Late Night Forum with Vidmaster7


Off-Topic Discussions

2,701 to 2,750 of 3,227 << first < prev | 50 | 51 | 52 | 53 | 54 | 55 | 56 | 57 | 58 | 59 | 60 | next > last >>

Pathfinder Adventure Path, Rulebook, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game, Starfinder Society Subscriber
Just a Mort wrote:
US does not have enough kits to test for Covid 19 =( So they're trying to do damage control by shutting down places where people gather. We're not allowed congregations of more then 250 people now.

How could we know to have enough test kits, it's not like this has been simmering for four months beforehand...


1 person marked this as a favorite.

Luckily, Jim Bakker has some Miracle Prayer Juice he's willing to sell you for the low, low price of $150/33ml bottle. Tubs of freeze-dried Apocalypse Cauliflower Cheese are also available.


1 person marked this as a favorite.

ノಠ益ಠノ彡┻━┻


Yelp hours are getting cut back. Just to save the company money of course..

I really thought that I would see less grey hairs but that's practically all I've seen in the last few days. Surely a hotel has to be one of the worst places to stay if your trying not to catch a virus.


So now seems like the correct time to cosplay post apocalyptic characters when I go out to get groceries. I'm thinking mad max thunderdome.


Vidmaster7 wrote:
So now seems like the correct time to cosplay post apocalyptic characters when I go out to get groceries. I'm thinking mad max thunderdome.

You gonna get a small guy to ride on your back, or find a really big guy and ride on his? Or are you thinking of going with a Tina Turner look?


Tina Turner all the way.


Okay, so you'll be needing chainmail and giant shoulder pads. Just be careful out there. Remember, we don't need another hero.


gran rey de los mono wrote:
Okay, so you'll be needing chainmail and giant shoulder pads. Just be careful out there. Remember, we don't need another hero.

Oh see now I have to go and listen to "holding out for a hero" probably the shrek version.


So hotel is no longer serving breakfast I made a ton of little to go bags for people. They layed off our breakfast girl. Strange times.


We're still doing breakfast, just took a few things off and reduced the hours. Housekeeping is losing a lot of hours. Basically they're all on call for the next few weeks. Desk staff still have full hours.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Vidmaster7 wrote:
I really thought that I would see less grey hairs but that's practically all I've seen in the last few days. Surely a hotel has to be one of the worst places to stay if your trying not to catch a virus.

Second only to crowding together in close proximity in a large public place to fight over toilet paper...

*defensive face palm*


1 person marked this as a favorite.

When Aiymi was still debating on whether she was going to keep her client meeting in Chattanooga (getting rescheduled), she was looking at hotel prices and was ecstatic. Places normally running 150/night were advertising 65-80/night.


Vanykrye wrote:
When Aiymi was still debating on whether she was going to keep her client meeting in Chattanooga (getting rescheduled), she was looking at hotel prices and was ecstatic. Places normally running 150/night were advertising 65-80/night.

Surprisingly our prices haven't dropped yet but tonight might be a different story.


2 people marked this as a favorite.

My book is is now live for paperback orders! (Kindle will drop on Friday). The publisher and I are donating 100% of the proceeds through April 30 to the Food Bank of Central & Eastern NC, who are helping cover school lunches for kids who need them during this shut-down.

The book and the press release about it.


I may pick that up in the next few days quibble.


Vanykrye wrote:
When Aiymi was still debating on whether she was going to keep her client meeting in Chattanooga (getting rescheduled), she was looking at hotel prices and was ecstatic. Places normally running 150/night were advertising 65-80/night.

Our prices actually went up. Our sales person may just be an idiot.


Vidmaster7 wrote:
Vanykrye wrote:
When Aiymi was still debating on whether she was going to keep her client meeting in Chattanooga (getting rescheduled), she was looking at hotel prices and was ecstatic. Places normally running 150/night were advertising 65-80/night.
Our prices actually went up. Our sales person may just be an idiot.

Our prices are down slightly, asking $109 instead of $119-$129. And today they closed the pool and exercise room. Also, our breakfast has been severely curtailed. We are providing a bag with a 4oz cup of mixed fruit, a 12(?)oz bottle of orange juice, and either a belvita bar or a Nutrigrain bar (luck of the draw). Also, yogurt and cartons of milk are available. But all of it is on request only. The bags are behind the desk, and the yogurts and milk are in a locked minifridge. Oh, we have packets of instant oatmeal, oranges, and bananas as well.


Last night they had the schedules for the next couple of weeks posted, but tonight they are gone. I don't know what that portends, but hopefully it won't affect me any.


Yeah I'm getting a day less. not a huge deal they can't really cut me back much more the that. as long as the place is open anyways. Business is sparse but not too sparse we may stay in business.


As I said previously, I'm not too worried since cutting my hours would likely mean that one of the managers would have to cover my shift, and that's not gonna happen. I suppose they could give one or two of my shifts to the other auditor and they would cover when he normally works 1st or 2nd shift, but I don't know. I have enough in savings to last a while if necessary, but hopefully it won't be needed.


Yeah they gave one of my days to the guy who covers my off days. but it won't be more then that.

Scarab Sages

Pathfinder Adventure, Adventure Path, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Maps Subscriber
Vidmaster7 wrote:
Tina Turner all the way.

I approve

Scarab Sages

Pathfinder Adventure, Adventure Path, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Maps Subscriber
Vidmaster7 wrote:
gran rey de los mono wrote:
Okay, so you'll be needing chainmail and giant shoulder pads. Just be careful out there. Remember, we don't need another hero.
Oh see now I have to go and listen to "holding out for a hero" probably the shrek version.

That is the best version


Old person with the sniffles may have weirded me out a bit. I may be standing real far back and reaching to the maximum length of my arm to accept your keys yes. Ignore that.


we may need more hand sanitizer now. I also smell like alcohol.

The Exchange

Singapore reports first 2 Corvid 19 deaths

Scarab Sages

Pathfinder Adventure, Adventure Path, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Maps Subscriber

:(


Well My fiance was layed off so now i'm the sole source of money. Hotel is keeping some what busy tho. so that's good I guess.


STS: Oh apparently The watcher comes out for console on Monday.


Had what might be our last face to face PF game for awhile.


So has anyone had any experience with the gunslinger the main worry is regular fire arms vrs advanced. I could of swore I read somewhere on the forums to watch out for advanced that it makes the gunslinger a bit op or maybe that was modern?


Freehold is against new classes.


What do you define as new classes freehold? anything not core? or anything that wasn't in a previous version?


Vidmaster7 wrote:
So has anyone had any experience with the gunslinger the main worry is regular fire arms vrs advanced. I could of swore I read somewhere on the forums to watch out for advanced that it makes the gunslinger a bit op or maybe that was modern?

I played a gunslinger years ago. It wasn't too overpowered, but I wasn't trying to power game. I have heard of people doing ridiculous stuff with them.


Well my players first idea was a thrikreen from a third party and I was like uuuhh noooooo. I've had thri kreen in my games before and they are cheese. a thri kreen gunslinger sounded like a incredibly powerful build.


Freehold DM wrote:
Freehold is against new classes.

Yer damn right! Back in my day, we had ONE class. And it was “Player”. And the only class ability was “roll dice”. Dragons et the lot of us every session and that were fine by us. Not like these kids with their “dwarves” and their “fighters”. Pshaw!


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Adventure Path, Rulebook, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game, Starfinder Society Subscriber
Vidmaster7 wrote:
So has anyone had any experience with the gunslinger the main worry is regular fire arms vrs advanced. I could of swore I read somewhere on the forums to watch out for advanced that it makes the gunslinger a bit op or maybe that was modern?

They get more overpowered the higher in level they go, touch AC is weird.


Vidmaster7 wrote:
What do you define as new classes freehold? anything not core? or anything that wasn't in a previous version?

anything not core.

New classes should be archetypes, something paizo made absolutely amazing.


Personally, I think the Core classes suffer from 3.5-ism. They got ported over from the old system without really innovating them. Yeah, Clerics can now Channel, but I think a lot of classes post-Core are cool because they iterate and innovate upon what's already there. There's a reason most classes get an X amount of points to use on their abilities. A Swashbuckler gets Panache, Monks get Ki points, and so on. A lot of newer classes seem to overshadow the Core classes, but that's because the Core classes are... bland. Rangers still get Endurance for no particular reason. Fighters only get bonus feats. There's nothing that really makes them exciting.

Now, yes, there are classes that are badly designed. The Alchemist and Gunslinger hit on Touch AC, which is almost always lower than regular AC, and in the lategame they'll never miss anymore. That's, I think, because the system wasn't designed with those classes in mind. Witches and Shamans get Hexes, effectively granting them infinite spells per day. Granted, most of those are once per target only, but it means that every encounter they're completely topped off on resources. A Magus basically breaks the action economy of the game. But there are certainly classes that are more balanced. A Cavalier is a fun take on the martial, even though the mount can be problematic. A Slayer is beautifully efficient, and the Oracle is a fun take on the spontaneous Cleric.

But yeah, I can see your argument for making them all archetypes. Don't necessarily agree with it, but I can see the reasoning for it.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Quentin Coldwater wrote:

Personally, I think the Core classes suffer from 3.5-ism. They got ported over from the old system without really innovating them. Yeah, Clerics can now Channel, but I think a lot of classes post-Core are cool because they iterate and innovate upon what's already there. There's a reason most classes get an X amount of points to use on their abilities. A Swashbuckler gets Panache, Monks get Ki points, and so on. A lot of newer classes seem to overshadow the Core classes, but that's because the Core classes are... bland. Rangers still get Endurance for no particular reason. Fighters only get bonus feats. There's nothing that really makes them exciting.

Now, yes, there are classes that are badly designed. The Alchemist and Gunslinger hit on Touch AC, which is almost always lower than regular AC, and in the lategame they'll never miss anymore. That's, I think, because the system wasn't designed with those classes in mind. Witches and Shamans get Hexes, effectively granting them infinite spells per day. Granted, most of those are once per target only, but it means that every encounter they're completely topped off on resources. A Magus basically breaks the action economy of the game. But there are certainly classes that are more balanced. A Cavalier is a fun take on the martial, even though the mount can be problematic. A Slayer is beautifully efficient, and the Oracle is a fun take on the spontaneous Cleric.

But yeah, I can see your argument for making them all archetypes. Don't necessarily agree with it, but I can see the reasoning for it.

if its broken, fix it. Don't replace it.

Scarab Sages

Pathfinder Adventure, Adventure Path, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Maps Subscriber
Vidmaster7 wrote:
Well My fiance was layed off so now i'm the sole source of money. Hotel is keeping some what busy tho. so that's good I guess.

Sad to hear it. I hope she finds something new quickly.

Scarab Sages

2 people marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Adventure, Adventure Path, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Maps Subscriber
captain yesterday wrote:
Vidmaster7 wrote:
So has anyone had any experience with the gunslinger the main worry is regular fire arms vrs advanced. I could of swore I read somewhere on the forums to watch out for advanced that it makes the gunslinger a bit op or maybe that was modern?
They get more overpowered the higher in level they go, touch AC is weird.

Basically this.


2 people marked this as a favorite.

'ere now! Wot's all this then?


2 people marked this as a favorite.
The Fun Constable wrote:
'ere now! Wot's all this then?

A case of Bad Wrong Fun, Gov'nah!


1 person marked this as a favorite.

Take them away, gov'nah!

The Exchange

Sorry to hear your fiance has been laid off =(

And no I don't like guns nor gunslingers since it makes ac(defences of high level mobs) pretty much pointless.


This is an area where Freehold and I disagree, but not impassibly so.


1 person marked this as a favorite.

I kind of like having a dozen different ways of doing things. Like say I want to play a figther mage. I can multiclass I can go into that one prestige class I can take the archtype for figther that makes them slightly more magey or vice versa or I can play a magus with half a dozen archtypes as well. I think It really helps one to get the specific nich they have in mind for their character.


1 person marked this as a favorite.

I do agree tho that what they have done with archetypes is amazing. Probably my favorite part of PF1.

2,701 to 2,750 of 3,227 << first < prev | 50 | 51 | 52 | 53 | 54 | 55 | 56 | 57 | 58 | 59 | 60 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Gamer Life / Off-Topic Discussions / Late Night Forum with Vidmaster7 All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.