Baldur's Gate, Legacy of Bhaal-A Reimagining (Inactive)

Game Master Shadoven

Whether by birth, travel, or circumstances far stranger, you find yourselves at Candlekeep, summoned by the Mage and Scholar Gorion. Whether seen as a Father, a Friend, a Mentor, or even a Rival, all agree he is a wise man, whom has brought you here and asked you to gather your belonings, and prepare for an unknown, hushed journey into the darkness...


251 to 300 of 578 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | next > last >>

Male Gondsman Druid 1, HP 8/3; AC 12; Init +1, Greatclub +2 [1d8+2] or Spear +2 [1d6+2/1d8+2] or Dagger +2 [1d6+2]; Spd 30ft; Str +2; Dex +1; Con +2; Int +0; Wis +1 (+2 for saves); Cha -2.

Well, I gotta sleep. GM Shadoven - DMNPC Kemek if necessary.


Female Human Bard 1 (AC 15, HP 7, Init +4, rapier +5 (1d8+4) and dagger +5 (1d4), Speed 30 ft.

Here's the relevant part:

Call of Battle wrote:
An affected creature can roll an extra d4 when rolling damage for melee and ranged attacks.

Uruk should roll an extra d4 damage, but I'm honestly not sure if it applies to Ridel or not. He is making a ranged attack (by means of a spell, though).


It applies anytime you make an attack roll.


Ridel utters a magical incantation, and an icy ray lashes out from his crystal orb, freezing the one bandit who managed to break free. A startled gasp escapes as he quickly turns to ice, ice that the lashing vines quickly crush.

The remaining two thugs, having seen all their comrades soundly obliterated in seconds, stop struggling and begin to cry out for mercy.

What does everyone do?

Battle is over.


attacks:
Battleaxe (+5 to hit, 1d8+3 damage Versatile 1d10) 5 Javelins (+5 to hit, 1d6+3 damage 30/120)
AC 18, hps 12 Init +2, passive perception 11
stats:
Str 17+3 Dex 10 Con 14 +2 Int 8 Wis 12 +1 Cha 14 +2
Skills & Saves:
Intimidate+4 Insight+3 Religion+1 Athletics+5 Medicine+3 Wisdom+2 Charisma+4

Qorin stops raging, though you wouldn't know it to look at him. He stalks across the clearing to the first survivor, grabs him by his shirt front and gets nose to nose with him.

"Who sent you?" he says, doing his best Batman. Before the man has a chance to answer, he snarls, "I only need one of you alive to answer me."

Half-orcs get advantage on Intimidation checks, so 2 rolls.
1d20 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 2 = 7
1d20 + 2 ⇒ (20) + 2 = 22


Male Sun Elf Mage 1/Fighter 1

While Qorin starts intimidating the remaining bandits, Ridel looks over them to see if they have any identifying marks that would label them as being part of some group.

History?
1d20 + 5 ⇒ (11) + 5 = 16


Male Human Rogue 2
Stats:
HP 11/11 | AC 15 | HD 2/2d6 | Init +2| Spd 30ft.| STR 9 DEX 14 CON 10 INT 12 WIS 8 CHA 5; Prof +1 |Rapier +3/1d8+2| Shortbow +3/1d6+2 {37 arrows}

Rasp seeing that Qorin is "making new friends" stalks slowly toward the girl who had aided them against the bandits. As a precaution he notched another arrow.

"You helped us. Why?" he asked, his voice harsh and untrusting.

Being newish to Candlekeep, I'm guessing I don't know Tessa. She'd probably know Kemek though. Oh, and afterwards we are definitely searching these guys for loot. :-)


Male Gondsman Druid 1, HP 8/3; AC 12; Init +1, Greatclub +2 [1d8+2] or Spear +2 [1d6+2/1d8+2] or Dagger +2 [1d6+2]; Spd 30ft; Str +2; Dex +1; Con +2; Int +0; Wis +1 (+2 for saves); Cha -2.

Good point Rasp!

"Rasp! Yon woman is Tessa, also of Candlekeep, and a firm friend of Gorion's - often somewhat easier to understand than Torrinaxis. Though I do like both their music. Torrin's has the cadence of the wild more masterfully handled, while Tessa plies one's heart with deeper emotion - though that could easily be that her human heritage moves this stolid gondsman more easily than does the dragonborn. Really, when one considers... Oh"

Kemek notices that Rasp is no longer listening, nor anyone else. Apparently now is not the time for qualitative discussions of the merits of Torrinaxis' and Tessa's musical gifts.

Kemek rises, shaking off the leaves form his "stealthy" hiding and moves to stand close to Qorin while he works, taking mental notes on how to extract information from captured foes. He wonders if being noseless might himder his efforts. Or, if offering to make the interviewee noseless might make them more talkative. He decides it more than likely would.


Male Half-Orc Wizard (Far Traveler)/1, HP: 10/10, AC: 12(15) , Saves: INT +5, WIS +3, Initiative: +2, Perception: +3 Spell Save: 12, Spell Attack Modifier: +4, Cantrips: Fire Bolt, Mending, Minor Illusion,

Uruk emerges from the nearby brush and makes a point of retrieving his arrow in an obvious manner to aid Qorion's threats, from there he passes to the.bodies and looks them over talking to no one in particular.

The dead have no need of their resources. To leave it behind is a waste.
perception: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 2 = 7


In total you can find 13 Gold and 4 Silver, 5 Slings with 40 bullets total, 5 clubs, 5 sets of dirty tattered clothing, a Shield, Mace, suit of Ring Mail, a good set of Clothing, a silver medallion bearing a symbol of a Skull over a Starburst, and 5 waterkins with 12 Day so rations total.

The bandit Qorin is questioning screams in fear and soils himself, blathering incoherently. After a few moments, he gains some measure of composure, and begins speaking.

Spare me Lord! I din get no name, she paid the Priest oer there to take us here and capture whoer he sic us on! That be all he told us, some strange lookin woman or some such! I beg you, im just a simple bandit milord, no serious crimes! Spare me!

Ridel, nothing noteworthy about the group. They seem to be common thugs, though you do know this area has been seeing a lot of bandit raiding what with the Iron Shortage and all.


attacks:
Battleaxe (+5 to hit, 1d8+3 damage Versatile 1d10) 5 Javelins (+5 to hit, 1d6+3 damage 30/120)
AC 18, hps 12 Init +2, passive perception 11
stats:
Str 17+3 Dex 10 Con 14 +2 Int 8 Wis 12 +1 Cha 14 +2
Skills & Saves:
Intimidate+4 Insight+3 Religion+1 Athletics+5 Medicine+3 Wisdom+2 Charisma+4

"This woman, tell me everything you remember about her," Qorin snarls. When the bandit has given a satisfactory description of her, he looks at the two of them, and shoves the one he's holding down.

"Take yourselves to Candlekeep and turn yourselves in as bandits to the guard. Don't make me have to come find you again."

That done, he sighs and nudges the dead leader with his toe, checking to see if he recognizes him from any wanted posters.


Qorin, the description they give seems to match with the exotic woman from a far away land that was at the ambush that killed Gorion.

You do not recognize any bounties on the leader.

They stammer in thanks and begin running up the road towards Candlekeep.


Male Sun Elf Mage 1/Fighter 1

"The medallion, might I see it? A strange device." Ridel murmurs the last to himself as he looks over the medallion, examining it thoroughly.

History
1d20 + 5 ⇒ (17) + 5 = 22

Arcana
1d20 + 5 ⇒ (15) + 5 = 20


You think it is a Holy Symbol, though the symbol itself appears to be relatively new, not something from ancient history. You feel that if you had just a touch of Religious knowledge or a book on religion, you could pinpoint the god.


Male Sun Elf Mage 1/Fighter 1

"Some type of holy symbol, I should think. Though I do not recognize it. Someone with more religious experience might know who it is of."


Male Half-Orc Wizard (Far Traveler)/1, HP: 10/10, AC: 12(15) , Saves: INT +5, WIS +3, Initiative: +2, Perception: +3 Spell Save: 12, Spell Attack Modifier: +4, Cantrips: Fire Bolt, Mending, Minor Illusion,

Uruk motions at the heretofore quiet bard, Bards know such things and she is known to Kemek. I assume she.is no bandit...


Female Human Bard 1 (AC 15, HP 7, Init +4, rapier +5 (1d8+4) and dagger +5 (1d4), Speed 30 ft.
Kemek wrote:
"Rasp! Yon woman is Tessa, also of Candlekeep, and a firm friend of Gorion's - often somewhat easier to understand than Torrinaxis. Though I do like both their music. Torrin's has the cadence of the wild more masterfully handled, while Tessa plies one's heart with deeper emotion - though that could easily be that her human heritage moves this stolid gondsman more easily than does the dragonborn. Really, when one considers... Oh

And here I thought you were never listening, Gonsdman! Aside from that, o cowled one, you may have not noticed I was bound and violently captured by these scum. They seemed intent on stopping me from returning to Gorion with the mission he sent me with. I was calmly walking the roads when they-

Tessa finally notices the medallion at Ridel's hands.

Mind if I take a quick look at it? Oh, a skull - how imaginative! It's not crowned, so we're not dealing with the Vaunted One; it's also not surrounded by blood so that should be a no to the dead one - but there's also the Lord of Bones, but he's also been dead a while.

Religion check: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7 or 10 + 3 = 13
Bardic Knowledge: When you make an Intelligence check, treat a d20 roll of 9 or lower as a 10 if the check involves any of the following skills: Arcana, History, Nature, or Religion.
I'll assume a 13 is enough.

Of course, we're dealing here with a newer Power - the Dark Sun, the Prince of Lies, Cyric.


Female Human Bard 1 (AC 15, HP 7, Init +4, rapier +5 (1d8+4) and dagger +5 (1d4), Speed 30 ft.

Knowing only few disconnected bits about the uncommon group, Tessa tries fishing for clues:

I'll risk that their leader has been sent to capture me and perhaps some of you to keep us from the quests Gorion tasked us with. It's been a pleasure fighting alongside such esteemed malcontents and rascals but we should make haste back to Candlekeep so as to not keep that old rapscallion waiting.

Her words are carried with undisguised mirth that works to take the sting out of the good-hearted insults. She takes a moment to recover her possessions from the bandits, buckle her swordbelts and backpack.


Male Human Rogue 2
Stats:
HP 11/11 | AC 15 | HD 2/2d6 | Init +2| Spd 30ft.| STR 9 DEX 14 CON 10 INT 12 WIS 8 CHA 5; Prof +1 |Rapier +3/1d8+2| Shortbow +3/1d6+2 {37 arrows}

Rasp slowly lowered his bow once Kemek vouched for the young woman. But he watched her after, still slow to trust.

But then he noticed the way she casually mentioned Gorian, and a throb of pity ran through him.

She doesn't know...

"Tessa," he said haltingly, ashamed at the tremor of weakness in his voice. "Gorian -- he's not -- I mean, he's-"

He can't finish the words. So instead he took Gorian's Dagger and meekly showed it to her, like a child who had been caught thieving sweets.

"We -- we buried him -- over there."


Male Gondsman Druid 1, HP 8/3; AC 12; Init +1, Greatclub +2 [1d8+2] or Spear +2 [1d6+2/1d8+2] or Dagger +2 [1d6+2]; Spd 30ft; Str +2; Dex +1; Con +2; Int +0; Wis +1 (+2 for saves); Cha -2.

"Yes, a larger armoured warrior of even grimmer countenance than the one just slain split Gorian's middle with a wicked looking blade. It looked indescribably painful and blood spurted everywhere. Gorian screamed in abject pain and died soon afterward." adds Kemek helpfully.


Female Human Bard 1 (AC 15, HP 7, Init +4, rapier +5 (1d8+4) and dagger +5 (1d4), Speed 30 ft.

At this point, it's somewhat safe to say that the young woman in front of the group is either Faerûn's most skilled liar, surpassing even the god Cyric, or she's heartbroken. After scanning carefully Rasp's face for any signs of mischief or manipulation, her eyes glisten with tears. The pain of losing a mentor - almost a father - is plain on her face for a few seconds as the realization sinks in.

The long faces on the group, the clearing with obvious signs of father, even the simple marked grave. Above all, the certainty.

He knew of the danger. That's why he sent me away. You old fool.


Male Sun Elf Mage 1/Fighter 1

Ridel looks a little aghast at Kemek's description, but nods sullenly.


Female Human Bard 1 (AC 15, HP 7, Init +4, rapier +5 (1d8+4) and dagger +5 (1d4), Speed 30 ft.

Tessa closes her eyes, trying to hold onto her emotions so as to better comprehend the situation. Two lonely tears fall unbidden through her face, promptly wiped up by her sleeve. Biting through her pain, fists closed strongly, the pupil asks:

That... warrior. Who is he and where may he be found?


Male Half-Orc Wizard (Far Traveler)/1, HP: 10/10, AC: 12(15) , Saves: INT +5, WIS +3, Initiative: +2, Perception: +3 Spell Save: 12, Spell Attack Modifier: +4, Cantrips: Fire Bolt, Mending, Minor Illusion,

Surely a question that holds great danger. Gorion left instructions that we intend to follow. I suspect we will find many answers and of course all are welcome that hold the man in esteem.


Male Human Rogue 2
Stats:
HP 11/11 | AC 15 | HD 2/2d6 | Init +2| Spd 30ft.| STR 9 DEX 14 CON 10 INT 12 WIS 8 CHA 5; Prof +1 |Rapier +3/1d8+2| Shortbow +3/1d6+2 {37 arrows}

"When the time comes, Tessa, I assure you we will pay back Gorian's death in kind."

"And Uruk is right. We are to head Northeast to the Friendly Arm Inn. We should reach there by heading along the Coast Way road. It was the last thing the Old Man told us."

"Once that is done, we will decide on a new plan. You should come with us, if for no other reason than Candlekeep is not a safe place."

Rasp then explains about the doppelganger assassins.

"We should take what we can here and leave."


Male Sun Elf Mage 1/Fighter 1

Ridel nods, again offering the assistance of his steed if needed to carry heavy things.


Just to clarify, Ridel and Tessa, you both currently had no plans to go to The Friendly Arm Inn, as both of your goals seemingly at the time lay at Candlekeep. Are we going to roleplay this out, or just assume you agree to follow the others to The Friendly Arm Inn? If so, I shall carry on the scene.

Assuming the group gathers there belongings and begins to move on, the following questions need to be answered.

-Are you following the road from Candlekeep East, then turning North onto The Coast Way to the Friendly Arm Inn?

-Are you taking a more direct route Northeast through the Wilderness?

-Are you moving at a Slow, Moderate, or Fast Pace?

-If moving at a Slow or Moderate Pace, what Action will each of you be taking each hour?

-And if not taking the road, whomever is Navigating needs to make me 10 Wisdom Survival roles. Note, this does not mean your destination is exactly 10 hours away, this is simply to save time so I do not have to wait on a roll for each hour of travel.


Male Sun Elf Mage 1/Fighter 1

In a previous post, Ridel had already agreed to accompany the others there. With Gorian's death, there was no longer any need to travel to Candlekeep.

Might I suggest that we take the Coast Way roads to the Friendly Arm Inn. I believe we will find the road a more comfortable solution than attempting to trek through the wilderness."


Male Human Rogue 2
Stats:
HP 11/11 | AC 15 | HD 2/2d6 | Init +2| Spd 30ft.| STR 9 DEX 14 CON 10 INT 12 WIS 8 CHA 5; Prof +1 |Rapier +3/1d8+2| Shortbow +3/1d6+2 {37 arrows}

"I would also prefer the Road, but I'll yield the decision to Qorin. My place is the city. I am out of my element here."

I would recommend a Moderate Pace. Just being on the road should save us some time. And I will be Keeping Watch. If we go through the woods, I'll be doing the same thing. DM, wasn't sure if you wanted 10 rounds from everybody or just the folk Navigating.

Round 1

Wisdom (Perception): 1d20 - 1 + 1 ⇒ (15) - 1 + 1 = 15

Intelligence (Search): 1d20 + 1 + 1 + 5 ⇒ (3) + 1 + 1 + 5 = 10

Round 2

Wisdom (Perception): 1d20 - 1 + 1 ⇒ (8) - 1 + 1 = 8

Intelligence (Search): 1d20 + 1 + 1 + 5 ⇒ (16) + 1 + 1 + 5 = 23

Round 3

Wisdom (Perception): 1d20 - 1 + 1 ⇒ (17) - 1 + 1 = 17

Intelligence (Search): 1d20 + 1 + 1 + 5 ⇒ (19) + 1 + 1 + 5 = 26

Round 4

Wisdom (Perception): 1d20 - 1 + 1 ⇒ (1) - 1 + 1 = 1

Intelligence (Search): 1d20 + 1 + 1 + 5 ⇒ (16) + 1 + 1 + 5 = 23

Round 5

Wisdom (Perception): 1d20 - 1 + 1 ⇒ (4) - 1 + 1 = 4

Intelligence (Search): 1d20 + 1 + 1 + 5 ⇒ (4) + 1 + 1 + 5 = 11

Round 6

Wisdom (Perception): 1d20 - 1 + 1 ⇒ (8) - 1 + 1 = 8

Intelligence (Search): 1d20 + 1 + 1 + 5 ⇒ (17) + 1 + 1 + 5 = 24

Round 7

Wisdom (Perception): 1d20 - 1 + 1 ⇒ (11) - 1 + 1 = 11

Intelligence (Search): 1d20 + 1 + 1 + 5 ⇒ (20) + 1 + 1 + 5 = 27

Round 8

Wisdom (Perception): 1d20 - 1 + 1 ⇒ (1) - 1 + 1 = 1

Intelligence (Search): 1d20 + 1 + 1 + 5 ⇒ (20) + 1 + 1 + 5 = 27

Round 9

Wisdom (Perception): 1d20 - 1 + 1 ⇒ (4) - 1 + 1 = 4

Intelligence (Search): 1d20 + 1 + 1 + 5 ⇒ (10) + 1 + 1 + 5 = 17

Round 10

Wisdom (Perception): 1d20 - 1 + 1 ⇒ (4) - 1 + 1 = 4

Intelligence (Search): 1d20 + 1 + 1 + 5 ⇒ (19) + 1 + 1 + 5 = 26


Female Human Bard 1 (AC 15, HP 7, Init +4, rapier +5 (1d8+4) and dagger +5 (1d4), Speed 30 ft.

Tessa tries talking to the group, asking questions about their meetings with Gorion and details of the happenings, but her mood is somewhat subdued for a couple of days.

As the days pass, she is frequently caught writing down a few random notes on a scroll and studying a religious tome. Those that take a peek notice the outlines of a simple map, with a small cross marking Gorion's grave.

Tessa will take the Mapmaking Task. I can't draw for my life, but if I get a map I might try fiddling with Corel and getting a cool digital image.


Male Sun Elf Mage 1/Fighter 1

Ridel, not having known Gorion except by reputation, is perhaps a little less subdued than Tessa. While elves mourn as much as other races do, their long lives and differing worldviews caused the sorrow to exhibit differently.

He remains quiet and perceptive as they continue their journey.

Perception (Adv)
1d20 + 1 ⇒ (11) + 1 = 12
1d20 + 1 ⇒ (14) + 1 = 15

Perception (Adv)
1d20 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4
1d20 + 1 ⇒ (13) + 1 = 14

Perception (Adv)
1d20 + 1 ⇒ (20) + 1 = 21
1d20 + 1 ⇒ (18) + 1 = 19

Perception (Adv)
1d20 + 1 ⇒ (19) + 1 = 20
1d20 + 1 ⇒ (17) + 1 = 18

Perception (Adv)
1d20 + 1 ⇒ (18) + 1 = 19
1d20 + 1 ⇒ (16) + 1 = 17

Perception (Adv)
1d20 + 1 ⇒ (12) + 1 = 13
1d20 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2

Perception (Adv)
1d20 + 1 ⇒ (9) + 1 = 10
1d20 + 1 ⇒ (18) + 1 = 19

Perception (Adv)
1d20 + 1 ⇒ (19) + 1 = 20
1d20 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 7

Perception (Adv)
1d20 + 1 ⇒ (10) + 1 = 11
1d20 + 1 ⇒ (10) + 1 = 11

Perception (Adv)
1d20 + 1 ⇒ (10) + 1 = 11
1d20 + 1 ⇒ (17) + 1 = 18

Perception (Adv)
1d20 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4
1d20 + 1 ⇒ (9) + 1 = 10


attacks:
Battleaxe (+5 to hit, 1d8+3 damage Versatile 1d10) 5 Javelins (+5 to hit, 1d6+3 damage 30/120)
AC 18, hps 12 Init +2, passive perception 11
stats:
Str 17+3 Dex 10 Con 14 +2 Int 8 Wis 12 +1 Cha 14 +2
Skills & Saves:
Intimidate+4 Insight+3 Religion+1 Athletics+5 Medicine+3 Wisdom+2 Charisma+4

I agree that the road is the best way," Qorin nods. "It may be risky, but I have no particular skill in the wilds. I would suggest that we all travel together to The Friendly Arm Inn. It seems that these others...." He gestures to Uruk, Tessa and Ridel. "are friends of Gorion as well. I see no reason not to bring them with us."

And if any of them are enemies, I won't want them running off to tell where we're going.

On the road, Qorin keeps alert to any potential dangers.

1
Perception: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (16) + 2 = 18
2
Perception: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (10) + 2 = 12
3
Perception: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (20) + 2 = 22
4
Perception: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (18) + 2 = 20
5
Perception: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5
6
Perception: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (11) + 2 = 13
7
Perception: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 2 = 9
8
Perception: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (16) + 2 = 18
9
Perception: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (15) + 2 = 17
10
Perception: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6


Those of you who have traveled this road before, most likely Qorin and Uruk, you would know it is about a 3 day journey from Candlekeep to The Friendly Arm Inn moving at a moderate pace, and stopping to rest at nightfall.

The group marches on, with many keeping a sharp eye out in case of more foulness along the way. The day passes slowly, but uneventfully, and before long nightfall approaches. As it does, you happen upon a small Shrine of Tymora, with a small campsite prepared beside it. At your current pace, it will only take 2 more days of travel to reach The Friendly Arm Inn.

Do you make any special preparations for the night? And feel free to roleplay around the fire or what not.

Those who have not done it yet, give me Wisdom Perception roles please as you settle in for the night.


Male Gondsman Druid 1, HP 8/3; AC 12; Init +1, Greatclub +2 [1d8+2] or Spear +2 [1d6+2/1d8+2] or Dagger +2 [1d6+2]; Spd 30ft; Str +2; Dex +1; Con +2; Int +0; Wis +1 (+2 for saves); Cha -2.

Kemek is fascinated, as usual by the vasty richness of humanoid society, and the road's fellow travellers, twists and turn and deviations from natural topography all combine to keep him amused and inspired...

1
Perception: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (17) + 1 = 18

2
Perception: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (14) + 1 = 15

3
Perception: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5

4
Perception: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 1 = 9

5
Perception: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (10) + 1 = 11

6
Perception: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (10) + 1 = 11

7
Perception: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (20) + 1 = 21

8
Perception: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 1 = 6

9
Perception: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (18) + 1 = 19

10
Perception: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5


Male Half-Orc Wizard (Far Traveler)/1, HP: 10/10, AC: 12(15) , Saves: INT +5, WIS +3, Initiative: +2, Perception: +3 Spell Save: 12, Spell Attack Modifier: +4, Cantrips: Fire Bolt, Mending, Minor Illusion,

I am lost somehow, is there a reference for the paces and actions? I have been looking but not seeing it in my playtest stuff? Help!

Wisdom!: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5


Female Human Bard 1 (AC 15, HP 7, Init +4, rapier +5 (1d8+4) and dagger +5 (1d4), Speed 30 ft.

Smiling upon the happenstance of the shrine in honor of Lady Luck just as they need to camp, Tessa promptly marks the point on her map.

I... would like to thank you all for the last few days. You have been given a duty and you keep carrying it despite heavy opposition. I aim to do just that and see Gorion's will carried out. Although I've never even been this far from Candlekeep, I promise I will not be a burden on your travels. Perhaps I might even make the days a bit lighter with song, if you'd like.

Wisdom check: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (17) + 1 = 18


Male Gondsman Druid 1, HP 8/3; AC 12; Init +1, Greatclub +2 [1d8+2] or Spear +2 [1d6+2/1d8+2] or Dagger +2 [1d6+2]; Spd 30ft; Str +2; Dex +1; Con +2; Int +0; Wis +1 (+2 for saves); Cha -2.

The 10 Perception rolls we made are for each day of travel. Though I think we now need to make another for this campsite...


Male Sun Elf Mage 1/Fighter 1

After tending to his horse (I'm assuming the only one.), Ridel studies his spellbook for a time and then proceeds to trance for the rest of the night. He offers to keep watch for a time since the trance period is not as long as sleep is required for most.

"I am glad to have you along, Tessa. While I have learned not to judge books by their covers, I was finding it rather strange to travel with two orcish folk and a Gondsman. And the stealthy fellow. I'm not sure where he is right now, no surprise there."


Male Gondsman Druid 1, HP 8/3; AC 12; Init +1, Greatclub +2 [1d8+2] or Spear +2 [1d6+2/1d8+2] or Dagger +2 [1d6+2]; Spd 30ft; Str +2; Dex +1; Con +2; Int +0; Wis +1 (+2 for saves); Cha -2.
Kemek wrote:
The 10 Perception rolls we made are for each day of travel. Though I think we now need to make another for this campsite...

Actually this is incorrect:

GM Shadoven wrote:
-And if not taking the road, whomever is Navigating needs to make me 10 Wisdom Survival roles. Note, this does not mean your destination is exactly 10 hours away, this is simply to save time so I do not have to wait on a roll for each hour of travel.


The rolls are to speed up time. What I actually need now is for you to decide who, if any, will be keeping watch and in what order, so I can proceed accordingly with the next few days travel.


Male Human Rogue 2
Stats:
HP 11/11 | AC 15 | HD 2/2d6 | Init +2| Spd 30ft.| STR 9 DEX 14 CON 10 INT 12 WIS 8 CHA 5; Prof +1 |Rapier +3/1d8+2| Shortbow +3/1d6+2 {37 arrows}

"I'm right here, Ridel," said Rasp from behind a tree. "Just taking stock of the area."

To see if I find anything unusual around the camp.

Intelligence (Search): 1d20 + 1 + 1 + 5 ⇒ (16) + 1 + 1 + 5 = 23

"I'll take first watch," he told the group.

"Never sleep well anyway," he muttered to himself.

He stared at the statue of Tymora. He didn't feel like praying just then. Instead, he sat by a tree and began sharpening and oiling his blades and arrowheads.


attacks:
Battleaxe (+5 to hit, 1d8+3 damage Versatile 1d10) 5 Javelins (+5 to hit, 1d6+3 damage 30/120)
AC 18, hps 12 Init +2, passive perception 11
stats:
Str 17+3 Dex 10 Con 14 +2 Int 8 Wis 12 +1 Cha 14 +2
Skills & Saves:
Intimidate+4 Insight+3 Religion+1 Athletics+5 Medicine+3 Wisdom+2 Charisma+4

"I can take the middle watch," Qorin says, giving Kemek a look. I don't know whether we can trust these newcomers yet. They haven't seen what we've seen. Unrolling a blanket on the ground, he drops his backpack under his head and starts to drift off.


Male Gondsman Druid 1, HP 8/3; AC 12; Init +1, Greatclub +2 [1d8+2] or Spear +2 [1d6+2/1d8+2] or Dagger +2 [1d6+2]; Spd 30ft; Str +2; Dex +1; Con +2; Int +0; Wis +1 (+2 for saves); Cha -2.

"Third and fourth watch are mine. And fifth. Plus the sixth!" blurts out Kemek, suddenly catching on to Qorin's unspoken look. Flustered, he attempts a smile, the crude semblance of a jaw and lips angling to make him look a little more... frightening and ridiculous at the same time.

"I don't actually need to sleep. A little meditation to prepare my spells and I'm ready for watching!" he adds by way of explanation. He attempts to give Qorin a wink, lack of practice and eyelids negating the attempt.


Male Half-Orc Wizard (Far Traveler)/1, HP: 10/10, AC: 12(15) , Saves: INT +5, WIS +3, Initiative: +2, Perception: +3 Spell Save: 12, Spell Attack Modifier: +4, Cantrips: Fire Bolt, Mending, Minor Illusion,

If we have.those who need no sleep then we can have more than one on watch. If we are prey I'd rather see us use all our resources. I will take last watch.]


Male Human Rogue 2
Stats:
HP 11/11 | AC 15 | HD 2/2d6 | Init +2| Spd 30ft.| STR 9 DEX 14 CON 10 INT 12 WIS 8 CHA 5; Prof +1 |Rapier +3/1d8+2| Shortbow +3/1d6+2 {37 arrows}

Rasp nodded, agreeing with Uruk.

"Good idea. Kemek can stay up with anyone else on watch."

Wisdom (Perception) for First Watch: 1d20 - 1 + 0 ⇒ (12) - 1 + 0 = 11


Male Gondsman Druid 1, HP 8/3; AC 12; Init +1, Greatclub +2 [1d8+2] or Spear +2 [1d6+2/1d8+2] or Dagger +2 [1d6+2]; Spd 30ft; Str +2; Dex +1; Con +2; Int +0; Wis +1 (+2 for saves); Cha -2.

Kemek spends a few moments to make his observances to Lathander.

He then sits up with each watcher, trying not to be interested in life stories and rather keeping eyes and earholes alert for danger... With little success. ;)

Rasp's watch:
Perception: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (12) + 1 = 13

Qorin's watch:
Perception: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (9) + 1 = 10

Ridel's watch:
Perception: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (11) + 1 = 12

Tessa's watch:
Perception: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (10) + 1 = 11

Uruk's Watch:
Perception: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 1 = 9


attacks:
Battleaxe (+5 to hit, 1d8+3 damage Versatile 1d10) 5 Javelins (+5 to hit, 1d6+3 damage 30/120)
AC 18, hps 12 Init +2, passive perception 11
stats:
Str 17+3 Dex 10 Con 14 +2 Int 8 Wis 12 +1 Cha 14 +2
Skills & Saves:
Intimidate+4 Insight+3 Religion+1 Athletics+5 Medicine+3 Wisdom+2 Charisma+4

Perception for 2nd watch: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 2 = 10


1d5 ⇒ 1

As you all settle in for the night and lay down to sleep, Qorin and Kemek begin to take watch. Only a couple hours have passed, and it is close to the 2nd watch. Kemek, as you stand there, you hear faint whisperings in the night, coming from the from the woods close to your camp. It sounds like something is whispering in a high pitched voice as it approaches your campfire. You believe you hear multiple creatures.


Male Gondsman Druid 1, HP 8/3; AC 12; Init +1, Greatclub +2 [1d8+2] or Spear +2 [1d6+2/1d8+2] or Dagger +2 [1d6+2]; Spd 30ft; Str +2; Dex +1; Con +2; Int +0; Wis +1 (+2 for saves); Cha -2.

Kemek alerts Qorin to the noise, and makes as if to lie down next to Rasp, nudging the scarred fellow awake.

"Rasp! Company!" he whispers in his soft rasping voice.


attacks:
Battleaxe (+5 to hit, 1d8+3 damage Versatile 1d10) 5 Javelins (+5 to hit, 1d6+3 damage 30/120)
AC 18, hps 12 Init +2, passive perception 11
stats:
Str 17+3 Dex 10 Con 14 +2 Int 8 Wis 12 +1 Cha 14 +2
Skills & Saves:
Intimidate+4 Insight+3 Religion+1 Athletics+5 Medicine+3 Wisdom+2 Charisma+4

Qorin readies his maul, moving slowly towards the woods where Kemek heard the voices, angling a little to the left so he won't be silhouetted by the fire.

Darkvision 60'

perception: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (16) + 2 = 18

251 to 300 of 578 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Baldurs Gate-A Reimaging Gameplay Thread All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.