All over a bit of Drift Rock

Game Master Azih

Current Track:

A way forward

Map:

Sunrise Maiden Interior Battle!

Picture:
Grey skinned outsider/invader


1,001 to 1,050 of 2,462 << first < prev | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | next > last >>

N Android Mechanic 9 | HP:58/58 SP: 72/72 +tmp 10/10 | RP: 8/8 | EAC 21, KAC 23 EAC 21, KAC 24 | F: +8, R: +13, W: +6 (+2 vs disease, mind-affecting effects, poison, and sleep) | Init: +11 | Perc: +16, darkvision 12 mt. | Speed 30ft | Memory module: 1/1 | Current battery plasma: 28/40, street: 30/40 Active conditions:

"You are truly full of suprises, Cueta!" Prospero-4 says, observing eyes wide as Cueta's magic closes much of the brutal wounds he had received. But besides the magic, also her words leave the android deep in thought.

"So are you saying that facing mortal danger together strengthens the emotional bond between individuals? A fascinating thought. I must study this further..."

Except right now, he just wishes to collapse down and get some rest. Getting almost eaten is rough business.

1RP + 10 minute rest for recover stamina

"Did you learn anything from the obelisk, Astrianna?" Prospero-4 asks, opening his eyes again, and remembering what they were doing before the attack.


Spoiler:

1d20 + 1 ⇒ (19) + 1 = 20
1d20 + 2 ⇒ (17) + 2 = 19
1d20 + 3 ⇒ (19) + 3 = 22
1d20 + 4 ⇒ (10) + 4 = 14
12d4 ⇒ (2, 3, 4, 3, 4, 3, 1, 3, 1, 1, 1, 3) = 29

Unfortunately Astrianna has no idea what the inscriptions are about. The elves have a long history and this group seems to have been a bunch of insular weirdos even by elvish standards. Which is saying quite a lot.

Finally free of carnivorous plants, screeching winged simians, and a stampede of enraged giant beasts, the group has a chance to recollect and take stock. Aside from the various bumps, bruises, and deep chunks of body ripped out by the Vracinea the group hasn't come out too badly.

A check of the robo mule does show that there are a few food rations missing. Minus 5 food rations.

It's been about two hours since they started travelling today so there is a lot more day left, though they did have to spend ten minutes recouping from the earlier excitement.

Checking their various resources the group determines that they are now going to be travelling in the jungle proper as it slopes up towards the mountains. Bisibility is going to be much reduced compared to the wide open grasslands they had been traversing.

Prospero-4 has been feeling the effects of the unreasonable heat as well.

Take 5 non lethal fire damage for the day thus far. And 24 more for the rest of the day Prospero-4 if you guys continue to travel.


N Female Human Soldier 1 / Mystic 8 | HP: 59/59 | STAM: 68/68 | EAC: 23 KAC: 25 | F:+5, R:+5, W:+12 | Init: +7 | Perc: +19, SM: +16 | Speed 6 met | Spells: 1st: 5/5 2nd: 5/5 3rd: 3/3 Resolve: 8/8 Healing Touch: 2/2 Ammo: 20/20 | Active conditions:

Cueta shrugs as Astrianna walks away, unable and not interested in offering any more clarification.

To Prospero, she simply shrugs again. "Thanks. Eh surprise mio, mostly. Anyways, tuyo look haggard, Prospero. Should rest a bit, yeah?"

One resolve point and 10 minute rest!


Status:
Monster ID Modifiers:
Culture +22, Engineering +23, Life Science +22, Mysticism +18, Physical Science +23. Include Alien Archive bonus! +2 vs Items
| Sp 72/72 Hp 56/56 | Rp 8/8 | EAC 22 KAC 22 | Fort +8; Ref +14; Will +9; +4 vs Fear, +2 vs Emotion | Evasion, Uncanny Agility | Init +7 | Per +17; Trap Spotter |

"Hmm..." The halfling flip-flopped between staring at Cueta and the obelisk. Both were intriguing! But she could really only pay attention to one at a time ... Decisions!! Maybe she could get them to stand close together? Hmm...

On one hand magic was clearly more amazing. But she could watch Cueta tomorrow. Maybe even poke her and see if more magic came out. Dragging the monolith with them might be tougher. "What if it is really really old? I mean... Why put up a giant rock about about a space ship visit unless that's something rare?"


CN Female Half-elf Iconic Envoy 9| Sp: 63/63 | Hp 54/54 | Rp: 10/10 | EAC: 20 , KAC: 20 | Fort +7, Ref +10, Will +7 (+9 vs enchantment) | Init: +3 | Percep: +14, 12 Metron darkvision | Condition:

Feeling much better after a quick rest, Astrianna shrugs at Prospero. "Nope. Elves are weird and insular, but these Elves were really weird. I've never heard of anything these runes are talking about. I mean we're lucky we can read it at all, considering the Gap erased most written words."

She is equally apathetic to Leila's musings. "Who knows? If you lived for over 700 years you'd probably be bored and crazy enough to put up a monument about anything."


1 person marked this as a favorite.

GM Mechanics:

Per: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (20) + 9 = 29
Per: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (13) + 9 = 22
Per: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (16) + 10 = 26
Per: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (14) + 11 = 25
1d4 ⇒ 2
1d20 + 9 ⇒ (16) + 9 = 25
1d20 + 3 ⇒ (14) + 3 = 17
1d6 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 = 6

Having rested and recovered, the group pushes on. They're in a truly alien environment now for everyone except for Astrianna. The dense undergrowth presses in on them while, above, the trees tower over them. Sunlight shines down as spears of light filtered through the broad leaves of the jungle canopy as they hack their way through the dense foliage gaining a multitude of tiny scratches from brambles and thorns.

Still they make good time even as the sweltering heat causes them to become sticky with sweat. As they move they come across signs of the group they're tracking as well, more benign than the sniper shot from earlier in the day. Discarded ration wrappers and recently broken branches show the passage of Dr.Solstrani and her kidnappers.

The buzz of chirping insects and bird calls forms a background humm of a jungle full of life. It's interrupted by the now supremely irritating calls of Ka-kuuu--reeee-keee that follows them. It appears the tribe of animals that had tried to goad them into the Vracinea has decided to follow them, though they keep well behind and any hostile movement from the group causes them to scamper backwards and hide in the high branches of the trees.

As they travel higher and deeper though they notice, a very large four legged beast on their trail. It's 2.5 metrons or so long and not very well camouflaged. This is a worry, as anything that has evolved to survive while not being hidden in the jungles of Castrovel is a predator the another animals are hiding from. Its hide is an amalgam of strong, earthy, hues. A large orange frill graces its back while two deep purple eye stalks protrude from either side of its head. The front of the head is a mess of writhing of green, orange, and purple striped tentacles that seem to taste the air around the beast.

It keeps its distance from them though and, much like the kakurikis, any hostile action causes it to retreat.

Near the end of the day though, right before the group decides to call a halt the beast, from a distance of about 20 metrons away, fires a strange thorny projectile that catches Cueta in the neck. It retreats right after it does so.

Take 6 damage Cueta

End of the third day. Let me know any actions you wish to take during the day or at the end of the night.

Mysterious beast


N Female Human Soldier 1 / Mystic 8 | HP: 59/59 | STAM: 68/68 | EAC: 23 KAC: 25 | F:+5, R:+5, W:+12 | Init: +7 | Perc: +19, SM: +16 | Speed 6 met | Spells: 1st: 5/5 2nd: 5/5 3rd: 3/3 Resolve: 8/8 Healing Touch: 2/2 Ammo: 20/20 | Active conditions:

Cueta's mood darkens as they hike through this blasted jungle, the soldier drenched with sweat and gritting her teeth at every Ka-kuuu-reee-keee that reins down on them.

When the beast is noticed, her mood turns to worry. "What d'tuyo think it is?"

Cueta takes the rear guard, and her doshko drawn, she spends more time walking backwards than forwards as the day presses on.

As the day darkens, a buzz flies by Cueta's ear and she winces as an intense pain shoots up her neck. Panicked, Cueta reaches up to find a thorn sticking from her.

"Da pukk is it! Don't pull it out!"

Her field training kicks in, and Cueta begins feeling around her neck, taking note for any signs of poisoning - warmth, burning, and the like.

medicine: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (12) + 4 = 16


Cueta doesn't feel anything other than the pain from the thorn. She does feel a little bit of swelling around the wound. From her experience she knows though that sometimes it takes a day or so for any longer term adverse effects to start showing up. In the absence of a medical bay to carry out comprehensive test she'll just have to keep an eye on herself.


CN Female Half-elf Iconic Envoy 9| Sp: 63/63 | Hp 54/54 | Rp: 10/10 | EAC: 20 , KAC: 20 | Fort +7, Ref +10, Will +7 (+9 vs enchantment) | Init: +3 | Percep: +14, 12 Metron darkvision | Condition:

Astrianna makes a point of throwing the nearest rock or stick at any Kakuriki that so much as enters her line of sight. She seems to take great pleasure in the fact they're scared of the group, terrorizing the awful creatures at any opportunity.

The big, weird thing following them causes her a bit more concern, but they can never seem to get into position to vaporize the four-legged riot of uncomfortable colors.

When it makes an impressive shot on Cueta's neck from 20 metrons away Astrianna is the first one on the scene, already recording footage of the swollen flesh around the woman's neck.

"It looks like a thorn! Wow. It definitely just laid some eggs in you." She states matter-of-factly, seemingly with zero concern for Cueta's current well being.

"Why did it wait until now to do it though?" She wonders, looking out into the jungle towards where the beast retreated. "It's been following us all day. Does it know we were about to make camp? Was it sentient?"

All these questions are answered with a shrug. Guess we'll have to look for a new pilot when we get back. I really don't want to go through the hassle, though. The half-elf digs through her pack, presentng Cutea with an Antitoxin Tier 1 injector. "This is all we have, maybe try it if you start sprouting leaves out of your neck or something?"


Status:
Monster ID Modifiers:
Culture +22, Engineering +23, Life Science +22, Mysticism +18, Physical Science +23. Include Alien Archive bonus! +2 vs Items
| Sp 72/72 Hp 56/56 | Rp 8/8 | EAC 22 KAC 22 | Fort +8; Ref +14; Will +9; +4 vs Fear, +2 vs Emotion | Evasion, Uncanny Agility | Init +7 | Per +17; Trap Spotter |

---Just travelling

"Ka-ka-kkkaaa!" At least the trip trough the jungle wasn't boring, not when she could yell back at the animals. Hopefully they were more open to friendly communication now! Otherwise we'll probably have to shoot them again. Bleh.

--- Spotting the Beast

"That's a weird thing." Leila notes. All those colours and tentacles! What could it ever be? Hmm. Something mentioned in the flora and fauna book perhaps?

ID roll beast: 1d20 ⇒ 20 Plus varies; doubled Operative's Edge

---Shot!

"Ow! That looks painful!" Leila helpfully points out as she bounces closer to take a look. Yep that definitely hurt. The halfling fought hard to resist her urge to poke the strange thorn and asked. "Why shouldn't we pull it out? You can hardly walk around with that stuck in your neck! Hmm. Let's see if we have some bandages and things to put on pressure with... Oh! Maybe some of that magic would help?"

---Later

"Hmm... We should let you rest Cueta. Besides, there should always be someone awake that can take an occasional look at you. So a bit longer watches for the rest of us?" The halfling talks as she goes over her equipment, making sure everything is clean and functional. Especially the guns - it felt like they might come in handy again soon enough!


Yes, okay, apparently Leila spent much of her research time reading just about the Ksarik and is now an expert on all things Ksarik.

Ksarik


Status:
Monster ID Modifiers:
Culture +22, Engineering +23, Life Science +22, Mysticism +18, Physical Science +23. Include Alien Archive bonus! +2 vs Items
| Sp 72/72 Hp 56/56 | Rp 8/8 | EAC 22 KAC 22 | Fort +8; Ref +14; Will +9; +4 vs Fear, +2 vs Emotion | Evasion, Uncanny Agility | Init +7 | Per +17; Trap Spotter |

Well it was probably among the flashier illustrations so ... :P

"So! They're called Kzarkis or something I think. I definitely remember them from the university. And I think yeah there might be something growing from you Cueta ... If, of course, your immune system doesn't kill it first! Yeah let's hope for that. It's actually quite cool - the spores of the plant (I did mention it's actually a plant right? Otherwise now you know! Where was I? Oh! Spores!) are transferred into you now. So it's sorta one step up from bacteria, a parasite. Ah a dozen or so probably! But it shouldn't really be fatal if we keep you healthy otherwise. Hopefully!"

"And if we need to fight it, well hopefully not, here's what I remember ..."


2 people marked this as a favorite.

With nothing else very possible to do as night falls, the group beds down for the night in relative comfort thanks to their high tech camping equipment.

Still it is the group's first night in the jungle; a marked change from the wind swept plains they'd been travelling through until now. Chirping insect songs surround them throughout the night; interrupted only by the swish and flap of unknown nocturnal insectivores and even then only momentarily.

It has been a hard day for all of them and most of their dreams are similarly disturbed as their minds churn through the stressful events and throw up one new experience or the other to bother their sleep.

**
Astrianna dreams of endless hoardes of kakurikis screaming through her family estates leaving them picked clean of all wealth and prestige as she watches the devastation through a vidstream. Helpless and Alone.
**
Prospero-4's dreams are haunted by gigantic organic towers sprouting leaves and tentacles in random directions. Slowly however they transform as glittering strips of digital tech stream through the insides of the towers and transform them all into glowing spires of comfortably silent living steel.
**
Cueta's dream starts mundane as she stands outside her tent until she looks down and sees her arms and legs are sprouting thorny leaves and vines. All dark green. And all rooting her into the ground. She opens her mouth to scream and feels the same writing green stuff coming out of her mouth as well until and she cannot scream and she cannot breathe until SUDDENLY the same light that visited her when she almost died and again today SHINES through the writhing plant tentacles and lift her up and up and up though the leaves and branches until she is floating above the jungle canopy. In the distant north west, at the foot of the mountains she sees a collection of pyramids shining.

She looks down to see her body is no longer polluted by invasive plant life but shines like starlight.

We looked to the stars. And to the depths between. To find ecstasy and comprehension. comes a voice in a language that Cueta does not know but understands. As do you. But remember. The Twelve Await.

**
Leila on the other hand dreams of riding a giant beast trumpeting a happy song along with a chipper talking salad and a sarcastic but friendly Kakuriki wearing sunglasses. They're all sharing a bowl of soup that has a lot of green, orange, purple tentacles in it. It's deelicious.
**


GM screen:

1d4 ⇒ 2
1d20 + 9 ⇒ (2) + 9 = 11
4d20 ⇒ (7, 1, 6, 20) = 34
6d4 ⇒ (3, 3, 2, 2, 1, 4) = 15
6d4 ⇒ (1, 1, 2, 1, 2, 1) = 8
6d4 ⇒ (1, 1, 4, 1, 4, 4) = 15
4d20 ⇒ (2, 19, 14, 19) = 54

Cueta checks herself the next morning and thankfully doesn't feel any worse than she did the day before. Just as they're packing up to resume the journey another thorn hits Cueta. This one though pings off her armor and the Ksarik can be seen loping off to the north. Chasing it seems ill advised and so the group resumes the journey.

Prospero-4's internal cooling mechanisms seem to have adjusted well to the sweltering conditions at least for the day while the rest of the group isn't as lucky. Astrianna, Leila, and Cueta take gulps of water constantly but it doesn't help as it feels like they're losing vital fluids with every step.

It doesn't help that it feels like they're walking though a particularly disgusting swamp as their sweat pools in their boots as they walk.

Astrianna and Leila take 15 fire damage, Cueta take 8

About halfway through the day Cueta and Prospero start to hear... something... through the trees.... they cautiously push closer and yes... it's the sound of someone... shouting... in a very hoarse voice. The group is too far to make out individual words but the tone does not seem altogether sane.


CN Female Half-elf Iconic Envoy 9| Sp: 63/63 | Hp 54/54 | Rp: 10/10 | EAC: 20 , KAC: 20 | Fort +7, Ref +10, Will +7 (+9 vs enchantment) | Init: +3 | Percep: +14, 12 Metron darkvision | Condition:

Astrianna triumphantly puts her hands on her hips when Leila confirms the fact that Cueta was currently being used as a Ksarik breeding ground. "See? I know what I'm talking about. You can basically assume everything in this jungle wants to make a nest out of your organs, whether or not they're still inside of you."

Part of her doesn't want to lose Cueta (because she was a good pilot, had a huge sword, and was generally entertaining), but the other part of her thought of the sweet, sweet views she could get ffrom posting a video of Ksarik parasites crawling out of the woman.

The half-elf slaps Cueta on the back before proceeding onward. "Well good luck, hope you've been getting plenty of vitamin C!"

-------------------

Astrianna wakes the next morning, highly displeased with her dreams she experienced the night before. "Leila, can you use your sniper rifle to shoot the next Kakuriki we see? Their chattering is starting to haunt my dreams now."

As they're packing up, the half-elf seems to become equally perturbed by the continued advances of the Ksarik trying to put spores in her pilot. "Oh my gods that thing is as annoying as the Kakurikis! It keeps trying to mate with Cueta! Either we need to set a trap for it and chop it into a salad, or we're going to have to put a bag over Cueta's head so it stops getting turned on every time it sees her."

---------------------

Absolutely miserable, Astrianna trduges through the jungle with a long face and biting tongue. Suddenly (and surprisingly) she stops talking as they walk, holding up her hand. The other quickly turns on her recording software, intent on capturing this tense and unknown moment.

"I hear someone. " She whispers, revealing on her keen elf senses to pick out as many details as possible. "I don't know what they're saying, but they sound crazy."

"Let's find out who it is! Quiet, shh..." Astrianna starts to carefully move forward, channeling the forest stalking abilities of her ancient elven ancestors (or something).

stealth: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (9) + 6 = 15


Status:
Monster ID Modifiers:
Culture +22, Engineering +23, Life Science +22, Mysticism +18, Physical Science +23. Include Alien Archive bonus! +2 vs Items
| Sp 72/72 Hp 56/56 | Rp 8/8 | EAC 22 KAC 22 | Fort +8; Ref +14; Will +9; +4 vs Fear, +2 vs Emotion | Evasion, Uncanny Agility | Init +7 | Per +17; Trap Spotter |

"But they're still cute!" Leila protests, but readies her rifle nevertheless. She decided to miss any Kakuriki, but if tentacle salad made a third try she'd be sure to give it a bullet!

"But yeah, I agree. We need some way to get it to back off ... Hmh maybe if we try and talk to it? Or just shoot at it. Could work!"

---

"Bleh! Who knew this place could be so *humid*? And hot ... And humid. Hot ... Bleh..." The halfling doesn't actually seem happy today. Not that sour mood was uncommon in the jungle though. She perks up a little when there's mentions of someone shouting. Either Astri had finally lost her marbles or ... Someone else was out there! Mystery! "Eh? What do you hear?"


N Female Human Soldier 1 / Mystic 8 | HP: 59/59 | STAM: 68/68 | EAC: 23 KAC: 25 | F:+5, R:+5, W:+12 | Init: +7 | Perc: +19, SM: +16 | Speed 6 met | Spells: 1st: 5/5 2nd: 5/5 3rd: 3/3 Resolve: 8/8 Healing Touch: 2/2 Ammo: 20/20 | Active conditions:

Cueta wakes with a headache, her dream clear in her memory. Cranky, what with the creature trying to impregnate her and all, the soldier doesn't bother to check and see if anyone's awake before she makes sure they're awake, banging a quickkettle as she dumps some coffee into it.

Cranky and confused, the soldier knew one thing for sure. That was no ordinary dream.

"Twelve? Anyone know what the pukk a Twelve is? An why the twelve await?"

---------------------

"GODS DAMMNIT!" Cueta yells, as another spore pings off of her armor. "TALK TO IT? THIS THING IS TRYING TO TURN MIO INTO A PLANT MOM! NOSTRO KILL IT!"

How though, seems to elude her.

"A trap?" Cueta says, calming somewhat at Astri's suggestion. "Can nostro use one of tuyo's grenades, blow it up?"

---------------------

Eh hear it too," Cueta whispers, crouching and moving alongside Astriana. "Leila, its a person, kinda crazy sounding..."

stealth: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (15) + 2 = 17


The group moves carefully towards the sound. Soon enough they break into a clearing. The break in the treeline allows the sun to shine down brightly on various large tree branches scattered about.

At the far end of it, propped up against a tree, is a Lashunta. Her eyes are closed and she's breathing heavily.

O Ceaseless Devourer. Grant me the sweet release of DEATH AND Oblivion.. F^%&*$# LET ME D... her ranting trails off into what sounds like pained coughs.

She doesn't notice the group. From a distance she looks like she's kitted out like a mercenary.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Status:
Monster ID Modifiers:
Culture +22, Engineering +23, Life Science +22, Mysticism +18, Physical Science +23. Include Alien Archive bonus! +2 vs Items
| Sp 72/72 Hp 56/56 | Rp 8/8 | EAC 22 KAC 22 | Fort +8; Ref +14; Will +9; +4 vs Fear, +2 vs Emotion | Evasion, Uncanny Agility | Init +7 | Per +17; Trap Spotter |

"Huh..." Leila squinted at Cueta. It just occurred to herself that she had never seen the magical woman count. She had just assumed. But ... Well she really couldn't judge her for that could she? Starting slowly the halfling explained. "'Twelve' is the number that is one more then 'Eleven'. And 'Eleven' is one more then the number of fingers you have. So all fingers and one toe! 'Twelve' is thus all fingers and two toes. Now all fingers and three toes is called 'Thirteen'. Following so far?"

---

"Yeah! Maybe it's lonely?" Leila suggests but she could feel the popular opinion leaning towards 'shoot'. Readying her rifle she she nods. "But we can at least try and scare it away the next time!"

---

"'Kinda'? That can't be good. Or maybe it can. Let's hope something terrible happened to the kindappers! *Uh* But not to doctor Sol!" Leila replies and follows the other quietly. It was almost amazing how someone could simultaneously be so silent and chatty. But Leila took great pride in her whisper-technique!

Stealth: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (13) + 14 = 27

"Huh... She doesn't look too well." Leila raises her rifle so she can look trough the scope. Hopefully this wouldn't be seen as too hostile. Or seen at all...

Perception: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (4) + 11 = 15


CN Female Half-elf Iconic Envoy 9| Sp: 63/63 | Hp 54/54 | Rp: 10/10 | EAC: 20 , KAC: 20 | Fort +7, Ref +10, Will +7 (+9 vs enchantment) | Init: +3 | Percep: +14, 12 Metron darkvision | Condition:

Astrianna puts up with the banging around of the quickkettle only because there's coffee going into it. And it had best come fast.

"We don't know." She replies groggily, turning over in her sleeping bag to bury her face within its confines. "You're talking about the Temple of the Twelve that was written on the obelisk, right?"

---------------------

"Yeah, no talking. It is literally trying to rape Cueta. I don't talk to rapists." Hopefully what she actually does to rapists was sucessfully implied, which was kill them.

She shrugs to Cueta's suggestion at using grenades. "I could be considered a goddess of a lot of things, but grenade throwing isn't one of them. That thing won't get closer than 20 metrons, I don't know if I could make the throw." After a brief moment of contemplation, she comments: "Maybe I should get a grenade launcher. How baddass would that be?"

She would take a -8 range penalty on the throw at 20 metrons. To be fair it's only a DC 5 to hit the square, so with her bonuses I think it would be about a 50% chance she could hit it.

The half-elf taps her belt full of explosive devices around her waist. "Besides, I only have two sticky grenades. What if there's a flying version of those things that has a machine-gun thorn shooter? That would need a sticky grenade."

-------------------

The pitiful state of Lashunta woman causes Astrianna to shake her head. "One of the mercenaries in the gang of kidnapping twerps we're following? Looks like something laid eggs in her. Also, really, the Devourer? Oblivion? She must think she's so edgy." Mocking people in obvious pain was way edgier.

Turning her head to their halfling sniper, Astrianna gestures in the suffering woman's direction. "Well you heard her. Pop her. Put her out of her misery before a bunch of baby Ksariks squirt out of her eyeballs or whatever." She mimes holding a rifle, looking down the scope, and pulling the trigger with a "pew" sound if the point wasn't clear.


Leila can't tell too much more about the state of the purple skinned Lashunta from the scope. She does see an interesting stylized scar on the woman's head though. It's a circle right at the top of her forehead, right below her buzzcut hairline and between her antennae. Through the circle slashes a spiked line, which extends up through her dark cropped hair.


Status:
Monster ID Modifiers:
Culture +22, Engineering +23, Life Science +22, Mysticism +18, Physical Science +23. Include Alien Archive bonus! +2 vs Items
| Sp 72/72 Hp 56/56 | Rp 8/8 | EAC 22 KAC 22 | Fort +8; Ref +14; Will +9; +4 vs Fear, +2 vs Emotion | Evasion, Uncanny Agility | Init +7 | Per +17; Trap Spotter |

"We can't shoot *everything* we come across can we? Besides Ksariks don't grow in eyeballs!" Leila protests. Yes she could actually understand the desire to shoot the planty beast or even the annoying kekekes but this one? Seemed harmless. If the Lashunta had a weapon, surely she'd use it on herself. "Hmm. She has some weird mark on her forehead. Almost like *uh* a brand they have in those cultist movies? Oh! Or maybe something implanted in her! Hmm. I'd say we ask her - If someone is stuffing something into foreheads in this jungle I'd rather know about it *before* I meet it! But yeah, she could still be dangerous... We have the Pulse Caster and Arc Pistol - enough to stun her?"


The group moves up cautiously towards the obviously suffering person. She stirs and one eye opens. Lord.. Tahomen? No. she tries to sit up, but falls back with a groan. Devourer end you all.. and... everything... and... me

Hurt Lashunta


N Female Human Soldier 1 / Mystic 8 | HP: 59/59 | STAM: 68/68 | EAC: 23 KAC: 25 | F:+5, R:+5, W:+12 | Init: +7 | Perc: +19, SM: +16 | Speed 6 met | Spells: 1st: 5/5 2nd: 5/5 3rd: 3/3 Resolve: 8/8 Healing Touch: 2/2 Ammo: 20/20 | Active conditions:

Cueta shrugs. "Probably the same twelve. But why then they in mio head, chinney?"

---------------

Stepping in front of Leila's sniper rifle, Cueta pushes the barrel of the gun down. "Nah, chinney. Don't pop suyo head, till nostro see the mark. Eh'll talk with her."

Drawing her curveblade, and looking about for more traps as she approaches, Cueta calls out. "Oi! Eh'll grant tuyo wish, if its what tuyo wants... after some questions. What happened tuyo, then?"


Spoiler:

per: 1d20 ⇒ 20

Astrianna Init: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4
Cueta Init: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (9) + 6 = 15
Liela Init: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (11) + 5 = 16
Prospero Init: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (16) + 7 = 23

1d20 + 1 ⇒ (18) + 1 = 19
1d20 + 9 ⇒ (13) + 9 = 22
1d6 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 = 8
1d20 + 3 ⇒ (11) + 3 = 14

The Lashunta involuntarily shies away from the blade before settling down. She gestures to her side where the remains of a thorny dart can still be seen protruding out of her armor.

A prickling on Cueta's neck makes her turn around. From the other edge of the clearing the damned Ksarik appears, it raises a foot which quivers, firing another one of the darts. This one slams into Cueta's wrist causing pain to shoot up the side of her arm. It then lumbers behind a branch still quite a distance away.

A wheezing chuckle comes from the ill lashunta. Now... you'll.. see...

Setup: Ok, you guys lost initiative, Cueta take 8 damage to go with 8 fire damage from before. The Ksarik has moved to low cover 18 metrons away from the group. There's plenty of cover to be found one move action away and pretty much in any direction. At this distance you'd have to double move to get a clear shot.

Status Tracker
Astrianna 15 damage
Cueta 18 damage
Leila 15 damage


N Android Mechanic 9 | HP:58/58 SP: 72/72 +tmp 10/10 | RP: 8/8 | EAC 21, KAC 23 EAC 21, KAC 24 | F: +8, R: +13, W: +6 (+2 vs disease, mind-affecting effects, poison, and sleep) | Init: +11 | Perc: +16, darkvision 12 mt. | Speed 30ft | Memory module: 1/1 | Current battery plasma: 28/40, street: 30/40 Active conditions:

"Keep an eye on the Lashunta!" Prospero-4 barks, although the urge for giving such command comes from the exocortex, which is already taking over much of the android's thinking.

The wounded Lashunta doesn't look to be able to cause much harm herself. But who knows what the Ksarik's thorns might make her do.

The beast disappeared somewhere, but Prospero-4 doesn't want to venture too far into the jungle in pursuit. Instead, he takes cover behind a tree, and prepares to fire should the Ksarik reappear.

Move into cover + ready action (fire is Ksarik comes closer)

Readied action:

Laser rifle: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (3) + 7 = 10
damage : 1d8 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 4 = 7


Status:
Monster ID Modifiers:
Culture +22, Engineering +23, Life Science +22, Mysticism +18, Physical Science +23. Include Alien Archive bonus! +2 vs Items
| Sp 72/72 Hp 56/56 | Rp 8/8 | EAC 22 KAC 22 | Fort +8; Ref +14; Will +9; +4 vs Fear, +2 vs Emotion | Evasion, Uncanny Agility | Init +7 | Per +17; Trap Spotter |

Leila closes to a comfortable firing range and dives behind a decent piece of cover. She takes a pot shot at the plant with her rifle and then goes prone. If she remember correctly she was now out of range of any flying acid *and* harder to hit by seed pods. (Unless of course the thing came closer. But then Prospero might get a good shot!)

Blam!: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (3) + 6 = 9 vs AC lots

Damage?: 1d10 + 4 ⇒ (7) + 4 = 11

Move to 14 metrons away, in cover. Standard to shoot. Swift to drop Prone

"Just you wait! We'll deal with Mr Salad here!" Leila cries out to encourage the Lashunta. Hopefully.


CN Female Half-elf Iconic Envoy 9| Sp: 63/63 | Hp 54/54 | Rp: 10/10 | EAC: 20 , KAC: 20 | Fort +7, Ref +10, Will +7 (+9 vs enchantment) | Init: +3 | Percep: +14, 12 Metron darkvision | Condition:

Round 1

Astrianna rolls her eyes at the dramatic lashunta. They're always this way, just big hams. "Sure, do you perfer to be dispatched by kinetic projectiles or energy weapons?" The half-elf darkly jokes while briefly wondering if Leila would keep take in a dried-out slime mold as a pet if she found one.

The apperance of the Ksarik draws a disgusted noise from deep within her throat, and she runs towards a nearby tree while drawing her pistol. "That's it! We're killing this thing NOW. I've had it!" Astrianna yells before firing off a shot at the soon-to-be composted beast.

Move Action: Move 6 metrons kind of around/towards Ksarik in an effort to get a clear short next turn, draw laser pistol.

laser pistol attack: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (11) + 5 = 16

burn damage: 1d4 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5

Don't have time at the moment to look up how cover works in starfinder, is it just a flat AC bonus or is it a percentage like pathfinder or both?

cover if needed: 1d100 ⇒ 55


N Female Human Soldier 1 / Mystic 8 | HP: 59/59 | STAM: 68/68 | EAC: 23 KAC: 25 | F:+5, R:+5, W:+12 | Init: +7 | Perc: +19, SM: +16 | Speed 6 met | Spells: 1st: 5/5 2nd: 5/5 3rd: 3/3 Resolve: 8/8 Healing Touch: 2/2 Ammo: 20/20 | Active conditions:

Round 1

Cueta scowls and runs towards the plant, gripping the curveblade tight as she goes. Nothing passes through her mind but a simmering rage and the babbling of her mysterious patron, tugging at the end of her consciousness. Suddenly, two tiny motes of light erupt from the soldier's head, and streak towards the plant, thudding into it.

Ducking into a copse of small palms, Cueta's patron tugs at the back of her mind, pleased, and Cueta knows one thing; this pukking plant is going to die today.

damage: 2d4 + 2 ⇒ (4, 4) + 2 = 10

Move towards the plant 6 metrons, cast shooting stars (magic missle), then get cover.


1d20 + 9 ⇒ (4) + 9 = 13

Leila's shot goes wild while Astrianna's pings off the plant beasts cover. Cueta's burgeoning mystical energies though curve around to slam into it.

It emerges from its cover to move towards another piece of cover, as it does Prospero's shot singes the ground next to it.

It fires another thorn at Cueta but this one goes spinning off into the trees.

Setup. The Ksarik has moved to low cover 12 metrons away from the group and 6 metrons away from Cueta. Astrianna is 9 metrons away and one move action away from negating the cover.

Status Tracker
Astrianna 15 damage
Cueta 16 damage
Leila 15 damage
Ksarik 8 damage


CN Female Half-elf Iconic Envoy 9| Sp: 63/63 | Hp 54/54 | Rp: 10/10 | EAC: 20 , KAC: 20 | Fort +7, Ref +10, Will +7 (+9 vs enchantment) | Init: +3 | Percep: +14, 12 Metron darkvision | Condition:

Round 2

"Concentrate fire on the Ksarik!" Astrianna needlessly coordinates the groups efforts before dramatically and loudly adding; "Avenge Cueta's stolen maidenhood!"

It wasn't entirely clear if she was being serious or not about Cueta's virginity, but she did seem to really want to kill the thing, and the killing intent was infectious! The half-elf springs from her cover to take up position behind a tree on the plant beast's flank.

Move action 1: Get 'em on the Ksarik, everyone recieves +1 to attack until start of next turn!

Move action 2: Keep moving into position to negate the Ksarik's cover.


N Female Human Soldier 1 / Mystic 8 | HP: 59/59 | STAM: 68/68 | EAC: 23 KAC: 25 | F:+5, R:+5, W:+12 | Init: +7 | Perc: +19, SM: +16 | Speed 6 met | Spells: 1st: 5/5 2nd: 5/5 3rd: 3/3 Resolve: 8/8 Healing Touch: 2/2 Ammo: 20/20 | Active conditions:

Maidenhood? Guess Astrianna doesn't know there's nothing to do on the 9...

If is is working, don't deviate from the plan. Staying in the copse of palms, Cueta focuses her rage and again, small motes of light shoot from her and into the plant...

staying in cover, using a full action to cast 3 missles.

magic missle shooting stars: 3d4 + 3 ⇒ (3, 4, 4) + 3 = 14


Status:
Monster ID Modifiers:
Culture +22, Engineering +23, Life Science +22, Mysticism +18, Physical Science +23. Include Alien Archive bonus! +2 vs Items
| Sp 72/72 Hp 56/56 | Rp 8/8 | EAC 22 KAC 22 | Fort +8; Ref +14; Will +9; +4 vs Fear, +2 vs Emotion | Evasion, Uncanny Agility | Init +7 | Per +17; Trap Spotter |

R2

Huh would that actually count ...? Leila ponders this new mystery as she takes aim for another try. Sadly there's quite a lot of pondering and very little aiming, so the round flies wide!

To Hit: 1d20 + 6 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 6 + 1 = 8

Damage?: 1d10 + 4 ⇒ (7) + 4 = 11

Move to reload then fire!


N Android Mechanic 9 | HP:58/58 SP: 72/72 +tmp 10/10 | RP: 8/8 | EAC 21, KAC 23 EAC 21, KAC 24 | F: +8, R: +13, W: +6 (+2 vs disease, mind-affecting effects, poison, and sleep) | Init: +11 | Perc: +16, darkvision 12 mt. | Speed 30ft | Memory module: 1/1 | Current battery plasma: 28/40, street: 30/40 Active conditions:

Trusting the beast will keep its head down during the magical barrage and sniper shots, Prospero-4 uses the opportunity to sprint forwards in hopes of eventually finding a flanking position. He stops to take cover behind a tree and make a shot at the Ksarik.

Move (and try to get behind the Ksarik), then shoot
Laser rifle: 1d20 + 7 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 7 + 1 = 14
damage: 1d8 + 4 ⇒ (8) + 4 = 12


1d20 + 12 ⇒ (10) + 12 = 22
1d6 + 9 ⇒ (6) + 9 = 15
Leila and Prospero's shots miss while Cueta's sparks of star stuff continue to hurt the Ksarik.

Apparently now committed it emerges from its branch and closes with Cueta, moving around her cover. It's face tentacles whip at the star shaman and one of them slaps her hard in the face. It feels as hard as a metal pipe despite how slimy it is.

Setup. The Ksarik is in melee with Cueta. Out of cover and one move action from everyone else.

Status Tracker
Astrianna 15 damage
Cueta Stam 28 damage HP 3 damage
Leila 15 damage
Ksarik 20 damage


1 person marked this as a favorite.
CN Female Half-elf Iconic Envoy 9| Sp: 63/63 | Hp 54/54 | Rp: 10/10 | EAC: 20 , KAC: 20 | Fort +7, Ref +10, Will +7 (+9 vs enchantment) | Init: +3 | Percep: +14, 12 Metron darkvision | Condition:

Round 3

Astrianna shows off her greatest skills, which is pointing, shouting, and insulting creatures that cannot understand her. "You're going to let that rapist kick you around, Cueta?! Kill it! This jungle just became the most gruesome episode of There Was an Alien Baby Inside Me yet!

Move action: Get 'em on the Ksarik, everyone recieves +1 to attack until start of next turn!

Standard action: Inspiring Boost on Cueta, 11 stamina restored!


Status:
Monster ID Modifiers:
Culture +22, Engineering +23, Life Science +22, Mysticism +18, Physical Science +23. Include Alien Archive bonus! +2 vs Items
| Sp 72/72 Hp 56/56 | Rp 8/8 | EAC 22 KAC 22 | Fort +8; Ref +14; Will +9; +4 vs Fear, +2 vs Emotion | Evasion, Uncanny Agility | Init +7 | Per +17; Trap Spotter |

Round 3

Oh no! Now the mean salad was slapping Cueta! This had to be stopped somehow. The halfling dropped her rifle, it was clearly not zeroes anyhow, and readied her arc pistol. Then, more carefully, she tried to line up a shot that would only electrify the plant!

To Hit (vs EAC): 1d20 + 6 + 1 ⇒ (13) + 6 + 1 = 20

Damage? (electric): 1d6 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4

Move to swap to Arc Pistol, Standard to zap!


N Female Human Soldier 1 / Mystic 8 | HP: 59/59 | STAM: 68/68 | EAC: 23 KAC: 25 | F:+5, R:+5, W:+12 | Init: +7 | Perc: +19, SM: +16 | Speed 6 met | Spells: 1st: 5/5 2nd: 5/5 3rd: 3/3 Resolve: 8/8 Healing Touch: 2/2 Ammo: 20/20 | Active conditions:

But Cueta understands Astri just fine!

Despite Astrianna's chiding, Cueta finds herself focused and energized. The tridstar was a fine motivator in her own way.

Growling, Cueta drops the curveblade and hefts free her doshko, looping it up and into the plant in one smooth motion. The plant was a big creature and easy enough to hit - but rubbery. This was a job for a hammer, not a scalpel. Cueta felt the weapon tear through the creature's skin. Er, bark. Definitely bark.

Attention briefly turned back to their captain, Cueta finds her own bark. "Stop yellin' and just shoot it, chinney!"

attack, get 'em vs KAC: 1d20 + 6 + 1 ⇒ (13) + 6 + 1 = 20
damage: 1d12 + 3 ⇒ (10) + 3 = 13


N Android Mechanic 9 | HP:58/58 SP: 72/72 +tmp 10/10 | RP: 8/8 | EAC 21, KAC 23 EAC 21, KAC 24 | F: +8, R: +13, W: +6 (+2 vs disease, mind-affecting effects, poison, and sleep) | Init: +11 | Perc: +16, darkvision 12 mt. | Speed 30ft | Memory module: 1/1 | Current battery plasma: 28/40, street: 30/40 Active conditions:

Prospero-4 feels he agrees with Cueta. Best now just to concentrate on killing the beast. There will be time later to worry about the seeds or spores or whatever.

The android tunes his title's energy capacitor slightly as fires, delivering an overcharged shot from his gun.

Laser rifle : 1d20 + 7 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 7 + 1 = 10
Damage, overcharge : 1d8 + 4 + 1d6 ⇒ (3) + 4 + (5) = 12


GM Screen:

1d20 + 12 - 4 ⇒ (6) + 12 - 4 = 14
1d20 + 12 - 4 ⇒ (12) + 12 - 4 = 20
1d6 + 9 ⇒ (2) + 9 = 11

Prospero's attacks continue to elude his target while Leila's shot finds purchase on the quadruped plant creature.

Cueta's doshko slams into the foe as they lock together in close quartes combat. Tentacles slice off and a signficant chunk of the plantflesh beneath is sliced off as a sticky white sap like substance starts to weep out of the wound.

The Ksarik rears up as if in pain but then comes back then in as a flurry of writhing tentacles attempts to knock its surprisingly sturdy prey out once and for all. Cueta avoids most of the attacks but the last one lands another hard hit that rings her head.
Ceuta takes 11 damage

Setup. The Ksarik is in melee with Cueta. Out of cover and one move action from everyone else. Both Ceuta and the Ksarik are looking pretty bad.

Status Tracker
Astrianna 15 damage
Cueta Stam 28 damage HP 14 damage. I'm pretty sure Cueta has 15 hp left and the status bar is out of date.
Leila 15 damage
Ksarik 35 damage


1 person marked this as a favorite.
CN Female Half-elf Iconic Envoy 9| Sp: 63/63 | Hp 54/54 | Rp: 10/10 | EAC: 20 , KAC: 20 | Fort +7, Ref +10, Will +7 (+9 vs enchantment) | Init: +3 | Percep: +14, 12 Metron darkvision | Condition:

Shouldn't Cueta take no hp damage? Astri restored 11 stamina to her last round, which is exactly what the Ksarik hit her for this round, thus bringing her back to 0 stamina.

Round 4

Astrianna seems slightly incensed that Cueta is trying to tell her what to do. She was the Captain, that was her job!

"I'm trying to keep you focused on killing the damn Ksarik, which is still alive if you haven't noticed!" She explains while leaning up against a tree to steady her aim. "But I guess I have to do everything myself!"

Her hot pink pistol fires a bolt of high-energy photons with a satisfying pew.

Move action: Get 'em on Ksarik, +1 to attack for all!

Standard action: Attack with laser pistol

laser pistol shot vs EAC, get'em: 1d20 + 5 + 1 ⇒ (15) + 5 + 1 = 21

damage: 1d4 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6


N Female Human Soldier 1 / Mystic 8 | HP: 59/59 | STAM: 68/68 | EAC: 23 KAC: 25 | F:+5, R:+5, W:+12 | Init: +7 | Perc: +19, SM: +16 | Speed 6 met | Spells: 1st: 5/5 2nd: 5/5 3rd: 3/3 Resolve: 8/8 Healing Touch: 2/2 Ammo: 20/20 | Active conditions:

Nope, status bar is up to date. Cueta never healed all her damage from the previous day, so she started today down on HP. Your count is pretty the same with the 11 hp of healing that Astri gave just wiped out though! I'll get a post in later today.


Hrm okay, the flavour writeup doesn't need to be retconned. But here's the updated status tracker as of the top of the round for my own benefit.

Status Tracker
Status Tracker
Astrianna 15 damage
Cueta Stam 28 damage HP 3 damage.
Leila 15 damage
Ksarik 35 damage


Status:
Monster ID Modifiers:
Culture +22, Engineering +23, Life Science +22, Mysticism +18, Physical Science +23. Include Alien Archive bonus! +2 vs Items
| Sp 72/72 Hp 56/56 | Rp 8/8 | EAC 22 KAC 22 | Fort +8; Ref +14; Will +9; +4 vs Fear, +2 vs Emotion | Evasion, Uncanny Agility | Init +7 | Per +17; Trap Spotter |

Round 4!

Leila sneaks around to the back of the beast, hoping to startle it with a surprise shot.

"Hiya!" the halfling shrieks and squeezes the trigger. *ZAP. ZAP!*

There's plenty of surprise, but not much shot. The electricity arcs over the critter and comes uncomfortably close to frying Cueta's eyebrows.

"Woops!"

Trick!: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (15) + 14 = 29

Attack!: 1d20 + 6 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 6 + 1 = 8

Damage?: 1d6 + 2 + 1d8 ⇒ (1) + 2 + (3) = 6

At least it is flat footed : )


N Female Human Soldier 1 / Mystic 8 | HP: 59/59 | STAM: 68/68 | EAC: 23 KAC: 25 | F:+5, R:+5, W:+12 | Init: +7 | Perc: +19, SM: +16 | Speed 6 met | Spells: 1st: 5/5 2nd: 5/5 3rd: 3/3 Resolve: 8/8 Healing Touch: 2/2 Ammo: 20/20 | Active conditions:

One note on the status tracker, GM: Cueta has 13 HP damage, not 3.

Panic rises in Cueta as the creature rings her bell once again, the soldier's nose breaking under the force of the plant's onslaught, a CRACK resounding through the trees. Perhaps, the thought crosses Cueta's mind, as her doshko bounces of the beast, Eh'm not so special after all.

attack, get 'em: 1d20 + 6 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 6 + 1 = 9
damage: 1d12 + 3 ⇒ (10) + 3 = 13


N Android Mechanic 9 | HP:58/58 SP: 72/72 +tmp 10/10 | RP: 8/8 | EAC 21, KAC 23 EAC 21, KAC 24 | F: +8, R: +13, W: +6 (+2 vs disease, mind-affecting effects, poison, and sleep) | Init: +11 | Perc: +16, darkvision 12 mt. | Speed 30ft | Memory module: 1/1 | Current battery plasma: 28/40, street: 30/40 Active conditions:

"Perhaps tactical retreat is in order for you, Cueta? We will cover for you."

Prospero-4 keeps his position, and keeps shooting. He feels the weapon getting uncomfortably hot, but nevertheless keeps overcharging the rifle.

Laser rifle: 1d20 + 7 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 7 + 1 = 16
Damage, overcharge: 1d8 + 4 + 1d6 ⇒ (7) + 4 + (5) = 16


Leila does... something... that the Ksarik roundly ignores, but, even as Cueta's weaker than expected riposte goes wide, it cannot ignore the twin laser shots that pound into it from two directions. Astrianna's shot causes the plant beast to flinch right into a massive bolt of pure power from Prospero-4 that goes right through the center of the Ksarik's mass. It flops over. Dead.

Combat over. @Leila, unfortunately the debilitating trick has to hit to cause the flatfooted or off target condition! Still Prospero-4 barely makes the shot and ends the combat!


Status:
Monster ID Modifiers:
Culture +22, Engineering +23, Life Science +22, Mysticism +18, Physical Science +23. Include Alien Archive bonus! +2 vs Items
| Sp 72/72 Hp 56/56 | Rp 8/8 | EAC 22 KAC 22 | Fort +8; Ref +14; Will +9; +4 vs Fear, +2 vs Emotion | Evasion, Uncanny Agility | Init +7 | Per +17; Trap Spotter |

Oh no!

Ah well at least it is dead : )

"See? *pant* That wasn't so hard!" The halfling hops forward with a big grin.


CN Female Half-elf Iconic Envoy 9| Sp: 63/63 | Hp 54/54 | Rp: 10/10 | EAC: 20 , KAC: 20 | Fort +7, Ref +10, Will +7 (+9 vs enchantment) | Init: +3 | Percep: +14, 12 Metron darkvision | Condition:

Astrianna sighs, approaching the dead beast to get a close-up in glorious 32k resolution. "Good. It won't be raping anyone ever again." She pokes it with a stick a few times for good measure, lifting up its weird tentacles, and eventually growing bored.

Returning to the hurt Lashunta and holstering her laser pistol, she stands in front of the mercenary with her hands on her hips. "Now that your baby-daddy is dead, care to answer some questions? If you say no we're leaving you here to give birth to a bunch of Ksariks and let them feed on your entails, but if you say yes we may help you." The half-elf says casually, mostly as distraction to buy time considering she hadn't actually thought of any questions yet.

intimidate: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (14) + 10 = 24


Devourer take it. I'm glad it's... dead The Lashunta manages to say. I'll answer. But.. don't know.. how long...

1,001 to 1,050 of 2,462 << first < prev | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / All over a bit of Drift Rock All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.