All over a bit of Drift Rock

Game Master Azih

Current Track:

Xavra

Map:

Istamak Interior Maps.
Istmak

Picture:
Xavra
Tzayl


851 to 900 of 2,419 << first < prev | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | next > last >>

N Android Mechanic 8 | HP:52/52 SP: 64/64 +tmp 10/10 | RP: 8/8 | EAC 21, KAC 23 EAC 21, KAC 24 | F: +8, R: +13, W: +6 (+2 vs disease, mind-affecting effects, poison, and sleep) | Init: +11 | Perc: +15, darkvision 12 mt. | Speed 30ft | Memory module: 1/1 | Current battery plasma: 28/40, street: 30/40 Active conditions:

"How do you know he's lying?" Prospero-4 whispers to the others, puzzled about these unseen signs. Nevertheless, he trusts his companions judgement in this, and springs up to after the Lashunta. The Lashunta's hasty retreat seems suspicious, even to the socially clueless android. He heads to the same exit as the scoundrel, motioning for the others to follow.

"Hey! My friend asked you a question!"


CN Female Half-elf Iconic Envoy 8| Sp: 18/56 | Hp 48/48 | Rp: 7/9 | EAC: 20 , KAC: 20 | Fort +4, Ref +10, Will +7 (+9 vs enchantment) | Init: +3 | Percep: +13, 12 Metron darkvision | Condition:

"Shhhh..." Astrianna hisses softly, making a slow downward gesture with her hand for Prospero to cease his actions. "It's okay. No need to get so worked up over some hustler. He's just mad we didn't give him more credits."

Astrianna taps at her comm unit and pays off the tab they automatically started when they entered the establishment (one of her favorite features of Qabart''s robust technological infrastructure). "He already answered my question and gave us more information than he knew when he lied about Solstrani. C'mon, let's go meet with the detective." She says while casually getting up, figuring they've overwelcomed their stay at the Five Arches anyhow.


It's late by the time the group gets back to the university and even the most dedicated of the journalists hounding Muhali's department seem to have called it a day.

The rich and humid smell of the tropical city mixes with the sweet smell of the night flowers that bloom abundantly on the grounds of the campus.

Inside Whaloss seems to have gone home for the day while Ikimsi is yawning at his post, evidently just waiting for you guys to get back. Ah, yes he says as he sees the four of you come in. The detective is in Dr.Solstraini's office with Professor Muhali. I do hope your investigations have borne fruit. It's terrible to think that anyone would have attacked the Professor. She is such a wonderful person. I do hope she's alright.

The group makes its way to Solstrani's office. There they find the Professor standing behind a Lashunta in a sleek gray suit tapping at Dr.Solstrani's computer terminal. Both Lashuntas look up, the newcomer smiles "Ah, the intrepid Starfinders, back from the Five Arches? I'm Detective Mosai. Just been going through Olmehya Solstrani's computer and it seems you're on the right track. I see a lot of message from this Eyrub Paqual character trying to get Solstrani to meet him at that place. So. What did you find?"

Mosai seems relaxed enough but Muhali is tense as she waits to hear of your findings. THe fact that you don't have Solstrani with you seems to be worrying her quite a bit.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
CN Female Half-elf Iconic Envoy 8| Sp: 18/56 | Hp 48/48 | Rp: 7/9 | EAC: 20 , KAC: 20 | Fort +4, Ref +10, Will +7 (+9 vs enchantment) | Init: +3 | Percep: +13, 12 Metron darkvision | Condition:

Astrianna deeply inhales the scent of flowers as they cross the campus, moving her sunglasses to the top of her head and spreading her arms wide. "Ah, Castrovel, you might be a boring mudball but you sure smell good sometimes."

The half-elf spins around and begins walking backards, regarding her duo of space born comrades and their team's new cyrogenically packaged dust herder or whatever. "So how is your first solar cycle planetside? The humidity is a b#~~~ and unfiltered sunlight hurts, eh?"

---------

Astrianna purses her lips at the detective when they enter Solstrani's office. "Oh, just a huckster that started blabbing after we gave him a few credits. He made and sold this Paqual guy... fifteen...? fake visas that let Paqual and his team go right through an aiudara gate to Turhalu Point."

Emerald eyes turn to Professor Muhali, nodding her head at the unasked question. "They had Solstrani with them, the huckster saw her. She was definitely kidnapped and is definitely somewhere on Ukulam right now."

Looking back to the detective, Astrianna continues her thoughts. "Which means... My team needs expidited access to the aiudara gate so we can go rescue her from these thugs. We've already asked Starfinder HQ to put in an expedited request, but if you could make things go a little bit faster on your end, Detective Mosai..." A brilliant white, gleaming smile blossoms across her face. "We can catch up to these fools and bring back Dr. Solstrani."

mixed reactions: 1d100 ⇒ 3 Tough crowds

diplomacy: 1d20 + 9 + 1d6 - 2 ⇒ (16) + 9 + (1) - 2 = 24


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Status:
Monster ID Modifiers:
Culture +20, Engineering +21, Life Science +20, Mysticism +16, Physical Science +20. Include Alien Archive bonus! +2 vs Items
| Sp 28/56 Hp 44/44 | Rp 8/8 | EAC 22 KAC 22 | Fort +7; Ref +13; Will +8; +4 vs Fear, +2 vs Emotion | Evasion, Uncanny Agility | Init +7 | Per +14; Trap Spotter |

"It's very pretty! And bright! Very cool. Hmm what was that about the starlight...?" Something stirred at the depths of her memory. Something out of a travel site from a long time ago. Hmmm...

Slowly and with naive hope the halfling raised her hand and gently poked herself on the nose. "Ow! That stings! Bleh 'sunscreen' that was it ...!" the pained halfling sighed. She *should* probably have noticed her nose (and other parts) turning red. Just to double check she poked at her ear. "Ow-ow! ... This sucks! I need to get a hat! ... But how would I wear it..."

---

Leila is content to let Astri handle this situation while she searches the network for sun burn remedies. Luckily there were plenty of suggestions. Huh... That can't be right can it? But most seemed questionable at best. Sure she was usually up for trying new things and all but who even had that much broccoli?!


N Female Human Soldier 1 / Mystic 7 | HP: 47/53 | STAM: 60/60 | EAC: 23 KAC: 25 | F:+5, R:+5, W:+11 | Init: +7 | Perc: +17, SM: +15 | Speed 6 met | Spells: 1st: 0/5 2nd: 2/4 3rd: 3/3 Resolve: 1/8 Healing Touch: 1/2 Ammo: 20/20 | Active conditions:

Cueta wipes her forehead, and then the back of her neck. She sniffs her armpit as she does so, and is at once thankful that her new duster hides most of the smell of her BO, and annoyed that she bought the duster at all. Castrovel was hardly the planet for it, it turns out. The leather just increased her, what was the word for it, exactly? Miserable stickiness.

And miserable Cueta was. This heat and humidity, it wasn't at all like on 9. She walked outside and immediately need yet another shower - and that was like twenty minutes ago.

"Yeah," the pilot said, sniffing herself again, "Eh's aweful, yeah?"

But at least I don't burn, Cueta thought, as Leila bonked herself in the nose.

"Spiky aloe'll do the trick, chinney. Just donna forget to wear gloves when tuyo harvest it, yeah?"

-----------------------

Looking at detective, Cueta cracks her knuckles in anticipation. If anyone deserved a little ultraviolence, it was the pukkers that tried to whack them.

At least as far as Cueta was concerned. Plus, the sooner that they got those visas, the sooner they'd be getting away from this damned stickiness.


The detective narrows his eyes at Astrianna for a second before his face falls. Ukulum huh? Well that's way out of my jurisdiction. The Professor's been filling me in and it certainly seems like there's some sort of... treasure hunt... that the good Doctor's gotten roped into because of her expertise.

The detective grimaces as he takes out his personal comm and starts tapping at it. I'll make you a trade. Give me a description of this huckster of yours and I'll wake up my superiors and get you that permit within the hour. Shouldn't be a problem with Professor Muhali's recommendation. Mosai twitches his antenna at Muhali who twitches her antennae right back Right. We got a deal?

Muhali turns to face you. Aliabiens 21:2 just forwarded me Zan's digitized notes. He annotated them as well. Do you want to ask him any questions or will these suffice? I've glanced over them and they do seem thorough enough to give you some direction on where to go from Turhalu Point


CN Female Half-elf Iconic Envoy 8| Sp: 18/56 | Hp 48/48 | Rp: 7/9 | EAC: 20 , KAC: 20 | Fort +4, Ref +10, Will +7 (+9 vs enchantment) | Init: +3 | Percep: +13, 12 Metron darkvision | Condition:

Astrianna waves a hand dismissively. "Oh, I'm sure there's some kind of treasure involved. But rescuing Dr. Solstrani is the most important thing, right?" So she can help us be the first ones to discover an entirely new civilization! We'll be famous!

Astrianna grins as the detective offers them a trade. "Absolutely. Male Lashunta with enough gold on him to make a priest of Abadar start sweating." She says, happily throwing the huckster under the bus and providing a full description of the man. "He even gave me some contact information. It's a burner phone number, but you might be able to do something with it." The half-elf continues, piling on as much information as she could. That'll teach him to lie to me...

She looks to Muhali, still smiling, for things were going well again. "Oh, wonderful! We'll look them over and decide if we have any questions."


Detective Mosai smiles as he taps the information into his own comm.

Win-win. I get a lead on a collar. You guys get a lead into a place I cannot follow as a part of Qabarat security. And I can sleep easy that a bunch of hotshot Starfinders are working to save an innocent resident of Qabarat even though I can't do anything about it. He looks up and gives the four of you a once over. You guys look capable enough in a fire fight but a trek deep into Ukulam is a different matter entirely. You guys up for it?


N Female Human Soldier 1 / Mystic 7 | HP: 47/53 | STAM: 60/60 | EAC: 23 KAC: 25 | F:+5, R:+5, W:+11 | Init: +7 | Perc: +17, SM: +15 | Speed 6 met | Spells: 1st: 0/5 2nd: 2/4 3rd: 3/3 Resolve: 1/8 Healing Touch: 1/2 Ammo: 20/20 | Active conditions:

Cueta sighs, it just dawning on her that this Ukalum may still be on this sticky planet. "Eh can find mio way around a waterhole, mate. What's the trip entail though? Eh'm not from around now, temporal-wise. Where's this Ukulam, then?"


Status:
Monster ID Modifiers:
Culture +20, Engineering +21, Life Science +20, Mysticism +16, Physical Science +20. Include Alien Archive bonus! +2 vs Items
| Sp 28/56 Hp 44/44 | Rp 8/8 | EAC 22 KAC 22 | Fort +7; Ref +13; Will +8; +4 vs Fear, +2 vs Emotion | Evasion, Uncanny Agility | Init +7 | Per +14; Trap Spotter |

"Yes of course!" Leila looked up from her browsing and gave the officer a friendly smile. She had determined that the police here seemed to be a step above ASSes. Which was nice.

Besides how hard could it be? There were no atmosphere that could leak or become contaminated. The gravity were certainly not going anywhere! (Right?) The weren't any fickle and old systems prone to violent outburst either! Well 'volcanoes' but those are supposed to be rare! And it's just some silly molten rock. How hot was that even?

Well there would be squirrels she supposed. But as long as they weren't all Astri they would probably be perfectly fine! It was nice of the officer to worry on their behalf however. And, truth to be told, she was a bit worried about the plant Cueta had suggested. It looked awfully pointy!


Mosai and Muhali both blink at Cueta's comment and, as one, turn towards Astrianna, hoping they'll let Cueta know what the deal is with Ukulam.

A quick persual of Zan's notes indicates that it was about a two week trek for him to get from Turhalu Point to his ruins and you will be hiking all the way just like he did. Muhali lets the group know.

Astrianna:
If your friends think Qabarat, with a cool ocean breeze flowing in pretty much constantly and easy access to environmentally controlled buildings is too hot then they're going to looove the incredibly muggy and hot wilderness that is Ukulam. So will you actually!


CN Female Half-elf Iconic Envoy 8| Sp: 18/56 | Hp 48/48 | Rp: 7/9 | EAC: 20 , KAC: 20 | Fort +4, Ref +10, Will +7 (+9 vs enchantment) | Init: +3 | Percep: +13, 12 Metron darkvision | Condition:

"Were you not listening when I was talking about Ukulam earlier?" She chastises Cueta, putting her hands on her hips. "It's a jungle, which is like... uh... like.." She grits her teeth and looks at the three, realizing there was really no easy analogy for two space-born and a dust herder.

Suddenly, her face lights up. "It's like when you leave some leftovers in the refrigerator for a whole year and then open it up! Imagine that... but it spans an entire continent... er... an entire space station."

Having imparted sufficient information to her comrades, she turns back to the Detective. "I think we'll be able to handle it. It's hard to starve to death in the wilderness in this day and age." She presses two fingers to her lips in thought. "May need more batteries for the mobile hotlier though. And some new clothes, it's going to be horrifically humid and hot. Definitely need some hiking boots."

---------------------------

After reading through Zan's notes, Astrianna seems mostly reviled. "No telepathic squirrels. Just Kaukariki. I can handle Kaukariki. These notes read like the opening scenes to the Pyramid People of Ukulam, which I guess is unsurprising."


N Android Mechanic 8 | HP:52/52 SP: 64/64 +tmp 10/10 | RP: 8/8 | EAC 21, KAC 23 EAC 21, KAC 24 | F: +8, R: +13, W: +6 (+2 vs disease, mind-affecting effects, poison, and sleep) | Init: +11 | Perc: +15, darkvision 12 mt. | Speed 30ft | Memory module: 1/1 | Current battery plasma: 28/40, street: 30/40 Active conditions:

On the campus courtyard, Prospero-4 wonders if Astrianna's question was aimed at him - he is surely showing up his discomfort. But he didn't realize that Cueta and Leila might equally out of their normal environments.

"Humidity.... is strange. But it doesn't bother me. Standing in sunlight hurts my eyes. But I discovered a whole spectrum of colors I didn't know existed."

"But the worst thing is... the vastness. The horizon. I cannot understand how you can stand it." Agoraphobia, the android's exocortex helpfully brings up the word for what he is feeling.

----

Detective Mosai's question about the team capabilities lingers in the air, as the others rush in to assure him. Prospero-4 stays silent, as he honestly couldn't say anything to confirm. They will travel to environment completely unknown to him. And a harsh one, too, judging from the detective's words.

"We have been in difficult situations, in difficult places." he finally states, in neutral tone. "And prevailed."

"Two week trek by foot? And the same to get back? Can any means of transportation be used in this ... jungle, to make it quicker?"


Status:
Monster ID Modifiers:
Culture +20, Engineering +21, Life Science +20, Mysticism +16, Physical Science +20. Include Alien Archive bonus! +2 vs Items
| Sp 28/56 Hp 44/44 | Rp 8/8 | EAC 22 KAC 22 | Fort +7; Ref +13; Will +8; +4 vs Fear, +2 vs Emotion | Evasion, Uncanny Agility | Init +7 | Per +14; Trap Spotter |

"But the endless horizon is so mystifying! Think of all the things they can fit on an *entire world*!" Leila beams at Prospero. "Agree about the light though - wish they had a dimmer!"

...

"Eww that's a lot of mold! We'd have to bring gas masks or something." the halfling frowned. Now the trip didn't seem nearly as fun.

...

"Yeah! Imagine! It's like being in a trid! How awesome!" And her enthusiasm is right back up. Mhm! "Let's just hope no-one gets eaten or crushed or something in this one."


No vehicles. Muhali responds to Prospero-4. As offworlders I suppose you wouldn't know this but the preservation of Ukulam's environment is of critical importance to all of Castrovel and additionally the peace deal between ourselves and the Formians requires that the sanctity of the province be maintained. Muhali taps on her comm. I am not ungrateful for the four of you putting yourselves in harms way to help one of our own. Not only will this deepen our already cordial relations with the Starfinders but I will transfer 2500 credits to you to assist with your preparations.

Group gains 2500 credits


CN Female Half-elf Iconic Envoy 8| Sp: 18/56 | Hp 48/48 | Rp: 7/9 | EAC: 20 , KAC: 20 | Fort +4, Ref +10, Will +7 (+9 vs enchantment) | Init: +3 | Percep: +13, 12 Metron darkvision | Condition:

Astrianna pulls up her hgolographic comm unit, and starts to look up a mixture of local hiking and ammunition stores. "Leila, Cueta, Prospero... I want you two to stay at the University and study whatever materials they have on hand about the native flora and fauna." She says while her fingers fly over the astral keyboard.

"Meanwhile..." A smile curls across her lips. "I am going to put Dr. Muhali's most gracious contribution to use and buy us a plethora of Professor-resucing equipment. I will return shortly! You all had best be able to tell apart an Apari from a Ksarik by the time I get back at least!" The half-elf calls over her shoulder as she makes for the nearest store.


Status:
Monster ID Modifiers:
Culture +20, Engineering +21, Life Science +20, Mysticism +16, Physical Science +20. Include Alien Archive bonus! +2 vs Items
| Sp 28/56 Hp 44/44 | Rp 8/8 | EAC 22 KAC 22 | Fort +7; Ref +13; Will +8; +4 vs Fear, +2 vs Emotion | Evasion, Uncanny Agility | Init +7 | Per +14; Trap Spotter |

"All right! Oh and see if you can't find a giant squirrel or something at the pets store - so we don't have to carry everything ourselves!" Leila calls out and then heads back to dig into the local store of knowledge.


N Female Human Soldier 1 / Mystic 7 | HP: 47/53 | STAM: 60/60 | EAC: 23 KAC: 25 | F:+5, R:+5, W:+11 | Init: +7 | Perc: +17, SM: +15 | Speed 6 met | Spells: 1st: 0/5 2nd: 2/4 3rd: 3/3 Resolve: 1/8 Healing Touch: 1/2 Ammo: 20/20 | Active conditions:

Cueta takes one long look around the university, and grabs her doshko. "Best Eh go with tuyo, Astrianna. Assassins and all that."

In truth, even a day shopping with the infosphere star was preferable to reading boring nerd writings about plants and whatnot.


While Leila and Prospero-4 engage in some speed reading, Astrianna and Cueta are able to find all the equipment they were looking for. The Starfinders have good contacts in the city and as Qabarat is the main staging point for any sort of off worlder expedition into the wilds of Castrovel as well as the home of a renowned military academy, there's no shortage of survival outfitters and weapon dealers eager to provide supplies.

Muhali and Mosai come through with a visa for Turhalu Point in Ukulam. It will get them through the Qabarat Port Authority's aidura gate with no troubles.

The only question remaining is whether the group wants to push ahead or spend the night in Qabarat. It's pretty deep in the night now and even if they make for Ukulam right away they'll need to sleep at some point.


Whether they push ahead or decide to rest for the night, the group arrives at the Qabarat Port Authority and present their credentials. The manager nods at the group and their equipment and escorts them to a beautifully sculpted stone arch. He taps out a tune on the side of the gate and the space between the arch swirls before turning into a portal through which their destination becomes visible. The group steps though and is instantly transported to Turhalu Point.

The station at Turhalu Point sits at the tip of a broad peninsula covered in rolling plains and expanses of tall, pale-green grasses that shimmer with violet hues in the wind. Short lived blooms of magenta fungus tower nearly twenty feet over the landscape, though many have begun to wilt and others are marred by bite marks of half-a-dozen sizes. Trumpeting calls echo across the plains as immense, six-legged creatures with long swooping necks trek steady across the grass towards the western jungles. Beyond rises the Singing Range, its peaks barely visible through the haze.

As the group steps through the portal closes behind and the cool ocean breeze alleviating the humidity in Qabarat vanishes. All that is left is an incredibly sweltering heat. Whoever is armored feels their suits activate internal cooling mechanisms. Anybody who isn't will instantly start sweating (Prospero-4's body would probably start pumping coolant or something).

A slight olive skinned human dressed in loose white robes bustles up. Ah, I was informed by the university to expect you. he says Greetings. I am Dr. Khair al-Nuaf. Welcome to Turhalu Point. Professor Muhali seemed quite insistent that we assist you to the utmost of our abilities. I must say I was not expecting another expedition so soon after the last one set out.


CN Female Half-elf Iconic Envoy 8| Sp: 18/56 | Hp 48/48 | Rp: 7/9 | EAC: 20 , KAC: 20 | Fort +4, Ref +10, Will +7 (+9 vs enchantment) | Init: +3 | Percep: +13, 12 Metron darkvision | Condition:

We would probably sleep for the night- or at least sleep long enough so that when we arrive in Ukulam it would be daylight. It's several hundred miles away if I recall, so the time zone would be different.

Astrianna gets up far earlier than she usually does, spurned on by chase of a lifetime. "Let's go come on! Get your gear together we have some history to make!" She encourages everyone, laying out their buldging backpacks full of food and other survival supplies.

During her shopping trip the previous day, the half-elf had selected and purchased matching traveling outfits for everyone. Pale colored wide-brimmed hats, loose shirts and blouses, and quick-drying cargo pants in an assortment of dull colors she knew would make each person's skin tone pop on camera.

Leila would quickly realize the outfits look exactly like those worn in The Pryamid People of Ukulam, and this was not a coincidence. Astrianna was already planning ahead for their next videos, and intended to play off the infamity of that cult classic...

A few last updates to her social media profiles to explain she would be incommunicato for at least a month and she was ready!

Astrianna is already recording and chatting away as they pass through the gate, stepping through the portal with a sweeping gesture. "Behold! Ukulam!"
She says in response to the gorgeous view and overwhelming abundance of life.

The second the gate closes a sheen of sweat forms on her forehead, and she drops her arms "Gods. It's miserable here, who would possibly li-"

The vlogger's face instantly changes to a smile, and she claps her hands together at the human's approach. "Dr. Khair al-Nuaf! Thank you for meeting us here. Hmm, it seems Dr. Muhali didn't tell you the whole story. The "expidition" that went before us is nothing more than a gang of two-bit thugs that not only got in on counterfeit creditionals, but they kidnapped Professor Solstrani and are bascially out to pillage and loot some ruins deep in the jungle."

Astrianna points a thumb at herself, standing tall. It's our job to stop them, rescue Professor Solstrani, and apply proper archeological protocols to what could be the discovery of the century." Everyone else in the group was sure that the only "archeological protocols" Astrianna knew was checking the expiration date on milk cartons, but what did al-Nuaf know?

"Did that group of low-lifes tell you anything before they left?" She inquires, placing her hands on her hips.


Dr. Al-Khair's reaction is most satisfactory, his hands go up to his mouth and he gasps. Dr.Solstrani? Kidnapped? No, she was with them of course but she had credentials and a letter of intent from Professor Muhali herself! After the rotund and bespectacled human's initial shock wears off he grows thoughtful as his fingers stay pressed against the close cropped salt and pepper goatee on his chin. Though now that I think on it she did seem quite groggy and listless. The people with her said she was feeling under the weather but it was imperative they press on regardless as the archaeological survey work they were carrying out required a very particular set of environmental factors that wouldn't last very long. He takes out a data slate and pores over it. Some elven ruins in the north west they said. They were carrying quite a bit of equipment with them, handled by quite a large group of armed Lashunta mercenaries. They headed out about two days ago. I suppose you could track them as they were a large group that didn't particularly care about hiding their trail... perchance do you know where they were going?


N Female Human Soldier 1 / Mystic 7 | HP: 47/53 | STAM: 60/60 | EAC: 23 KAC: 25 | F:+5, R:+5, W:+11 | Init: +7 | Perc: +17, SM: +15 | Speed 6 met | Spells: 1st: 0/5 2nd: 2/4 3rd: 3/3 Resolve: 1/8 Healing Touch: 1/2 Ammo: 20/20 | Active conditions:

Cueta squints, trying to get a better read on this Al-Khair fellow. Something didn't add up, or so the soldier's gut told her. But, she wasn't sure just what was off.

Rather than answering Al-Khair's question, Cueta prods him with one of her own. "Wait. This letter from Muhali, was it vetted, chinney? You scan a signature or something?"

Then, frowning as she thought through the rest of the implications of Al-Khair's response, Cueta pressed the human for more information.

"What'sa large group of lashunta? Five? Twenty-five?"

Her frown deepened as Cueta fidgeted with the wide-brimmed hat, unaware that it was essentially a movie prop. Sweat ran down her temple, and the soldier's mood continued to darken.

Two day's lead? Pukk!

sense motive on Al-Khair: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (20) + 8 = 28


Status:
Monster ID Modifiers:
Culture +20, Engineering +21, Life Science +20, Mysticism +16, Physical Science +20. Include Alien Archive bonus! +2 vs Items
| Sp 28/56 Hp 44/44 | Rp 8/8 | EAC 22 KAC 22 | Fort +7; Ref +13; Will +8; +4 vs Fear, +2 vs Emotion | Evasion, Uncanny Agility | Init +7 | Per +14; Trap Spotter |

"Pew! It's like a power core here!" Leila whistled as they stepped trough the magic portal into trid-verse. Hot hot hot! And terribly exciting!

She wasn't all that convinced by her outfit though. It felt right and all, but the majesty of her hat caused her some trouble. For once she really couldn't see the face of anyone without looking straight at them. And even then she had to hold on to the hat so that it wouldn't escape. But perhaps that was a small price to pay!

So she simply held on to her hat while watching the exchange between the tall folk. "And who was in charge of the group; who did the talking? Can you describe them."


CN Female Half-elf Iconic Envoy 8| Sp: 18/56 | Hp 48/48 | Rp: 7/9 | EAC: 20 , KAC: 20 | Fort +4, Ref +10, Will +7 (+9 vs enchantment) | Init: +3 | Percep: +13, 12 Metron darkvision | Condition:

Oh yeah, work it baby. Astrianna thinks as Dr. Al-khair absolutely kills it on the reaction to her statement on Solstrani's kidnapping. She didn't know if he was acting or not, but she didn't care. It was going to make a perfect opening sequence for the video! Or dare she reach further.... movie?

"All fake, and as you suspected, Solstrani was definitely drugged. They hauled her out of the university in a shipping crate if I recall. Those punks are running about as legal an operation as space whalers." The half-elf says with a dramatic sigh.

"Oh, we have an idea where they're going. The elven ruins, like you said. Though I wonder if they were actually telling the truth about the environmental factors, or if that wasa lie too?" Astrianna ponders. before shrugging. The quesiton is, do we shadow them and let them do all the hard work... or overtake them and do it ourselves? Hmm... Overtaking them and exploring this ourselves would make a much better narrative. The video is the real treasure here!


Of course I kept track of it the human researcher says seemingly a bit offended by Cueta's question. You would not believe the amount of bureaucracy we have to undergo just not to maintain this outpost in Ukulam. This whole thing is going to be a giant headache with auditors crawling all over us to see how this was allowed to happen. We have to get special dispensation to even make a call out of this place. he huffs before realizing what he's saying Of course the danger Dr.Solstrani is in is far more of a concern of course... of course. Look I can transfer to you the visa and the letter that I have recorded. There were about fifteen of them overall, carrying some quite heavy looking equipment.

The scientist sounds completely sincere to Cueta's ears. He seems scared and confused and eager to be helpful. It makes sense now why Professor Muhali asked me to allow you access to our own emergency stores. He leads you to one of the larger buildings of the former military outpost.

There's some armor and other things that no one is using that you're welcome to oh and you may recharge whatever you wish for free of course.


You have the following available:
Lashunta ringwear II armor
carbon steel curve blade
stickybomb grenade II,
4 doses of tier-1 antitoxin
4 doses of sprayfelsh
field rations
up to 100 credits of standard ammo per PC.
Two spell ampoules of comprehend language
one spell ampoule of share language
Free recharging services

I also have some detailed maps of the local area he continues I can provide them to you of course and if we compare them to your own data then perhaps I can help you plot a path?


N Female Human Soldier 1 / Mystic 7 | HP: 47/53 | STAM: 60/60 | EAC: 23 KAC: 25 | F:+5, R:+5, W:+11 | Init: +7 | Perc: +17, SM: +15 | Speed 6 met | Spells: 1st: 0/5 2nd: 2/4 3rd: 3/3 Resolve: 1/8 Healing Touch: 1/2 Ammo: 20/20 | Active conditions:

Cueta hefts the curve blade, swinging it thought the air, a large, toothy grin splashed across her face. "Music!"

Can I have it? Pllllllleeeeeeeaaaaaaaaassssssssseeeeeeee!!!!!!!


Status:
Monster ID Modifiers:
Culture +20, Engineering +21, Life Science +20, Mysticism +16, Physical Science +20. Include Alien Archive bonus! +2 vs Items
| Sp 28/56 Hp 44/44 | Rp 8/8 | EAC 22 KAC 22 | Fort +7; Ref +13; Will +8; +4 vs Fear, +2 vs Emotion | Evasion, Uncanny Agility | Init +7 | Per +14; Trap Spotter |

"Oh that's nice." Leila appreciated anythy that could help. "We'd love to take a closer look at the map."

Sure! It's probably too big for Leila anyhow :-P


CN Female Half-elf Iconic Envoy 8| Sp: 18/56 | Hp 48/48 | Rp: 7/9 | EAC: 20 , KAC: 20 | Fort +4, Ref +10, Will +7 (+9 vs enchantment) | Init: +3 | Percep: +13, 12 Metron darkvision | Condition:

Astri will take the stickybomb grenade for her personal use. The antitoxin, sprayflesh, and spell ampoules will go into group loot.

Astrianna paws through the cache like a Sorcery: The Convention player looks through the bargain card bin for a rare find.

The very expensive stickybomb grenade causes her to make a small cooing noise, and she puts it on her belt with the others.

With over 12 grenades now lining her belt, the half-elf looked like some kind of exotic, explosive fruit while she watched Cueta enjoy swinging around the carbon steel carve blade. "Looks like we won't be needing a pitiful ittle machete, eh?"

With a few taps of her comm, Astrianna pulls up a holographic projection of the area's map. "Sure. In fact, if you could plot us the quickest route, perhaps we could beat those punks to the ruins and lay a trap for them."


Ah, unfortunately, Halukeem Zan was not considerate enough to provide enough information for that. the human doctor huffs You'll have to navigate the old fashioned way I'm afraid based on orienteering and landmarks. Though I suppose you could follow the tracks of the villans who abducted Dr.Solstrani. We can drive you a few kilometrons in but from there you are on you own. I hope you don't need a guide...


Status:
Monster ID Modifiers:
Culture +20, Engineering +21, Life Science +20, Mysticism +16, Physical Science +20. Include Alien Archive bonus! +2 vs Items
| Sp 28/56 Hp 44/44 | Rp 8/8 | EAC 22 KAC 22 | Fort +7; Ref +13; Will +8; +4 vs Fear, +2 vs Emotion | Evasion, Uncanny Agility | Init +7 | Per +14; Trap Spotter |

Damn Leila thought as she looked up at the map. She had really hoped it would be one of those ancient parchment ones. Though they were probably pretty rare nowadays. But she just had this weird urge to stick her knife in it to mark the most important spot. And that impulse probably means there are even fewer of them still around!

"I say we try and race them to it! They might not think they need Sol or the clues anymore if they find what they are looking for and we don't want to be too late ..."


N Female Human Soldier 1 / Mystic 7 | HP: 47/53 | STAM: 60/60 | EAC: 23 KAC: 25 | F:+5, R:+5, W:+11 | Init: +7 | Perc: +17, SM: +15 | Speed 6 met | Spells: 1st: 0/5 2nd: 2/4 3rd: 3/3 Resolve: 1/8 Healing Touch: 1/2 Ammo: 20/20 | Active conditions:

Sheathing the sword, Cueta nods to Astri. "Ay. A machete's no knife, yeah? This is a knife. Anyways, Eh was a pretty good scout back on the 9. Could find water on the desert and all that. Last name's Guiding Star, after all. Nostro no need a guide, chinney?"


N Android Mechanic 8 | HP:52/52 SP: 64/64 +tmp 10/10 | RP: 8/8 | EAC 21, KAC 23 EAC 21, KAC 24 | F: +8, R: +13, W: +6 (+2 vs disease, mind-affecting effects, poison, and sleep) | Init: +11 | Perc: +15, darkvision 12 mt. | Speed 30ft | Memory module: 1/1 | Current battery plasma: 28/40, street: 30/40 Active conditions:

"Lacking satellite-guided navigation, I doubt I will be of much use in finding our way in this strange environment. But I'll take her word - if she thinks she can find a shorter route for us, I'll follow her."

Prospero-4 looks at the map projection, where all looks nice and clear. Then he turns, and sees what the jungle looks like, and just wonders how they'll ever manage to not get lost.

"Also, Cueta looks positively intimidating with that blade. Another reason to do as she says."


CN Female Half-elf Iconic Envoy 8| Sp: 18/56 | Hp 48/48 | Rp: 7/9 | EAC: 20 , KAC: 20 | Fort +4, Ref +10, Will +7 (+9 vs enchantment) | Init: +3 | Percep: +13, 12 Metron darkvision | Condition:

Astrianna waves off the concerned scientist, doctor, whatever the nerd was. "Oh, we'll be fine. Cueta is from a frontier planet and was cyrogenically frozen over 75 years ago, so she's an expect on all that ancient survival stuff." Though I have no idea what she's talking about sometimes. What is a chinney? Why does she keep saying it?

As they climb into the vehicle, Astrianna splays herself in the front passenger seat and points forward. "So our adventure begins!" She triumphantly announces, before shutting down her recording for the time being. Given the limited power and digital storage space, she figured it would be best to only record during exciting events, along with a daily 5-minute audio-only dairy.


Status:
Monster ID Modifiers:
Culture +20, Engineering +21, Life Science +20, Mysticism +16, Physical Science +20. Include Alien Archive bonus! +2 vs Items
| Sp 28/56 Hp 44/44 | Rp 8/8 | EAC 22 KAC 22 | Fort +7; Ref +13; Will +8; +4 vs Fear, +2 vs Emotion | Evasion, Uncanny Agility | Init +7 | Per +14; Trap Spotter |

"Yes! It will be like that game Andromeda Trail! But with less dysentery I hope. Woho! Let's go!"

Survival!:
1: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (1) + 8 = 9

2: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (18) + 8 = 26

3: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (8) + 8 = 16

4: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (14) + 8 = 22

5: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (10) + 8 = 18

6: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (19) + 8 = 27

7: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (18) + 8 = 26

8: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (9) + 8 = 17

9: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (16) + 8 = 24

10: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (6) + 8 = 14

11: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (1) + 8 = 9

12: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (9) + 8 = 17

13: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (11) + 8 = 19

14: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (3) + 8 = 11


N Female Human Soldier 1 / Mystic 7 | HP: 47/53 | STAM: 60/60 | EAC: 23 KAC: 25 | F:+5, R:+5, W:+11 | Init: +7 | Perc: +17, SM: +15 | Speed 6 met | Spells: 1st: 0/5 2nd: 2/4 3rd: 3/3 Resolve: 1/8 Healing Touch: 1/2 Ammo: 20/20 | Active conditions:

Cueta smiles and pats Prospero on the back. "Thanks, mate!"

Looking out into the jungle, a bit of doubt overtakes the soldier. "Though 9 is a desert planet, yeah? Never been in a jungle before, but the concept is the same. Now, what's the direction the sun sets? What's the navigation star?"

Cueta shrugged. It couldn't be that different.

Surivival:
1: 1d20 + 9 + 2 ⇒ (14) + 9 + 2 = 25
2: 1d20 + 9 + 2 ⇒ (20) + 9 + 2 = 31
3: 1d20 + 9 + 2 ⇒ (18) + 9 + 2 = 29
4: 1d20 + 9 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 9 + 2 = 19
5: 1d20 + 9 + 2 ⇒ (11) + 9 + 2 = 22
6: 1d20 + 9 + 2 ⇒ (15) + 9 + 2 = 26
7: 1d20 + 9 + 2 ⇒ (19) + 9 + 2 = 30
8: 1d20 + 9 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 9 + 2 = 15
9: 1d20 + 9 + 2 ⇒ (15) + 9 + 2 = 26
10: 1d20 + 9 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 9 + 2 = 12
11: 1d20 + 9 + 2 ⇒ (12) + 9 + 2 = 23
12: 1d20 + 9 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 9 + 2 = 12
13: 1d20 + 9 + 2 ⇒ (9) + 9 + 2 = 20
14: 1d20 + 9 + 2 ⇒ (16) + 9 + 2 = 27


CN Female Half-elf Iconic Envoy 8| Sp: 18/56 | Hp 48/48 | Rp: 7/9 | EAC: 20 , KAC: 20 | Fort +4, Ref +10, Will +7 (+9 vs enchantment) | Init: +3 | Percep: +13, 12 Metron darkvision | Condition:

"Navigation Star? Wasn't that an electrosynth dubwave band from a few years back? The one where the lead singer committed suicide by stealing their tour ship and flying it into a black hole?"

She thinks for a few moments. "I think the band broke up after that."

Astrianna seems to think a little bit harder before turning towards Cueta. "Wait, how would you know about that? You were an ice cube."

Survival aid another:

1:: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (9) + 2 = 11
2:: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (13) + 2 = 15
3:: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (18) + 2 = 20
4:: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (20) + 2 = 22
5:: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (9) + 2 = 11
6:: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6
7:: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 2 = 10
8:: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4
9:: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4
10:: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (9) + 2 = 11
11:: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (15) + 2 = 17
12:: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (19) + 2 = 21
13:: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 2 = 9
14:: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (11) + 2 = 13


Status:
Monster ID Modifiers:
Culture +20, Engineering +21, Life Science +20, Mysticism +16, Physical Science +20. Include Alien Archive bonus! +2 vs Items
| Sp 28/56 Hp 44/44 | Rp 8/8 | EAC 22 KAC 22 | Fort +7; Ref +13; Will +8; +4 vs Fear, +2 vs Emotion | Evasion, Uncanny Agility | Init +7 | Per +14; Trap Spotter |

"Like this?" Leila flips up her Starstone Compass, glad that the trinket might be helpful, and shows it to Cueta. And Astri and Prospero too of course! As the needle slowly rotates until it points somewhere bellow their feet the halflings beaming smile turns into a small frown. "Hmm. Maybe the Station isn't such a good beacon after all ..."


N Android Mechanic 8 | HP:52/52 SP: 64/64 +tmp 10/10 | RP: 8/8 | EAC 21, KAC 23 EAC 21, KAC 24 | F: +8, R: +13, W: +6 (+2 vs disease, mind-affecting effects, poison, and sleep) | Init: +11 | Perc: +15, darkvision 12 mt. | Speed 30ft | Memory module: 1/1 | Current battery plasma: 28/40, street: 30/40 Active conditions:

"I do think Starstone Compass is best used when navigating on interstellar scale. I doubt our robo-mule will last if we're led a couple of thousands of kilometrons off-course."

Still, Prospero-4 glances upwards, hoping to spot a glimmer of a friendly gps satellite up ahead.

Survival aid another:

survival aid another, day 1: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (20) + 2 = 22
survival aid another, day 2: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 2 = 10
survival aid another, day 3: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (12) + 2 = 14
survival aid another, day 4: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (19) + 2 = 21
survival aid another, day 5: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (13) + 2 = 15
survival aid another, day 6: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (13) + 2 = 15
survival aid another, day 7: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 2 = 9
survival aid another, day 8: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (16) + 2 = 18
survival aid another, day 9: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3
survival aid another, day 10: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (9) + 2 = 11
survival aid another, day 11: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (19) + 2 = 21
survival aid another, day 12: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (19) + 2 = 21
survival aid another, day 13: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4
survival aid another, day 14: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (13) + 2 = 15


The Outpost also has a robotic mule that they let you rent with a deposit and an admonishment to treat with care. It is obviously of elven make, unnecessarily beautiful and elaborately constructed to resemble a heavily antlered deer from Lost Golarion.

It snuffles at the four of you delicately, immediately taking a liking to Cueta as she caresses it.

Dr. Al-Nuaf waves the four of you farewell as you set out into the lowlands after a short drive inland, heading north by north west towards the mountains in the distance, leaving the ocean behind.

Cueta lives up to her name, confidently identifying landmarks and plotting a route towards their destination based off the maps provided by Dr. Al-Nuaf and Aliabiens 21:2's annotations on Zan's notes. This despite the land being dramatically different from her homeworld.

The grasses in the lowlands are in a seasonally dormant state and so attract few herbivores as the group forges ahead. The grasses range from a half to one and a half metrons in height and the prospect of being pounced on by some wild beast is ever present.

It seems the fauna of the lowlands is spooked enough by your intrusion to stay away and two days pass pleasantly enough with your armor providing protection from the sweltering heat.

****Third Day****

By the third day the group has drawn very close to the jungle and the verdant green trees loom higher and higher. The next landmark they need to locate is an ancient stone bridge crossing a river tributary beyond which stands a structure identified by Halukeem Zan as a Rune Obelisk.

The path to the bridge and the Obelisk however is blocked by a very very large herd of the titanic beasts. They snuffle around as if searching for something. With two giant tusks of pale white ivory, a pair of horns of similar size, and very long armored tails, even one of the six legged beasts could cause major injury to the party.

Usually the group would be able to circumnavigate around the herd. But here is where the path narrows and the group needs to pass through the animals to get to the next landmark in the trail. Even though the group has not been following the tracks of the group they're tailing they can see that they passed the same way.

The group is down two batteries and one day worth of armor environmental protection


N Female Human Soldier 1 / Mystic 7 | HP: 47/53 | STAM: 60/60 | EAC: 23 KAC: 25 | F:+5, R:+5, W:+11 | Init: +7 | Perc: +17, SM: +15 | Speed 6 met | Spells: 1st: 0/5 2nd: 2/4 3rd: 3/3 Resolve: 1/8 Healing Touch: 1/2 Ammo: 20/20 | Active conditions:

Cueta had no idea what the pukk those things were, but the long snout suggested an herbivore or insectivore, rather than something that would delight in snacking on them.

"Which means," the soldier says, finishing her thought out loud, "Nostro can drive 'em off, or perhaps move them along with food, yeah?"

"Unless one of tuyo knows what that is, an' Eh'm making a horrible mistake."

Taking some rations for the robomule (and giving it a loving pat as she does so - their admiration was mutual), Cueta inches forward, and talks in a low, soothing voice, holding the food out in front of her. Placing the food near to the creatures- but not too near - she backs up, and waits to see if they'll approach.

survival to influence animal, something out there likes you: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (13) + 9 = 22
SOTLY: 1d100 ⇒ 33


Status:
Monster ID Modifiers:
Culture +20, Engineering +21, Life Science +20, Mysticism +16, Physical Science +20. Include Alien Archive bonus! +2 vs Items
| Sp 28/56 Hp 44/44 | Rp 8/8 | EAC 22 KAC 22 | Fort +7; Ref +13; Will +8; +4 vs Fear, +2 vs Emotion | Evasion, Uncanny Agility | Init +7 | Per +14; Trap Spotter |

"Hmm..." Leila grabbed a hold of her large hat and leaned back a bit to look at the big animals. They were certainly big! Really really big! Had she remembered anything about the big creatures from her blitz lession?

Life Science: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (4) + 11 = 15


CN Female Half-elf Iconic Envoy 8| Sp: 18/56 | Hp 48/48 | Rp: 7/9 | EAC: 20 , KAC: 20 | Fort +4, Ref +10, Will +7 (+9 vs enchantment) | Init: +3 | Percep: +13, 12 Metron darkvision | Condition:

Astrianna audibly groans at the sight of the "robomule". "Overengineered and overpriced, I'm sure. Rakking elves can't build anything without making it pretty." She says with her hands on her hips, apparently beginning to appropraite some of Cueta's langauge.

"It is pretty though." She admits, capturing some footage of Cueta petting the robocreature.

-----------------

Three days of hiking have made Astrianna's calves extemely sore, and she makes sure everyone knows it.

The animal encounter makes her sneer, obviously frustrated by the delay. The half-elf starts recording, whipping out her tactical binoculars and wiring it into her Lifecorder hardware via a cable. She zooms in on the beasts, making a slow and sweeping shot of the herd. "The hells are these things? I don't want to be put in prison for life for killing an endangered species or something. Cueta, see if you can do your animal husbandry thing on them and get them to move." She orders, even though that's already what the woman is doing.

Astrianna knew very well what animal husbandry was and how it certainly did not apply to the situation, but thought it was funny to tell Cueta to do it.


N Female Human Soldier 1 / Mystic 7 | HP: 47/53 | STAM: 60/60 | EAC: 23 KAC: 25 | F:+5, R:+5, W:+11 | Init: +7 | Perc: +17, SM: +15 | Speed 6 met | Spells: 1st: 0/5 2nd: 2/4 3rd: 3/3 Resolve: 1/8 Healing Touch: 1/2 Ammo: 20/20 | Active conditions:

"Animal husbandry's animal pukking," Cueta says, Asti's joke flying over the soldier's head. "This is animal whispering, chinney?"


Status:
Monster ID Modifiers:
Culture +20, Engineering +21, Life Science +20, Mysticism +16, Physical Science +20. Include Alien Archive bonus! +2 vs Items
| Sp 28/56 Hp 44/44 | Rp 8/8 | EAC 22 KAC 22 | Fort +7; Ref +13; Will +8; +4 vs Fear, +2 vs Emotion | Evasion, Uncanny Agility | Init +7 | Per +14; Trap Spotter |

day 1: 1d20 + 3 + 2 ⇒ (11) + 3 + 2 = 16

day 2: 1d20 + 3 + 2 ⇒ (10) + 3 + 2 = 15

Leila seemed to be handling the heat and humidity as well as anyone could have expected. So she basically spent every other moment thinking about how nice it would be to crawl inside a freezer and just chill for a few hours.

---

"Well, as far as I can tell, they're big. And in the way. Sorta cute though! Despite their hugeness and in-the-wayness. So basically standard tall-folk te-he. *Ahem*. I'll check my notes really quickly and see if I wrote anything down!"


Unfortunately these beasts seem to have been missed by Leila's voracious speed reading on he last day in Qabarat. It's not too surprising since the diversity of flora and fauna on tropical Castrovel is truly mind boggling.

She would not want to be stepped on by one of them though. Heck it wouldn't go well for her tall friends either.

One of the giant animals notices Cueta and stomps over. Its trunk lowers to snuffle at Cueta's offering before turning away. It seems like its not impressed by the travel rations.

It does snuffle at Ceuta before turning back to its previous activity though.Cueta's neck and face are covered by a sticky slime that could be... mucus?

There's about two dozen of the beasts, seems like a whole family of them.


Status:
Monster ID Modifiers:
Culture +20, Engineering +21, Life Science +20, Mysticism +16, Physical Science +20. Include Alien Archive bonus! +2 vs Items
| Sp 28/56 Hp 44/44 | Rp 8/8 | EAC 22 KAC 22 | Fort +7; Ref +13; Will +8; +4 vs Fear, +2 vs Emotion | Evasion, Uncanny Agility | Init +7 | Per +14; Trap Spotter |

"Mm nope. Let's hope they aren't the critters that stomped Zan's group!" Leila looks up to watch Cueta get snuffled. "Ha-hmph! You need a napkin?"


CN Female Half-elf Iconic Envoy 8| Sp: 18/56 | Hp 48/48 | Rp: 7/9 | EAC: 20 , KAC: 20 | Fort +4, Ref +10, Will +7 (+9 vs enchantment) | Init: +3 | Percep: +13, 12 Metron darkvision | Condition:

Fort 1: 1d20 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 1 + 2 = 8

damage, non-lethal: 12d4 ⇒ (2, 3, 2, 3, 3, 4, 4, 2, 3, 4, 3, 2) = 35 Hurts, but if she spends 2 resolve points she can get back the stamina and take no HP damage

Fort 2: 1d20 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (10) + 1 + 2 = 13

damage, non-lethal: 12d4 ⇒ (3, 2, 3, 4, 3, 2, 1, 4, 3, 1, 3, 1) = 30

Same here, except she only needs to spend 1 resolve point. So let's say when she ran out of stamina they took a 10 minute break to rest, then she took the rest of the stamina damage throughout the day?

"Ugh, Cueta.. unless we find a place to bathe, now you're going to be a sweaty and goopy mess." Astrianna says, not that she's much better- the heat had not been kind to her, and even with constant hydration she felt like she was getting baked alive.

Disconnecting her binoculars from her LifeCorder system, she stores the long-range seeing device. "Well they seem friendly enough. We don't want to hurt them, they don't want to hurt us... Why don't we just slowly walk through them?" She suggests, clearly wanting to this delay to hold them back.


Status:
Monster ID Modifiers:
Culture +20, Engineering +21, Life Science +20, Mysticism +16, Physical Science +20. Include Alien Archive bonus! +2 vs Items
| Sp 28/56 Hp 44/44 | Rp 8/8 | EAC 22 KAC 22 | Fort +7; Ref +13; Will +8; +4 vs Fear, +2 vs Emotion | Evasion, Uncanny Agility | Init +7 | Per +14; Trap Spotter |

"Well I have Jump Jets at least. So that's something! But I'm not sure how they would feel about fiery flying halflings..." Leila ponders their options. Maybe walking slow and carefully would be enough? Simple solutions were usually the best!

851 to 900 of 2,419 << first < prev | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / All over a bit of Drift Rock All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.