[PFS2E] GM kuey's Intro: Year of Boundless Wonder (4-01) - GD XII (Inactive)

Game Master kuey

Chronicle Sheets

RPG Chronicles
Macros
Google Slides
(◆ ◇ ↺)

(For GM Use)


101 to 150 of 150 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | next > last >>
Sovereign Court

Year of Boundless Wonder

Ah yes, Eliadyr. Thanks for the reminder.

Atlach's sling bullet glances harmlessly off the rat's hard carapace. Despite his severe wounds though, Eliadyr pushes on, striking the rate with his new found weapon, empowered by his spell. The strike punches through the carapace, causing it to crack and fall apart, leaving the rat badly wounded. Just in time for Magima's second attack to finish it off!

Magima, do you have weapon infusion to get agile on your second attack? It would have hit regardless but just checking.

Final Status
~~~
Atlach
Magima (9/18)
Eliadyr (2/15)
Reji (12/18)
Hector (3/18wounded 1)

Sovereign Court

Year of Boundless Wonder

With the rats defeated, the vault falls silent. Aslynn’s double and her cauldron have vanished for now. Once again, the Pathfinders hear a voice call out, "Whew, that was close! Hey, could you help me out over here? I'd like to say hello, maybe explain a few things, but these boxes sure are heavy." You can easily discern that the voice is speaking to them from area A4.

Please go ahead to heal using potions, spells, etc that takes rounds but not treat wounds, etc which take 10min, etc. I believe the party still has 4 of the potions from Rain, plus whatever you picked up as your school item.

Radiant Oath

2396852-2021 | CG Male Versatile Human | Martial Disciple (Acrobatics) | Magus Lvl 1 | Hero Points: 1/3 | Focus Points: 1/1 | HP 18/18 | AC 18 (19 w/shield) | F/R/W 6/4/5 | Perc +5 | Spell Attack: +6 | 25 feet | Class DC 17 | Spells: -/1/ Athletics: +7, Arcana/Lore(PFS, Warfare)/Occultism/Society: +6, Acrobatics/Stealth/Thievery: +4 | Exploration Activity: Search | ◈◇↺ |

Reji picks up one of the potions from Rain and tips it back.

Minor Healing: 1d8 ⇒ 1

He stares at the potion and notices that it's about 6 months past its sell-by date.

Reji stamps off, muttering about leshies being cheap...

Horizon Hunters

HP 18/18 | AC 18 | resist slashing 1 | F+9, R+6, W+3 | Perc +3 | Move 30 ft. | ◈ Tiefling Kineticist 1 |
GM kuey wrote:
Magima, do you have weapon infusion to get agile on your second attack? It would have hit regardless but just checking.

Nope, my bad on the -4 instead of -5. Not sure where I was thinking of the wrong number from, maybe the starfinder full attack. Thanks for checking it, PF2 rules are still pretty new to me.

Magima drinks the potion her school gave her before the mission, suggesting that Hector and Eliadyr finish off the others from Rain. "I think one or two more of those potions had that 'DO NOT DRINK UNLESS YOU ARE MADE OF BONES' kind of label on them didn't they?"

minor healing: 1d8 ⇒ 1

After patching up a bit, the tiefling asks "Does anyone know if that's how night hags are supposed to work? I'm worried we might not be done yet."

Vigilant Seal

CG male elf magus (laughing shadow) 1 | HP 10/15 | AC 18 |F +6 R +7 W +5 | Perc +3 | Stealth +4 | Focus Points 1/1 |Hero Points 1/3 | Icons: ◆◇↺ | Prepared Spells: shocking grasp | speed 35 | Exploration Activity: Scout | Conditions: Wounded 1

Eliadyr will drink the potion of Rain's he grabbed earlier.

minor healing: 1d8 ⇒ 2

(oof healing isn't our strong point today is it!)

At Magima's question, Eliadyr will shrug "Sorry, no I don't know too much about them, only tavern rumors."

He will then start moving boxes out of the way of the mysterious voice...

Horizon Hunters

Male Ac:20/18 |Hp:15/18 | Saves: Fort: +5; reflex:+8; Will +5 Skeleton Oread Swashbuckler 1

Hector takes two potions. 2d8 ⇒ (5, 7) = 12

"Ah Refreshing!

Sovereign Court

Year of Boundless Wonder

I'll move things along first but continue to do healing that is round-based, e.g. potions, spells.

Setting aside the disappointment from a number of potions that appear to be duds, the Pathfinders join Eliadyr to approach the source of the voice which seems to be coming from under the pile of empty chests, and moves to clear them. Just then, a disembodied pair of elegant blue gloves suddenly arises from amongst the debris and makes a "Stop right there!" gesture before signaling toward the table. They gently pat its surface, then indicate the boxes on top of it. The voice from earlier says, "I see you've met Mr. Glovely! He wants you to help clear those boxes. I'm, uh, underneath them. It's a bit embarrassing. Help a poor guy out? Many hands are better than two! No offense, Mr. Glovely." The gloves wave dismissively, as if to say, "None taken."

Together with the help of Mr. Glovely, the Pathfinders make quick work in clearing the pile of chests. But all the Pathfinders see initially is just the table which the chests are piled up on. But in a moment or two, it transforms into a large, gaudy treasure chest with an enormous, shiny silver chain and padlock, one with eyes that could be mistaken as knots in the wood, and a large friendly grin formed at the lid of the chest!

"Hi, this is me! Biglock's my name. And if you haven't figured out by now, I'm a mimic! One of the best around! That means I can turn into all kinds of things. Tables, chairs, you name it! And this is Mr. Glovely. He... You know, I’m not sure. He showed up one day and lent me a hand. Or two! Ha! We have what you might call a mutually beneficial arrangement. I do the talking, and Mr. Glovely does everything else."

(See for picture of Biglock and Mr. Glovely)

Vigilant Seal

CG male elf magus (laughing shadow) 1 | HP 10/15 | AC 18 |F +6 R +7 W +5 | Perc +3 | Stealth +4 | Focus Points 1/1 |Hero Points 1/3 | Icons: ◆◇↺ | Prepared Spells: shocking grasp | speed 35 | Exploration Activity: Scout | Conditions: Wounded 1

Eliadyr will quaff another of Rain's potions and his society one:

minor healingx2: 2d8 ⇒ (6, 4) = 10

As the mimic transforms, Eliadyr will leap back with a look of shock on his face, but will recover his composure shortly and then say

"Umm, pleased to meet you Biglock and Mr Glovely. Eliadyr is my name. May I ask how you came to be here?"

Horizon Hunters

Male Ac:20/18 |Hp:15/18 | Saves: Fort: +5; reflex:+8; Will +5 Skeleton Oread Swashbuckler 1

"I am a dancing skeleton whose bones are made of gems and i have never seen something so unsual. Are you raised by necromancy too?"

Horizon Hunters

HP 18/18 | AC 18 | resist slashing 1 | F+9, R+6, W+3 | Perc +3 | Move 30 ft. | ◈ Tiefling Kineticist 1 |

"I didn't know there were mimics that were.... friendly. Nice to meet you Biglock and Mr Glovely. After getting you uncovered is there anything else you need?" Magima takes a slow purposeful couple of steps back. "Besides a snack..."

Grand Archive

Cleric 2 / HP 28/28, Perc +8, AC 18, Fort +4 Ref +7 Will +10 / Active conditions: Toughness

The garund man stays a bit cautious with the mimic. Indeed you never know what they think.

And why are you among this mess?

Sovereign Court

Year of Boundless Wonder
Hector Horizon wrote:
"I am a dancing skeleton whose bones are made of gems and i have never seen something so unsual. Are you raised by necromancy too?"

"Wait, what? Why would you think that? Have you not met a mimic before? Harummph..." You get the impression that if Biglock had arms, he would have crossed them now.

Eliadyr wrote:
"Umm, pleased to meet you Biglock and Mr Glovely. Eliadyr is my name. May I ask how you came to be here?"
Atlach wrote:
And why are you among this mess?

"Now that's a long story. To be honest, I've been in quite a few of the Society’s vaults over the years. I'm good at going unnoticed. Last time I got noticed, it was by that night hag, Aslynn. She saw my potential, and... well, she owns a significant share of my soul. I can barely even remember how I lost it to her in the first place. A bad bet? A worse debt? Can't rightly say, as I don't rightly know. Well, for years now, I've had to do as she asks. Mostly spying, a bit of stealing. But when I wised up to some of her plans, I made a break for it. She's been looking for me ever since. I think she fed information to those Onyx Alliance rascals. They captured me, so when the Society got hold of their treasures, I came with!"

Magima wrote:
"I didn't know there were mimics that were.... friendly. Nice to meet you Biglock and Mr Glovely. After getting you uncovered is there anything else you need?" Magima takes a slow purposeful couple of steps back. "Besides a snack..."

"Well, um, yeah, some of my brethren are ... how would you put in ... gluttons. But fret not, I am a much more cultured specimen of my kind. I mean, imagine, eating food raw? What barbarians..."

"But anyway, that is beside the point. What do I get out of it? Survival. I'm doing whatever I can to stay out of Aslynn's reach and, eventually, find a way to get out of her debt. The way I see it, the only way out is to help you out!"

"I don't know the details, but I know she's trying to brew some powerful magic in that weird cauldron. She needs a few of the magic items from your stash here." At this point, Mr. Glovely dives into one of the chests and pulls out a dagger and what appears to be a crystal key. (See slide for pictures.)

"While you were distracting Aslynn, we found these! I think she was looking for them. This dagger here looks like it’s from the Jistka Imperium. Might be a powerful magic weapon, but I’m not sure how to unlock its potential! As for the key, I think Aslynn was looking for this, too. I don't recognize the crystal it's made of, and I don't think it's from this world at all! Please, I believe your Society leaders would want to see them! Well, when you get out first..."

Whoever takes over the dagger indeed feels a strange power emanating from it, but unless more in-depth study is done (which you also suspect is beyond your ability), all you can tell is that is a good weapon. (Treat the dagger as a +1 striking dagger.) As for the key, whoever takes it suddenly hears a strange alien voice in your head. It is not distracting nor impedes any of your thoughts, however. In fact, it can likely offer some defence against external intrusions. (Whoever has the key on their person gains a +2 item bonus to Will saving throws due to the voice drowning out other intrusions on their mind.)

Any other questions? Also, confirming the following is correct? And let me know whoever's taking the dagger and key.

Final Status
~~~
Atlach
Magima (10/18)
Eliadyr (14/15)
Reji (13/18)
Hector (15/18; wounded 1)

Vigilant Seal

CG male elf magus (laughing shadow) 1 | HP 10/15 | AC 18 |F +6 R +7 W +5 | Perc +3 | Stealth +4 | Focus Points 1/1 |Hero Points 1/3 | Icons: ◆◇↺ | Prepared Spells: shocking grasp | speed 35 | Exploration Activity: Scout | Conditions: Wounded 1

Eliadyr will listen to the story but, like Magima, from a safe distance.

"So that is what she was after - yes we will have to get them to Archivist Dralneen, and locked away properly for safekeeping once we can escape. On that, do you have any thoughts on what is trapping us here? No doubt it is the work of Aslynn!"

Looking around at the group, Eliadyr will continue
"Hector, did you want the dagger? I'm happy to carry the key but am happy for anyone else to also."

(Eliadyr's health looks correct)

Horizon Hunters

Male Ac:20/18 |Hp:15/18 | Saves: Fort: +5; reflex:+8; Will +5 Skeleton Oread Swashbuckler 1

Hector takes the magic dagger.

Grand Archive

Cleric 2 / HP 28/28, Perc +8, AC 18, Fort +4 Ref +7 Will +10 / Active conditions: Toughness

If Hector doesn’t mind to step aside I could cast a spell to heal Magima, Eliadyr and Reji at once.

Horizon Hunters

Male Ac:20/18 |Hp:15/18 | Saves: Fort: +5; reflex:+8; Will +5 Skeleton Oread Swashbuckler 1

Hector steps aside.

Sovereign Court

Year of Boundless Wonder

Atlach, go ahead to roll for your heals.

Biglock asks Mr. Glovely to show you "that thing you found." Mr. Glovely produces a small gold spoon. "No, not that! The other thing!" Mr. Glovely shows the party a jagged shard of purple glass with constellations like those visible in the ooze of Aslynn's cauldron.

"That's the one! I think it's a shard of Aslynn's mind. It's projecting all those creatures into this place. She's probably looking for it. I think you should destroy it, but first, you'll want to prepare for another fight. A piece of a night hag's mind isn't bound to go out without a struggle. And for that, we need to prepare."

Biglock asks Mr. Glovely to get the party "some of the good stuff." Mr. Glovely rummages around the many discarded chests for a few minutes, then produces a wayfinder and proudly presents it to you. Biglock says, "No, no, I mean the really good stuff!" Mr. Glovely smacks his nonexistent forehead. He produces a small key from thin air and unlocks some sort of invisible container. With an exaggerated display of effort, he lifts a +1 resilient breastplate from the container and presents it to the party. Biglock grins. "That oughta do it. Hope you like it!"

"In the meantime while waiting, I suggest you continue going through the vault to see what else might be of use. Mr. Glovely and I will help!" Rain, who has been standing quietly to one side, clearly still traumatised by his encounter and can only nod vigorously in agreement.

You have another 10min. You can search the vault, this time with a +2 bonus from Biglock and Mr. Glovely's help. Or you can use it for other activities like putting on the +1 resilient breastplate or treating wounds.

To-Do List for My Amazing Pathfinder Friends!:

1. Talking skull - Please talk to the skull. It doesn't seem to like me. Maybe one of you will have better luck?
(Skill Check: Arcana, Diplomacy, Occultism, or Religion)

2. Pile of treasure - We probably shouldn't leave everything in a pile like that, but we've been short-staffed. See what's in there!
(Skill Check: Arcana, Crafting, or Perception)

3. Assorted items - There's all kinds of stuff up in the raised storage areas on the west wall and in the northeast corner. Did we find any magic potions in the vault? Alchemical items? Talismans? You bet we did! I know a healing potion when I see one, but some of this stuff is beyond my experience. See what you can find!
(Skill Check: Arcana, Crafting, or Perception)

4. Pile of empty chests - I already looked through these. If you find more empty chests, just pile them in the southwest corner of the vault.

5. Danger! - These shelves are way up high and piled high with dangerous poisons and possibly cursed items. I think Zarta felt it would be safer if they were out of reach, but we should make sure there's nothing too dangerous up there.
(Skill Check: Acrobatics, Athletics, Medicine, Thievery, or Underworld Lore)

6. Weapons - There are lots of magic weapons lying around. See if you can find the most powerful ones. Our field agents sure could use them!
(Skill Check: Arcana, Crafting, Gladiatorial Lore, or Warfare Lore)

7. Scrolls and such - We sure did find lots of scrolls! Thought I saw some wands in there, too. Might be something useful for the Society's spellcasters in there.
(Skill Check: Arcana, Nature, Occultism, or Religion)

Thanks for your help!

—Rain in Cloudy Day

Below are what I believe the party has found so far and who has claimed. Please sound out if any are in error. If unclaimed, I'll assign to whoever found it later.

Items Found So Far:

scroll of glitterdust: unclaimed
wolf fang: unclaimed
brooch of shielding: unclaimed
dagger of venom: Eliadyr
wand of manifold missiles: unclaimed
+1 striking greatsword: Reji
wand of widening: unclaimed
+1 striking dagger: Hector
crystal key (+2 will save): Eliadyr
+1 resilient breastplate: unclaimed
wayfinder: unclaimed

Radiant Oath

2396852-2021 | CG Male Versatile Human | Martial Disciple (Acrobatics) | Magus Lvl 1 | Hero Points: 1/3 | Focus Points: 1/1 | HP 18/18 | AC 18 (19 w/shield) | F/R/W 6/4/5 | Perc +5 | Spell Attack: +6 | 25 feet | Class DC 17 | Spells: -/1/ Athletics: +7, Arcana/Lore(PFS, Warfare)/Occultism/Society: +6, Acrobatics/Stealth/Thievery: +4 | Exploration Activity: Search | ◈◇↺ |

Reji takes some time to pull out his school-provided potion and tip it back.

Healing: 1d8 ⇒ 5

Feeling reinvigorated, he heads over to one of the assorted items and has a look.

Arcana: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (11) + 6 = 17

If Atlach's spell heals more than 2 hp, I won't drink my potion

Horizon Hunters

Male Ac:20/18 |Hp:15/18 | Saves: Fort: +5; reflex:+8; Will +5 Skeleton Oread Swashbuckler 1

perception: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (3) + 5 = 8

Hector looks into the assorted items.

"I don't find anything."

Horizon Hunters

HP 18/18 | AC 18 | resist slashing 1 | F+9, R+6, W+3 | Perc +3 | Move 30 ft. | ◈ Tiefling Kineticist 1 |

Magima could take the brooch of shielding if no one else does. She can't use most of the other stuff. Doesn't use real weapons or real armor or cast real spells.

Magima will choose and roll once we see Atlach's healing if that's ok. If we get another 1 then she'll prolly have to put her medicine skill to work!

Grand Archive

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Cleric 2 / HP 28/28, Perc +8, AC 18, Fort +4 Ref +7 Will +10 / Active conditions: Toughness

Heal, 3 actions, Healing hands:1d10 ⇒ 4

So Reji, Magima and Eliadyr gain 4 hp each

Then he looks among the scrolls.

Religion:1d20 + 7 ⇒ (20) + 7 = 27

He also takes the Wand of widening if nobody else wants it.

Horizon Hunters

HP 18/18 | AC 18 | resist slashing 1 | F+9, R+6, W+3 | Perc +3 | Move 30 ft. | ◈ Tiefling Kineticist 1 |

"Thanks for the healing Atlach!"

Magima will climb back up the danger tower.
Athletics: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (5) + 6 = 11

Hopefully she at least doesn't fall again.

Radiant Oath

2396852-2021 | CG Male Versatile Human | Martial Disciple (Acrobatics) | Magus Lvl 1 | Hero Points: 1/3 | Focus Points: 1/1 | HP 18/18 | AC 18 (19 w/shield) | F/R/W 6/4/5 | Perc +5 | Spell Attack: +6 | 25 feet | Class DC 17 | Spells: -/1/ Athletics: +7, Arcana/Lore(PFS, Warfare)/Occultism/Society: +6, Acrobatics/Stealth/Thievery: +4 | Exploration Activity: Search | ◈◇↺ |

Reji doesn't drink the potion then

"Thanks for the healing!" Reji calls

Vigilant Seal

CG male elf magus (laughing shadow) 1 | HP 10/15 | AC 18 |F +6 R +7 W +5 | Perc +3 | Stealth +4 | Focus Points 1/1 |Hero Points 1/3 | Icons: ◆◇↺ | Prepared Spells: shocking grasp | speed 35 | Exploration Activity: Scout | Conditions: Wounded 1

"Thanks Atlach!"

Eliadyr will also hold off drinking that last potion.

Rather than searching further, Eliadyr will spend the 10 minutes regaining his focus.

Grand Archive

Cleric 2 / HP 28/28, Perc +8, AC 18, Fort +4 Ref +7 Will +10 / Active conditions: Toughness

The cleric answers to each: You’re welcome. I still have one of such spell in store.

Sovereign Court

Year of Boundless Wonder

Feeling like it is the quiet before the storm, the Pathfinders spread out once again to search the vault, except for Eliadyr who spends the time going through some martial exercises while studying his spellbook.

Reji pulls out at vine arrow from the mess on the table. Hector joins Reji but perhaps the near death (unlife?) experience was still weighing on his mind, and he doesn't find anything of interest.

After finding the magnificent dagger, Magima is once again stumped at the shelves, although she at least manages to stay secure at the heights. Atlach returns to the shelves of scroll, but instead of a scroll, he pulls out yet another wand, this time a wand of heal.

I've assigned the unclaimed items to whoever found them. Couple of items unclaimed the Biglock and Mr. Glovely passed to you.

Items Found:

scroll of glitterdust: (Atlach?)
wolf fang: (Eliadyr?)
brooch of shielding: Magima
dagger of venom: Eliadyr
wand of manifold missiles: (Hector?)
+1 striking greatsword: Reji
wand of widening: Atlach
+1 striking dagger: Hector
crystal key (+2 will save): Eliadyr
+1 resilient breastplate: unclaimed
wayfinder: unclaimed
vine arrow: (Reji?)

Char Status
~~~
Atlach
Magima (14/18)
Eliadyr
Reji (17/18)
Hector (15/18; wounded 1)

Sovereign Court

Year of Boundless Wonder

Suddenly, you hear Biglock shout in alarm. When you turn to look, the shard of Aslynn's mind which was Mr. Glovely's hand suddenly flies towards the vault's centre!

Biglock shouts, "It's too late! She's here! This is bad!"

The shard, hovering near the amassed treasures, twists and warps, taking on the familiar form of Aslynn and her cauldron.

"Your plan to kill me? So brave, so bold.
And yet, it matters not. Behold!"

She plunges an oozing claw into the pile and brandishes a jeweled chalice.

"Boundless wonder called to me.
And I respond with nightmares three!
Three children of my last thirteen
Shall join me in an endless dream.
A realm where you shall vex me not —
A realm where you shall be forgot!
Destroy me here, but at what cost?
You fight in vain, for all is lost!"

Cackling with glee, Aslynn watches as the chalice brims with swirling magical liquid. She inhales deeply, then empties the chalice into her cauldron. Two fuming creatures boils forth, in the form of what appears to be smelly, twisted skunks. Aslynn commands, "Kill the Pathfinders! And should they survive, let this be the first of their boundless nightmares!"

You can assume you've drawn your weapons in the time that the shard of Aslynn did all that above. :)

Sovereign Court

Year of Boundless Wonder

Init:

Eliadyr's Initiative: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (19) + 3 = 22
Reji Petir-Pemanah's Initiative: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (6) + 5 = 11
Magima's Initiative: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (14) + 3 = 17
Atlach's Initiative: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (4) + 7 = 11
Hector Horizon's Initiative: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (3) + 5 = 8
enemies: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (12) + 6 = 18

combat map
Bold may act
-------
Round 1: Status: Nil
~~~
Eliadyr
Red Aslynn
Orange Skunk (tiny)
Yellow Skunk (tiny)
Magima (14/18)
Atlach
Reji (17/18)
Hector (15/18; wounded 1)

GM screen:

Vigilant Seal

CG male elf magus (laughing shadow) 1 | HP 10/15 | AC 18 |F +6 R +7 W +5 | Perc +3 | Stealth +4 | Focus Points 1/1 |Hero Points 1/3 | Icons: ◆◇↺ | Prepared Spells: shocking grasp | speed 35 | Exploration Activity: Scout | Conditions: Wounded 1

Eliadyr shakes his head in disbelief, muttering "...and this is why that shard needs to be safely locked away. "
Turning to the summoned creature he will say loudly
"We will deal with your illusions as we have done before, Aslynn!"

Eliadyr will move to the orange skunk, and strike at it with the dagger of venom.

melee to hit: 1d20 + 7 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 7 + 1 = 11 with dagger of venom for 2d4 + 1 ⇒ (4, 2) + 1 = 7 piercing magical damage
melee to hit,agile MAP: 1d20 + 7 + 1 - 4 ⇒ (14) + 7 + 1 - 4 = 18 with dagger of venom for 2d4 + 1 ⇒ (1, 1) + 1 = 3 piercing magical damage

but perhaps he isn't quite as confident as he sounds.

__________

◆ Stride
◆ Strike
◆ Strike

Sovereign Court

Year of Boundless Wonder

Electing to leave the shadow hag aside for now, Eliadyr races towards one of the skunk and attacks, slicing a gash into its side.

Aslynn cackles madly and starts chanting a spell, pointing her figure at the nearest Pathfinder. Three bolts of energy fly and slam into Eliadyr. The (orange) scrambles to Eliadyr's feet and starts attacking his ankles, leaving a slight gash.

The other (yellow) skunk up on the platform similarly runs to Reji's feet, and attacks. Its canines manages to strike deep, leaving a bad wound on his calf.

combat map
Bold may act
-------
Round 1/2: Status: Nil
~~~
Eliadyr (6/15)
Red Aslynn
Orange Skunk (tiny) (-3)
Yellow Skunk (tiny)
Magima (14/18)
Atlach
Reji (10/18)
Hector (15/18; wounded 1)

GM screen:

magic missile: 3d4 + 3 ⇒ (1, 2, 2) + 3 = 8
orange: jaw vs Eliadyr AC18: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (10) + 7 = 17
orange: jaw vs Eliadyr AC18: 1d20 + 7 - 4 ⇒ (18) + 7 - 4 = 21 piercing: 1d8 ⇒ 1
yellow: jaw vs Reji AC18: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (16) + 7 = 23 piercing: 1d8 ⇒ 7
yellow: jaw vs Reji AC18: 1d20 + 7 - 4 ⇒ (7) + 7 - 4 = 10

Radiant Oath

2396852-2021 | CG Male Versatile Human | Martial Disciple (Acrobatics) | Magus Lvl 1 | Hero Points: 1/3 | Focus Points: 1/1 | HP 18/18 | AC 18 (19 w/shield) | F/R/W 6/4/5 | Perc +5 | Spell Attack: +6 | 25 feet | Class DC 17 | Spells: -/1/ Athletics: +7, Arcana/Lore(PFS, Warfare)/Occultism/Society: +6, Acrobatics/Stealth/Thievery: +4 | Exploration Activity: Search | ◈◇↺ |

Reji hisses in pain and pulls out his greatsword. He concentrates and causes the blade of his sword to appear to be covered with ice. He swings at the skunk.

+1 Strike Greatesword, Spellstrike w/ Ray of Frost: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (8) + 8 = 16
Slash: 2d12 + 4 ⇒ (1, 9) + 4 = 14
Cold: 1d4 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4
18 damage total

◈ Interact to Draw
◈◈ Spellstrike w/ Ray of Frost

Horizon Hunters

HP 18/18 | AC 18 | resist slashing 1 | F+9, R+6, W+3 | Perc +3 | Move 30 ft. | ◈ Tiefling Kineticist 1 |

In a familiar scene, Magima finds herself running down around the tall tower. She fires off a summoned spike of stone at the yellow skunk.

◈Stride

◈◈Earth Blast: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (13) + 7 = 20
Piercing Damage: 1d8 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 = 5

Sovereign Court

Year of Boundless Wonder

With one frosty strike, Reji slices the skunk in half. It melts into goo and quickly dissipates into thin air.

Magima, you might want to change your action? I would normally transfer the attack but think earth blast wouldn't reach Aslynn, and orange is blocked by the pillar.

combat map
Bold may act
-------
Round 1/2: Status: Nil
~~~
Eliadyr (6/15)
Red Aslynn
Orange Skunk (tiny) (-3)
Yellow Skunk (tiny)
Magima (14/18)
Atlach
Reji (10/18)
Hector (15/18; wounded 1)

Horizon Hunters

HP 18/18 | AC 18 | resist slashing 1 | F+9, R+6, W+3 | Perc +3 | Move 30 ft. | ◈ Tiefling Kineticist 1 |

If yellow is down, Magima would fire her fire blast at the witch, since it's the only one that can reach it. Die is d6 instead of d8, but I did roll a 1 on the larger d8 so I suppose should keep that lol.

20 to hit for 5 Fire damage on the witch.

Grand Archive

Cleric 2 / HP 28/28, Perc +8, AC 18, Fort +4 Ref +7 Will +10 / Active conditions: Toughness

The garund man casts a spell attacking the second skunk. And having seen that his Divine lance didn't worked during the last fight, he changes the spell.

Moonbeam:1d20 + 7 ⇒ (16) + 7 = 23

Damage fire: 1d6 ⇒ 6

Moonbeam deals silver damage for the purposes of weaknesses, resistances, and the like.

Success The beam deals full damage, and the target is dazzled for 1 round.

Horizon Hunters

Male Ac:20/18 |Hp:15/18 | Saves: Fort: +5; reflex:+8; Will +5 Skeleton Oread Swashbuckler 1

performance to fascinate(need to at least beat the will dc a creature: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (12) + 5 = 17

Hector strides closer wearing the light hammer and the dagger. And does his little speech.

Haha! Hector Horizon on the rescue!

Which looks... at least impressive for the
orange skunk.

light hammer (thrown): 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (19) + 6 = 25damage: 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7

Which Hector responds by throwing his light hammer at it!

Vigilant Seal

CG male elf magus (laughing shadow) 1 | HP 10/15 | AC 18 |F +6 R +7 W +5 | Perc +3 | Stealth +4 | Focus Points 1/1 |Hero Points 1/3 | Icons: ◆◇↺ | Prepared Spells: shocking grasp | speed 35 | Exploration Activity: Scout | Conditions: Wounded 1

At the double blow, Eliadyr will wince, but he will then take on a look of determined calm as he changes his focus to the hag.

"Now to deal with the real problem!"

He will stride to Aslynn, utter a short incantation which causes his dagger to crackle with energy and then stab her.

Spellstrike melee to hit: 1d20 + 7 + 1 ⇒ (10) + 7 + 1 = 18 with the dagger of venom for 2d4 + 1 ⇒ (1, 3) + 1 = 5 piercing damage and Shocking Grasp for 2d12 ⇒ (1, 5) = 6 electrical damage
and poison for 1d8 ⇒ 1 poison damage and enfeebled 1 Fortitude DC 21

__________

◆ Stride
◆◆ Spellstrike with Shocking Grasp
◇ Activate dagger of venom

Sovereign Court

Year of Boundless Wonder

Atlach conjures a beam of searing moonlight, slicing into the other skunk and turns it to primordial goo before it similarly dissipates. Atlach, you had one more action.

Hector, I'll transfer your attack to Aslynn. The hammer lands but not the fascinate.
With the skunks quickly dispatched, the remaining Pathfinders focus their attacks on the hag. From up on the platform, Magima sends a bolt of fire slamming into Aslynn, who screams, more in rage than in pain. Hector flings his hammer, glancing of her head painful blow. The greatest wound, however, comes from Eliadyr, striking deep with his dagger simultaneously sending electricity and poison into her body. Her unearthly constitution, however, rejects further effects of the poison.

Once again screeching in fury, the Aslynn shadow casts another spell, sending three more bolts of energy slamming into Eliadyr, knocking him unconscious.

combat map
Bold may act
-------
Round 1/2: Status: Nil
~~~
Eliadyr (0/15; dying 1)
Red Aslynn (-24)
Orange Skunk (tiny)
Yellow Skunk (tiny)
Magima (14/18)
Atlach
Reji (10/18)
Hector (15/18; wounded 1)

GM screen:

Aslynn: Fort DC21: 1d20 + 9 + 1 ⇒ (13) + 9 + 1 = 23
magic missile: 3d4 + 3 ⇒ (2, 1, 3) + 3 = 9

Grand Archive

Cleric 2 / HP 28/28, Perc +8, AC 18, Fort +4 Ref +7 Will +10 / Active conditions: Toughness

It would have been a Shield spell for the last action.

Well, time to test this item.

The cleric moves closer to cast a spell upon Eliadyr with the Wand of Heal.

Heal, 2 actions, Healing hands:1d10 + 8 ⇒ (2) + 8 = 10

Mmmh my own ones seem to work better.

Radiant Oath

2396852-2021 | CG Male Versatile Human | Martial Disciple (Acrobatics) | Magus Lvl 1 | Hero Points: 1/3 | Focus Points: 1/1 | HP 18/18 | AC 18 (19 w/shield) | F/R/W 6/4/5 | Perc +5 | Spell Attack: +6 | 25 feet | Class DC 17 | Spells: -/1/ Athletics: +7, Arcana/Lore(PFS, Warfare)/Occultism/Society: +6, Acrobatics/Stealth/Thievery: +4 | Exploration Activity: Search | ◈◇↺ |

Reji moves up to the rail and chucks some loose objects at Aslynn.

Telekinetic Projectile, 30' range: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (17) + 6 = 23 for Bludgeoning Damage: 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (6) + 3 = 9

◈ Stride
◈◈ TKP vs Aslynn

Horizon Hunters

HP 18/18 | AC 18 | resist slashing 1 | F+9, R+6, W+3 | Perc +3 | Move 30 ft. | ◈ Tiefling Kineticist 1 |

Magima makes her way to the main floor and sends a volley of sharp stones at Aslynn.

◈ Stride
◈◈ Earth Blast: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (18) + 7 = 25
Piercing Damage: 1d8 + 4 ⇒ (8) + 4 = 12

Horizon Hunters

Male Ac:20/18 |Hp:15/18 | Saves: Fort: +5; reflex:+8; Will +5 Skeleton Oread Swashbuckler 1

perfomance to facinate: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (8) + 5 = 13
hero point: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (10) + 5 = 15

strike: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (14) + 7 = 21piercing: 2d4 + 3 ⇒ (1, 2) + 3 = 6

1action peform to fascinate, 1action leap, 1action strike

Hector tries again to gain a momentum but no avail. Having the high ground, he leaps on the shard to plunge the dagger on her.

Vigilant Seal

CG male elf magus (laughing shadow) 1 | HP 10/15 | AC 18 |F +6 R +7 W +5 | Perc +3 | Stealth +4 | Focus Points 1/1 |Hero Points 1/3 | Icons: ◆◇↺ | Prepared Spells: shocking grasp | speed 35 | Exploration Activity: Scout | Conditions: Wounded 1

Eliadyr will pick up the dropped dagger and wearily pull himself up from the ground, saying "Thanks Atlach, much appreciated.".
He will then conjure a shield, and glare at the shadow hag.
__________

◆ Interact to pick up the dagger
◆ Stand
◆ Cast shield (+1 AC, hardness 5)

Sovereign Court

Year of Boundless Wonder

While Atlach makes use of his new found toy to bring Eliadyr back to consciousness, the other three Pathfinders leap into action. Reji and Magima send their magical and elemental projectiles smashing into the hag's body, and Hector finishes it off with a spectacular leap, plunging the dagger into its body!

Combat Over! (Technically, the first two attacks took it down, but Hector's leap was just too spectacular to leave out!)

"NOOOOOOooooooo.... I'm melting, I'm melting, what a world...." the hag screams in agony as its body melts away.

Just as its last essence dissipates, Rain calls out, "The hallway! It's back to normal!" At that moment, Zarta Dralneen rushes into the vault along with a bunch of other Society leaders Ambrus Valsin, Eando Kline, Eliza Petulengro, Fola Barun, and Calisro Benarry. They look ready to fight, but lower their weapons as soon as they realise that there are no threats imminent. They first check that the Pathfinders have not come to any lasting harm, and get introduced to Bigloack and Mr. Glovely, before questioning everyone.

"Pathfinders, report. So what happened here?"

Radiant Oath

2396852-2021 | CG Male Versatile Human | Martial Disciple (Acrobatics) | Magus Lvl 1 | Hero Points: 1/3 | Focus Points: 1/1 | HP 18/18 | AC 18 (19 w/shield) | F/R/W 6/4/5 | Perc +5 | Spell Attack: +6 | 25 feet | Class DC 17 | Spells: -/1/ Athletics: +7, Arcana/Lore(PFS, Warfare)/Occultism/Society: +6, Acrobatics/Stealth/Thievery: +4 | Exploration Activity: Search | ◈◇↺ |

Reji regretfully puts his beautiful new sword down and goes and recovers his halberd.

"We cataloged the items as ordered. But then the hag Aslynn showed up and sent Rain into a catatonic state. After that we met this talking treasure chest and his disembodied gloves and fought Aslynn again. By the way, Rain promised us some snacks. Do you have them?"

Grand Archive

Cleric 2 / HP 28/28, Perc +8, AC 18, Fort +4 Ref +7 Will +10 / Active conditions: Toughness

The garund man smiles to Reji’s words. That would be a great way to celebrate the end of the inventory of those items and the victory over an hag.

Horizon Hunters

Male Ac:20/18 |Hp:15/18 | Saves: Fort: +5; reflex:+8; Will +5 Skeleton Oread Swashbuckler 1

" Yes, Snacks to celebrate the first victory of Hector Horizon since he joined the society!" Says the skeleton who know he wouldn't be able to eat anything.

Vigilant Seal

CG male elf magus (laughing shadow) 1 | HP 10/15 | AC 18 |F +6 R +7 W +5 | Perc +3 | Stealth +4 | Focus Points 1/1 |Hero Points 1/3 | Icons: ◆◇↺ | Prepared Spells: shocking grasp | speed 35 | Exploration Activity: Scout | Conditions: Wounded 1

"That was a very interesting first mission with the society. I'll never look at cataloguing in quite the same way!"

He will then lean down and pick up the chalice discarded by the shard and say "Hopefully we have destroyed the shard of Aslynn, but the shard used this to summon the skunk things. I think it needs to be kept safe, likely along with this key." he says, handing over the crystal key and the chalice.

Horizon Hunters

HP 18/18 | AC 18 | resist slashing 1 | F+9, R+6, W+3 | Perc +3 | Move 30 ft. | ◈ Tiefling Kineticist 1 |

As the adrenaline of battle runs out, Magima winces at the pain. "Yes interesting indeed. Let's see those snacks. Do they come with a side of healing potion?"

Sovereign Court

Year of Boundless Wonder

Rain looks confused at first. "Wait, I did?" He is clearly still recovering from his harrowing experience. "Well, if you say I did, then I did!" He cheers up quite considerably at that. "To the kitchen, it is! And yes, Magima, we can definitely stop by the apothecary store for some healing!"

"Wait, wait!" Zarta calls out. She takes over the items from Eliadyr and looks deep in thought. She turns the chalice over multiple times, trying to see if she can get any of the magic liquid to appear.

"Well, I’m not sure what this is. It's obviously a central piece of Aslynn's plan. In a way, it's a good thing that shard of her mind infiltrated our vaults, as it would allow us to understand a few things we might have otherwise missed! I wish we could've learned about this without putting your lives in danger, and for that, I apologize. I hope you're ready for more adventures. We've just scratched the surface of the vault's contents, and we need to act fast to learn more about some of these items. One thing is certain: we can't leave everything here and wait around for Aslynn to strike again."

She pauses here as she continues to study the chalice. She notices the Pathfinders staring here, before she exclaims and waves the Pathfinders away, "Oh, yes, go go. Go celebrate! I've got work to do."

Finis

101 to 150 of 150 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / [PFS2E] GM kuey's Intro: Year of Boundless Wonder (4-01) - GD XII All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.