Baldur's Gate, Legacy of Bhaal-A Reimagining (Inactive)

Game Master Shadoven

Whether by birth, travel, or circumstances far stranger, you find yourselves at Candlekeep, summoned by the Mage and Scholar Gorion. Whether seen as a Father, a Friend, a Mentor, or even a Rival, all agree he is a wise man, whom has brought you here and asked you to gather your belonings, and prepare for an unknown, hushed journey into the darkness...


101 to 150 of 578 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>

attacks:
Battleaxe (+5 to hit, 1d8+3 damage Versatile 1d10) 5 Javelins (+5 to hit, 1d6+3 damage 30/120)
AC 18, hps 12 Init +2, passive perception 11
stats:
Str 17+3 Dex 10 Con 14 +2 Int 8 Wis 12 +1 Cha 14 +2
Skills & Saves:
Intimidate+4 Insight+3 Religion+1 Athletics+5 Medicine+3 Wisdom+2 Charisma+4

Stepping back quickly, away from the green gunk, raising the weapon to a ready position and taking a look around to see if another enemy presents itself.

Assuming they're not, Qorin lowers the weapon and winces, holding his badly bruised side. Looking at Kemek, he shakes his head.

"Have you any idea what that was?"


Male Gondsman Druid 1, HP 8/3; AC 12; Init +1, Greatclub +2 [1d8+2] or Spear +2 [1d6+2/1d8+2] or Dagger +2 [1d6+2]; Spd 30ft; Str +2; Dex +1; Con +2; Int +0; Wis +1 (+2 for saves); Cha -2.

Kemek has never seen anything like this before, nor has he seen Qorin practice his trade with such finality. He is frightened, frightened by the creature, by the violence and by the cascading elements of corollary possibilities as they wend through his cortex. He examines the slime cursorily before shaking his head.

"No idea at all I am afraid. I fear it may not be the only one."

Kemek notices Qorin's pain and shakes his head in anger at himself.

"I am sorry I have no magic to treat your injuries! Perhaps we might repair to the interior of the Keep - I think we should check on Torrin, Garrett, Rasp and Dagoliir."

I'm assuming Rasp was out being mind-rooted when the thunderclap occurred. Is there stirring elsewhere in the Keep? If it's a sunny day a thunderclap might seem out of place...


Indeed, even as you say this, you can hear shouts of puzzlement and other such stirrings. While not rare, the tell tale marks of magic are unusual enough to warrant investigation here in Candlekeep, and within a few moments you can see a Watcher approaching. Seeing the corpse, and Qorin injured, he rushes forward, and gasp at the site before him.

As you watch, the features of Corban's corpse melt and flow, reforming into a pale, sexless humanoid. The creature has no features other than two large bulging eyes, thin slits for nose and ears, and a wide, jagged mouth filled with sharp teeth.

By the Gods! Kemek, what has happened here?! Qorin I believe it is, explain yourselves!


Male Gondsman Druid 1, HP 8/3; AC 12; Init +1, Greatclub +2 [1d8+2] or Spear +2 [1d6+2/1d8+2] or Dagger +2 [1d6+2]; Spd 30ft; Str +2; Dex +1; Con +2; Int +0; Wis +1 (+2 for saves); Cha -2.

"This....thing, was Corban a few moments ago. It attacked us, and we ended it. Do YOU know what it might be? It was asking many questions about Honored Gorion."

It only occurs to Kemek after he speaks that each and every person he sees from now on may not be as they seem....


The Watcher prods the corpse with his spear, obviously still on alert.

Cannot say that I have ever seen such a creature before. Corban ya say? He was a good lad...what could have turned him into this abomination?

He looks over at Qorin.

I can tell your a tough one, but the pain in your features is unmistakable. I would recommend heading to the Temple, and speak with Senjik, the old Priest of Oghma there. He may be able to help you with that.

He raises the visor of his helm, revealing a face belonging to a human, mid 40's in age if you had to guess. Neither handsome nor ugly, it is a soldier's face, with a maze of scars to mark it. He extends a hand in greeting towards each of you.

By the way, name is Captain Hull, captain of Candlekeep's Watchers. Here, take this.

He reaches into a pouch at his side, and pulls out a pin, styled to appear as a tome with a spear lying over it.

Give this to Senjik, and he will not ask any questions or require a donation. Watcher business, if you will.

Not to pry, but if this has something to do with Gorion leaving today, I would urge you to find him. Last I saw he was waiting outside the Great Library. Is there anything else I can do for you? If not, ill summon my men and take care of the body, as well as check for any more danger to befall Candlekeep.


Male Gondsman Druid 1, HP 8/3; AC 12; Init +1, Greatclub +2 [1d8+2] or Spear +2 [1d6+2/1d8+2] or Dagger +2 [1d6+2]; Spd 30ft; Str +2; Dex +1; Con +2; Int +0; Wis +1 (+2 for saves); Cha -2.

Kemek watches as Captain Hull hands Qorin the pin, and accepts one himself.

"It is good to be seeing you again Captain!" stammers Kemek.

Kemek is torn between going with Qorin and going to see Gorion. He stands fused for a moment, the indecision evident in his synthetic features. Finally, loyalty to an older friend wins out.

"Qorin - I think you should visit Senjik, I'll go and find Gorion at the library. Does that sound correct?"


Qorin heads off towards the Temple to seek aid, bearing the symbol the Captain of the Watchers has given him.

Kemek, you head towards the large, central building of the keep. The Library is surrounded by a smaller wall, and inside is a vast park of natural gardens and flowing pools, with ample benches and other such arrangements made for the scholars to read and study in a natural environment. It is peaceful and serene, natural and at odds with the marks of civilization all around it.

As you head that way, another of your comrades can bee seen moving for the Library ahead of you. You can recognize Rasp moving that way, and in a hurry from what you can tell.

What do you do?

Rasp:
Rasp, the Rasp in the above statement to Kemek is not you.
Rasp, you are caught up in the storyline, and have just climbed down the tower. Other than some commotion towards the walls, and a few passerbys giving you an odd look, nothing seems out of place yet. What do you do?


Male Gondsman Druid 1, HP 8/3; AC 12; Init +1, Greatclub +2 [1d8+2] or Spear +2 [1d6+2/1d8+2] or Dagger +2 [1d6+2]; Spd 30ft; Str +2; Dex +1; Con +2; Int +0; Wis +1 (+2 for saves); Cha -2.

Mindful of the Corban-that-wasn't, Kemek stands in a position where Rasp will pass by him, as if cleaning something from his sleeve, seeing if the fellow says hello. If the "Rasp" does not, and thus proves not to be the real Rasp, Kemek will wait for him to pass by and then cast entangle on this Rasp-that-isn't, all the while calling for the Watch.


Male Human Rogue 2
Stats:
HP 11/11 | AC 15 | HD 2/2d6 | Init +2| Spd 30ft.| STR 9 DEX 14 CON 10 INT 12 WIS 8 CHA 5; Prof +1 |Rapier +3/1d8+2| Shortbow +3/1d6+2 {37 arrows}

For GM_Shadoven:

Rasp ran toward the meeting place, throwing caution to the wind. With every second his anxiety grew. What if he hadn't been the only target? Perhaps it had been everyone at the dinner?

He growled and somehow ran faster.

Assuming I make it to the spot, I'll do a perception.

Wisdom (Perception): 1d20 - 1 + 1 ⇒ (13) - 1 + 1 = 13


As Rasp approaches, he moves up to you Kemek.

Well met Kemek. Where are the others? I belive it is time for us to be leaving, is it not?

As Rasp says that, Kemek, make me a Wisdom Perception roll.

Real Rasp, as you come running around the corner, shouts of surprise from those around you who see you, you spy approximately 100 feet ahead of you "Rasp" and Kemek in conversation.

Everyone go ahead and roll Initiative, and tell me what you do.

Initiative: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (9) + 1 = 10


attacks:
Battleaxe (+5 to hit, 1d8+3 damage Versatile 1d10) 5 Javelins (+5 to hit, 1d6+3 damage 30/120)
AC 18, hps 12 Init +2, passive perception 11
stats:
Str 17+3 Dex 10 Con 14 +2 Int 8 Wis 12 +1 Cha 14 +2
Skills & Saves:
Intimidate+4 Insight+3 Religion+1 Athletics+5 Medicine+3 Wisdom+2 Charisma+4

Qorin made his way to the temple, confirming that Kemek should go ahead to warn Gorion of the danger afoot as soon as possible.

Not sure if I get healed at the temple, or a short rest (to heal a hit die) or what. Also, not sure if I'm at scene with Rasp(?) and Kemek.


Male Human Rogue 2
Stats:
HP 11/11 | AC 15 | HD 2/2d6 | Init +2| Spd 30ft.| STR 9 DEX 14 CON 10 INT 12 WIS 8 CHA 5; Prof +1 |Rapier +3/1d8+2| Shortbow +3/1d6+2 {37 arrows}

"Kemek! Look out! It's an impostor!

Rasp took off running full tilt.

Initiative: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (19) + 2 = 21

Will Hustle. Double speed is 60 feet per round.


Male Gondsman Druid 1, HP 8/3; AC 12; Init +1, Greatclub +2 [1d8+2] or Spear +2 [1d6+2/1d8+2] or Dagger +2 [1d6+2]; Spd 30ft; Str +2; Dex +1; Con +2; Int +0; Wis +1 (+2 for saves); Cha -2.

Wisdom/Perception: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5


For ease of play, Qorin you get healed at the temple, which is actually just across from the Library. So you are walking out as you here Rasp shout out. Please Roll Initiative as well.

Rasp you will be able to go ahead and take a turn before Isabel can act.

Kemek, roll Initiatve.


Male Human Rogue 2
Stats:
HP 11/11 | AC 15 | HD 2/2d6 | Init +2| Spd 30ft.| STR 9 DEX 14 CON 10 INT 12 WIS 8 CHA 5; Prof +1 |Rapier +3/1d8+2| Shortbow +3/1d6+2 {37 arrows}

Rasp closed in on the imposter and then stopped. A sudden shooting pain, reminded him he was still injured. He shifted his weight onto the balls of his feet, so he could dance about and avoid any attacks.

"That thing took my face, Kemek! Hit it with everything you got!"

Will close in to about 30 feet of the Not-Rasp, and then use the Dodge action.


Male Gondsman Druid 1, HP 8/3; AC 12; Init +1, Greatclub +2 [1d8+2] or Spear +2 [1d6+2/1d8+2] or Dagger +2 [1d6+2]; Spd 30ft; Str +2; Dex +1; Con +2; Int +0; Wis +1 (+2 for saves); Cha -2.

Initiative: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (13) + 1 = 14

Although fooled by Isabel-Rasp, the real Rasp's shout alerts Kemek, who was already ready to cast entangle.

Kemek cries out, calling on Lathander's aid - writhing vine-like tentacles disturb the flagstones as they wrap themselves around the doppelganger-thing.


Seeing Rasp come running up, the creature knows its mask is shattered. Turning, it lashes out at the closest target, Kemek!
Slam: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (19) + 3 = 22
1d4 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4

The Rasp Creature lands a solid blow, striking Kemek squarely and badly wounding the construct.

Rasp:

You can clearly tell from your fight earlier that these creatures are trained to inflict grievous wounds when their opponent is unsuspecting, as in the initial strike against you. Though her blow was strong, thanks to your warning Kemek was not caught off guard, and the creature did not have the advantage.

Everyone else, you are up, assuming Qorin rolls higher than a 10 for initiative.

Combat Order is-
-Rasp
-Kemek
-Qorin?
-Rasp Creature


Just to clarify what just happened. Rasp, you got to act in the Surprise Round because you knew what the creature was. Kemek failed the Wisdom Perception roll to see through its disguise, thus it got to act before you. And I am still waiting on Qorin, hence why he did not do anything. Now, however, we are on Round 1. So both Rasp and Kemek get to take a full turn before the creature.


Male Human Rogue 2
Stats:
HP 11/11 | AC 15 | HD 2/2d6 | Init +2| Spd 30ft.| STR 9 DEX 14 CON 10 INT 12 WIS 8 CHA 5; Prof +1 |Rapier +3/1d8+2| Shortbow +3/1d6+2 {37 arrows}

Rasp snarled when he saw the blow dealt to Kemek

"Hey, copycat! Can you do this?!"

Rasp executed a deft acrobatic display, flipping and tumbling in hopes to distract the monstrosity.

Dexterity (acrobatics): 1d20 + 2 + 1 + 5 ⇒ (15) + 2 + 1 + 5 = 23

I'm hoping to Hinder the Not-Rasp by distracting it. Used 10 feet of movement to fake out the imposter with the acrobatics, then darted back again. I should still be 30 feet away.


attacks:
Battleaxe (+5 to hit, 1d8+3 damage Versatile 1d10) 5 Javelins (+5 to hit, 1d6+3 damage 30/120)
AC 18, hps 12 Init +2, passive perception 11
stats:
Str 17+3 Dex 10 Con 14 +2 Int 8 Wis 12 +1 Cha 14 +2
Skills & Saves:
Intimidate+4 Insight+3 Religion+1 Athletics+5 Medicine+3 Wisdom+2 Charisma+4

Initiative: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (18) + 2 = 20

Qorin hurries out of the temple towards the Library, healed now, but concerned about the thing that attacked him, and the danger to Gorion. Rounding the corner, he sees Kemek fighting with another one of the creatures, this one disguised as Rasp.

Without hesitating, he charges into the fray.

charge:
[ooc]So what it looks like is that a charge lets him move up to half his speed and attack as an action. And he can also move, so I think this means he can move 45' and attack. If he's able to get there this round....

charge attack: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 = 6 damage: 2d6 + 3 ⇒ (3, 6) + 3 = 12


That is correct, you get to move, and then charge, which lets you move another 15 feet and attack

From out of nowhere Qorin comes charging in! Unfortunately, the creature gracefully sidesteps his powerful charge.


Male Gondsman Druid 1, HP 8/3; AC 12; Init +1, Greatclub +2 [1d8+2] or Spear +2 [1d6+2/1d8+2] or Dagger +2 [1d6+2]; Spd 30ft; Str +2; Dex +1; Con +2; Int +0; Wis +1 (+2 for saves); Cha -2.

Kemek staggers under the force of the eldritch slam. He feels his body buckle and dent, fibrous roots squashed and plates bent...

Must...constrain creature...

Kemek cries out, calling on Lathander's aid - writhing vine-like tentacles disturb the flagstones as they wrap themselves around the doppelganger-thing.


Str Saving Throw: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (19) + 1 = 20

The vines come bursting from the ground, grasping and attempting to wrap around the Rasp Creature, but through sheer brute strength it manages to burst at, and charges around the vines, to the opposite side at Kemek!

Slam Attack with Disadvantage from Hinder: 2d20 + 3 ⇒ (6, 12) + 3 = 21
Rasp's acrobatic display however throws the creature off, as he nimbly dodges around it and moves away.

-Start of Round 2-
Everyone take your turn. For ease of rules and speed of play, I will assume Kemek cast Entangle in such a way that only Rasp Creature was affected, so that now that it has moved, everyone is away from the spell.

Everyone take your turn.


Male Human Rogue 2
Stats:
HP 11/11 | AC 15 | HD 2/2d6 | Init +2| Spd 30ft.| STR 9 DEX 14 CON 10 INT 12 WIS 8 CHA 5; Prof +1 |Rapier +3/1d8+2| Shortbow +3/1d6+2 {37 arrows}

Rasp didn't think the acrobatic trick would work again. So instead he decided to do something heroic.

And sneaky.

And very, very stupid.

Rasp hid behind the vines that Kemek had conjured.

Hustle. But I will use both moves on Stealth. Hope it isn't necessary, but if I need to I plan on surprising Not-Rasp by pick-pocketing one of daggers off of him next round. Don't know if you need two stealth rolls, but just in case. If I have disadvantage, feel free to roll for me.

Dexterity (stealth): 1d20 + 2 + 1 + 5 ⇒ (8) + 2 + 1 + 5 = 16

Dexterity (stealth): 1d20 + 2 + 1 + 5 ⇒ (3) + 2 + 1 + 5 = 11


Male Gondsman Druid 1, HP 8/3; AC 12; Init +1, Greatclub +2 [1d8+2] or Spear +2 [1d6+2/1d8+2] or Dagger +2 [1d6+2]; Spd 30ft; Str +2; Dex +1; Con +2; Int +0; Wis +1 (+2 for saves); Cha -2.

Kemek reaches around for his greatclub, but quickly decides a spear might be better for piercing rubbery creatures. Gripping the spear with both hands he thrusts with all his might.

This spears for you!: 1d20 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (10) + 2 + 1 = 13
New Piercing Hurts: 1d8 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4


The Creature twist to the side, but still Kemek's spear leaves a nasty wound along its "ribs". A strange, green fluid, similar to what Kemek and Qorin saw leaking from the body of the other creature begins to flow out.

Qorin, you are up.


Qorin?


attacks:
Battleaxe (+5 to hit, 1d8+3 damage Versatile 1d10) 5 Javelins (+5 to hit, 1d6+3 damage 30/120)
AC 18, hps 12 Init +2, passive perception 11
stats:
Str 17+3 Dex 10 Con 14 +2 Int 8 Wis 12 +1 Cha 14 +2
Skills & Saves:
Intimidate+4 Insight+3 Religion+1 Athletics+5 Medicine+3 Wisdom+2 Charisma+4

Sorry ... family holiday chaos

Qorin takes another swing at the creature.

Maul: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 = 6
Damage: 2d6 + 3 ⇒ (3, 4) + 3 = 10


Your fine. Given the recent loss of the other players, just wanted to check.

The creature twist to the side, and responds with a savage kick aimed at Kemek!
1d20 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 1 = 8

But Qorin's swing throws her/it/him off, and the kick is far to the side.

-Round 3-
Start of Round, everyone is up.

In the distance, you can all hear commotion, as of armored men moving about...


Indubitably Never 3d6

Maul: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (8) + 4 = 12
Damage: 2d6 + 3 ⇒ (5, 1) + 3 = 9

Taking another swing, Qorin throws his dice out the damn window.


Well...remember in DnD Next, Monster AC's and all numbers are lower...so actually...

Qorin's swing is true, and the blow slams into the wound Kemek had already left, leaving a grievous bruise and spraying blood! The creature groans in pain, and slumbs over for a moment, nearly falling before righting itself!


Male Gondsman Druid 1, HP 8/3; AC 12; Init +1, Greatclub +2 [1d8+2] or Spear +2 [1d6+2/1d8+2] or Dagger +2 [1d6+2]; Spd 30ft; Str +2; Dex +1; Con +2; Int +0; Wis +1 (+2 for saves); Cha -2.

Kemek relishes the success of Qorin's blow, but is dismayed to see the creature right itself. He brings his spear back across his body to strike again!

This Spear's returning!: 1d20 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (12) + 2 + 1 = 15
Another New Piercing Hurts: 1d8 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5


Male Human Rogue 2
Stats:
HP 11/11 | AC 15 | HD 2/2d6 | Init +2| Spd 30ft.| STR 9 DEX 14 CON 10 INT 12 WIS 8 CHA 5; Prof +1 |Rapier +3/1d8+2| Shortbow +3/1d6+2 {37 arrows}

On the off chance, Kemek doesn't finish him off...

Rasp moved in stealthily, and deftly he tried to remove a single dagger from the imposter.

Dexterity (stealth): 1d20 + 2 + 5 ⇒ (10) + 2 + 5 = 17

Dexterity (sleight of hand): 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 2 = 10


Rasp plucks a dagger from the creature, just as Kemek steps forward, takes a deep breath, and plunges his spear straight through the creatures chest! It screams out, and falls to the ground, thrashing and writhing as its strange blood pours from the grievous wound, until moments later the creature lies still.

What do you do?


attacks:
Battleaxe (+5 to hit, 1d8+3 damage Versatile 1d10) 5 Javelins (+5 to hit, 1d6+3 damage 30/120)
AC 18, hps 12 Init +2, passive perception 11
stats:
Str 17+3 Dex 10 Con 14 +2 Int 8 Wis 12 +1 Cha 14 +2
Skills & Saves:
Intimidate+4 Insight+3 Religion+1 Athletics+5 Medicine+3 Wisdom+2 Charisma+4

"That's the second of these things we've seen," Qorin says, to no one in particular. A moment later, he looks at the library behind them.

"If they're coming after Gorion," he says, and a moment later, he is racing up the steps.


Male Gondsman Druid 1, HP 8/3; AC 12; Init +1, Greatclub +2 [1d8+2] or Spear +2 [1d6+2/1d8+2] or Dagger +2 [1d6+2]; Spd 30ft; Str +2; Dex +1; Con +2; Int +0; Wis +1 (+2 for saves); Cha -2.

Kemek watches in disgust as the second creature he has battled today writhes on the ground. He looks to Rasp, hopefully the real Rasp. Without considering the corpse and with but a curt nod to Rasp Kemek moves to follow Qorin.


Male Human Rogue 2
Stats:
HP 11/11 | AC 15 | HD 2/2d6 | Init +2| Spd 30ft.| STR 9 DEX 14 CON 10 INT 12 WIS 8 CHA 5; Prof +1 |Rapier +3/1d8+2| Shortbow +3/1d6+2 {37 arrows}

Rasp grunted his agreement, took his shortbow and quarrel of arrows off of the dead doppelganger. He stuffed the dagger into a makeshift sash of his yellow curtain cloak.

“Never thought I’d ever rob myself," he muttered.

He followed behind Qorin and Kemek, moving as quickly as he could, but taking a moment to notch an arrow.


As you all burst into the gardens surrounding the library, you are struck again by how calm and tranquil this area is, compared to the violence you just left. Almost unbidden, each of you cannot help but wonder if you will ever see peace like this again...

Running forward, you can see the main keep of Candlekeep, the building that houses the Great Library. Standing upon the steps, you can see Gorion, a book lying discarded on the ground beside him. He appears to be moving your direction, pulling strange objects from a pouch at his side as he moves. Upon noticing you though, he stops and waits, though he seems to be standing at the ready, waiting for what could come to pass. As you approach...

Well met again my friends! Danger it appears has come to us all too soon, and I feared for thy lives! Some of thee carry wounds...tell me, what has happened? I have heard the call for the guard!


Male Gondsman Druid 1, HP 8/3; AC 12; Init +1, Greatclub +2 [1d8+2] or Spear +2 [1d6+2/1d8+2] or Dagger +2 [1d6+2]; Spd 30ft; Str +2; Dex +1; Con +2; Int +0; Wis +1 (+2 for saves); Cha -2.

Kemek looks to see the discarded book lying on the ground, the strange object Gorion was reaching for at his side/in pocket and his stance of readiness.

(Do these seem like the characteristics of Gorion that Kemek knows - a discarded book, an unknown object (has Kemek seen it before, or Gorion with it) and the stance - is it apprehensive?)

Essenitally asking do I get a bonus to the check due to familiarity...

Wisdom/Perception: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 1 = 6

Damn f*(king robot!!! ;)


Male Human Rogue 2
Stats:
HP 11/11 | AC 15 | HD 2/2d6 | Init +2| Spd 30ft.| STR 9 DEX 14 CON 10 INT 12 WIS 8 CHA 5; Prof +1 |Rapier +3/1d8+2| Shortbow +3/1d6+2 {37 arrows}

Rasp stopped 30 feet shy of Gorian.

“We’re being attacked by something that can change its shape to look like any one of us. I already know that Qorin and Kemek here can be trusted, since they killed the one who changed their shape to look like me.”

Rasp’s eyes narrowed into slits.

”But can you prove who you are, Gorian?”

Wisdom (insight): 1d20 - 1 + 1 ⇒ (13) - 1 + 1 = 13


Kemek:
The book appears to be a book entitled "History of the Dead Three." If you had to guess, it would appear he was reaching into a spell component pouch, and ready to cast if need be.

Gorion seems momentarily shocked by the question, but a smirk quickly forms on his face.

Aye Rasp, even with danger around and dire wounds, thy mind is quick to come to the relevant questions. Thou are perceptive, and display a caution that shall serve us all well on our journey. Indeed, I am Gorion, Mage and Scholar. Ye may know me by my words, for they speak true, and of things thou has experienced with me. Ye were left for dead in that horrendous fire, and were taken in by thieves. Thy skill was good, and you survived, until thy hand was found in my purse. I fed you, befriended you, and we shared many a tale together. And now, I have need of ye talents, and your cunning.

Gorion stares you directly in the eyes, and slowly drops his hands and throws his pouch to the side. Leaning forward, he exposes his neck.

Ye may know me by my words, which speak truth. I am thy friend and ally, Gorion. If thy trust I still do not have, then strike now. I shall not defend myself.


Male Gondsman Druid 1, HP 8/3; AC 12; Init +1, Greatclub +2 [1d8+2] or Spear +2 [1d6+2/1d8+2] or Dagger +2 [1d6+2]; Spd 30ft; Str +2; Dex +1; Con +2; Int +0; Wis +1 (+2 for saves); Cha -2.

Kemek thinks hard, then his eyes brighten.

"Words are easy. I remain unconvinced, regardless of your show of vulnerability. The ersatz Rasp knew enough of Rasp's mind to hail me as friend though we had likely never met. I say we bind him until we devise a foolproof manner of ensuring this is Gorion. If you are Gorion you would not want us to play with our own survival... "


Male Human Rogue 2
Stats:
HP 11/11 | AC 15 | HD 2/2d6 | Init +2| Spd 30ft.| STR 9 DEX 14 CON 10 INT 12 WIS 8 CHA 5; Prof +1 |Rapier +3/1d8+2| Shortbow +3/1d6+2 {37 arrows}

Rasp lowered his shortbow.

"Be at ease, Kemek. I think Gorian was the target the entire time. The one who was disguised as Isabel wanted desperately to know about his plans. If this wasn't the real Gorian they would already have what they needed anyway, and there would be no need for a ruse."

"We need to look for survivors. But first, perhaps it's time you explained to us what this was all about?"


The tale will take time, time I fear we shall not receive. I will reveal what is happening to thee, but first we must flee this keep and find safety elsewhere! Ye have my word, when we camp for the night, I shall finally reveal the nature of the threat that confronts you. Is that enough for thee?


Male Human Rogue 2
Stats:
HP 11/11 | AC 15 | HD 2/2d6 | Init +2| Spd 30ft.| STR 9 DEX 14 CON 10 INT 12 WIS 8 CHA 5; Prof +1 |Rapier +3/1d8+2| Shortbow +3/1d6+2 {37 arrows}

"Well enough, Old Man. But we must hurry back down to that creature that stole my face. I want my gear back. I'm not going to traipse out of here wearing yellow drapes."

"It's drafty."


Aye Lad, you look much better in pants. What say ye Kemek? Do ye trust me enough to follow me into the darkness, as ye ally Rasp does? And you, Qorin? The news I bear is important to each of ye for more than just the threat that faces you.


attacks:
Battleaxe (+5 to hit, 1d8+3 damage Versatile 1d10) 5 Javelins (+5 to hit, 1d6+3 damage 30/120)
AC 18, hps 12 Init +2, passive perception 11
stats:
Str 17+3 Dex 10 Con 14 +2 Int 8 Wis 12 +1 Cha 14 +2
Skills & Saves:
Intimidate+4 Insight+3 Religion+1 Athletics+5 Medicine+3 Wisdom+2 Charisma+4

"I have fought two monstrosities today, to stop them reaching Gorion. Of course I will follow Gorion," the half-orc says, nodding. He takes a small knife from his belt and hands it to the wizard. "These creatures steal the faces of their victims, we cannot know that you are Gorion until we see the color of your blood."


Male Gondsman Druid 1, HP 8/3; AC 12; Init +1, Greatclub +2 [1d8+2] or Spear +2 [1d6+2/1d8+2] or Dagger +2 [1d6+2]; Spd 30ft; Str +2; Dex +1; Con +2; Int +0; Wis +1 (+2 for saves); Cha -2.

Kemek watches, impassive. Fear. The sheer turmoil in his calculator threatens to blur his overloaded receptors. Sorrow. He tries to calm himself. Blood. He thinks of the Gorion he knows. Pain. His mentor. Gore. His friend. Suffering.

Kemek watches as Qorin decides settling the issue with more blood is the answer. Kemek wonders if even this will be enough to calm his fears or set his core to stillness.


Gorion takes a deep breath, and then calmly runs the blade over his palm, drawing crimson blood from the wound. Arm outstretched, he shows each of you the blood.

I hope this crimson fluid will suffice?

Walking over to the corpse of "Isabel", he kneels down and examines her.

This creature is called a Doppelganger, a foul shape shifter and violator of the mind. They can read ye mind, and assume the form of those whose minds they have violated...or consumed.

He looks over at Rasp, concern evident in his eyes.

It is a mercy the creature took ye prisoner as it did, for this is not their usual wont. Doppelgangers are alien and unknown, but they almost never take prisoners, unless great resources are expended to direct them to do so.

He looks back down into the creatures featureless face.

They can be hired as mercanaries, though the price is not low, and never in coin alone. They traffic in flesh. The cost to hire so many, and to attempt to infiltrate a location such at these much have been great...only a foe of great power and resources could have managed.

As he stands, Watcher's led by Hull begin arriving, but he waves them back. They take up a safe perimeter around the area, giving you all room to talk, but still keeping an eye out.

Each of ye, with the exception of Qorin here, has suffered wounds from this aberration. Let us tend to them at yon temple, and then gather thy things. I aim to leave as soon each of ye is ready, for the longer we remain, the more danger may yet come to pass.


Male Human Rogue 2
Stats:
HP 11/11 | AC 15 | HD 2/2d6 | Init +2| Spd 30ft.| STR 9 DEX 14 CON 10 INT 12 WIS 8 CHA 5; Prof +1 |Rapier +3/1d8+2| Shortbow +3/1d6+2 {37 arrows}

Rasp methodically, and coldly stripped the doppelganger as Gorian spoke. When he had retrieved the last of his things. He followed after Gorian.

I'm going to assume we can use a Hit Die. If not, tell me and I'll take it back.

Hit Die: 1d6 ⇒ 1

You know what? I'm not even surprised.

101 to 150 of 578 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Baldurs Gate-A Reimaging Gameplay Thread All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.