What AP would you like to see next? 2018 / 19 Edition!


Pathfinder Adventure Path General Discussion

101 to 150 of 687 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>

2 people marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Adventure Path, Lost Omens, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game Subscriber
Steve Geddes wrote:
I'd like to see some of the distinctive-but-not-yet-explored regions fleshed out a little. Druma, Razmiran, Rahadoum (sp?), Taldor (a standout omission so far, imo), Realm of the Mammoth Lords.

The interesting thing here, is that if Paizo gave us NOTHING,I could think of stories to tell in Razmiran, Taldor, and Rahadoum... but Druma? Sheesh.

I think Druma might need an AP just to spell out what the hell we're supposed to do with it!

Not the Kalistocrats- they're a weird religious order, that's easy. But the idea of this trade-focused country run by this weird religious order that... doesn't get up to much, and is smack in the middle of the Avistani political map?

Right now, it's possible for even a lore-hound like myself to forget Druma exists. On its worst day, that's not a problem Taldor has.


I think Taldor is the standout omission purely because it has been such an important player in shaping the Inner Sea. Even though it's now in decline and not much more than a "grumpy old man" nation, I think it would add a lot of depth to the setting to have at least a 64 page book on where it's come from and where it is now.

Druma and Rahadoum seem quite unique to me amongst RPG fantasy nations - I find each of them rife with potential but struggle to actually get down and do the work of writing out a campaign outline.


Keirine, Human Rogue wrote:

My personal wishlist:

Jalmarey/Vudra
Weird Western set in Alkenstar (Dynamite! Mines! People tied to train tracks! Quick draw duels!)
Tian Xia
Galt
Akiton
1970s Earth (This could be another one like Shattered Star, where the players are members of the Pathfinders, and end up flung through a portal and end up on a strange planet far far from home, and have to figure out some way back. The first two volumes could be acclimating to the new world, finding others who are trapped, and building a portal. The next two books would be a bit of world hopping where the PCs discover some malignant force is behind the portal warping. The final two books would be working towards a final showdown with the malignant force on it's own plane of existence.)
Moar Varisia

If this is done, it MUST provide an opportunity for this scene.


Maybe the dwarves should take back Druma from the Humans. Note: I got my info from reading the WIKI about Druma and how it used to be an area of squabbling dwarf kingdoms. So if I am wrong I am sorry.

MDC

Shadow Lodge

Mark Carlson 255 wrote:

Maybe the dwarves should take back Druma from the Humans. Note: I got my info from reading the WIKI about Druma and how it used to be an area of squabbling dwarf kingdoms. So if I am wrong I am sorry.

MDC

While it would be deeply cathartic to see not-England wiped definitively off the not-map, it's not happening (neither is the equivalent in reality, but that goes without saying). Either Paizo won't write it, or they'll write a story about having to save it. Of the two options, I prefer the former.

Paizo Employee Contributor—Canadian Maplecakes

2 people marked this as a favorite.

Oh, how I would LOVE to do more things with Druma. There are Plans™ in the forefront of my brain pan for that lovely richest of rich places... assuming I can ever convince people to let me write them! :)

...

DRUMA LODGE!!!!


Pathfinder Adventure Path Subscriber
Thurston Hillman wrote:

Oh, how I would LOVE to do more things with Druma. There are Plans™ in the forefront of my brain pan for that lovely richest of rich places... assuming I can ever convince people to let me write them! :)

...

DRUMA LODGE!!!!

I would prefer you writing TianXia stuff^^

Paizo Employee Contributor—Canadian Maplecakes

7 people marked this as a favorite.
Hayato Ken wrote:
Thurston Hillman wrote:

Oh, how I would LOVE to do more things with Druma. There are Plans™ in the forefront of my brain pan for that lovely richest of rich places... assuming I can ever convince people to let me write them! :)

...

DRUMA LODGE!!!!

I would prefer you writing TianXia stuff^^

Prepare to be pleasantly surprised in the near-ish future? :)


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Adventure Path Subscriber
Thurston Hillman wrote:
Hayato Ken wrote:
Thurston Hillman wrote:

Oh, how I would LOVE to do more things with Druma. There are Plans™ in the forefront of my brain pan for that lovely richest of rich places... assuming I can ever convince people to let me write them! :)

...

DRUMA LODGE!!!!

I would prefer you writing TianXia stuff^^
Prepare to be pleasantly surprised in the near-ish future? :)

Do i dare to get hyped?

Stoicism and excitement just began a major war inside of my head^^

Liberty's Edge

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Thurston Hillman wrote:
Hayato Ken wrote:


I would prefer you writing TianXia stuff^^

Prepare to be pleasantly surprised in the near-ish future? :)

OMG Yes Please!


2 people marked this as a favorite.

Druma would be an ideal location for a Merchantile-themed AP, where the primary goal of the AP is to get super rich, but to do so they have to grow and protect their business, and get embroiled in regional politics/various local threats.

Wolf of Wall Street, only with actual wolves...

Silver Crusade

Pathfinder Adventure Path Subscriber

Given the D&D economy, not the best idea.


Making, and keeping shitloads of money isn't even fun in the real world, how the f~$$ are you going to make it fun in a game.

And more to the point wouldn't they be better off then calling it Drumaopoly and selling it wherever games are sold.


I being a pioneer and founding new settlements isn't much fun either, yet kingmaker worked out okay.


A land grab is way more interesting than a money grab though.

Unless you're talking some sort of big heist scenario, like Oceans Whatever Number They're On Right Now


I'd recommend the following:

An AP with Kingmaker-esque rules based in Arcadia! (knocks out two birds with one stone)

An AP with Taldor and Kingmaker-esque rules - that I've mentioned in many a thread before.

ELVEN Centered AP - like they have gotten no love for a long time (Calistrian clergy do not count)


I agree a land grab is much more interesting reason for an adventure then creating a business. Though an AP were the whole point of the story is to find this legendary treasure would be fun.

Grand Lodge

Taldor rejuvenated.
Explore southern Garund.
Darklands Fun, maybe involving the Quest for the Sky secrets and lore.
First world Dominated AP.
Outer Plane hopping AP.


To be clear, I'm cool with Druma, I just don't find the theme of acquiring all the money interesting.

But there's plenty interesting with Druma.

Shadow Lodge

Shivok wrote:
An AP with Kingmaker-esque rules based in Arcadia! (knocks out two birds with one stone)

All the land in Arcadia's taken, though ;)

Quote:
An AP with Taldor and Kingmaker-esque rules - that I've mentioned in many a thread before.

Same here. Taldor borders the sea and Andoran in the west, Galt in the north, and Keleshite satraps in the south and east. Where's the frontier?

If you want another Kingmaker, the best place to put it might be Iobaria.

Quote:
ELVEN Centered AP - like they have gotten no love for a long time (Calistrian clergy do not count)

After the last one failed so spectacularly that it has more copy left in stock than every AP that came after it, even the bad ones? Yeah, not happening. We'll get dragons before we get elves again.

Shadow Lodge

Dragon78 wrote:
I agree a land grab is much more interesting reason for an adventure then creating a business. Though an AP were the whole point of the story is to find this legendary treasure would be fun.

They made that. It's called Shattered Star.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Adventure Path Subscriber

Personally would love a Druma AP. Would offer a chance to learn more about the Prophecies and what exactly they entail (I am tired of telling my players that their diet limitations are kosher, I would actually like to know!) And it would be a great chance to have a villain that is actually not a threat in combat. Have the bbeg be some super wealthy merchant who is using his wealth to destabilize the economies of the surrounding nations (financing bandits in Isgar to attack everyone but his traders, bribery to get old grudges renewed by Dwarves in the Five King Mountains, playing both sides in the monthune Nirmathis conflict) all for the sake of making wealth and the pcs needing to stop his plans while he being someone of such influence and wealth that he has his own private army to keep him safe and as a follower of the prophecies some of the Blackjackets on his side.. all while being maybe a lv5 or 6 aristocrat.


I am not talking about a legendary artifact or other magical items, I am talking about a vast treasure of precious metals, jewels, works of art, etc. that was lost or stolen ages ago. A story that starts with a treasure map or similar plot device.


2 people marked this as a favorite.
captain yesterday wrote:

To be clear, I'm cool with Druma, I just don't find the theme of acquiring all the money interesting.

But there's plenty interesting with Druma.

There should be an investigation of its richest and most luxurious family, the Drumpfs who the country is named after.


I second the underground AP. So much good stuff here unexplored. And we just keep getting more little tidbits, like the munavri. I'm also excited to finally go under da sea. Fantastic underwater ships for everyone!


Pathfinder Adventure Path Subscriber

Underwater AP seems already to be in the making for after Ironfang Invasion.

Dark Archive

GreatKhanArtist wrote:
I second the underground AP. So much good stuff here unexplored. And we just keep getting more little tidbits, like the munavri. I'm also excited to finally go under da sea. Fantastic underwater ships for everyone!

IRONFANG INVASION IS the underground AP.

At least parts 4 & 5 are.

Also, Hayato Ken is right, the one after that "Ruins of Atzlant" IS the underwater AP. ;-)


captain yesterday wrote:

A land grab is way more interesting than a money grab though.

Unless you're talking some sort of big heist scenario, like Oceans Whatever Number They're On Right Now

Building up a merchantile empire by opening up new trades routes in the wilderness, dealing with bandits harassing your interests, fighting off ruthless competitors or governments trying to hold you down.

I mean I am watching Narcos on netflix...a giant chunk of the plots on that show deals with folks battling over business interests (The illegal cocaine trade). I don't think you could accuse Narcos of being boring.

Silver Crusade Contributor

Part of the problem with a money-grab is how wealth and character power interact in Pathfinder. You can't grant too much wealth beyond what you should, or you risk the PCs liquidating it all and getting a +5 sword at level 4 or something.

Now, I'm sure there are ways around that... but it would likely be too complex and arbitrary to base an AP around. One of the earlier modules, City of Golden Death, had an arbitrary (and somewhat goofy) reason for why the PCs were exploring a city of pure gold at level 6.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
captain yesterday wrote:

Making, and keeping s#+&loads of money isn't even fun in the real world, how the f%+# are you going to make it fun in a game.

And more to the point wouldn't they be better off then calling it Drumaopoly and selling it wherever games are sold.

The top 0.01% of the US socioeconomic strata would seem to disagree. This is a few tens of thousands of people (extend this to a few hundred thousand if you go global), so then the question becomes what fraction of them actually play Pathfinder or could be attracted to do so if an AP for them came out . . . .


Pathfinder Adventure Path Subscriber

Seems most people missed or neglect on purpose the most important statement about something new Tian Xia....


UnArcaneElection wrote:
captain yesterday wrote:

Making, and keeping s#+&loads of money isn't even fun in the real world, how the f%+# are you going to make it fun in a game.

And more to the point wouldn't they be better off then calling it Drumaopoly and selling it wherever games are sold.

The top 0.01% of the US socioeconomic strata would seem to disagree. This is a few tens of thousands of people (extend this to a few hundred thousand if you go global), so then the question becomes what fraction of them actually play Pathfinder or could be attracted to do so if an AP for them came out . . . .

I really don't care to be completely honest.

Unless you know someone willing to spend a grand on my gently used Kingmaker...

Silver Crusade

2 people marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Adventure Path Subscriber
Hayato Ken wrote:

Seems most people missed or neglect on purpose the most important statement about something new Tian Xia....

All part of my "DESTROY TIAN XIA" plan.

Silver Crusade Contributor

3 people marked this as a favorite.

A quick disclaimer: Gorbacz does not have the power to destroy Tian Xia.


captain yesterday wrote:
UnArcaneElection wrote:
captain yesterday wrote:

Making, and keeping s#+&loads of money isn't even fun in the real world, how the f%+# are you going to make it fun in a game.

And more to the point wouldn't they be better off then calling it Drumaopoly and selling it wherever games are sold.

The top 0.01% of the US socioeconomic strata would seem to disagree. This is a few tens of thousands of people (extend this to a few hundred thousand if you go global), so then the question becomes what fraction of them actually play Pathfinder or could be attracted to do so if an AP for them came out . . . .

I really don't care to be completely honest.

Unless you know someone willing to spend a grand on my gently used Kingmaker...

Might be an interesting experiment to see how high the bidding for it would go on eBay . . . .


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Adventure Path, Lost Omens, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game Subscriber
Kalindlara wrote:
A quick disclaimer: Gorbacz does not have the power to destroy Tian Xia.

However, should we find a sufficiently massive portable hole to feed him...


Pathfinder Adventure Path Subscriber
Cole Deschain wrote:
Kalindlara wrote:
A quick disclaimer: Gorbacz does not have the power to destroy Tian Xia.

However, should we find a sufficiently massive portable hole to feed him...

Mh maybe in the end he turns out to be a bagged Aboleth or something.

Then we could get an adventure were imperial dragons, kraken, oni, spider thingies and others join to fight him off!

Shadow Lodge

Cole Deschain wrote:
Kalindlara wrote:
A quick disclaimer: Gorbacz does not have the power to destroy Tian Xia.

However, should we find a sufficiently massive portable hole to feed him...

Aren't portable holes massless?


I want to see happenings in Taldor. I have a thing for decadent, almost harmless empires proving not so harmless to the new kids on the block.

Sadly, it does not share a border with Cheliax, that would have been an easy conflict. However, there is room enough for a heavily intrigue-based adventures, a volatile border with Qadira, a slightly less openly so with Galt, and all the fun you might have with invaders over the eastern mountains. Even the oh so nice Andoran may decide that it can spread its virtues over parts of its parent state.


You can add Taldor to my want list as well.


2 people marked this as a favorite.

So. You know what I want that I know will likely not happen?

An Adventure Path that is not human-centric. I want an AP in which the most reasonable thing is the players not all being humans. An AP in which they have to think about how their human-because-they-are-so-good PCs actually fit into the setting.

My thought is a dwarven campaign. Take a bunch of dwarves in a Sky Citadel of your choosing. Have something terrible come out of the paths to the Underdark, to serve as a catalyst. Have the PCs have to mount an expedition deep into the bowels of the Earth in order to solve the resulting problem.

Bonus points if there is an NPC Wizard you have to sacrifice to escape a Pit Fiend.


Asurie wrote:

So. You know what I want that I know will likely not happen?

An Adventure Path that is not human-centric. I want an AP in which the most reasonable thing is the players not all being humans. An AP in which they have to think about how their human-because-they-are-so-good PCs actually fit into the setting.

My thought is a dwarven campaign. Take a bunch of dwarves in a Sky Citadel of your choosing. Have something terrible come out of the paths to the Underdark, to serve as a catalyst. Have the PCs have to mount an expedition deep into the bowels of the Earth in order to solve the resulting problem.

Lycanthropes, they apparently don't count as humans/humanoids.


Pathfinder Adventure Path, Lost Omens, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game Subscriber
Asurie wrote:
An Adventure Path that is not human-centric. I want an AP in which the most reasonable thing is the players not all being humans. An AP in which they have to think about how their human-because-they-are-so-good PCs actually fit into the setting.

Despite my love of all-human games... we're about due for a "humans might have some headaches here" scenario.

Only catch is, who plays well with others? The dwarf option presented isn't so much "not human-centric" as it is "play dwarves or prepare to be less than invested."

Half-Elves and Half-Orcs deal well with others, but lack any real defined area of control, Elves may not be intended to be isolationist snobs, but they're a sort of hard sell for anything but "curbstomp Treerazer" (unless... I hear Castrovel is lovely and relatively human-free... elves and Lashunta would be good go-tos for that), Gnomes... well,a Gnome/Halfling centered AP could play with things being sized for Small characters.

Hrm hrm hrm. Founding a nation for half-orcs, half-elves and halflings to call their own....

Or an all-Darklands campaign (granted, PC options are light on the ground down there and the power curve is pretty steep, but...)


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Adventure Path Subscriber

Well, in Tian Xia there are several nations not run and dominated by humans...


Asurie wrote:

So. You know what I want that I know will likely not happen?

An Adventure Path that is not human-centric. I want an AP in which the most reasonable thing is the players not all being humans. An AP in which they have to think about how their human-because-they-are-so-good PCs actually fit into the setting.
{. . .}

Not exactly what you want, but it seems to me that if players put their minds together, they could make a very powerful Giantslayer party of 3 out of 4 Halfling characters that would be difficult to duplicate well with an all-Human party (actually, 3 of the 4 really need to be Halflings for technical reasons). I bring this up because the nature of the enemies in Giantslayer seem to really lend themselves to this -- you want to take advantage of being smaller than your enemies, but in the 1st book it doesn't work unless you are Small, and then only Halflings get certain other advantages. Slightly updated (mainly trimmed down to 4 PCs, and mention an Occult alternative) version of what I posted here, which in turn links to an older post:

1. Bard (or maybe Skald or Mesmerist). Could alternatively be any race that makes a decent archer Bard (or Skald or Mesmerist); Medium race is fine for this position (even helps a hair with damage output), although it breaks the theme of all-Small or all-(Small+Dwarf) (since Dwarves have a hard time being Bards or Skalds).
2. Underfoot Adept Monk built for Monkey Shining, but with a 1 level dip in Mouser. Really needs to be a Halfling, although substitution is possible if you really insist (but keep in mind that Underfoot Adept is a Halfling-specific Monk archetype).
3. Ninja (or Unchained Rogue Filcher archetype) built for Dirty Tricks and eventually Ranged Sneak Attack, and eventually becoming Halfling Opportunist (prestige class -- eventually makes ALL your Attacks of Opportunity into Sneak Attacks). Really needs to be a Halfling (even if you use Racial Heritage to qualify for Halfling Opportunist and/or Filcher Rogue as Human, you won't have the Halfling Luck to use with the Exceptionally Lucky class feature).
4. Witch specializing in debuffing (focus Hexes mainly on this, but leave room for Healing and eventually Major Healing) including Jinxing (focus feats on this), with secondary focus on AoE damage and battlefield control, eventually including Area Jinx. Really needs to be a Halfling (as above, if you aren't a Halfling, you won't have the Halfling Jinx to use with this). Caution: This will be the only 9/9 caster in the party.

The thematic justification for this party would be that they were all slaves in Cheliax and/or one of the adjacent countries, and escaped, with possible exceptions for one or two people that helped the rest of the party members to escape. Note that this party theme would tend to mean that none of them are Trunau locals, although it is possible that one of them is a Trunau local who got kidnapped and enslaved, or a traveler from Trunau who decided to help the others escape slavery. Potential plot hook from this background: Agents from Cheliax (especially Hellknights of the Order of the Chain and/or Order of the Scourge and/or their associates) come after them.


I might expect Starfinder to more more non-human centric but I do not have any info on that besides what is commonly known and my experience with some games like it in the past.

MDC

The Exchange

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Samy wrote:

I'm for pretty much anything that goes outside Avistan, with the top five being, roughly in order of preference:

Arcadia
Distant Worlds
Vudra
Tian Xia
"Planescape"

Others that would be nice:
Southern Garund
Iblydos
Mwangi
Qadira

I like Samy's list. I think it is a very solid form for next ones.


Hayato Ken wrote:

Seems most people missed or neglect on purpose the most important statement about something new Tian Xia....

That is?


Pathfinder Adventure Path Subscriber
Thurston Hillman wrote:
Hayato Ken wrote:
Thurston Hillman wrote:

Oh, how I would LOVE to do more things with Druma. There are Plans™ in the forefront of my brain pan for that lovely richest of rich places... assuming I can ever convince people to let me write them! :)

...

DRUMA LODGE!!!!

I would prefer you writing TianXia stuff^^
Prepare to be pleasantly surprised in the near-ish future? :)

This above here.

Dark Archive

I would like to see more AP's where you play the bad guy

101 to 150 of 687 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Pathfinder / Pathfinder Adventure Path / General Discussion / What AP would you like to see next? 2018 / 19 Edition! All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.