All over a bit of Drift Rock

Game Master Azih

Current Track:

A way forward

Map:

Sunrise Maiden Interior Battle!

Picture:
Grey skinned outsider/invader


1,051 to 1,100 of 2,462 << first < prev | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | next > last >>

CN Female Half-elf Iconic Envoy 9| Sp: 63/63 | Hp 54/54 | Rp: 10/10 | EAC: 20 , KAC: 20 | Fort +7, Ref +10, Will +7 (+9 vs enchantment) | Init: +3 | Percep: +14, 12 Metron darkvision | Condition:

"Good." She says with the same satisfaction as recieving a perfectly cooked steak at her favorite restaurant. "Were you one of the mercenaries working for Paqual? Was Professor Solani still with you and well? You mentioned a lord Tahomen... who is that?"


Status:
Monster ID Modifiers:
Culture +22, Engineering +23, Life Science +22, Mysticism +18, Physical Science +23. Include Alien Archive bonus! +2 vs Items
| Sp 72/72 Hp 56/56 | Rp 8/8 | EAC 22 KAC 22 | Fort +8; Ref +14; Will +9; +4 vs Fear, +2 vs Emotion | Evasion, Uncanny Agility | Init +7 | Per +17; Trap Spotter |

The halfling, remembering a passage about these strange critters, use her knife to slice of the tips of a few tentacles and places them in an empty water bottle. They probably wouldn't be useful - but you never knew! Besides, it was the mule that carried it anyhow.

"Let's sit down for a while. I'm exhausted!" Leila announced, even though they were already resting. She went trough the mule's pack exchanging the bottle of tentacles for one of the precious healing serums.

Then she hovered anxiously around Astri and the planted Lashunta, glancing over her shoulder at Cueta. The pilot warrior wizard something could certainly use some healing, but from what Leila understood, her situation was unlikely to deteriorate right now. (That would happen if any of the seeds had taken root! Bleh!) The Lashunta on the other side looked ready to hit the dirt at any moment. As soon as she answered even one question the halfling tried to administer the serum. "There! This will make things a little better. *Uh* Less bad at least!"


N Female Human Soldier 1 / Mystic 8 | HP: 59/59 | STAM: 68/68 | EAC: 23 KAC: 25 | F:+5, R:+5, W:+12 | Init: +7 | Perc: +19, SM: +16 | Speed 6 met | Spells: 1st: 5/5 2nd: 5/5 3rd: 3/3 Resolve: 8/8 Healing Touch: 2/2 Ammo: 20/20 | Active conditions:

Cueta slowly approached the lashunta, sword again in hand, ready to do the deed if need be. Wiping some blood and sap from her face, she knelt, and looked at the Lashunta, a mixture of fear and pity showing on Cueta's face.

"What does it feel like? When did tuyo know tuyo'd been implanted, yeah?"

Cueta realized she was sweating even more than usual.

"An' tuyo's people left tuyo behind, yeah? How many days ago did they leave tuyo to the dead book?"


N Android Mechanic 9 | HP:58/58 SP: 72/72 +tmp 10/10 | RP: 8/8 | EAC 21, KAC 23 EAC 21, KAC 24 | F: +8, R: +13, W: +6 (+2 vs disease, mind-affecting effects, poison, and sleep) | Init: +11 | Perc: +16, darkvision 12 mt. | Speed 30ft | Memory module: 1/1 | Current battery plasma: 28/40, street: 30/40 Active conditions:

"When exactly were you infected? " Prospero-4 asks the Lashunta, his voice showing merely scientific interest rather than care. "It would be useful to know how long it will take for the larvae to mature. Or saplings, perhaps? "

The android leans closer to the wounded Lashunta, to study the infection, and perhaps to find out a way to stop the process.

Medicine: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (12) + 7 = 19


A little... less than... two days ago... The Lashunta gasps out. Felt weak.. then exhausted... happened fast... always was sickly as a kid... the Lord said it was a sign of the Stareater's favour... he is the leader of our cell... don't know Paqual... the egghead prof was fine... last I saw her...

Prospero can tell that the Lashunta is advanced enough in the affliction that she is 'bedridden' and pretty much unable to move. She'll be comatose soon if not treated.

Based on what Leila knows Prospero-4 estimates that it'll take 20 minutes of work with a medkit to give the Lashunta a chance of surviving.

Lashunta obviously wasn't able to make the fort saves to fight off the disease herself so that's why she's dying. The spell remove affliction will probably work. Otherwise you could use the
Curses can be cured only by fulfilling the unique cure conditions listed in their individual stat blocks or through magic.

You could use TREAT DISEASE from the Medicine skill
You can use Medicine to treat a creature suffering from a disease. This takes 10 minutes and requires a medkit, a medical lab, or a medical bay on a Starship. Every time the diseased creature attempts a saving throw against the disease, you can attempt a Medicine check. If your result exceeds the DC of the disease, the creature receives a +4 bonus to its saving throw against the disease.


CN Female Half-elf Iconic Envoy 9| Sp: 63/63 | Hp 54/54 | Rp: 10/10 | EAC: 20 , KAC: 20 | Fort +7, Ref +10, Will +7 (+9 vs enchantment) | Init: +3 | Percep: +14, 12 Metron darkvision | Condition:

Astrianna looks at the Lashunta, checks the watch on her wrist-holo, then shrugs. "If that's all you have, then this was a waste of time."

Leila and Prospero seem to be falling over themselves to help the wounded woman who would have certainly had no problem filling them full of holes had she not been infected by the Ksarik. To this, the half-elf sighs dramatically, crosses her arms, and waits for them to finish playing doctor.

Not silently, though. "Rub her feet or whatever will make her feel better, then let's go."


Status:
Monster ID Modifiers:
Culture +22, Engineering +23, Life Science +22, Mysticism +18, Physical Science +23. Include Alien Archive bonus! +2 vs Items
| Sp 72/72 Hp 56/56 | Rp 8/8 | EAC 22 KAC 22 | Fort +8; Ref +14; Will +9; +4 vs Fear, +2 vs Emotion | Evasion, Uncanny Agility | Init +7 | Per +17; Trap Spotter |

"Well I'm not sure if that will help..." Leila sighs. Maybe it would be good for their cosmic karma though. Or at least some practice if Cueta got this ill. Infected. Whatever!

"So let's see. If I remember right, there's two things that could happen now. Either you fight off the seeds and slowly get better. Or you don't and they'll simply burrow out. That would mean you'd get better almost immediately! Unless of course you don't ..." The halfling administers the potion and then retrieves a week of (dry frozen) rations from her emergency stash.

Healing: 1d8 ⇒ 5

"But look at the bright side! You won't have to worry about it for much longer ... *sigh*. Here's some rations. They *should* last you long enough to rest and then wander out of the jungle. Best of luck; if you make it just remember that our favor was waaaay more nourishing that any lousy 'Stareater'"

That's all the foot rubbing Leila will be doing. Let's see if Prospero wants to practice some medicine : )


1 person marked this as a favorite.
N Android Mechanic 9 | HP:58/58 SP: 72/72 +tmp 10/10 | RP: 8/8 | EAC 21, KAC 23 EAC 21, KAC 24 | F: +8, R: +13, W: +6 (+2 vs disease, mind-affecting effects, poison, and sleep) | Init: +11 | Perc: +16, darkvision 12 mt. | Speed 30ft | Memory module: 1/1 | Current battery plasma: 28/40, street: 30/40 Active conditions:

"I should have some anti-fungal ointment here." Prospero-4 says, digging into his medkit. But instead, he raises up a injection needle.

"Ah no, just some injected nanite counteragents. Please be still."

Medicine, treat disease: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (10) + 7 = 17


2 people marked this as a favorite.

GM Screen:
1d20 - 2 + 4 ⇒ (17) - 2 + 4 = 19
1d20 - 2 + 4 ⇒ (17) - 2 + 4 = 19
1d10 + 10 ⇒ (7) + 10 = 17

The nanites seem to go to work immediately identifying the almost full grown seedlings the Ksarik had infected the Lashunta with and destroying them with mechanical efficiency.

The Lashunta gasps and freezes up a few minutes after the injection and manages to turn over on her side just before she starts vomiting up a chunky stream of sickly green and white globs. She seems like she wants to scream between each heave but it's always interrupted by another infected clump of plant like matter forcing itself our of her system.

Most disturbing are the writhing tentacle like worms that are in the Lashunta's expulsions. They spasm as they hit the forset floor for a few seconds before going still.

This goes on for quite a while and the sharp smell of bile mixes with the odor of rotted plant matter as the last of the Ksarik's children are expelled from the Lashunta.

Finally she flops back onto her back and takes a long shuddering breath. Her eyes crack open. I feel.. better she says finally before struggling to sit up. I.. should.. have wanted. I...

There seems to be some internal struggle before she looks up at Prospero-4 I should have wanted Oblivion. That's what I believed. But.. in the end. I didn't. Thank you


N Female Human Soldier 1 / Mystic 8 | HP: 59/59 | STAM: 68/68 | EAC: 23 KAC: 25 | F:+5, R:+5, W:+12 | Init: +7 | Perc: +19, SM: +16 | Speed 6 met | Spells: 1st: 5/5 2nd: 5/5 3rd: 3/3 Resolve: 8/8 Healing Touch: 2/2 Ammo: 20/20 | Active conditions:

The tentacle worms hit the ground and Cueta's stomach lurches. Doubling over, she expels her freeze-dried breakfast before collapsing and rolling onto her side. Laying and looking at the sky above, Cueta waits for the nausea to pass before she rolls over and begins to intently examine her own vomit for signs of any tentacle creatures, all the while ignoring the lashunta.

Medicine check on her vomit to tell Cueta if she's infected.

medicine: 1d29 + 4 ⇒ (12) + 4 = 16


Her own vomit look standard to Cueta. It's been a day since she was first hit so if she was infected yesterday then there should have been some sign of infection starting to show up today.


N Female Human Soldier 1 / Mystic 8 | HP: 59/59 | STAM: 68/68 | EAC: 23 KAC: 25 | F:+5, R:+5, W:+12 | Init: +7 | Perc: +19, SM: +16 | Speed 6 met | Spells: 1st: 5/5 2nd: 5/5 3rd: 3/3 Resolve: 8/8 Healing Touch: 2/2 Ammo: 20/20 | Active conditions:

Pulling herself to her feet, Cueta runs a sleeve over her mouth and once again pulls her curveblade.

"Welcome. Now, a choice, chinney? Tuyo want to be a hero or a villain? Villains don't get second acts, yeah?"


Status:
Monster ID Modifiers:
Culture +22, Engineering +23, Life Science +22, Mysticism +18, Physical Science +23. Include Alien Archive bonus! +2 vs Items
| Sp 72/72 Hp 56/56 | Rp 8/8 | EAC 22 KAC 22 | Fort +8; Ref +14; Will +9; +4 vs Fear, +2 vs Emotion | Evasion, Uncanny Agility | Init +7 | Per +17; Trap Spotter |

Leila grimaces and pinches her nose, refusing to join in on the pukefest. Eww-eww-EWWW! Well it was probably better then dying. Probably.

When it all is over the halfling pats Cueta and the Lashunta on the back and offers them a napkin. Not one that she planned to ever use again mind you. And some precious water - they could afford that. "There there! No-one *really* wants Oblivion. That's perfectly normal! Not even evil cult leaders - if they did why haven't they jumped into a trash compactor yet?"


CN Female Half-elf Iconic Envoy 9| Sp: 63/63 | Hp 54/54 | Rp: 10/10 | EAC: 20 , KAC: 20 | Fort +7, Ref +10, Will +7 (+9 vs enchantment) | Init: +3 | Percep: +14, 12 Metron darkvision | Condition:

Nice description, GM. I can practically smell the puke!

Astrianna's face goes through a wide range of emotions- disgusted, amazed, sickened, intrigued, sometimes all at once. "Gods.." She mutters, face having settled into a shocked and and disturbed frown.

With two people now puking, the half-elf has to hold a hand over her mouth to keep herself from losing her rations as well. "Ugh... Well, good job team. I honestly thought she was a goner." She admits in a rare moment of admiration and praise for someone other than herself.

"Why would you want Oblivion? Don't tell me you seriously worshiped The Devourer, right? Most species grow out of that phase after puberty is over." She comments, finding it absurd anyone would wish for nothingness when all sentient life contained immortal souls. Leila made an excellent argument as to why these things were always scams.

"Is that who this Lord Tahomen is? Some kind of cult leader? What does he want out here?"


He wants to throw the world into a trash compacter before he jumps in after it the Lashunta says darkly as she struggles up, wiping her mouth with Leila's napkin.

I'm a bit... weak.. but I think I'll recover and... well I don't want to die so I guess I'm a hero now. she says to Ceuta.

She scratches her head. Look I was a part of a totally evil bunch, I admit it. Made some bad choices, lost my friends, got disowned by my family etcetera. They were the only ones who'd take me in when I was at the bottom . Didn't know they were a cell of Devourer cultists at the start and by the time I did she shrugs I was in it to my neck and it was easier just to go with the flow

I think we were all surprised when a few days ago Tahonmen showed up and commandeered us. We're not exactly allowed to question anyone who has a deeper connection to the Devourer sos all I can tell you is that we kidnapped the egghead and Tahomen was forcing her to lead us to some temple or something. Most of the people with him are like me but he's got a crazy machine gun Lashunta and a Shirren sniper with him. And he's a... powerful... spellcaster.

Cueta:
All this talk of the Devourer is causing you a real bad itch in the center of your brain. It's like the opposite of the feeling you get when you do your... magic stuff


N Android Mechanic 9 | HP:58/58 SP: 72/72 +tmp 10/10 | RP: 8/8 | EAC 21, KAC 23 EAC 21, KAC 24 | F: +8, R: +13, W: +6 (+2 vs disease, mind-affecting effects, poison, and sleep) | Init: +11 | Perc: +16, darkvision 12 mt. | Speed 30ft | Memory module: 1/1 | Current battery plasma: 28/40, street: 30/40 Active conditions:

"I suggest using better judgement when choosing who you run with. " Prospero-4 notes, while packing up his medical gear. "I'll give you a high probability for surviving the Ksarik infection. "

He then gives a moment to think the Lashunta's tale. He has not paid much attention to religions so far, but perhaps this Devourer cult is worth of looking into. Astri seems to be familiar, at least.

"Do you have any idea why Tahomen is looking for this temple? It seems to be quite important for him if he went through the trouble of kidnapping."

At the same time the android taps a message to his team's comms: What will we do with her? Leave her, and let her try to return on her own?


CN Female Half-elf Iconic Envoy 9| Sp: 63/63 | Hp 54/54 | Rp: 10/10 | EAC: 20 , KAC: 20 | Fort +7, Ref +10, Will +7 (+9 vs enchantment) | Init: +3 | Percep: +14, 12 Metron darkvision | Condition:

"Uh-huh, uh-huh." Astrianna says with all the congeniality of a Veskian artillery laser. "Classic cult kidnapping. Down on your luck, they offer you assistance with seemingly no strings attached, and then suddenly you've shaved your head into a religious altar and are trying to bring about the end of existance as we know it."

The half-elf shrugs, unaffected by the story but appreciative of the information they were provided. "Machine gun Lashunta and Shirren snip... wait..." Her slightly almond shaped eyes narrow, thinking back to the previous day. "That must have been the one that shot those trumpet beasts and caused them to stampede on us. Yeah, that one is dead as soon as I see them."

Astrianna had certainly got a lot more murder-y lately... all the attention and victories must must be going straight to her head.

Prospero's question was a logical conclusion, and she instead focuses on his question. She types back on her holo-pad [i]Yeah, she'd just slow us down, I'm sure she can make it back if we give her some food. Oh, wait. The bridge collapsed behind us. Well, she doesn't need to know that, right?"[/b]


1 person marked this as a favorite.
N Female Human Soldier 1 / Mystic 8 | HP: 59/59 | STAM: 68/68 | EAC: 23 KAC: 25 | F:+5, R:+5, W:+12 | Init: +7 | Perc: +19, SM: +16 | Speed 6 met | Spells: 1st: 5/5 2nd: 5/5 3rd: 3/3 Resolve: 8/8 Healing Touch: 2/2 Ammo: 20/20 | Active conditions:

Cueta grabs her head and rubs - hard - on her scalp, her fists balled.

"Aaarrrggghhhh. Mio brain... itches. Its like sandmites inside the head, yeah?"

The sensation passes, mostly, but Cueta's in no better mood. She's been stampeded, plant-raped, and in this jungle, is pretty much all the time sticky, smelly, and itchy on the outside. Now the inside too? Left out of the conversation, as she doesn't have a com-unit, the soldier follows up with her line of questioning.

"Good. Whats'uyo intention then?"


The Lashunta looks nervous. Look I don't want to die and wandering around Ukulum alone is a great way of doing that so.. she takes a deep breath as she makes the request. I can fight and I'll help you guys if you let me come with you. I know I don't deserve it but she shrugs If you guys can take out a Ksarik then you won't have a problem killing me if I turn on you.


N Female Human Soldier 1 / Mystic 8 | HP: 59/59 | STAM: 68/68 | EAC: 23 KAC: 25 | F:+5, R:+5, W:+12 | Init: +7 | Perc: +19, SM: +16 | Speed 6 met | Spells: 1st: 5/5 2nd: 5/5 3rd: 3/3 Resolve: 8/8 Healing Touch: 2/2 Ammo: 20/20 | Active conditions:

Shrugging, Cueta sits and meditates on her mind-scabies, leaving the lashunta's fate to the others. She did have one final question for the woman, however:

"Whats'uyo name, anyways?"

"And are nostro moving on or staying here today?"

Spending a resolve point to recover stamina.


Status:
Monster ID Modifiers:
Culture +22, Engineering +23, Life Science +22, Mysticism +18, Physical Science +23. Include Alien Archive bonus! +2 vs Items
| Sp 72/72 Hp 56/56 | Rp 8/8 | EAC 22 KAC 22 | Fort +8; Ref +14; Will +9; +4 vs Fear, +2 vs Emotion | Evasion, Uncanny Agility | Init +7 | Per +17; Trap Spotter |

She has a point. Being alone here doesn't seem healthy. And weren't you looking for more fans Astri? Leila comms. Though the elf had a good point - several in fact. Could they trust this now ex-cultist? And could they afford to have someone slow them down...? Hmm. Hmmm... The halfling knew she was a bit of a bleeding heart, but she didn't really feel comfortable leaving someone begging to stay behind. Even if they had this weird world-ender tattoo on their forehead. Maybe we could let her ride on the mule? That way she won't slow us down!

There were also another matter that they needed to address. And quickly! Leila continues patting the lashunta on her back reassuringly and glances at Prospero and Cueta. "Maybe we should take a closer look on your head? Just in case there's any spores there! Now *that* would suck!"


Ralkawi, my name's Ralkawi, and to answer your question, android, The Lord, didn't tell us anything other than the temple held something that would please the Devourer Ralkawi says And yeah I don't want anymore of those spores anywhere near me.


Status:
Monster ID Modifiers:
Culture +22, Engineering +23, Life Science +22, Mysticism +18, Physical Science +23. Include Alien Archive bonus! +2 vs Items
| Sp 72/72 Hp 56/56 | Rp 8/8 | EAC 22 KAC 22 | Fort +8; Ref +14; Will +9; +4 vs Fear, +2 vs Emotion | Evasion, Uncanny Agility | Init +7 | Per +17; Trap Spotter |

"Nice - well sorta - to meet you Ralkawi! I'm Leila." the halfing introduces herself.


N Female Human Soldier 1 / Mystic 8 | HP: 59/59 | STAM: 68/68 | EAC: 23 KAC: 25 | F:+5, R:+5, W:+12 | Init: +7 | Perc: +19, SM: +16 | Speed 6 met | Spells: 1st: 5/5 2nd: 5/5 3rd: 3/3 Resolve: 8/8 Healing Touch: 2/2 Ammo: 20/20 | Active conditions:

At the mention of the Devourer, Cueta's mind begins to itch again. Grimacing, the soldier shakes her head. "No, Leila, its not the plant. Its The Devourer, chinney?"

"And Eh'm Cueta," she continues, giving the soldier the once over. "Tuyo well enough to walk? Can't be slowing nostro down then, yeah--"

Her next question practically runs into the last one, Cueta's mind switching gears before her last words are spoken. "--And what'uyo former boss and friends got in terms of things besides weapons? Power? Transportation? They got a map or anything like that?"


They had all of the egghead's notes and her help so we were moving pretty fast. She didn't seem happy about how she was getting there but she seemed excited to get to it if you know what I mean. Ralkawi says Those Professor types are weird.


CN Female Half-elf Iconic Envoy 9| Sp: 63/63 | Hp 54/54 | Rp: 10/10 | EAC: 20 , KAC: 20 | Fort +7, Ref +10, Will +7 (+9 vs enchantment) | Init: +3 | Percep: +14, 12 Metron darkvision | Condition:

Astrianna thinks for a few moments and types back to Leila: Okay, that will work, put her on the mule. We have enough food for another person, but if we do this you can't take back any pets!

THe half-elf sighs dramatically, secretly frustrated that Ralkawi was being the center of attention. "Well if it pleases the Devourer then it's probably not good for anyone that wants to continue existing. Don't worry, we'll find it before they do. Tahomen will get his wish to cease existing after we're done with him."

Going to use an RP to recover stamina as well. Can't update my character sheet on my phone though.


2 people marked this as a favorite.
Status:
Monster ID Modifiers:
Culture +22, Engineering +23, Life Science +22, Mysticism +18, Physical Science +23. Include Alien Archive bonus! +2 vs Items
| Sp 72/72 Hp 56/56 | Rp 8/8 | EAC 22 KAC 22 | Fort +8; Ref +14; Will +9; +4 vs Fear, +2 vs Emotion | Evasion, Uncanny Agility | Init +7 | Per +17; Trap Spotter |

"End of the world *and* headaches? Now that's just excessive." The devourer and his cultists were just as evil as the Saturday morning series had taught her! Still though - headache from just the name? That seemed a bit weird. But it gave the halfling an idea ... What if it could be reversed? "Hmm. If we yell the names of the good divines, do you think we could induce headaches into the cultists? And not *just* because it would be loud noises... I mean it would only be fair if that worked!"

She briefly considered testing it on their new companion, but that seemed a bit mean. The lashunta had been trough a lot. And besides she suspected that it wouldn't work. Ralkawi had already renounced her beliefs plus it probably had something to do with that weird magic anyhow. Ah well!

All right! Leila commed absent minded as her mind pondered the other things. Saving someone (that hopefully wouldn't bite them in the back!) seemed more important then some pet. Besides, it would be easier to alter the bargain when the time came rather then argue now. "Let's get you up on the robo-mule Ralkawi. That way we can keep up the pace a bit and keep moving after a brief rest. Just don't fall off!"


Darn it. Forum ate post

The group elects to move on. Thankfully nothing else hostile happens to them other than the Kakurikis continuting to pester the group with their howls and occasional rocks.

Those things really hate your guts Ralkawi says as she jostles on the robo mules back which is slowed somewhat by the additional burden.

The next day the Lashunta feels well enough to walk with the group. The medically minded among the group are pleased by her rapid recovery and figure that, instead of being sickly, the Lashunta probably has a much faster than usual metabolism. She does seem to be chewing through your rations at a pretty damn fast clip. (1.5 x usual ration spend on the NPC!)

Two days pass without much incidence. It's just heat and sweat and bugs and the endless greenery getting in the way of their feet.

The group's dreams, at least, are normal, and not as vivid as the ones that visited them on their third night of travel.

The Kakurikis seem to get bolder at night time though and creep up to disturb those sleeping in the tents with sudden howls from close range. They always scamper away before they can get hurt though.

They make good time on the fifth and sixth day and it seems like they might be catching up to the group they are pursuing.

On the seventh morning however they wind changes and carries with a tangy scent. The group pauses as there is a sudden cessation to the almost constant screeching of the Kakurikis.

As the group looks back they see the winged simians sniff the air with silent concentration before dashing high up into the trees and wrapping themselves in bucket sized flowers about 20 metrons off the ground, practically disappearing from sight.


N Android Mechanic 9 | HP:58/58 SP: 72/72 +tmp 10/10 | RP: 8/8 | EAC 21, KAC 23 EAC 21, KAC 24 | F: +8, R: +13, W: +6 (+2 vs disease, mind-affecting effects, poison, and sleep) | Init: +11 | Perc: +16, darkvision 12 mt. | Speed 30ft | Memory module: 1/1 | Current battery plasma: 28/40, street: 30/40 Active conditions:

"Hmm. What are they up to, now? Should we worry? "

Not that he minds the damned monkeys being silent for once, but such sudden silence is foreboding. Prospero-4 had almost grown used to the screeching as a background noise (with the occasional excrement bombardment). Now, the silence feels almost creepy.

"What are those flowers?", he wonders.

Knowledge roll : 1d20 ⇒ 10


Status:
Monster ID Modifiers:
Culture +22, Engineering +23, Life Science +22, Mysticism +18, Physical Science +23. Include Alien Archive bonus! +2 vs Items
| Sp 72/72 Hp 56/56 | Rp 8/8 | EAC 22 KAC 22 | Fort +8; Ref +14; Will +9; +4 vs Fear, +2 vs Emotion | Evasion, Uncanny Agility | Init +7 | Per +17; Trap Spotter |

"Looks like they are hiding. Well, almost, since I can't see any of them anymore ..." Leila notes and reaches for her zapper. The halfling looks around but the only thing that has changed is really the wind and that scent. "Do you think it's the smell?"

Knowledge: 1d20 ⇒ 9


GM Screen:
1d20 ⇒ 9

Prospero-4 recognizes the flowers. They are known to be very good at filtering impurties out of the air and there are quite a few air filtration manufacturers on Castrovel that claim their products are designed based on the natural principles of the foliage.

Leila looks up at the sky, wondering at the sudden change in the atmosphere, and spots a few fluffy pink clouds floating above the treeline.

All the clues click into place. There's going to be a moldstorm!

Life Science 17 check or Castrovellian or Leila:
Moldstorms are short lived events where several types of giant fungi all release their spores into the air simultaneously. In smaller quantities this is harmless and quite pretty. But based on the way the Kakurikis are behaving this is going to be a harsh one.

In a large storm living creatures can have trouble breathing and the spores can even take root in living tissue, breaking down flesh and inhibiting neurological systems.

They only last a few hours but being outside unprotected is NOT advised.


Status:
Monster ID Modifiers:
Culture +22, Engineering +23, Life Science +22, Mysticism +18, Physical Science +23. Include Alien Archive bonus! +2 vs Items
| Sp 72/72 Hp 56/56 | Rp 8/8 | EAC 22 KAC 22 | Fort +8; Ref +14; Will +9; +4 vs Fear, +2 vs Emotion | Evasion, Uncanny Agility | Init +7 | Per +17; Trap Spotter |

"Oh no! Moldstorm! That's bad..." Leila briefly explains what she remembers. "Hmm. Would our armours be sealed enough to protect us? Otherwise I suggest we get a hold of those fancy flowers really fast!"


Your armors can protect you in the vacuum of space. The moldstorm's fine.


test


Status:
Monster ID Modifiers:
Culture +22, Engineering +23, Life Science +22, Mysticism +18, Physical Science +23. Include Alien Archive bonus! +2 vs Items
| Sp 72/72 Hp 56/56 | Rp 8/8 | EAC 22 KAC 22 | Fort +8; Ref +14; Will +9; +4 vs Fear, +2 vs Emotion | Evasion, Uncanny Agility | Init +7 | Per +17; Trap Spotter |

"Let's try and brave the storm. With a bit of luck we'll leave the Ki-kis behind!"


N Android Mechanic 9 | HP:58/58 SP: 72/72 +tmp 10/10 | RP: 8/8 | EAC 21, KAC 23 EAC 21, KAC 24 | F: +8, R: +13, W: +6 (+2 vs disease, mind-affecting effects, poison, and sleep) | Init: +11 | Perc: +16, darkvision 12 mt. | Speed 30ft | Memory module: 1/1 | Current battery plasma: 28/40, street: 30/40 Active conditions:

”Sure. Let’s proceed. It might be interesting. ”


N Female Human Soldier 1 / Mystic 8 | HP: 59/59 | STAM: 68/68 | EAC: 23 KAC: 25 | F:+5, R:+5, W:+12 | Init: +7 | Perc: +19, SM: +16 | Speed 6 met | Spells: 1st: 5/5 2nd: 5/5 3rd: 3/3 Resolve: 8/8 Healing Touch: 2/2 Ammo: 20/20 | Active conditions:

Interesting?

Cueta secures her helmet and takes point, gripping her doshko. Her voice comes static-filled and difficult to understand over her 75 year-old comm. "New --rl, --cure tu-- --met."

Leila had a point. Maybe those damn monkeys would be left - or better yet, killed.


GM Screen:

1d20 + 1 ⇒ (11) + 1 = 12
1d20 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 2 = 9
1d20 + 3 ⇒ (10) + 3 = 13
1d20 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 4 = 10
8d4 ⇒ (3, 2, 1, 4, 1, 4, 2, 4) = 21
8d4 ⇒ (2, 4, 1, 2, 1, 2, 4, 2) = 18
8d4 ⇒ (2, 2, 4, 2, 4, 3, 1, 3) = 21
8d4 ⇒ (1, 4, 3, 4, 3, 4, 1, 1) = 21

The group decides to activate the environmental protections of their suit and soldier on. The sticky tanginess of the jungle air is replaced by the stale filtered smell of their armor's filtration systems. It reminds Leila and Prospero-4 of Absalom Station and home.

It's not long before the fluffy pink clouds rapidly start to cluster and it seems like in moments the already short visibility of the greenery is shortened even further by a blizzard of large pink spores descending around them in a ceaseless barrage of fungal proliferation.

Soon the group is struggling through knee high piles of spores and Ceuta has to pause frequently to make sure that they are stillheading in the right direction. It seems like the storm will never end until, quite suddenly, it melts away. Checking their own chronometers confirms that it's been four hours since the first spores were sighted though it feels like much longer.

The sudden shift of the wind before the moldstorm persists after. Rather than being cool and pleasant though it feels like standing in front of an industrial blast furnace. Already tired from struggling through the moldstorm the party is left sticky and sweltering by the end of the day.

Ralkawi in particular seems to be unable to draw on the same reserves of internal determination that the other four seem to be able to call upon. She tries to stoically keep up but is stumbling and almost passed out by the end of the day.

Astrianna, Leila, and Prospero take 21 damage, Cueta takes 18 damage. Ralkawi is close to passing out by the end of the day and will need medical attention to carry on. Basically 19 HP worth of healing.

All in all the seventh day of travel has *not* been pleasant.

There is no more sign of the Kakurikis though.


CN Female Half-elf Iconic Envoy 9| Sp: 63/63 | Hp 54/54 | Rp: 10/10 | EAC: 20 , KAC: 20 | Fort +7, Ref +10, Will +7 (+9 vs enchantment) | Init: +3 | Percep: +14, 12 Metron darkvision | Condition:

Turning on their armor's environmental protection was an amazing repreive from the previous days' experience. Astrianna had almost forgotten what air conditioning felt like! It also helped that they didn't die from lungs full of spores, though given what the air felt like after they escaped the pink clouds, maybe dying would have been a mercy.

As they stop to camp for the night the half-elf rolls her eyes at the lashunta and speaks privately over their comms. "Do we really have to take her along? She can barely keep up! On top of that it's not like she's going to just stand by and watch while we shoot all her friends." An idea suddenly comes to the self-proclaimed trid star. "Hmm... Actually, she could be useful... if we send her in first and she tries to talk her friendsinto switching sides, that's less sentients we have trying to put bullets into us. Nevermind, Irescind my previous complaint. Use whatever medical supplies to keep her going until we catch up to Lord Farquadd or whatever."


N Female Human Soldier 1 / Mystic 8 | HP: 59/59 | STAM: 68/68 | EAC: 23 KAC: 25 | F:+5, R:+5, W:+12 | Init: +7 | Perc: +19, SM: +16 | Speed 6 met | Spells: 1st: 5/5 2nd: 5/5 3rd: 3/3 Resolve: 8/8 Healing Touch: 2/2 Ammo: 20/20 | Active conditions:

Wiping a spore-colored glove across her helmet, Cueta frowns as the viewers just show streaked yellow. Unscrewing the helmet, the soldier places it on the ground and sits on it, turning it into a makeshift stool. Sighing, she looks over to Ralkawi. Lady looks rough.

Rising to her feet, Cueta places her hands on the mercenary and reaches out to the - whatever it is - and Ralkawi's complexion regains its color, infused with the whatever's vitality.

"Hear that? Nothing. Es pukking glorious, yeah?"

Using mystic touch to heal Ralkawi 15 points and then a cure. Cueta will then spend a resolve point for the stamina, and cure for herself.

cure Ralkawi: 1d8 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5 20 total hp cured
cure Cueta: 1d8 + 3 ⇒ (7) + 3 = 10


Status:
Monster ID Modifiers:
Culture +22, Engineering +23, Life Science +22, Mysticism +18, Physical Science +23. Include Alien Archive bonus! +2 vs Items
| Sp 72/72 Hp 56/56 | Rp 8/8 | EAC 22 KAC 22 | Fort +8; Ref +14; Will +9; +4 vs Fear, +2 vs Emotion | Evasion, Uncanny Agility | Init +7 | Per +17; Trap Spotter |

Leila reluctantly remover her helmet. This felt just like stepping outside the elevator near a malfunctioning power cell. But this heat wasn't fixable. They really should get some climate control going here!

"Yes! I almost miss them ..." Leila sighed. But only almost!

The halfling then moves over so she can watch Cueta work her magic. Still fashinating! "Does it hurt? Or anything like that? Feels weird? What about you 'Kawi? Tingles?"


N Android Mechanic 9 | HP:58/58 SP: 72/72 +tmp 10/10 | RP: 8/8 | EAC 21, KAC 23 EAC 21, KAC 24 | F: +8, R: +13, W: +6 (+2 vs disease, mind-affecting effects, poison, and sleep) | Init: +11 | Perc: +16, darkvision 12 mt. | Speed 30ft | Memory module: 1/1 | Current battery plasma: 28/40, street: 30/40 Active conditions:

"Acceptable plan, Astrianna." is all Prospero-4 sends back on the comms. Right now, he is just too tired to care what will happen if or when they catch up with the cultists.

There is a small hiss, as the android disengages his helmet's environmental seals to take it off. The pink blots all over his armor makes the android look like a character escaped from some comedy trid. But the android himself looks truly exhausted after the day's travel.

"On hindsight, setting a shelter for the day might have been a good idea. But we survived. And it did look fascinating for a moment."

Noticing a fallen tree nearby, Prospero-4 walks over to use the trunk as a seat to rest his legs.

"At least the Kakurikis are gone..."


Status:
Monster ID Modifiers:
Culture +22, Engineering +23, Life Science +22, Mysticism +18, Physical Science +23. Include Alien Archive bonus! +2 vs Items
| Sp 72/72 Hp 56/56 | Rp 8/8 | EAC 22 KAC 22 | Fort +8; Ref +14; Will +9; +4 vs Fear, +2 vs Emotion | Evasion, Uncanny Agility | Init +7 | Per +17; Trap Spotter |

"Were they really that bad? Not much worse then any old crowd! ... Though I suppose there's no music player to drown them out ..." Leila ponders and tries to wipe her brow clean. Not very effective, but at least she could use the sweaty napkin to try and get the spores off her armour.


Ralkawi, who had been suffering in silence the whole day lets out a huge sigh of relief as Cueta's mystical powers go to work.

Thanks. I know I don't deserve it, but.. thanks. Your magic stuff feels very different from Lord Tahomen's.

After a very very trying day the group barely manages to get their tent setup before collapsing and sleeping like the dead. They resume their trek through the jungle the next day; their eight in the jungle. Tufts of pink spores still litter the ground like cotton candy but no more is falling from the sky thankfully.

The biggest clump of spores the group passes by are clustered on the corpse of a very large animal. The body is fresh and it seems like it wasn't able to protect itself from the moldstorm.

A peaceful silence reigns over the group's early morning journey as the native animals cautiously return to their normal existence.

An hour later the group arrives at one of the final landmark's descibed in Zan's notes before the temple itself. The trees thin, forming a broad clearing cenetered on an immense stone statue of a reclining elf whose skin bears dozens of raised markings like painful welts. The figure rests on one partially buried elbow while extending its other hand towards the sky. The elf's simple robe and hair are both sculpted of heavily weathered metal that has corroded entirely in places. Numerous crumbling outbuilds ring the clearing, where only mosses and a few stubborn stundted trees grow.

Zan dubbed this statue "The Plague Warden" and it's a wonder. The group estimates it to be 30 metron lengthwise, and about 10 metrons in width at its thickest.

They're very close to the temples in Zan's notes now.


Status:
Monster ID Modifiers:
Culture +22, Engineering +23, Life Science +22, Mysticism +18, Physical Science +23. Include Alien Archive bonus! +2 vs Items
| Sp 72/72 Hp 56/56 | Rp 8/8 | EAC 22 KAC 22 | Fort +8; Ref +14; Will +9; +4 vs Fear, +2 vs Emotion | Evasion, Uncanny Agility | Init +7 | Per +17; Trap Spotter |

"Good thing you don't have to earn help! Wouldn't be much 'help' then would it?" The halfling sits down. She didn't have much energy left and she needed to save some so she could talk and satisfy her curiosity. Oh and make camp but that would probably work out somehow. "How does that magic feel? Other then 'exploding head' I mean."

---

"Brr! Someone worked really hard to make such a huge unnerving thing. Or maybe they were just really bored?" The halfling had to remove her hat and tilt her head all the way back to take in the whole statue at once. It made her uneasy, just like those horrible scribbles on those radiated sections back home. Hopefully this wasn't the temple of the space plague! Or any other plague for that matter. "Well the name really do fit ..."


CN Female Half-elf Iconic Envoy 9| Sp: 63/63 | Hp 54/54 | Rp: 10/10 | EAC: 20 , KAC: 20 | Fort +7, Ref +10, Will +7 (+9 vs enchantment) | Init: +3 | Percep: +14, 12 Metron darkvision | Condition:

Astrianna stands in front of the statue with hands on her hips; the half-elf was mysteriously clean and put together despite hiking through the jungle for several days, as if she were some kind of avatar of hygiene. "Wow." She says with a whistle on the end for effect. "This is impressive. Zan called this the Plague Warden, which seems the most accurate discription of anything he's ever named."

She seems to think for a moment, closing the notes displayed on her wrist-mounted comm. "Wait, does that mean we should just assume the opposite, and that it's not representing someone diseased? I mean, who builds a statue celebrating disease."

Deciding she would leave the topic to the scholars (as in, not her), Astrianna shrugs and digs out a R-2-E. "No better place to stop for lunch than under a giant crumbling statue I'd say!" She says with a bizzare amount of enthusiasm. "Considering how close we are to the temple, either we're on the cusp of catching up with Tahomen's group, or they've beat us there."

Taking a seat on the crumbling ruin of an outbuilding, she starts eating the brownie contained in the R2E first, speaking with it in her mouth. "Cueta, check for any fresh tracks. I'm sure they stopped here for a rest, too."


N Female Human Soldier 1 / Mystic 8 | HP: 59/59 | STAM: 68/68 | EAC: 23 KAC: 25 | F:+5, R:+5, W:+12 | Init: +7 | Perc: +19, SM: +16 | Speed 6 met | Spells: 1st: 5/5 2nd: 5/5 3rd: 3/3 Resolve: 8/8 Healing Touch: 2/2 Ammo: 20/20 | Active conditions:

"How does Tahomen's magic feel?" Cueta asks Ralkawi, pulling her dreads back into a wiry bun. "To mio, es feels like whispers and feathers touching mio mind. Not sure how suyo feels, yeah?"

--------------

Propping herself again on her helmet, Cueta snaps open her R2E, frowning slightly. [i]Pasta? Howsuyo expect someone to eat this on the trail?"[/b] Shrugging, Cueta pulls some noodles from the tomato sauce and shovels them into her mouth. Crooking an eyebrow to Astri, Cueta speaks through a full mouth. "Tuyo always eat the dessert first?"

Swallowing, Cueta digs into more pasta, and then licks her fingers. "Aye, Eh'll check for tracks after lunch. Priorities, yeah?"

survival for tracks: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (12) + 10 = 22


CN Female Half-elf Iconic Envoy 9| Sp: 63/63 | Hp 54/54 | Rp: 10/10 | EAC: 20 , KAC: 20 | Fort +7, Ref +10, Will +7 (+9 vs enchantment) | Init: +3 | Percep: +14, 12 Metron darkvision | Condition:

Astrianna continues to chew on the brownie, which has become a chocolately brown mess all over her teeth by this point. "You don't? The best part about being an adult is getting to eat the dessert first." She says with the air of someone that is clearly passionate about this subject.

With a shrug, the supposedly defacto captain doesn't seem to mind the belaying of her orders this time. "Yeah, I get that."


Love the roleplay. Unfortunately...

Spoiler:

1d20 ⇒ 13
5d20 ⇒ (18, 3, 11, 14, 2) = 48
5d20 ⇒ (15, 13, 14, 18, 19) = 79
2d20 ⇒ (14, 1) = 15
1d5 ⇒ 5
1d20 ⇒ 6
1d4 + 7 ⇒ (3) + 7 = 10

As the group chats to each other on their first approach to the statue a web of sticky filaments suddenly descends on Prospero-4 from above .

As the group looks up in shock they see a blue monstrosity shimmer into existence from seemingly nowhere. It looks like a giant cerulean jellyfish, except it's flying, and has Prospero entangled!

You guys won initiative. Prospero is entangled and took 10 non lethal damage. Flying jellyfish is 10 metrons up. Pick which direction you approached from please also.


Status:
Monster ID Modifiers:
Culture +22, Engineering +23, Life Science +22, Mysticism +18, Physical Science +23. Include Alien Archive bonus! +2 vs Items
| Sp 72/72 Hp 56/56 | Rp 8/8 | EAC 22 KAC 22 | Fort +8; Ref +14; Will +9; +4 vs Fear, +2 vs Emotion | Evasion, Uncanny Agility | Init +7 | Per +17; Trap Spotter |

"Eeep!" Leila cried out as the huge thing materialized above them. Had it finally happened - had Astri's ego been given flesh? But why is it so ... jelly? She was forced to consider that it might be some weird and horrible native lifeform instead...

Pokédex roll!: 1d20 ⇒ 7

Regardless of what it was, some Arc Pistoling could hurt. Hopefully!

Trick!: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (6) + 14 = 20 For flatfooted

Attack!: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (2) + 6 = 8

Zap?: 1d6 + 2 + 1d8 ⇒ (5) + 2 + (7) = 14

1,051 to 1,100 of 2,462 << first < prev | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / All over a bit of Drift Rock All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.