Broken Towers

Game Master JonGarrett

The Glorious Website
Underground Fortress


4,601 to 4,650 of 5,099 << first < prev | 88 | 89 | 90 | 91 | 92 | 93 | 94 | 95 | 96 | 97 | 98 | next > last >>

Witch 8/Arch. 3 | HP: 75/75 | Melee: +5, Ranged: +7 | AC: 26, T: 13, FF: 23, DR: 8 (Blu/Mag) | Fort: +6, Ref: +5, Will: +8 (+4 vs Chan. Ener.) | CMB: +5, CMD: 18 | Init: +12, Perception: +23 |

Azri strode forward as the ship finished docking, looking up at those on deck. "So, what brings you to Khalharum?" she called up cheerfully - and more emotionally than she actually felt. She was dead, after all. Most of her feelings were pretty muted by this point.


Female Fey Kitsune Kitsune Rogue 7 / Trickster Tier 2 | HP: 60/60 - M: 6/7 | AC: 22 T: 18 FF: 14 | F: +4 R: +13 W: +2 (+5 vs. Mind Affecting)| Init: +10 Perc: +10

Before I get to Ayreth, any information from 'Uncle', GM?


GM of all he Surveys - Still sick, but in a different way

Uncle had not overheard any rumours. With a single ship the newcomer was either a forerunner of a larger operator, or a smaller trader who hadn't made a significant mark. Or someone who was simply keeping things...discrete.


Male Reprego Incanter 7/ Trickster 2 l HP 50 l AC: 27, T: 26, FF: 22 l F: +5, R: +8, W: +7 l Init +7 l Perception +8

Saiga the halfling gives a deep bow, coming up with a smile.

"Greetings greetings, I am a humble merchant and visitor to your budding city. Saiga Manu. These are my associates Gursit, Giles, Scarlet, and Mursis."

His hand darted to the little dragon on his shoulder, the well dressed tengu, the exotic woman, and the far larger dragon in rapid succession with each name. His hand lingers into a soft stroke on the large dragon's head which unlike the others did not respond to it's name by bowing or nodding. It merely stared intensely.

"As for why I am here. Many reasons but among them is that I was called."


Witch 8/Arch. 3 | HP: 75/75 | Melee: +5, Ranged: +7 | AC: 26, T: 13, FF: 23, DR: 8 (Blu/Mag) | Fort: +6, Ref: +5, Will: +8 (+4 vs Chan. Ener.) | CMB: +5, CMD: 18 | Init: +12, Perception: +23 |

"I see. A merchant, is it? Do you plan to stay long? We're happy to receive both permanent guests and visitors, of course, but we do have different offers for different people. You may have noticed that we're in the midst of rebuilding the city after its long ruin - any mutually beneficial arrangement is welcome here."


Male Reprego Incanter 7/ Trickster 2 l HP 50 l AC: 27, T: 26, FF: 22 l F: +5, R: +8, W: +7 l Init +7 l Perception +8

Saiga smiles politely.

"Do excuse me but who exactly are you? Are you the dock master?"

He didn't know if he was being baited or not, ether way he was not biting.


Female Fey Kitsune Kitsune Rogue 7 / Trickster Tier 2 | HP: 60/60 - M: 6/7 | AC: 22 T: 18 FF: 14 | F: +4 R: +13 W: +2 (+5 vs. Mind Affecting)| Init: +10 Perc: +10

[i]"Thank you, Uncle. I'm on my way to check it out, I'll make sure to let the clan know if there's anything to be concerned about."[/b]

She then turns to Ayreth, motioning for them to make their way to the ship.

"Not a clue who they might be, but Nexus alerted us that they have one of the Symbols. It seems to me like we may need to be wary. My kin have not noticed anything out of the ordinary so far."

Dark Archive

CG Changeling Heavens Oracle(8) | HP: 87 | AC: 19 T:13 FF:17 | DR: 5/cold iron | CMD:20 | F:+5 R:+4 W:+9* | Init:+5 | Perc:+14 | Darkvision: 60' | Low-light Vision | Speed: 30' | Mythic Power: 7 | True Lore: 2 | Vision: 2 | Cleric Channel(1d6): 11 | Oracle Channel(4d6): 11 | Spells: 1st: 9 | 2nd: 9 | 3rd: 7 | 4th: 5 |

"Of course. Even without that, a Katapesh ship would be cause enough. Add to that, it might be one of his minions, Symbol found and in hand."


Witch 8/Arch. 3 | HP: 75/75 | Melee: +5, Ranged: +7 | AC: 26, T: 13, FF: 23, DR: 8 (Blu/Mag) | Fort: +6, Ref: +5, Will: +8 (+4 vs Chan. Ener.) | CMB: +5, CMD: 18 | Init: +12, Perception: +23 |

"I am Councillor Azri, one of the current leaders of the city. Would you like to get all the paperwork out of the way first, or would you prefer to look around the city a little and make your decisions after?" Azri said, raising her staff slightly.


Male Reprego Incanter 7/ Trickster 2 l HP 50 l AC: 27, T: 26, FF: 22 l F: +5, R: +8, W: +7 l Init +7 l Perception +8

"I think I'll take the paperwork now, best to get business done first and all."

Seems they didn't have a dockmaster or anyone to deal with incoming ships. That was interesting.


Female Fey Kitsune Kitsune Rogue 7 / Trickster Tier 2 | HP: 60/60 - M: 6/7 | AC: 22 T: 18 FF: 14 | F: +4 R: +13 W: +2 (+5 vs. Mind Affecting)| Init: +10 Perc: +10

"For the good of the city, let us hope not. Shall we?"

Mihara led Ayreth and Saraki down to the ship, and smiled as she saw Azri already involved with the stranger.

"Councillor Azri, I see you arrived before we did." Mihara smiled. "Might we be introduced to our visitor? Please forgive my lateness, I'm afraid I was involved with personal matters."

At that last comment, Mihara offered her sister a subtle, but familiar smile.

To think just a few years ago, you were struggling to show your human visage, and today you stand with me to greet a political visitor. How time passes.


A HP: 69/69 | Mythic Points: 9/9pd | Ki Pool: 4/4 || R HP: HP: 42/42 Persona time left: 9 mins, Ext Persona 1/1
Aiday:
AC: 20 + 4 Deflection Bonus when moving, T: 16, FF: 14, SR: 11| Fort: +4/6, Ref: +14/16, Will: +8/12 | CMB: +7, CMD: 23 | Init: +8, Perception: +11
Rinat:
AC: 18 Human, 20 Hybrid & Wolf | T: 11, FF: 12 Human/13 | Fort: +7, Ref: +4, Will +6 | CMB: +4; CMD: +15 (19 vs trip as wolf) | Init +2, Perc: +6. Personas may differ.

In the Thirsty Dryad Inn's kitchen:
In the Thirsty Dryad Inn's kitchen, the witchwolf continues happily, making pie filling and discussing pies. Anxiety is obvious, but it slowly, bit by bit, relaxing into the work, though Aibek doesn't give as much of a glance towards the door - an oddity as the councillor is usually in and out and talking with people when helping Azerna at the inn.


Witch 8/Arch. 3 | HP: 75/75 | Melee: +5, Ranged: +7 | AC: 26, T: 13, FF: 23, DR: 8 (Blu/Mag) | Fort: +6, Ref: +5, Will: +8 (+4 vs Chan. Ener.) | CMB: +5, CMD: 18 | Init: +12, Perception: +23 |

"The merchant Saiga Manu, and associates." Azri said, holding up one hand to gesture to the halfling and his compatriots. "They'd like to get the paperwork out of the way first - fear not, it doesn't take long." she added, glancing over her shoulder. "We have to do inspections of things brought into the city and such, but we value our trade relationships, and we try to make the process as painless as possible. An extra bit of encouragement to return. Sailors do prefer friendly ports, no?"


GM of all he Surveys - Still sick, but in a different way

In the interest of moving things along...

Paperwork is filled out and there doesn't seem to be an issue with ship's cargo. Nexus continues to watch, however, clearly focusing on the fact that the merchant has a Mark.

Since Saiga doesn't seem interested in revealing the details around his mark, yet, does anyone have anything else they wanna do? Or shall we move things along a little?


Female Fey Kitsune Kitsune Rogue 7 / Trickster Tier 2 | HP: 60/60 - M: 6/7 | AC: 22 T: 18 FF: 14 | F: +4 R: +13 W: +2 (+5 vs. Mind Affecting)| Init: +10 Perc: +10

"A fellow merchant, then. I hope to have the pleasure of doing business with you in times to come. Might I be so bold as to ask how you came in possession of a Symbol of Authority?"


Female Fey Kitsune Kitsune Rogue 7 / Trickster Tier 2 | HP: 60/60 - M: 6/7 | AC: 22 T: 18 FF: 14 | F: +4 R: +13 W: +2 (+5 vs. Mind Affecting)| Init: +10 Perc: +10

PLEASE DISREGARD MY PREVIOUS POST. I AM A BIG SILLY.

Mihara and Saraki bow respectfully to the newcomers.

"A fellow merchant, then. I hope to have the pleasure of doing business with you in times to come. I am Mihara of Clan Yao of the Moon's Whisper, and this is my sister and assistant, Saraki. My kin and I oversee much of the merchantry done within this port. Might I be so bold as to inquire what led you to our growing city?"


Male Reprego Incanter 7/ Trickster 2 l HP 50 l AC: 27, T: 26, FF: 22 l F: +5, R: +8, W: +7 l Init +7 l Perception +8

"Oh I was invited, called you could say. Something about a fallen warrior. Are you sure you want to talk about all that here?"

He gives Mihara a sidelong look, one any merchant would know that some things are best done behind closed doors.


Witch 8/Arch. 3 | HP: 75/75 | Melee: +5, Ranged: +7 | AC: 26, T: 13, FF: 23, DR: 8 (Blu/Mag) | Fort: +6, Ref: +5, Will: +8 (+4 vs Chan. Ener.) | CMB: +5, CMD: 18 | Init: +12, Perception: +23 |

Azri held up her fingers and, very quickly, started doing calculations. "Carry the one, multiply by distance..." she muttered.


GM of all he Surveys - Still sick, but in a different way

It was, indeed, not hard to find somewhere more quiet to talk. Nexus directed the discussion to an unoccupied building.


Female Fey Kitsune Kitsune Rogue 7 / Trickster Tier 2 | HP: 60/60 - M: 6/7 | AC: 22 T: 18 FF: 14 | F: +4 R: +13 W: +2 (+5 vs. Mind Affecting)| Init: +10 Perc: +10

"So, as you were saying. An invitation of some sort? Did you know the fallen, by any chance?"

Cordial, but wary, that was how her father had always greeted unusual visitors. Clan Yao never turned visitors away unprovoked, but they were no fools, and this was true of the eldest daughter as well.


Male Reprego Incanter 7/ Trickster 2 l HP 50 l AC: 27, T: 26, FF: 22 l F: +5, R: +8, W: +7 l Init +7 l Perception +8

He waves the others to stay on the ship but takes along his dragon.

"Not at all, I have no idea who the warrior was. As to the invitation, as I said it was more a call. The best way to describe it is that I have a patron when they speak I listen. It's always a choice but I find ignoring them or making the wrong choice only brings ill tidings. Every time I make the right choice I come out better for it. They lead me here, unusually direct I would add. Which I admit made me suspicious, so I may have the advantage of knowing more then you think I do."

He gave a mischievous smile.


Witch 8/Arch. 3 | HP: 75/75 | Melee: +5, Ranged: +7 | AC: 26, T: 13, FF: 23, DR: 8 (Blu/Mag) | Fort: +6, Ref: +5, Will: +8 (+4 vs Chan. Ener.) | CMB: +5, CMD: 18 | Init: +12, Perception: +23 |

"That does seem suspicious, yes." Azri agreed. "It's always best to be wary of voices encouraging you to do things when you don't understand their purpose or motivations. That you have benefited in the past is no guarantee of future success."


Male Reprego Incanter 7/ Trickster 2 l HP 50 l AC: 27, T: 26, FF: 22 l F: +5, R: +8, W: +7 l Init +7 l Perception +8

"From what I understand you heard them too. Just later than me for whatever reason. Also, I never take anything at face value. I knew about you before you knew about me from my own experience. Otherwise, I would not have come with my associates to your dock."

He rubs his chin as he thinks for a moment. Wondering how much of his hand he wanted to show just yet.


GM of all he Surveys - Still sick, but in a different way

As they listened, Nexus tilted her head. "None of this seems to be part of my function, either ones from the past or those that could be implemented in the future. I'm afraid I cannot offer an explanation without more information."


Witch 8/Arch. 3 | HP: 75/75 | Melee: +5, Ranged: +7 | AC: 26, T: 13, FF: 23, DR: 8 (Blu/Mag) | Fort: +6, Ref: +5, Will: +8 (+4 vs Chan. Ener.) | CMB: +5, CMD: 18 | Init: +12, Perception: +23 |

Azri looked at Nexus. "You realize that just makes me want to try implementing that feature, right?" she asked. Something something paradoxes.


GM of all he Surveys - Still sick, but in a different way

Nexus considered. "It is possible. Theoretically. But it would require an extensive change to how some of the spells used to construct the city interact."


Female Fey Kitsune Kitsune Rogue 7 / Trickster Tier 2 | HP: 60/60 - M: 6/7 | AC: 22 T: 18 FF: 14 | F: +4 R: +13 W: +2 (+5 vs. Mind Affecting)| Init: +10 Perc: +10

Ah, a shrewd one, I see.

"In the interest of fairness," Mihara smiles, "Would you care to share this mysterious knowledge of yours?"

"I can't speak for my companions, but I would be happy to add one more to our lot, assuming you bring some interesting talents of your own to the table and that you have the kind of... let us say values... which we seek for this town."

Mihara notes with a smile that Saraki seemed to be following at least fragments of the conversation. It was good that the younger Kitsune was beginning to learn the language.


Male Reprego Incanter 7/ Trickster 2 l HP 50 l AC: 27, T: 26, FF: 22 l F: +5, R: +8, W: +7 l Init +7 l Perception +8

Saiga shrugs, more to himself than them. He may as well show them now rather than later all things considered.

"Do me a favor and don't take it personally or overreact, I get that a lot."

Taking a look around and having Mursis' bulk between anyone but the party blocking the view, he drops his magical disguise. Showing his true and various odd featured form.

"This is my true form and few are those that can notice it unless I want them to. I was Cinat as well and have no connection to the Belkik Tribe, I merely used their name as a cover."

He raises a claw in a familiar fashion that Cinat did not too long ago.

"I did nothing to harm their reputation or interest, I dare say I improved it all things considered."

He kept ready in case these people reacted rashly to run. He had kept Mursis close for a reason.


Witch 8/Arch. 3 | HP: 75/75 | Melee: +5, Ranged: +7 | AC: 26, T: 13, FF: 23, DR: 8 (Blu/Mag) | Fort: +6, Ref: +5, Will: +8 (+4 vs Chan. Ener.) | CMB: +5, CMD: 18 | Init: +12, Perception: +23 |

Azri smirked slightly... but didn't take off the mask that made her look human. It was funnier when people found out on their own. "Well, perhaps you can help us improve Khalharum's name as well. After all, the more we're known, the easier it will be to get even more trade. We don't expect to become greater than Absalom anytime soon, but I daresay we can at least become a valuable port in our own right."


Female Fey Kitsune Kitsune Rogue 7 / Trickster Tier 2 | HP: 60/60 - M: 6/7 | AC: 22 T: 18 FF: 14 | F: +4 R: +13 W: +2 (+5 vs. Mind Affecting)| Init: +10 Perc: +10

"Hm... Believe me, I would be the last person to overreact to this kind of revelation," Mihara chuckles.

"Perhaps I ought to extend a similar courtesy."

After ensuring she is unseen by outsides as well, the human Mihara dips into a polite low bow to their guest.

The full-blooded kitsune Mihara then stands back up, three tails, golden stripe and all.

"You are not the only one who can hold a secret. Let it be said that I expect you to keep mine much as I intend to keep yours."


Male Reprego Incanter 7/ Trickster 2 l HP 50 l AC: 27, T: 26, FF: 22 l F: +5, R: +8, W: +7 l Init +7 l Perception +8

Saiga strokes his chin before twisting one of his catfish-like whiskers back, over an ear if he had any you assume.

"Depends, anyone ever tried to murder you so that they could stuff your corpse as a one of a kind specimen. Besides the tails, your just like most other Kitsune. A nice skirt could solve your problems with the knowledgable and your natural abilities could fool the ignorant. Before I got my hands on a proper magical item I was fair game to all. No offense intended but I am a merchant and assigning value is in my nature. Not that I claim to be unbias on the subject of course. I will do my best considering my own self-interest is involved."

He gives a charming little smile, somehow making his reptilian features charming.

"That said you're taking my little deception very well. Not that I am complaining but it does cause me to worry. It's not good to be fooled and to dismiss it so. Starting to see why my patron sent me here. Demanding as always."

He brings back his halfling form.

"If it's, all the same, I will keep up appearances. My own people are aware of course. So with all that out of the way. Know where a half pint can get a pint?"


Female Fey Kitsune Kitsune Rogue 7 / Trickster Tier 2 | HP: 60/60 - M: 6/7 | AC: 22 T: 18 FF: 14 | F: +4 R: +13 W: +2 (+5 vs. Mind Affecting)| Init: +10 Perc: +10

Mihara reclaims her human form as well, though looking significantly more cross after Saiga's rant.

"It is a foolish one who thinks to wield his miseries in talk as one wields a sword in battle."

Mihara turns her back on Saiga and begins to walk away.

"Your deception? You came in a disguise much as I do, because your true nature brings problems to you. What was truly lost to us? A halfling could pose just as much threat as anyone else, could they not? Wizards and sorcerers walk our world amongst commoners, and many wear masks such as ours. You would do well to keep your pride in check, and doubly so if you claim to be a merchant."


Male Reprego Incanter 7/ Trickster 2 l HP 50 l AC: 27, T: 26, FF: 22 l F: +5, R: +8, W: +7 l Init +7 l Perception +8

Saiga just looks around with an innocent face after Mihara's words.

"So that's a no on the pint? Not a tavern to be had in this budding city? Cause that could be a dire problem."

Dark Archive

CG Changeling Heavens Oracle(8) | HP: 87 | AC: 19 T:13 FF:17 | DR: 5/cold iron | CMD:20 | F:+5 R:+4 W:+9* | Init:+5 | Perc:+14 | Darkvision: 60' | Low-light Vision | Speed: 30' | Mythic Power: 7 | True Lore: 2 | Vision: 2 | Cleric Channel(1d6): 11 | Oracle Channel(4d6): 11 | Spells: 1st: 9 | 2nd: 9 | 3rd: 7 | 4th: 5 |

Ayreth walks with Mihara. "Like we said earlier, long day..."


Witch 8/Arch. 3 | HP: 75/75 | Melee: +5, Ranged: +7 | AC: 26, T: 13, FF: 23, DR: 8 (Blu/Mag) | Fort: +6, Ref: +5, Will: +8 (+4 vs Chan. Ener.) | CMB: +5, CMD: 18 | Init: +12, Perception: +23 |

"We could probably find something. For that matter, since a lot of food and drink is imported, you might find a new favorite... or an old." Azri said, figuring it was good to reinforce the perception of the city as one of trade.


Female Fey Kitsune Kitsune Rogue 7 / Trickster Tier 2 | HP: 60/60 - M: 6/7 | AC: 22 T: 18 FF: 14 | F: +4 R: +13 W: +2 (+5 vs. Mind Affecting)| Init: +10 Perc: +10

"Azri, would you mind showing our guest around? My sister and I have some personal matters to attend to. Perhaps we can discuss business in the morning."


GM of all he Surveys - Still sick, but in a different way

Sorry guys, I've had a horrifying chest infection which floored me. Let's get this party started.

Time passed, as time does, and Khalharum settled from the loss of the General Nigrum. There are stories that the latest addition to the city was working on a project - something to bring in great wealth for the city. No one is quite certain what it is, but there are plenty of rumours.

It is nearing midnight when the voice of Nexus calls out, without it's visual presence. "Apologies, Councilor, for disturbing you at this late hour. A ship has just entered the harbour. It appears to have been holed at the waterline and is danger of sinking. There is also no signal from the crew when the harbour master. It's possible that is a hostile action."

In the distance a faint shouting can be heard.


A HP: 69/69 | Mythic Points: 9/9pd | Ki Pool: 4/4 || R HP: HP: 42/42 Persona time left: 9 mins, Ext Persona 1/1
Aiday:
AC: 20 + 4 Deflection Bonus when moving, T: 16, FF: 14, SR: 11| Fort: +4/6, Ref: +14/16, Will: +8/12 | CMB: +7, CMD: 23 | Init: +8, Perception: +11
Rinat:
AC: 18 Human, 20 Hybrid & Wolf | T: 11, FF: 12 Human/13 | Fort: +7, Ref: +4, Will +6 | CMB: +4; CMD: +15 (19 vs trip as wolf) | Init +2, Perc: +6. Personas may differ.

Aibek was helping clean up the common room of the inn after another busy late night when the message came through. Aibek fails miserably in holding in a 'but I had plans' sigh before saying a reflexive thank you. Apologising to Azerna, the witchwolf changed as quickly as possible - in multiple ways - and headed down to the docks...

Perception: 1d20 + 10 + 1 + 3 ⇒ (10) + 10 + 1 + 3 = 24


Female Fey Kitsune Kitsune Rogue 7 / Trickster Tier 2 | HP: 60/60 - M: 6/7 | AC: 22 T: 18 FF: 14 | F: +4 R: +13 W: +2 (+5 vs. Mind Affecting)| Init: +10 Perc: +10

"Good afternoon, have you seen a man come by on... on a... ... how do you say 'horse' again, Sister?"

It was promising to be a quiet night at the private residence Councilor Yao shared with her sister. Saraki was taking quite nicely to the common tongue, and the sister were practicing her conversational skills before bed.

Thanks to the linking books, Mihara and Saraki had been keeping in touch with their brothers in Tian. All was well over there. The trees of their parents' shrine were flowering nicely, and a small pirate raid had been dealt with without issue thanks to Chakosu's quick thinking.

Mihara's precious songbirds slept peacefully upon the branches of their mock tree in their ornate cage.

That is, until the loud clarion of Nexus's voice sent them into a frenzy of chirps and screeches, and alerted the sisters to the emergency.

"I had better look into this," Mihara said. "Try and get some rest, and I'll be back before you know it."

"Be safe, Sister." Saraki nodded.

"Oh, and the word you're looking for is 'horse'."

Mihara gathered her weapons and traded her nightclothes for an ornate long-sleeved dress coat with a brush of her vulpine hands against her sleeves of many garments, before shifting into fully vulpine form and dashing for the port as fast as she could, blinking in and out of the shadows on her way.

It's never a peaceful moment in this town. Sometimes I miss home.


Male Reprego Incanter 7/ Trickster 2 l HP 50 l AC: 27, T: 26, FF: 22 l F: +5, R: +8, W: +7 l Init +7 l Perception +8

The kobold was working late as usual. One of the advantages of his kind was that they needed little to fully function, sleep being one of them. Add a certain magical trinket into the mix and the merchant got the most out of every day. His accounting is suddenly interrupted by Nexus.

"Honestly no guards or patrols, does no one protect the docks."

Gursit looks up from his little bed.

"I'll go take a look, keep an eye out. Don't need my ship getting sunk. I'll take Mursis with me."

He really needed to set up shop somewhere inland. Then again maybe it was better to stay on his vessel in case he had to make a quick escape if infrastructure wasn't improved. He shifts into his halfling form as he opens the door to the cool night air and summons Mursis from its perch. Jumping on the dragon the pair rise into the night. Making for the dock where the others will no doubt gather.


Witch 8/Arch. 3 | HP: 75/75 | Melee: +5, Ranged: +7 | AC: 26, T: 13, FF: 23, DR: 8 (Blu/Mag) | Fort: +6, Ref: +5, Will: +8 (+4 vs Chan. Ener.) | CMB: +5, CMD: 18 | Init: +12, Perception: +23 |

"Lovely. More ships." said Azri, who hadn't been sleeping. She didn't do that anymore, but she shrugged slightly and hopped onto her cloud to shoot down towards the harbor and see what was going on.

Dark Archive

CG Changeling Heavens Oracle(8) | HP: 87 | AC: 19 T:13 FF:17 | DR: 5/cold iron | CMD:20 | F:+5 R:+4 W:+9* | Init:+5 | Perc:+14 | Darkvision: 60' | Low-light Vision | Speed: 30' | Mythic Power: 7 | True Lore: 2 | Vision: 2 | Cleric Channel(1d6): 11 | Oracle Channel(4d6): 11 | Spells: 1st: 9 | 2nd: 9 | 3rd: 7 | 4th: 5 |

The alarm pulls Ayreth out of exploring the dreamscape and she hurries down to the docks.


Male. Mostly. Human. Mostly. Archaeologist

Arriving down at the docks reveals a scene of mild confusion. As noted, there had been issues with attacking or hostile ships before, and as a result the militia was present and ready to defend. The Sword Dragon was also shadowing the stricken vessel in the harbour.

If this was some cunning trick, however, it was a good one. The ship at sea was listing dangerously to port, her sails a tattered and charred mess. Even though she was several hundred meters away still the yells, shouts and screams of the people aboard could be heard on the docks. Assuming Nexus had alerted you as soon as the ship entered the harbour then she had obviously slowed dramatically, suggesting water was slowing her down.


Female Fey Kitsune Kitsune Rogue 7 / Trickster Tier 2 | HP: 60/60 - M: 6/7 | AC: 22 T: 18 FF: 14 | F: +4 R: +13 W: +2 (+5 vs. Mind Affecting)| Init: +10 Perc: +10

Mihara reclaims human form before flying for the ship. Her fox form would be a little too conspicuous, and flies over to the ship to quickly assesss the situation.


Male Reprego Incanter 7/ Trickster 2 l HP 50 l AC: 27, T: 26, FF: 22 l F: +5, R: +8, W: +7 l Init +7 l Perception +8

Seeing someone else take point, Saiga directs his dragon companion to follow. He knew few creatures that could see as good as he could in complete darkness. Anyways it never hurt to get information first hand on a mystery ship.


GM of all he Surveys - Still sick, but in a different way

It's hard to say exactly what is going on - there seems to be a fight raging on the deck of the ship while some of the crew attempt to save the vessel, or at least keep it from ploughing beneath the sea before reaching the deck. The attacking force is wearing some kind of shell-like armour, but it's difficult to make out more from above.


Male Reprego Incanter 7/ Trickster 2 l HP 50 l AC: 27, T: 26, FF: 22 l F: +5, R: +8, W: +7 l Init +7 l Perception +8

"I'm going to take a closer look."

He says to Mihara before touching his companion causing it to disappear as well as himself. Once invisible the pair get closer to the ship but still out of reach should anything on board attempt to attack them.


A HP: 69/69 | Mythic Points: 9/9pd | Ki Pool: 4/4 || R HP: HP: 42/42 Persona time left: 9 mins, Ext Persona 1/1
Aiday:
AC: 20 + 4 Deflection Bonus when moving, T: 16, FF: 14, SR: 11| Fort: +4/6, Ref: +14/16, Will: +8/12 | CMB: +7, CMD: 23 | Init: +8, Perception: +11
Rinat:
AC: 18 Human, 20 Hybrid & Wolf | T: 11, FF: 12 Human/13 | Fort: +7, Ref: +4, Will +6 | CMB: +4; CMD: +15 (19 vs trip as wolf) | Init +2, Perc: +6. Personas may differ.

Aibek watched the going on from the docks for a few moments. It looked very odd indeed and, without enough experience with boats to make any plans, Aibek felt it best to approach the guards to ask how they were and their thoughts on what they had seen tonight while waiting for Ayreth and the others.

Perception: 1d20 + 10 + 1 + 3 ⇒ (8) + 10 + 1 + 3 = 22

Dark Archive

CG Changeling Heavens Oracle(8) | HP: 87 | AC: 19 T:13 FF:17 | DR: 5/cold iron | CMD:20 | F:+5 R:+4 W:+9* | Init:+5 | Perc:+14 | Darkvision: 60' | Low-light Vision | Speed: 30' | Mythic Power: 7 | True Lore: 2 | Vision: 2 | Cleric Channel(1d6): 11 | Oracle Channel(4d6): 11 | Spells: 1st: 9 | 2nd: 9 | 3rd: 7 | 4th: 5 |

In a well-intentioned attempt to stop the fighting on the ship, Ayreth reaches out her hand, summoning forth a cloud of lights to distract those on board.

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Cast Hypnotic Pattern
HD affected: 2d4 + 6 + 2 ⇒ (3, 4) + 6 + 2 = 15

Revelation: Awesome Display (Su)(-10): Your phantasmagoric displays accurately model the mysteries of the night sky, dumbfounding all who behold them. Each creature affected by your illusion (pattern) spells is treated as if its total number of Hit Dice were equal to its number of Hit Dice minus your Charisma modifier.

2nd: 7/8


GM of all he Surveys - Still sick, but in a different way

The attackers seem to be some kind of merfolk. Their equipment is coral and shell, and several nearer the edges don't have legs but instead one long tail.

Hypnotic Pattern: 2d4 ⇒ (4, 1) = 5

Several members of the crew and the attackers became fascinated by the shifting patterns. The ship began to list futher as several of the people keep her afloat stopped working.

The attackers began to withdraw, grabbing the fascinated members as they went.

4,601 to 4,650 of 5,099 << first < prev | 88 | 89 | 90 | 91 | 92 | 93 | 94 | 95 | 96 | 97 | 98 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Broken Towers All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.