Broken Towers

Game Master JonGarrett

The Glorious Website
Underground Fortress


4,951 to 5,000 of 5,105 << first < prev | 93 | 94 | 95 | 96 | 97 | 98 | 99 | 100 | 101 | 102 | 103 | next > last >>

A HP: 69/69 | Mythic Points: 9/9pd | Ki Pool: 4/4 || R HP: HP: 42/42 Persona time left: 9 mins, Ext Persona 1/1
Aiday:
AC: 20 + 4 Deflection Bonus when moving, T: 16, FF: 14, SR: 11| Fort: +4/6, Ref: +14/16, Will: +8/12 | CMB: +7, CMD: 23 | Init: +8, Perception: +11
Rinat:
AC: 18 Human, 20 Hybrid & Wolf | T: 11, FF: 12 Human/13 | Fort: +7, Ref: +4, Will +6 | CMB: +4; CMD: +15 (19 vs trip as wolf) | Init +2, Perc: +6. Personas may differ.

Aibek paused at the horrific sight, other horrors from the past coming to mind as Aibek motioned for anyone following to wait - not impeding anyone or actively trying to stop anyone who wanted to get past, just an instinctive motion from ingrained feelings that not everyone should have such things burnt into their minds.

"It appears whoever that was yesterday did far worse to at least one of their subjects... I don't see any signs of anyone else. I'll...get something to deal with them, before someone has a look at repairing that hole. Mihara, I'm sorry, but a list of any of your kin who were possibly in here will probably be needed." The useful distraction would help Aibek, but the witchwolf didn't know how good that would be to the kitsune.

Again, Aibek didn't do anything to stop anyone else from doing anything, just went to look for something to clean up the remains, a little dazed. Aibek had known an iron fist, but even this seemed pointlessly gruesome, it lacked bred grace and sharpened purpose as Aibek could almost hear Archon Adalet say. At least those water breathing potions were still around, it looks like they might come in use soon.

Perception: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (1) + 10 = 11 Okay, maybe more than a little dazed. At least Aibek should find some mops.

Wow, we're now on page 100


Female Fey Kitsune Kitsune Rogue 7 / Trickster Tier 2 | HP: 60/60 - M: 6/7 | AC: 22 T: 18 FF: 14 | F: +4 R: +13 W: +2 (+5 vs. Mind Affecting)| Init: +10 Perc: +10

Mihara shuddered at the sight of the room, but appeared somewhat unshaken. "Barbaric."

"I had been thinking of that myself," she replied to Aibek's request. "Let's see..."

Mihara gladly shares any and all information she has about who might have been here. Is anyone missing?


GM of all he Surveys - Still sick, but in a different way

There are not enough remains within the blast for more than one prisoner. Apparently the other was freed by the detonation. There is no sign of the prisoners, dead or alive, which is most likely a good thing. With the twins, Elie and the crew there are about 12 people missing in total.

I'll let Mihara decide if they're all cousins twice removed or someone more important to her, personally.


Female Fey Kitsune Kitsune Rogue 7 / Trickster Tier 2 | HP: 60/60 - M: 6/7 | AC: 22 T: 18 FF: 14 | F: +4 R: +13 W: +2 (+5 vs. Mind Affecting)| Init: +10 Perc: +10

Happy hundreth-page-a-versary!

Mihara gives a list of the people she knows to be gone at this point. The list includes, amongst a handful of human sailors, two close cousins from the branch families of the Yao clan, one of whom served as captain of the ship.

"We cannot allow this to stand. Attacking our ship at sea was one thing, but our foe is acting within the city's boundaries. We told the Song that we would not act against their foes... but now, these are our foes as well."


A HP: 69/69 | Mythic Points: 9/9pd | Ki Pool: 4/4 || R HP: HP: 42/42 Persona time left: 9 mins, Ext Persona 1/1
Aiday:
AC: 20 + 4 Deflection Bonus when moving, T: 16, FF: 14, SR: 11| Fort: +4/6, Ref: +14/16, Will: +8/12 | CMB: +7, CMD: 23 | Init: +8, Perception: +11
Rinat:
AC: 18 Human, 20 Hybrid & Wolf | T: 11, FF: 12 Human/13 | Fort: +7, Ref: +4, Will +6 | CMB: +4; CMD: +15 (19 vs trip as wolf) | Init +2, Perc: +6. Personas may differ.

Aibek nodded in consideration while cleaning, "I agree, a response is needed for the people of Khalharum and your kin. Someone like this, though I'm not entirely sure what preparations to make and time is likely not on the missing people's side, but I already have a few supplies from yesterday which could help".. Far more used to following orders when dealing with an army and their ruler - or as part of one - not planning something like a rescue mission underwater.


Witch 8/Arch. 3 | HP: 75/75 | Melee: +5, Ranged: +7 | AC: 26, T: 13, FF: 23, DR: 8 (Blu/Mag) | Fort: +6, Ref: +5, Will: +8 (+4 vs Chan. Ener.) | CMB: +5, CMD: 18 | Init: +12, Perception: +23 |

*Dr. Evil voice* One hundred pages!

"I, too, am disinclined to allow anyone to get away with attacking what's ours. If you show weakness, there's always those waiting to pounce. For Khalharum to be safe, we must demonstrate our strength, and it's past time we made an example of someone. This is only going to continue otherwise."


GM of all he Surveys - Still sick, but in a different way

With the council agreed, the next step seemed obvious - locate the missing people and taken them back. The how of this was not quite as simple, but there was at least one option - the Towers themselves certainly contained the equipment needed to try and Scry for the missing people, if you had an item that would serve as a focus.


Mixed Humanoid Commoner 34y GM-Player-Writer-Babbler.

While cleaning and considering what the others had said and options to find the missing - having limited experience with scrying as an observer on a handful of occasions - Aibek's first thoughts were...less than pleasant based on those experiences. It involved using some of the fleshy bits Aibek as trying to remove to try to local those related who would most likely be near and dominated by the same being. It took a concerning amount of time for Aibek to consider scrying focus items that were less like reading entrails.

"Mihara, maybe you or one your kin would know, is there an item on this ship or nearby that belonged to one of the missing that maybe could be used to help find them, with the Nexus' help in the Towers?"

I'm thinking maybe an item from the captain's quarters or elsewhere, but as Mihara knows them best, Aibek would ask her.


Female Fey Kitsune Kitsune Rogue 7 / Trickster Tier 2 | HP: 60/60 - M: 6/7 | AC: 22 T: 18 FF: 14 | F: +4 R: +13 W: +2 (+5 vs. Mind Affecting)| Init: +10 Perc: +10

"Surely there must be," Mihara nods. "I should be able to dig up something."

Mihara makes her way out of the hold and into the crew quarters, looking for anything she believed belonged to one of the disappeared.

Perception: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (7) + 10 = 17

Sorry about the slow replies. I've been a bit down in the dumps and distracted, lately.


GM of all he Surveys - Still sick, but in a different way

No worries, I have a ton of experience with that feeling over the last few years. Here to chat if you ever need to.

It certainly doesn't take a long time to find things that would have an attachment. Love letters to and from spouses back home, portraits of there families, mementoes of travels, favoured weapons and armour and all sorts.


Female Fey Kitsune Kitsune Rogue 7 / Trickster Tier 2 | HP: 60/60 - M: 6/7 | AC: 22 T: 18 FF: 14 | F: +4 R: +13 W: +2 (+5 vs. Mind Affecting)| Init: +10 Perc: +10

Mihara opts to pick a dagger belonging to the captain. It would be sturdy enough to survive the search, and distinctive enough, she assumed, to trace down its owner.

"I imagine this should do?" She asks, holding up the sheathed weapon.


GM of all he Surveys - Still sick, but in a different way

It certainly seems like it should work.

Anyone want to do anything, or shall I move us along?


A HP: 69/69 | Mythic Points: 9/9pd | Ki Pool: 4/4 || R HP: HP: 42/42 Persona time left: 9 mins, Ext Persona 1/1
Aiday:
AC: 20 + 4 Deflection Bonus when moving, T: 16, FF: 14, SR: 11| Fort: +4/6, Ref: +14/16, Will: +8/12 | CMB: +7, CMD: 23 | Init: +8, Perception: +11
Rinat:
AC: 18 Human, 20 Hybrid & Wolf | T: 11, FF: 12 Human/13 | Fort: +7, Ref: +4, Will +6 | CMB: +4; CMD: +15 (19 vs trip as wolf) | Init +2, Perc: +6. Personas may differ.

"I would think, though Nexus will likely know better." Aibek said while heading to leave the ship.

happy to move along


GM of all he Surveys - Still sick, but in a different way

Leaving the ship, it does not take long to explain the situation to Nexus. "There is a Diving Pool on the second-highest floor of the Druid's Tower," they reported. "The Tower itself seems to have more or less stabilized, although the situation is...odd."


A HP: 69/69 | Mythic Points: 9/9pd | Ki Pool: 4/4 || R HP: HP: 42/42 Persona time left: 9 mins, Ext Persona 1/1
Aiday:
AC: 20 + 4 Deflection Bonus when moving, T: 16, FF: 14, SR: 11| Fort: +4/6, Ref: +14/16, Will: +8/12 | CMB: +7, CMD: 23 | Init: +8, Perception: +11
Rinat:
AC: 18 Human, 20 Hybrid & Wolf | T: 11, FF: 12 Human/13 | Fort: +7, Ref: +4, Will +6 | CMB: +4; CMD: +15 (19 vs trip as wolf) | Init +2, Perc: +6. Personas may differ.

Diving or Divining? Or both?

Aibek listened, clearly slightly surprised at the idea of going to the Druid's Tower. It had been on the to-do list for a while, but...there were always other priorities and Aibek had long thought that finding a druid - or possible a few - to help before going in would be best or at last wise and it might be a good place to find resources... but now there may not be time for best or the wisest bath.

"Odd in what way?" still thinking it all over while asking.


Witch 8/Arch. 3 | HP: 75/75 | Melee: +5, Ranged: +7 | AC: 26, T: 13, FF: 23, DR: 8 (Blu/Mag) | Fort: +6, Ref: +5, Will: +8 (+4 vs Chan. Ener.) | CMB: +5, CMD: 18 | Init: +12, Perception: +23 |

"A way we're going to correct soon, I think." Azri said firmly. "This city has had enough troubles already, and the sooner we can repair it properly, the better."


GM of all he Surveys - Still sick, but in a different way

"As you may recall, when the Towers were non-functional the Druid's Tower became overrun by escape experiments and plant life. The previous incumbent had many strange and exotic creatures. It turns out they also seem to have some assitants. A number of Leshy's seem to have awoken shortly after I did, and have been working to restore order. They don't seem to be harmful or dangerous, but as they are free-willed creatures I have no control over there actions. Since that Tower had been simply sealed up temporarily I only recently noticed the Leshy's presence."


A HP: 69/69 | Mythic Points: 9/9pd | Ki Pool: 4/4 || R HP: HP: 42/42 Persona time left: 9 mins, Ext Persona 1/1
Aiday:
AC: 20 + 4 Deflection Bonus when moving, T: 16, FF: 14, SR: 11| Fort: +4/6, Ref: +14/16, Will: +8/12 | CMB: +7, CMD: 23 | Init: +8, Perception: +11
Rinat:
AC: 18 Human, 20 Hybrid & Wolf | T: 11, FF: 12 Human/13 | Fort: +7, Ref: +4, Will +6 | CMB: +4; CMD: +15 (19 vs trip as wolf) | Init +2, Perc: +6. Personas may differ.

Aibek's interest was piqued at Nexus' words and so started speaking in a very stream-of-consciousness manner while heading towards the Central Tower which seemed the best way to get up so close to the Druid's Tower, "I agree that is odd but hopefully good. I'd been delaying considering going in there due to wanting people trained to help deal with those kinds of creatures. I hope an agreement with the Leshy can be done quickly - scrying would be the fastest way to find the missing people - though if you would Nexus, I would greatly appreciate if you could look into the most likely routes those captured were taken. I'd rather not waste too much time arguing and fighting if the Leshy are not amicable - they were obviously in there first and may be part of why the creatures left behind in there haven't been an issue. Maybe some sort of gift would help, but my knowledge Leshy doesn't go much beyond knowing there are a variety of different types and a few other little things I've heard but not much experience..."


Female Fey Kitsune Kitsune Rogue 7 / Trickster Tier 2 | HP: 60/60 - M: 6/7 | AC: 22 T: 18 FF: 14 | F: +4 R: +13 W: +2 (+5 vs. Mind Affecting)| Init: +10 Perc: +10

Mihara listens carefully, trusting Aibek's knowledge on this. Alas, her knowledge of the creatures native to this continent was rather limited.

"Pardon my ignorance, Nexus, but who are these Leshys you speak of? Some kind of fey, perhaps?"

It was a good thing, Mihara reasoned, that the tongue of the fey and wooden wilds was passed down from the Yao clan's magical ancestors. It may yet come in handy in diplomatic talks.


GM of all he Surveys - Still sick, but in a different way

"Leshy's are a form of nature spirit that has been given form in a plant. Most are relatively short, but focused on the preservation of the local plantlife. It would seem likely that the Leshy will be amenable, so long as you do not endanger the plantlife."


Witch 8/Arch. 3 | HP: 75/75 | Melee: +5, Ranged: +7 | AC: 26, T: 13, FF: 23, DR: 8 (Blu/Mag) | Fort: +6, Ref: +5, Will: +8 (+4 vs Chan. Ener.) | CMB: +5, CMD: 18 | Init: +12, Perception: +23 |

"We should bring gifts." Azri noted. "Some good soil, that sort of thing. If we simply tramp about the place, we are intruders - but if we help the plants to grow better, we are friends."


Female Fey Kitsune Kitsune Rogue 7 / Trickster Tier 2 | HP: 60/60 - M: 6/7 | AC: 22 T: 18 FF: 14 | F: +4 R: +13 W: +2 (+5 vs. Mind Affecting)| Init: +10 Perc: +10

"On the other hand, time is of the utmost essence. With the life of my kin on the line, I am loathe to spend time finding such things... Might we have helpful folks gather such presents on our behalf while we make our way to the tower, and promise the Leshy that these presents are on their way?"


A HP: 69/69 | Mythic Points: 9/9pd | Ki Pool: 4/4 || R HP: HP: 42/42 Persona time left: 9 mins, Ext Persona 1/1
Aiday:
AC: 20 + 4 Deflection Bonus when moving, T: 16, FF: 14, SR: 11| Fort: +4/6, Ref: +14/16, Will: +8/12 | CMB: +7, CMD: 23 | Init: +8, Perception: +11
Rinat:
AC: 18 Human, 20 Hybrid & Wolf | T: 11, FF: 12 Human/13 | Fort: +7, Ref: +4, Will +6 | CMB: +4; CMD: +15 (19 vs trip as wolf) | Init +2, Perc: +6. Personas may differ.

Aibek nodded in thoughts, "While there are a few other green-fingered residents I know, I think asking Azerna on the way, as a councilor as well, to maybe join us to the Towers would be the fastest route. She would possibly be best to put the Leshy at ease and would know more on those sorts of gifts or maybe a better mutual arrangement to organize them while we're gone to get the missing back." Aibek suggested while continuing to head that way, trying to push aside the thoughts that the Leshy might be able to Azerna with her current travel limitations.

There was a ripply chuckle noise from the shadows that Aibek appeared to studiously ignore.


Female Fey Kitsune Kitsune Rogue 7 / Trickster Tier 2 | HP: 60/60 - M: 6/7 | AC: 22 T: 18 FF: 14 | F: +4 R: +13 W: +2 (+5 vs. Mind Affecting)| Init: +10 Perc: +10

"Excellent plan," Mihara nodded along with Aibek's suggestion.

She looked around in confusion at the noise. "... did anyone else hear that?"


GM of all he Surveys - Still sick, but in a different way

None of the other shadows seemed to think it was a good idea.

Heading to the Thirsty Dryad, Azerna is sweeping the dust into large piles. This is more impressive than it sounds as she is controlling large roots from her tree to do it, and sweeping quite a large area.

The Dryad waves as the councillors approach. So did the roots.


A HP: 69/69 | Mythic Points: 9/9pd | Ki Pool: 4/4 || R HP: HP: 42/42 Persona time left: 9 mins, Ext Persona 1/1
Aiday:
AC: 20 + 4 Deflection Bonus when moving, T: 16, FF: 14, SR: 11| Fort: +4/6, Ref: +14/16, Will: +8/12 | CMB: +7, CMD: 23 | Init: +8, Perception: +11
Rinat:
AC: 18 Human, 20 Hybrid & Wolf | T: 11, FF: 12 Human/13 | Fort: +7, Ref: +4, Will +6 | CMB: +4; CMD: +15 (19 vs trip as wolf) | Init +2, Perc: +6. Personas may differ.

Aibek's shadows didn't care what other shadows thought. Or seemed to care that Aibek was trying to ignore their antics though they did take some amusement at being noticed by others.

Tense on the walk over, Aibek relaxed as Azerna and her tree waved. Speeding up with a widening grin, "Looks like you both have been busy, I hope you have a bit of time. Nexus has suggested trying the Divining Pool in the Druid's Tower to find the missing and has seen some Leshys tending in there recently. I thought you might like to come with us for this councilor task, your knowledge and charm would be most appreciated and maybe they have something good for you both and you for them." with a glance over to some of the closest tree roots where part of Aibek's shadow seemed to be playing before returning attention to Azerna.

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (12) + 14 = 26


GM of all he Surveys - Still sick, but in a different way

Azerna looked surprised. "The Leshy are still there? I thought they would have perished centuries ago. I helped to make them, so they might listen to me. But they have terrible memories, so even if these are the same ones they quite possibly won't remember me."


A HP: 69/69 | Mythic Points: 9/9pd | Ki Pool: 4/4 || R HP: HP: 42/42 Persona time left: 9 mins, Ext Persona 1/1
Aiday:
AC: 20 + 4 Deflection Bonus when moving, T: 16, FF: 14, SR: 11| Fort: +4/6, Ref: +14/16, Will: +8/12 | CMB: +7, CMD: 23 | Init: +8, Perception: +11
Rinat:
AC: 18 Human, 20 Hybrid & Wolf | T: 11, FF: 12 Human/13 | Fort: +7, Ref: +4, Will +6 | CMB: +4; CMD: +15 (19 vs trip as wolf) | Init +2, Perc: +6. Personas may differ.

Aibek glanced to the others wide-eyed in surprise at this information, "...Nexus, I think you mentioned that they recently woke which might explain how they've survived." before looking back to Azerna.

"I struggle to imagine a memory that would forget you, but even if so, your understanding of them could help us make this easier if the Leshy don't remember others in that Tower, I don't want to upset or hurt them. If you would like to come with, I and the others are going up there now, hopefully the pool will help us find Mihara's kin and the other missing quicker..."


Witch 8/Arch. 3 | HP: 75/75 | Melee: +5, Ranged: +7 | AC: 26, T: 13, FF: 23, DR: 8 (Blu/Mag) | Fort: +6, Ref: +5, Will: +8 (+4 vs Chan. Ener.) | CMB: +5, CMD: 18 | Init: +12, Perception: +23 |

Oh yes... time was still an issue. Azri still had problems with that every now and then. "I, too, would appreciate a peaceful resolution. These leshy are not the individuals I plan to make an example of... and I think we could be very useful to each other."


GM of all he Surveys - Still sick, but in a different way

Azerna smiled at Aibek's comments, and added, "I'd be happy to. It shouldn't be too hard, they're usually peaceful enough."

Getting to the tower was a simple enough process, and the party including Azerna easily got there. Crossing over the bridge reveals that it has been...tamed, for lack of a better word. The plant life has been pushed back, not trimmed but made to grow in more useful ways, with walkways and railings replaced with smoothed vines and roots. The pathway across the bridge was clear and easy to move across, with no loose stones.

Several pairs of, well, not quite eyes but a collection of polished nuts, berries and stones peek curiously out of the doorway as everyone approached. "Hi! Who are you?" one of them said.


A HP: 69/69 | Mythic Points: 9/9pd | Ki Pool: 4/4 || R HP: HP: 42/42 Persona time left: 9 mins, Ext Persona 1/1
Aiday:
AC: 20 + 4 Deflection Bonus when moving, T: 16, FF: 14, SR: 11| Fort: +4/6, Ref: +14/16, Will: +8/12 | CMB: +7, CMD: 23 | Init: +8, Perception: +11
Rinat:
AC: 18 Human, 20 Hybrid & Wolf | T: 11, FF: 12 Human/13 | Fort: +7, Ref: +4, Will +6 | CMB: +4; CMD: +15 (19 vs trip as wolf) | Init +2, Perc: +6. Personas may differ.

Aibek contently walked alongside Azerna as the group made their way up. Taking a few moments on the bridge to admire the work, Aibek turned at the voice, "Hello, I am... with a glance of mixed feelings to Azerna before returning their attention to the Leshy, ...an Aibek, the others and I are some of the councilors of Khalharum hoping to use the divining pool in this tower to help find missing people. Also, I would like to talk to you and yours later when our current crisis is over, you've done some lovely work here..."

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (15) + 14 = 29


Female Fey Kitsune Kitsune Rogue 7 / Trickster Tier 2 | HP: 60/60 - M: 6/7 | AC: 22 T: 18 FF: 14 | F: +4 R: +13 W: +2 (+5 vs. Mind Affecting)| Init: +10 Perc: +10

Mihara followed suit, having magically changed her garments into a sumptuous floral-patterned sundress, and carrying herself quite proudly.

"I concur with my fellow councilor. We ask that you allow us into the tower to make use of the divining pool, and promise to take the utmost care in not damaging the plant life within."

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 17 ⇒ (11) + 17 = 28


GM of all he Surveys - Still sick, but in a different way

The Leshy considered this for a moment, then huddled up.

"What's a dividing pool?"

"Isn't that the thing people jump into when they want to swim?"

"None of our pools are that deep are they?"

"Maybe the one in the basement..."

"Then why come up here?"

"Maybe they don't know the right words for the Search Pool?"

"Which one is that?"

The one with all the metal on the bottom and wierd writing that Dry-Wind-In-The-Leaves uses sometimes."

"Can't be, that one's not very deep, I went swimming in it a week ago. You can barely make a splash when you jump in and they're all very tall."

"We could ask and see?"

"I suppose..."

One of the Leshy turned around and asked, "Excuse me, do you mean the Look Pool?"

"Search pool," another noted

"Search pool," the first agreed amiably.


Female Fey Kitsune Kitsune Rogue 7 / Trickster Tier 2 | HP: 60/60 - M: 6/7 | AC: 22 T: 18 FF: 14 | F: +4 R: +13 W: +2 (+5 vs. Mind Affecting)| Init: +10 Perc: +10

"Ahh, yes. Please pardon our ignorance. The Search Pool does seem like what we need to find the lost people. Might you allow us to make use of it?"


GM of all he Surveys - Still sick, but in a different way

The little plant creature shrugged. "So long as you don't hurt any of the plants. Just tell them to shoo if they get grabby, they like new people."

Another turned. "Are we allowed to use it?"

The first one shook there head. "No, but Dry Wind says we'd break it somehow. I don't see why."

The other sighed. "You dived into it, remember."

"Oh yeah..."

The small pack of Lethy started filing back in, with Azerna rubbing her forehead. "I'd forgotten what they could be like to deal with..."


A HP: 69/69 | Mythic Points: 9/9pd | Ki Pool: 4/4 || R HP: HP: 42/42 Persona time left: 9 mins, Ext Persona 1/1
Aiday:
AC: 20 + 4 Deflection Bonus when moving, T: 16, FF: 14, SR: 11| Fort: +4/6, Ref: +14/16, Will: +8/12 | CMB: +7, CMD: 23 | Init: +8, Perception: +11
Rinat:
AC: 18 Human, 20 Hybrid & Wolf | T: 11, FF: 12 Human/13 | Fort: +7, Ref: +4, Will +6 | CMB: +4; CMD: +15 (19 vs trip as wolf) | Init +2, Perc: +6. Personas may differ.

Aibek softly chuckled and gave a gentle sympathetic pat on Azerna's shoulder, "The young can be such a trial." before stumbling slightly forward.

Aibek's shadows seemed more eager to follow the Leshy inside and had yanked the Shadow Archon forward, not seeming to care at the moment how said person felt about that. They entirely ignored Aibek's glare and sigh of frustration while heading into the Tower.

Perception: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (4) + 10 = 14


Witch 8/Arch. 3 | HP: 75/75 | Melee: +5, Ranged: +7 | AC: 26, T: 13, FF: 23, DR: 8 (Blu/Mag) | Fort: +6, Ref: +5, Will: +8 (+4 vs Chan. Ener.) | CMB: +5, CMD: 18 | Init: +12, Perception: +23 |

I think they're cute. Azri thought as Azerna muttered a comment about the Leshy. She moved along with the others, keeping an eye on the area as they moved - the Leshy might not think of dangers that would threaten others, and she didn't want to expose any of her friends to risk.

Perception: 1d20 + 21 ⇒ (4) + 21 = 25


GM of all he Surveys - Still sick, but in a different way

The Leshy lead the party through the area, chattering cheerfully among whatever happens to come to mind as they do.

The inside of the tower is significantly different to the others, and to the brief view you got inside on the way up. The Leshy have used the plants woven through the towers to take do...almost everything. There are no sign of the monsters and beasts from before, either, but quite a lot of the tower seemed to be sealed off by vines and roots and the occasional growl could be heard behind them.

After some time you arrive on a floor with a heavy central door. The Leshy, still chattering, opened the door and revealed a large pool in the middle of the room. Sigils in Draconic, in three tight circles, are around the side, and a Leshy stood on the far side, gazing into the pool.

Dark Archive

CG Changeling Heavens Oracle(8) | HP: 87 | AC: 19 T:13 FF:17 | DR: 5/cold iron | CMD:20 | F:+5 R:+4 W:+9* | Init:+5 | Perc:+14 | Darkvision: 60' | Low-light Vision | Speed: 30' | Mythic Power: 7 | True Lore: 2 | Vision: 2 | Cleric Channel(1d6): 11 | Oracle Channel(4d6): 11 | Spells: 1st: 9 | 2nd: 9 | 3rd: 7 | 4th: 5 |

"Sorry for my ignorance, but who is 'Dry Wind in the Leaves'?"


A HP: 69/69 | Mythic Points: 9/9pd | Ki Pool: 4/4 || R HP: HP: 42/42 Persona time left: 9 mins, Ext Persona 1/1
Aiday:
AC: 20 + 4 Deflection Bonus when moving, T: 16, FF: 14, SR: 11| Fort: +4/6, Ref: +14/16, Will: +8/12 | CMB: +7, CMD: 23 | Init: +8, Perception: +11
Rinat:
AC: 18 Human, 20 Hybrid & Wolf | T: 11, FF: 12 Human/13 | Fort: +7, Ref: +4, Will +6 | CMB: +4; CMD: +15 (19 vs trip as wolf) | Init +2, Perc: +6. Personas may differ.

Aibek attempts to make running mental notes as they go along, though keeps being distracted by their shadows or the odd noises.

On entering the room with the pool, Aibek's attention goes to the sigils - most sigils would get the witchwolf's attention though found Draconic ones here a bit surprising, though admittedly their observer knowledge of the arcane means many languages for sigils would be surprising to Aibek who took a few moments to attempt to study the sigils.

The shadows were far more interested in the Leshy than the sigils. Avoiding touching either, they kept closer to the plant folk and greenery.


GM of all he Surveys - Still sick, but in a different way

"Dry Wind in the Leaves would be me," the Leshy across the scrying pool replies as they rise. "My younger siblings seem to have brought guests. Without telling anyone." She sighed as several of the others looked at each other, obviously trying to work out if they could.

Looking over, her berry eyes widened in surprise and she stared at Azerna. "Mother. I didn't expect to see you."

"We have a mother?"

"No, we're spirits remember. I guess she was one of the people that made us."

"Oh." A pause. "Hi Mom!"

"Hello, dear," Azerna said with a small smile. "And hello Dry Wind. It has been a long time. I think you were Blossoms by the Oasis then." The Leshy nodded.


GM of all he Surveys - Still sick, but in a different way

"Dry Wind in the Leaves would be me," the Leshy across the scrying pool replies as they rise. "My younger siblings seem to have brought guests. Without telling anyone." She sighed as several of the others looked at each other, obviously trying to work out if they could.

Looking over, her berry eyes widened in surprise and she stared at Azerna. "Mother. I didn't expect to see you."

"We have a mother?"

"No, we're spirits remember. I guess she was one of the people that made us."

"Oh." A pause. "Hi Mom!"

"Hello, dear," Azerna said with a small smile. "And hello Dry Wind. It has been a long time. I think you were Blossoms by the Oasis then." The Leshy nodded.


A HP: 69/69 | Mythic Points: 9/9pd | Ki Pool: 4/4 || R HP: HP: 42/42 Persona time left: 9 mins, Ext Persona 1/1
Aiday:
AC: 20 + 4 Deflection Bonus when moving, T: 16, FF: 14, SR: 11| Fort: +4/6, Ref: +14/16, Will: +8/12 | CMB: +7, CMD: 23 | Init: +8, Perception: +11
Rinat:
AC: 18 Human, 20 Hybrid & Wolf | T: 11, FF: 12 Human/13 | Fort: +7, Ref: +4, Will +6 | CMB: +4; CMD: +15 (19 vs trip as wolf) | Init +2, Perc: +6. Personas may differ.

Aibek's attention quickly went from the draconic symbols to Azerna - watching her reaction with an admiring smile at her ease with what Aibek could only imagine was a shock as well as her obvious skills shining. There was also a gentle nudge and eye twinkle of 'This is lovely and we are sooo discussing this later'.

Aibek looked to Dry Wind and gave a small bow, "Hello Dry Winds. Azerna is now a councilor of Khalharum, as am I and the others. I hope we can talk more soon, but, as we told your younger siblings, we're hoping to use the pool to help us find some missing people quickly."

The shadows remained mainly interested in the younger Leshy than the conversation going on.

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (7) + 14 = 21


GM of all he Surveys - Still sick, but in a different way

I'm sure I wrote about the circle.

Aibek (and everyone else with Draconic) was able to read the runes around the pool, which was mostly a spell for concentrating the powers of divination. The inner most circle was a warning, however; Know that those who see the future become its slave.

"A Councillor?" The Leshy turned her head for a moment. "I suppose that would make her the most likely to take this tower, then? There are worse choices, if that is what you will."

Gesturing to the pool, she added, "If you wish to find the missing then wade into the centre and put something with a strong tie to them there. As the ripples still the image should appear."


Female Fey Kitsune Kitsune Rogue 7 / Trickster Tier 2 | HP: 60/60 - M: 6/7 | AC: 22 T: 18 FF: 14 | F: +4 R: +13 W: +2 (+5 vs. Mind Affecting)| Init: +10 Perc: +10

Mihara made a mental note to confer with Aibek as to some concerns she had towards their apparent distraction. Was something troubling the witchwolf.

Still, there were more pressing matters at hand. She drew the sheathed dagger from her bag and held it out.

"Your help is greatly appreciated. Let us begin." she told Dry Wind in the Leaves, addressing him in Sylvan as, she hoped, a sign of respect and politeness.

Barring any counter-indications, she steps into the pool, reverently carrying the weapon and setting it down at the center point, before making her way back to the edge and stepping out.


A HP: 69/69 | Mythic Points: 9/9pd | Ki Pool: 4/4 || R HP: HP: 42/42 Persona time left: 9 mins, Ext Persona 1/1
Aiday:
AC: 20 + 4 Deflection Bonus when moving, T: 16, FF: 14, SR: 11| Fort: +4/6, Ref: +14/16, Will: +8/12 | CMB: +7, CMD: 23 | Init: +8, Perception: +11
Rinat:
AC: 18 Human, 20 Hybrid & Wolf | T: 11, FF: 12 Human/13 | Fort: +7, Ref: +4, Will +6 | CMB: +4; CMD: +15 (19 vs trip as wolf) | Init +2, Perc: +6. Personas may differ.

While hearing of such things as the draconic writing said of seeing a future binding one to it, the blunt tone of it made Aibek cautiously stick even closer to Azerna and attempted to bring the shadows closer.

The shadows agreed and did so, but still watched the Leshy with interest.

Aibek glanced between Dry Winds in the Leaves and Azerna with a bit of confusion at Dry Wind's remark, "...That isn't part of any plan I'm aware of - the others have rooms in a tower, but they've not taken them and Azerna and I live at her inn. While I'd like to help with some of those creatures if they're a problem, there is no plan to take this place from you all, but that can be discussed more later..." as Aibek watched Mihara in the pool.


Witch 8/Arch. 3 | HP: 75/75 | Melee: +5, Ranged: +7 | AC: 26, T: 13, FF: 23, DR: 8 (Blu/Mag) | Fort: +6, Ref: +5, Will: +8 (+4 vs Chan. Ener.) | CMB: +5, CMD: 18 | Init: +12, Perception: +23 |

Noting the inscription, Azri whispered, "Can confirm. Do not mess around with divination. That way lies madness."


GM of all he Surveys - Still sick, but in a different way

As Mihara waded back out of the pool, Dry Wind tilted her head again. "That was not how it was, traditionally. A Council Member would take a Tower. The Council Leader would take the central one."

"That was how the Council worked before you slept," Azerna replied, "But it's not how it has to be. This Council is a lot less...possessive than the older ones have been."

One of the Leshy looked at it's fellows. "Did we meet the old Council?"

"Yeah, but it was before we took that nap."

"It was a very long nap," the first nodded sagely.

As the ripples smoothed an image appeared - a cave of some kind, with the captured people sealed inside it behind a heavily barred door. The image moved out, revealing a brief view of what might be a network of caves, or maybe some kind of overgrown ruins. Further out and it revealed a tiny island of the North Coast, the cave network below the island - and the water.


A HP: 69/69 | Mythic Points: 9/9pd | Ki Pool: 4/4 || R HP: HP: 42/42 Persona time left: 9 mins, Ext Persona 1/1
Aiday:
AC: 20 + 4 Deflection Bonus when moving, T: 16, FF: 14, SR: 11| Fort: +4/6, Ref: +14/16, Will: +8/12 | CMB: +7, CMD: 23 | Init: +8, Perception: +11
Rinat:
AC: 18 Human, 20 Hybrid & Wolf | T: 11, FF: 12 Human/13 | Fort: +7, Ref: +4, Will +6 | CMB: +4; CMD: +15 (19 vs trip as wolf) | Init +2, Perc: +6. Personas may differ.

"The 8 current councilors work collectively". Aibek explained to Dry Leaves before glancing over to Azerna, That reminds me - at some point soon we will need to discuss the nomination and test procedures for some of the potentials as well as ways to use some of the other Tower spaces." Aibek said before hesitantly returning to look at the pool.

The sight of the captured people was unpleasant, but at least the information given wasn't too horrible - though Aibek's idea of "too horrible" might be a bit skewed. Looking to the others, "Maybe taking a small boat between the islands up to the North would be less risky with them than around, though it might be slower which has its own risks. I have a few water-breathing potions, though we might need a few more..."

Aibek had taken a few trips up to the northern islands and considered what could be seen in how to make it better...

Knowledge Local: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (19) + 5 = 24


GM of all he Surveys - Still sick, but in a different way

The island in question is rocky, with no obvious beaches. An approach through the water might be required to land on it.

4,951 to 5,000 of 5,105 << first < prev | 93 | 94 | 95 | 96 | 97 | 98 | 99 | 100 | 101 | 102 | 103 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Broken Towers All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.