All over a bit of Drift Rock

Game Master Azih

Current Track:

Xavra

Map:

Istamak Interior Maps.
Istmak

Picture:
Xavra
Tzayl


2,351 to 2,396 of 2,396 << first < prev | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | 44 | 45 | 46 | 47 | 48 | next > last >>

N Female Human Soldier 1 / Mystic 7 | HP: 47/53 | STAM: 60/60 | EAC: 23 KAC: 25 | F:+5, R:+5, W:+11 | Init: +7 | Perc: +17, SM: +15 | Speed 6 met | Spells: 1st: 0/5 2nd: 2/4 3rd: 3/3 Resolve: 1/8 Healing Touch: 1/2 Ammo: 20/20 | Active conditions:

Ahh OK. I was reading the rules on stabilization and came across the massive damage rules. It seemed from the damage that Cueta took that she took more than her HP in one go, so that's why I asked. Thanks for the clarification!


Spoiler:
2d10 + 20 - 4 ⇒ (2, 7) + 20 - 4 = 25
2d10 + 20 - 4 ⇒ (2, 1) + 20 - 4 = 19

Seeing the second of her companions going down causes the kish to, if anything, scream even louder. She turns on Vek, slashing wildly with swings that actually connect but fail to get by Vek's formidable defenses.

Status: The Kish is in melee range with Vek. Ro is dead. Qo is slumped over on top of Cueta, who is stable. Bo has retreated and is whimpering in the corner. No cover anymore, the kish continues screaming. Round 5 party up.

Damage Tracker:
Astrianna: 53
Cueta: Stable, unconcious 0 HP, 0 SP
Leila:28.
Prospero:1
Vek:1
Qo: 86 damage, retreated.
Ro: Dead from a lot of burns.
Kish: 28 damage


Male NG Vesk Soldier 1 / Solarian 7 | Stamina 39/72 HP 60/60 | EAC 25 KAC 27 | CMB +12, CMD 35 | F: +8, R: +5, W: +6 (+2 vs fear, +2 vs spells, SLA) | Init: +6 | Perc: +11, SM: +4, Low-Light Vision | Speed 35ft | Unattuned 0/3 | Resolve 8/8 | Force Field: HP 5/5 Charges 10/10 | Jetpack 40/40 | Active conditions: None

Vek's fists glow brighter and brighter as he returns the favor on the kish. What if she's... Focus, soldier. She's made of stern stuff and you can't heal her wounds. So do what you can do - give her a safe place to recover. The vesk can't help but let a tear fall at the mental sound of his old squad leader's voice, even if the training exercise he remembers was nothing like this screaming alien on a far-flung planet.

Solar Weapon, Improved Get 'Em, Full Attack: 2d10 + 13 + 2 - 3 ⇒ (6, 1) + 13 + 2 - 3 = 19
Fire damage, Electric damage: 2d6 + 17 + 1d4 ⇒ (6, 3) + 17 + (1) = 27

Solar Weapon, Improved Get 'Em, Full Attack: 2d10 + 13 + 2 - 3 ⇒ (1, 4) + 13 + 2 - 3 = 17
Fire damage, Electric damage: 2d6 + 17 + 1d4 ⇒ (5, 3) + 17 + (1) = 26

Darn - nothing from last round hit the kish? We better start rolling better, lol


CN Female Half-elf Iconic Envoy 8| Sp: 37/56 | Hp 48/48 | Rp: 7/9 | EAC: 20 , KAC: 20 | Fort +4, Ref +10, Will +7 (+9 vs enchantment) | Init: +3 | Percep: +13, 12 Metron darkvision | Condition:

Round 5

"Prospero, I'm going to need you to put that laser into full auto!" She directs, not really caring whether or not it had such a feature. Worst case scenario it didn't, best case scenario it had extra full auto.

She places the front of her pistol over her left wrist to stabilize the shot, then places a beam of destabilizing energy over Vek's shoulder and into the Kish's chest.

Standard action: Improved get 'em on the kish.

pistol attack, get 'em:: 2d10 + 8 + 2 ⇒ (7, 8) + 8 + 2 = 25

acid damage:: 1d10 + 3 ⇒ (9) + 3 = 12


Oh, my mistake, one shot from Prospero got through last round, remind me to add 17 on if I forget again! Of course Prospero also killed Qo and that hasn't been updated either!


Status:
Monster ID Modifiers:
Culture +20, Engineering +21, Life Science +20, Mysticism +16, Physical Science +20. Include Alien Archive bonus! +2 vs Items
| Sp 28/56 Hp 44/44 | Rp 8/8 | EAC 22 KAC 22 | Fort +7; Ref +13; Will +8; +4 vs Fear, +2 vs Emotion | Evasion, Uncanny Agility | Init +7 | Per +14; Trap Spotter |

"Waaaah! Get her away from Cueta now!!!" Leila shrieks as her friend goes down. And they still had like 60 years worth of b-action flicks to go through!

Computer: 2d10 + 19 + 4 ⇒ (4, 3) + 19 + 4 = 30

To Hit!: 2d10 + 11 + 2 ⇒ (9, 4) + 11 + 2 = 26

Damage: Non-Lethal: 1d4 + 3 + 4d8 ⇒ (3) + 3 + (6, 2, 6, 6) = 26


N Android Mechanic 8 | HP:52/52 SP: 64/64 +tmp 10/10 | RP: 8/8 | EAC 21, KAC 23 EAC 21, KAC 24 | F: +8, R: +13, W: +6 (+2 vs disease, mind-affecting effects, poison, and sleep) | Init: +11 | Perc: +15, darkvision 12 mt. | Speed 30ft | Memory module: 1/1 | Current battery plasma: 28/40, street: 30/40 Active conditions:

"The artillery laser functions by first overcharging the capacitors, and then releasing the energy in focused beam." Prospero-4 explains in response to Astrianna, while replacing the weapons battery.

"Meaning, there is no full auto. But rest assured, I will fire as swiftly as the weapon is able to discharge."

The time spent reloading the weapon allowed it to cool, making it easier for the android to make the next shot.

Aphelion laser @kish, eget'em: 2d10 + 14 + 2 ⇒ (3, 7) + 14 + 2 = 26
damage: 3d8 + 8 ⇒ (1, 6, 3) + 8 = 18

"Vek, you seem to be doing well with the creature. Try to keep it away from Cueta, until we can administer first aid."


GM Screen:

2d10 + 20 - 4 ⇒ (7, 4) + 20 - 4 = 27
2d10 + 20 - 4 ⇒ (2, 9) + 20 - 4 = 27
2d10 + 16 - 5 - 8 - 5 ⇒ (9, 1) + 16 - 5 - 8 - 5 = 8
2d10 + 16 - 5 - 8 ⇒ (9, 3) + 16 - 5 - 8 = 15

Everyone other than Vek and Cueta land harsh hits on the berzerking kish. She reels from the assault, bleeding and burned, but lunges back with a vengeance and a pair of slashes cut through all of Vek's formidable defenses.

Two hits, total of 23 damage including DR and shield

She looks like she's on death's door but there's nothing in her stance to suggest she has any desire to stop attempting to murder all of you.

Status: The Kish is incredibly hurt and in melee range with Vek. Ro is dead. Qo is slumped over on top of Cueta, who is stable. Bo has retreated and is whimpering in the corner. No cover anymore, the kish continues screaming. Round 6 party up.
Damage Tracker:
Astrianna: 53
Cueta: Stable, unconcious 0 HP, 0 SP
Leila:28.
Prospero:1
Vek:1+23 damage shield 0/5
Qo: dead
Ro: Dead from a lot of burns.
Kish: 28 damage+17+12+26+18


Male NG Vesk Soldier 1 / Solarian 7 | Stamina 39/72 HP 60/60 | EAC 25 KAC 27 | CMB +12, CMD 35 | F: +8, R: +5, W: +6 (+2 vs fear, +2 vs spells, SLA) | Init: +6 | Perc: +11, SM: +4, Low-Light Vision | Speed 35ft | Unattuned 0/3 | Resolve 8/8 | Force Field: HP 5/5 Charges 10/10 | Jetpack 40/40 | Active conditions: None

Looks like it should be 28 damage - the force field wouldn’t be able to dampen the damage twice.

Vek grunts as the Josh’s blade strikes for the second time, but otherwise gives no response. Just a little more, soldier.

Solar Weapon, Get ‘Em, Full Attack: 2d10 + 13 + 2 - 3 ⇒ (4, 7) + 13 + 2 - 3 = 23
Fire damage, Electric damage: 2d6 + 17 + 1d4 ⇒ (2, 2) + 17 + (1) = 22

Solar Weapon, Get ‘Em, Full Attack: 2d10 + 13 + 2 - 3 ⇒ (7, 1) + 13 + 2 - 3 = 20
Fire damage, Electric damage: 2d6 + 17 + 1d4 ⇒ (6, 2) + 17 + (3) = 28

Forcefield regains 2 hp.


Status:
Monster ID Modifiers:
Culture +20, Engineering +21, Life Science +20, Mysticism +16, Physical Science +20. Include Alien Archive bonus! +2 vs Items
| Sp 28/56 Hp 44/44 | Rp 8/8 | EAC 22 KAC 22 | Fort +7; Ref +13; Will +8; +4 vs Fear, +2 vs Emotion | Evasion, Uncanny Agility | Init +7 | Per +14; Trap Spotter |

A little calmer now that the Kish wasn't wailing on Cueta Leila lined up another shot. They'd have to be fast - she wanted to get that medkid to the fallen friend NOW!!

Computer: 2d10 + 19 + 4 ⇒ (10, 2) + 19 + 4 = 35

To Hit!: 2d10 + 11 + 2 ⇒ (9, 9) + 11 + 2 = 31

Damage: Non-Lethal: 1d4 + 3 + 4d8 ⇒ (2) + 3 + (3, 5, 8, 4) = 25


Vek misses but Leia crit. Vek the weapon is archaic so that was an extra 5 off on both hits

crit damage: 1d4 + 3 + 4d8 ⇒ (2) + 3 + (4, 3, 7, 4) = 23
Yup

Leia's shot catches the enraged Kish right in the face throwing her head back so hard that it snaps into what is probably a very unnatural angle for the species. The axe falls from her fingers right on Qo as she falls back and ends up motionless on the floor.

The fight is over.

Bo goes into a keening wail and scrabbles at the wall, seemingly trying to burrow right through the wall to escape.


Status:
Monster ID Modifiers:
Culture +20, Engineering +21, Life Science +20, Mysticism +16, Physical Science +20. Include Alien Archive bonus! +2 vs Items
| Sp 28/56 Hp 44/44 | Rp 8/8 | EAC 22 KAC 22 | Fort +7; Ref +13; Will +8; +4 vs Fear, +2 vs Emotion | Evasion, Uncanny Agility | Init +7 | Per +14; Trap Spotter |

Non-lethally snapping their neck :P?

The halfling lowers her gun and, for once in her life, doesn't quite know how to solve this mess. She throws a quick sad glance at Bo but she needed to fix her friend first. Kneeling down she opened up her med-kit to try and make sure she at least wouldn't get worse. "Cueta! Can you hear me?" she pleads. "A healing serum as well?"

First Aid?: 2d10 + 19 ⇒ (6, 8) + 19 = 33


Oh missed the non lethal bit. You can do a medicine check to realize Kish heads do turn in that direction and she is breathing though thoroughly knocked out. Cueta is also breathing and stable. Could use some healing though.


CN Female Half-elf Iconic Envoy 8| Sp: 37/56 | Hp 48/48 | Rp: 7/9 | EAC: 20 , KAC: 20 | Fort +4, Ref +10, Will +7 (+9 vs enchantment) | Init: +3 | Percep: +13, 12 Metron darkvision | Condition:

Astrinna tracks the body of the Kish with her pistol even as it goes to the ground, lingering for a second just to make sure it was dead. She understands, now, how this species once conquered their solar system and beyond.

"Yeah, I got you." Follows Leila's request, and the vlogger hustles over with a cheap vial of healing serum. "Looks like we've already used up all the good stuff. I mean, worst case scenario you could reprogram that gene therapy device we found and stick Cueta in it, right?" She postulates, before glancing over at the wailing dog-thing and seriously considering putting it out of its misery.

"That, or we throw her back in the freezer until we return to Pact space." There was a simple confidence in her voice that said it was all going to work out, and no one was going to die. "Well, get her walking at least, then we have to keep moving."

All we have are 7 MK1 healing serums, 4 antitoxin and a bunch of medpatches.


there's treat deadly wounds also if you guys have some sort of medkit.


Male NG Vesk Soldier 1 / Solarian 7 | Stamina 39/72 HP 60/60 | EAC 25 KAC 27 | CMB +12, CMD 35 | F: +8, R: +5, W: +6 (+2 vs fear, +2 vs spells, SLA) | Init: +6 | Perc: +11, SM: +4, Low-Light Vision | Speed 35ft | Unattuned 0/3 | Resolve 8/8 | Force Field: HP 5/5 Charges 10/10 | Jetpack 40/40 | Active conditions: None

The flame around Vek’s fists goes out like someone pulled the plug on a information hub. Looking down at his fallen comrade, the vesk tries uselessly to help. ”I’ll, uh, get out of your way,” he says at last, moving to give the doctor and Prospero better access to their patient while he keeps an eye on their surroundings. Don’t need something else jumping out at us.

After a few minutes, the soldier’s gaze falls on the small... lion? ape? dog? creature whimpering into the wall. ”Sorry.” The word falls from his lips heavily. ”She wouldn’t stop otherwise, and, well, if we let her turn us away, everyone here could die. Though that’s probably about as comforting as a four-armed skittermander to you right now.” He sighs, then digs through his belt pouch for a half-eaten ration bar. ”Here - least we can do for you.”

Survival: 2d10 + 4 ⇒ (9, 9) + 4 = 22


Status:
Monster ID Modifiers:
Culture +20, Engineering +21, Life Science +20, Mysticism +16, Physical Science +20. Include Alien Archive bonus! +2 vs Items
| Sp 28/56 Hp 44/44 | Rp 8/8 | EAC 22 KAC 22 | Fort +7; Ref +13; Will +8; +4 vs Fear, +2 vs Emotion | Evasion, Uncanny Agility | Init +7 | Per +14; Trap Spotter |

Leila nods solemnly as Vek deals with the puppy. Poor thing didn't deserve to see this. And aaargh! It wouldn't have had been necessary either if that Kith hadn't been so hard-headed. Or if some evil egomaniacs didn't want to blow up the universe. Sigh!

She turned to Cueta "Pew! She's breathing at least. Aight. Let me see ..." After a briefly stretching she reached into the creepy Eoxian medkit. She rummaged among the far too many needles, syringes with goop and staple-on patches until she found the invigorating balm she was looking for. After a careful application of that - and some EoxTech GlueOnFlesh for good measure - she hoped Cueta would at least come to it. Probably wouldn't feel good but ... Alive at least.

Treat Deadly Wounds: Cueta. DC 25: 2d10 + 19 ⇒ (5, 10) + 19 = 34

Then she turned to the Kish and leaned over her huge head and chest to listen for a breath. "After all this I'd almost not try to revive her if I can. But someone needs to take care of the small one ... Unless we want an alien puppy?" The halfling was starting to have second thoughts about this. After all she *did* want an alien puppy! Hmm. Hmmmm.

Alive?: 2d10 + 19 ⇒ (1, 5) + 19 = 25


N Female Human Soldier 1 / Mystic 7 | HP: 47/53 | STAM: 60/60 | EAC: 23 KAC: 25 | F:+5, R:+5, W:+11 | Init: +7 | Perc: +17, SM: +15 | Speed 6 met | Spells: 1st: 0/5 2nd: 2/4 3rd: 3/3 Resolve: 1/8 Healing Touch: 1/2 Ammo: 20/20 | Active conditions:

Cueta sits up, ramrod straight, and frowns. Well, I've been almost dead three times now. Maybe fourth time's the charm?

"Thanks, eh, Leila. I owe you a trid next time we're on autopilot." Closing her eyes, Cueta thinks of the light, and the flapping of wings, and feels her wounds knit shut.[/b]

Groaning a bit as she stands, Cueta sits back down. "Still gonna need a minute, yeah."

The pilot pulls her rifle, just in case the dog gets up to any funny business. That one seemed all right though.

"It doesn't seem so bad. Not like it'll steal your children while you sleep bad, anyways."

Dogs. Cueta shudders, and waits to catch her breath.

Using healing power and again from her staff, and spending a point of resolve. Will take 25 minutes of time, and then she'll be full hp/stamina. Then, let's keep on keeping on!


Okay Cueta got 12 HP back from Leila's treatment as well if that affects the number of uses of healing power. How much Resolve do you have left Cueta?

Bo, snuffles in the direction of the ration bar for a moment, at least interested in it, before resuming trying to whine and whimper as it stays in its corner. The stink of blood and the sight of the dead seems to have completely unnerved the half grown animal.

Anyone else doing anything for the 25 mins?

When the group has reorganized and is ready to move on they enter the room to the north which is a small reading room with a ten foot long table ringed by chairs. The table is scored by hundreds of shallow gouges, seemingly random. On the northern wall is a metal shutter with a sign that says in Kish "Be Back Soon".

Your schematic of this level of the Foundry shows that there is a hidden door right next to it, which leads to the Secured Records Archive. It's the only room left on this level.

Actions?


Status:
Monster ID Modifiers:
Culture +20, Engineering +21, Life Science +20, Mysticism +16, Physical Science +20. Include Alien Archive bonus! +2 vs Items
| Sp 28/56 Hp 44/44 | Rp 8/8 | EAC 22 KAC 22 | Fort +7; Ref +13; Will +8; +4 vs Fear, +2 vs Emotion | Evasion, Uncanny Agility | Init +7 | Per +14; Trap Spotter |

"Mm. Someone needs to take care of Bo." Leila agreed. She dragged the weapons of the kish away from her before starting to give her the same treatment she had given Cueta. But it doesn't *quite* seem to be working. "Uh. Hmm. A bit of help?"

Medicine: Treat Deadly Wounds: 2d10 + 19 ⇒ (3, 2) + 19 = 24


Male NG Vesk Soldier 1 / Solarian 7 | Stamina 39/72 HP 60/60 | EAC 25 KAC 27 | CMB +12, CMD 35 | F: +8, R: +5, W: +6 (+2 vs fear, +2 vs spells, SLA) | Init: +6 | Perc: +11, SM: +4, Low-Light Vision | Speed 35ft | Unattuned 0/3 | Resolve 8/8 | Force Field: HP 5/5 Charges 10/10 | Jetpack 40/40 | Active conditions: None

Vek hands Leila a bottle of spray-adhesive for gluing wounds shut. ”It’s standard battle procedure - at least by vesk standards. But it should work on Kish as well, and it’s quicker than stitches.”

Medicine (to Aid?), Sidereal Influence: 2d10 + 11 + 1d6 ⇒ (8, 3) + 11 + (5) = 27


GM Screen:
2d10 ⇒ (10, 4) = 14
2d10 ⇒ (10, 6) = 16

The kish slowly comes back to consciousness as Vek aids Leila with the unfamiliar biology. It's really weird how far around their heads can rotate.

As her eyes blink and refocus she realizes what's happening and lunges at Leila.

I'll kill all of you, you murdering monsters. she hisses.

Annnd.. she lost initiative. She's prone but seems intent on unarmed attacking Leila. She has 8 HP.


CN Female Half-elf Iconic Envoy 8| Sp: 37/56 | Hp 48/48 | Rp: 7/9 | EAC: 20 , KAC: 20 | Fort +4, Ref +10, Will +7 (+9 vs enchantment) | Init: +3 | Percep: +13, 12 Metron darkvision | Condition:

Astrianna stands by with her hands on her hips, waiting until Cueta was on her feet. "Phew, welcome back. Thought we'd have to stuff you in the freezer again." The half-elf rolls her eyes when Leila expresses concern for Bo, and then looks aghast when she starts adminitering medical aid to the kish. "What! That kish is crazy, and she nearly killed Cueta! That stupid thing is a dog, it'll get out of here, go eat someone's cat, and s$%+ on the street outside or whatever. We don't have time for this and our medical supplies are limited!"

Astrianna points the kish's neck. "Besides, I'm no doctor but look at her neck! You'd need the best multi-racial magi-medical team on Absalom station to revive someone from having their head spun around 180 degrees."

Astrianna is strongly opposed to reviving the kish, if such a thing is possible.

She will take a 10 minute rest to recover stamina while Cueta is doing her thing.

The room with the messsed-up table gives the vlogger pause, litterally, as she catches some high-definition footage of the table. "What were they doing in here, playing the kish version of mumbly peg? Or was this some kind of store?" Mystified, she shrugs and goes to open the secret door that leads to the Records Room.


CN Female Half-elf Iconic Envoy 8| Sp: 37/56 | Hp 48/48 | Rp: 7/9 | EAC: 20 , KAC: 20 | Fort +4, Ref +10, Will +7 (+9 vs enchantment) | Init: +3 | Percep: +13, 12 Metron darkvision | Condition:

GM and I posted on top of one another, oops.

The second the kish opens its eyes, Astrianna can sense the murderous intent based on a life of reading alien body langauge.

Just as the words exit the kish's mouth the vlogger's pistol flies from her hip and she pops her right between the eyes.

Free action: Draw lasier disintegrator pistol

Standard action: Improved get 'em on kish.

pistol shot: 2d10 + 8 + 2 ⇒ (9, 2) + 8 + 2 = 21

acid damage: 1d10 + 3 ⇒ (6) + 3 = 9

"Wow!" Astrianna says with sarcastic and feigned excitement. "I sure love wasting ammo and medical supplies!" She continues, pulling the trigger on her pistol and shooting the kish in the head again. Ichor splashes all over Leila as the kish's brain is disintegrated on a molecular level. "Especially when we're in an uncharted solar system with no hope of a resupply while trying to save THE F!$+ING GALAXY." Astrianna yells at Leila before giving the Kish corpse a good, swift kick that the vlogger wishes she could give to the halfling instead.

"How about you listen to the expert on alien psychology next time you want to revive some crazy jacked-up killer? No one wants to be your friend after you've beat them up and killed their dogs! Why did you think that was going to work?"

"Let's GO." Is said with the authority of command, and it looks like Astrianna is about to shoot the kish again just for good measure before she shakes her head and stomps off.


Male NG Vesk Soldier 1 / Solarian 7 | Stamina 39/72 HP 60/60 | EAC 25 KAC 27 | CMB +12, CMD 35 | F: +8, R: +5, W: +6 (+2 vs fear, +2 vs spells, SLA) | Init: +6 | Perc: +11, SM: +4, Low-Light Vision | Speed 35ft | Unattuned 0/3 | Resolve 8/8 | Force Field: HP 5/5 Charges 10/10 | Jetpack 40/40 | Active conditions: None

"Easy there." Vek quickly moves to restrain the kish before she can hurt herself - or Leila. "Don't move to fast or you'll tear those wounds back open. And believe me, you don't want to rip glued holes back open."

Grapple: 2d10 + 13 ⇒ (4, 4) + 13 = 21

Hah! Speaking of posting over the top of each other!


The kish doesn't even get to finish her sentiment before a stream of acid hits her right in the face and splashes up her mouth. She jerks convulsively back with an agonized gurgle that ends with her silently leaking acid and various internal bodily fluids from her mouth all over the floor.

Bo starts wailing all over again.

She's dead.


N Female Human Soldier 1 / Mystic 7 | HP: 47/53 | STAM: 60/60 | EAC: 23 KAC: 25 | F:+5, R:+5, W:+11 | Init: +7 | Perc: +17, SM: +15 | Speed 6 met | Spells: 1st: 0/5 2nd: 2/4 3rd: 3/3 Resolve: 1/8 Healing Touch: 1/2 Ammo: 20/20 | Active conditions:

GM, I have one RP


N Android Mechanic 8 | HP:52/52 SP: 64/64 +tmp 10/10 | RP: 8/8 | EAC 21, KAC 23 EAC 21, KAC 24 | F: +8, R: +13, W: +6 (+2 vs disease, mind-affecting effects, poison, and sleep) | Init: +11 | Perc: +15, darkvision 12 mt. | Speed 30ft | Memory module: 1/1 | Current battery plasma: 28/40, street: 30/40 Active conditions:

"Cueta, are you able to continue?" Prospero-4 asks. Oblivious as he is to human emotions, he can see plainly that the frozen warrior is not well.

Not sure if going back would be an option either, the android studies the schematic and tries to locate the hidden door.


N Female Human Soldier 1 / Mystic 7 | HP: 47/53 | STAM: 60/60 | EAC: 23 KAC: 25 | F:+5, R:+5, W:+11 | Init: +7 | Perc: +17, SM: +15 | Speed 6 met | Spells: 1st: 0/5 2nd: 2/4 3rd: 3/3 Resolve: 1/8 Healing Touch: 1/2 Ammo: 20/20 | Active conditions:

Grunting as she wobbles to her feet, Cueta lifts her ax and compares it to the dead kish's, trying to suss out which is of better quality.

"Aye, I'm okay, yeah?" Cueta says, nodding to the Android, appreciative. "I mean, I've been killed three times now, but not for ever, chinney? Beginning to think I might be a god..."

Resting the best quality ax of the two on her shoulder, Cueta starts after the vlogger. "'Not it' on shipbreaking the pooch."

How would that work? Think the kish have some puppy pads?


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Status:
Monster ID Modifiers:
Culture +20, Engineering +21, Life Science +20, Mysticism +16, Physical Science +20. Include Alien Archive bonus! +2 vs Items
| Sp 28/56 Hp 44/44 | Rp 8/8 | EAC 22 KAC 22 | Fort +7; Ref +13; Will +8; +4 vs Fear, +2 vs Emotion | Evasion, Uncanny Agility | Init +7 | Per +14; Trap Spotter |

"*Sigh*" Leila grimaces and wipes away the alien bits. "At least you both have just as much working brain now."


GM Screen:

Astrianna Init: 2d10 + 3 ⇒ (8, 9) + 3 = 20
Leila Init: 2d10 + 7 ⇒ (5, 5) + 7 = 17
Prospero Init: 2d10 + 11 ⇒ (10, 1) + 11 = 22
Vek Init: 2d10 + 6 ⇒ (1, 1) + 6 = 8
Cueta Init: 2d10 + 7 ⇒ (9, 7) + 7 = 23
2d10 ⇒ (8, 1) = 9
2d10 ⇒ (3, 1) = 4

A lot of good Survival Handle Animal checks should do it for Bo.

Knowing of the hidden door allows the group to pretty easily open it. This deep in the facility hiding the door was more meant to prevent nuisances rather than any real security.

On the other side they find shelves holding a staggering array of the triangular crystal datapads they've been running across all over the island of Istamak. They are lined up on the walls and scattered across the room. A small desk sits in front of the shuttered window adjacent to the hidden entrance. A balcony holding even more shelves stretches across all but the southern wall.

Atop the northern balcony, staring down at the group is an imperious looking kish with a very rigid bearing and armor that glows red.

I knew the ancestors would send more demons to test us. Curing us of our naivety and weakness. The fools that thought you peaceful emissaries are exiled as they should be. You will corrupt us no longer; no longer defile our sacred places. I will personally see to it that you are burned and your ashes scattered to the clouds below. You tell my ancestors that Xavra knows and stands strong. I will always stand strong. He makes a motion with one hand and four warriors standing near the back of the room heft their weapons and start towards you! With his other he draws a very dangerous looking pistol. A very sharp looking longsword is strapped to this back.

You guys win initiative. Everyone is in D7, you guys are clustered around the S. Xavra is in the middle of top balcony, The four kish are basically around you, a move action away from anyone not screened by bodyguards. The Kish don't look like anything special, Xavra seems to have some fancy weapons and armor though. Heirloom level stuff. There is a step ladder kind of thing in the North West corner by which you can get from the first floor to the balcony. You guys won initiative! Party up! Final Boss time!


N Female Human Soldier 1 / Mystic 7 | HP: 47/53 | STAM: 60/60 | EAC: 23 KAC: 25 | F:+5, R:+5, W:+11 | Init: +7 | Perc: +17, SM: +15 | Speed 6 met | Spells: 1st: 0/5 2nd: 2/4 3rd: 3/3 Resolve: 1/8 Healing Touch: 1/2 Ammo: 20/20 | Active conditions:

Light flares from the pilot's body, brilliant and blinding. Drawing her ax, Cueta waits for the Kish to come to her - there was no point in putting herself into harm's way too early.

"Oi, behind me, chinney!"

Cueta knew one thing for sure as the Kish closed in - she'd get her hands on that longsword or die trying...

Mechanics/Starlight form:
Standard action to use starlight form. She'll wait for the bad guys to come to her this time.

Starlight Form (Su) You can transform yourself into blazing starlight as a standard action. Your body sheds normal light in a 30-foot radius, and you gain the benefits of concealment (20% miss chance). At 7th level, a creature that ends its turn adjacent to your starlight form must succeed at a Fortitude save or be blinded for 1 round. You can maintain your starlight form for a number of minutes per day equal to your mystic level; this duration does not need to be continuous, but it must be used in 1-minute increments. You can forgo the ability’s concealment and blinding aspects to instead simply shed light, though this still counts against the ability’s duration for the day.


CN Female Half-elf Iconic Envoy 8| Sp: 37/56 | Hp 48/48 | Rp: 7/9 | EAC: 20 , KAC: 20 | Fort +4, Ref +10, Will +7 (+9 vs enchantment) | Init: +3 | Percep: +13, 12 Metron darkvision | Condition:

Astrianna glances around at all the records as they enter the room, whistling in a high key. "Some nerd at the Starfinder Society is going to suffer a cardiac malfunction when they see all of THIS." She jokes over their comms before noticing the glowing Kish up on the balcony.

Xavra's monologue is uninterrupted- the vlogger couldn't have asked for a better opening to the climax of their adventure in the lost empire of the Kish. "Not bad for last words!" She projects over her suit's speakers in the Kish's native langauge. "All out of favors today, though. You'll have to tell your ancestors yourself while you're standing in line at The Boneyard."

The half-elf's cultist pistol suddenly appears in her hands, and she fires a shot at one of hte approaching warriors. "Focus on my target! Take these tough bastards down one at a time!"

Free action: Draw liquid disintegrator pistol[/opc]

[ooc]Standard action: Improved Get 'em on kish warrior #1

pistol attack, get 'em: 2d10 + 8 + 2 ⇒ (3, 1) + 8 + 2 = 14

acid damage: 1d10 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7


Male NG Vesk Soldier 1 / Solarian 7 | Stamina 39/72 HP 60/60 | EAC 25 KAC 27 | CMB +12, CMD 35 | F: +8, R: +5, W: +6 (+2 vs fear, +2 vs spells, SLA) | Init: +6 | Perc: +11, SM: +4, Low-Light Vision | Speed 35ft | Unattuned 0/3 | Resolve 8/8 | Force Field: HP 5/5 Charges 10/10 | Jetpack 40/40 | Active conditions: None

”Roger that, Captain.” Vek’s fists ignite as he blasts towards the indicated warrior.

Solar Weapon, Get ‘Em, Charge: 2d10 + 13 + 2 - 2 ⇒ (8, 5) + 13 + 2 - 2 = 26
Fire damage, Electric damage: 2d6 + 17 + 1d4 ⇒ (2, 5) + 17 + (2) = 26

Move action to activate Plasma Sheath, standard to use Stellar Rush for the charge.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
N Android Mechanic 8 | HP:52/52 SP: 64/64 +tmp 10/10 | RP: 8/8 | EAC 21, KAC 23 EAC 21, KAC 24 | F: +8, R: +13, W: +6 (+2 vs disease, mind-affecting effects, poison, and sleep) | Init: +11 | Perc: +15, darkvision 12 mt. | Speed 30ft | Memory module: 1/1 | Current battery plasma: 28/40, street: 30/40 Active conditions:

"We are in peace with Tzayl and her followers. But your aggression we meet with aggression." Prospero-4 responds to Xavra's boasting, and points his weapon toward Astrianna's target.

"And because your hostility and aggression, we will kill you. And you and your kin will be no more. Is this irony? Or is it evolution?" he continues, although not sure if talking to the kish or just saying his thoughts out loud.

But this line of thought ends when he pulls the trigger and starts blasting the kish.

Aphelion laser, get'em, full attack: 2d10 + 14 + 2 - 2 ⇒ (6, 2) + 14 + 2 - 2 = 22
damage: 3d8 + 8 ⇒ (3, 3, 1) + 8 = 15
Aphelion laser, get'em, full attack: 2d10 + 14 + 2 - 2 ⇒ (2, 2) + 14 + 2 - 2 = 18
damage: 3d8 + 8 ⇒ (6, 4, 5) + 8 = 23


The first kish grunt goes down in a barrage of laser fire and a fiery punch from Vek.

The demons are overwhelming! They cannot be stopped! One of the others shrieks as they witness the focused carnage.

Leila to go. Three kish on the first floor and Xavra up top left.


Status:
Monster ID Modifiers:
Culture +20, Engineering +21, Life Science +20, Mysticism +16, Physical Science +20. Include Alien Archive bonus! +2 vs Items
| Sp 28/56 Hp 44/44 | Rp 8/8 | EAC 22 KAC 22 | Fort +7; Ref +13; Will +8; +4 vs Fear, +2 vs Emotion | Evasion, Uncanny Agility | Init +7 | Per +14; Trap Spotter |

Will deal with Bo later I suppose

Leila draws her pistol and shoots at the closest target. Pew pew?

Trick: 2d10 + 19 + 4 ⇒ (7, 6) + 19 + 4 = 36

Attack: 2d10 + 11 ⇒ (10, 7) + 11 = 28

Damage?: 1d8 + 3 + 4d8 ⇒ (3) + 3 + (3, 4, 7, 2) = 22


GM Screen:
2d10 + 6 ⇒ (4, 3) + 6 = 13
2d10 + 13 ⇒ (1, 9) + 13 = 23
2d10 + 13 ⇒ (10, 3) + 13 = 26
2d10 + 19 ⇒ (4, 3) + 19 = 26
2d6 + 10 ⇒ (4, 5) + 10 = 19

The shrieking one gets shot right in the chest and cowers. The other two rush in, one next to Vek and the other next to Cueta. The one who gets close to Cueta screams I CAN'T SEE! as he's blinded. He swings out wildly and misses Cueta completely.

The other swings hard at Vek and barely misses.

A dark energy starts swirling around Xavra and he fires his heirloom pistol right at what he thinks is the leader of the group. Which is Astrianna. Being the grand hunstmaster of the Kish it's not suprising that it hits Astrianna easily.

Astrianna gets hit for 19 cold damage.

Status. Xavra is standing on the balcony shooting cold down on you. One kish is cowering, another is blinded next to Cueta, another is next to Vek, another is dead. The group is pretty clustered near the door other than Vek who is a little way in. Round 2 party up.

Status Tracker
Astrianna 19 damage
Kish #1 dead. First Round Barrage.
Kish #2 22 damage. Scared
Kish #3 Blinded by the light
Kish #4 Undamaged
Xavra undamaged


N Female Human Soldier 1 / Mystic 7 | HP: 47/53 | STAM: 60/60 | EAC: 23 KAC: 25 | F:+5, R:+5, W:+11 | Init: +7 | Perc: +17, SM: +15 | Speed 6 met | Spells: 1st: 0/5 2nd: 2/4 3rd: 3/3 Resolve: 1/8 Healing Touch: 1/2 Ammo: 20/20 | Active conditions:

That's new Cueta thinks as she swings her axe, and then swings it again, at the screaming kish. "Maybe don't get too close!" Cueta yells, her excitement making her voice rise. "I'm blinding things!"

Full attack the blinded kish with the assault ax.

full attack: 2d10 + 10 - 4 ⇒ (7, 10) + 10 - 4 = 23
damage: 2d10 + 12 ⇒ (9, 6) + 12 = 27

full attack: 2d10 + 10 - 4 ⇒ (9, 9) + 10 - 4 = 24
damage: 2d10 + 12 ⇒ (4, 9) + 12 = 25


CN Female Half-elf Iconic Envoy 8| Sp: 37/56 | Hp 48/48 | Rp: 7/9 | EAC: 20 , KAC: 20 | Fort +4, Ref +10, Will +7 (+9 vs enchantment) | Init: +3 | Percep: +13, 12 Metron darkvision | Condition:

Round 2

"Oh s@+$!" Astrianna recoils, trying to move out of the way as soon as she sees Xavra level his pistol at her. It seemed he actually knew how to track a target though, and a blast of cold passes over the vlogger's sophisticated (and very expensive) shields.

"Woo!" She says with a shiver as her suit starts de-fogging her viewscreen. "That was just enough to make my nips hard, give me some more of that!" It was a calculated taunt- firstly, her viewers would love it, and secondly, the more heat she took off her companions the fresher they would be when they all bum-rush Xavra.

Still, she wasn't about to stand around and do nothing. Her pistol whips up, squeezing off a shot at the huntmaster. "Prospero, focus your shots on shots Xavra! Everyone else, take care of the rabble!"

Standard action: Improved get'em. Use 1 RP to apply +2 to hit to ALL enemies within line of sight for this turn. Attacking Xavra.

pistol attack, get 'em: 2d10 + 8 + 2 ⇒ (8, 4) + 8 + 2 = 22

pistol damage: 1d10 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4

Everyone gets +2 to attack this turn, no matter the target!


Male NG Vesk Soldier 1 / Solarian 7 | Stamina 39/72 HP 60/60 | EAC 25 KAC 27 | CMB +12, CMD 35 | F: +8, R: +5, W: +6 (+2 vs fear, +2 vs spells, SLA) | Init: +6 | Perc: +11, SM: +4, Low-Light Vision | Speed 35ft | Unattuned 0/3 | Resolve 8/8 | Force Field: HP 5/5 Charges 10/10 | Jetpack 40/40 | Active conditions: None

Ooo, me likey!

Vek turns his attention to the unharmed kish. ”Your surrender will be honored,” he states, hoping for what seems the hundredth time that the Captain’s translation software was as good as she claimed. Or, barring that, that the kish would stand down rather than fight to the death like the huntmaster earlier.

Solar Weapon, Get ‘Em, Full Attack: 2d10 + 13 + 2 - 3 ⇒ (9, 3) + 13 + 2 - 3 = 24
Fire damage, Electric damage: 2d6 + 17 + 1d4 ⇒ (1, 1) + 17 + (3) = 22

Solar Weapon, Get ‘Em, Full Attack: 2d10 + 13 + 2 - 3 ⇒ (8, 9) + 13 + 2 - 3 = 29
Fire damage, Electric damage: 2d6 + 17 + 1d4 ⇒ (4, 2) + 17 + (1) = 24

Attacking #4.


2 people marked this as a favorite.
N Android Mechanic 8 | HP:52/52 SP: 64/64 +tmp 10/10 | RP: 8/8 | EAC 21, KAC 23 EAC 21, KAC 24 | F: +8, R: +13, W: +6 (+2 vs disease, mind-affecting effects, poison, and sleep) | Init: +11 | Perc: +15, darkvision 12 mt. | Speed 30ft | Memory module: 1/1 | Current battery plasma: 28/40, street: 30/40 Active conditions:

"Affirmative." Prospero-4 nods and focuses his eyes on the Kish leader.

A vicious grin on his face, the android moves his hand to the power feed controls of his artillery laser. Like most weapon of its type, the power levels of the Aphelion laser can be turned up to "ten". But years of training and eccentric knowledge gathered across the universe has thought Prospero-4 the secrets of turning the dial all the way up to ELEVEN!

move action: miracle worker (+2 attack/damage for 1 minute)

The laser cannon hums and almost glows in light as it bleeds energy. The android stands in satisfied silence, and starts shooting Xavra.

Aphelion laser, get'em, miracle: 2d10 + 14 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (5, 2) + 14 + 2 + 2 = 25
damage, miracle: 3d8 + 8 + 2 ⇒ (1, 2, 3) + 8 + 2 = 16


Status:
Monster ID Modifiers:
Culture +20, Engineering +21, Life Science +20, Mysticism +16, Physical Science +20. Include Alien Archive bonus! +2 vs Items
| Sp 28/56 Hp 44/44 | Rp 8/8 | EAC 22 KAC 22 | Fort +7; Ref +13; Will +8; +4 vs Fear, +2 vs Emotion | Evasion, Uncanny Agility | Init +7 | Per +14; Trap Spotter |

Leila darts towards cover and fires a thunderbolt towards the one fighting Vek.

Trick: 2d10 + 19 + 4 ⇒ (2, 6) + 19 + 4 = 31

Attack: 2d10 + 11 + 2 ⇒ (7, 10) + 11 + 2 = 30

Damage?: 1d8 + 3 + 4d8 ⇒ (3) + 3 + (6, 4, 5, 4) = 25


GM Screen:
2d10 + 19 ⇒ (10, 5) + 19 = 34
2d6 + 10 ⇒ (6, 3) + 10 = 19

Vek and Leila combine to take another of the kish out while Cueta's axe slashes deeply twice at the blind one. The blind one stumbles back from the pain and shock but has enough wits to keep their guard up as they retreat.

From above Xavra does not even deign to react as his glowing armor seems to deflect or absorb the shots sent his way. He shouts to the scared one. FIGHT! SO YOU MAY GO TO OUR ANCESTORS WITH HEAD HELD HIGH! DO NOT FALTER!

The coward seems like they'll heed their leader's words but seeing another dead right in front of them and a third reeling with a lot of blood spurting out, realizes that they're pretty much the only one left on the ground floor to face the demons alone.

They continue to cower.

The dark energy intensifies around Xavra as another unerringly accurate shot hits Astrianna dead on. Disgusting demon, I will cleanse Istimak of your filthy presence! he growls.

Astrianna gets hit for another 19 cold damage.

Status. Xavra is standing on the balcony shooting cold down on you. One kish is cowering, another is blinded, 2 metrons from Cueta, two are dead. The group is pretty clustered near the door other than Vek who is a little way in and Leila who is behind a bookshelf. It's a really tight room though. Round 3 party up.

Status Tracker
Astrianna 19+19 damage
Kish #1 dead. First Round Barrage.
Kish #2 22 damage. Scared
Kish #3 Blinded by the light. 52 damage.
Kish #4 dead. Round 2 Vek & Leila
Xavra undamaged


Oh wait a minute, slight modification. Cueta CRIT with the second swing. Yeah Kish #3 was decapitated, Cueta is covered in kish blood, and Kish #2 is making a sound a lot like the one Bo made.


N Female Human Soldier 1 / Mystic 7 | HP: 47/53 | STAM: 60/60 | EAC: 23 KAC: 25 | F:+5, R:+5, W:+11 | Init: +7 | Perc: +17, SM: +15 | Speed 6 met | Spells: 1st: 0/5 2nd: 2/4 3rd: 3/3 Resolve: 1/8 Healing Touch: 1/2 Ammo: 20/20 | Active conditions:

Thanks, GM! The 2d10 system still throws me for a loop sometimes.

Cueta spits some bone from her mouth and smiles, looking positively insane. For once, things seemed to be going her way. Enemies were falling right and left, the bad guy was shooting someone else, and she'd not once (so far) been impaled, killed, burned, or impregnated.

Hefting her ax, the pilot looks for the way up top.

Can't really tell from the map how to get up top. Cueta will move up a stairway if there is one in the room. Otherwise, she'll start climbing a bookcase and jump if it seems feasible.

2d10 ⇒ (8, 4) = 12 26 acrobatics, 27 athletics if needed.

2,351 to 2,396 of 2,396 << first < prev | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | 44 | 45 | 46 | 47 | 48 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / All over a bit of Drift Rock All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.