What Is Titanic Games Doing?


Games

51 to 100 of 257 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | next > last >>

Ironwing wrote:
There is no article there Mike.

That's because the message board word wrapping broke the URL. Notice the space in "res=9A06E0DC1630F93 6A15750C0A96F958260".

I was able to access the article by removing the space. Here's a link to the article using a URL tag. It opens in a new window.
SCREEN GRAB; A Web Surfer's Guide to Ancient British Past
-LB


Man, I love puzzles like this, but this one's really got me stumped. I'm going to be really upset if it turns out to be one of those puzzles that doesn't actually have an answer...

http://titanic-games.com/???????

I don't think you actually click any combination of colors, I think you enter the results into the website in place of the ?s. The "???????" is the 7-digit code that the colors or their numbers reveal, right? I tried the same color and number combinations there that Tensor tried...but nothing.

Any other hints...? I'd like to think I am warm, but all I got to show is - You have not found the key.

BM


BlueMonkey wrote:
Man, I love puzzles like this, but this one's really got me stumped. I'm going to be really upset if it turns out to be one of those puzzles that doesn't actually have an answer...

Oh, it has an answer. People have solved it even. That's not saying it's an easy puzzle--in fact, it seems a lot more challenging in practice then it did in theory.

BlueMonkey wrote:
I don't think you actually click any combination of colors, I think you enter the results into the website in place of the ?s.

Correct.

BlueMonkey wrote:
The "???????" is the 7-digit code that the colors or their numbers reveal, right? I tried the same color and number combinations there that Tensor tried...but nothing.

You're definitely on the right path.

Paizo Employee Senior Software Developer

dyfrgi wrote:
One thing that still baffles me: why are there two different "You have not found the key" pages?

That was a mistake, which has now been rectified.

Lone Shark Games

Perhaps treating the grouping of trilithons in the center as one unit might help.

Mike


I've tried putting in the first letter of each colour, forwards and back, and in some other combinations. I've also tried putting in numbers based on where the colours are positioned. I've even tried combining the two. Nothing I try seems to work. I think some of us (like myself) need another clue because I'm pretty sure I'm not going to solve this puzzle with the little information that's available.


Shad0wdrag0n wrote:
I've tried putting in the first letter of each colour, forwards and back, and in some other combinations. I've also tried putting in numbers based on where the colours are positioned. I've even tried combining the two. Nothing I try seems to work. I think some of us (like myself) need another clue because I'm pretty sure I'm not going to solve this puzzle with the little information that's available.

Cheers to that! Yeah, I've tried the same. I was convinced that rearranging the letters from 'equinox' by assigning them colors or numbers based on their positions was the answer, but everything I have tried there as well doesn't seem to work. Another hint would be very cool.

...I don't follow the previous bit about "treating the grouping of trilithons in the center as one unit"... I hate to ask, but does anyone know what that means...?

BM


Here's a hint:

What do you get when you combine all the colors of the visible spectrum?


Bored now. Whatever you were advertising, I've lost interest. Sorry.


Ok what exactly are all the colors? starting from the left, i have blue, red, green, purple, a lighter blue sort of cyan, yellow, and orange. how would these be arranged in the visible spectrum? mainly all i wanna know is where the cyan color would fit. This puzzule has baffled me. I havent taken my eyes off of it since i found it and that was two days ago. Havent slept either. some help would be appreciated.

Travioli


R Lawrence wrote:

Here's a hint:

What do you get when you combine all the colors of the visible spectrum?

You get white light.

"http://www.titanic-games.com/visible" ??
"http://www.titanic-games.com/black" ??
"http://www.titanic-games.com/white" ??
"http://www.titanic-games.com/light" ??
"http://www.titanic-games.com/roygbiv" ??

all --> "You have not found the key."

This is fun -- but too frustrating ... another clue please?


R Lawrence wrote:

Here's a hint:

What do you get when you combine all the colors of the visible spectrum?

This person knows nothing about what he is talking about. he is just a jackass who is trying to throw you off. This puzzle has to do with the equinox. What is has to do with the equinox? I have no clue. R Lawrence is not a message board moderator or anything like that dont let him fool you.

The Exchange

Travioli wrote:

Ok what exactly are all the colors? starting from the left, i have blue, red, green, purple, a lighter blue sort of cyan, yellow, and orange. how would these be arranged in the visible spectrum? mainly all i wanna know is where the cyan color would fit. This puzzule has baffled me. I havent taken my eyes off of it since i found it and that was two days ago. Havent slept either. some help would be appreciated.

Travioli

There was a post earlier stating that Cyan is actually representing BLUE in this case and the one that most people call blue is actually INDIGO. As in Red, Orange, Yellow, Green, Blue, Indigo, Violet. Hope this helps. I haven't solved it either :(


Scott Knowles wrote:
... another clue please?

A source from deep within the Druidic Order informs me a clue should appear tomorrow.


Lord Stewpndous wrote:
Travioli wrote:

Ok what exactly are all the colors? starting from the left, i have blue, red, green, purple, a lighter blue sort of cyan, yellow, and orange. how would these be arranged in the visible spectrum? mainly all i wanna know is where the cyan color would fit. This puzzule has baffled me. I havent taken my eyes off of it since i found it and that was two days ago. Havent slept either. some help would be appreciated.

Travioli

There was a post earlier stating that Cyan is actually representing BLUE in this case and the one that most people call blue is actually INDIGO. As in Red, Orange, Yellow, Green, Blue, Indigo, Violet. Hope this helps. I haven't solved it either :(

That is true. If you look at the source code that is how the colors are named.

I haven't been able to figure out the riddle either.


Josh Frost wrote:
Scott Knowles wrote:
... another clue please?
A source from deep within the Druidic Order informs me a clue should appear tomorrow.

Wondermous !!! Thanks for the clue to a future clue ;)

Paizo Employee Chief Technical Officer

Lord Stewpndous wrote:
There was a post earlier stating that Cyan is actually representing BLUE in this case and the one that most people call blue is actually INDIGO. As in Red, Orange, Yellow, Green, Blue, Indigo, Violet. Hope this helps. I haven't solved it either :(

While this is correct, it doesn't actually matter whether you call a particular frequency of light Violet, Purple, or even Lilac. Technically, you could solve this puzzle even if you only spoke French, Portuguese, or Pig Latin.

-Vic.
.


about what time Central standard time is this clue goin to apprear tomorrow? that would help And will this clue appear in the picture or will it appear elsewhere like at the actual stonehenge? Wait . . . isnt tomorrow the actual equinox?


Vic Wertz wrote:
Lord Stewpndous wrote:
There was a post earlier stating that Cyan is actually representing BLUE in this case and the one that most people call blue is actually INDIGO. As in Red, Orange, Yellow, Green, Blue, Indigo, Violet. Hope this helps. I haven't solved it either :(

While this is correct, it doesn't actually matter whether you call a particular frequency of light Violet, Purple, or even Lilac. Technically, you could solve this puzzle even if you only spoke French, Portuguese, or Pig Latin.

-Vic.
.

So by saying that you should be able to solve the puzzle if you spoke French, portuguese, or Pig Latin he basically said that the seven ?'s are represented by a number sequence. it has absolutely nothing to do with any letters.

Paizo Employee Senior Software Developer

Vic Wertz wrote:
While this is correct, it doesn't actually matter whether you call a particular frequency of light Violet, Purple, or even Lilac. Technically, you could solve this puzzle even if you only spoke French, Portuguese, or Pig Latin.

While this is true, speaking English can help you recognize when you have arrived at the right answer.


Josh Frost wrote:
A source from deep within the Druidic Order...

I think I know who that is! But maybe I shouldn't say too much...

-LB

Paizo Employee Chief Technical Officer

Gary Teter wrote:
Vic Wertz wrote:
While this is correct, it doesn't actually matter whether you call a particular frequency of light Violet, Purple, or even Lilac. Technically, you could solve this puzzle even if you only spoke French, Portuguese, or Pig Latin.
While this is true, speaking English can help you recognize when you have arrived at the right answer.

And, really, if you spoke only Elvish, you might have problems. But then, does that go without saying?

-Vic.
.

Paizo Employee Chief Technical Officer

Travioli wrote:
about what time Central standard time is this clue goin to apprear tomorrow?

I don't think we've decided.

Travioli wrote:
And will this clue appear in the picture...?

An excellent question. Which I won't answer. :-)

Travioli wrote:
Wait . . . isnt tomorrow the actual equinox?

That was last week, when we put up the puzzle.


Vic Wertz wrote:
While this is correct, it doesn't actually matter whether you call a particular frequency of light Violet, Purple, or even Lilac. Technically, you could solve this puzzle even if you only spoke French, Portuguese, or Pig Latin.

Hrgh.

OK, tomorrow. So I got a whole bunch of time between now and then to sit and stare at this thing.

BM


Patiently waiting for the next clue. Still can't figure it out! You guys are evil! :-)


Scott Knowles wrote:


"http://www.titanic-games.com/visible" ??
"http://www.titanic-games.com/black" ??
"http://www.titanic-games.com/white" ??
"http://www.titanic-games.com/light" ??
"http://www.titanic-games.com/roygbiv" ??

all --> "You have not found the key."

I tried rainbow to no avail. also I thought about typing the first letter of the color by the way they are arranged. I started with Violet since it was in the center. All of these don't work.

VBYOIRG
VGRIOYB
VGBRYIO

I think that we are on the right track. I was thinking that there was a pattern between the number of non colored blocks between the colored ones. That didn't pan out so well.

Thoughts?


psyco_path wrote:


I tried rainbow to no avail. also I thought about typing the first letter of the color by the way they are arranged. I started with Violet since it was in the center. All of these don't work.

VBYOIRG
VGRIOYB
VGBRYIO

I think that we are on the right track. I was thinking that there was a pattern between the number of non colored blocks between the colored ones. That didn't pan out so well.

Thoughts?

As soon as the things lit up a week ago I also started with violet and did placement shifts on the word rainbow and roygbiv, like you and came up with the exact same results. I wish I had posted my results and saved you the trouble. I did a few other configurations as well but erased the work when they failed to yield fruit.

Puzzles don't usually give me much trouble. The only thing I haven't looked into is the idea that a clock concept might come into play, and that the colors merely indicate numeric placement. However, I fear I'm overthinking the puzzle, and that when I see the solution I'll punch myself in the eye and say STUPID STUPID! SO SIMPLE!


The Jade wrote:
Puzzles don't usually give me much trouble. The only thing I haven't looked into is the idea that a clock concept might come into play, and that the colors merely indicate numeric placement. However, I fear I'm overthinking the puzzle, and that when I see the solution I'll punch myself in the eye and say STUPID STUPID! SO SIMPLE!

I'm in agreement. Normally these sort of things are simple for me to solve, but this one is driving me crazy.


Clue #1 has been posted.


Josh Frost wrote:
Clue #1 has been posted.

I found it. But now I have to figure out what it means...


Joe Colombo 49 wrote:
Josh Frost wrote:
Clue #1 has been posted.
I found it. But now I have to figure out what it means...

Well, it is the T from Titanic games placed curiously...

Dunno, I'm stumped on this too.

Lone Shark Games

vandemonium wrote:
Well, it is the T from Titanic games placed curiously...

Indeed. What did you do to cause the T to appear? And why a "T," exactly?

Mike


Mike Selinker wrote:
vandemonium wrote:
Well, it is the T from Titanic games placed curiously...

Indeed. What did you do to cause the T to appear? And why a "T," exactly?

Mike

Because "x" marks the spot was too easy?? LOL I'm working on it.. . Fun lead in to what sounds like a fun game Mike.

Cheers,
David

Scarab Sages

Mike Selinker wrote:
And why a "T," exactly?

Well, it makes it more effective propaganda...

Sovereign Court

Pathfinder Companion, Pathfinder Accessories, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game, Starfinder Society Subscriber; Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Charter Superscriber
Josh Frost wrote:
Clue #1 has been posted.

***sigh***

I think it's going to take another clue...

Paizo Employee Chief Technical Officer

DitheringFool wrote:
I think it's going to take another clue...

Here's my advice: forget, for a moment, about colors and URLs and such, and think only about the new clue for a while. Mousing over exactly one stone causes the Titanic T to appear. What does that mean for that stone? What does that mean for other stones? Come up with some theories, and then use the other information in the puzzle to test them.

-Vic.
.


Greetings all,

Assuming the 7 (?)s in the URL are the colors of the rainbow, as represented by the letters ROYGBIV... With the new clue(s) in the picture, we have (i)ndigo and (r)ed in the left positions; (g)reen and (v)iolet in the middle positions; and (b)lue, (y)ellow, and (o)range in the right positions. The 24 possible patterns would be: IR or RI , GV or VG , BYO or BOY or YBO or YOB or OBY or OYB

IR GV BYO
IR GV BOY
IR GV YBO
IR GV YOB
IR GV OBY
IR GV OYB

IR VG BYO
IR VG BOY
IR VG YBO
IR VG YOB
IR VG OBY
IR VG OYB

RI GV BYO
RI GV BOY
RI GV YBO
RI GV YOB
RI GV OBY
RI GV OYB

RI VG BYO
RI VG BOY
RI VG YBO
RI VG YOB
RI VG OBY
RI VG OYB

Unfortunatly, none of these combinations worked when I tried them. So I am missing something primary in the clue(s). I have only tried in lower-case. (I should hope that the answer is not case-sensitive.) Comments? Suggestions?

Herman


Did the Roy G Biv thing to death and I'm done with it, at least insofar as it relates to cryptograms. Assigning 1st postition to R and 7th position to V I used the particular scrambling from indigo on the left to orange on the right as a cryptogram key for words like titanic, equinox, rainbow... a bunch of seven letter words because I was assuming from what I'd read here that the answer is a seven letter word to be used as the URL endcap.

Shaking all that out of my head for now... I'm sure I'll be back soon to worrying about unscrambling a scrambled answer.

Why a T? Because it appears where TEN would appear on a clock, maybe? Then again, it isn't exatly in the perfect position for ten, but back to it go I go I.

The entire circle looks like it's composed of T's. There is only one such T structure which incorporate two colors... the green/violet T. Completely unrelated? Oh well, at least it's been noticed and noted. Moving on.


I wonder if the shading of the T is a clue. If you look at the shadows the light source (Sun) must be to the right.

Does this suggest a clock position or a date to anyone? Or, maybe it has to do with the position of the Earth in its orbit..

Reading some of the above hints from Vic I think the answer is a 7 digit number.


Vic Wertz wrote:
Here's my advice: forget, for a moment, about colors and URLs and such, and think only about the new clue for a while. Mousing over exactly one stone causes the Titanic T to appear. What does that mean for that stone? What does that mean for other stones?

My thought is that the location of the T logo simply shows where the sequence starts. As someone else pointed out, the goal is eventually to arrive at a url ("http://titanic-games.com/???????"). That URL starts with "Titanic Games", so it makes sense to me that this clue indicates that the sequence is to be read counterclockwise, starting with the T, and since the T stone doesn't light up with a color, it's not part of the seven ?'s.

Now I'm off to think a while about the various moderators have said about the answer not being dependant on what the colors are named (as the colors in spanish, french or others would start with different letters). Perhaps the clue is in the gaps between the colors? But I've tried "http://titanic-games.com/1431243" (counts between the stones going counter-clockwise from the T) and "http://titanic-games.com/0320132" (actual number of stones between colors, going counter-clockwise from the T) with no luck. Any other thoughts?


Agreeing with Tenser, I've returned unerringly to the idea that the answer might be a 7 digit number. As for the shadow idea, I think Vic or Josh mentioned not to look for clues in the particularls of the rendering, as the artist was somewhat disconnected from the puzzle. I'll have to look again.

And also with MidnightLightning in that I've guessed that the T somehow represents a counterclockwise read and starting point.

That said, I'm still not nailing it.

If roygbiv = 1234567

order the order of colors appearing counter clockwise from the T is:

irgvbyo equalling 6147532

Just in case counter clockwise was wrong so I tried 2357416.

No dice.


This damn puzzle has me so confuzzeled. it is killing me. all i got to say is that the solution better be worth it.

I have come to the conclusion and EVERYONE should know this: The 7 ?s represent a 7 digit (number) code. i dont know what code it is or what the Titanic T could represent except that it represent the starting position of the code. That being said i have tried every possible combination that i could think of to solve this but have come up with "you have not found the key". It is starting to get bad. i am starting to see this puzzle in my sleep and trying to figure it out in my sleep isnt helping either. My head keeps flashing "You have noy found the key"


Travioli wrote:

This damn puzzle has me so confuzzeled. it is killing me. all i got to say is that the solution better be worth it.

I have come to the conclusion and EVERYONE should know this: The 7 ?s represent a 7 digit (number) code. i dont know what code it is or what the Titanic T could represent except that it represent the starting position of the code. That being said i have tried every possible combination that i could think of to solve this but have come up with "you have not found the key". It is starting to get bad. i am starting to see this puzzle in my sleep and trying to figure it out in my sleep isnt helping either. My head keeps flashing "You have noy found the key"

We're going to need a support group.

Liberty's Edge

God, grant me the grace,
To solve the puzzles I can solve,
And to accept the puzzles I can't.


Heathansson wrote:

God, grant me the grace,

To solve the puzzles I can solve,
And to accept the puzzles I can't.

I'd like to make amends to you, Heathansson.

I slipped that wolfsbane in your beer. It was a dare. I had no idea you were allergic.

Liberty's Edge

And I to you, Jade. It was I who spiked your pommade with nair. It seemed funny at the time; my mind was addled by a five star Sudoku mixed with a NY Times crossword. I know it's no excuse but,...that really wasn't me man.


Heathansson wrote:
And I to you, Jade. It was I who spiked your pommade with nair. It seemed funny at the time; my mind was addled by a five star Sudoku mixed with a NY Times crossword. I know it's no excuse but,...that really wasn't me man.

To create a pic of a necromancer I got into handmade dress (not a handmade dress), held up a dragon staff, and took a few pics with a digital camera. I then photoshopped my long hair off and gave myself a chrome dome. My friends were severely weirded by the shot. I guess I've been in the hair bear bunch for so long it kinda blew their minds.

"So that's what you'd look like bald..."

Five minutes later.

"So that's what you'd look like bald..."


Tensor wrote:

I wonder if the shading of the T is a clue. If you look at the shadows the light source (Sun) must be to the right.

Vic Wertz wrote:

I don't believe the 3D artist even knew what the puzzle was, so don't bother looking for hints in the rendering. All you need to know is that certain locations light up in certain colors when moused over.


LurkerBeneath wrote:


Ok. Now I am looking at the position of the colored stones and ignoring the actual color. I get the following positions:

0 T
1 blue
2
3
4
5 red
6
7
8 green
9 purple
10
11 indigo
12
13
14
15 yellow
16
17
18 orange

I am assuming the T marks the Zero position, then the number of the stone at which each color appears, going counter clockwise, is given above.

The colors appear at: 1 5 8 9 11 15 18

Taking only the ones position gives 1589158.

The number of stones *between* each color is 320132, but that is not seven digits. You could stick a zero in front I guess.

That didn't seem to work either...

The number of letters is each word starting with blue is 4355666. But, it was stated it did not matter which language you use, so there is no reason to assume english. I thought I would try it anyways.


Woo Hoo! I solved it!
I won't give anything away, but I will tell you which hints I found most helpful:

Mike Selinker wrote:
And why a "T," exactly?
Vic Wertz wrote:
What does that mean for that stone? What does that mean for other stones?

Hope that helps.

51 to 100 of 257 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Archive / Paizo / Paizo Games / What Is Titanic Games Doing? All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.