Broken Towers

Game Master JonGarrett

The Glorious Website
Underground Fortress


4,701 to 4,750 of 5,098 << first < prev | 90 | 91 | 92 | 93 | 94 | 95 | 96 | 97 | 98 | 99 | 100 | next > last >>
Dark Archive

CG Changeling Heavens Oracle(8) | HP: 87 | AC: 19 T:13 FF:17 | DR: 5/cold iron | CMD:20 | F:+5 R:+4 W:+9* | Init:+5 | Perc:+14 | Darkvision: 60' | Low-light Vision | Speed: 30' | Mythic Power: 7 | True Lore: 2 | Vision: 2 | Cleric Channel(1d6): 11 | Oracle Channel(4d6): 11 | Spells: 1st: 9 | 2nd: 9 | 3rd: 7 | 4th: 5 |

"And Nexus, what is he doing here?" Ayreth jerks her head, indicating Saiga.


GM of all he Surveys - Still sick, but in a different way

"As a bearer of a mark, he is entitled to sit upon council meetings until his mark is removed, his position is removed by council vote or he resigns his position," the voice of the city replied. "He may also be able to help in this situation."

"As to a location, I am fairly certain the caster or casters is within the city limits, but have been hidden by my site via a magical spell or item. Given that there are several hundred miles of roads and tunnels within the city and five islands currently uninhabited combined with the underwater areas in the harbour and bay that, unfortunately, is of limited help."


Male Reprego Incanter 7/ Trickster 2 l HP 50 l AC: 27, T: 26, FF: 22 l F: +5, R: +8, W: +7 l Init +7 l Perception +8

"Do focus my dear, your city is being attacked and you shouldn't be picky about where you get help from."

He replies to Ayreth.

"I managed to observe enough of the storm to read it to an extent. It's magical, weather magic to be more accurate, as well as unusually powerful. Which means a single powerful caster that I doubt we could deal with or more likely in my opinion. A team of casters working together."

He informs all present before continuing.

"Also I think we could use this weather to narrow down the search a bit if we brave the storm or at least someone does. This magic can't be used in an enclosed space, they need to be in the open as their storm does no good in a bottle as it were. Storms have an eye if I'm not mistaken, more so if the storm doesn't move. We backtrack from the eye to find the casters, they can only put so much distance between themselves and the eye while feeding it magical energy. Of course, they may have cast their spell and left but they may be near the site or left something behind. If they plan to return or recast the spell again."

Tilting his head to the side, an odd movement for his halfling disguise but a common one for a kobold.

"Nexus how long has this storm been raging? If it's not a bother could you keep track of how long it goes on for as well? Taking note should it weaken or gain strength?"

If he knew when the storm started and how long it could go on based a ritual or single cast. That would give a clue to how powerful the person or group was that they were dealing with. Even if they recast the spell there would be a fluctuation in the storm to signal it.

Dark Archive

CG Changeling Heavens Oracle(8) | HP: 87 | AC: 19 T:13 FF:17 | DR: 5/cold iron | CMD:20 | F:+5 R:+4 W:+9* | Init:+5 | Perc:+14 | Darkvision: 60' | Low-light Vision | Speed: 30' | Mythic Power: 7 | True Lore: 2 | Vision: 2 | Cleric Channel(1d6): 11 | Oracle Channel(4d6): 11 | Spells: 1st: 9 | 2nd: 9 | 3rd: 7 | 4th: 5 |
Saiga Manu wrote:

"Do focus my dear, your city is being attacked and you shouldn't be picky about where you get help from."

He replies to Ayreth.

"A Mark? I see..." If anything, Ayreth seems even more skeptical. "It is our city, as you say. And with the enemies of Khalharum that we've encountered, there is wisdom in caution."

"I might be able to search in the Dream. Aibek, do you think that might work? It would be slow, but..."

Is there any sense that Dream Travel + Detect Magic might work or is the storm's emanation going to override everything else?


A HP: 69/69 | Mythic Points: 9/9pd | Ki Pool: 4/4 || R HP: HP: 42/42 Persona time left: 9 mins, Ext Persona 1/1
Aiday:
AC: 20 + 4 Deflection Bonus when moving, T: 16, FF: 14, SR: 11| Fort: +4/6, Ref: +14/16, Will: +8/12 | CMB: +7, CMD: 23 | Init: +8, Perception: +11
Rinat:
AC: 18 Human, 20 Hybrid & Wolf | T: 11, FF: 12 Human/13 | Fort: +7, Ref: +4, Will +6 | CMB: +4; CMD: +15 (19 vs trip as wolf) | Init +2, Perc: +6. Personas may differ.

Aibek nodded at Ayreth's comment, "Councilor Ayreth is correct that being cautious is wise, even to potential...allies I believe Councilor Elie said when we arrived with Marks. Patronizing as he was to Councilor Ayreth, Saiga is also correct that time is of the essence and going into the storm is probably going to be needed to deal with this - though searching the Dreams might help find where to go quicker. I suggest trying it while others get the supplies needed for traveling in this storm including a strong ship, probably water breathing and other needed potions -- and, just in case my hunch is correct, a peace offering of some sort."

Dark Archive

CG Changeling Heavens Oracle(8) | HP: 87 | AC: 19 T:13 FF:17 | DR: 5/cold iron | CMD:20 | F:+5 R:+4 W:+9* | Init:+5 | Perc:+14 | Darkvision: 60' | Low-light Vision | Speed: 30' | Mythic Power: 7 | True Lore: 2 | Vision: 2 | Cleric Channel(1d6): 11 | Oracle Channel(4d6): 11 | Spells: 1st: 9 | 2nd: 9 | 3rd: 7 | 4th: 5 |

With Aibek's encouragement, Ayreth will proceed, putting herself to sleep. Emmitt settles on her stomach as she sleeps. She will search in an expanding circle from the tower, including the sea, and keeping her magical senses open.


GM of all he Surveys - Still sick, but in a different way

Ellie helped Ayreth get comfortable as the Oracle sought the dreamlands. It was a simple enough matter for her, and soon the young woman was breathing deeply to one side of the room.

"The storm itself has been going for over an hour, shortly before dawn," Nexus explained as Ayreth prepared herself. "Lightning began 20 minutes ago."

A visual representation of Khalharum appeared on the central table. "Ruling out the lower levels and assuming the spell cannot be cast from underwater, that still leaves the five islands currently uninhabited. Of those, it's unlikely to the North East, as the various magical effects lingering on the temples - and the temple guardians - make it dangerous. The East island is also home to an unusually high number of exotic monsters, according to reports. Given the level of spell they're using, they might be using them as guard, but the distraction could be difficult. My guess would the West or North West islands, as they have a number of rooftops or currently open aired buildings to hide in."

Ayreth's Dreamy Adventures:
As soon as Ayreth departed into the dreamlands she became aware that she was not alone. Instantly she could feel other beings around Khalharum, on the Ethereal Plane, and it occurred to her that it might be a very good place to hide if you could sustain a spell from that location. Difficult to locate, certainly.

A voice called out behind her, "Odd, that one the walks the dreams would be a warmonger. Never thought you'd find us here. It doesn't matter, though. One of you can't stop us. We'll leave this city a buried ruin before you can gather your armies, sail your fleets and attack us."


Witch 8/Arch. 3 | HP: 75/75 | Melee: +5, Ranged: +7 | AC: 26, T: 13, FF: 23, DR: 8 (Blu/Mag) | Fort: +6, Ref: +5, Will: +8 (+4 vs Chan. Ener.) | CMB: +5, CMD: 18 | Init: +12, Perception: +23 |

"What I want to know is what kind of idiot would stand in the center of a magical storm they're attacking an idiot with." Azri muttered. "Let us start in the West and work our way north, then."

Dark Archive

CG Changeling Heavens Oracle(8) | HP: 87 | AC: 19 T:13 FF:17 | DR: 5/cold iron | CMD:20 | F:+5 R:+4 W:+9* | Init:+5 | Perc:+14 | Darkvision: 60' | Low-light Vision | Speed: 30' | Mythic Power: 7 | True Lore: 2 | Vision: 2 | Cleric Channel(1d6): 11 | Oracle Channel(4d6): 11 | Spells: 1st: 9 | 2nd: 9 | 3rd: 7 | 4th: 5 |

Dreamy Adventure:
Ayreth is startled by the contact, not expecting to be seen. With a gulp and a deep breath, she turns around and addresses the entity. "Warmonger? I and mine have sought peace since we have arrived in Khalharum. From within and without, we have made allies without force or threat. We have no wish to send armies or ships against anyone."

Per: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (18) + 12 = 30


Male Reprego Incanter 7/ Trickster 2 l HP 50 l AC: 27, T: 26, FF: 22 l F: +5, R: +8, W: +7 l Init +7 l Perception +8

"I've stood beside plenty of people without them knowing I was there with my magic and I recall standing in front of you in disguise without being detected or suspected. Skill is making the best use of your abilities, that's what allows them to improve."

He suspected the merfolk and he suspected they were provoked by careless words. Even if he was wrong, he thought his point was still worthy of consideration.

"Should we split up to cover more ground? Can Nexus act as a messenger between us? It seems he is able to contact us regardless of where we are within a certain range."


A HP: 69/69 | Mythic Points: 9/9pd | Ki Pool: 4/4 || R HP: HP: 42/42 Persona time left: 9 mins, Ext Persona 1/1
Aiday:
AC: 20 + 4 Deflection Bonus when moving, T: 16, FF: 14, SR: 11| Fort: +4/6, Ref: +14/16, Will: +8/12 | CMB: +7, CMD: 23 | Init: +8, Perception: +11
Rinat:
AC: 18 Human, 20 Hybrid & Wolf | T: 11, FF: 12 Human/13 | Fort: +7, Ref: +4, Will +6 | CMB: +4; CMD: +15 (19 vs trip as wolf) | Init +2, Perc: +6. Personas may differ.

Nodding a quiet thank you to Elie for her help, Aibek turned to look at the impressive map that the Nexus had appear before them. Considering it carefully, Aibek said, gesturing to the map while talking, "That's great work, Nexus. If some of us travel from the docks, then go up the Western route around the coasts of the West and North West Islands as Councilor Azri suggested, we can hopefully get there quickly. Taking two boats may be an idea, though may have more risks if this is a targetted attack - cover more ground and be able to manuever around attacks if we take small quick boats that can hold up in this storm, but easier for them to divide us and do what they want as well. Hopefully Councilor Ayreth will be able to get information that can help us plan a route so that's not needed. We should consider what other supplies we need to get so we can move quickly when she returns..." glancing over to Ayreth slightly enviously, before looking down at the list.

"Water breathing, some healing, we can check those at the docks but with this going on, we may need to go to the residential areas to find people and a boat or two to hire, unless Councilor Mihara or Saiga want to ask their people first?"


Female Fey Kitsune Kitsune Rogue 7 / Trickster Tier 2 | HP: 60/60 - M: 6/7 | AC: 22 T: 18 FF: 14 | F: +4 R: +13 W: +2 (+5 vs. Mind Affecting)| Init: +10 Perc: +10

"I'm certain I can find a ship amongst my kin. I may also be able to locate a suitable peace offering. Where and when shall we meet?"

That reminds me that I'd been meaning to ask: How would one go about acquiring one's own ship in a city system like we're running? Given Mihara's background, it would make sense that she might own a small ship of her own back at the Whispering Moon, and she would probably want to bring it in eventually, perhaps in exchange for sending some suitable money home, of course.


GM of all he Surveys - Still sick, but in a different way

"Since a full connection to those islands has yet to be established, I wouldn't be able to communicate in an effective and consistent manner. It is also worth noting that the dust storm that has also been raised will be a difficult hazard to deal with. As Councillor Azri has noted the storm is quite dangerous without protection."

Dreamy Times:
The figure - a woman in a scaled robe, waggled a finger. "You threated the destruction of my people less than half a day gone. We take this as a declaration of war. We will not forfeit our lives and all we hold dear for defending our home from invaders. We do not care that your eyes extend beyond your walls, and we did not strike against you, but defended against a ship that was not of this city which landed upon our hatcheries. If the waters will not protect us, then we will protect ourselves by destroying the threat. And our descendants will never know this city's name. We cannot afford a war on two fronts, so we will destroy you now before you can rise against us. This is the way it must be."

The woman shrugged. [b]"A shame. But we cannot afford to take such threats idly. The last time we did has cost us our nation and a war we still fight."[/b


A HP: 69/69 | Mythic Points: 9/9pd | Ki Pool: 4/4 || R HP: HP: 42/42 Persona time left: 9 mins, Ext Persona 1/1
Aiday:
AC: 20 + 4 Deflection Bonus when moving, T: 16, FF: 14, SR: 11| Fort: +4/6, Ref: +14/16, Will: +8/12 | CMB: +7, CMD: 23 | Init: +8, Perception: +11
Rinat:
AC: 18 Human, 20 Hybrid & Wolf | T: 11, FF: 12 Human/13 | Fort: +7, Ref: +4, Will +6 | CMB: +4; CMD: +15 (19 vs trip as wolf) | Init +2, Perc: +6. Personas may differ.

Khalharum has three ships - one military and two merchant - plus the Sword Dance. How many points further ships would cost would depend on what we wanted them to have.

Aibek nodded their thanks to Mihara, "I suggest at the docks in an hour. That should hopefully be enough time for Councilor Ayreth to return, to gather supplies, and to talk to those needed." while rising to stand.

"I'd appreciate if you could keep an eye on her and direct her there when she returns." Aibek said to Elie.


Female Fey Kitsune Kitsune Rogue 7 / Trickster Tier 2 | HP: 60/60 - M: 6/7 | AC: 22 T: 18 FF: 14 | F: +4 R: +13 W: +2 (+5 vs. Mind Affecting)| Init: +10 Perc: +10

... I didn't remember we had ships at all. Was it ever established whose ships those were? Purely for roleplay reeasons, I would like to have one of them be Mihara's own.


Male Reprego Incanter 7/ Trickster 2 l HP 50 l AC: 27, T: 26, FF: 22 l F: +5, R: +8, W: +7 l Init +7 l Perception +8

Saiga ponders for a moment.

"I'll stay with Ayreth and escort her to the dock when she wakes. I can send Mursis with you."

He shared a link with his companion, it was as close to being at two places at once as you could get.

Dark Archive

CG Changeling Heavens Oracle(8) | HP: 87 | AC: 19 T:13 FF:17 | DR: 5/cold iron | CMD:20 | F:+5 R:+4 W:+9* | Init:+5 | Perc:+14 | Darkvision: 60' | Low-light Vision | Speed: 30' | Mythic Power: 7 | True Lore: 2 | Vision: 2 | Cleric Channel(1d6): 11 | Oracle Channel(4d6): 11 | Spells: 1st: 9 | 2nd: 9 | 3rd: 7 | 4th: 5 |

Dreamy Times:
Overlord Jon wrote:

The figure - a woman in a scaled robe, waggled a finger. "You threated the destruction of my people less than half a day gone. We take this as a declaration of war. We will not forfeit our lives and all we hold dear for defending our home from invaders. We do not care that your eyes extend beyond your walls, and we did not strike against you, but defended against a ship that was not of this city which landed upon our hatcheries. If the waters will not protect us, then we will protect ourselves by destroying the threat. And our descendants will never know this city's name. We cannot afford a war on two fronts, so we will destroy you now before you can rise against us. This is the way it must be."

The woman shrugged. "A shame. But we cannot afford to take such threats idly. The last time we did has cost us our nation and a war we still fight."

Ayreth sighs. "A rash proclamation, made under the perception that your people attacked innocents on the way to our city. If that is not the truth, we will gladly end this confrontation without bloodshed. The ship seemed to be a simple cargo ship, carrying only spices. We wish to know the truth; will you enlighten us?"


GM of all he Surveys - Still sick, but in a different way

Ellie looked at Aibek and Saiga. "The Militia is already searching, as best they can. A couple of folk have some protection against being sandblasted skinless. I'll wait with Saiga until she wakes up."

Dreamy Times:
"A truth among the powerful - rash words have lasting consequences." The woman tilted her head. "That depends on which truth you wish to be enlightened about. Ask."

Dark Archive

CG Changeling Heavens Oracle(8) | HP: 87 | AC: 19 T:13 FF:17 | DR: 5/cold iron | CMD:20 | F:+5 R:+4 W:+9* | Init:+5 | Perc:+14 | Darkvision: 60' | Low-light Vision | Speed: 30' | Mythic Power: 7 | True Lore: 2 | Vision: 2 | Cleric Channel(1d6): 11 | Oracle Channel(4d6): 11 | Spells: 1st: 9 | 2nd: 9 | 3rd: 7 | 4th: 5 |

Dreamy Times:
Kn:Nature(Merfolk): 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (17) + 7 = 24

"A lesson I am only recently learning. Thank you for the indulgence First, I would know of the ship and its crew. You say they landed upon your hatcheries, are they not underwater, as I would presume? I mean no offense with my ignorance. When doing so, was it purposeful? Did they interfere with your young?"


A HP: 69/69 | Mythic Points: 9/9pd | Ki Pool: 4/4 || R HP: HP: 42/42 Persona time left: 9 mins, Ext Persona 1/1
Aiday:
AC: 20 + 4 Deflection Bonus when moving, T: 16, FF: 14, SR: 11| Fort: +4/6, Ref: +14/16, Will: +8/12 | CMB: +7, CMD: 23 | Init: +8, Perception: +11
Rinat:
AC: 18 Human, 20 Hybrid & Wolf | T: 11, FF: 12 Human/13 | Fort: +7, Ref: +4, Will +6 | CMB: +4; CMD: +15 (19 vs trip as wolf) | Init +2, Perc: +6. Personas may differ.

Aibek nodded, "Thank you, I appreciate that. While she is an excellent Dreamer, the transition between can be hard and a familiar face can help." The witchwolf moved to speak quietly with Azerna for a few moments before rushing off the alchemists' shop, hoping that Helm might be able to spare some time in this storm.


GM of all he Surveys - Still sick, but in a different way

Dreamy Times:
"They were," she replied, "And still are. They are in the water beneath island, protected from both the land and the sea. We prefered the deep sea, but we are at war and they are not safe." She shrugged.

"We moved to the island recently, but placed buoys around it with messages in your common tongue to not land. They landed all the same, but we assumed they had suffered damage from the storm. We left them be, to cut down the trees, gather the fruits and take the water from the rivers. Things we do not especially need. But they approached the caves, that led to the hatcheries. We could tolerate that no longer. We drove them away with the butts of spears, and they fired on us with long bows. So we fought back."

Dark Archive

CG Changeling Heavens Oracle(8) | HP: 87 | AC: 19 T:13 FF:17 | DR: 5/cold iron | CMD:20 | F:+5 R:+4 W:+9* | Init:+5 | Perc:+14 | Darkvision: 60' | Low-light Vision | Speed: 30' | Mythic Power: 7 | True Lore: 2 | Vision: 2 | Cleric Channel(1d6): 11 | Oracle Channel(4d6): 11 | Spells: 1st: 9 | 2nd: 9 | 3rd: 7 | 4th: 5 |

Living the Dream:

"I am Ayreth, recently of Khalharum, Councilor to the city. May I ask your name? It certainly seems that you took what precautions you could to avoid conflict. Of what island do you speak that we may caution others to avoid it? And why did you pursue the ship after you had driven them off? With whom are you at war such that you need to hide your young?" Ayreth asks earnestly and honestly, believing her.


Female Fey Kitsune Kitsune Rogue 7 / Trickster Tier 2 | HP: 60/60 - M: 6/7 | AC: 22 T: 18 FF: 14 | F: +4 R: +13 W: +2 (+5 vs. Mind Affecting)| Init: +10 Perc: +10

Mihara seeks out help amongst her kin, seeking a crew and boat to put an end to the attack and make an offer of peace.

In the meantime, she keeps an eye out on the market stalls and shops for inspiration on a fitting peace offering. This was no simple matter.

What sort of skill roll would be required for finding a decent gift of peace? Diplomacy?


GM of all he Surveys - Still sick, but in a different way

Dreamboating Along:
"When you attack, you attack until the enemy is no longer a threat. Given that we are currently at war it is only regretful that we did not sink them earlier."[/b] The woman shrugged. "I am known as Ominai, if you wish to know it. And our island is to the East of this one, the one called Stonespine."

I...have no idea. Appraise? Diplomacy? I'll let you decide.


Female Fey Kitsune Kitsune Rogue 7 / Trickster Tier 2 | HP: 60/60 - M: 6/7 | AC: 22 T: 18 FF: 14 | F: +4 R: +13 W: +2 (+5 vs. Mind Affecting)| Init: +10 Perc: +10

Let's go with: Both have an impact on it.

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (11) + 15 = 26
Appraice: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (13) + 10 = 23


Witch 8/Arch. 3 | HP: 75/75 | Melee: +5, Ranged: +7 | AC: 26, T: 13, FF: 23, DR: 8 (Blu/Mag) | Fort: +6, Ref: +5, Will: +8 (+4 vs Chan. Ener.) | CMB: +5, CMD: 18 | Init: +12, Perception: +23 |

Azri, meanwhile, was not terribly familiar with using dreams to converse with people. But she was still present.

Dark Archive

CG Changeling Heavens Oracle(8) | HP: 87 | AC: 19 T:13 FF:17 | DR: 5/cold iron | CMD:20 | F:+5 R:+4 W:+9* | Init:+5 | Perc:+14 | Darkvision: 60' | Low-light Vision | Speed: 30' | Mythic Power: 7 | True Lore: 2 | Vision: 2 | Cleric Channel(1d6): 11 | Oracle Channel(4d6): 11 | Spells: 1st: 9 | 2nd: 9 | 3rd: 7 | 4th: 5 |

Requiem for a Dream:

"With whom are you at war? And can I persuade you that we neither wish to be at war with you, nor will we support those who threaten you or your young? We will protect ourselves if we must, but I hope that you hear the truth in my words. If so, I would like to send an ambassador and learn more of your people."

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 19 ⇒ (12) + 19 = 31


GM of all he Surveys - Still sick, but in a different way

Mihara is able to find an unusual statue made of coral that seemed to have been grown by a variant of the Druid ability to shape wood, and stayed alive via a spell. It's an ornately formed image of Gozreh, Master of Storms and the Sea. It seems...fitting.


A HP: 69/69 | Mythic Points: 9/9pd | Ki Pool: 4/4 || R HP: HP: 42/42 Persona time left: 9 mins, Ext Persona 1/1
Aiday:
AC: 20 + 4 Deflection Bonus when moving, T: 16, FF: 14, SR: 11| Fort: +4/6, Ref: +14/16, Will: +8/12 | CMB: +7, CMD: 23 | Init: +8, Perception: +11
Rinat:
AC: 18 Human, 20 Hybrid & Wolf | T: 11, FF: 12 Human/13 | Fort: +7, Ref: +4, Will +6 | CMB: +4; CMD: +15 (19 vs trip as wolf) | Init +2, Perc: +6. Personas may differ.

Aibek tried to move as quickly as possible through the horrible weather while heading to the Alchemists' shop.

"Sorry to bother during this, but it would a great help if I could get 4 water breathing potions and...maybe...a touch of the sea potion?"

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (11) + 10 = 21
full price - 3050, I believe Azri doesn't need water breathing, add 750 if wrong about that.


Witch 8/Arch. 3 | HP: 75/75 | Melee: +5, Ranged: +7 | AC: 26, T: 13, FF: 23, DR: 8 (Blu/Mag) | Fort: +6, Ref: +5, Will: +8 (+4 vs Chan. Ener.) | CMB: +5, CMD: 18 | Init: +12, Perception: +23 |

Pfft, no. Azri doesn't need to breathe, eat, or sleep. XD She usually does paperwork at night.

Dark Archive

CG Changeling Heavens Oracle(8) | HP: 87 | AC: 19 T:13 FF:17 | DR: 5/cold iron | CMD:20 | F:+5 R:+4 W:+9* | Init:+5 | Perc:+14 | Darkvision: 60' | Low-light Vision | Speed: 30' | Mythic Power: 7 | True Lore: 2 | Vision: 2 | Cleric Channel(1d6): 11 | Oracle Channel(4d6): 11 | Spells: 1st: 9 | 2nd: 9 | 3rd: 7 | 4th: 5 |

We posted within a few minutes, so just checking to see if my last one was missed.


GM of all he Surveys - Still sick, but in a different way

Yeah, I missed that.

Dreaming of a Reqieum:
The spellcaster tilted her head. "I believe you," she murmured in obvious surprise. After a moment she added, "But I do not have the authority to stop this attack. If you wish that you will need to speak to our leaders."

The young apprentice alchemist considered the Councillor's order. "We have some batches of Water Breathing due to our location. I think there was a vial of Touch of the Sea somewhere that was ordered and never picked up. One moment while I check the stocks." After a couple of minutes of rummaging he came out with a vial of turqouise liquid that glowed faintly. "I'm afraid it'll be very expensive, Councillor. 2800gp."


A HP: 69/69 | Mythic Points: 9/9pd | Ki Pool: 4/4 || R HP: HP: 42/42 Persona time left: 9 mins, Ext Persona 1/1
Aiday:
AC: 20 + 4 Deflection Bonus when moving, T: 16, FF: 14, SR: 11| Fort: +4/6, Ref: +14/16, Will: +8/12 | CMB: +7, CMD: 23 | Init: +8, Perception: +11
Rinat:
AC: 18 Human, 20 Hybrid & Wolf | T: 11, FF: 12 Human/13 | Fort: +7, Ref: +4, Will +6 | CMB: +4; CMD: +15 (19 vs trip as wolf) | Init +2, Perc: +6. Personas may differ.

Aibek smiled fondly before looking over the supplies "Needs must, hopefully your work will help us deal with this storm which will make it more than worth it for everyone." the advocate councilor said, then pulled out multiple coin bags from pockets and parts of the backpack to pay. It was a bit of a spectacle, but as the witchwolf rarely kept much in one bag, so it took more than the usual few bags Aibek used here to get the amount needed.

Once all paid and packed up, Aibek said, "I look forward to talking more and telling you how these go when I come next week for my usual supplies, if I don't see you before then. Take care."

Aibek ensured the alchemist shop door was closed firmly before moving towards the docks, keeping an eye out for anyone who might be in need or possible resources that might make this go smoother.

Perception: 1d20 + 10 + 3 ⇒ (5) + 10 + 3 = 18

Dark Archive

CG Changeling Heavens Oracle(8) | HP: 87 | AC: 19 T:13 FF:17 | DR: 5/cold iron | CMD:20 | F:+5 R:+4 W:+9* | Init:+5 | Perc:+14 | Darkvision: 60' | Low-light Vision | Speed: 30' | Mythic Power: 7 | True Lore: 2 | Vision: 2 | Cleric Channel(1d6): 11 | Oracle Channel(4d6): 11 | Spells: 1st: 9 | 2nd: 9 | 3rd: 7 | 4th: 5 |

Mr. Sandman, bring me a Dream:
"I am glad. Is there a neutral site where they are willing to meet?"


GM of all he Surveys - Still sick, but in a different way

Please Turn off the Magic Beam:

"A small atoll north of Black Sands. It is outside the area we have claimed, but close enough that luring the leaders away to a trap would be difficult." She paused for a moment. "Fly a flag of blue with a green stripe at the top and the bottom. They will know that you wish to talk and that someone of the people thinks it worth it."

Aibek finds a couple of people struggling against the horrific sandstorm. Thankfully the goggles that were the Witchwolf's Symbol helped with the dust in the air, and although not the most physically powerful of people it wasn't too hard to help close doors and windows or guide people through the dust.

Dark Archive

CG Changeling Heavens Oracle(8) | HP: 87 | AC: 19 T:13 FF:17 | DR: 5/cold iron | CMD:20 | F:+5 R:+4 W:+9* | Init:+5 | Perc:+14 | Darkvision: 60' | Low-light Vision | Speed: 30' | Mythic Power: 7 | True Lore: 2 | Vision: 2 | Cleric Channel(1d6): 11 | Oracle Channel(4d6): 11 | Spells: 1st: 9 | 2nd: 9 | 3rd: 7 | 4th: 5 |

Oh, what can it mean to a DayDream Believer:
"Thank you, Lady Ominai. We will do so. If you will excuse me, I must make haste and inform the other councilors. I hope to speak with you again."

Ayreth sends her spirit back to her body and awakens with a deep breath. She takes just a moment to pet Emmitt before lifting him off her chest and setting him aside. Seeing Saiga waiting, she gives him a steady look, still undecided about him. "I have news. How long was I sleeping?"

-------------------------------------------------------------------

When the councilors are gathered again, Ayreth informs them of her meeting. "I believe I made contact with the leader of the attack. Her name was Ominai, and she informs me that the attack was a response to our dear Azri's threat. Fearing that we would follow through, the merfolk decided to strike first. She spoke of not wanting to fight two wars at once, though she seemed reluctant to provide details on the other enemy, perhaps fearing that we might ally with them.

"As to the ship and its crew, she claims that they intruded on an island that the merfolk have claimed as their own. The merfolk initially ignored them until they approached the caves where the merfolk care for their young. The merfolk attempted to use nonlethal force to drive the crew away and were fired upon by bowmen. I cannot verify the truth of it, but I do believe the essence of her claims.

"For this reason, I asked if we can settle the matter without war. She seemed to think so and gave instructions on how to meet with her leaders on a small atoll north of Black Sands. If we fly a flag of blue with a green stripe at the top and the bottom, they will know that we wish to parley. It is now our choice to either meet with them, or follow through on the threat. My vote is for peace. I believe the merfolk will be formidable whether allies or enemies. They could protect or sabotage our shipping."


Female Fey Kitsune Kitsune Rogue 7 / Trickster Tier 2 | HP: 60/60 - M: 6/7 | AC: 22 T: 18 FF: 14 | F: +4 R: +13 W: +2 (+5 vs. Mind Affecting)| Init: +10 Perc: +10

Mihara casts an accusatory glare at Azri, given the revelation.

"My vote is for peace as well, and we would do well to be more careful about such matters in the future. It may be good to get our guests's side of the story as well."


A HP: 69/69 | Mythic Points: 9/9pd | Ki Pool: 4/4 || R HP: HP: 42/42 Persona time left: 9 mins, Ext Persona 1/1
Aiday:
AC: 20 + 4 Deflection Bonus when moving, T: 16, FF: 14, SR: 11| Fort: +4/6, Ref: +14/16, Will: +8/12 | CMB: +7, CMD: 23 | Init: +8, Perception: +11
Rinat:
AC: 18 Human, 20 Hybrid & Wolf | T: 11, FF: 12 Human/13 | Fort: +7, Ref: +4, Will +6 | CMB: +4; CMD: +15 (19 vs trip as wolf) | Init +2, Perc: +6. Personas may differ.

Aibek considered what Ayreth had said, "A green-blue-green pattern, might be able to find fabric already that way, but if not, I can probably put it together pretty quickly. This needs to be done soon, before any more are hurt in this storm." Aibek said, viewing it as a clear vote to at least attempt repairing things with the merfolk towards peace.


Female Fey Kitsune Kitsune Rogue 7 / Trickster Tier 2 | HP: 60/60 - M: 6/7 | AC: 22 T: 18 FF: 14 | F: +4 R: +13 W: +2 (+5 vs. Mind Affecting)| Init: +10 Perc: +10

Mihara thinks back to the dockside markets, which she knows quite well at this point, attempting to mentally locate a weaver's stall. It was not the most proper act to snatch and leave gold, but time and lives were of the affair, and she was certain they could explain themselves in time.

"Let us gather the fabrics on the way to the docks. There will be time to sew the flag while we sail to their location."


Male Reprego Incanter 7/ Trickster 2 l HP 50 l AC: 27, T: 26, FF: 22 l F: +5, R: +8, W: +7 l Init +7 l Perception +8

"Not too long."

He replies to her question.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

When the others are present and deciding what to do and how to do it he speaks up after listening to the information given.

"If no one minds I would like to take point in negotiations. After all, I have already proven to a point that I wish them no harm. Having spoken to one of their leaders rather than attempting to attack them. When I very much had the ability and opportunity to do so."

He takes the moment of silence following his words to snap his fingers. Creating the illusion of the flag design needed. They didn't need an actual flag really, just a marker to identify themselves as requested.

"We can head there immediately as the flag is a non issue for me. Shall we go?"


A HP: 69/69 | Mythic Points: 9/9pd | Ki Pool: 4/4 || R HP: HP: 42/42 Persona time left: 9 mins, Ext Persona 1/1
Aiday:
AC: 20 + 4 Deflection Bonus when moving, T: 16, FF: 14, SR: 11| Fort: +4/6, Ref: +14/16, Will: +8/12 | CMB: +7, CMD: 23 | Init: +8, Perception: +11
Rinat:
AC: 18 Human, 20 Hybrid & Wolf | T: 11, FF: 12 Human/13 | Fort: +7, Ref: +4, Will +6 | CMB: +4; CMD: +15 (19 vs trip as wolf) | Init +2, Perc: +6. Personas may differ.

Aibek nodded in agreement with Mihara, "I know a few on the way, I can sew while on the ship. Thank you for talking to your kin for us". Sewing was one of the more useful things Aibek can do on a ship.

At Saiga's request, Aibek gave a baffled look and a short incredulous bark of a laugh came out before the witchwolf said in a quick but equally incredulous manner, "I very much mind. As someone so new to Khalharum, you may not know, but don't underestimate Councilor Ayreth and stop disrespecting her work. Councilor Ayreth is the one who made contact, proven herself to them, and arranged this meeting in difficult circumstances. They'll likely be expecting her to lead and the rest of us to support her, show peaceful intent and a desire to heal misunderstandings. Particularly Councilor Azri who had good intentions of protecting Khalharum's people that the merfolk will hopefully understand even if, I think, those intentions were badly shown. Councilor Ayreth has plenty of experience dealing well with hostile people and Councilor Mihara has plenty more to help her if she needs it as do most of us.

The goal is hearing more of their side, talking with them honestly and making amends of mistakes for the good of everyone - mutually beneficial arrangements and negotiations will likely have to wait. Someone who brags about their ability and opportunity to attack and their deceptions may not be the people of Khalharum's best bet for this to end well and they must come first before any personal pride -- and I really cannot think of any another reason why someone so new at this would suggest taking over from the actual councilor who has more experience who did so well to make these arrangements. Well, I can think of others, but they're all still no good for Khalharum's people or us..."

Turning sharply away, Aibek's head was still shaking in disbelief while leaving. The advocate councilor would try to move quickly and buy the fabric before going to the docks and prepare to sew and calm nerves during the long voyage before this important meeting - and hope it would happen fast enough that Nexus's protection of the people would last.

Perception: 1d20 + 10 + 3 ⇒ (8) + 10 + 3 = 21
Knowledge Local: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (10) + 5 = 15


Male Reprego Incanter 7/ Trickster 2 l HP 50 l AC: 27, T: 26, FF: 22 l F: +5, R: +8, W: +7 l Init +7 l Perception +8

Saiga gives Aibek a plain look and shrugs.

"Well if I am not needed. I'll return to my ship, good luck."

He was not going to convince anyone to help them. He hops on Mursis and takes off back home. He had paperwork to do among other things.


GM of all he Surveys - Still sick, but in a different way

It was not hard to locate material for a flag on the way to the harbour, although getting to the harbour itself is quite difficult. You would also have to choose a vessel to go on - the Sword Dragon would be faster, and safer, but it was a warship. One of the merchantmen, such as the one belongining to Saiga or Mihara's family, would be slower, less easy to defend and potentially show you as weak.

...it was a difficult choice.


Witch 8/Arch. 3 | HP: 75/75 | Melee: +5, Ranged: +7 | AC: 26, T: 13, FF: 23, DR: 8 (Blu/Mag) | Fort: +6, Ref: +5, Will: +8 (+4 vs Chan. Ener.) | CMB: +5, CMD: 18 | Init: +12, Perception: +23 |

"I'm not sorry." Azri said quietly. "I don't care who they are - if they bring trouble to our harbor, I have a problem with them. And I did say they could come talk if they wanted to. However much they may regret it now, that wasn't the choice they made when it was offered." Despite her words, she didn't sound like she was advocating for war just to mess with others - just noting that she had rather firm opinions about those who brought any kind of harm towards her home.

Dark Archive

CG Changeling Heavens Oracle(8) | HP: 87 | AC: 19 T:13 FF:17 | DR: 5/cold iron | CMD:20 | F:+5 R:+4 W:+9* | Init:+5 | Perc:+14 | Darkvision: 60' | Low-light Vision | Speed: 30' | Mythic Power: 7 | True Lore: 2 | Vision: 2 | Cleric Channel(1d6): 11 | Oracle Channel(4d6): 11 | Spells: 1st: 9 | 2nd: 9 | 3rd: 7 | 4th: 5 |

Ayreth had delivered the information in a calm and steady tone, but can't resist a grin at Aibek's vote of confidence. She manages to stop smiling and says, "Thank you, Aibek. And Azri, whatever the result, we know you were defending the city and responding with the information at hand. Which boat, err... ship shall we sail on?"


Female Fey Kitsune Kitsune Rogue 7 / Trickster Tier 2 | HP: 60/60 - M: 6/7 | AC: 22 T: 18 FF: 14 | F: +4 R: +13 W: +2 (+5 vs. Mind Affecting)| Init: +10 Perc: +10

They're still attacking until we broker peace, is that correct?

"Did our visitors mention their... encounter, let us call it, with the merfolk? It seems they are not as innocent in this as they first claimed to be."

Dark Archive

CG Changeling Heavens Oracle(8) | HP: 87 | AC: 19 T:13 FF:17 | DR: 5/cold iron | CMD:20 | F:+5 R:+4 W:+9* | Init:+5 | Perc:+14 | Darkvision: 60' | Low-light Vision | Speed: 30' | Mythic Power: 7 | True Lore: 2 | Vision: 2 | Cleric Channel(1d6): 11 | Oracle Channel(4d6): 11 | Spells: 1st: 9 | 2nd: 9 | 3rd: 7 | 4th: 5 |
Yao Mihara wrote:
They're still attacking until we broker peace, is that correct?

Correct, the storm is still happening.


A HP: 69/69 | Mythic Points: 9/9pd | Ki Pool: 4/4 || R HP: HP: 42/42 Persona time left: 9 mins, Ext Persona 1/1
Aiday:
AC: 20 + 4 Deflection Bonus when moving, T: 16, FF: 14, SR: 11| Fort: +4/6, Ref: +14/16, Will: +8/12 | CMB: +7, CMD: 23 | Init: +8, Perception: +11
Rinat:
AC: 18 Human, 20 Hybrid & Wolf | T: 11, FF: 12 Human/13 | Fort: +7, Ref: +4, Will +6 | CMB: +4; CMD: +15 (19 vs trip as wolf) | Init +2, Perc: +6. Personas may differ.

Aibek nodded to Ayreth, "You're welcome, Mihara already spoke to her family for us to use one of their ships, something quality but not hostile-looking." Aibek said, holding some fabric in hand and stepping towards Mihara's ship.

Looking to Mihara, Aibek answered, "Not that I heard - the claim was they were attacked while working after going ashore during a storm and having not come this way before. I figured we could talk to them today after they were dry and rested, but then this happened. I have wondered what they think of this - or that none of them were checked to have laid down their weapon or much else civilities, as Azri demanded for those who brought trouble to Khalharum, before hospitality was offered. I certainly didn't check when bringing people over or pulling them out of the water. I worry we'll get a reputation for big empty threats.

Aibek shrugs, moving on to get out of the storm, "This is about making things right. Whether you're sorry or not Azri doesn't matter to me. I'll leave that to them. You made a threat in a moment, lots of people do that, but you made it in Khalharum's name, not your own, and you've put the people of Khalharum at risk, so they will decide whether it was acceptable. I'm now hoping this doesn't cost any more people their lives because the merfolk are answering what you said with their own show of force, no signs of regrets I can see, and the people will likely want to have answers for that. I will follow their will on the subject, as is my role."


GM of all he Surveys - Still sick, but in a different way

Mihara's family ship it is, then.

The journey to Black Sands, the last point of reference, takes a day or so but the atoll itself is easy enough to locate. A circular ring of islands forms the outer layer with only a think gap to allow ships into the central bay.

As the ship approaches it's noticeable that monoliths of stone stand at regular points around the shores of the atoll, and each glows with an eldritch light. As you approach it becomes clear what the purpose of the stones is - those you who are magically inclined feel it first, but soon you all feel it. Those stones drain magic. Spellcraft will not work in this meeting place.

Spellcraft DC 30:
There is one exception to the spell - a powerful Zone of Truth effect also covers the atoll, and has been exempted. It might be possible to manipulate that, somehow.

Dark Archive

CG Changeling Heavens Oracle(8) | HP: 87 | AC: 19 T:13 FF:17 | DR: 5/cold iron | CMD:20 | F:+5 R:+4 W:+9* | Init:+5 | Perc:+14 | Darkvision: 60' | Low-light Vision | Speed: 30' | Mythic Power: 7 | True Lore: 2 | Vision: 2 | Cleric Channel(1d6): 11 | Oracle Channel(4d6): 11 | Spells: 1st: 9 | 2nd: 9 | 3rd: 7 | 4th: 5 |

Spellcraft: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (18) + 10 = 28

4,701 to 4,750 of 5,098 << first < prev | 90 | 91 | 92 | 93 | 94 | 95 | 96 | 97 | 98 | 99 | 100 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Broken Towers All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.