Broken Towers

Game Master JonGarrett

The Glorious Website
Underground Fortress


4,751 to 4,800 of 5,099 << first < prev | 91 | 92 | 93 | 94 | 95 | 96 | 97 | 98 | 99 | 100 | 101 | next > last >>

GM of all he Surveys - Still sick, but in a different way

Oh, someone really needs to Aid Another Ayreth.


Witch 8/Arch. 3 | HP: 75/75 | Melee: +5, Ranged: +7 | AC: 26, T: 13, FF: 23, DR: 8 (Blu/Mag) | Fort: +6, Ref: +5, Will: +8 (+4 vs Chan. Ener.) | CMB: +5, CMD: 18 | Init: +12, Perception: +23 |

Aid Another I Literally Can't Fail: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (1) + 13 = 14 *Snkahahahahahahaha*

Dark Archive

CG Changeling Heavens Oracle(8) | HP: 87 | AC: 19 T:13 FF:17 | DR: 5/cold iron | CMD:20 | F:+5 R:+4 W:+9* | Init:+5 | Perc:+14 | Darkvision: 60' | Low-light Vision | Speed: 30' | Mythic Power: 7 | True Lore: 2 | Vision: 2 | Cleric Channel(1d6): 11 | Oracle Channel(4d6): 11 | Spells: 1st: 9 | 2nd: 9 | 3rd: 7 | 4th: 5 |
Azri, the Lich of Khalharum wrote:
[dice=Aid Another I Literally Can't Fail]1d20 + 13 *Snkahahahahahahaha*

Wow, you sure tried, though. Also, is Saiga really not joining us?

"There is something about the pillars... oh wow, magic will not work inside there. Except there is an active spell; I don't know how to explain it. It will be very difficult to be deceptive inside the ring."


Male. Mostly. Human. Mostly. Archaeologist

Saiga is off doing a Side Story we'd intended to do, but depression kicking me in the face meant I hadn't actually gotten started. His leaving the party temporarily allows for that story to happen, although it'll take place before this section. Except maybe an epilogue.


A HP: 69/69 | Mythic Points: 9/9pd | Ki Pool: 4/4 || R HP: HP: 42/42 Persona time left: 9 mins, Ext Persona 1/1
Aiday:
AC: 20 + 4 Deflection Bonus when moving, T: 16, FF: 14, SR: 11| Fort: +4/6, Ref: +14/16, Will: +8/12 | CMB: +7, CMD: 23 | Init: +8, Perception: +11
Rinat:
AC: 18 Human, 20 Hybrid & Wolf | T: 11, FF: 12 Human/13 | Fort: +7, Ref: +4, Will +6 | CMB: +4; CMD: +15 (19 vs trip as wolf) | Init +2, Perc: +6. Personas may differ.

"Very smart of them and may work well for us...hopefully." Aibek said while double checking the quickly sewn flag was tightly in place again, before returning back to another sewing project the witchwolf had brought along to keep busy and anxiety down.


Witch 8/Arch. 3 | HP: 75/75 | Melee: +5, Ranged: +7 | AC: 26, T: 13, FF: 23, DR: 8 (Blu/Mag) | Fort: +6, Ref: +5, Will: +8 (+4 vs Chan. Ener.) | CMB: +5, CMD: 18 | Init: +12, Perception: +23 |

"How cute." said Azri, whose nature was a little more complex than that. Her Mortal Visage was a mundane attribute, not magic, so general antimagic powers wouldn't do a thing to thwart her disguise. It was probably for the best. Most creatures had opinions about Dead People.


GM of all he Surveys - Still sick, but in a different way

Entering the anti-magic field had not noticeable effect - Azri's mortal visage didn't collapse, Aibek and Mihara both felt like they could still take on their alternative forms, and Ayreth could still feel her passenger - but there was certainly the sense that something was now missing.

In the middle of the Atoll's inner bay was an obviously mortal made second island, almost invisible from beyond its shores. Two small piers extend from either side, and a pavilion with a circular table is set up in the middle. A tall flagpole extends behind the table, on the edge of the artificial island.


Female Fey Kitsune Kitsune Rogue 7 / Trickster Tier 2 | HP: 60/60 - M: 6/7 | AC: 22 T: 18 FF: 14 | F: +4 R: +13 W: +2 (+5 vs. Mind Affecting)| Init: +10 Perc: +10

Mihara sniffs at the air as her boat crosses into the barrier, curious about the changes in the atmosphere. Wary from Ayreth's warning, she attempts to shift from one side of the boat to the other.

Mihara's trying to Long Step to assert whether or not that still works within the antimagic field. Do supernatural abilities still work in here?


Male. Mostly. Human. Mostly. Archaeologist

Mihara isn't able to use her Long Step. The magic that she would call to use it simply does not come.

Supernatural and spell-like abilities don't work. If you did try to change shape, for example, you wouldn't be able to. It doesn't feel like that right now, however. Extraordinary abilities, however, are unaffected.

Dark Archive

CG Changeling Heavens Oracle(8) | HP: 87 | AC: 19 T:13 FF:17 | DR: 5/cold iron | CMD:20 | F:+5 R:+4 W:+9* | Init:+5 | Perc:+14 | Darkvision: 60' | Low-light Vision | Speed: 30' | Mythic Power: 7 | True Lore: 2 | Vision: 2 | Cleric Channel(1d6): 11 | Oracle Channel(4d6): 11 | Spells: 1st: 9 | 2nd: 9 | 3rd: 7 | 4th: 5 |

"Do you think we are supposed to fly our flag there?"


Witch 8/Arch. 3 | HP: 75/75 | Melee: +5, Ranged: +7 | AC: 26, T: 13, FF: 23, DR: 8 (Blu/Mag) | Fort: +6, Ref: +5, Will: +8 (+4 vs Chan. Ener.) | CMB: +5, CMD: 18 | Init: +12, Perception: +23 |

"We have a flag?" Azri asked, trying to remember if they'd ever actually flown one. If they hadn't, maybe they needed to get one. Nexus would probably like to see some old design re-used...

Dark Archive

CG Changeling Heavens Oracle(8) | HP: 87 | AC: 19 T:13 FF:17 | DR: 5/cold iron | CMD:20 | F:+5 R:+4 W:+9* | Init:+5 | Perc:+14 | Darkvision: 60' | Low-light Vision | Speed: 30' | Mythic Power: 7 | True Lore: 2 | Vision: 2 | Cleric Channel(1d6): 11 | Oracle Channel(4d6): 11 | Spells: 1st: 9 | 2nd: 9 | 3rd: 7 | 4th: 5 |

"The one the merfolk asked us to show we mean to parley, the one Aibek has been working on during this voyage."


A HP: 69/69 | Mythic Points: 9/9pd | Ki Pool: 4/4 || R HP: HP: 42/42 Persona time left: 9 mins, Ext Persona 1/1
Aiday:
AC: 20 + 4 Deflection Bonus when moving, T: 16, FF: 14, SR: 11| Fort: +4/6, Ref: +14/16, Will: +8/12 | CMB: +7, CMD: 23 | Init: +8, Perception: +11
Rinat:
AC: 18 Human, 20 Hybrid & Wolf | T: 11, FF: 12 Human/13 | Fort: +7, Ref: +4, Will +6 | CMB: +4; CMD: +15 (19 vs trip as wolf) | Init +2, Perc: +6. Personas may differ.

Aibek shrugged, considering what could be seen while packing away the other fabrics, "I'm not sure...I thought it was meant to be on the ship...but I guess it would make sense if the flag is to call someone to put it on something really visible like that."

Walking back over to where the flag had been hung, Aibek looked down in confusion for a moment - being still corporeal without actively trying to be while walking was now somewhat weird for the shadow archon. "Well, that's...that's a thing right now". Aibek remarks uncomfortably before returning to get the flag to take to the flagpole.


Female Fey Kitsune Kitsune Rogue 7 / Trickster Tier 2 | HP: 60/60 - M: 6/7 | AC: 22 T: 18 FF: 14 | F: +4 R: +13 W: +2 (+5 vs. Mind Affecting)| Init: +10 Perc: +10

Throughout the conversation, Mihara remained oddly silent, given her usual pleasant disposition. Whatever was blocking her magic, it was making her rather uncomfortable. This human mask was almost as much her as her true forms, but the idea that she couldn't remove it if she so willed was quite distressing.


GM of all he Surveys - Still sick, but in a different way

After a somewhat uncomfortable few minutes, a darkn skinned figure with azure hair slipped out of the water and walked onto the shore, a long tail forming into scale-covered legs as shemoved from the sea holding a staff. She looks around the group in what seems like mild curiosity. "Petitioners. Who has come forth, seeking to speak with the sapiaquali-oths, and why?"

Dark Archive

CG Changeling Heavens Oracle(8) | HP: 87 | AC: 19 T:13 FF:17 | DR: 5/cold iron | CMD:20 | F:+5 R:+4 W:+9* | Init:+5 | Perc:+14 | Darkvision: 60' | Low-light Vision | Speed: 30' | Mythic Power: 7 | True Lore: 2 | Vision: 2 | Cleric Channel(1d6): 11 | Oracle Channel(4d6): 11 | Spells: 1st: 9 | 2nd: 9 | 3rd: 7 | 4th: 5 |

In spite of the uneasy feeling and the goosebumps on her arms, Ayreth steps forward to speak. "We are Councilors of Khalharum; Aibek, Mihara, Azri, and I am Ayreth. Your forces currently assault our city because of threats made during an altercation just off our shore. After speaking to your Lady Ominai, I believe that we acted in haste, thinking your people the aggressors. While our defense of Khalharum remains resolute, we have come here to seek a peaceful resolution rather than an escalation of this conflict."


A HP: 69/69 | Mythic Points: 9/9pd | Ki Pool: 4/4 || R HP: HP: 42/42 Persona time left: 9 mins, Ext Persona 1/1
Aiday:
AC: 20 + 4 Deflection Bonus when moving, T: 16, FF: 14, SR: 11| Fort: +4/6, Ref: +14/16, Will: +8/12 | CMB: +7, CMD: 23 | Init: +8, Perception: +11
Rinat:
AC: 18 Human, 20 Hybrid & Wolf | T: 11, FF: 12 Human/13 | Fort: +7, Ref: +4, Will +6 | CMB: +4; CMD: +15 (19 vs trip as wolf) | Init +2, Perc: +6. Personas may differ.

Aibek stood next to Ayreth, a few steps behind. Goggles on their head and Aibek's face entirely uncovered, the witchwolf bowed to the women talking, "I am an Aibek. I appreciate one of yours speaking to Councilor Ayreth in the dreams in these circumstances and arranging this with her."

Sense Motive: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (6) + 7 = 13
Diplomacy: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (5) + 10 = 15


GM of all he Surveys - Still sick, but in a different way

Aibek didn't get any sense of hostility from the woman, or anything else really. She seemed quite neutral towards you all.

The merwoman tilted her head as she listened to the introductions. "You wish to seek a peaceful resoloution? An interesting occurance, from surface dwellers, with the recomendation of Ominai. Perhaps worth some deliberation."

Raising her staff for a moment, she brought it down with a hard motion. Surprisingly the stone below made something more of a deep chime. Somewhere beneath the land of the atoll a deep trumpet sounded once in return, and the woman gestured towards the round table. "Be seated, please. If you wish to procure refreshments for yourself or other items then now is the time. Weapons and armour may be worn as you wish, but shall remain sheathed during the talks. The drawing of the weapon or the circumvention of the magic placed here will mean the end of negotiations." She stood to one side, awaiting the arrival of the rest of her party or questions from yourselves.

Dark Archive

CG Changeling Heavens Oracle(8) | HP: 87 | AC: 19 T:13 FF:17 | DR: 5/cold iron | CMD:20 | F:+5 R:+4 W:+9* | Init:+5 | Perc:+14 | Darkvision: 60' | Low-light Vision | Speed: 30' | Mythic Power: 7 | True Lore: 2 | Vision: 2 | Cleric Channel(1d6): 11 | Oracle Channel(4d6): 11 | Spells: 1st: 9 | 2nd: 9 | 3rd: 7 | 4th: 5 |

Ayreth looks back at the others with the "We're good with that?" look. If she receives the all clear, she will take a seat.


Witch 8/Arch. 3 | HP: 75/75 | Melee: +5, Ranged: +7 | AC: 26, T: 13, FF: 23, DR: 8 (Blu/Mag) | Fort: +6, Ref: +5, Will: +8 (+4 vs Chan. Ener.) | CMB: +5, CMD: 18 | Init: +12, Perception: +23 |

"I have no objections." Azri said smoothly. "I, for one, would certainly prefer to be at peace with our neighbors. Those who offer courtesy shall receive the same."


Female Fey Kitsune Kitsune Rogue 7 / Trickster Tier 2 | HP: 60/60 - M: 6/7 | AC: 22 T: 18 FF: 14 | F: +4 R: +13 W: +2 (+5 vs. Mind Affecting)| Init: +10 Perc: +10

Mihara takes a seat at the table, bowing politely as she does.

"I agree to these terms. I much prefer to make friends than enemies, and the sooner we can set this little... ahem...", Mihara shot a glance at Azri, "...incident behind us, the better."

Mihara thought of offering their host a drink from her ship's reserves, but she hesitated. Did merfolk enjoy drinks, or did living underwater circumvent this?

I'm trying to get the scene, a bit confused. You mentioned 'The table', but that was the first mention of it. Where are we now, exactly?


Male. Mostly. Human. Mostly. Archaeologist

That would be the same table mentioned back in the post on Wednesday, establishing what the small island in the middle of the atoll looks like. You're still on the artificial island in the middle of the atoll with the flag pole on it.

Dark Archive

CG Changeling Heavens Oracle(8) | HP: 87 | AC: 19 T:13 FF:17 | DR: 5/cold iron | CMD:20 | F:+5 R:+4 W:+9* | Init:+5 | Perc:+14 | Darkvision: 60' | Low-light Vision | Speed: 30' | Mythic Power: 7 | True Lore: 2 | Vision: 2 | Cleric Channel(1d6): 11 | Oracle Channel(4d6): 11 | Spells: 1st: 9 | 2nd: 9 | 3rd: 7 | 4th: 5 |
Overlord Jon wrote:
In the middle of the Atoll's inner bay was an obviously mortal made second island, almost invisible from beyond its shores. Two small piers extend from either side, and a pavilion with a circular table is set up in the middle. A tall flagpole extends behind the table, on the edge of the artificial island.


Female Fey Kitsune Kitsune Rogue 7 / Trickster Tier 2 | HP: 60/60 - M: 6/7 | AC: 22 T: 18 FF: 14 | F: +4 R: +13 W: +2 (+5 vs. Mind Affecting)| Init: +10 Perc: +10

Woops. Thanks.


A HP: 69/69 | Mythic Points: 9/9pd | Ki Pool: 4/4 || R HP: HP: 42/42 Persona time left: 9 mins, Ext Persona 1/1
Aiday:
AC: 20 + 4 Deflection Bonus when moving, T: 16, FF: 14, SR: 11| Fort: +4/6, Ref: +14/16, Will: +8/12 | CMB: +7, CMD: 23 | Init: +8, Perception: +11
Rinat:
AC: 18 Human, 20 Hybrid & Wolf | T: 11, FF: 12 Human/13 | Fort: +7, Ref: +4, Will +6 | CMB: +4; CMD: +15 (19 vs trip as wolf) | Init +2, Perc: +6. Personas may differ.

Aibek looked impressed at the unexpected chime coming from the stone. Stepping forward, Aibek nodded to Ayreth before taking a seat, putting the backpack behind the chair. The shadow archon looked at the shadows under the hand for a few moments in concern before looking around the table.


GM of all he Surveys - Still sick, but in a different way

After a few minutes, the waters at the edge rippled once more and a palanquin began to rise from the waters. Born aloft by four Gillmen and carrying a long-limbed merwoman on top, the lounge-like creation was hauled onto the shore with one smooth motion. Three more staff carrying merfolk followed, undergoing the same transformation that the first had, their staves slung across there back. The first followed suit, so all four had there hands-free.

The palanquin was lowered to the opposite side of the table that the Khalharum party had sat at. "You are welcome to this place of speech and peace," the woman said, slowly observing you all. "I am Iliarina, Song of the Sapiaquali-oths. I can and shall speak for my people. What is it you of the surface seek from us?"


Female Fey Kitsune Kitsune Rogue 7 / Trickster Tier 2 | HP: 60/60 - M: 6/7 | AC: 22 T: 18 FF: 14 | F: +4 R: +13 W: +2 (+5 vs. Mind Affecting)| Init: +10 Perc: +10

"An honor, Iliarina. I am Yao Mihara, head of the branch family of the Yao Clan, and one of the councillors of Khalharum." Mihara offers a polite bow as their host reveals herself.

"We seek to make amends and barter peace for your people and our city. There is no sense in blood being spilled and lives being lost when things can be resolved over a negotiating table."

Dark Archive

CG Changeling Heavens Oracle(8) | HP: 87 | AC: 19 T:13 FF:17 | DR: 5/cold iron | CMD:20 | F:+5 R:+4 W:+9* | Init:+5 | Perc:+14 | Darkvision: 60' | Low-light Vision | Speed: 30' | Mythic Power: 7 | True Lore: 2 | Vision: 2 | Cleric Channel(1d6): 11 | Oracle Channel(4d6): 11 | Spells: 1st: 9 | 2nd: 9 | 3rd: 7 | 4th: 5 |

"I am Ayreth, Councilor of Khalharum, and aye, we seek to peacefully end the hostilities between your people and ours, the citizens of Khalharum. Lady Ominai seemed to think it possible."


Witch 8/Arch. 3 | HP: 75/75 | Melee: +5, Ranged: +7 | AC: 26, T: 13, FF: 23, DR: 8 (Blu/Mag) | Fort: +6, Ref: +5, Will: +8 (+4 vs Chan. Ener.) | CMB: +5, CMD: 18 | Init: +12, Perception: +23 |

Azri seemed rather... relaxed... despite the presence of anti-magic. She didn't speak, though - others were better at charm than she was, and she seemed satisfied to leave this matter in their hands for the moment.

This definitely did not have anything whatsoever to do with feeling guilty about being the one who'd freaked the other side out to begin with. ...Cough cough.


A HP: 69/69 | Mythic Points: 9/9pd | Ki Pool: 4/4 || R HP: HP: 42/42 Persona time left: 9 mins, Ext Persona 1/1
Aiday:
AC: 20 + 4 Deflection Bonus when moving, T: 16, FF: 14, SR: 11| Fort: +4/6, Ref: +14/16, Will: +8/12 | CMB: +7, CMD: 23 | Init: +8, Perception: +11
Rinat:
AC: 18 Human, 20 Hybrid & Wolf | T: 11, FF: 12 Human/13 | Fort: +7, Ref: +4, Will +6 | CMB: +4; CMD: +15 (19 vs trip as wolf) | Init +2, Perc: +6. Personas may differ.

Aibek was more used to being on guard duty or up to something behind the scenes at these types of important meetings rather than at the table. The importance weighed on Aibek a bit, so waited a few moments, nodding with the others and watching the people across the table, before making an attempt, "My understanding from Councilor Ayreth who spoke to Lady Ominai in the dreams is that some from the merchant ship that came near a Khalharum harbour last night attacked your people within a cave with your young. Even with what I know my own clan does to protect our whelps from mostly human groups, I can only imagine how horrible having them in there must have been. The merchants say they were pushed to the island in a storm and that they and other ships do not usually come this way. If more trade or other ships are coming this way and putting yours at risk, maybe something that could be mutually beneficial could involve helping strengthen or build more barriers and possibly other ways to prevent this from happening again by, in part, trying to get ships to go through better routes for both your people and the people of Khalharum."

Sense Motive: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (5) + 7 = 12
Diplomacy: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (10) + 10 = 20


GM of all he Surveys - Still sick, but in a different way

The woman tilted her head to one side. "The ways of my people are simple. We did not attack these...merchants because we could not, or did not wish to. We did not attack them because it was decided that a situation such as this, where surface dwellers caused us yet more problems, was undesirable. There are many of my people who are pointing out that this was folly."

Looking around, she continued, "My people do not trust outsiders from above the waves. Our first response is to destroy such threats when they enter our domain without our blessing, and that blessing is a rare coin only a few are trusted to spend. Only two things allow these talks - that Ominai thinks it is worth it and because this began on land, outside our domain. If you had spilled a drop of our blood into the waters then there would never be peace."

Ilariana tapped her chin once. "Allow me to explain how my people view this event. We allowed an ill-understood threat from a realm many of us do not understand to our recently constructed hatchery, so built because the last was destroyed utterly by our foes and its contents stolen or killed. We understood the storm drove them to the island. But when they tried to enter the hatcheries, they were driven back - but not killed, as is our way. Another mercy, answered by violence. Our blood stained the sands and the water. We pursued those who shed our blood, as is our right, and when we reached the waters near your home were assumed the aggressors, threatened and cajoled. You may rule the lands but by our laws and rights, the waters are ours."

Smiling, she added, "You, therefore, can see why my people are not pleased. There are rarely calls to defend surface dwellers such as yourselves. As far as they are concerned, what we do now is a mercy - a swift exectuion for your city, as painless asn it can be made, before our might is turned to better use."

"So," the Song asked as she leaned back elegantly, "What is it you propose to save your city and soothe my people?"

Aibek is unable to read much from the experienced diplomat.


Witch 8/Arch. 3 | HP: 75/75 | Melee: +5, Ranged: +7 | AC: 26, T: 13, FF: 23, DR: 8 (Blu/Mag) | Fort: +6, Ref: +5, Will: +8 (+4 vs Chan. Ener.) | CMB: +5, CMD: 18 | Init: +12, Perception: +23 |

My unrelenting wrath, personal and determined, returning each time you destroy my body until your whole civilization is shattered and you understand the folly of your arrogance. Perhaps I wasn't sufficiently intimidating the first time around and you need to learn your lesson properly.

...Is what Azri might have said if she hadn't been taught a very valuable lesson by a certain distinguished grandfather slash warrior orc. That said, she had a rather firm opinion about who had claim to the harbor within the city.


A HP: 69/69 | Mythic Points: 9/9pd | Ki Pool: 4/4 || R HP: HP: 42/42 Persona time left: 9 mins, Ext Persona 1/1
Aiday:
AC: 20 + 4 Deflection Bonus when moving, T: 16, FF: 14, SR: 11| Fort: +4/6, Ref: +14/16, Will: +8/12 | CMB: +7, CMD: 23 | Init: +8, Perception: +11
Rinat:
AC: 18 Human, 20 Hybrid & Wolf | T: 11, FF: 12 Human/13 | Fort: +7, Ref: +4, Will +6 | CMB: +4; CMD: +15 (19 vs trip as wolf) | Init +2, Perc: +6. Personas may differ.

Aibek considered for few quiet moments before offering, "The islands of Khalharum house a mix of people, some that have been there centuries, others that have just arrived. The other councilors and I have been there a bit less than a year now under unusual and difficult circumstances, and have been in these positions about half that time due to ancient laws that the people currently still agree to and I am trying to uphold. There is still a lot around here I do not know and I appreciate you taking the time to explain. I do know, however, the pain of great losses from those out to destroy everything... Aibek's voice wavered for a moment before continuing, "... and that it was not the people of Khalharum who now suffer who made that threat. I fully intend for the people to have their say on their name being invoked in this way by an individual of the council and for the people, who are innocent in this and that I have vowed to help rebuild their city, I am open to many possibilities. Even with hostility and lack of trust, mutually agreed lines and beneficial arrangements can bring people peace of mind and soothe some wounds. As a start, on the issue of helping to prevent further intrusion by ships with the increase in trade to this area, my experience is that barriers, patrols, and information management can be very effective. The first two we might able to help with if that was desired, the latter we are in a unique position with those merchants who survived along with many of Khalharum's people who work the docks and at sea to come upon an agreed version of events and encourage it's spread far and wide to achieve managing most of the ships on routes that suit. Obliteration can manage things for a time, but tends to bring out the least desirable who are looking for easy pickings from the weakened and dead - we both need it clear that there is nothing easy to grab around here and we can spread that far better for you with Khalharum and the people as they are."

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (11) + 10 = 21


GM of all he Surveys - Still sick, but in a different way

"What you ask of your people is up to you. As rulers, the responsibility falls upon you all. As does the need to make amends." She considered. "Your point is valid, however. Obliteration brings out the jackals. Most notably the slavers from Okeno. We have noticed a drop in there activity along the North cost. Perhaps they are wary of your magical city."

The Song waved her hand. "But we can deal with the gnolls. They know better than to seek out my kind for there collars. What we need are assurances that your people will not move against us. That you acknowledge our dominion of the sea, above and below the waves, and will not attempt to interfere with this. That a tithe is paid from those that travel across our seas to pay for this...security for us. You may collect these fees from ships that dock in our name."

Smiling, Ilariana gestured. "Acknowledge our dominion, pay this supplication, and keep your armies from the sea and we will spare your city. We may even aid you against those who threaten you from the sea. For additional fees."

Sense Motive (DC25):
While what she has said is mostly honest, it's exaggerated. The same is true with her demands - she doesn't expect them, but they establish a place to start negotiations. She does feel she has the upper hand, however.


Witch 8/Arch. 3 | HP: 75/75 | Melee: +5, Ranged: +7 | AC: 26, T: 13, FF: 23, DR: 8 (Blu/Mag) | Fort: +6, Ref: +5, Will: +8 (+4 vs Chan. Ener.) | CMB: +5, CMD: 18 | Init: +12, Perception: +23 |

Sense Motive: 1d20 + 21 ⇒ (4) + 21 = 25

"I see." said Azri as she finally spoke up. Her senses for dealing with other people were keener than most realized - and it took a lot to mask one's emotions enough to hide from her penetrating gaze. "Those are quite some requests. Now, from the way they were presented, some people might interpret them as claiming eternal control of the city's harbor - a place quite integral to the city's functions. The waters beyond the city are one thing, certainly, but a key part of the city itself is quite another matter. I think it would be ever so inconvenient for everyone if there were to be a misunderstanding on this matter, so would you be so kind as to clarify where, precisely, you wish for the boundaries of your territory to be?"


A HP: 69/69 | Mythic Points: 9/9pd | Ki Pool: 4/4 || R HP: HP: 42/42 Persona time left: 9 mins, Ext Persona 1/1
Aiday:
AC: 20 + 4 Deflection Bonus when moving, T: 16, FF: 14, SR: 11| Fort: +4/6, Ref: +14/16, Will: +8/12 | CMB: +7, CMD: 23 | Init: +8, Perception: +11
Rinat:
AC: 18 Human, 20 Hybrid & Wolf | T: 11, FF: 12 Human/13 | Fort: +7, Ref: +4, Will +6 | CMB: +4; CMD: +15 (19 vs trip as wolf) | Init +2, Perc: +6. Personas may differ.

Sense Motive: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (20) + 7 = 27

Aibek considered. Having further sea support could be useful, depending on the cost, and someone open to negotiating is a good place to start even when they know they have the upper hand. Nodding in agreement with Azri, Aibek said "Efforts have been made to deal with slavers that have plagued Khalharum for some time, which is part of why trade and others are now coming this way. In terms of acknowledging territory, I can not speak for the others, but I am happy to do so - however, as Councilor Azri said, Khalharum is a group of islands with waterways around and through it that are part of the lifeblood for the people, including the harbour, and our predecessors who ruled Khalharum centuries ago have left objects in the waters that we are still in the process of cataloging. Both of these require active protection and for the people of Khalharum to use them, and a buffer zone is needed as well so... with a look to the others and then back to the Song.

"I request the recognition of Khalharum including twenty miles around Khalharum's coasts and artifacts from our predecessors for those purposes, and - with the boundaries clarified - I will encourage our new council's recognition of territories you hold as your dominion, and be open to a mutual nonaggression pact and possible beneficial arrangements for defense, other security, trade routes, and information between us for a cost."

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (8) + 10 = 18
Aibek is also high rolling negotations, with territories you hold being a carefully chosen turn of phrase over 'all the sea above and below', though may concede more than they currently hold outside of the buffer zone. Nations typically have 12-14 miles, depending on the measurement, Aibek prefers to stay above, but may go very slightly below that. Beyond that, Aibek's is mostly running on babblepower.

Dark Archive

CG Changeling Heavens Oracle(8) | HP: 87 | AC: 19 T:13 FF:17 | DR: 5/cold iron | CMD:20 | F:+5 R:+4 W:+9* | Init:+5 | Perc:+14 | Darkvision: 60' | Low-light Vision | Speed: 30' | Mythic Power: 7 | True Lore: 2 | Vision: 2 | Cleric Channel(1d6): 11 | Oracle Channel(4d6): 11 | Spells: 1st: 9 | 2nd: 9 | 3rd: 7 | 4th: 5 |

Sense Motive+Surge: 1d20 + 12 + 1d6 ⇒ (11) + 12 + (6) = 29
-------------------------------------------------------------------

Ayreth's voice takes on the familiar edge of two voices speaking in unison. "There are no amends to make on our side. As you said, we did not spill the blood of your people despite you chasing your battle into our home. We have come as peacemakers in good faith, even though your storm currently assaults our home. And yet, you treat with us as supplicants begging for scraps, fearful of your displeasure. Perhaps you mistake our wisdom in seeking peace for a lack of strength, but I assure you, that is indeed a mistake. We do not seek to be a second nation at war with you, but we will not be extorted."

-------------------------------------------------------------------

MP: 6/7


GM of all he Surveys - Still sick, but in a different way

Ilariana raised an eye brow - and looked for a moment surprised by the oddity of Ayreth's voice, looking to her bodyguard to make sure that no magic was being used before turning back - and gestured widely with one hand.

"So, you reject our most reasonable proposal? To release the claim on the waters around your island, to stand down your ships, to pay us a tribute?" She paused for a moment.

"Good. If you are not so weak then perhaps you are worth keeping. But make no mistake, my people have been insulted, slighted. Perhaps some of this can be mitigated by reminding them the chase was too long, and we strayed into the territory of others - yourself, and the Dragon Kosi. But only somewhat."

Leaning back, she added, "I will grant you that your harbours should be yours. Between the dragon and the weapon within those waters its possible they are not worth the taking. The waters for one mile beyond the edges of your island."

"And to soothe the bite of your words a tribute. A small one. 100,000 gp should suffice. And a blood oath to never strike against us, nor our enemies, under any conditions." She smiled. "Much more magnanimous, no?"


Female Fey Kitsune Kitsune Rogue 7 / Trickster Tier 2 | HP: 60/60 - M: 6/7 | AC: 22 T: 18 FF: 14 | F: +4 R: +13 W: +2 (+5 vs. Mind Affecting)| Init: +10 Perc: +10

Mihara had never been good at reading people. Back home, she had always left that part to her usually-silent brother, Hakeru. It was good, then, that her many allies had her back.

"A question, if I may?" Mihara smiled politely.

"You wish for us to take an oath not to strike against... your enemies? Rather an odd request, would you not think? Is there a reason you do not wish for allies to help you and yours fight your foes?"

Brushing the issue aside, Mihara maintained a pleasant demeanor, though one edged with conviction and purpose.

"How can we trust that you will cease your assault? Your spellcasters are holding our town like a cutlass at a merchant's throat. Were we called here to broker peace, or merely to be extorted money and territory from? 'Your money or your lives.' Pray tell: Are these the words of a diplomat, or those of bandits and pirates... and slavers, perhaps?"

"I understand that you fear for yours. Strangers moved against your children and your people. It is not a fate I would wish on any, be they my closest friends or most bitter enemies."

"How ever, you chose to, in turn, move against the children and people of Khalharum. To act as your assailants did; to pursue the cycle of violence when we sought to preserve life."

"Do you wish to become as those you hate? Would you sooner seek out revenge rather than harmony?"

Diplomacy (Surge): 1d20 + 16 + 1d6 ⇒ (10) + 16 + (6) = 32


A HP: 69/69 | Mythic Points: 9/9pd | Ki Pool: 4/4 || R HP: HP: 42/42 Persona time left: 9 mins, Ext Persona 1/1
Aiday:
AC: 20 + 4 Deflection Bonus when moving, T: 16, FF: 14, SR: 11| Fort: +4/6, Ref: +14/16, Will: +8/12 | CMB: +7, CMD: 23 | Init: +8, Perception: +11
Rinat:
AC: 18 Human, 20 Hybrid & Wolf | T: 11, FF: 12 Human/13 | Fort: +7, Ref: +4, Will +6 | CMB: +4; CMD: +15 (19 vs trip as wolf) | Init +2, Perc: +6. Personas may differ.

Aibek partially agreed with Mihara and respecting Mihara's greater experience in diplomatic matters, Aibek only added, "Which enemies, like territories, will need to be specified. We cannot pledge to not deal with slavers or..." before a brief pause while rethinking through what Ilariana had said.

"The Dragon Kosi, are you referring to the Glass Dragon? With her size, I imagine she and her destructive whelp go far and wide, more than one mile from Khalharum's coast - as will Khalharum's territory and the needed buffer zone." Aibek chose not to disclose any other information about Kosi or the young one. If there was conflict between them, Aibek did not want Khalharum's people brought into the middle of it though pledging not to attack them if this was what the merfolk wanted would not be difficult. Being open about knowing of the dragons and the impatient recklessness of her young, maybe suspecting how powerful she could be with what little had been seen, might be enough. That they were on somewhat friendly terms may be best left not disclosed.


GM of all he Surveys - Still sick, but in a different way

"When will the attack stop? When we have assurances that you, and yours, will not move against us. That is the very least that must come from these talks." Ilariana looks dead serious as she says this. "I asked that you not fight our enemy because, frankly, you are not capable, and might interfere with our own plans in that regard. We have no true desire to see you chained as slaves, but recompense must be made. You are free to make a suggestion as to what that might be."

Nodding to Aibek, she added, "There is one enemy of which I speak. A creature that once enslaved my people, claiming us by right of creation. It seeks to do so again."

Knowledge (Dungeoneering) DC22:
She is refering to Aboleths, a species of undersea abominations who claim, among other things, predate the Gods and have created the Merfolk. A single Aboleth should be no danger to this group, which suggests a group of the beings or one with slave servitors to aid it.

"As for such as the Lady Kosi...we are magnanimous enough to allow such as she to hunt where they will, and few of my kind would claim her lair."


Witch 8/Arch. 3 | HP: 75/75 | Melee: +5, Ranged: +7 | AC: 26, T: 13, FF: 23, DR: 8 (Blu/Mag) | Fort: +6, Ref: +5, Will: +8 (+4 vs Chan. Ener.) | CMB: +5, CMD: 18 | Init: +12, Perception: +23 |

Know Dungeoneering: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (19) + 9 = 28

"You make a great many assumptions about our capabilities." Azri observed mildly. "And take a great deal of offense for a people who we only began to interact with after you brought trouble into the harbor of our city. If you desire peace, that is easy - through cooperation, both of us can prosper, and I much prefer that route."

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (13) + 5 = 18

After a moment, the lich's tone abruptly went down as an edge came into her voice.

"...Now, for the sake of my friends, I will not strike against you in any way without their consent, whatever the outcome of these negotiations. We have equal say within the city and I respect them and their desires for the direction Khalharum will take... but I will not allow you to keep insulting those I care about with offers you are fully aware no reasonable person would accept. I strongly recommend you stop with the farce and begin negotiating in good faith instead of bad. Make a fair offer to our city and you will find that we are loyal allies, strong and true and more than generous to friends in need. If you don't want us to harm you or your interests, start acting like it instead of wasting everyone's time, for you will gain far more from cooperating than from sowing the seeds of resentment today."

Intimidate: 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (20) + 15 = 35 I think the dice have opinions about Azri using this skill... o wo;


A HP: 69/69 | Mythic Points: 9/9pd | Ki Pool: 4/4 || R HP: HP: 42/42 Persona time left: 9 mins, Ext Persona 1/1
Aiday:
AC: 20 + 4 Deflection Bonus when moving, T: 16, FF: 14, SR: 11| Fort: +4/6, Ref: +14/16, Will: +8/12 | CMB: +7, CMD: 23 | Init: +8, Perception: +11
Rinat:
AC: 18 Human, 20 Hybrid & Wolf | T: 11, FF: 12 Human/13 | Fort: +7, Ref: +4, Will +6 | CMB: +4; CMD: +15 (19 vs trip as wolf) | Init +2, Perc: +6. Personas may differ.

Yeah, between those intimidate rolls and Aibek's 20 on Sense Motive earlier, cause nervous Aibek is watching for every twitch, the dice does seem to be giving some opinions at the moment.

Aibek looked over to Azri with mixed feelings, mostly impressed and being glad not to be the target of her ire at the moment along with some nervousness, before nodding in agreement.

"It is difficult to offer recompense to those we've just met - what is very valuable to me, like the information management I offered earlier, might be nothing to your kin and what would be most useful to you I may not understand just as I sometimes do not understand even how the other councilors rate things. Sensible suggestions, from everyone, can hopefully help us move forward faster. I still think much could be gained with the right information spread by the sailors and dockworkers or a mutually beneficial defensive strategy".

Dark Archive

CG Changeling Heavens Oracle(8) | HP: 87 | AC: 19 T:13 FF:17 | DR: 5/cold iron | CMD:20 | F:+5 R:+4 W:+9* | Init:+5 | Perc:+14 | Darkvision: 60' | Low-light Vision | Speed: 30' | Mythic Power: 7 | True Lore: 2 | Vision: 2 | Cleric Channel(1d6): 11 | Oracle Channel(4d6): 11 | Spells: 1st: 9 | 2nd: 9 | 3rd: 7 | 4th: 5 |

Kn: Dung: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (1) + 6 = 7
-------------------------------------------------------------------

"You make no mention of not moving against us again. We will of course reserve the right to defend ourselves and the city."

-------------------------------------------------------------------

MP: 6/7


GM of all he Surveys - Still sick, but in a different way

The Song looked taken aback for a moment. "Goodness. Such teeth and claws." For a moment she pouted. "You know, this really is no fun unless you make offers too. Diplomacy is all about making unreasonable demands and battering down to something everyone can live with - it's simply that the more desperate the person the worse they can live with."

Sighing, she waved a hand. "Fine. Tradition has it that waters within 10 miles of the surface dwellers realms are considered theres. We can acknowledge any area that you can claim and patrol at least once a week is yours, and water within ten miles of it up to a depth of five hundred feet is yours to pass through and fish from, but we will not permit the building of more weapons like the one in the bay to your city, or any other permanent habitation more than a mile from the centre of your city."

"In return for something to be decided later, we will cease our attacks and agree to a non-aggression pact with you. Neither of us shall attack the other, nor aid an enemy in attacking the other by the support of goods and information."

"Finally, we will require that you inform all ships that make land in your port that our hatchery is out of bounds and that they may not land."

Sighing once more, she finished, "Now if all the seems reasonable...how do you intend to make amends for threatening our children? My people will accept nothing else if that is not somehow made right."


Witch 8/Arch. 3 | HP: 75/75 | Melee: +5, Ranged: +7 | AC: 26, T: 13, FF: 23, DR: 8 (Blu/Mag) | Fort: +6, Ref: +5, Will: +8 (+4 vs Chan. Ener.) | CMB: +5, CMD: 18 | Init: +12, Perception: +23 |

"We appear to have very different ideas of fun. That, and a lack of desperation, perhaps." the lich sounded faintly bored, as if she found it a bit hard to pay attention to the troubles of the moment. "As for the issue of your children... well, addressing the future for the future - I mean your children by that - necessitates some actual communication for the future. This whole thing could have been avoided if we'd been able to start talking sooner, so how about we give you an embassy near the docks? You can tell your people that you've gained a foothold on land to keep an eye on us... and it can serve as a central point of contact to discuss issues and promote better relations in the future. After all, we will have access to a great many supplies and tools that I dare say you would enjoy having quick and easy access to. Plus whatever the others feel is appropriate - I shan't contest whatever they decide."

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (20) + 5 = 25
o_O I didn't think I was making a Face character... remind me to pump a few more points into that.


A HP: 69/69 | Mythic Points: 9/9pd | Ki Pool: 4/4 || R HP: HP: 42/42 Persona time left: 9 mins, Ext Persona 1/1
Aiday:
AC: 20 + 4 Deflection Bonus when moving, T: 16, FF: 14, SR: 11| Fort: +4/6, Ref: +14/16, Will: +8/12 | CMB: +7, CMD: 23 | Init: +8, Perception: +11
Rinat:
AC: 18 Human, 20 Hybrid & Wolf | T: 11, FF: 12 Human/13 | Fort: +7, Ref: +4, Will +6 | CMB: +4; CMD: +15 (19 vs trip as wolf) | Init +2, Perc: +6. Personas may differ.

Aibek chuckled softly at The Song's definition of Diplomacy, thinking of a few others who might agree with that. Other than the issue of no permanent habitations more than a mile from the centre of Khalharum which Aibek wasn't sure about, the rest did seem sensible, but that could wait for the moment. Recompense was now the more important issue.

Aibek considered. It was a difficult issue. When the Vakanas had been betrayed, causing so much harm, it had been a hard issue for the elders then - satisfying calls for retribution had to be balanced with what they would look like if they did so and what more pain it would bring. This was not a betrayal though, it was more two strangers clashing in passing, but with young involved and so much loss and history Aibek did not know tinting the issue, it seemed a difficult problem.

"Such an embassy could be near any of Khalharum's islands if your kin would prefer not to be so close to the main harbour or another place better suited your needs." Aibek added in support of Azri's suggestion, "Though I would understand if some of your kin would see such an idealistic plan as too distant for the pains of now...are there any resources or abilities that would help in your plans against those who harmed your young and try to enslave your people? As an example, though I haven't used it combatively yet, I can create a temporary thinning between this plane and the one of Shadows. If it would be useful in a trap for you, I am open to discussing using it for that purpose to help an ally as well as show goodwill. There are many other possibilities as well..." Aibek offered, entirely sincerely though the shadow archon was also testing how the Song would react to that information.


GM of all he Surveys - Still sick, but in a different way

"An Embassy and information? Perhaps. Information is power, after all. And an embassy would allow us more communications with the outside world without allowing them to come to us." Ilarina paused, then smiled. "And you do have that underwater structure you're hardly using at all."

Dark Archive

CG Changeling Heavens Oracle(8) | HP: 87 | AC: 19 T:13 FF:17 | DR: 5/cold iron | CMD:20 | F:+5 R:+4 W:+9* | Init:+5 | Perc:+14 | Darkvision: 60' | Low-light Vision | Speed: 30' | Mythic Power: 7 | True Lore: 2 | Vision: 2 | Cleric Channel(1d6): 11 | Oracle Channel(4d6): 11 | Spells: 1st: 9 | 2nd: 9 | 3rd: 7 | 4th: 5 |
Overlord Jon wrote:
"In return for something to be decided later, we will cease our attacks and agree to a non-aggression pact with you. Neither of us shall attack the other, nor aid an enemy in attacking the other by the support of goods and information."

"'Something to be decided later'?... I believe vague phrases are not the goal of diplomatic bargaining. The underwater structure is not quite ready for use yet, perhaps in time. The rest is agreeable enough."


GM of all he Surveys - Still sick, but in a different way

The diplomat smiled at the suggestion that they could perhaps use the underwater facility, and then shrugged. "I have told you, I need something from you to make amends to my people. Something that I can show proves you regret the threats made and understand the folly of challening our might. Once we have agreed what that will be I can signal the attack to stop."

4,751 to 4,800 of 5,099 << first < prev | 91 | 92 | 93 | 94 | 95 | 96 | 97 | 98 | 99 | 100 | 101 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Broken Towers All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.