Depressing News


Off-Topic Discussions

101 to 150 of 197 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | next > last >>

KaeYoss wrote:
And I'd much rather read anything other than some guy taking a fellow countryman's rant as an excuse to insult a whole continent. Because that's plain hate mongering.

I suspect you weren't referring to me in the above quote, but I want to make sure. Please don't confuse me with Digitalelf, and don't assume that he and I are 100% of the same opinions. I think his intentions may be in the right place, but I can see how the execution is offensive to others. I mentioned this already:

J.R. Farrington, Esq. wrote:


Digitalelf is getting a little wild-eyed and ranty with all the WWI / WWII / UN stuff, but "tired of the "Let's Hate on America" band-wagon" is something I can agree with.
KaeYoss wrote:
The smitter wrote:
well it is august, what the F^*$. America just get greedier every year
Yes, there it is. But you know, the guy's an American. It's not exactly "European ingratitude" or anything like that. It's a guy who doesn't like his own country.

Yes, there it is. But I don't care where he's from. Point of origin or nationality have no bearing.

KaeYoss wrote:
Loztastic wrote:
this is in the UK, not the US!
Yes, "US" is in there, but no hate. He merely clarifies that he doesn't talk about the US. He doesn't lay any blame on the US.

I have no issue whatsoever with Loz. He's only trying to clarify his OP. To clear up what Smitters posted, which in my opinion was an

J.R. Farrington, Esq. wrote:
automatic knee-jerk anti-US reactionary attitude
KaeYoss wrote:
You see, the only "knee-jerk anti-US reactionary attitude" comes form Americans there.

Again, I don't care where the attitude is coming from from. Nationality is no excuse. I don't believe the attitude or behavior is excusable. I will comment on it as I see fit, without judging others. I won't stoop to bigotry or hate speech myself; I don't need to.

This is my single issue in this thread:

J.R. Farrington, Esq. wrote:
I'm tired of the "Let's Hate on America" band-wagon" ... The automatic knee-jerk anti-US reactionary attitude is getting old.
KaeYoss wrote:
That's the first three posts. And after that, everything else that is said against America is from people who don't mention their nationality, so making assumptions to support your theory is dishonest.

I have made no assumptions regarding any theories or any people in this thread. You implying any dishonesty on my part is rude, and our posts are on display for everyone to read and review. If anyone can find an example of me being dishonest I'd like to see it, so as to improve myself. I don't like the idea that someone believes me to be "dishonest".

J.R. Farrington, Esq. wrote:
I'm tired of the "Let's Hate on America" band-wagon" ... The automatic knee-jerk anti-US reactionary attitude is getting old

This may be my opinion, but it's hardly dishonest.


Get off my lawn!


These bears... always trying to get away with something.


Where-where-where I come from in the North, we used to have exquisite gourmet rocks. Only now... now, they're all gone.


Elementary, my dear Watson!


Lil' Buddy!!


Kobold Cleaver wrote:
Oh, thank goodness. I'd forgotten what I said. Please forgive me. /friendly sarcasm, if there be such a creature

See, this is why I tend to stay out of political threads. Sarcasm, however friendly, isn't necessary. No one was questioning anyones rights and I wanted to make that clear. So I'll in turn ask you to forgive me for quoting you where apparently no quoting was required. My bad.

Kobold Cleaver wrote:

Actually, I agree with you all that there's no need to threadjack the thread. The 'rights' were referring to his right to mock a country without being flamed, but flamed seemed a strong word, so I deleted it.

It never seemed to me he intended to start a discussion, since being American, it was most likely a little jab at America's commercialism which we, as Americans, tend to embrace. I could be wrong, but that's how I interpreted it, and I'm surprised my comment (or his, for that matter)earned this apparent irritation.

I'm not flaming anyone, and I'm not irritated. Imagine that I am completely rational and calm, and simply didn't want to be misunderstood?

Kobold Cleaver wrote:
I never meant to become involved, I had hoped that my pointing out that one of the 'offenders' wasn't being a crazy racist European might help to cool off this rather heated debate.

I too did not mean to become this involved in this thread. I never assumed anyone was a crazy racist European. I understand that I'm participating in this discussion, but I'm not taking part in the "heated" aspect. It's not productive.


Viriato wrote:
J.R. Farrington, Esq. wrote:
KaeYoss wrote:

It's one thing to criticise your own country, and another entirely to Godwin a thread about Christmas.

Who Godwin'd? Did I miss it? I thought nazi's or hitler needed to be referenced or compared in order to invoke the law.

Ahem...

Digitalelf wrote:
Would you rather be speaking German now???

I didn't think that was a full Godwin, and Kae already explained earlier.

On a scale of 1 to Godwin it was only a 6.Eisenhower.

I realize on forums that humor, like sarcasm, may be unlooked for and unecessary. But whatever.

Liberty's Edge

If someone has a right to say something, others have a right to flame it. You don't want to get flames, stfu. Otherwise, don't cry if people jump on you for your opinion.

"Waaaa, mommy! I said America is the suxxors and people were big meanie heads to me for it. Waaaa!"

Silver Crusade

houstonderek wrote:

If someone has a right to say something, others have a right to flame it. You don't want to get flames, stfu. Otherwise, don't cry if people jump on you for your opinion.

"Waaaa, mommy! I said America is the suxxors and people were big meanie heads to me for it. Waaaa!"

I, for one, cherish my right to be a flamer.

Liberty's Edge

Well I tried offering an olive branch. For those who insist on degrading the U.S.A. google "Gordon Sinclair The Americans". It gives a Canadiain point of view that Americans aren't all that bad. NOW can we all go back to being friends?

Liberty's Edge

Put on your yamakah,
here comes Hanukah,
so much funnukah to celebrate Hanukah,
Hanukah is,
the feastival of lights,
instead of one day of presents we have eight crazy nights!

When you feel like the only kid in town,
without a Christmas tree,
Here's a list of people who are Jewish,
just like you and me!

David Lee Roth,
lights the Menorah,
so do James Kon, Kirk Dougalas and the late Diana Shora,
Geuss who eats together at the Carnagi Deli,
Bosher from Sha-na-na and Arthur Fonzerelli!

Paul Newman half jewish,
Goldie Hawn is too,
put them together what a FINE lookin jew!

You don't need Deck the Halls or The Jingle Bell Rock,
cause you can spin a dradle with Captian Kirk and Mr. Spock!
(both jewish!)

Put on you yarmakah,
its time for Hannukah,
the owners of the Seattle supersonikahs,
celebrate Hanukah!

OJ Simpson,
NOT A JEW!,
but geuss who is?,
Hall o' famer Rod Karou!
(He converted)

We got Ann Landers and her sister Dear Abby,
Harrison Fords a quater Jewish!,
NOT TO SHABBY!

Some people think,
Ebaniser Scrooge is,
well he's not but geuss who is?,
all three Stooges!!!

So many Jews are rich o' biz,
Tom Cruise isn't,
but I heard his agent is!

Tell your friend Veronica,
its time to celebrate Hanukah!,
O don't forget a harmonica,
on this lovely lovely Hanukah!
So drink your gin and tonicah,
and smoke your marajuanica!
if you really really wannukah,
have a happy happy happy,
HANUKAH!

The Exchange

KaeYoss wrote:
Wolfthulhu wrote:
J.R. Farrington, Esq. wrote:
KaeYoss wrote:

It's one thing to criticise your own country, and another entirely to Godwin a thread about Christmas.

Mal davon abgesehen: Ich spreche sowieso Deutsch. Ist daran irgendwas schlechtes?

Who Godwin'd? Did I miss it? I thought nazi's or hitler needed to be referenced or compared in order to invoke the law.
No. KaeYoss, being German gets a pass and can Godwin whatever the hell he feels like. It's in the fine print.

It was a Stealth Godwin. Even though the N word, or the H word/guy, were never mentioned by name, it was hard not to hear the words be shouted after the lament of those soldiers who died by the aggressor's hands.

That, after couple of U.S. Americans professe dislike for their own country (or some of its attitudes) on a thread about Christmas, where it was absolutely necessary, is as good as just going to shout HITLER NAZI HITLER NAZI.

Actually, I was hoping you would catch the humor in my comment. That's all. Oh well, maybe next time.

Liberty's Edge

Celestial Healer wrote:
houstonderek wrote:

If someone has a right to say something, others have a right to flame it. You don't want to get flames, stfu. Otherwise, don't cry if people jump on you for your opinion.

"Waaaa, mommy! I said America is the suxxors and people were big meanie heads to me for it. Waaaa!"

I, for one, cherish my right to be a flamer.

HaaaaaaaAAAAAAAAaaaaaay ;-)


Kevida wrote:
I will only say this, an American company has given you Pathfinder so how bad can we Americans really be? Can we all go back to being friends now?

You know, you need to convince those Americans. No European engaged in any America-Bashing, at least not before the Euro-Bashing started.


Wow. Let's all take a step back, away from our keyboards. This is a GAME website.

Yes, we Americans helped defend the French, English, and others. However, Don't forget that the French helped us defend against the English, circa 1776. And the English helped us defend against the French, circa 1754. Without either of those events, we might not be a sovereign nation today. So, if it helps, consider our involvement in WWI and WWII debt paid.

My point being, LET IT GO. Between nations, today's ally is tomorrow's enemy. Tomorrow's enemy is likely to be your ally again soon. Russia, Japan, Germany, Italy, Spain, Mexico, Panama, and many other nations were all counted as enemies of the USA at some point, but have good relations with the USA now. Let the grudges go. There is no point in holding on to them. It serves no purpose.


J.R. Farrington, Esq. wrote:
KaeYoss wrote:
And I'd much rather read anything other than some guy taking a fellow countryman's rant as an excuse to insult a whole continent. Because that's plain hate mongering.
I suspect you weren't referring to me in the above quote, but I want to make sure.

No, of course not. I know what you said, and what you didn't.

Again, the problem here is that all insults have been hurled by Americans.

Ranting against your own country - I guess everybody is entitled to that if he thinks that his country is doing bad stuff. Americans, Frenchmen, Germans, Dutchmen - whoever wants to bash his own country, by all means go ahead.

It gets bad if you start bashing other countries, because that's racist. Doesn't really matter which country it is.

And it gets really bad if you use a guy bashing his own country as an excuse to start insulting other countries without provocation. It's not only insulting, it's stupid. And if not stupid, but hypocritical.

"You bash my country (nobody did, except his own country)? I hate that! You're not allowed to do that with your s#&#ty country." It's like a pot calling a white kettle black!

J.R. Farrington, Esq. wrote:


Yes, there it is. But I don't care where he's from. Point of origin or nationality have no bearing.

Again, it totally does if it is used as an excuse to do the very thing you accused others of.

It's like blowing up your own landmark to use it as an excuse to go to war on someone (Except, this time it is totally proven and not some weird conspiracy theory).

J.R. Farrington, Esq. wrote:


I have made no assumptions regarding any theories or any people in this thread. You implying any dishonesty on my part is rude, and our posts are on display for everyone to read and review. If anyone can find an example of me being dishonest I'd like to see it, so as to improve myself. I don't like the idea that someone believes me to be "dishonest".

Again, not "you" you. The general "someone" you (stupid language, doesn't have its own word for that sort of thing - mine has, avoids misunderstandings ;-P)

It is still aimed at the original offender, who assumed that the guys who posted the stuff were European. Those first two posts are quite clearly from americans - one spells it out in his profile, the other apologises (hard to imagine someone apologises for other countries).

But since that was inconvenient, it was overlooked. Again, not by you.

The Exchange

Celestial Healer wrote:
houstonderek wrote:

If someone has a right to say something, others have a right to flame it. You don't want to get flames, stfu. Otherwise, don't cry if people jump on you for your opinion.

"Waaaa, mommy! I said America is the suxxors and people were big meanie heads to me for it. Waaaa!"

I, for one, cherish my right to be a flamer.

That was awe inspiring, carry on.


houstonderek wrote:

If someone has a right to say something, others have a right to flame it. You don't want to get flames, stfu. Otherwise, don't cry if people jump on you for your opinion.

"Waaaa, mommy! I said America is the suxxors and people were big meanie heads to me for it. Waaaa!"

Right. Except, that that guy didn't flame the people who said something he didn't like. He flamed a completely different continent.

Plus, read the board rules again:

  • Do not use profanity or vulgar speech;
  • Do not make bigoted, hateful, or racially insensitive statements;
  • Do not defame, abuse, stalk, harass, or threaten others;

    Nobody has the right to flame anything here.

  • The Exchange

    KaeYoss wrote:
    houstonderek wrote:

    If someone has a right to say something, others have a right to flame it. You don't want to get flames, stfu. Otherwise, don't cry if people jump on you for your opinion.

    "Waaaa, mommy! I said America is the suxxors and people were big meanie heads to me for it. Waaaa!"

    Right. Except, that that guy didn't smurf the people who said something he didn't like. He smurfed a completely different continent.

    Plus, read the board rules again:

  • Do not use profanity or vulgar speech;
  • Do not make bigoted, hateful, or racially insensitive statements;
  • Do not defame, abuse, stalk, harass, or threaten others;

    everybody has the right to smurf anything here.

  • Smurfed it for you.


    Digitalelf wrote:


    Because while I was referring to a German rule that would have been far more harsh than anything we have seen post WWII (except maybe North Korea and Iraq under Sadam's Régime), I understood that my comment would have been taken WAY out of text AND blown WAY out of proportion!!

    But alas, somebody was lightning fast on the "reply button" and quoted me just before my edit took effect...

    I did read your edited post, and even though I disagree with your assumptions, I can actually empathize with your reaction. Just wanted to clear up how Godwin might possibly have gotten into the conversation.


    KaeYoss wrote:


    It gets bad if you start bashing other countries, because that's racist. Doesn't really matter which country it is.

    I'm Portuguese, but I had a German upbringing and have *very* close ties to Germany, which is why I can safely say only a German could say something like this. You've been browbeaten to the point you actually believe such an intellectually castrating statement to be true. And that saddens me.

    Liberty's Edge

    Okay this is getting out of hand! Just because someone decides to cast an insult doesn't mean we need to hurl it back. To both sides of the argument I say "For the love of whatever Supreme being that you beieve in, LET IT GO!!!!!!"

    Liberty's Edge

    KaeYoss wrote:
    Kevida wrote:
    I will only say this, an American company has given you Pathfinder so how bad can we Americans really be? Can we all go back to being friends now?
    You know, you need to convince those Americans. No European engaged in any America-Bashing, at least not before the Euro-Bashing started.

    Two wrongs don't make it right. Let it go.


    Pathfinder Adventure Subscriber

    Can't we just use the universal Swedish solution to all arguments and bash Norway instead?

    Sovereign Court

    Pathfinder Adventure Path, Lost Omens, Rulebook Subscriber

    <sings> Blame Canada! Blame Canada! </sings>

    Silver Crusade

    Wow...

    This is fun...

    For the record EVERY country has it's horrible skeletons in the cupboard but on the other hand they have all contributed greatly to the world too.

    Let's take the good old USA. Now we could blame America for all sorts of things but frankly that's stupid. Has America caused a load of grief? Sure, everybody here could name a dozen unpleasant things about the States.

    But how about this for a response? Aretha Franklin, Babe Ruth, Muhammad Ali, Steve McQueen, Babylon 5, The Empire State Building, Cornflakes, Bill Murray, the Western, the Blues, Cheeseburgers, Coca Cola, Elvis Presley, Arthur Miller, Marilyn Monroe, Jesse Owens, John MacEnroe, muscle cars, Route 66, The Hoover Dam, Las Vegas, Batman, the Golden Gate Bridge, Jackson Pollock, 90% of all the great movies ever made and oh yeah, ROLEPLAYING GAMES!!!!!!

    I'm British, I am sitting typing here in England but what did I do tonight? I went out in my Japanese car to watch an American movie in an American cinema and when I came back I played a Canadian game on an American games console and then popped on an American games board to check what people were saying.

    I have been all over Europe. I have seen the beautiful cities of Brugge, Salzberg, Paris, Innsbruck, Heidelburg, Dubrovnik, Ulm and many others. I have stood near the summit of Mont Blanc and looked out over three countries. I have walked in Central Park and taken in a baseball game at Yankee stadium. I have seen the jaw dropping expanse of the great plains of America and the immense majesty of the Rockies. All these things have showed me that the human race is capable of such wonders, of beauty and creativity and joy. Yes there are horrors that go alongside that and collectively as a species our countries have all perpetrated their fair share of this. But as I see it our collective societies have all produced our share of marvels too.

    My belief is that there is too much negativity, too much blame and too many accusations. We rarely, if ever, think about the staggering achievements each of our countries have made in advancing civilisation. I for one salute America for the countless hours of entertainment and humour it has given me. I hope that those reading this post will think about the positive things each country (even their own) has given the world and praise them instead of bringing them down.

    Liberty's Edge

    FallofCamelot wrote:
    Wow...

    Stop being reasonable! No body wants to hear it! :P

    Edit: That was a nice post btw.

    Sovereign Court

    FallofCamelot wrote:
    Good, thoughtful stuff

    That's lovely.

    Your post, combined with the efforts of the quote army, just brought this thread back into the light.

    nice work.


    Kajehase wrote:
    Can't we just use the universal Swedish solution to all arguments and bash Norway instead?

    Damn swedes blame the norwegians for everything...

    Liberty's Edge

    The Thing from Beyond the Edge wrote:
    Kajehase wrote:
    Can't we just use the universal Swedish solution to all arguments and bash Norway instead?
    Damn swedes blame the norwegians for everything...

    Conundrum:

    My parents and sister are Swedish.

    I'm in the US Army.

    I should support NATO member countries.

    Who to blame...


    Ranger Smith wrote:
    These bears... always trying to get away with something.

    you have NO idea


    Andrew Turner wrote:
    The Thing from Beyond the Edge wrote:
    Kajehase wrote:
    Can't we just use the universal Swedish solution to all arguments and bash Norway instead?
    Damn swedes blame the norwegians for everything...

    Conundrum:

    My parents and sister are Swedish.

    I'm in the US Army.

    I should support NATO member countries.

    Who to blame...

    Blame Canada

    Silver Crusade

    GeraintElberion wrote:
    FallofCamelot wrote:
    Good, thoughtful stuff

    That's lovely.

    Your post, combined with the efforts of the quote army, just brought this thread back into the light.

    nice work.

    :)

    Liberty's Edge

    Andrew Turner wrote:
    The Thing from Beyond the Edge wrote:
    Kajehase wrote:
    Can't we just use the universal Swedish solution to all arguments and bash Norway instead?
    Damn swedes blame the norwegians for everything...

    Conundrum:

    My parents and sister are Swedish.

    I'm in the US Army.

    I should support NATO member countries.

    Who to blame...

    I don't think you're required to support NATO member countries.

    Just support and defend the Constitution of the United States, from all enemies foreign and domestic. :)

    Silver Crusade

    stardust wrote:
    Andrew Turner wrote:
    The Thing from Beyond the Edge wrote:
    Kajehase wrote:
    Can't we just use the universal Swedish solution to all arguments and bash Norway instead?
    Damn swedes blame the norwegians for everything...

    Conundrum:

    My parents and sister are Swedish.

    I'm in the US Army.

    I should support NATO member countries.

    Who to blame...

    I don't think you're required to support NATO member countries.

    Just support and defend the Constitution of the United States, from all enemies foreign and domestic. :)

    Especially Sweden.

    Shadow Lodge

    I dread the year when Christmas is being dangled in front of our faces every single day!

    I don't want to see Cristmas on Halloween dammit!

    Liberty's Edge

    Dragonborn3 wrote:

    I dread the day when Christmas is being dangled in front of our faces every single day!

    I don't want to see Cristmas on Halloween dammit!

    I hear you. I cringe at the thought of xmas music being played non-stop in every store I visit.

    Now, I have said it before, I hate that every single holiday is now a commercial holiday (I'm waiting for a gift-giving tradition to spring up for columbus day >.<). That being said, I'd take Valentine's day over xmas any day of the week. Nevermind that there is no purpose to Valentine's day aside form commercialism...at least on Valentine's day i get some booty whereas xmas is usually spent in a relative's house and between the sheets time is sorely limited.

    The Exchange

    FallofCamelot wrote:

    Wow...

    This is fun...

    For the record EVERY country has it's horrible skeletons in the cupboard but on the other hand they have all contributed greatly to the world too.

    Let's take the good old USA. Now we could blame America for all sorts of things but frankly that's stupid. Has America caused a load of grief? Sure, everybody here could name a dozen unpleasant things about the States.

    But how about this for a response? Aretha Franklin, Babe Ruth, Muhammad Ali, Steve McQueen, Babylon 5, The Empire State Building, Cornflakes, Bill Murray, the Western, the Blues, Cheeseburgers, Coca Cola, Elvis Presley, Arthur Miller, Marilyn Monroe, Jesse Owens, John MacEnroe, muscle cars, Route 66, The Hoover Dam, Las Vegas, Batman, the Golden Gate Bridge, Jackson Pollock, 90% of all the great movies ever made and oh yeah, ROLEPLAYING GAMES!!!!!!

    I'm British, I am sitting typing here in England but what did I do tonight? I went out in my Japanese car to watch an American movie in an American cinema and when I came back I played a Canadian game on an American games console and then popped on an American games board to check what people were saying.

    I have been all over Europe. I have seen the beautiful cities of Brugge, Salzberg, Paris, Innsbruck, Heidelburg, Dubrovnik, Ulm and many others. I have stood near the summit of Mont Blanc and looked out over three countries. I have walked in Central Park and taken in a baseball game at Yankee stadium. I have seen the jaw dropping expanse of the great plains of America and the immense majesty of the Rockies. All these things have showed me that the human race is capable of such wonders, of beauty and creativity and joy. Yes there are horrors that go alongside that and collectively as a species our countries have all perpetrated their fair share of this. But as I see it our collective societies have all produced our share of marvels too.

    My belief is that there is too much negativity, too much blame and too many accusations. We rarely, if ever, think about the...

    Just for people to see what a good post is.

    Sovereign Court

    Pathfinder Adventure Path Subscriber
    Andrew Turner wrote:

    Conundrum:

    My parents and sister are Swedish.

    I'm in the US Army.

    I should support NATO member countries.

    Who to blame...

    Latvia.


    Pathfinder Adventure Subscriber
    stardust wrote:
    Andrew Turner wrote:
    The Thing from Beyond the Edge wrote:
    Kajehase wrote:
    Can't we just use the universal Swedish solution to all arguments and bash Norway instead?
    Damn swedes blame the norwegians for everything...

    Conundrum:

    My parents and sister are Swedish.

    I'm in the US Army.

    I should support NATO member countries.

    Who to blame...

    I don't think you're required to support NATO member countries.

    Just support and defend the Constitution of the United States, from all enemies foreign and domestic. :)

    Too late, we've already started to infiltrate your vampire, pirate, and superhero movies, next we'll take back New Sweden and surrounding areas (Pittsburgh, if I remember correctly).


    Kajehase wrote:
    Too late, we've already started to infiltrate your vampire, pirate, and superhero movies, next we'll take back New Sweden and surrounding areas (Pittsburgh, if I remember correctly).

    Well, kudos on this vampire movie, although the novel was better. Of course, in typical American fashion we are borgifying it.

    Resistance is useless ...


    Crimson Jester wrote:
    FallofCamelot wrote:

    Wow...

    This is fun...

    For the record EVERY country has it's horrible skeletons in the cupboard but on the other hand they have all contributed greatly to the world too.

    Let's take the good old USA. Now we could blame America for all sorts of things but frankly that's stupid. Has America caused a load of grief? Sure, everybody here could name a dozen unpleasant things about the States.

    But how about this for a response? Aretha Franklin, Babe Ruth, Muhammad Ali, Steve McQueen, Babylon 5, The Empire State Building, Cornflakes, Bill Murray, the Western, the Blues, Cheeseburgers, Coca Cola, Elvis Presley, Arthur Miller, Marilyn Monroe, Jesse Owens, John MacEnroe, muscle cars, Route 66, The Hoover Dam, Las Vegas, Batman, the Golden Gate Bridge, Jackson Pollock, 90% of all the great movies ever made and oh yeah, ROLEPLAYING GAMES!!!!!!

    I'm British, I am sitting typing here in England but what did I do tonight? I went out in my Japanese car to watch an American movie in an American cinema and when I came back I played a Canadian game on an American games console and then popped on an American games board to check what people were saying.

    I have been all over Europe. I have seen the beautiful cities of Brugge, Salzberg, Paris, Innsbruck, Heidelburg, Dubrovnik, Ulm and many others. I have stood near the summit of Mont Blanc and looked out over three countries. I have walked in Central Park and taken in a baseball game at Yankee stadium. I have seen the jaw dropping expanse of the great plains of America and the immense majesty of the Rockies. All these things have showed me that the human race is capable of such wonders, of beauty and creativity and joy. Yes there are horrors that go alongside that and collectively as a species our countries have all perpetrated their fair share of this. But as I see it our collective societies have all produced our share of marvels too.

    My belief is that there is too much negativity, too much blame and too many accusations. We rarely, if ever,

    ...

    A big +1 and QFT. There is dark and light in every heart of man ...


    Callous Jack wrote:
    Andrew Turner wrote:

    Conundrum:

    My parents and sister are Swedish.

    I'm in the US Army.

    I should support NATO member countries.

    Who to blame...

    Latvia.

    I used to use Latvia as my default for obscure scapegoating, that is until Kruelaid said he was Latvian. Then I switched over to Estonia and it's been smooth sailing ever since.


    Patrick Curtin wrote:
    There is dark and light in every heart of man...

    Of all the tickers I've ripped from men's chests, I've only ever found blood and ventricles myself. Perhaps I'm not gripping tightly enough?

    ::scratches head::

    Silver Crusade

    The Jade wrote:
    Patrick Curtin wrote:
    There is dark and light in every heart of man...

    Of all the tickers I've ripped from men's chests, I've only ever found blood and ventricles myself. Perhaps I'm not gripping tightly enough?

    ::scratches head::

    You have to hold them up to a strong light source.


    Celestial Healer wrote:
    The Jade wrote:
    Patrick Curtin wrote:
    There is dark and light in every heart of man...

    Of all the tickers I've ripped from men's chests, I've only ever found blood and ventricles myself. Perhaps I'm not gripping tightly enough?

    ::scratches head::

    You have to hold them up to a strong light source.

    That makes a lot of sense. Duh! Oh the perils of missing the first day of school, especially ninja assassin school.

    Sovereign Court

    Pathfinder Adventure Path Subscriber
    The Jade wrote:
    ...that is until Kruelaid said he was Latvian.

    That only proves my point even more.


    The Jade wrote:
    Callous Jack wrote:
    Andrew Turner wrote:

    Conundrum:

    My parents and sister are Swedish.

    I'm in the US Army.

    I should support NATO member countries.

    Who to blame...

    Latvia.
    I used to use Latvia as my default for obscure scapegoating, that is until Kruelaid said he was Latvian. Then I switched over to Estonia and it's been smooth sailing ever since.

    Yah you really don't want to annoy The Sovereign next thing you know Guild Wasps are raiding your compound ...


    FallofCamelot wrote:


    But how about this for a response? Aretha Franklin, Babe Ruth, Muhammad Ali, Steve McQueen, Babylon 5, The Empire State Building, Cornflakes, Bill Murray, the Western, the Blues, Cheeseburgers, Coca Cola, Elvis Presley, Arthur Miller, Marilyn Monroe, Jesse Owens, John MacEnroe, muscle cars, Route 66, The Hoover Dam, Las Vegas, Batman, the Golden Gate Bridge, Jackson Pollock, 90% of all the great movies ever made and oh yeah, ROLEPLAYING GAMES!!!!!!

    Jackson Pollock? Are you serious?!?

    101 to 150 of 197 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | next > last >>
    Community / Forums / Gamer Life / Off-Topic Discussions / Depressing News All Messageboards

    Want to post a reply? Sign in.