Paizo, it's time for a change.


Paizo General Discussion

201 to 223 of 223 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | next > last >>

2 people marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Adventure Path, Lost Omens, Pathfinder Accessories, Rulebook Subscriber; Pathfinder Battles Case Subscriber
Kobold Cleaver wrote:
I think Yoshua is confusing the issue here. What I gathered was that banning people was complicated, due to the store-forum linkage, and Tonya refused to take action to find a workaround until the CSRs pushed her on it.

Nah. I wasn't confused but you hit the nail on the head.

I don't care if it is tied to someones purchasing ability. If you give someone free reign to abuse someone else based on their sexual orientation or gender identity because you are afraid of losing the abusers business it tells me plainly what the priority is.

Contributor

28 people marked this as a favorite.

Bans remove a persons access to everything, including purchased PDFs. Suspensions only remove access to the forums. Suspensions are usually timed. But the timing has to be set, if it is not the suspension is indefinite until manually lifted. If the concern was that banned posters wouldn’t have access to purchased PDFs anymore a permanent suspension does the same thing while leaving PDF access.


Pathfinder Adventure Path, Lost Omens, Pathfinder Accessories, Rulebook Subscriber; Pathfinder Battles Case Subscriber

Well Diego that doesn't sound very complicated at all. Also sounds like anyone moderating the forums would have that knowledge to some degree.

So this 'found a way' today sounds like an excuse for why it wasn't implemented even though it was known by the team. Fact that you are telling me the team has been advocating for it and being overruled until today makes me sick to my stomach.

Man, I appreciate that you walked when you did. The more I hear the more I totally understand. I wish someone on the inside was empowered to look out for the community though instead of empowered to keep the company safe from it.


Diego Valdez wrote:
Bans remove a persons access to everything, including purchased PDFs. Suspensions only remove access to the forums. Suspensions are usually timed. But the timing has to be set, if it is not the suspension is indefinite until manually lifted. If the concern was that banned posters wouldn’t have access to purchased PDFs anymore a permanent suspension does the same thing while leaving PDF access.

Why not issue indefinite suspension instead of bannings?

Humbly,
Yawar


3 people marked this as a favorite.

That's what they're saying they do now--Tonya was just apparently resistant to it.


YawarFiesta wrote:
Diego Valdez wrote:
Bans remove a persons access to everything, including purchased PDFs. Suspensions only remove access to the forums. Suspensions are usually timed. But the timing has to be set, if it is not the suspension is indefinite until manually lifted. If the concern was that banned posters wouldn’t have access to purchased PDFs anymore a permanent suspension does the same thing while leaving PDF access.

Why not issue indefinite suspension instead of bannings?

That's kind of the point. That's the obvious solution the customer service workers were pushing, but Tonya seems to have been resisting.

That said, this should never be an issue. Burn this web software to the ground, salt the earth and replace it with an off the shelf package that doesn't get in the way of doing the job.

Paizo Employee Customer Service Representative

27 people marked this as a favorite.
Yoshua wrote:
So this 'found a way' today sounds like an excuse for why it wasn't implemented even though it was known by the team.

Just a tiny clarification, most of us (CS) were unaware this was the case (suspension vs. banning). Likely due to the fact that our moderation training was limited (big focus was on our email backlog, for obvious reasons) and we were only really getting into adding it to our tasks when all this kicked off. *insert upside down smiling emoji*


9 people marked this as a favorite.

You all deserved and continue to deserve literal worlds better than this. <3


3 people marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Adventure Path, Lost Omens, Pathfinder Accessories, Rulebook Subscriber; Pathfinder Battles Case Subscriber
Raychael wrote:
Yoshua wrote:
So this 'found a way' today sounds like an excuse for why it wasn't implemented even though it was known by the team.
Just a tiny clarification, most of us (CS) were unaware this was the case (suspension vs. banning). Likely due to the fact that our moderation training was limited (big focus was on our email backlog, for obvious reasons) and we were only really getting into adding it to our tasks when all this kicked off. *insert upside down smiling emoji*

Good background knowledge. I wish you guys weren't down the 2 resident experts that would have been a tremendous help during troubling times.

Appreciate everything you do Raychael and never thought it was the team that wouldn't advocate for the customers :D

Paizo Employee Customer Service Representative

17 people marked this as a favorite.
Kobold Cleaver wrote:
You all deserved and continue to deserve literal worlds better than this. <3

I'm just so sorry we weren't aware of this beforehand! <3

Please give all your love and support to Heather and Logan; they've done a lot more than I have in regard to forum moderation (it's not my area of expertise, to say the least, and I didn't want to make things worse) and pushing for ways to better the community within our limited (although not as limited as we thought) capacity.


5 people marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Lost Omens, Rulebook Subscriber
Raychael wrote:
Kobold Cleaver wrote:
You all deserved and continue to deserve literal worlds better than this. <3

I'm just so sorry we weren't aware of this beforehand! <3

Please give all your love and support to Heather and Logan; they've done a lot more than I have in regard to forum moderation (it's not my area of expertise, to say the least, and I didn't want to make things worse) and pushing for ways to better the community within our limited (although not as limited as we thought) capacity.

We're grateful to have all of your best, the perfect shouldn't be the enemy of the good.

Contributor

25 people marked this as a favorite.
Yoshua wrote:
I wish you guys weren't down the 2 resident experts that would have been a tremendous help during troubling times.

Tonya has had moderator privileges for years in her role as OPF and has interacted with those tools for years. There is no reason she shouldn’t know this. Forgot? Sure. Didn’t know? No. And even if she didn’t she should have investigated options. It shouldn’t take her team, after weeks of asking for solutions, deciding they don’t care if bigots lose access to PDFs and accidentally discovering it.

Silver Crusade

15 people marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Pathfinder Accessories Subscriber; Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Superscriber

Diego I really appreciate your insights over the last couple of days. You're sorely missed.


9 people marked this as a favorite.
Diego Valdez wrote:
Bans remove a persons access to everything, including purchased PDFs. Suspensions only remove access to the forums. Suspensions are usually timed. But the timing has to be set, if it is not the suspension is indefinite until manually lifted. If the concern was that banned posters wouldn’t have access to purchased PDFs anymore a permanent suspension does the same thing while leaving PDF access.

Glad to know Gorbacz was never banned, as some have implied here or there! He has been merely stuck in a limbo of suspended animation, yet fully aware of his surroundings. Legends have it that when the stars are right and the days are counted, he shall no longer be lost in time and space, and will walk the information superhighway once again...

Skele Tor will return next week with more disturbing facts.


Wildly off topic, I know, but at this stage someone has to PM me the lore behind Gorbacz.

But seconding Cori's comment.

I am glad there is a mechanism to properly deal with bigotry and other awful users.


3 people marked this as a favorite.

You are only witnessing but one tip of one finger of a beast that dwells beyond our comprehension.

EDIT: I said what I said.


20 people marked this as a favorite.

Still can't stop laughing about how Tonya's desire to become the Directrix of Community set off a chain of events that's leading to said community imploding. It's almost Shakespearean, climbing the mountain of imaginary power only to discover that the mountain is naught but ash.

Liberty's Edge

5 people marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Pathfinder Accessories, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Maps, Starfinder Roleplaying Game Subscriber; Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Superscriber
Totally Not Gorbacz wrote:
Still can't stop laughing about how Tonya's desire to become the Directrix of Community set off a chain of events that's leading to said community imploding. It's almost Shakespearean, climbing the mountain of imaginary power only to discover that the mountain is naught but ash.

Not to get hocus-pocus, but I've had this sort of thing happen to me when I choose a path the Universe dislikes. It is a good sign that you done messed up, AA RON!


4 people marked this as a favorite.

Be careful what you wish for, you just might get it.


7 people marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Adventure Path, Lost Omens, Pathfinder Accessories, Rulebook Subscriber; Pathfinder Battles Case Subscriber

Anyone in management who is new to the position and sees someone who has any tenure, like even 5 years I would say, as redundant and not a valuable resource is just mind boggling to me.


9 people marked this as a favorite.

Regardless, institutional knowledge is a thing and if someone's role is rendered redundant by an org-chart alteration, you are frequently better served by retaining that person and finding a new role for them in the company. At the very least it allows you to keep that institutional knowledge on hand.

The way this has been handled just reeks of an ill-conceived power grab.


2 people marked this as a favorite.

Ill conceived and inept

201 to 223 of 223 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Paizo / General Discussion / Paizo, it's time for a change. All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.
Recent threads in General Discussion