All over a bit of Drift Rock

Game Master Azih

Current Track:

Xavra

Map:

Istamak Interior Maps.
Istmak

Picture:
Xavra
Tzayl


1,101 to 1,150 of 2,407 << first < prev | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | next > last >>

1 person marked this as a favorite.
N Android Mechanic 8 | HP:52/52 SP: 64/64 +tmp 10/10 | RP: 8/8 | EAC 21, KAC 23 EAC 21, KAC 24 | F: +8, R: +13, W: +6 (+2 vs disease, mind-affecting effects, poison, and sleep) | Init: +11 | Perc: +15, darkvision 12 mt. | Speed 30ft | Memory module: 1/1 | Current battery plasma: 28/40, street: 30/40 Active conditions:

For all the things Astrianna was, 'Adult' was not how Prospero-4 would have described her. Just as he was about to mention this out loud, the android finds himself webbed in some sticky matter. For the briefest of time, Prospero-4 is confused on what is happening, but that feeling resides as the exocortex takes over, having already calculated the attack came from above.

monster identify: 1d20 ⇒ 7

Judging there will be few places to hide from the flying creature, the android just overcharges his rifle and starts shooting.
Laser rifle, entangled: 1d20 + 7 - 2 ⇒ (8) + 7 - 2 = 13 Vs. EAC
Damage: 1d8 + 4 + 1d6 ⇒ (5) + 4 + (3) = 12

Is there a way to remove the entangled condition?


Leila recognizes the enemy as a Sky Fisher.

Sky fishers are aerial ambush predators notorious for casting sticky, anesthetizing filaments with which they reel in their quarry.

Astrianna knows they are unusually dangerous and intelligent predators. The automated aerial defenses on her family estates are there to drive the keep them free of these sorts of things.

Prospero could try an as Acrobatics check or attack the filaments themselves somehow perhaps.

Ralkawi will follow direction to an extent.


CN Female Half-elf Iconic Envoy 8| Sp: 18/56 | Hp 48/48 | Rp: 7/9 | EAC: 20 , KAC: 20 | Fort +4, Ref +10, Will +7 (+9 vs enchantment) | Init: +3 | Percep: +13, 12 Metron darkvision | Condition:

Automated aerial defense guns on Castrovel must be stupidly expensive considering how every one would have to come with software to differentiate between harmful species and endangered ones.

Round 1

Astrianna's eyes widen as she sees the Sky Fisher's barely visible net start to descend from the sky over Prospero. She tries to shout a warning, but instead starts choking on her brownie.

Doubling over and coughing in what she would describe as a heroic manner, the half-elf eventually recovers. Gasping from breath, she taps a few quick commands on her wrist-comm and starts recording footage via her LifeCorder system. "Sky Fisher!" She yells as the footage begins recording, her voice carrying the breathless quality of someone that had certainly been stalked by the creature for several hours and not someone that just choked on baked goods.

"Hang in there Prospero! If your limbs start to go numb, that's natural! I mean, it's unnatural because it shouldn't be happening, but it's also natural because Skyfishers are venomous! In any case it will go away once we've freed you!" She shouts encouragement to the android before dramatically pointing at the floating creature. "Open fire! Shoot it until it's dead or it flees!"

Standard Action: Use Inspiring Boost on Prospero for 11 stamina healed, healing him completely.

Move action: Get 'em on the Sky Fisher: +1 to attack for all until Astri's next turn.


N Female Human Soldier 1 / Mystic 7 | HP: 47/53 | STAM: 60/60 | EAC: 23 KAC: 25 | F:+5, R:+5, W:+11 | Init: +7 | Perc: +17, SM: +15 | Speed 6 met | Spells: 1st: 0/5 2nd: 2/4 3rd: 3/3 Resolve: 1/8 Healing Touch: 1/2 Ammo: 20/20 | Active conditions:

Round 1

Nice thing about the 9 was, it was a desert planet. The native fauna tended to be small. Lots of them were venomous, but nothing was going to absorb you whole-cloth, like this giant floating jelly looked to do to her companion. Pukking Castrovel. Cueta totally got why Astrianna left at the first chance.

Unslinging her artillery laser, Cueta wordlessly hefts it to her shoulder and aims, firing. Nothing to say, besides, she wouldn't get a word in over the tridstar's yelling anyways.

attack, get 'em vs. EAC: 1d20 + 5 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 5 + 1 = 11
fire damage: 1d10 ⇒ 8


GM screen:
1d20 + 14 + 8 ⇒ (2) + 14 + 8 = 24
1d20 + 14 ⇒ (10) + 14 = 24
1d4 + 7 ⇒ (1) + 7 = 8
1d20 + 5 ⇒ (5) + 5 = 10
1d20 + 11 ⇒ (15) + 11 = 26
1d10 + 3 ⇒ (8) + 3 = 11

Ralkwai follows Astrianna's commands and fires up at the floating monster. SHe misses just like everybody else.

Prospero-4 feels the tendrils attached to him tug at him like it's trying to lift him away. It doesn't seem to work however and the Skyfisher fires another sticky web mass at Leila.

Leila is unable to get away from the assault and is entangled just as Prospero-4 is and feels the impact in her ribs as the sticky mass slams into her with some force.

Leila takes 8 non lethal damage

Things look really bad.

And that's before the group hears the crack shot of a sniper round. The last time they heard it was just before the giant beasts stampeded them at the ancient stone bridge.

The bullet smacks the center mass of Astrianna's armor, just a few centimetrons above her belly button!

Astrinna takes 11 damage

Devourer take me! It's Salask! Ralkawi screams looking around wildly to see where the sound came from!

Round 2. Party up.

Damage Tracker
Astrianna 11 damage
Leila 8 damage Entangled ten more rounds
Prospero-4 10 damage Entangled nine more rounds


You guys are on the right side of the map right where the grass gives way to dirt. You're a move action away from the high cover in the center, and a double move action away from the low cover at the north or south (B1a is low cover and B1b is high cover)


N Female Human Soldier 1 / Mystic 7 | HP: 47/53 | STAM: 60/60 | EAC: 23 KAC: 25 | F:+5, R:+5, W:+11 | Init: +7 | Perc: +17, SM: +15 | Speed 6 met | Spells: 1st: 0/5 2nd: 2/4 3rd: 3/3 Resolve: 1/8 Healing Touch: 1/2 Ammo: 20/20 | Active conditions:

Ignoring the sniper (for now), Cueta builds the rage within her before unleashing it, more mystic motes of light flinging unerringly at the jelly. "Where's it coming from, yeah?"

shooting stars, 3 actions: 3d4 + 3 ⇒ (4, 4, 2) + 3 = 13

perception: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (4) + 11 = 15


Status:
Monster ID Modifiers:
Culture +20, Engineering +21, Life Science +20, Mysticism +16, Physical Science +20. Include Alien Archive bonus! +2 vs Items
| Sp 28/56 Hp 44/44 | Rp 8/8 | EAC 22 KAC 22 | Fort +7; Ref +13; Will +8; +4 vs Fear, +2 vs Emotion | Evasion, Uncanny Agility | Init +7 | Per +14; Trap Spotter |

Since Leila's base speed is 8, would her entangled half-speed of 4 be enough to reach the high cover?


Unfortunately no, you can't move further than 10 metrons from the skyfisher and that's how high above the skyfisher is right now.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
CN Female Half-elf Iconic Envoy 8| Sp: 18/56 | Hp 48/48 | Rp: 7/9 | EAC: 20 , KAC: 20 | Fort +4, Ref +10, Will +7 (+9 vs enchantment) | Init: +3 | Percep: +13, 12 Metron darkvision | Condition:

Btw Astri healed all of Prospero's damage last round.

Round 2

The only thing protecting Astrianna's guts from blowing out a hole in her back were the transisitors in the CPU of her armor's kinetic dampeners. Working on the nanosecond scale, they recieved a signal from the sensors surrounding her body that an object was appproaching above a lethal velocity and quickly triggered a force field that squeezed the bullet like a grasping hand, slowing its speed to a clumsy punch.

Still, that punch hurt, and the half-elf groans as she is struck, staggering backwards and putting a hand to where she was hit. Drawing it back and seeing no blood, she grits her teeth and looks in the direction of the shot. Throwing up her hand in a very rude and very ancient gesture that even Cueta would understand, she quickly sprints for cover, leaping behind a wall and drawing her signature hot pink laser pistol from its holster.

"Don't just stand there Ralkawi, get over here or they'll blow your brains out!" She yells from behind the wall, looking to see Liela get entangled now, too. "Don't you dare get eaten or I'll have to recall all those plushies I'm having made of you! I was going to surprise you with the first one off the production line!" She threatens the halfling in a strangely endearing (and profitable!) fashion.

Move Action: Move into High cover at B1b and draw laser pistol

Standard Action: Inspiring boost on Leila, healing all her stamina damage!


N Android Mechanic 8 | HP:52/52 SP: 64/64 +tmp 10/10 | RP: 8/8 | EAC 21, KAC 23 EAC 21, KAC 24 | F: +8, R: +13, W: +6 (+2 vs disease, mind-affecting effects, poison, and sleep) | Init: +11 | Perc: +15, darkvision 12 mt. | Speed 30ft | Memory module: 1/1 | Current battery plasma: 28/40, street: 30/40 Active conditions:

"We are in a disadvantageous position against the sniper, here," Prospero-4 states calmly, while he tries to figure out where the shot came from. But if the shooter has a proper, elevated position, he or she could be very far away. Best to look for cover, and deal with the Skyfisher for now.

Despite the sticky filaments slowing him down, the android starts hustling towards the cover, shooting the flying jellyfish as he moves.

Laser rifle: 1d20 + 7 - 2 ⇒ (10) + 7 - 2 = 15
damage: 1d8 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 = 8

Moving at half speed, not sure if he's going to make to the cover

He didn't pay much more attention to Ralkawi at first, Exocortex blocking most of the non-combat related information. But after a while he catches some of the words. "Who's Salask?"


Sorry Prospero, just like Leila you can move about a metron at most.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Status:
Monster ID Modifiers:
Culture +20, Engineering +21, Life Science +20, Mysticism +16, Physical Science +20. Include Alien Archive bonus! +2 vs Items
| Sp 28/56 Hp 44/44 | Rp 8/8 | EAC 22 KAC 22 | Fort +7; Ref +13; Will +8; +4 vs Fear, +2 vs Emotion | Evasion, Uncanny Agility | Init +7 | Per +14; Trap Spotter |

"AAaa-aa-AaaAaaahhh plush!" Leila cries out as she dangles around in the sticky mess. A plush! That would be so cool to see! If only this weird flying thing wasn't about to eat her...

With this new source of motivation Leila decides that she really doesn't want to be eaten today. Or any other day! She flails around a bit with her pocket computer, trying to flash the projector into whatever that passed for eyes on that darned thing!

Trick!: 1d20 + 13 + 4 ⇒ (8) + 13 + 4 = 25 To Flat-foot

Attack!: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (5) + 6 = 11

Damage?: 1d6 + 2 + 1d8 ⇒ (1) + 2 + (3) = 6

"It's the sniiiiiiiiiiiper!" Leila replies to her fellow sticky mess dangler.


GM Screen:
1d20 + 5 ⇒ (10) + 5 = 15
1d20 + 14 ⇒ (3) + 14 = 17
1d20 + 11 ⇒ (18) + 11 = 29
1d10 + 3 ⇒ (5) + 3 = 8

Prospero just made his attack with Get 'em. Don't forget your buffs!

Ralkawi scrambles after Astrianna and fires upwards, missing again. Leila's wild attack goes awry as well.

It's the crazy Shirren sniper b$%^&! the Lashunta exclaims. Completely mental!

Cueta's increasingly familiar magic and Prospero-4's attack land though causing the skyfisher to shudder in what might be pain. It's hard to tell, but the attacks are definitely leaving a mark on the pale blue aerial predator.

Still, undaunted, another web of sticky filament fires out of it's undermouth and speeds towards the last visible prey out of cover, which is Cueta. She's ready for it though and manages to dodge the gooey mass at the last second.

Then it starts to descend until it's hovering three metrons over Cueta, Prospero, and Leila. It's so huge that it blocks out the sun over them. It must be three metrons wide itself! And its tentacle, lashes back and forth menacingly, is just as long!

As this is happening the crack of the sniper is heard again. It glances off the entangled Leila's armor. It still really hurts though!

8 damage to Leila

Prospero-4 and Cueta feel the webbing attaching them to the hovering monstrosity slacken, they have about seven metrons of slack though they are still entangled.

The approach of the monster seems to trigger something in the deer's survival routine and it starts to prance away, escaping to the east.

Setup: Skyfisher looks somewhat hurt and is three metrons over Cueta, Prospero, and Leila. Astrianna and Ralkawi are in cover. The deer is 10 metrons away and keepin' on goin'. Round 3 party up.

Status:
Damage Tracker
Astrianna 11 damage
Leila 8 damage Entangled nine more rounds. Inspired Boost done.
Prospero-4 no damage Entangled eight more rounds. Inspired Boost done.
Skyfisher 21 damage.


N Female Human Soldier 1 / Mystic 7 | HP: 47/53 | STAM: 60/60 | EAC: 23 KAC: 25 | F:+5, R:+5, W:+11 | Init: +7 | Perc: +17, SM: +15 | Speed 6 met | Spells: 1st: 0/5 2nd: 2/4 3rd: 3/3 Resolve: 1/8 Healing Touch: 1/2 Ammo: 20/20 | Active conditions:

GM, by deer do you mean the robomule? Or did I miss something?

Round 3

Cueta's gotten familiar enough with her connection with the Something Out There That Likes You (SOTLY) to know that the more distracted she is, the less the strong the connection, and the less powerful the magic behaves. So, there was little choice but to stay the course and ignore the sniper. Hopefully the SOTLY would see her - and her friends - through this.

Focused on the jellyblimp like a, well a sniper, Cueta grits her teeth and lets three more bolts of starpower fly at the creature.

shooting stars, 3 actions: 3d4 + 3 ⇒ (4, 4, 1) + 3 = 12


Yup I meant the Robomule


CN Female Half-elf Iconic Envoy 8| Sp: 18/56 | Hp 48/48 | Rp: 7/9 | EAC: 20 , KAC: 20 | Fort +4, Ref +10, Will +7 (+9 vs enchantment) | Init: +3 | Percep: +13, 12 Metron darkvision | Condition:

Round 3

Now safely behind cover, Astrianna grips her pistol in two hands and leans up against the side of some crumbling masonry. "Keep shooting! Or at least move to where the sniper as to shoot through the damned thing to try and hit you!" She shouts, her laser pistol yelping a paltry but well-aimed shot.

She knows Sky Fishers are incredibly intelligent for wild beasts, but she's never tried speaking to one before. Everything else on this f#!%ing mud ball is telepathic or sentient so why not this? Is her final thought on the matter.

The half-elf starts to yell in the second langauge she ever learned, Castrovelian; the official lanagauge of the planet and native langauge of the Lashunta. It usually sounded very soothing, but when Astrianna yells it is more reminiscent of a hurricane-powered pipe organ.

Castrovelian:
"Sky Fisher! We are not easy prey. Leave or we'll kill you!"

Move action: Get 'em, +1 to attack!

Standard action: Attack sky fisher with laser pistol

pistol pew, get'em: 1d20 + 5 + 1 ⇒ (19) + 5 + 1 = 25

pistol damage: 1d4 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4


Status:
Monster ID Modifiers:
Culture +20, Engineering +21, Life Science +20, Mysticism +16, Physical Science +20. Include Alien Archive bonus! +2 vs Items
| Sp 28/56 Hp 44/44 | Rp 8/8 | EAC 22 KAC 22 | Fort +7; Ref +13; Will +8; +4 vs Fear, +2 vs Emotion | Evasion, Uncanny Agility | Init +7 | Per +14; Trap Spotter |

Leila takes this shiny opportunity to make an rocket-assisted wiggle away from the beast. Surely it wouldn't expect that! The halfling boosted away towards cover and tried to zap the skyfisher as she did.

Trick!: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (20) + 14 = 34

Attack!: 1d20 + 6 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 6 + 1 = 9

Damage? (Arc): 1d6 + 2 + 1d8 ⇒ (1) + 2 + (7) = 10

"Ralkawi! Can you try and get the mule?!"

Using Uncanny Mobility to not provoke from the sky fisher!

Now if I could only get a decent roll on both trick and attack, instead of one or the other ... :P


N Android Mechanic 8 | HP:52/52 SP: 64/64 +tmp 10/10 | RP: 8/8 | EAC 21, KAC 23 EAC 21, KAC 24 | F: +8, R: +13, W: +6 (+2 vs disease, mind-affecting effects, poison, and sleep) | Init: +11 | Perc: +15, darkvision 12 mt. | Speed 30ft | Memory module: 1/1 | Current battery plasma: 28/40, street: 30/40 Active conditions:

Prospero-4 considers for a moment some ways to escape the webbing, as being attached to the approaching skyfisher feels hazardous. But that would leave Leila still trapped with the jellyfish. And somehow, he feels it should be him and not her, standing in front of danger.

So he complies with Astrianna's plan, and keeps shooting.

Laser rifle, entangled, get'em: 1d20 + 7 - 2 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 7 - 2 + 1 = 7Vs. EAC
Damage: 1d8 + 4 + 1d6 ⇒ (7) + 4 + (3) = 14


GM Screen:

1d20 + 5 ⇒ (17) + 5 = 22
1d4 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4
1d20 + 14 ⇒ (9) + 14 = 23
1d6 + 7 ⇒ (1) + 7 = 8
1d20 + 3 ⇒ (5) + 3 = 8
1d20 + 11 ⇒ (14) + 11 = 25
1d10 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6

Ralkawi is more than happy to run away from the violence, though she does take one last shot at the Skyfisher before doing so. The blast from her scattergun actually lands on the flying being along with Astrianna's laser shot and the bolts from Ceuta's star magic.

The tears in the Skyfisher's skin deepen and translucent blue ichor starts to drip from it. Sensations of pain and hunger and determination flood back into Astrianna though. The skyfisher is determined to feed!

It follows the halfling morsel as it rockets away into the remains of the elven building. It's tentacles grip onto the crumbled walls forming a kind of bizarre billowing roof over the structure Astrainna and Leila are hiding in. Then the roof seemingly collapses with sudden speed as the Skyfisher's central mass lunges down and its undermouth snaps at Leila.

While her armor absorbs most of the damage from the skyfisher's rending teeth, some of the attack does get through. Leila doesn't feel much pain but does suddenly feel a whole lot weaker.

It also smells like a market stall worth of day old fish.

8 damage and Leila is poisoned! Her Strength is reduced.

Meanwhile outside another crack of sniper fire is heard and Prospero is grazed by a flying bullet.

6 damage to Prospero-4

By this time Cueta can tell that the sniper fire is coming from the statue. Specifically the head!

Setup: Ralkawi is running after robomule, Astrianna and Leila are in the high cover building but the skyfisher has landed on it and gone concave. It's easier to hit from inside the building but has soft cover to people outside the building. It looks more hurt than before.Round 4 party up!

Status:
Damage Tracker
Astrianna 11 damage
Leila 16 damage Entangled eight more rounds. Inspired Boost done.
Also Weakened –2 penalty to Strength-based ability checks, attack rolls, damage rolls, and skill checks and DC of special abilities decrease by 2. total carrying capacity is reduced by two-thirds (minimum 1 bulk), and gain the encumbered condition
Prospero-4 6 damage Entangled seven more rounds. Inspired Boost done.
Skyfisher 41 damage.


N Android Mechanic 8 | HP:52/52 SP: 64/64 +tmp 10/10 | RP: 8/8 | EAC 21, KAC 23 EAC 21, KAC 24 | F: +8, R: +13, W: +6 (+2 vs disease, mind-affecting effects, poison, and sleep) | Init: +11 | Perc: +15, darkvision 12 mt. | Speed 30ft | Memory module: 1/1 | Current battery plasma: 28/40, street: 30/40 Active conditions:

"Astrianna! Did you have any smoke grenades? Blocking the sniper's sight would help us greatly." Prospero-4 shouts, and points towards the statue. At the same time, he keeps moving away from the skyfisher while shooting at it.

Moving towards the statue, if that just is "away" from the skyfisher
Laser rifle: 1d20 + 7 - 2 + 1 ⇒ (12) + 7 - 2 + 1 = 18
damage: 1d8 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 4 = 7

"Are you all right, Leila? Do not let it eat you!"


That would have hit Prospero but as I said the Skyfisher is acting like a collapsed roof on the ruined building and has soft cover from the outside. Prospero-4 would see it as having become very hard to hit unless he moves closer. Would that change your movement decision?


1 person marked this as a favorite.
CN Female Half-elf Iconic Envoy 8| Sp: 18/56 | Hp 48/48 | Rp: 7/9 | EAC: 20 , KAC: 20 | Fort +4, Ref +10, Will +7 (+9 vs enchantment) | Init: +3 | Percep: +13, 12 Metron darkvision | Condition:

Round 4

Astrianna grimmaces as the primal telekinetic waves flood into her mind, and the smell of a fresh fish market floods into her nose. "Ugggh! How do these things ever sneak up on prey with that smell?!"

Leila seemed like she was getting worse for wear, and Astrianna briefly re-evalutes her decision to make plushies out of her. Wait, if she gets killed I can still have the plushies made... but cut in half with little x's on her eyes! I can sell each half at full price! Or sell the bottom half for double and make it a collector's item?!

Prospero shouts at Astrianna while she seems to be staring off into space, smiling at nothing, causing her to jump and reach for the grenades on her belt loop. "Uh, yes! I just had the exact same thought!" She lies, priming the device and tossing it between where Prospero and Cueta are standing and the statue.

Move Action: Draw smoke grenade.

Standard Action: Throw smoke grenade

throw: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (19) + 3 = 22


N Female Human Soldier 1 / Mystic 7 | HP: 47/53 | STAM: 60/60 | EAC: 23 KAC: 25 | F:+5, R:+5, W:+11 | Init: +7 | Perc: +17, SM: +15 | Speed 6 met | Spells: 1st: 0/5 2nd: 2/4 3rd: 3/3 Resolve: 1/8 Healing Touch: 1/2 Ammo: 20/20 | Active conditions:

Round 4

"The sniper's in the head, chinney?!" Cueta yelled, as she craned her own head, watching the jelly stretch across the roof.

The jelly may have been using the top of the building as an obstacle, but Cueta's star stuff seemed to not care about such things. Flexing her fists, the soldier let more magic fly at the monster, even as the smoke from Astri's grenade enveloped her.

shooting stars, 3 actions: 3d4 + 3 ⇒ (2, 4, 3) + 3 = 12


Status:
Monster ID Modifiers:
Culture +20, Engineering +21, Life Science +20, Mysticism +16, Physical Science +20. Include Alien Archive bonus! +2 vs Items
| Sp 28/56 Hp 44/44 | Rp 8/8 | EAC 22 KAC 22 | Fort +7; Ref +13; Will +8; +4 vs Fear, +2 vs Emotion | Evasion, Uncanny Agility | Init +7 | Per +14; Trap Spotter |

"Uhhh I don't feel so good ..." Leila weakly raises her left arm to flash some bright lights towards the skyfisher. She then tries to take a snap shot and wiggle somewhere where she has a bit cover above her head!

Trick?: 1d20 + 13 + 4 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 13 + 4 + 2 = 21 To flat-foot

Attack?: 1d20 + 6 - 2 ⇒ (6) + 6 - 2 = 10 Further -5 if encumbered applies

Damage?: 1d6 + 2 + 1d8 ⇒ (6) + 2 + (8) = 16


Assuming Prospero moved away. Let me know if not.

Spoiler:

Fort: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (9) + 3 = 12
1d20 + 11 ⇒ (17) + 11 = 28
1d100 ⇒ 95
1d10 + 3 ⇒ (8) + 3 = 11

Only Cueta's attack lands as Prospero's fire pings off the crumbling edifice on which the Skyfisher is perched. Leila's attack would have hit, but her failing strength means she is unable to raise her pistol high enough to hit the monster towering over them. Her mind spins with a disconcerting diziness as she feels the poison continuing to eat away at her.
Failed Con check again, now on impaired on the Strength track

Images flood Astrianna's mind of the skyfisher taking Leila away in peace and not bothering the remainder of the group and as the image come to the half-elf, the webbing around Leila tightens almost as if she is being reeled in by they flying monster. Then the tentacles of the monster tense and it leaps off the building and veers north, escaping with its prize.

Prospero-4 feels the webbing around him slacken as if the Skyfisher no longer cares for him, even as it does another bullet from the damnable sniper slams into him, even through the smoke!

Ok, Sniper got through concealment! So take 11 more damage Prospero-4.

[ooc]Setup:Astrianna in the high cover building. Skyfisher is now 6 metrons north with no cover with Leila dangling about three metrons below it. It looks VERY hurt. There is smoke providing concealment to Cueta and Prospero-4 outside. Round 5 party up!

Status:
Damage Tracker
Astrianna 11 damage
Leila 16 damage Entangled seven more rounds. Inspired Boost done.
Also IMPAIRED –4 penalty to Strength-based ability checks, attack rolls, damage rolls, and skill checks and DC of special abilities decrease by 2. total carrying capacity is reduced by two-thirds (minimum 1 bulk), and gain the overburdened condition
Prospero-4 17 damage No longer entangled. Inspired Boost done.
Skyfisher 53 damage.


N Android Mechanic 8 | HP:52/52 SP: 64/64 +tmp 10/10 | RP: 8/8 | EAC 21, KAC 23 EAC 21, KAC 24 | F: +8, R: +13, W: +6 (+2 vs disease, mind-affecting effects, poison, and sleep) | Init: +11 | Perc: +15, darkvision 12 mt. | Speed 30ft | Memory module: 1/1 | Current battery plasma: 28/40, street: 30/40 Active conditions:

"Can you cut off the webbing, Leila!?" Prospero-4 shouts after the reeled halfling.

The android takes one more shot at the jelly, and hustles closer to the statue. There must be a way inside somewhere, if the shooter is inside the head. Prospero-4 just needs to survive long enough to get there.
Laser rifle: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (8) + 7 = 15
damage: 1d8 + 4 ⇒ (8) + 4 = 12


N Female Human Soldier 1 / Mystic 7 | HP: 47/53 | STAM: 60/60 | EAC: 23 KAC: 25 | F:+5, R:+5, W:+11 | Init: +7 | Perc: +17, SM: +15 | Speed 6 met | Spells: 1st: 0/5 2nd: 2/4 3rd: 3/3 Resolve: 1/8 Healing Touch: 1/2 Ammo: 20/20 | Active conditions:

Round 5

A creature as big as the jelly makes a tempting target, even through the smoke. That it is dragging off their mechanic, makes it even more tempting a target, even snipers considered. Cueta can feel here link with her SOTLY breaking, so she pushes it as hard as she can, flinging more star-stuff at the jelly, and hopes it is enough.

shooting stars, 3 round action: 3d4 + 3 ⇒ (3, 4, 2) + 3 = 12


CN Female Half-elf Iconic Envoy 8| Sp: 18/56 | Hp 48/48 | Rp: 7/9 | EAC: 20 , KAC: 20 | Fort +4, Ref +10, Will +7 (+9 vs enchantment) | Init: +3 | Percep: +13, 12 Metron darkvision | Condition:

Round 5

Startled by the sudden and continued telepathic communication from the sky fisher, Astrianna grits her teeth and hefts her pistol.

"Don't you dare eat my friend you gelatanious sky jockey!" She yells in basic (because it would be a perfect cliffhanger when she edits all this, who cares what the sky fisher is thinking) and pulls the trigger on her pistol, firing a beam of highly energetic photons directly into its mass.

Move Action:Get 'em, +1 to attack.

Standard Action: fire laser pistol.

attack: 1d20 + 5 + 1 ⇒ (17) + 5 + 1 = 23

damage: 1d4 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4


Status:
Monster ID Modifiers:
Culture +20, Engineering +21, Life Science +20, Mysticism +16, Physical Science +20. Include Alien Archive bonus! +2 vs Items
| Sp 28/56 Hp 44/44 | Rp 8/8 | EAC 22 KAC 22 | Fort +7; Ref +13; Will +8; +4 vs Fear, +2 vs Emotion | Evasion, Uncanny Agility | Init +7 | Per +14; Trap Spotter |

Could try cutting the rope but she won't probably even hit the darn thing!

(Attack roll is still Str based and I don't think she'll manage to cut trough whatever hp pool it has)

"Aaaaahh!" The halfling didn't really mind flying - but not like this! So she desperately tries to flail her small holoprojector around and shoot the dumb thing until it put her down. Because it was going to put her down gently right ..?

Trick?: 1d20 + 13 + 4 + 2 ⇒ (16) + 13 + 4 + 2 = 35

Attack?: 1d20 + 6 + 1 - 2 ⇒ (3) + 6 + 1 - 2 = 8

Zap?: 1d6 + 2 + 1d8 ⇒ (1) + 2 + (3) = 6


GM Screen:

1d20 + 3 ⇒ (19) + 3 = 22
1d20 + 11 ⇒ (1) + 11 = 12

Star stuff and Astrinaa's laser shot both slam into the retreating Skyfisher and it seems to wobble in mid air. It broadcasts a final message of pure panic to Astrianna and begins to flee in earnest. Ceuta and Astrianna see it shed its small burden and accelerate even as it starts to ascend, trying to flee over the northern tree line.

Leila feels the webbing holding her to the Skyfisher suddenly unravel and she falls to the ground and skids to a stop about 8 metrons north of the building she had tried to take cover in. She watches the shadow of the skyfisher recede as it continues to flee north. She takes a deep breath. She still feels as weak as a newborn kitten, but at least the feeling doesn't seem to be getting worse!

Meanwhile Prospero-4 moves towards the head of the statue. The sniper seems to not expect this movement as a bullet spangs off a bit of dirt behind him as he moves. He's still 22 metrons or so away from the head.

He doesn't really see a method of entrance though now as the head doesn't have any entrances or exits and is located between six and eight metrons above the ground. There seem to be holes in the statue's face that the sniper is using an an arrow-slit.

Setup: Leila is prone 8 metrons north of the cover building Astrianna is in. Cueta is on the safe side of smoke grenade cover next to the building. They're both 26 metrons away from the center of the statue. Prospero-4 is 22 metrons away from the head of the statue and on the other side of the smoke grenade cover. Congrats Leila, you made your fort save. You're not getting worse.

Status:
Damage Tracker
Astrianna 11 damage
Leila 16 damage Inspired Boost done.
Also IMPAIRED –4 penalty to Strength-based ability checks, attack rolls, damage rolls, and skill checks and DC of special abilities decrease by 2. total carrying capacity is reduced by two-thirds (minimum 1 bulk), and gain the overburdened condition.
PRONE.
Prospero-4 17 damage Inspired Boost done.
Skyfisher 69 damage fleeing.


Status:
Monster ID Modifiers:
Culture +20, Engineering +21, Life Science +20, Mysticism +16, Physical Science +20. Include Alien Archive bonus! +2 vs Items
| Sp 28/56 Hp 44/44 | Rp 8/8 | EAC 22 KAC 22 | Fort +7; Ref +13; Will +8; +4 vs Fear, +2 vs Emotion | Evasion, Uncanny Agility | Init +7 | Per +14; Trap Spotter |

"Bleh ..." Leila wasn't happy with the situation, but at least it was better now then five seconds ago. She blinks and looks around, trying to see if there were anything she could hide behind and radios the others - "I'm okay! Okay-ish at least ..."

If there's anything that looks like it would shelter a halfling from sniper fire Leila would like to shuffle towards it. Speed is only 1 metron, so it will have to be close. At least she can Kip Up :P


N Female Human Soldier 1 / Mystic 7 | HP: 47/53 | STAM: 60/60 | EAC: 23 KAC: 25 | F:+5, R:+5, W:+11 | Init: +7 | Perc: +17, SM: +15 | Speed 6 met | Spells: 1st: 0/5 2nd: 2/4 3rd: 3/3 Resolve: 1/8 Healing Touch: 1/2 Ammo: 20/20 | Active conditions:

Round 6

Either Leila was alive or she wasn't, but at least she was on the ground. With nothing more to do, Cueta turned her attention to the sniper. Hefting her rifle, the soldier sprinted towards the head, adrenaline pushing Cueta as fast as she could run.

Bounding out of the smoke, Cueta kept her eyes firmly on the head of the statue as she ran, looking for the flash of a muzzle.

"Covering fire! Nostro need covering fire!"

Mechanics:
perception to look for the sniper: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (9) + 11 = 20

Run action, can cover 24 metrons if there is no difficult terrain and a straight line to the head. If there is no straight line and run is not a possibility, Cueta will move 6 metrons closer, utilize her starlight form ability (20% miss chance) and try to set herself up to run to under the head next round.


The head is thirty metrons away from Cueta. Sniper fire still seems to be coming from the head. The head itself is gigantic though, from chin to hairline it's 6 metrons tall. It was probably once pristine, but now there are cracks and tiny holes which seem to be allowing it to be used as a sniper nest.


N Android Mechanic 8 | HP:52/52 SP: 64/64 +tmp 10/10 | RP: 8/8 | EAC 21, KAC 23 EAC 21, KAC 24 | F: +8, R: +13, W: +6 (+2 vs disease, mind-affecting effects, poison, and sleep) | Init: +11 | Perc: +15, darkvision 12 mt. | Speed 30ft | Memory module: 1/1 | Current battery plasma: 28/40, street: 30/40 Active conditions:

Are there cover between Prospero-4’s current location and the statue? He’d like to sprint from cover to cover while approaching.


CN Female Half-elf Iconic Envoy 8| Sp: 18/56 | Hp 48/48 | Rp: 7/9 | EAC: 20 , KAC: 20 | Fort +4, Ref +10, Will +7 (+9 vs enchantment) | Init: +3 | Percep: +13, 12 Metron darkvision | Condition:

Astrianna has 2 smoke grenades left, by the way.

Round 6

Astrianna cringes as Liela flops on the ground like a paralzyed mudpuppy, but at least she was alive. "Get into cover!" She yells at the struggling halfling, as if that wasn't obvious.

Poking her head around the building she was hiding in, Astrianna seems to be listening to Cueta as she fires off a barrage of poorly aimed laser shots at the statue's head.

Unfortunately none of them come anywhere near enough to the cracks in the monolithic structure to spook the sniper.

Standard Action: Covering fire for Cueta.

covering fire: AC 15, 1 range increment away: 1d20 + 5 - 2 ⇒ (3) + 5 - 2 = 6


No, it's open ground. There's pillars about but they're not between you and the statue.


N Android Mechanic 8 | HP:52/52 SP: 64/64 +tmp 10/10 | RP: 8/8 | EAC 21, KAC 23 EAC 21, KAC 24 | F: +8, R: +13, W: +6 (+2 vs disease, mind-affecting effects, poison, and sleep) | Init: +11 | Perc: +15, darkvision 12 mt. | Speed 30ft | Memory module: 1/1 | Current battery plasma: 28/40, street: 30/40 Active conditions:

Prospero-4 joins Cueta's charge towards the statue. There's no other way - if they stay in the ruins, the sniper can slowly pick them off one by one. He just hopes he can make it through before he's dead.

Run action towards the statue. P-4 is flat-footed until his next turn.


Spoiler:

1d20 + 11 ⇒ (10) + 11 = 21
1d10 + 3 ⇒ (7) + 3 = 10
1d100 ⇒ 11

Leila crawls north into the welcoming shadow of the low walls of an ancient ruin. Given her small size it should block line of sight to anyone firing from the statue which is quite far away.

Meanwhile Prospero-4 sprints all the way to get underneath the head and is able to shelther underneath the reclining arm the head is resting on. Cueta is only six metrons behind but is exposed to the sniper's line of sight. A bullet slams hard into her shoulder.

The Skyfisher disappears above the trees north of the statue's area.

Setup: Leila is prone behind the buildings northeast of the stuate. Astrianna is in the large cover building east of the statues. Cueta is six metrons from the bottom of the head. Prospero-4 is underneath the head.

Status:
Damage Tracker
Astrianna 11 damage
Cueta 10 damage
Leila 16 damage Inspired Boost done.
Also IMPAIRED –4 penalty to Strength-based ability checks, attack rolls, damage rolls, and skill checks and DC of special abilities decrease by 2. total carrying capacity is reduced by two-thirds (minimum 1 bulk), and gain the overburdened condition.
PRONE.
Prospero-4 17 damage Inspired Boost done.


N Female Human Soldier 1 / Mystic 7 | HP: 47/53 | STAM: 60/60 | EAC: 23 KAC: 25 | F:+5, R:+5, W:+11 | Init: +7 | Perc: +17, SM: +15 | Speed 6 met | Spells: 1st: 0/5 2nd: 2/4 3rd: 3/3 Resolve: 1/8 Healing Touch: 1/2 Ammo: 20/20 | Active conditions:

Round 7

Panic rises in Cueta once the sniper's bullet slams into her shoulder. Never letting down her pace, the soldier flexes her arm as she goes, trying to assess the situation as calmly as possible.

Still attached. Moving. Bullet likely shunted off mio armor...

But ehs gonna hurt when the adrenaline stops...

Skidding to a stop under the head, Cueta looks for a way up. The sniper got up there, so...

perception: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (15) + 11 = 26

Move action to get under the head. Perception free action to look around. I'll hold off on posting a standard action, would like to weigh my options if anything makes itself apparent.


Status:
Monster ID Modifiers:
Culture +20, Engineering +21, Life Science +20, Mysticism +16, Physical Science +20. Include Alien Archive bonus! +2 vs Items
| Sp 28/56 Hp 44/44 | Rp 8/8 | EAC 22 KAC 22 | Fort +7; Ref +13; Will +8; +4 vs Fear, +2 vs Emotion | Evasion, Uncanny Agility | Init +7 | Per +14; Trap Spotter |

All right all right all right! Leila seemed to be still in one piece and behind a decently solid piece of rock. Now if she could only move her limbs at their usual speed she would consider herself to be doing pretty well. But ... No.

So what could she do instead? There might be something worth trying that didn't involve rushing towards the gigantic head.

She turned to Sammy the Pocket Computer and first connected it to the comms network. With a bit of luck, she could use the feed from Prospero and Astri to triangulate where the sniper were firing from. And then she connected it all to the scope of her own rifle. "Maybe this will even work!

Attempting to jury-rig a triangulation system out of the communications feed. The intent is to next turn ready an action to pop up and shoot back at the sniper if it continues to try and snipe us!

Computer and/or Engineering: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (8) + 13 = 21


CN Female Half-elf Iconic Envoy 8| Sp: 18/56 | Hp 48/48 | Rp: 7/9 | EAC: 20 , KAC: 20 | Fort +4, Ref +10, Will +7 (+9 vs enchantment) | Init: +3 | Percep: +13, 12 Metron darkvision | Condition:

Really wish Astri had a grenade launcher right about now. Or we had a rocket launcher.

Round 7

"I'll stay back here and watch the statue in case the sniper tries to escape or something." Astrianna says over their comms, clearly having no intention of leaving her relatively safe hiding spot.

She doesn't do nothing at least, occasionally popping out to fire a laser shot at the head of the statue, leaving black marks on its cracked facade.

Standard Action: Harrying fire to give a +2 to Leila if she takes a shot

harrying fire AC 15, 1 range increment: 1d20 + 5 - 2 ⇒ (10) + 5 - 2 = 13 Nope.


Leila's calculations and Ceuta's up close examination doesn't really reveal anything new. It seems almost certain that the sniper fire is coming from inside the head of the statue rather than underneath or on top. That must mean that there is some way inside the damn thing. But there's no way in that you could see when you beheld it in its full reclining glory from the front. You haven't circled it though so you don't know how the status is set up from the other three sides.

Leila from her spot can see that the legs of the statue part slightly as they come to a rest in the norther part of the open ground. There's a gap large enough for four halflings to walk in abreast.

Astrianna could double move from the cover of the eastern building to full cover behind a pillar if she chooses or run flat out to cover three quarters of the ground between her and the statue. Though she would be out in the open if she did that. Prospero-4 and Cueta can move normally around the statue in either direction from the head.


CN Female Half-elf Iconic Envoy 8| Sp: 18/56 | Hp 48/48 | Rp: 7/9 | EAC: 20 , KAC: 20 | Fort +4, Ref +10, Will +7 (+9 vs enchantment) | Init: +3 | Percep: +13, 12 Metron darkvision | Condition:

Round 8

As the others try to puzzle how to get into the statue, Astrianna offers a solution from a unique cultural perspective. "Try crawling up between the legs! Elves have always been kinky like that. It may even be anatomically correct and you can climb into the head through the ass-hole." She offers over their cos, though it looks like she's more than happy to offer advice from the safety of her covet while the meatshields deal with the sniper.


N Female Human Soldier 1 / Mystic 7 | HP: 47/53 | STAM: 60/60 | EAC: 23 KAC: 25 | F:+5, R:+5, W:+11 | Init: +7 | Perc: +17, SM: +15 | Speed 6 met | Spells: 1st: 0/5 2nd: 2/4 3rd: 3/3 Resolve: 1/8 Healing Touch: 1/2 Ammo: 20/20 | Active conditions:

Round 7, continued

Cueta swears, looking to Prospero-4 in frustration. "Gods dammnit, Eh can't see any way into this thing, yeah?"

The Something tickles the back of her mind, and Cueta's body lights up with starlight, casting the shadows under the head aside. Cueta's mouth drops open and she raises a hand to her face, noting it is blurred and poorly defined, so much light spills from it. Guess the link wasn't totally cut!

Turning to Prospero, warm yellow-white light spills across the space under the giant sculpture.

Cueta shrugs. "Not exactly what Eh meant, but Ay'll take it, chinney? Think there's a ladder or something on one of the sides nostro haven't seen?"

Standard action to raise starlight form. Cueta now has concealment and sheds light in a 30' radius.


Status:
Monster ID Modifiers:
Culture +20, Engineering +21, Life Science +20, Mysticism +16, Physical Science +20. Include Alien Archive bonus! +2 vs Items
| Sp 28/56 Hp 44/44 | Rp 8/8 | EAC 22 KAC 22 | Fort +7; Ref +13; Will +8; +4 vs Fear, +2 vs Emotion | Evasion, Uncanny Agility | Init +7 | Per +14; Trap Spotter |

Carefully peeking from her cover, Leila can indeed confirm that Astri's input seems valid. Uh oh She comms "Look's like there's some opening there at least! But not sure how deep ... *cough*"


Your comms should work from this distance so Cueta and Prospero-4 should hear the chatter


CN Female Half-elf Iconic Envoy 8| Sp: 18/56 | Hp 48/48 | Rp: 7/9 | EAC: 20 , KAC: 20 | Fort +4, Ref +10, Will +7 (+9 vs enchantment) | Init: +3 | Percep: +13, 12 Metron darkvision | Condition:

While peeking out from cover to check on the sniper and grab some footage of Cueta and Prospero in action, Astrianna notices that Cueta is looking a bit blurry. Translucent? "Gods, what are you doing now, Cueta? Could you not? You'll barely show up on my camera! It will be an absolute b#*@* to edit you back in later. I guess I can turn on my infrared sensors and overlay it later if you at least kill that thrice-damned shirren!" She chatters over their comms while everyone else does all the heavy lifting.


N Android Mechanic 8 | HP:52/52 SP: 64/64 +tmp 10/10 | RP: 8/8 | EAC 21, KAC 23 EAC 21, KAC 24 | F: +8, R: +13, W: +6 (+2 vs disease, mind-affecting effects, poison, and sleep) | Init: +11 | Perc: +15, darkvision 12 mt. | Speed 30ft | Memory module: 1/1 | Current battery plasma: 28/40, street: 30/40 Active conditions:

”Acknowledged! I’ll check for entry point between the statues legs.“ Somewhat anatomically lacking in the nether regions, Prospero-4 fails to find anything funny about such entrances. He is aware of female anatomy in general level, along with general principles of reproduction but any cultural nuances are all but lost to him.

Slowly and carefully, the android moves around the statue, and looks for the way inside. He keeps close to the statue, hoping to keep out the sniper’s line of sight. Once he has reached the butt of the statue, he turns around to check Cueta’s progress. ”Cueta, are you c... Oh! Are you quite all right ? Should we be concerned?“

Being so reliant on the Exocortex data-feeds, Prospero-4 hadn’t noticed the change in his ally until now. She looks strange, but somehow, he feels the luminosity isn’t harmful.

Move or double move to get where the entrance is.
Perception : 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (7) + 10 = 17


Okay I'm going to be fast forwarding three rounds as it will take six move actions to go around the statue and get to the legs. Astrianna has cover from sniper, Cueta and Prospero-4 will have partial cover as they will be hugging the side of the statue as they go. Liela has total cover and can't be attacked by sniper. Let me know if you would do anything else in rounds 8, 9, and 10. But I'm assuming Prospero-4 and Cueta are using up all their move actions to do this.

GM Mechanics:

3d20 ⇒ (13, 17, 2) = 32
1d100 ⇒ 54
1d10 + 3 ⇒ (10) + 3 = 13
1d10 + 3 ⇒ (7) + 3 = 10

Without any other target the sniper fires at Astrianna and catches the half-elf right in the throat just as she's ducking back into safety. It HURTS!

[ooc]13 damage to Astrianna

As Prospero-4 and Cueta rush north as suggested by Leila and Astrianna. They hug the statue as much as they can but draw sniper fire as they move away from the head. In fact it's Cueta's brilliant form that the sniper seems to zero in on. Two bullets speed towards her in quick succession. One hits, the other misses.

10 damage to Cueta

Rounding around the foot the two martially inclined members of the group discover that there is in fact a path between the two reclining legs of the statue.

It leads to a small set of steps leading into the statue itself. The two of them ascend to find themselves into a room containing a broad basin in the center under corroded pipes hanging down from the ceiling above. The stone walls are slick with moisture and bear carvings of tattooed elvies in states of undress as they wash themselves. The domed ceiling depicts hundreds of starts connected to form scores of constellations. There's a lot that could be learned from this room!

Prospero-4 and Cueta are in B3. Astrianna and Leila are in their original positions. Round 11 go.

Status:
Damage Tracker
Astrianna 24 damage
Cueta 20 damage
Leila 16 damage Inspired Boost done.
Also IMPAIRED –4 penalty to Strength-based ability checks, attack rolls, damage rolls, and skill checks and DC of special abilities decrease by 2. total carrying capacity is reduced by two-thirds (minimum 1 bulk), and gain the overburdened condition.
PRONE.
Prospero-4 17 damage Inspired Boost done.

1,101 to 1,150 of 2,407 << first < prev | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / All over a bit of Drift Rock All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.