Deep 6 FaWtL


Off-Topic Discussions

139,601 to 139,650 of 240,556 << first < prev | 2788 | 2789 | 2790 | 2791 | 2792 | 2793 | 2794 | 2795 | 2796 | 2797 | 2798 | next > last >>

1 person marked this as a favorite.

Also: oh, Erfworld. Vinnie, Don, and the rest: you absolute morons. You are literally making an enemy out of a could-be ally on the day before they are released from your care.

Sigh. "That awkward moment when Stan is the smartest person on the comic..."

EDIT: Naturally. Now: Re-dressed!

Shadow Lodge

1 person marked this as a favorite.

I am so behind on Erfworld it's not even funny.

Granted that's far from the only comic I'm way behind on. Unsounded, Paranatural, and Gunnerkrigg Court jump immediately to mind. I think the only ones I'm keeping up on these days properly are OOTS (and then only due to the updates on the thread discussing it here), Wilde Life (because Scint keeps telling me when it updates), and Widdershins (same as Wilde Life).


2 people marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Adventure Path, Rulebook, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game, Starfinder Society Subscriber

I have heard of exactly none of those.

I'm that far behind on comics. :-)

They put them on the web now.

Shadow Lodge

3 people marked this as a favorite.

I could've sworn I've seen you post in the OOTS thread =P

Quick summary of the rest:

> Erfworld: Genre-savvy uber-nerd gets sucked into fantasy world he created.
> Unsounded: Thief princess and her undead mage bodyguard have adventures. VERY brutal, VERY dark, VERY gory and surreal on occasion. STRONG warnings for people who have problems with violence, especially towards children, and rape; this comic HEAVILY features criminals doing criminal things - starting at banditry and working its way up quickly - and does NOT shy from the darkest, most sinister aspects of those occupations.
> Paranatural: Wacky adventures starring kids at a high school who have special bonds with ghostly creatures. May or may not feature (government?) conspiracies and secretive organizations.
> Gunnerkrigg Court: Two girls at an extremely esoteric boarding school bordering a forest of magical creatures. Heavy modern vs. tradition, magic vs. tech themes.
> Wilde Life: Would-be author moves to middle-of-nowhere Oklahoma and becomes friends with a ghost and a werewolf (who is THE most well-written, most accurate teenage character ever). Further weirdness ensues.
> Widdershins: Series of vignettes centered around a British town where a magical anchor is. Heavy Deadly Sins themes.


1 person marked this as a favorite.

Order of the Stick is one I recognize that Orthos mentioned. It's at www.giantitp.com. Good story, funny, lots of character development.

Shadow Lodge

1 person marked this as a favorite.

I recommend all of the ones I mentioned, btw. They're all great stories in their own way.

I just do recommend a GREAT deal of caution with Unsounded. The first chapter or two is very lighthearted, and after that it takes a DEEP dive into a combination of pure WTF, NOPE, and OHGODWHY. It is NOT a happy comic. But DAMN if it isn't pretty, and EXCELLENTLY written.


1 person marked this as a favorite.

I'll check out unsounded for actual evil things being done by evil people alone.

Erfworld got too nerdy for me, and that's saying something.


1 person marked this as a favorite.

I gave up on Erfworld back when they started doing all those endless side stories and not actually making a comic.

I will steal clear of the rape comic thanks for the warning.


Pathfinder Adventure Path, Rulebook, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game, Starfinder Society Subscriber

Took me awhile to figure out OOTS was Order of the Stick.

But no, haven't really read it, maybe occasionally, when someone links it.

Also evidently there's some halfling almost porn comic with a halfling named Tammy. O_o

Still trying to figure out how I feel about that.

Honestly, I haven't read comics in a decade at least.


Blarg.

A post got lost somehow.

Try-try-again!

Freehold DM wrote:
Erfworld got too nerdy for me, and that's saying something.

I'm curious at which point that was?

Aranna wrote:
I gave up on Erfworld back when they started doing all those endless side stories and not actually making a comic.

That makes sense. I agree that originally they felt discordant, but they are actually really useful and important.

First, the comic has gone through several artists - it's lost its first three, and is on the fourth (I believe) at this point (all for different reasons - I think it was that the first got a new job that actually paid much better, the second had family troubles, the third just couldn't keep up with it).

As a result, the author had to either generate random blog updates, put the comic on hiatus, or... what he did.

Which... is actually a pretty cool way to go, over-all.

"Hey, guys, I can't actually keep the comic updating as a comic, due to forces more or less entirely beyond my control - so here, have actual new content that opens up the world's lore and tells you a lot that I couldn't actually have put in the comic anyway!"

Again, I do agree that it started a bit awkward... but by this point, it's actually worked out pretty well over-all.

(I understand if it's not your cup of tea, but it works for me!)


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Adventure Path, Rulebook, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game, Starfinder Society Subscriber

Dial A Swede, Google it, try it.


1 person marked this as a favorite.

Okay.

I am f*~~ing LOVING the art in unsounded. I'm almost upset and offended that Orthos failed to mention how BEAUTIFUL some of these panels are. My god. I have two new backgrounds already. Also, the main character reminds me of orthos. If he were, you know, undead.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Adventure Path, Rulebook, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game, Starfinder Society Subscriber

I guess we'll have to drag him out into the sun, and see if he sparkles.

It's the only way to be sure.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
captain yesterday wrote:

Took me awhile to figure out OOTS was Order of the Stick.

But no, haven't really read it, maybe occasionally, when someone links it.

Also evidently there's some halfling almost porn comic with a halfling named Tammy. O_o

Still trying to figure out how I feel about that.

Honestly, I haven't read comics in a decade at least.

Are you sure you aren't thinking of alfie? Because that IS porn and it it AWESOME. The art is GORGEOUS, and the little touches of reality when it comes to the sex parts (primarily gravity and it's effects) are WONDERFUL.

Silver Crusade

6 people marked this as a favorite.
Freehold DM wrote:
Also, fever is officially broken

Are we talking CoDzilla broken, or Book of Nine Swords broken?

*ducks*

Silver Crusade

1 person marked this as a favorite.

Afternoon, all. What did I miss?


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Adventure Path, Rulebook, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game, Starfinder Society Subscriber

Comics, and comic porn.

Tacticslion is flashing his mane.

If you call Dial a Swede, you'll be connected to a random Swedish person, in celebration of their 250 years of emancipation.

Orthos, may, or may not be Undead.

Shadow Lodge

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Freehold DM wrote:

Okay.

I am f*+%ing LOVING the art in unsounded. I'm almost upset and offended that Orthos failed to mention how BEAUTIFUL some of these panels are. My god. I have two new backgrounds already. Also, the main character reminds me of orthos. If he were, you know, undead.

Orthos wrote:

I recommend all of the ones I mentioned, btw. They're all great stories in their own way.

I just do recommend a GREAT deal of caution with Unsounded. The first chapter or two is very lighthearted, and after that it takes a DEEP dive into a combination of pure WTF, NOPE, and OHGODWHY. It is NOT a happy comic. But DAMN if it isn't pretty, and EXCELLENTLY written.


6 people marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Adventure Subscriber
captain yesterday wrote:
Dial A Swede, Google it, try it.

Got a whole bunch of 'em on speed dial. :p


Orthos wrote:
Freehold DM wrote:

Okay.

I am f*+%ing LOVING the art in unsounded. I'm almost upset and offended that Orthos failed to mention how BEAUTIFUL some of these panels are. My god. I have two new backgrounds already. Also, the main character reminds me of orthos. If he were, you know, undead.

Orthos wrote:

I recommend all of the ones I mentioned, btw. They're all great stories in their own way.

I just do recommend a GREAT deal of caution with Unsounded. The first chapter or two is very lighthearted, and after that it takes a DEEP dive into a combination of pure WTF, NOPE, and OHGODWHY. It is NOT a happy comic. But DAMN if it isn't pretty, and EXCELLENTLY written.

pretty doesn't even come close to describing some of these. They're GORGEOUS!


2 people marked this as a favorite.
Celestial Healer wrote:
Freehold DM wrote:
Also, fever is officially broken

Are we talking CoDzilla broken, or Book of Nine Swords broken?

*ducks*

just for that I'm making sure we talk to at least two passerby about cunnilingus. I'll have you wear the "eat [picture of kitten] now, ask me how!" shirt.

Grand Lodge

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Adventure, Rulebook Subscriber; Pathfinder Battles Case Subscriber

Unsounded is wonderful. Much approve.


2 people marked this as a favorite.

You want amazing art try Spindrift comic. Just beware it updates super slowly.


Pathfinder Adventure Path, Rulebook, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game, Starfinder Society Subscriber

I've clearly been missing out.


Aranna wrote:
You want amazing art try Spindrift comic. Just beware it updates super slowly.

I'll check it out


Celestial Healer wrote:
Afternoon, all. What did I miss?

Don't actually remember when you posted here last!

CHANCE TO TALK ABOUT MYSELF! WOO~!

I created slashfic (or something, if that's not what it's called; I dunno).

Talked about time travel (not sure if FaWtL knows this one).

I'm looking for new mythic terms.

My drow game has bunny tales, but is otherwise coming along quite well, with a few lore elements that could be interesting (and apparently have some appearance to drow tales in FH's impression, though I think it's only a topical, passing similarity, to me). :D

Also, I'm getting into drowtales (sort of) again, after a break of... I really don't know how long. It's changed a lot.

EDIT: to make an important note... >.>


2 people marked this as a favorite.
captain yesterday wrote:
Dial A Swede, Google it, try it.

My girlfriend and I are totally doing this over the weekend. The 'Why is no Swede answering when I am calling?' FAQ made me lol. :D

Now I just have to think of a few questions to ask my random Swede.


3 people marked this as a favorite.
Kajehase wrote:
captain yesterday wrote:
Dial A Swede, Google it, try it.
Got a whole bunch of 'em on speed dial. :p

I prefer Text A Turnip, personally.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Adventure Path, Rulebook, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game, Starfinder Society Subscriber

You're the one sending me all those texts!!

I keep telling you, I ain't no Turnip.


1 person marked this as a favorite.

Then why do you text back?


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Adventure Path, Rulebook, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game, Starfinder Society Subscriber

I don't want to be rude. :-)


Well, friends, a dark day has befallen us all.

Truly, this leave no one unaffected, here in FaWtL.

GameBanshee seems to no longer have their Neverwinter Nights, Shadows of Undrentide, or Hordes of the Underdark walkthroughs up on their site.

Yes, our collective fears have been realized: after twelve years, they've decided to allow such things to pass. We all mourn their passage, it's true. Alas...

:/

EDIT: NOPE, it's still there! Just absurdly hard to get to.

(Looking for the game title, just... gives you the game title. You have to Google the GameBanshee Walkthrough, sit through an advertisement that stays for several minutes after it was supposed to end ("You will automatically be redirected" counted down to -94 seconds) and then wait for a blank screen to load.

Rejoice!


At least their Jade Empire walk through is still up. Hm... I wonder if there is a different way for get to the walkthroughs than just looking it up. Google has not been helpful. Hmmmmm... just directs you to a couple degrees away. It Liiiiiiiiiiiives~!

EDIT: Huzzah!


Dang it, GameBanshee! You have failed me! After all that the useless tidbit of esoteric lore I needed you for, is not to be found within your libram of antiquated knowledge~! BLAARRRRGGG~!

;P


Jade Empire... I downloaded the free giveaway of this but found it too primitive to play.


1 person marked this as a favorite.

I tried installing it, but it wouldn't work. Might give it another go, since I now have a functional computer.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Adventure Path, Rulebook, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game, Starfinder Society Subscriber

Yay! After a crap day for temperatures, things improve, 40s, 50s, and even a 60 all in store, starting Sunday.


1 person marked this as a favorite.

It's going to be twenty some odd degrees tomorrow.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Adventure Path, Rulebook, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game, Starfinder Society Subscriber

Should I get a sweater vest... they're surprisingly cheap...


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Adventure Path, Rulebook, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game, Starfinder Society Subscriber
Freehold DM wrote:
It's going to be twenty some odd degrees tomorrow.

we're looking at 38 tomorrow, then forties and fifties after that. I'm over it personally, and would rather it got a bit warmer, 70 felt really good, that one day.


3 people marked this as a favorite.
captain yesterday wrote:
Should I get a sweater vest... they're surprisingly cheap...

Yes, you should. Nothing says 'I'm a father' like a nice sweater vest, worn with a bow tie when you're helping the boy build a train set, pipe clenched between teeth (yours, not the boy's. Or the train's) and wife cheerily baking pies in the kitchen.


3 people marked this as a favorite.

And now I am reading Alfie. I hope you are happy with yourself, FHDM!


2 people marked this as a favorite.
Drejk wrote:
And now I am reading Alfie. I hope you are happy with yourself, FHDM!

very, very much so.


2 people marked this as a favorite.

Burger King be serving up my food so fast it's suspicious.


1 person marked this as a favorite.

Every time it snows I rejoice that it will be the last time till Dec... and yet it just keeps tossing new snow at me. I watch the plows rumble past with a sense of the forces of weather playing a cruel joke on me.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Aranna wrote:
Every time it snows I rejoice that it will be the last time till Dec... and yet it just keeps tossing new snow at me. I watch the plows rumble past with a sense of the forces of weather playing a cruel joke on me.

heh..


1 person marked this as a favorite.

You know... maybe I will just enjoy the snow for just this one day. It really is quite beautiful with the snow encrusted trees. Besides if the weather really IS playing with me it will sense my enjoyment and probably toss an 80 or 90 degree heat wave at me next.


3 people marked this as a favorite.
Aranna wrote:
You know... maybe I will just enjoy the snow for just this one day. It really is quite beautiful with the snow encrusted trees. Besides if the weather really IS playing with me it will sense my enjoyment and probably toss an 80 or 90 degree heat wave at me next.

yes aranna...enjoy the snow...

Spoiler:
camera zooms out to reveal all aranna knows in this life and world is actually in a snow globe on Freehold's desk


2 people marked this as a favorite.

gets out jackhammer, puts on safety glasses.

Not us man, we're breaking out of here!

139,601 to 139,650 of 240,556 << first < prev | 2788 | 2789 | 2790 | 2791 | 2792 | 2793 | 2794 | 2795 | 2796 | 2797 | 2798 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Gamer Life / Off-Topic Discussions / Deep 6 FaWtL All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.