Deep 6 FaWtL


Off-Topic Discussions

139,701 to 139,750 of 236,485 << first < prev | 2790 | 2791 | 2792 | 2793 | 2794 | 2795 | 2796 | 2797 | 2798 | 2799 | 2800 | next > last >>

2 people marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Adventure Path, Rulebook, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game, Starfinder Society Subscriber

Maybe he's a Vertebrateist.

Edit: typical.


1 person marked this as a favorite.

Nope. Just don't like 'em.

Saddest moment of NobodysWife's life: We were atop Harrah's in South Lake Tahoe, and she was enjoying what she called, "The best crab I've ever tasted. If you don't like this, you'll never like crab!"
I tried it and, meh. Doesn't make me gag, but I'd rather not eat it.

And considering the price and the number of people around me who LOVE it, I figure I'll leave it to them.

The whole "invertebrates" thing was just us coming to the realization that all the foods I didn't like had that in common:
- Crab
- Lobster
- Shrimp/prawns
- Clams/oysters
- Squid
- Octopus
- Jellyfish
- Sea urchin

It's not 100% accurate; I'm not averse to scallops, while I don't particularly care for eel or organ meats. But it's a good 90%+ bet, so I tell my friends that and they know what they can order for me.

EDIT: The truly weird: I HATE liver, but when forced to try some local handmade haggis in Scotland I LOVED it. I have never had any haggis that was anything short of revolting in the U.S., though. (Even stuff marked as imported from Scotland.)


2 people marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Adventure Path, Rulebook, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game, Starfinder Society Subscriber

I hate mayonnaise, but dig a well made potato salad (no onions!)


Pathfinder Adventure Path, Rulebook, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game, Starfinder Society Subscriber

You haven't lived until you've had Lutefisk. :-)


1 person marked this as a favorite.
NobodysHome wrote:

Nope. Just don't like 'em.

Saddest moment of NobodysWife's life: We were atop Harrah's in South Lake Tahoe, and she was enjoying what she called, "The best crab I've ever tasted. If you don't like this, you'll never like crab!"
I tried it and, meh. Doesn't make me gag, but I'd rather not eat it.

And considering the price and the number of people around me who LOVE it, I figure I'll leave it to them.

The whole "invertebrates" thing was just us coming to the realization that all the foods I didn't like had that in common:
- Crab
- Lobster
- Shrimp/prawns
- Clams/oysters
- Squid
- Octopus
- Jellyfish
- Sea urchin

It's not 100% accurate; I'm not averse to scallops, while I don't particularly care for eel or organ meats. But it's a good 90%+ bet, so I tell my friends that and they know what they can order for me.

EDIT: The truly weird: I HATE liver, but when forced to try some local handmade haggis in Scotland I LOVED it. I have never had any haggis that was anything short of revolting in the U.S., though. (Even stuff marked as imported from Scotland.)

I had no idea people ate jellyfish, I must say.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Aranna wrote:
Is it bad that the auto correct on my phone knows FaWtL as a word?

you mean it isn't?


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Adventure Path, Rulebook, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game, Starfinder Society Subscriber

You should see the f@+%ing words I've programmed into my phone. :-)


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Limeylongears wrote:
NobodysHome wrote:

Nope. Just don't like 'em.

Saddest moment of NobodysWife's life: We were atop Harrah's in South Lake Tahoe, and she was enjoying what she called, "The best crab I've ever tasted. If you don't like this, you'll never like crab!"
I tried it and, meh. Doesn't make me gag, but I'd rather not eat it.

And considering the price and the number of people around me who LOVE it, I figure I'll leave it to them.

The whole "invertebrates" thing was just us coming to the realization that all the foods I didn't like had that in common:
- Crab
- Lobster
- Shrimp/prawns
- Clams/oysters
- Squid
- Octopus
- Jellyfish
- Sea urchin

It's not 100% accurate; I'm not averse to scallops, while I don't particularly care for eel or organ meats. But it's a good 90%+ bet, so I tell my friends that and they know what they can order for me.

EDIT: The truly weird: I HATE liver, but when forced to try some local handmade haggis in Scotland I LOVED it. I have never had any haggis that was anything short of revolting in the U.S., though. (Even stuff marked as imported from Scotland.)

I had no idea people ate jellyfish, I must say.

I had jellyfish at the wedding of two of my kingmaker players.

I was sad to discover it was awful.


1 person marked this as a favorite.

Well when you start to text faulty and it helpfully? Inserts FaWtL not so much.

The fish I really like isn't fish at all it's shark.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Aranna wrote:

Well when you start to text faulty and it helpfully? Inserts FaWtL not so much.

The fish I really like isn't fish at all it's shark.

I would kill a man for shark. I love it that much.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Limeylongears wrote:
NobodysHome wrote:

Nope. Just don't like 'em.

Saddest moment of NobodysWife's life: We were atop Harrah's in South Lake Tahoe, and she was enjoying what she called, "The best crab I've ever tasted. If you don't like this, you'll never like crab!"
I tried it and, meh. Doesn't make me gag, but I'd rather not eat it.

And considering the price and the number of people around me who LOVE it, I figure I'll leave it to them.

The whole "invertebrates" thing was just us coming to the realization that all the foods I didn't like had that in common:
- Crab
- Lobster
- Shrimp/prawns
- Clams/oysters
- Squid
- Octopus
- Jellyfish
- Sea urchin

It's not 100% accurate; I'm not averse to scallops, while I don't particularly care for eel or organ meats. But it's a good 90%+ bet, so I tell my friends that and they know what they can order for me.

EDIT: The truly weird: I HATE liver, but when forced to try some local handmade haggis in Scotland I LOVED it. I have never had any haggis that was anything short of revolting in the U.S., though. (Even stuff marked as imported from Scotland.)

I had no idea people ate jellyfish, I must say.

I was at a Tae Kwon Do banquet after one particular tournament or another and our grandmaster ordered a Korean feast for us. Lots of kimchee, whole baked fish, etc. There was a "noodle" dish that I took a bunch of, and then found that the noodles tasted fine; some kind of anise sauce, but their texture was so bad as to make them nigh-inedible. Like chewing on rubber erasers stretched into noodle form, but when they broke, they snapped. The texture was just too, too unpleasant. When I found that the noodles had spines, someone explained I was eating jellyfish.

I politely finished what was on my plate (as I said, didn't taste bad at all), but decided I never needed to eat that again.

Silver Crusade

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Quote:
- Crab - Lobster - Shrimp/prawns - Clams/oysters

These four I like alot

Quote:
Squid - Octopus - Jellyfish - Sea urchin

I have heard that Sea urchin is outstanding but like squid and octopus. There is a mental barrier in my head about how slimy and rubbery it must be. I'm sure properly prepared it's really good just not for me.

Never heard of Jellyfish prepared either, but that would be a big no go


2 people marked this as a favorite.
Tin Foil Yamakah wrote:
Quote:
- Crab - Lobster - Shrimp/prawns - Clams/oysters

These four I like alot

Quote:
Squid - Octopus - Jellyfish - Sea urchin

I have heard that Sea urchin is outstanding but like squid and octopus. There is a mental barrier in my head about how slimy and rubbery it must be. I'm sure properly prepared it's really good just not for me.

Never heard of Jellyfish prepared either, but that would be a big no go

as I'm sure anyone who has been out on the town with me knows, I f%$$ing love takoyaki- fried balls of dough and spice with a nugget of octopus in the center. I may drag a certain acquaintence to the one takoyaki stand we have in ny soon.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Adventure Path, Rulebook, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game, Starfinder Society Subscriber

We have fresh water fish, Catfish, Trout and Perch most prominently. Of those, I much prefer some nice fried perch. You can eat twenty of them and barely notice.

Needless to say, it's a favorite bar food around these parts.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Adventure Subscriber
Rosita the Riveter wrote:
:/ All the shopping carts at work are stolen. All of them.

"On Leverage this week..."


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Adventure Subscriber
captain yesterday wrote:
You haven't lived until you've had Lutefisk. :-)

Yes you have. Also, if you're gonna keep up your Swedishness you should call it Lutfisk. ;)


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Adventure Path, Rulebook, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game, Starfinder Society Subscriber

Damn it, you foiled my trap :-D


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Adventure Path, Rulebook, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game, Starfinder Society Subscriber

But seriously, it's a unique... experience, that everyone has to try at least once. Just not until I get the camera ready.


2 people marked this as a favorite.

Lutfisk is an... acquired taste. As in, really acquired. The stuff you eat it with, diced boiled eggs, potatoes, white sauce and black pepper, are great to eat, even better than the lutfisk itself. So, not my favourite.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Adventure Path, Rulebook, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game, Starfinder Society Subscriber

On the B-Ball court with the family.


2 people marked this as a favorite.

Who just beat Mario Galaxy?

I'll give you a hint: it's me; I'm the one that beat Mario Galaxy (with my four-year-old helpfully grabbing the star after I'd beaten the bad guy at the end)! :D

... now for the purple stars!


2 people marked this as a favorite.

Another good weight day. Man am I tired...


2 people marked this as a favorite.

I cut my two mile jog/walk from 32 minutes to 26 in two weeks. Still can't run the full track, but I'm getting there.


1 person marked this as a favorite.

We're getting there folks.

We're getting there.


1 person marked this as a favorite.

HOLY S~@! I JUST DISCOVERED A HUNTER THE RECKONING BOOK I DON'T OWN


1 person marked this as a favorite.

I played basketball with the kids, and then the General joined in after work, then went biking with Pea Bear to the market. Now that it's after supper I'm walking the dog and hunting for wabbits.

I wouldn't say I like summer, more like become summer.

Or is that too dramatic.

Silver Crusade

3 people marked this as a favorite.

I too started a jogging regime last week. Starting off jogging one minute walking two minutes 10 times, I have made it 9 times. I'm shooting for ten tonight.

My goal is to run 2 miles


3 people marked this as a favorite.

I've lost seven pounds!

... in the last four months.

Hey, I'm happy. XD

Dark Archive

1 person marked this as a favorite.

I can say "pants."


baron arem heshvaun wrote:
I can say "pants."

... so cruel...

(I imagine she's okay with the whole thing, though, by this point, as its up on YouTube.)


2 people marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Adventure Path, Rulebook, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game, Starfinder Society Subscriber

Tiny T-Rex is such a great motivator for basketball. Every time I missed a shot, he'd pat me on the back and say "that was terrible"

He's really good at dribbling, need to get a smaller hoop for him tho. :-)


Grr... purple coin star on the rails, no chance to backtrack, must collect every one... boo... :/


1 person marked this as a favorite.

Yarr! He be raving! Pirate nurse, fetch me the rubber anaesthetic!

Pirate nurses. Pirate nurses :) :) :) :). Kindly excuse me for a moment...


Tacticslion wrote:
Grr... purple coin star on the rails, no chance to backtrack, must collect every one... boo... :/

Speaking of bringing color into your life~!


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Adventure Path, Rulebook, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game, Starfinder Society Subscriber

There is a surprising lack of evil gods with Warhammer as a favored weapon.


Funny thing recently. We were describing the natural-born drow males in our drow game recently (they're called "Muls" for us), and I was explaining them from an in-character perspective and out-of-character terms.

As I was delving into their psychology, and explaining why they're kind of terrifying monsters, my wife got a quirked smile on her face, furrowed her brows, looked at my sideways, and says, "So you're saying their just extremely manly?"

That caused me to pause, sit back, think about it, and finally go, "Uh... yeah, I guess so. I mean... yes. Their every 'this is what it means to be masculine' trope turned up to eleven. Huh. Well, if you add 'obsessive' into it, I'd guess, yeah. Basically highly aggressive sex-seeking dominating characters with naturally super-sized extra-strong muscles, plentiful body hair, and obsessive genius intellects does sound like every manly trope put together in a kind of terrifying way. Of course, these guys are obsessive and highly 'territorial' (whatever that happens to mean for a given Mul), as well effectively sociopathic, what with the inability of most to even recognize others as 'people' other than 'obstacles to my desires'... yeah. Interesting."

Quotes as closely recreated as possible - I'm pretty sure some of the wording is off, but it's as close as I can remember.

It was kind of an surprising realization. Really interesting stuff to ponder, too.


2 people marked this as a favorite.

I learned something new today, much to my delight: If you order alcohol online, someone over 21 has to be there to sign for the delivery.

My scotch was scheduled to arrive today, and I got a call from FedEx: "A package will arrive today requiring the signature of an adult over 21 years of age with proper identification. If such a person will not be there, please press 1."

I was a bit disappointed when the driver didn't ask me for I.D. Maybe I just have a trustworthy face...


3 people marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Adventure Path, Rulebook, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game, Starfinder Society Subscriber

I learned Halfling Swashbucklers are hilarious!

Pepe has a +8 to hit with rapier at first level, but only does 1d4+1 damage, and rolls more 1s and 2s then not. So he's literally the little pest that ducks and stabs you as you walk by.


2 people marked this as a favorite.

Man, 112 stars out of 120. So close... and so very, very far away...

>.>


2 people marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Adventure Path, Rulebook, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game, Starfinder Society Subscriber

Pea Bear had final dress rehearsal or whatever, so guess who gets to wait for her at the high school.

I'd comment about the colorful language she'll pick up. However, she watches Archer and It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia, so she'll probably teach the high schoolers a thing or ten about colorful language. :-)


1 person marked this as a favorite.

Man, I was ahead of my time, I could totally beat up any of these kids.


FaWtL: C'mon, guys! I need help!

Okay, I'm looking for snappy fantasy names.

None of you helped me out with this one (too lazy and out of time to link the one here in FaWtL), so let's see about something else.

I'm looking for a new name for a Prestige in my game that blends empath (or performance-based) abilities with arcane abilities; one that blends empath (or performance-based) with psionics; and one that blends empath (or performance-based) abilities with divine/religious abilities. Also natural stuff with that other stuff.

We have:
arcane, contemplative/enlightened, empath, natural, psionics, religious

Arcane/Contemplative: maester*
Arcane/Empath: ???
-> Arcane/Performance: lyric thaumaturge*
Arcane/Natural: ???
Arcane/Psionics: cerebromancer
Arcane/Religious: mystic theurge; acolyte of the skin, alienist, arcane devotee

Contemplative/Empath: enlightened spirit
-> Enlightened/Performance: sublime chord
Contemplative/Natural: geomancer?
Contemplative/Psionics: meditant*
Contemplative/Religious: oracle?

Empath/Natural: beastmaster?
-> Perform/Religious: fochlucan lyrist*
Empath/Psionics: ???; nightmare spinner?
-> Perform/Psionics: mindsinger, minddancer?
Empath/Religious: evangalist
-> Perform/Religious: choralist, hymnist?

Natural/Psionics: ???
Natural/Religious: druid? stormlord?

Psionics/Religious: psychic theurge

* You know, I should really get onto making this thing...

(I also really need to add:
- blighter (corrupted naturalist)
- inquisitor (religious skilled)
- crusader (religious warrior)
- liberator (religious)
- hospitaler (religious)
- templar (religious warrior)
- exorcist (sacred/religious)
- sacred fist (sacred/warrior)
- shining blade (sacred/warrior)
- temple raider (trickster/religious)
- void disciple (specific religious)
- ur-priest (anti-religious)
- war priest (warrior/religious)
- zealot (wilder/religious)
- animal lord (empath/natural/leadership)
- bloodhound (skilled)
- daggerspell mage (warrior/trickster/arcanist)
- daggerspell shaper (warrior/trickster/naturalist)
- dread pirate (empath warrior)
- ghost-faced killer (emapth/trickster)
- highland stalker (skilled rage)
- spymaster (skilled trickster)
- vigilante (skilled trickster?)
- virtuoso (social performer)
- argent savant (force-effect specialist)
- effigy master (crafting specialist)
- elemental savant (elemental specialist)
- enlightened fist (enlightened/warrior)
- geometer (prepared arcanist)
- fatespinner (arcane- or religious- or psionic- character)
- wayfarer guide (conjuration specialty arcanist)
- wild mage (wilder/arcanist)
- unseen seer (skilled/trickster/various)
- abjurant champion
... among others...

EDIT: coding!


1 person marked this as a favorite.
X-TREME!! Captain Yesterday wrote:
Man, I was ahead of my time, I could totally beat up any of these kids.

LOL. I got treated like s*** for the first 3 years of high school, so once I was in college I trained 22 hours a week with a Tae Kwon Do grandmaster.

At my 5-year high school reunion, I looked at them all, thought, "Wow, I could kick the living crap out of any of 'em. But why would I want to?"

Nothing like the ravages of time to deflate a high school bully...


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Tacticslion wrote:

FaWtL: C'mon, guys! I need help!

Okay, I'm looking for snappy fantasy names.

None of you helped me out with this one (too lazy and out of time to link the one here in FaWtL), so let's see about something else.

I'm looking for a new name for a Prestige in my game that blends empath (or performance-based) abilities with arcane abilities; one that blends empath (or performance-based) with psionics; and one that blends empath (or performance-based) abilities with divine/religious abilities. Also natural stuff with that other stuff.

We have:
arcane, contemplative/enlightened, empath, natural, psionics, religious

Arcane/Contemplative: maester*
Arcane/Empath: ???
-> Arcane/Performance: lyric thaumaturge*
Arcane/Natural: ???
Arcane/Psionics: cerebromancer
Arcane/Religious: mystic theurge; acolyte of the skin, alienist, arcane devotee

Contemplative/Empath: enlightened spirit
-> Enlightened/Performance: sublime chord
Contemplative/Natural: geomancer?
Contemplative/Psionics: meditant*
Contemplative/Religious: oracle?

Empath/Natural: beastmaster?
-> Perform/Religious: fochlucan lyrist*
Empath/Psionics: ???; nightmare spinner?
-> Perform/Psionics: mindsinger, minddancer?
Empath/Religious: evangalist
-> Perform/Religious: choralist, hymnist?

Natural/Psionics: ???
Natural/Religious: druid? stormlord?

Psionics/Religious: psychic theurge

* You know, I should really get onto making this thing...

(I also really need to add:
- blighter (corrupted naturalist)
- inquisitor (religious skilled)
- crusader (religious warrior)
- liberator (religious)
- hospitaler (religious)
- templar (religious warrior)
- exorcist (sacred/religious)
- sacred fist (sacred/warrior)
- shining blade (sacred/warrior)
- temple raider (trickster/religious)
- void disciple (specific religious)
- ur-priest (anti-religious)
- war priest...

Yeah, I haven't even named my Radiant Muse yet. Think I'm going to come up with a name for YOUR stuff? :-P


1 person marked this as a favorite.

:P

Your muse's name should be Betty "Boop" Bradley. I have a great stat-up for you, when you're ready for it... ;D


1 person marked this as a favorite.

Performance/Religious: Chanter.
Empath/Psionic: Mentalist.


2 people marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Adventure Path, Rulebook, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game, Starfinder Society Subscriber
NobodysHome wrote:
X-TREME!! Captain Yesterday wrote:
Man, I was ahead of my time, I could totally beat up any of these kids.

LOL. I got treated like s*** for the first 3 years of high school, so once I was in college I trained 22 hours a week with a Tae Kwon Do grandmaster.

At my 5-year high school reunion, I looked at them all, thought, "Wow, I could kick the living crap out of any of 'em. But why would I want to?"

Nothing like the ravages of time to deflate a high school bully...

at 110 pounds at most in high school I had the distinction of never once getting into a fight.

Mostly because no one beats up Slater from Dazed and Confused. :-)


Drejk wrote:

Performance/Religious: Chanter.

Empath/Psionic: Mentalist.

Awesome! Thank you!

Also, Mesmerist... hmmmmm...


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Adventure Path, Rulebook, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game, Starfinder Society Subscriber

Mesmerist is one of my favorite classes from Occult Adventures.

139,701 to 139,750 of 236,485 << first < prev | 2790 | 2791 | 2792 | 2793 | 2794 | 2795 | 2796 | 2797 | 2798 | 2799 | 2800 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Gamer Life / Off-Topic Discussions / Deep 6 FaWtL All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.