Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
About Paizo Messageboards News Paizo Blog Help/FAQ
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game

Starfinder


Pathfinder Society


Pathfinder Adventure Card Game


Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Ignore this


Advice

1 to 50 of 95 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | next > last >>

I'm really bad at math.


Also, I ask about these things to see if anyone can break it down.

Please, nitpick away to make it not work.

I wanna make sure the build has some sort of way of dealing with every rules argument, and if that can't be achieved, leave it in the trash bin.


12 cubic feet spread over a 68'x12' area is 1/68 of a foot in depth. Between 1/5 and 1/6 of an inch. Not 3 feet.


avr wrote:
12 cubic feet spread over a 68'x12' area is 1/68 of a foot in depth. Between 1/5 and 1/6 of an inch. Not 3 feet.

Thanks.

Apparently I need to learn how to math.

Been way too long since I did anything meanigful.

And I misunderstood what cubic feet was, apparently.


1 person marked this as a favorite.

Mysterious thread is mysterious.


Pathfinder Adventure Path Subscriber
VRMH wrote:
Mysterious thread is mysterious.

You ain't just a whistlin' Dixie...


2 people marked this as a favorite.

I guess we can work backwards based on the information that the spell, ability, or effect generates 12 cubic feet of something. What creates 12 cubic feet?


1 person marked this as a favorite.

Ha! I know what it was about. :-)


1 person marked this as a favorite.

I'm ignoring this.


1 person marked this as a favorite.

You'll never guess.

And even if you think you know, you're way off.


1 person marked this as a favorite.

Ignoring this as well.


3 people marked this as a favorite.

It was pretty ridiculous. I might try to make it work by another method.


1 person marked this as a favorite.

Never! If you command me to ignore this my rebellious side forces me to pay attention to this thread.

*Stares at thread with attention*

The Exchange

2 people marked this as a favorite.

get's in line beside Kileanna and joins in STARE!

Shadow Lodge

1 person marked this as a favorite.

I'm ignoring you right now.


Pathfinder Adventure Path Subscriber

*Joins with a Carebear Cousins Stare*


2 people marked this as a favorite.

*leaps on and devours staring people who aren't paying attention to their surroundings*


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Battles Case Subscriber

I'm going to create some water on the signal fire that is this thread. If I divide 12 gallons by 17 posts, will I have enough?


1 person marked this as a favorite.

I call forth the power of a thousand succubi in a grapple to keep this thread running in an act of rebellion against the title of this thread!


1 person marked this as a favorite.
MichaelCullen wrote:
I'm going to create some water on the signal fire that is this thread. If I divide 12 gallons by 17 posts, will I have enough?

A gallon is only about .133 cubic feet though, so it can't be create water.

The Exchange

1 person marked this as a favorite.
PossibleCabbage wrote:
MichaelCullen wrote:
I'm going to create some water on the signal fire that is this thread. If I divide 12 gallons by 17 posts, will I have enough?
A gallon is only about .133 cubic feet though, so it can't be create water.

shrink item from a 6th level caster would be 12 Cubic Feet... maybe? shrinking a volume of water maybe? nah, makes no sense...


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Adventure Path Subscriber
Kileanna wrote:
I call forth the power of a thousand succubi in a grapple to keep this thread running in an act of rebellion against the title of this thread!

*Ahem*


1 person marked this as a favorite.

Nobody will ignore this thread again!
Mwahahahaa

So... It's an advice thread. Do you want some advice?


Man, I don't even know anymore, what am I doing with my life-!


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Vlaeros wrote:
Man, I don't even know anymore, what am I doing with my life-!

Living it.

My advice is that you think of it...about two seconds and then continue living it.

More advice needed?


There is a succubus nearby. Please advise?


1 person marked this as a favorite.

This title is like bait for chaotic neutral people.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Vlaeros wrote:

There is a succubus nearby. Please advise?

Grapple her and enjoy forever.

This is the best thread title for a thread on which I provide advice. The title is actually the best advice of what to do with my advice.

Liberty's Edge

1 person marked this as a favorite.

Anarchy! This thread is Anarchy!


2 people marked this as a favorite.

And the poor manta ray in the closet that started this has been entirely forgotten.


1 person marked this as a favorite.

I don't even know what was the original thread about

As Chromatic Durgon said, the title just appealed my most chaotic side.


1 person marked this as a favorite.

Since this has become a thread about Succubi...

Is there actually a way to gain immunity to the level drain from a Succubus to which a living PC has access? I've only ever found temporary solutions and all of them are rather expensive.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Adventure Path Subscriber
Kileanna wrote:

I don't even know what was the original thread about

As Chromatic Durgon said, the title just appealed my most chaotic side.

It involved a Manta Ray, there were no Succubi.


ShroudedInLight wrote:

Since this has become a thread about Succubi...

Is there actually a way to gain immunity to the level drain from a Succubus to which a living PC has access? I've only ever found temporary solutions and all of them are rather expensive.

Hey! HEY!

You know where that sort of talk goes!

ಠ_ಠ


Since... when are you about following the rules...?


Since I... since you... since he... since... SHUT UP!


1 person marked this as a favorite.

How did this get this out of hand?

Alright, well, since I've got your attention, somehow, with my horrible math that mistook 12 cubic feet for a 12' long, wide and tall cube...

I found another questionable method to make it work.

And the original thread was about using decanters of endless water and the cloak of the manta ray to create a jet powered manta ray.

See above math skills.


1 person marked this as a favorite.

The problem with that method, is that dispite it saying that it generates a globe of calm water, the implication seems to be that it's moreso thst water just calms in the area.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
AngryNerdRageDemon wrote:
ShroudedInLight wrote:

Since this has become a thread about Succubi...

Is there actually a way to gain immunity to the level drain from a Succubus to which a living PC has access? I've only ever found temporary solutions and all of them are rather expensive.

Hey! HEY!

You know where that sort of talk goes!

ಠ_ಠ

I do, but I'm also dead serious. I know Dhampir's can ignore level drain until it kills them, but is there a manner of gaining complete immunity to level drain?


1 person marked this as a favorite.
ShroudedInLight wrote:
AngryNerdRageDemon wrote:
ShroudedInLight wrote:

Since this has become a thread about Succubi...

Is there actually a way to gain immunity to the level drain from a Succubus to which a living PC has access? I've only ever found temporary solutions and all of them are rather expensive.

Hey! HEY!

You know where that sort of talk goes!

ಠ_ಠ

I do, but I'm also dead serious. I know Dhampir's can ignore level drain until it kills them, but is there a manner of gaining complete immunity to level drain?

20th level martial artist is immune to energy drain, off the top of my head.

Death ward gives 1/min a level immunity.
8th level soul wardens subtract 1 from all level drain effects, reducing a succubus's level drain to 0.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
ShroudedInLight wrote:

Since this has become a thread about Succubi...

Is there actually a way to gain immunity to the level drain from a Succubus to which a living PC has access? I've only ever found temporary solutions and all of them are rather expensive.

Custom magic item set up to be used by only your alignment and requiring a skill like perform dance would drop the price.


1 person marked this as a favorite.

Death ward is a must have, I think.

And this has got out of hand because things often get out of hand here.

It's just a matter of time someone brings alignment conflicts or paladins to the equation. I hope I am wrong.


1 person marked this as a favorite.

Anyway, the answer to what creates that much water is 3 decanters of endless water set to guyser, creating 90 gallons a round.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Kileanna wrote:

Death ward is a must have, I think.

And this has got out of hand because things often get out of hand here.

It's just a matter of time someone brings alignment conflicts or paladins to the equation. I hope I am wrong.

you did it

it was you!


1 person marked this as a favorite.

... Even dumber, I think this might be the most busy thread I've made not directly related to a campaign.


2 people marked this as a favorite.

Deathward is a Paladin spell...

Say, do you think a Redeemer Paladin would attempt to redeem a succubus? Asking for a friend.


2 people marked this as a favorite.
Chromantic Durgon <3 wrote:
Kileanna wrote:

Death ward is a must have, I think.

And this has got out of hand because things often get out of hand here.

It's just a matter of time someone brings alignment conflicts or paladins to the equation. I hope I am wrong.

you did it

it was you!

It wasn't!

You cannot prove it!

*Edits back her post*

It was Derailer of Threads, look!


2 people marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Adventure Path Subscriber
ShroudedInLight wrote:

Deathward is a Paladin spell...

Say, do you think a Redeemer Paladin would attempt to redeem a succubus? Asking for a friend.

Who wouldn't- ah, er, I mean, yeah, sure, probably. Sometimes.

'S'cool, I guess. We're cool.

>.>


1 person marked this as a favorite.

Well, looks like the globe of tranquil water thing is getting ignored. Might make a new thread for it.

1 to 50 of 95 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo / Pathfinder® / Pathfinder RPG / Advice / Ignore this All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002-2017 Paizo Inc.® | Privacy Policy | Contact Us
Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours, Monday through Friday, 10:00 AM to 5:00 PM Pacific time.

Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, Starfinder, the Starfinder logo, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc. The Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Legends, Pathfinder Online, Starfinder Adventure Path, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.