | DR: 5/cold iron | CMD:20 | F:+5 R:+4 W:+9* | Init:+5 | Perc:+14 | Darkvision: 60' | Low-light Vision | Speed: 30' | Mythic Power: 7 | True Lore: 2 | Vision: 2 | Cleric Channel(1d6): 11 | Oracle Channel(4d6): 11 | Spells: 1st: 9 | 2nd: 9 | 3rd: 7 | 4th: 5 |

Per: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (10) + 12 = 22


A HP: 69/69 | Mythic Points: 9/9pd | Ki Pool: 4/4 || R HP: HP: 42/42 Persona time left: 9 mins, Ext Persona 1/1
Aiday:
AC: 20 + 4 Deflection Bonus when moving, T: 16, FF: 14, SR: 11| Fort: +4/6, Ref: +14/16, Will: +8/12 | CMB: +7, CMD: 23 | Init: +8, Perception: +11
Rinat:
AC: 18 Human, 20 Hybrid & Wolf | T: 11, FF: 12 Human/13 | Fort: +7, Ref: +4, Will +6 | CMB: +4; CMD: +15 (19 vs trip as wolf) | Init +2, Perc: +6. Personas may differ.

Aibek thanked Ilariana and those with her for their time and patience and spoke briefly on looking forward to talking to them soon before bowing and waving them off. Aibek retrieved the flag, if possible, before returning to the ship.

Once out of the magic circle, Aibek checked in with the shadows and did some more sewing on what appeared to be a pair of white slippers, looking out to sea now and then.

Perception: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (8) + 10 = 18


Female Fey Kitsune Kitsune Rogue 7 / Trickster Tier 2 | HP: 60/60 - M: 6/7 | AC: 22 T: 18 FF: 14 | F: +4 R: +13 W: +2 (+5 vs. Mind Affecting)| Init: +10 Perc: +10

Perception: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (16) + 9 = 25

Mihara bows politely to their host as well.

Some time later during the return trip, she makes her usual round as ship owner, greeting the captain and first mate. She takes to the sky for a quick aerial survey, and then pauses as something catches her eye.

"We're being followed underwater!" Mihara calls out loudly. "Be prepared for battle!"


A HP: 69/69 | Mythic Points: 9/9pd | Ki Pool: 4/4 || R HP: HP: 42/42 Persona time left: 9 mins, Ext Persona 1/1
Aiday:
AC: 20 + 4 Deflection Bonus when moving, T: 16, FF: 14, SR: 11| Fort: +4/6, Ref: +14/16, Will: +8/12 | CMB: +7, CMD: 23 | Init: +8, Perception: +11
Rinat:
AC: 18 Human, 20 Hybrid & Wolf | T: 11, FF: 12 Human/13 | Fort: +7, Ref: +4, Will +6 | CMB: +4; CMD: +15 (19 vs trip as wolf) | Init +2, Perc: +6. Personas may differ.

Aibek nodded up to Mihara and sighed softly. This would eventually get done. Tucking away the sewing project and storing the bag away is a careful corner. Slowly standing up, and glad that the shadows had returned mostly well to be able to deal if this was an attach, Aibek approached the side to try to spot what Mihara had.

"Maybe they're providing guards out of their territory - or some less happy with peace might be trying to instigate something. Or something else, let's prepare and see if they'll rise first..." Aibek suggested, carefully not raising a weapon - yet. If whoever chose to attack the boat of Mihara's kin, well, at least Aibek still had those potions ready.

Sense Motive: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (18) + 7 = 25


GM of all he Surveys - Still sick, but in a different way

Aibek:
The formation of the group in the water certainly suggests something quite...militant to Aibek. The formation just isn't quite right for an escort, and after the misunderstanding earlier it doesn't seem likely the Merfolk would send a force and not tell you.

A gentle, soothing song begins to eminate from around the ship. There were five sources to the gorgeous music, each overlapping and making the wordless tune more intense, intimate. It weaves inside the minds of everyone on deck, lulling them towards a peace of soul and body that feels exquisite. One of the crew slowly lowers themself to the deck, falling into a deep slumber.

Please make a DC 20 Will Save of enter a state of deep slumber. To wake someone from this state requires a physical injury - a slap dealing non-lethal damage will do the job, but no amount of noise or shaking will.

Dark Archive

CG Changeling Heavens Oracle(8) | HP: 87 | AC: 19 T:13 FF:17 | DR: 5/cold iron | CMD:20 | F:+5 R:+4 W:+9* | Init:+5 | Perc:+14 | Darkvision: 60' | Low-light Vision | Speed: 30' | Mythic Power: 7 | True Lore: 2 | Vision: 2 | Cleric Channel(1d6): 11 | Oracle Channel(4d6): 11 | Spells: 1st: 9 | 2nd: 9 | 3rd: 7 | 4th: 5 |

Will: 1d20 + 8 - 2 ⇒ (1) + 8 - 2 = 7

Haha, very appropriate.


Female Fey Kitsune Kitsune Rogue 7 / Trickster Tier 2 | HP: 60/60 - M: 6/7 | AC: 22 T: 18 FF: 14 | F: +4 R: +13 W: +2 (+5 vs. Mind Affecting)| Init: +10 Perc: +10

I'm guessing this is a mind-affecting effect?

Will: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (6) + 6 = 12

Welp, guess it doesn't matter.

Mihara, still airborne, finds herself inexplicably drawn to the crow's nest for a nap.


A HP: 69/69 | Mythic Points: 9/9pd | Ki Pool: 4/4 || R HP: HP: 42/42 Persona time left: 9 mins, Ext Persona 1/1
Aiday:
AC: 20 + 4 Deflection Bonus when moving, T: 16, FF: 14, SR: 11| Fort: +4/6, Ref: +14/16, Will: +8/12 | CMB: +7, CMD: 23 | Init: +8, Perception: +11
Rinat:
AC: 18 Human, 20 Hybrid & Wolf | T: 11, FF: 12 Human/13 | Fort: +7, Ref: +4, Will +6 | CMB: +4; CMD: +15 (19 vs trip as wolf) | Init +2, Perc: +6. Personas may differ.

"That's...concerningly familiar." Aibek muttered, glancing over to anyone nearby "We seem to have a military or a unit using similar methods tailing us...it would be an odd test or maybe it's someone else..." before returning to watching for anything about the unit that might be useful.

Profession: Shadow Champion for possible further knowledge on the military features: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (8) + 7 = 15

As a song from the sea, Aibek was confused for a moment. Grouped together, they shouldn't need sound to keep track of each other. The melodies started to pull at Aibek...

Will: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (20) + 7 = 27

...before all the will of the shadows pulled Aibek back. Shaking thoughts from the delightful tune and sleep and onto these unusual, but not unheard of tactics, Aibek focused on trying to regrettably slap nearby members of the crew awake. The witchwolf kept an eye out for this new danger, and for Ayreth, choosing not yet to attempt waking her.


Witch 8/Arch. 3 | HP: 75/75 | Melee: +5, Ranged: +7 | AC: 26, T: 13, FF: 23, DR: 8 (Blu/Mag) | Fort: +6, Ref: +5, Will: +8 (+4 vs Chan. Ener.) | CMB: +5, CMD: 18 | Init: +12, Perception: +23 |

Will Save: 1d20 + 7 + 4 ⇒ (16) + 7 + 4 = 27
Perception: 1d20 + 21 ⇒ (16) + 21 = 37

It wasn't very easy to affect Azri with things like sleep... and the Lich frowned as she began striding towards the rear of the ship, backhanding Ayreth across the face to wake her up as she moved.

"We literally JUST got through negotiating about someone's mistake!" Azri called over the edge. "I'd really rather not have to threaten you, too, so please make this easier on yourselves and come talk to us like decent folk."


GM of all he Surveys - Still sick, but in a different way

Azri is able to see a few figures in the water around the ship, and something larger...deeper...

Of more immediate concern are the Gillmen climbing the side of the ship with rather a lot of ease.

A voice rings out in the head of Aibek and Azri. You have answers I desire. I shall take them.


A HP: 69/69 | Mythic Points: 9/9pd | Ki Pool: 4/4 || R HP: HP: 42/42 Persona time left: 9 mins, Ext Persona 1/1
Aiday:
AC: 20 + 4 Deflection Bonus when moving, T: 16, FF: 14, SR: 11| Fort: +4/6, Ref: +14/16, Will: +8/12 | CMB: +7, CMD: 23 | Init: +8, Perception: +11
Rinat:
AC: 18 Human, 20 Hybrid & Wolf | T: 11, FF: 12 Human/13 | Fort: +7, Ref: +4, Will +6 | CMB: +4; CMD: +15 (19 vs trip as wolf) | Init +2, Perc: +6. Personas may differ.

Aibek smiled slightly at Azri's remark. A reply was starting to come to mind when the odd voice burned through Aibek's mind.

"I don't like the sound of that "take"." Aibek growled, forming a shadowblade crossbow in hand and prepared to shift for better use of teeth and claws.

Dark Archive

CG Changeling Heavens Oracle(8) | HP: 87 | AC: 19 T:13 FF:17 | DR: 5/cold iron | CMD:20 | F:+5 R:+4 W:+9* | Init:+5 | Perc:+14 | Darkvision: 60' | Low-light Vision | Speed: 30' | Mythic Power: 7 | True Lore: 2 | Vision: 2 | Cleric Channel(1d6): 11 | Oracle Channel(4d6): 11 | Spells: 1st: 9 | 2nd: 9 | 3rd: 7 | 4th: 5 |

Yowser, that was aggressive, Azri.

Ayreth wakes to the sight of Azri's back and wonders what is happening. While finding her feet, the voice rings in her mind. In response, she activates her aura and looks around for the rest of her friends.

Buff: +2 luck bonus to attack and damage.
-------------------------------------------------------------------

MP: 6/7

Edit: Does my DR actually prevent me from being woken? Unless Azri does more than 5?


GM of all he Surveys - Still sick, but in a different way

As hilarious as that would be - that you're too tough to wake up - we'll assume that a hard slap will do the job.


Female Fey Kitsune Kitsune Rogue 7 / Trickster Tier 2 | HP: 60/60 - M: 6/7 | AC: 22 T: 18 FF: 14 | F: +4 R: +13 W: +2 (+5 vs. Mind Affecting)| Init: +10 Perc: +10

And there I decided to be flavorful... and stuck myself in the crow's nest. Can anyone wake me up?


Witch 8/Arch. 3 | HP: 75/75 | Melee: +5, Ranged: +7 | AC: 26, T: 13, FF: 23, DR: 8 (Blu/Mag) | Fort: +6, Ref: +5, Will: +8 (+4 vs Chan. Ener.) | CMB: +5, CMD: 18 | Init: +12, Perception: +23 |

I thought it would be easier, given her direction of movement. XD

"Ah, so more people simply making demands of us?" Azri pondered aloud. "Perhaps I didn't make myself clear the first time, and if so, I apologize for the confusion. Allow me to correct my statements."

Intimidate: 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (16) + 15 = 31

"I DON'T PUT UP WITH THIS KIND OF NONSENSE. THREATEN TO TAKE WHAT'S OURS AGAIN AND I'LL SHOVE YOUR FACE INTO A SHARK'S MOUTH."

Her voice suddenly returned to its normal, friendlier tone.

"Or you can learn the lessons others have without making their mistakes and just ask for something you want. Heck, we might even give it free of charge if you want to be friends. We're pretty mercantile, after all, and we really do want to have positive relationships with our neighbors. But I'm starting to get the feeling that we're going to have to make a really public example of someone to discourage stupid people from bothering us and thinking that our friendliness means we're weak and can be pushed around. I mean, you're not even the first group in the last two days that's tried to bother us like this, so... please consider how much you're ready to lose today and whether or not that outweighs at least attempting to form a better relationship instead."

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (15) + 5 = 20


A HP: 69/69 | Mythic Points: 9/9pd | Ki Pool: 4/4 || R HP: HP: 42/42 Persona time left: 9 mins, Ext Persona 1/1
Aiday:
AC: 20 + 4 Deflection Bonus when moving, T: 16, FF: 14, SR: 11| Fort: +4/6, Ref: +14/16, Will: +8/12 | CMB: +7, CMD: 23 | Init: +8, Perception: +11
Rinat:
AC: 18 Human, 20 Hybrid & Wolf | T: 11, FF: 12 Human/13 | Fort: +7, Ref: +4, Will +6 | CMB: +4; CMD: +15 (19 vs trip as wolf) | Init +2, Perc: +6. Personas may differ.

Aibek nodded to what Azri said, both agreeing with the sentiments and glad the threat was, well, it would be difficult to say sensible when using sharks, as cool as the image was, but at least Azri was only bringing herself into this action rather than all of Khalharum into it...

Seeing Ayreth up, Aibek looked around for Mihara and after waking her and filling her in, the witchwolf chose for the moment to use the additional height to have a look...and aim the crossbow.

Perception: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (18) + 10 = 28


GM of all he Surveys - Still sick, but in a different way

Yay, everyone's awake again.]

The clambering Gillmen paused for a moment at Azri's comments, obviously less willing to attack the ship. The voice crackled out again, loudly reverberating across the mental landscapes of everyone. You got a distinct feeling it was mostly bleedover from the directions pounded into the Gillmen, rather that directed at you all. "You DARE defy MY orders? You know the consequences will be PAIN."

Intimidate: 1d20 + 22 ⇒ (11) + 22 = 33

The Gillmen, as a group, winced at the mental assault and climbed fast, alighting on the deck nearly at the same moment. Twelve of the things in total look around, and several begin moving towards the mostly unconscious crew of Mihara's family ship.

Dark Archive

CG Changeling Heavens Oracle(8) | HP: 87 | AC: 19 T:13 FF:17 | DR: 5/cold iron | CMD:20 | F:+5 R:+4 W:+9* | Init:+5 | Perc:+14 | Darkvision: 60' | Low-light Vision | Speed: 30' | Mythic Power: 7 | True Lore: 2 | Vision: 2 | Cleric Channel(1d6): 11 | Oracle Channel(4d6): 11 | Spells: 1st: 9 | 2nd: 9 | 3rd: 7 | 4th: 5 |

Ayreth does what she can to mitigate the invading group with a shower of sparks.

Buff: +2 luck bonus to attack and damage.
-------------------------------------------------------------------

Cast Color Spray
Revelation: Awesome Display (Su)(-10): Your phantasmagoric displays accurately model the mysteries of the night sky, dumbfounding all who behold them. Each creature affected by your illusion (pattern) spells is treated as if its total number of Hit Dice were equal to its number of Hit Dice minus your Charisma modifier.

MP: 6/7
1st: 8/9


Female Fey Kitsune Kitsune Rogue 7 / Trickster Tier 2 | HP: 60/60 - M: 6/7 | AC: 22 T: 18 FF: 14 | F: +4 R: +13 W: +2 (+5 vs. Mind Affecting)| Init: +10 Perc: +10

Do we recognize the brainvoice?


GM of all he Surveys - Still sick, but in a different way

No, it's utterly alien.


A HP: 69/69 | Mythic Points: 9/9pd | Ki Pool: 4/4 || R HP: HP: 42/42 Persona time left: 9 mins, Ext Persona 1/1
Aiday:
AC: 20 + 4 Deflection Bonus when moving, T: 16, FF: 14, SR: 11| Fort: +4/6, Ref: +14/16, Will: +8/12 | CMB: +7, CMD: 23 | Init: +8, Perception: +11
Rinat:
AC: 18 Human, 20 Hybrid & Wolf | T: 11, FF: 12 Human/13 | Fort: +7, Ref: +4, Will +6 | CMB: +4; CMD: +15 (19 vs trip as wolf) | Init +2, Perc: +6. Personas may differ.

Aibek winced slightly and growled at the alien voice, familiar feelings of having one's strings pulled in combat and fighting those also being pulled came to the shadow assassin. In war or now, it doesn't, couldn't matter.

Pushing the memories down, Aibek took aim at one getting too close to Mihara's kin.

Attack:Shadowblade Crossbow: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (4) + 9 = 13Damage: 1d8 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4

An awkward mix of Tien and Senzar swearing came out of Aibek while trying again to re-aim the shot...


Female Fey Kitsune Kitsune Rogue 7 / Trickster Tier 2 | HP: 60/60 - M: 6/7 | AC: 22 T: 18 FF: 14 | F: +4 R: +13 W: +2 (+5 vs. Mind Affecting)| Init: +10 Perc: +10

Mihara swoops dramatically down from the crow's nest, frustrated at having been had with such a spell. She draws her blades on the way down, and stands between the gillmen and her crew.

"I cannot allow you to harm my people. I do not wish to see you come to harm either. Who is that voice who commands you? I believe we can help you be free."

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 16 ⇒ (19) + 16 = 35

If that diplomacy doesn't count as my Standard Action, I'll use it to ready an attack at anyone who approaches aggressively.


GM of all he Surveys - Still sick, but in a different way

You can take a standard action too.

Will Save: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (7) + 4 = 11
Will Save: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (11) + 4 = 15
Ayreth was able to catch two of the Gillmen with her spell, where they stood around looking blank and blinking there eyes furiously.

Once again, the attackers stopped at Mihara's words. Once again the voice cracked, bleeding into your minds, Will you keep allowing pretty words to sway you? You know your places and your tasks.

Intimidate: 1d20 + 22 ⇒ (16) + 22 = 38

With a shudder the Gillmen continued, grabbing members of the crew or in two cases there stunned allies. It was clear this was an abduction rather than an assault.

Mihara can use her standard action and Azri can go before the next round. 8 Gillmen have grabbed a crewman, 2 are Blind and Stunned and 2 are helping them.


A HP: 69/69 | Mythic Points: 9/9pd | Ki Pool: 4/4 || R HP: HP: 42/42 Persona time left: 9 mins, Ext Persona 1/1
Aiday:
AC: 20 + 4 Deflection Bonus when moving, T: 16, FF: 14, SR: 11| Fort: +4/6, Ref: +14/16, Will: +8/12 | CMB: +7, CMD: 23 | Init: +8, Perception: +11
Rinat:
AC: 18 Human, 20 Hybrid & Wolf | T: 11, FF: 12 Human/13 | Fort: +7, Ref: +4, Will +6 | CMB: +4; CMD: +15 (19 vs trip as wolf) | Init +2, Perc: +6. Personas may differ.

The words pull deeply at Aibek. One's place is in one's role, one's tasks are to fulfill the role's duties or vows to the best of one's ability, no matter the personal cost. There are no individuals in war, especially not among the bound...

Aibek took a shaky breath while taking the next shot at one of the Gillmen who held Mihara's kin...
Shadow crossbow shot: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (15) + 9 = 24Damage: 1d8 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4

...before beginning to move down from the crow's nest to deal with them in a more hands-on fashion that Aibek was well accustomed to doing.


Witch 8/Arch. 3 | HP: 75/75 | Melee: +5, Ranged: +7 | AC: 26, T: 13, FF: 23, DR: 8 (Blu/Mag) | Fort: +6, Ref: +5, Will: +8 (+4 vs Chan. Ener.) | CMB: +5, CMD: 18 | Init: +12, Perception: +23 |

Feeling a little annoyed at something that was more intimidating than her - that didn't happen often - and sighed heavily. Then she tapped her foot slightly on the deck, focused on the wellspring of unfathomable power within her, and hurled it towards the group of Gillmen, forcing a cloud of nauseating gas into existence. That ought to distract them.

Wild Arcana: Casting Stinking Cloud at CL 8. Fort DC 21 negates.


GM of all he Surveys - Still sick, but in a different way

Fortitude: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (6) + 6 = 12
Fortitude: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (17) + 6 = 23
Fortitude: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (8) + 6 = 14

Three more of the Gillmen were caught in Azri's spell, and two began wretching and hacking from the spell. The third grabbed a Crewman on the deck and the three began to retreat.

Mihara still has her standard action.


Female Fey Kitsune Kitsune Rogue 7 / Trickster Tier 2 | HP: 60/60 - M: 6/7 | AC: 22 T: 18 FF: 14 | F: +4 R: +13 W: +2 (+5 vs. Mind Affecting)| Init: +10 Perc: +10

Mihara strikes a swift, clean thrust at one of the gillmen approaching the crew.

Short Sword: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (10) + 14 = 24Damage: 1d6 + 9 ⇒ (5) + 9 = 14

Following this, she touches her fingers to the gem of her diadem, and focuses on the energies within.

"Honoka, I call upon your services."

The wind resounds with the strum of a stringed instrument, and as each creature present blinks, they notice the appearance of a being amongst them: A three tailed white fox at Mihara's heel.

"Wake as many of the crew as you can. They are in danger and need to be able to defend themselves."

Honoka, Mihara's eidolon granted by the Diadem of Yunet will move about and to her best to avoid attacks by the Gillmen, while using her actions to wake up as many of the crew as possible.


GM of all he Surveys - Still sick, but in a different way

Three of the crew who either hadn't fallen asleep or been awakened by the one woken earlier also rush to wake people up. Honoka and the crew went for the members being dragged, awakening them and in the crew's case trying to bull them out of the Gillmen's grip.

Opposed Strength (Crew): 1d20 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 2 + 2 = 10 - Opposed Strength (Gillmen): 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (7) + 4 = 11
Opposed Strength (Crew): 1d20 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (19) + 2 + 2 = 23 - Opposed Strength (Gillmen): 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (10) + 4 = 14
Opposed Strength (Crew): 1d20 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (14) + 2 + 2 = 18 - Opposed Strength (Gillmen): 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 4 = 10

Two of the crew are yanked out of the Gillmen's grasp, but five are dragged to the edge of the ship on each side.

Dark Archive

CG Changeling Heavens Oracle(8) | HP: 87 | AC: 19 T:13 FF:17 | DR: 5/cold iron | CMD:20 | F:+5 R:+4 W:+9* | Init:+5 | Perc:+14 | Darkvision: 60' | Low-light Vision | Speed: 30' | Mythic Power: 7 | True Lore: 2 | Vision: 2 | Cleric Channel(1d6): 11 | Oracle Channel(4d6): 11 | Spells: 1st: 9 | 2nd: 9 | 3rd: 7 | 4th: 5 |

"No, no, stay here for a moment." Ayreth sends out a cloud of lights to stop the Gillmen from going overboard.

Buff: +2 luck bonus to attack and damage.
-------------------------------------------------------------------

Cast Hypnotic Pattern (DC:22)
Affects: 2d4 + 8 ⇒ (4, 2) + 8 = 14 HD worth of creatures and each counts as -10

Revelation: Awesome Display (Su)(-10): Each creature affected by your illusion (pattern) spells is treated as if its total number of Hit Dice were equal to its number of Hit Dice minus your Charisma modifier.

MP: 6/7
1st: 8/9
2nd: 7/8


Witch 8/Arch. 3 | HP: 75/75 | Melee: +5, Ranged: +7 | AC: 26, T: 13, FF: 23, DR: 8 (Blu/Mag) | Fort: +6, Ref: +5, Will: +8 (+4 vs Chan. Ener.) | CMB: +5, CMD: 18 | Init: +12, Perception: +23 |

Azri didn't have much in the way of spells that wouldn't also hurt the crew - so, instead, she began to unleash deadly rays of heat that offered a more pinpoint strike, focusing on the gillmen closest to bringing crew overboard.

Blossoming Fire, Ranged Touch Attack: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (20) + 6 = 26 for Fire Damage: 4d6 ⇒ (6, 2, 5, 1) = 14
Crit Confirm?: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (8) + 6 = 14 for Damage: 4d6 ⇒ (3, 6, 2, 1) = 12


Female Fey Kitsune Kitsune Rogue 7 / Trickster Tier 2 | HP: 60/60 - M: 6/7 | AC: 22 T: 18 FF: 14 | F: +4 R: +13 W: +2 (+5 vs. Mind Affecting)| Init: +10 Perc: +10

I'm getting really confused with this combat. How many gillmen are there, and are we in initiative?


GM of all he Surveys - Still sick, but in a different way

Well, we never rolled - but effectively yes. In this case there isn't a danger to you, but if they aren't stopped they will steal a crew member. There are 12 Gillmen in total. Two are Stunned, and being helped by two more of them. Two more are wretching. Of the six left two were relieved of there cargo, and therefore four are still dragging crewmen to the edge.


A HP: 69/69 | Mythic Points: 9/9pd | Ki Pool: 4/4 || R HP: HP: 42/42 Persona time left: 9 mins, Ext Persona 1/1
Aiday:
AC: 20 + 4 Deflection Bonus when moving, T: 16, FF: 14, SR: 11| Fort: +4/6, Ref: +14/16, Will: +8/12 | CMB: +7, CMD: 23 | Init: +8, Perception: +11
Rinat:
AC: 18 Human, 20 Hybrid & Wolf | T: 11, FF: 12 Human/13 | Fort: +7, Ref: +4, Will +6 | CMB: +4; CMD: +15 (19 vs trip as wolf) | Init +2, Perc: +6. Personas may differ.

Shadows quickly moving to cover claws as Aibek growled a once well-worn phrase, "Your commander chose poorly..." and struck at one of the Gillman holding one of the crew, hoping to knock them enough for the crew to get loose.

Intimidate: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (5) + 8 = 13

Shadowblade Claw attack: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (18) + 11 = 29 Damage: 1d6 + 8 ⇒ (1) + 8 = 9


Female Fey Kitsune Kitsune Rogue 7 / Trickster Tier 2 | HP: 60/60 - M: 6/7 | AC: 22 T: 18 FF: 14 | F: +4 R: +13 W: +2 (+5 vs. Mind Affecting)| Init: +10 Perc: +10

Mihara disengages from melee and turns to the Gillmen still carrying crewmembers, smirking to herself. Perhaps irony was the best way to go about this.

... what was that family song again... ahh, yes.

Mihara whispers a soft song speaking of 'the fairest maiden in all of Tien'. The sung expunges first on her fair beauty, her pure smile, and her apparent innocence. Then, her voice raises dramatically as the verses turn, boasting of the maiden's quick hands, and the sharpness of her iron fans, and her shocking spilling of the corrupt emperor's blood.

Spell-Like Ability: Deep Slumber affecting as many of the Gillmen as possible, prioritizing the ones still carrying crew.


GM of all he Surveys - Still sick, but in a different way

Will Save (Hypnotic Pattern): 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 4 = 10
Will Save (Hypnotic Pattern): 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (11) + 4 = 15
Will Save (Deep Slumber): 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (11) + 4 = 15
Will Save (Deep Slumber): 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (19) + 4 = 23
Will Save (Deep Slumber): 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (14) + 4 = 18

Ayreth fascinated two, and another two collapsed into sleep, and probably didn't appreciate the irony. Another fell to Azri and Aibek's attack.

With the crew safe the remaining functional attackers switched to escaping with there own injured or sleeping comrades. Unfortunately for them there were not enough of them not stunned, sickened, fascinated or asleep to grab them all. Four of the attackers are left behind.


A HP: 69/69 | Mythic Points: 9/9pd | Ki Pool: 4/4 || R HP: HP: 42/42 Persona time left: 9 mins, Ext Persona 1/1
Aiday:
AC: 20 + 4 Deflection Bonus when moving, T: 16, FF: 14, SR: 11| Fort: +4/6, Ref: +14/16, Will: +8/12 | CMB: +7, CMD: 23 | Init: +8, Perception: +11
Rinat:
AC: 18 Human, 20 Hybrid & Wolf | T: 11, FF: 12 Human/13 | Fort: +7, Ref: +4, Will +6 | CMB: +4; CMD: +15 (19 vs trip as wolf) | Init +2, Perc: +6. Personas may differ.

Aibek watched the leaving attackers for a moment before turning to look at those they had left behind. Trying to calm down, the tense witchwolf said, "As they attacked your kin's ship, Mihara, it's up to you and them what we do with these people...some answers would nice, I think." This both made the most sense to Aibek - and Aibek was unsure if they trusted themself at that moment with their head buzzing as it was.


Female Fey Kitsune Kitsune Rogue 7 / Trickster Tier 2 | HP: 60/60 - M: 6/7 | AC: 22 T: 18 FF: 14 | F: +4 R: +13 W: +2 (+5 vs. Mind Affecting)| Init: +10 Perc: +10

"I quite agree, Aibek. I'm not keen on any summary punishment, given that it's quite clear they're being forced into another's bidding, and I would much like to know what this was all about."

Dark Archive

CG Changeling Heavens Oracle(8) | HP: 87 | AC: 19 T:13 FF:17 | DR: 5/cold iron | CMD:20 | F:+5 R:+4 W:+9* | Init:+5 | Perc:+14 | Darkvision: 60' | Low-light Vision | Speed: 30' | Mythic Power: 7 | True Lore: 2 | Vision: 2 | Cleric Channel(1d6): 11 | Oracle Channel(4d6): 11 | Spells: 1st: 9 | 2nd: 9 | 3rd: 7 | 4th: 5 |

Ayreth rubs the sore spot on her cheek as she helps to check on the well-being of the crew and to wake any that are still sleeping. "I think our liaison did not go unnoticed by the enemies of the merfolk. Or that is quite the coincidence."

4,801 to 4,850 of 5,099 << first < prev | 92 | 93 | 94 | 95 | 96 | 97 | 98 | 99 | 100 | 101 | 102 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Broken Towers All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.