|1 person marked this as a favorite.|
- Fish for natural 20s. Have a horde of low level monsters. Some will hit eventually. It's what I and my GM buddy always do. No AC is too high.
- Use Army or Swarm templates for large amounts of enemies. They ignore AC.
- Fish for natural 1s. Damage is never received through AC alone. Get rid of this thinking. A low level bad of goblins could cause an small rock slide for example (DC 15 Reflex Save to avoid 3d6 dmg). Set 20x of these small bands for below average encounter and someone will roll natural 1.
- 20x bodaks in ambush solve most of problems.
- Have 9x low level NPCs gank up on paladin and Aid Another to the big brute.
- Hazard + average type of fight can guarantee the dmg done. Fire Elementals in hot environment for example.
- 50x Harpy archers.
- Go insane. Add a monster beyond any PF charts that ignores all damage received until certain condition is met inside combat. For example, lich has 5x magical pillars which provide him immunity to everything. Pillars need to be destroyed first.
Long story short. Conventional ideas probably wouldn't work on High Level Mythic. You have to brutal, above brutal. Insane above insane. At least, I suspect so. I haven't luckily played or GMed Mythic.