Broken Towers

Game Master JonGarrett

The Glorious Website
Underground Fortress


4,901 to 4,950 of 5,098 << first < prev | 92 | 93 | 94 | 95 | 96 | 97 | 98 | 99 | 100 | 101 | 102 | next > last >>

A HP: 69/69 | Mythic Points: 9/9pd | Ki Pool: 4/4 || R HP: HP: 42/42 Persona time left: 9 mins, Ext Persona 1/1
Aiday:
AC: 20 + 4 Deflection Bonus when moving, T: 16, FF: 14, SR: 11| Fort: +4/6, Ref: +14/16, Will: +8/12 | CMB: +7, CMD: 23 | Init: +8, Perception: +11
Rinat:
AC: 18 Human, 20 Hybrid & Wolf | T: 11, FF: 12 Human/13 | Fort: +7, Ref: +4, Will +6 | CMB: +4; CMD: +15 (19 vs trip as wolf) | Init +2, Perc: +6. Personas may differ.

Aibek took a long moment to figure out how to explain, though the words came easier than the shadow archon could have expected once the words started to flow even while trying to work and help, "Shadow fragments from people...are like people. They have their own personalities and when they're hurt, broken, unable to properly connect with others due to that or the contamination, they become a paler version - no real energy, just reacting. Like, hiding under a blanket with a bad cold from the noise and light and everything. These fragments have used my shadows like a protective... quiet-balm-blanket-den, but now they're mostly repaired and are coming together..."

"I used to do small batches, never this many and very rarely from people, Gulnaz didn't like me doing people. It was more shadow fragments from buildings or other places - the first one I did was from a tree that stretched over a river, it was odd but peaceful having this pretty scene in my hand. Those ones we tried to put back at least in a similar setting once mended. They knit back in quickly - whole shadows don't like being alone - or if out too long form or meld into new objects. These people aren't here anymore because of that...shadow-fey-thing, shadow fragments from people most often come from those that have died. I was always taught they melded or faded, but now - I'm not entirely sure what these fragments are going to do or how my shadows will be after, but I don't think my shadows will contain these fragments much longer. They're tiring sometimes, for me and my shadows -- kinda like trying to train an over-excited whelp...

"I think I got a bit off topic there, but yeah, they've certainly gotten playful as they've gotten better."

Aibek chuckled softly, a bit of the tiredness coming through in Aibek's smile.


GM of all he Surveys - Still sick, but in a different way

Mihara's book soon replied. Dearest Mihara,

None of us have any information on this specific one. The merfolk are reclusive with land-based peoples, and we are no exceptions. Some of the people's we trade with are Tritons. Who are not much more accepted than we are, but are more likely to have met this Song.

What we can say is that the Song is a high ranking ambassador, of sorts, and merchants. They tend to be the ones who negotiate with the outside world. Not allMerfolk nations have them, but the ones that do tend to be somewhere friendly.

We'll send more information when we can find some. Take care of yourself. My father sends his best wishes.

Dark Archive

CG Changeling Heavens Oracle(8) | HP: 87 | AC: 19 T:13 FF:17 | DR: 5/cold iron | CMD:20 | F:+5 R:+4 W:+9* | Init:+5 | Perc:+14 | Darkvision: 60' | Low-light Vision | Speed: 30' | Mythic Power: 7 | True Lore: 2 | Vision: 2 | Cleric Channel(1d6): 11 | Oracle Channel(4d6): 11 | Spells: 1st: 9 | 2nd: 9 | 3rd: 7 | 4th: 5 |

Ayreth ponders those ideas. "That's odd, not odder than anything else about our motley group, just that I'm not used to thinking of shadows that way. But it seems like we should take you to the Dryad and put you to bed."


A HP: 69/69 | Mythic Points: 9/9pd | Ki Pool: 4/4 || R HP: HP: 42/42 Persona time left: 9 mins, Ext Persona 1/1
Aiday:
AC: 20 + 4 Deflection Bonus when moving, T: 16, FF: 14, SR: 11| Fort: +4/6, Ref: +14/16, Will: +8/12 | CMB: +7, CMD: 23 | Init: +8, Perception: +11
Rinat:
AC: 18 Human, 20 Hybrid & Wolf | T: 11, FF: 12 Human/13 | Fort: +7, Ref: +4, Will +6 | CMB: +4; CMD: +15 (19 vs trip as wolf) | Init +2, Perc: +6. Personas may differ.

Aibek chuckled while continuing to try to help out with tasks, "Azerna's probably a bit busy for that right now, but we'll hopefully get most of main issues done soon and be able to head over the Inn. A bit of a sit-down and a meal & I'll be fine. As for our motley group...your grandfather did say it was our unique skills that would hopefully help Khalharum and he doesn't seem to have been wrong. I'm not sure which ones of Nurasyl's he might have had in mind, but hopefully I'm covering some of it..." Mixed emotions, guilt among them, flickered as Aibek looked around for any further tasks to help the people before returning...

Perception: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (3) + 10 = 13


Witch 8/Arch. 3 | HP: 75/75 | Melee: +5, Ranged: +7 | AC: 26, T: 13, FF: 23, DR: 8 (Blu/Mag) | Fort: +6, Ref: +5, Will: +8 (+4 vs Chan. Ener.) | CMB: +5, CMD: 18 | Init: +12, Perception: +23 |

And Azri is probably... just chilling out and getting her work done while the others do different things. XD Don't rush anything on my account, though.

Dark Archive

CG Changeling Heavens Oracle(8) | HP: 87 | AC: 19 T:13 FF:17 | DR: 5/cold iron | CMD:20 | F:+5 R:+4 W:+9* | Init:+5 | Perc:+14 | Darkvision: 60' | Low-light Vision | Speed: 30' | Mythic Power: 7 | True Lore: 2 | Vision: 2 | Cleric Channel(1d6): 11 | Oracle Channel(4d6): 11 | Spells: 1st: 9 | 2nd: 9 | 3rd: 7 | 4th: 5 |

Ayreth's eyes open wide and her cheeks flush in surprise. "No, I didn't mean... the Thirsty Dryad... the inn, I meant the inn!"

Assuming all else is well, Ayreth will proceed with the Ominai Dream plan.


A HP: 69/69 | Mythic Points: 9/9pd | Ki Pool: 4/4 || R HP: HP: 42/42 Persona time left: 9 mins, Ext Persona 1/1
Aiday:
AC: 20 + 4 Deflection Bonus when moving, T: 16, FF: 14, SR: 11| Fort: +4/6, Ref: +14/16, Will: +8/12 | CMB: +7, CMD: 23 | Init: +8, Perception: +11
Rinat:
AC: 18 Human, 20 Hybrid & Wolf | T: 11, FF: 12 Human/13 | Fort: +7, Ref: +4, Will +6 | CMB: +4; CMD: +15 (19 vs trip as wolf) | Init +2, Perc: +6. Personas may differ.

Aibek's clear "I'm very aware of that but..." grin pushed aside other feelings as Aibek nodded and started to head back towards the Thirsty Dryad. With no further comments, memories of similar and less subtle word-play of time past flitted by in the veteran's mind.

Aibek's is fine with moving forward with that rather than further embarrassing innuendo.


GM of all he Surveys - Still sick, but in a different way

It took a little time for the city to return to normal, but with plenty of hands to clear things the inhabited areas of the city without too much trouble, and magically accelerated repairs put right most of the damage. This time, the price wasn't too steep.

The evening came and the night passed. Azerna may have put Aibek to bed.

In the morning, things weren't as happy. Rumours were comming in that some people were missing from the city.


Female Fey Kitsune Kitsune Rogue 7 / Trickster Tier 2 | HP: 60/60 - M: 6/7 | AC: 22 T: 18 FF: 14 | F: +4 R: +13 W: +2 (+5 vs. Mind Affecting)| Init: +10 Perc: +10

The morning saw the Yao sisters, with Hanabi walking at their feet, walking through the town in search of further details on the rumor. Who was missing, and when had they last been seen?

First other of priority: check in with their kin. The dockside markets saw a lot of traffic, and the hidden ears of the Kitsune were quite talented at gathering information.

If she was to aspire to the title of Spymaster of Khalharum, Mihara would soon need to have ears in lands belonging to their friends and foes, but for now, she had to satisfy herself with ears all over town.

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 17 ⇒ (2) + 17 = 19


A HP: 69/69 | Mythic Points: 9/9pd | Ki Pool: 4/4 || R HP: HP: 42/42 Persona time left: 9 mins, Ext Persona 1/1
Aiday:
AC: 20 + 4 Deflection Bonus when moving, T: 16, FF: 14, SR: 11| Fort: +4/6, Ref: +14/16, Will: +8/12 | CMB: +7, CMD: 23 | Init: +8, Perception: +11
Rinat:
AC: 18 Human, 20 Hybrid & Wolf | T: 11, FF: 12 Human/13 | Fort: +7, Ref: +4, Will +6 | CMB: +4; CMD: +15 (19 vs trip as wolf) | Init +2, Perc: +6. Personas may differ.

Aibek would of course never confirm or deny the events of the previous night, but after first hearing the sad rumours while sitting in the Inn with Azerna, Aibek asked out of concern and habit for her and the others there to stay safe and was swiftly out of the door - looking worried and more than a little tired.

Aibek tried to keep an ear out for further rumours or anyone normally out who obviously wasn't while traveling through to the alchemists'. Young people often heard many things others didn't and Helm was the young person Aibek knew best in Khalharum, owed a few stories, and when it came to people who may not be so well protected, but might have skills or be seen as a target to get to those that are, the young man Aibek had spent many hours talking to came to mind first. Aibek intending to try to talk to him first, then ask around to see if there was any patterns to the missing people or evidence if how they had been taken.

Perception: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (20) + 10 = 30
Knowledge Local: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (19) + 5 = 24
Tired, but obviously keen-witted this morning


GM of all he Surveys - Still sick, but in a different way

It seemed that there were three missing people - the twin Halflings who owned and opearated one of the two stores, and Elie. The twins didn't have family besides each other, at least not within the city. Elie, however, did have a wife.


A HP: 69/69 | Mythic Points: 9/9pd | Ki Pool: 4/4 || R HP: HP: 42/42 Persona time left: 9 mins, Ext Persona 1/1
Aiday:
AC: 20 + 4 Deflection Bonus when moving, T: 16, FF: 14, SR: 11| Fort: +4/6, Ref: +14/16, Will: +8/12 | CMB: +7, CMD: 23 | Init: +8, Perception: +11
Rinat:
AC: 18 Human, 20 Hybrid & Wolf | T: 11, FF: 12 Human/13 | Fort: +7, Ref: +4, Will +6 | CMB: +4; CMD: +15 (19 vs trip as wolf) | Init +2, Perc: +6. Personas may differ.

Kara...Dosa...Elie... whoever or whatever had caused this did not seem random - but the exact pattern was still in question. Seeing this only made Aibek move faster to check on Helm, trying to make a mental note to check on Elie's wife and Ayreth next...


Witch 8/Arch. 3 | HP: 75/75 | Melee: +5, Ranged: +7 | AC: 26, T: 13, FF: 23, DR: 8 (Blu/Mag) | Fort: +6, Ref: +5, Will: +8 (+4 vs Chan. Ener.) | CMB: +5, CMD: 18 | Init: +12, Perception: +23 |

"Nexus? Any information on these missing people?" Azri inquired, feeling that the not-exactly-god-city's information center was the first place to inquire. Useful or not, it was at least a start.


GM of all he Surveys - Still sick, but in a different way

Aibek arrived at the alchemist's shop to find it open and ready, with smoke rising gentle from the chimney and a strong scent of cherry blossoms swamping the area around it.

~~~~~~~

"The twins Kara and Dosa were last seen near the docks, acquiring recently ordered merchandise," Nexus reported. "Elie was last seen near the docks to check on the prisoners from your return voyage."


A HP: 69/69 | Mythic Points: 9/9pd | Ki Pool: 4/4 || R HP: HP: 42/42 Persona time left: 9 mins, Ext Persona 1/1
Aiday:
AC: 20 + 4 Deflection Bonus when moving, T: 16, FF: 14, SR: 11| Fort: +4/6, Ref: +14/16, Will: +8/12 | CMB: +7, CMD: 23 | Init: +8, Perception: +11
Rinat:
AC: 18 Human, 20 Hybrid & Wolf | T: 11, FF: 12 Human/13 | Fort: +7, Ref: +4, Will +6 | CMB: +4; CMD: +15 (19 vs trip as wolf) | Init +2, Perc: +6. Personas may differ.

Aibek was walking towards the shop with purposeful anxiety until the floral smell filled the witchwolf's nose and mind. Soft faraway memories flickered past and caused a few moments pause before Aibek carefully entered the shop. More than the many original questions were rising, but first Aibek wanted to check the young man was okay after yesterday's storm and today's disappearances...


GM of all he Surveys - Still sick, but in a different way

Entering the alchemist was simple, although perhaps not easy for someone with a good sense of smell - the work was rather...concetrated at this point in its manufacture.

Aibek quickly spotted the younger man, wearing an impressive hood and mask as he carefully mixed vials of various chemicals in a small cauldron beneath a large chimney. Looking up and over the cauldron, his eyes widened in mild surprise beneath the mask. "Councillor? Everything alright?"


A HP: 69/69 | Mythic Points: 9/9pd | Ki Pool: 4/4 || R HP: HP: 42/42 Persona time left: 9 mins, Ext Persona 1/1
Aiday:
AC: 20 + 4 Deflection Bonus when moving, T: 16, FF: 14, SR: 11| Fort: +4/6, Ref: +14/16, Will: +8/12 | CMB: +7, CMD: 23 | Init: +8, Perception: +11
Rinat:
AC: 18 Human, 20 Hybrid & Wolf | T: 11, FF: 12 Human/13 | Fort: +7, Ref: +4, Will +6 | CMB: +4; CMD: +15 (19 vs trip as wolf) | Init +2, Perc: +6. Personas may differ.

Resisting coughing at the strong scent was difficult, but Aibek pressed through with a smile.

"Yes. I know I said I'd come by next week, I'm just making some checks after some of the repairs made from the damage from the storm... and some things I've heard this morning... Aibek didn't want to overly worry the lad if news hadn't reached him this morning, but didn't want to lie either. With the amount of time Aibek had spent in the shop, the overthinking trait had probably already been noticed.

"I'm glad to see you and your place appear to be doing well and as you're busy brewing something that I think will attract some of the other Tien folk here, I won't take much of your time. Have you any concerns?" Some things could not be noticed at first glance, and Aibek still felt some worry...

Perception: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (5) + 10 = 15
Sense Motive: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (6) + 8 = 14


GM of all he Surveys - Still sick, but in a different way

"I...uh...no." He turned back to what he was doing.

It was hard to read the young man's face behind the mask, but he wasn't a very good liar. Something was clearly bothering him


A HP: 69/69 | Mythic Points: 9/9pd | Ki Pool: 4/4 || R HP: HP: 42/42 Persona time left: 9 mins, Ext Persona 1/1
Aiday:
AC: 20 + 4 Deflection Bonus when moving, T: 16, FF: 14, SR: 11| Fort: +4/6, Ref: +14/16, Will: +8/12 | CMB: +7, CMD: 23 | Init: +8, Perception: +11
Rinat:
AC: 18 Human, 20 Hybrid & Wolf | T: 11, FF: 12 Human/13 | Fort: +7, Ref: +4, Will +6 | CMB: +4; CMD: +15 (19 vs trip as wolf) | Init +2, Perc: +6. Personas may differ.

Aibek shifted for a moment, conflicted.

"I'm not going to pry, especially as you've been very kind in not asking about my... regular needs - but, if you would like, I'm happy to listen with no judgment - and later I can teach you how to hide such things better as your discomfort is very plain. Azerna might not like that though...though that scent she might like enough." entirely honest, though both trying to reassure the man and see if a gentle nudge and pull at curiosity enough.

Aibek paused to see if Helm would respond, adjusting the bag in the comfort of the scented shade of the shop while preparing to head back out...


Female Fey Kitsune Kitsune Rogue 7 / Trickster Tier 2 | HP: 60/60 - M: 6/7 | AC: 22 T: 18 FF: 14 | F: +4 R: +13 W: +2 (+5 vs. Mind Affecting)| Init: +10 Perc: +10

Going to do a bit of skipping ahead.

After gathering with the party and passing on the information they've acquired, Mihara and her cohorts make their way to the docks. With that being the last time Kara and Dosa were seen, this would be as good a point as any for her to start with. If they were looking to acquire merchandise, then the dockside sailors and merchants would be the ones to ask, and many of those included her own family.

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 17 ⇒ (19) + 17 = 36


GM of all he Surveys - Still sick, but in a different way

Aibek:
The young man paused for a moment. "I...I can't talk to you about it, or anyone else." He thought for a moment. "Can you come back? Tonight? I might be able to show you."

Mihara:
It was not at all long before Mihara found several of her kin who had seen the Halfling pair. They'd been checking with the vessel you'd been aboard the day before, to see if anything strange or unusual had come back with you.


A HP: 69/69 | Mythic Points: 9/9pd | Ki Pool: 4/4 || R HP: HP: 42/42 Persona time left: 9 mins, Ext Persona 1/1
Aiday:
AC: 20 + 4 Deflection Bonus when moving, T: 16, FF: 14, SR: 11| Fort: +4/6, Ref: +14/16, Will: +8/12 | CMB: +7, CMD: 23 | Init: +8, Perception: +11
Rinat:
AC: 18 Human, 20 Hybrid & Wolf | T: 11, FF: 12 Human/13 | Fort: +7, Ref: +4, Will +6 | CMB: +4; CMD: +15 (19 vs trip as wolf) | Init +2, Perc: +6. Personas may differ.

Aibek nodded, "All going well, I am intending to go walking tonight after the inn closes, I can come by then. Hopefully, you'll have some of that left." with a gesture to what he was working on. Waiting a few moments longer in case Helm had anything else to say, Aibek prepared to head back out towards the docks...


Female Fey Kitsune Kitsune Rogue 7 / Trickster Tier 2 | HP: 60/60 - M: 6/7 | AC: 22 T: 18 FF: 14 | F: +4 R: +13 W: +2 (+5 vs. Mind Affecting)| Init: +10 Perc: +10

After gratefully thanking her informers, Mihara makes her way to the pier where her ship was anchored. Given the risk, she asked her younger sister to remain at home, and, as she approached the ship, bid her eidolon to hide nearby as she approached the vessel to investigate. She opted to approach the vessel in fox shape, on the off-chance that some hostile force remained in the area.

Stealth: 1d20 + 28 ⇒ (18) + 28 = 46
Perception: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (10) + 10 = 20
In fox shape, Mihara has access to the Scent ability.


GM of all he Surveys - Still sick, but in a different way

Aibek saw Mihara approaching the vessel that you had sailed on the day previously, sending her own companion to investigate.

Mihara and her companion did not see anyone. There was, however, an unpleasant smell - burnt flesh and fresh blood. The ship stank of both, making it hard to smell if there was anyone below decks.


Witch 8/Arch. 3 | HP: 75/75 | Melee: +5, Ranged: +7 | AC: 26, T: 13, FF: 23, DR: 8 (Blu/Mag) | Fort: +6, Ref: +5, Will: +8 (+4 vs Chan. Ener.) | CMB: +5, CMD: 18 | Init: +12, Perception: +23 |

Azri frowned slightly as she wandered along near the docks, following Nexus' advice on the matter. How to best deal with all of this, hmm? She rather disliked crime, all the more when it hurt her citizens, and there had been an awful lot of that going on lately...


A HP: 69/69 | Mythic Points: 9/9pd | Ki Pool: 4/4 || R HP: HP: 42/42 Persona time left: 9 mins, Ext Persona 1/1
Aiday:
AC: 20 + 4 Deflection Bonus when moving, T: 16, FF: 14, SR: 11| Fort: +4/6, Ref: +14/16, Will: +8/12 | CMB: +7, CMD: 23 | Init: +8, Perception: +11
Rinat:
AC: 18 Human, 20 Hybrid & Wolf | T: 11, FF: 12 Human/13 | Fort: +7, Ref: +4, Will +6 | CMB: +4; CMD: +15 (19 vs trip as wolf) | Init +2, Perc: +6. Personas may differ.

Aibek watched Mihara and those with her approach their ship. Pausing with curiosity, Aibek then went to the fountain nearest the docks to talk to the Nexus and be visible if anyone else wanted to talk. Nose still full of blossoms, the witchwolf could only imagine how much was still lingered that others would notice. Mixed feelings and thoughts, Aibek pushed mostly aside before saying, "Nexus? If you have a few moments, please? I'd like to discuss this morning's oddities with you... " Aibek continued looking around while sitting there.


GM of all he Surveys - Still sick, but in a different way

"Yes Councillor. How can I help?" Nexus' Avatar appeared before Aibek.

Azri quickly spotted Mihara near the vessel they had been on the day before and Aibek speaking with Nexus.


A HP: 69/69 | Mythic Points: 9/9pd | Ki Pool: 4/4 || R HP: HP: 42/42 Persona time left: 9 mins, Ext Persona 1/1
Aiday:
AC: 20 + 4 Deflection Bonus when moving, T: 16, FF: 14, SR: 11| Fort: +4/6, Ref: +14/16, Will: +8/12 | CMB: +7, CMD: 23 | Init: +8, Perception: +11
Rinat:
AC: 18 Human, 20 Hybrid & Wolf | T: 11, FF: 12 Human/13 | Fort: +7, Ref: +4, Will +6 | CMB: +4; CMD: +15 (19 vs trip as wolf) | Init +2, Perc: +6. Personas may differ.

"Good to see you." Aibek instinctively motioned for the Nexus avatar to sit, taking a long moment before continuing, "With the reports of missing people, I've been around early this morning... Well, early for Aibek, but between difficulty sleeping and issues causing multiple early mornings, it was far earlier than the habits Aibek had gotten into over the last few months. "...and what I've seen and heard is concerning. I'd like your thoughts."


Female Fey Kitsune Kitsune Rogue 7 / Trickster Tier 2 | HP: 60/60 - M: 6/7 | AC: 22 T: 18 FF: 14 | F: +4 R: +13 W: +2 (+5 vs. Mind Affecting)| Init: +10 Perc: +10

Mihara opts to sneak in further, using her small size and soft steps to scurry about the ship unseen in search of potential foes. As an added measure of security, she shifts her coloration to that of an ordinary fox, and masks the presence of her additional tails.

Dark Archive

CG Changeling Heavens Oracle(8) | HP: 87 | AC: 19 T:13 FF:17 | DR: 5/cold iron | CMD:20 | F:+5 R:+4 W:+9* | Init:+5 | Perc:+14 | Darkvision: 60' | Low-light Vision | Speed: 30' | Mythic Power: 7 | True Lore: 2 | Vision: 2 | Cleric Channel(1d6): 11 | Oracle Channel(4d6): 11 | Spells: 1st: 9 | 2nd: 9 | 3rd: 7 | 4th: 5 |

Ayreth makes her way to the docks since that seems to be where everyone is congregating.


GM of all he Surveys - Still sick, but in a different way

Ayreth approached the others as Nexus responded, "It would seem all three disappearances occurred onboard, or near to this vessel. My suggestion would be to make sure the prisoners captured yesterday are secure."

As Mihara went below decks the smell of smoke drifted by. It was too thin to be an actual fire, but something had been charred in the last few hours and might be smouldering still.


Female Fey Kitsune Kitsune Rogue 7 / Trickster Tier 2 | HP: 60/60 - M: 6/7 | AC: 22 T: 18 FF: 14 | F: +4 R: +13 W: +2 (+5 vs. Mind Affecting)| Init: +10 Perc: +10

What fool sets fire on a boat!

Mihara peers about the ship, decks and all, seeking any signs of life.


A HP: 69/69 | Mythic Points: 9/9pd | Ki Pool: 4/4 || R HP: HP: 42/42 Persona time left: 9 mins, Ext Persona 1/1
Aiday:
AC: 20 + 4 Deflection Bonus when moving, T: 16, FF: 14, SR: 11| Fort: +4/6, Ref: +14/16, Will: +8/12 | CMB: +7, CMD: 23 | Init: +8, Perception: +11
Rinat:
AC: 18 Human, 20 Hybrid & Wolf | T: 11, FF: 12 Human/13 | Fort: +7, Ref: +4, Will +6 | CMB: +4; CMD: +15 (19 vs trip as wolf) | Init +2, Perc: +6. Personas may differ.

Aibek nodded in thought, "I was so busy considering repairs and other things, I hadn't given those that remained enough thought. I guess I assumed Mihara's kin were dealing with it - I hope they are okay. I saw her with some of them looking at the ship just a few minutes ago. Maybe - ah, good timing." Aibek said with a nod to Ayreth and waved over Azri.

Returning to talking to Nexus, "I think your suggestion is a good start, I might ask a couple guards to check on Elie's family - her wife must be worried sick - and the Kara and Dosa's shop before seeing if Mihara and hers want a hand on their ship, unless you would like to do so. before starting to look around for any guards that the witchwolf knew.


GM of all he Surveys - Still sick, but in a different way

Hunting through the ship, Mihara found a barred door to one of the storerooms. One that had been barred from the outside. Opening the door revealed about half of the ships crew - unconcious, and bound, but otherwise fine.

~~~~

"A message can be relayed if you wish, Councilor." The Avatar looked over. "It would be quicker for myself to do so, as I cannot examine the ship but can pass messages around."


A HP: 69/69 | Mythic Points: 9/9pd | Ki Pool: 4/4 || R HP: HP: 42/42 Persona time left: 9 mins, Ext Persona 1/1
Aiday:
AC: 20 + 4 Deflection Bonus when moving, T: 16, FF: 14, SR: 11| Fort: +4/6, Ref: +14/16, Will: +8/12 | CMB: +7, CMD: 23 | Init: +8, Perception: +11
Rinat:
AC: 18 Human, 20 Hybrid & Wolf | T: 11, FF: 12 Human/13 | Fort: +7, Ref: +4, Will +6 | CMB: +4; CMD: +15 (19 vs trip as wolf) | Init +2, Perc: +6. Personas may differ.

After another second looking around, Aibek nods, "That would be a big help, if you would be so kind. I will update you on the ship hopefully later today. Is there anything beyond the prisoners you think best to keep an eye out for...?" Smelling a little more sea than cherry blossoms for a moment, Aibek unsurely started to mentally prepare for what was likely to be something more than a little weird on Mihara's kin's ship.


GM of all he Surveys - Still sick, but in a different way

"Your report mentioned a song that put the crew to sleep. It might be wise to remain aware of such, in case that was why no word has gotten out."


Female Fey Kitsune Kitsune Rogue 7 / Trickster Tier 2 | HP: 60/60 - M: 6/7 | AC: 22 T: 18 FF: 14 | F: +4 R: +13 W: +2 (+5 vs. Mind Affecting)| Init: +10 Perc: +10

Having reclaimed human form to force the door open, Mihara rushes to check on the crew. After checking around for potential hidden foes she tries to shake one of them awake.

"Are you well? What happened?"


GM of all he Surveys - Still sick, but in a different way

The crewman's eyed opened blearily. "Whut? There was...singin'"


Witch 8/Arch. 3 | HP: 75/75 | Melee: +5, Ranged: +7 | AC: 26, T: 13, FF: 23, DR: 8 (Blu/Mag) | Fort: +6, Ref: +5, Will: +8 (+4 vs Chan. Ener.) | CMB: +5, CMD: 18 | Init: +12, Perception: +23 |

"Sirens, merfolk... lots of dangers in song at sea." Azri said as she came in behind Mihara. "Best to mitigate that as best you can... though I rather think we'll need to have a talk with everything out there in the waters. Most of them seem very riled up at the moment."


A HP: 69/69 | Mythic Points: 9/9pd | Ki Pool: 4/4 || R HP: HP: 42/42 Persona time left: 9 mins, Ext Persona 1/1
Aiday:
AC: 20 + 4 Deflection Bonus when moving, T: 16, FF: 14, SR: 11| Fort: +4/6, Ref: +14/16, Will: +8/12 | CMB: +7, CMD: 23 | Init: +8, Perception: +11
Rinat:
AC: 18 Human, 20 Hybrid & Wolf | T: 11, FF: 12 Human/13 | Fort: +7, Ref: +4, Will +6 | CMB: +4; CMD: +15 (19 vs trip as wolf) | Init +2, Perc: +6. Personas may differ.

"That's true, thank you for reminding me Nexus. Maybe some of this cloth and wool will help...as long as they can't put it straight into our heads" Aibek said with concern - there was a lot about yesterday's attackers Aibek did not know and with everything that had gone on Aibek had not made time or thought to ask above other things which brought up mixed feeling while reaching into a side pocket that had some of the extra material from one of Aibek's sewing projects.

Aibek attempted to fasten some cloth earplugs, offering some for Ayreth, before Aibek thanked Nexus again for her time and following to catch up with Azri to seeing to Mihara and her kin.


GM of all he Surveys - Still sick, but in a different way

The rest of the party came upon Mihara as she was waking the crew. Of them, only Aibek noticed the charred wood smell, as the smell was subtle. The ship herself seemed still and quiet, with the exception of the confused crewman and the creak of wood.


Female Fey Kitsune Kitsune Rogue 7 / Trickster Tier 2 | HP: 60/60 - M: 6/7 | AC: 22 T: 18 FF: 14 | F: +4 R: +13 W: +2 (+5 vs. Mind Affecting)| Init: +10 Perc: +10

"Do you recall anything else?" Mihara asks, untying the crewman. "Did you see anyone?"


GM of all he Surveys - Still sick, but in a different way

"There was a bang. We were going to investigate when the singing began. Then we all just...fell asleep." Unbound and shaking life back into there hands, the crewman began to untie others.


A HP: 69/69 | Mythic Points: 9/9pd | Ki Pool: 4/4 || R HP: HP: 42/42 Persona time left: 9 mins, Ext Persona 1/1
Aiday:
AC: 20 + 4 Deflection Bonus when moving, T: 16, FF: 14, SR: 11| Fort: +4/6, Ref: +14/16, Will: +8/12 | CMB: +7, CMD: 23 | Init: +8, Perception: +11
Rinat:
AC: 18 Human, 20 Hybrid & Wolf | T: 11, FF: 12 Human/13 | Fort: +7, Ref: +4, Will +6 | CMB: +4; CMD: +15 (19 vs trip as wolf) | Init +2, Perc: +6. Personas may differ.

Crinkling nose, deep breath -- the faint, very faint charred odour came through, with old memories that rose quickly pushed aside by the sea smells and cherry blossoms that didn't seem to want to leave Aibek's senses yet.

Looking to Mihara's kin with a nod and then over to Mihara, Aibek took a few moments to listen and consider the ship, "Similar to yesterday, though quite different as well. I'm happy to help you check if anyone is missing and...that concerning smell...though...first, maybe helping them get someone comfortable and warm?"

Perception: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (7) + 10 = 17


GM of all he Surveys - Still sick, but in a different way

The scent seems to be coming from the hold where the prisoners were being held.


Witch 8/Arch. 3 | HP: 75/75 | Melee: +5, Ranged: +7 | AC: 26, T: 13, FF: 23, DR: 8 (Blu/Mag) | Fort: +6, Ref: +5, Will: +8 (+4 vs Chan. Ener.) | CMB: +5, CMD: 18 | Init: +12, Perception: +23 |

"Had you ever heard singing of the type before? Or heard any warnings that might pinpoint the source?" Azri asked, trying to gather as much information as she could.


GM of all he Surveys - Still sick, but in a different way

"It was the same as when we were attacked by the Gillmen yesterday," was the response.


Female Fey Kitsune Kitsune Rogue 7 / Trickster Tier 2 | HP: 60/60 - M: 6/7 | AC: 22 T: 18 FF: 14 | F: +4 R: +13 W: +2 (+5 vs. Mind Affecting)| Init: +10 Perc: +10

"We should investigate the ship, but I agree with Azri. Let's get them home safely first. I must humbly apologize for these events befalling you."


A HP: 69/69 | Mythic Points: 9/9pd | Ki Pool: 4/4 || R HP: HP: 42/42 Persona time left: 9 mins, Ext Persona 1/1
Aiday:
AC: 20 + 4 Deflection Bonus when moving, T: 16, FF: 14, SR: 11| Fort: +4/6, Ref: +14/16, Will: +8/12 | CMB: +7, CMD: 23 | Init: +8, Perception: +11
Rinat:
AC: 18 Human, 20 Hybrid & Wolf | T: 11, FF: 12 Human/13 | Fort: +7, Ref: +4, Will +6 | CMB: +4; CMD: +15 (19 vs trip as wolf) | Init +2, Perc: +6. Personas may differ.

"Practically no one could have foreseen this, and there were many other things to be done yesterday. I will try to flag down some guards to escort them home, we'll need to check the ship for others quickly..." Aibek attempted to be comforting, though with the searing smell and the recent events, being quick was also important.

Once some guards could attend to the crew found so far on the ship, Aibek would go following the scent. At that point, the shadows seemed eager to join in searching.


GM of all he Surveys - Still sick, but in a different way

The scene in the hold was...unpleasant. It soon became clear that the voice, whatever it was, could do more than immolate its thralls. One of them had been blown apart. The frayed ropes next to it suggested that the purpose behind it had been to free one of the others, although the damage it had received must have been horrific.

There is also a small hole punched into the side of the ship, high enough above the waterline that only the occasional wave sloshes in. Of the missing people, crew and attackers there is no sign.

4,901 to 4,950 of 5,098 << first < prev | 92 | 93 | 94 | 95 | 96 | 97 | 98 | 99 | 100 | 101 | 102 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Broken Towers All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.