A request to fans of 3pp books


Product Discussion

101 to 150 of 299 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | next > last >>

Little Red Goblin Games wrote:
Btw we have a standing policy of "we will send any reviewer any material they request". If you ever wanted to do a LRGG product and was like, "Hmm- that's like $10... but it's 200+ pages..." just hit us up and we'll send it over to you!

Ok, I'll bite it, any chance You can give me Racial Guide 3: Races of Darkness?


@Malwing

Oh. Em. Gee.


I've been too busy with my day-job to put together more reviews recently, but I did cross-post my Remarkable Races Submerged: The Sunken Relluk to DriveThruRPG.com. I was going to cross-post my other reviews as well, but that site doesn't allow me to post unless I own a copy from their service. It'd be nice if they had the feature Amazon does of distinguishing between those who have a "Verified Purchase" and other reviewers, but oh well.

I've been choosing which products to review more or less at random, but going forward, I'll try to focus on products that are currently sitting at 0-1 reviews.

@Malwing, good luck! I'm sitting on over 160 products yet to review, and don't imagine I'll finish by the end of the year, by which time I'll almost definitely have plenty more added to the pile. x.x


3 people marked this as a favorite.

I posted my second review last night. If I ever want to get through all the products I've bought, I need to shorten them significantly!


1 person marked this as a favorite.

Malwing: Thats a nice sized list you have there!

Also: Meh, i also need to break down and write a few short ones for a few of my favorites. You are a horrible inspiration that makes me do Work! =(

Contributor

Anyone want to review any of the Bite Me! lycanthrope line by Misfit Studios, drop me a message with your rpgnow email addy. We have weremantises coming up soon for the line.


3 people marked this as a favorite.

Next one. When I started this, I wanted to write less then Endzeitgeist did in his reviews. Well, I failed even while building up on his thoughts...

Magic Diseases by Rogue Genius Games (Bullet Point subseries)

Have fun!


2 people marked this as a favorite.

My Rule Zero: Underlings review is now up on RPGnet.

I also reviewed Way of the Wicked, Book One, over a year ago as well.

As the latter was read over 2,000 times, this is a great way to generate spotlight.


2 people marked this as a favorite.

5 more today. Mostly the Thunderscape supplement books. Those are some of my favorite third party classes and they get a fat amount of support from the supplement PDFs. But still that's five off of that really long list.


1 person marked this as a favorite.

I'm hoping the inspiration I'm feeling right now results in some reviews from me, so I'm dotting this. Keep up the good work, all.

My list isn't like Malwing's, but it's grown by leaps and bounds lately - I need to pay it forward.


I have posted my first two reviews. I have bought most things over the past two years from here and d20pfsrd. Is it possible to post reviews at drivethrurpg without shopping there?


Smoo979 wrote:
I have posted my first two reviews. I have bought most things over the past two years from here and d20pfsrd. Is it possible to post reviews at drivethrurpg without shopping there?

Others have said no - but you might be able to post reviews at Amazon if the books available there.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Smoo979 wrote:
I have posted my first two reviews. I have bought most things over the past two years from here and d20pfsrd. Is it possible to post reviews at drivethrurpg without shopping there?

You can post a review on d20pfsrd Open Gaming Store or Paizo without having purchased the product from that site. At Drivethrurpg (aka OBS or One Book Shelf), you have to have purchased the product from that site to review it. I, too, purchase most of my books through d20pfsrd, primarily because of the philanthropy that John and Debbie have done to help gamers in need and how nice he's been to me when I've contacted him.

President, Jon Brazer Enterprises

bookrat wrote:
because of the philanthropy that John and Debbie have done to help gamers in need and how nice he's been to me when I've contacted him.

John is an awesome guy.

Scarab Sages RPG Superstar 2008 Top 4; Contributor; Publisher, Legendary Games

2 people marked this as a favorite.
Dale McCoy Jr wrote:
bookrat wrote:
because of the philanthropy that John and Debbie have done to help gamers in need and how nice he's been to me when I've contacted him.
John is an awesome guy.

Truth.


2 people marked this as a favorite.

Another supplement:

Waysides: Rock Bottom by Christina Stiles Present (Rogue Genius Games)

Have fun!


3 people marked this as a favorite.

Okay I'm working on the rest of the PDFs on my tablet but I realized that my list has no real rhyme or reason so I wanted to offer this:

If you have a product that's on my big list and does not have a review, let me know and I'll put it on my priority list which is essentially my 'review first' list which I'll begin once I'm done with the things on my tablet. Currently Book of Heroic Races Compendium is the only thing on my priority list.

Greedy of me but I'll also put gifts on my priority list.

Otherwise I'll just review things in the order that they appear on my computer.

I'm also going to slow down this week and by next week will make a number of reviews each weekday based on how long it takes to read them thoroughly at a rate of about 100 pages a day.

President, Jon Brazer Enterprises

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Malwing wrote:
Currently Book of Heroic Races Compendium is ... on my priority list.

Wahoo!!!

Contributor

Oliver Volland wrote:

Another supplement:

Waysides: Rock Bottom by Christina Stiles Present (Rogue Genius Games)

Have fun!

Thank you for reviewing!

Contributor

Christina Stiles wrote:

Anyone want to review any of the Bite Me! lycanthrope line by Misfit Studios, drop me a message with your rpgnow email addy. We have weremantises coming up soon for the line.

No one wants to take me up on comp review copies of Playing Lycanthropes, Wereblooded, Skindancers, and such?


3 people marked this as a favorite.

Four dollar dungeons. Endzeitgeist has done better reviews for these than I ever could. Read. Buy. Play. Repeat. Especially Marina and the upcoming holy island.


Christina Stiles wrote:
Christina Stiles wrote:

Anyone want to review any of the Bite Me! lycanthrope line by Misfit Studios, drop me a message with your rpgnow email addy. We have weremantises coming up soon for the line.

No one wants to take me up on comp review copies of Playing Lycanthropes, Wereblooded, Skindancers, and such?

I would, but I still have to review cackle of gnolls.


Christina Stiles wrote:
Christina Stiles wrote:

Anyone want to review any of the Bite Me! lycanthrope line by Misfit Studios, drop me a message with your rpgnow email addy. We have weremantises coming up soon for the line.

No one wants to take me up on comp review copies of Playing Lycanthropes, Wereblooded, Skindancers, and such?

I would, especially as a guy in my Plunder & Peril game has been afflicted by a werecrocodile, but the review would be a while away. If the offer stands when I'm done with my current list (consisting mainly of Flaming Crab stuff), I'll take you up on it.

Contributor

El Ronza wrote:


I would, especially as a guy in my Plunder & Peril game has been afflicted by a werecrocodile, but the review would be a while away. If the offer stands when I'm done with my current list (consisting mainly of Flaming Crab stuff), I'll take you up on it.

Please do! Also, we have a werecrodile manuscript heading to editing soon.


I try to get a small review out on everything I buy. The things I have particularly strong feelings about I bust out a word document and review section by section.


2 people marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Adventure Path, Lost Omens, Rulebook, Starfinder Roleplaying Game Subscriber

I'm trying not to overcommit to reviews: I have a lot on my plate right now, which makes it a bit harder, so I want to get my current books done before I do any more.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Goznaz wrote:
Four dollar dungeons. Endzeitgeist has done better reviews for these than I ever could. Read. Buy. Play. Repeat. Especially Marina and the upcoming holy island.

Many thanks :-)

Holy Island is out now, BTW:

http://paizo.com/products/btpy9dhm?Holy-Island

Richard


I thought I'd post a list of Flaming Crab books that don't have reviews yet (on Paizo, anyway). At least 10 people have free copies of each book, since Alex always gives away 10 books with each new release.

Advanced Archetypes II
Bosco's Spell Compendium (which is free to everyone)
The Demon Shaman Base Class
Hunter Archetypes

Of course, we're also glad for any other books you might like to review as well!


Just two more today but they were relatively long books. Look em up in my profile. They were previously unreviewed on Paizo.


JGray wrote:

I thought I'd post a list of Flaming Crab books that don't have reviews yet (on Paizo, anyway). At least 10 people have free copies of each book, since Alex always gives away 10 books with each new release.

Advanced Archetypes II
Bosco's Spell Compendium (which is free to everyone)
The Demon Shaman Base Class
Hunter Archetypes

Of course, we're also glad for any other books you might like to review as well!

I was about to start working my way through all the freebies I picked up from Flaming Crab Games. I'll start with those ones! (Actually, I'll do Cavalier Archetypes first, since I'm halfway through re-reading it and it's bloody amazing.)

Contributor

Malwing wrote:
Just two more today but they were relatively long books. Look em up in my profile. They were previously unreviewed on Paizo.

Cool! I worked on Construct Companion, so I very much appreciate your taking the time to review it.


Reviews of The Entobian and Eldritch Conjuror are up. Sadly, the EC earned my first 1-star review. I was kinda looking forward to it, too. =[


Christina Stiles wrote:
Christina Stiles wrote:

Anyone want to review any of the Bite Me! lycanthrope line by Misfit Studios, drop me a message with your rpgnow email addy. We have weremantises coming up soon for the line.

No one wants to take me up on comp review copies of Playing Lycanthropes, Wereblooded, Skindancers, and such?

Hey Christina, I bought and reviewed Bite Me! Wereblooded. I'm curious about the rest of the line because I have a recurring campaign setting with a lot of lycanthropes. Now from the Strange Brew kickstarter I have a b&w softcover copy of Bite Me! The Gaming Guide for Lycanthropes coming at some point and I have some confusion about what's in it. From what I can tell from Bite Me!'s kickstarter (I wasn't a part of that) the current Bite Me products are eventually going to be a part of the softcover book. If that's true and I can prove that I got the kickstarter book coming to me do you think I can get a copy of some of the Bite Me! pdfs for review?

Contributor

Malwing, I will happily send you the pdfs for review. I'm trying to get the last bit of the Book through layout, but it will be comprised of what we have released plus more. Additionally, we have advanced race versions of weres coming out over the next few months. They will eventually be compiled in another book.


1 person marked this as a favorite.

If you want to hone your review skills on some free pubs and also give budding designers some feedback, Wayfinder is always looking for reviews. There's 12 issues out now, and Usta-loving #13 comes out at PaizoCon!

The ENnie Gold-winning Wayfinder #8 and Judges' Spotlight-honored issue #4 only have three reviews between them, making them the two least-reviewed Pathfinder-system books tagged as ENnie winners in the Paizo store.


3 people marked this as a favorite.

Well, starting on my reviewing career, I reviewed Tome of Twisted Things from Little Red Goblins. Ok I admit, I reviewed the avenger, but he's the reason I bought the book (thanks, Endzeitgeist).

My reviews won't be long, and will deal with more of train of thought I got from reading the book rather than supreme number crunching/in-depth analysis. I expect I will do a small product every couple of days and do more likeable ones with small number of reviews firstly.

EDIT - a question for reviewers, how do you review adventures. Mostly I've seen either going in details like Endz, or just saying it was great. When it comes to adventures I admit, I tend to look at critics 'cause bad spots are more important to see IMO. But I've only read all the adventures I bought, haven't run through any of them so cannot (usually) tell bad spots from just reading for fun.


Today's reviews: Bosco's Spell Compendium and Cavalier Orders, both from Flaming Crab Games.


A new review of mine:

Bite Me! Skindancers by Misfit Studios

Have fun!


The next one:

Ongoing Investigations: Character Options for Investigators by Necromancers of the Northwest

Have fun!


necromental wrote:

Well, starting on my reviewing career, I reviewed Tome of Twisted Things from Little Red Goblins. Ok I admit, I reviewed the avenger, but he's the reason I bought the book (thanks, Endzeitgeist).

My reviews won't be long, and will deal with more of train of thought I got from reading the book rather than supreme number crunching/in-depth analysis. I expect I will do a small product every couple of days and do more likeable ones with small number of reviews firstly.

EDIT - a question for reviewers, how do you review adventures. Mostly I've seen either going in details like Endz, or just saying it was great. When it comes to adventures I admit, I tend to look at critics 'cause bad spots are more important to see IMO. But I've only read all the adventures I bought, haven't run through any of them so cannot (usually) tell bad spots from just reading for fun.

Thanks so much for the review!


1 person marked this as a favorite.

Today's efforts: Advanced Archetypes and Advanced Archetypes II by Flaming Crab Games!


2 people marked this as a favorite.

Been slowed down lately but 5 more reviews since I last posted. Also bumping for more visibility thus more people encouraged to review more.


Did two today for Forrest Guardian press Fighter Nuances and TPK Games Feat Reforged I: Core Feats.


2 people marked this as a favorite.

Just did a long one. Spheres of Power. Its five stars and a tough contender for best product ever.


2 people marked this as a favorite.

I only buy what I can use and only review what I have read so I have a very limited 3PP collection at the moment. As it is, I find myself gravitating towards certain companies like Raging Swan, Dreamscarred Press, Fat Goblin, Rogue Genius Games, etc. Doing my best to do more reviews.


Brother Fen wrote:
I only buy what I can use and only review what I have read so I have a very limited 3PP collection at the moment. As it is, I find myself gravitating towards certain companies like Raging Swan, Dreamscarred Press, Fat Goblin, Rogue Genius Games, etc. Doing my best to do more reviews.

Glad to hear it, my friend ^_^ I know it's always exciting on my end to see a new review up. Terrifying, but exciting.


1 person marked this as a favorite.

Covenant Magic: Further Covenants reviewed! It's not strange to review the third book in a series without reviewing the first two is it?

Thanks to Malwing and co for providing so many reviews these past few weeks! It makes me wish I had more money!!

Dark Archive

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Malwing wrote:
Just did a long one. Spheres of Power. Its five stars and a tough contender for best product ever.

Based on the review, I'm probably going to buy this! Tell them to send you a kickback. :)


Ken Pawlik wrote:
Covenant Magic: Further Covenants reviewed! It's not strange to review the third book in a series without reviewing the first two is it?

It don't think so. In other media that happens all the time. People will review an issue of Amazing Spider-man without having reviewed Amazing Fantasy 15. All that I think is appropriate for that kind of review is familiarity with the original release.

I think someone review Covenant Magic: Further Covenants without having read Legendary Classes: Covenant Magic would be deeply, deeply confused.


1 person marked this as a favorite.

I have a side question; How often have any of you bought something as a result of a good review or avoided something due to a bad review?

Ii know that although I look for things to fill a viod or appease a need I do rely on reviews because I loathe to modify and house rule too often so try to get stable products.

101 to 150 of 299 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Pathfinder / Pathfinder First Edition / Third-Party Pathfinder RPG Products / Product Discussion / A request to fans of 3pp books All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.