I've had this idea for a character for a while now, I've been thinking, What if I got a really old magic type (Be it a wizard or sorcerer or etc.) and had their whole goal to be to steal the body of someone ideally Young, Fit, and Rich/Prestigious so they could not only live longer but live again stronger then ever free from the notoriety of their past life.
I'm confident in my ability in finding someone that fits what I'm looking for when the time comes for a character like this, My only problem is I want to find out how exactly I can take their body permanently.
Ideally, I want to do this at as low of a level as possible as it's not often campaigns I join last long enough for those really high levels. I'm willing to accept some drawbacks that could come with the process be it being an expensive effort or maybe some negative levels being taken because of it, But what spell or spells would best aid in this effort?
The lowest level solution I can think of is to keep the victim imprisoned and cast claim identity (witch 3, bard 3, sorc/wiz 4) on them as necessary. Reincarnate spy (druid 6, shaman 6, witch 7) requires some investment in the disguise skill but is instantaneous, and magic jar (witch and others 5) with Osirian spirit jars (as mentioned in Matthew Downie's link) should work perfectly so long as the spirit jar stays shut.
Basically be a witch to do this. You can even hex the victim to keep their saves down first.
Well.. the lowest level it could be done, assuming you have an unusual amount of money for the level character, is 1st level. But you'd need certain circumstances.
First, you'd need the Osirian Spirit Jars mentioned above. That is the method you'll use to steal a body...and also to kill yourself. And there is a chance you'll end up dead.
You'll need an accomplice. Someone that can lure the victim into drinking and administering drugs to the victim to lower their will save. You can't knock the victim unconscious because you need the victim to open the Osirian Spirit Jar.
And for clean up you'll want someone that can cast Unseen Servant.
Detailed steps for the plan.
1. Identify a victim. Victim should be someone with an excellent physic, but low will power. You'd really like to find a 1st level commoner or fighter with a low wisdom. Also it has to be someone that nobody will notice or care if their personality suddenly shifts.
2. Assistant gets close to the victim. Gains a small amount of trust. You want to make sure the victim will fall for your trap before you go on to the next step. Maybe get the victim use to receiving gifts in clay pots.
3. Make sure the Osirian Spirit Jar you are using is empty and not within range of the other Jars. In a location very close to where your assistant is going to lure your victim, open the jar. This will trap your soul in the jar and leave your body empty. Move your body to a hiding spot.
4. Lure victim in. Give them drinks and use other methods to lower their will save. If possible, use Charm Person or Dominate Person to control the victim. Get the victim to open the jar. If things go well, you get the body. If not, you end up in your own body. If the victim is under magical control keep putting yourself into the jar and then having the victim open it until you get the body and victim is in the jar.
5. Take jar to a different location, far from your old body. Cast Unseen Servant. Order servant to open the jar in 10 minutes. Leave. You must be out of range of the jar before the unseen servant opens it.
6. Dispose of old body. Possibly fake your own death.
7. (optional) move to a new country.
|1 person marked this as a favorite.|
I have given this question deep thought over a lengthy period and come up with the following solution.
Kill someone.see someone young die alone
2 Run off with the corpse.
I hope this helps.
This way doesn't get you in trouble.
If you omit the requirement to use an existing body...
Hire a Witch 18 with the grand hex Forced Reincarnation to give you a new young body. No need for you to actually die.
Get someone to reincarnate you as soon as you die, then die.
Be a beast bonded witch and magic jar/possess a better body and swap as needed.
Be a reincarnated druid.
Become an immortal somehow. Wish works here.
You could try to clone the body and transfer your mind into it using a neurocam. Of course it wouldn't really be you; it's a copy of you that can still gain experience until the day you die. At that point it becomes equivalent to a simulacrum. The only creature that I have found to bypass body swap limitations is a Yithian. Good luck making a deal with one of those.