[5e] Ghosts of Saltmarsh (Inactive)

Game Master Jubal Breakbottle


1,601 to 1,650 of 1,867 << first < prev | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | next > last >>

High Elf |Wizard 5th|CG|HP:30/35HD:6d6+2|AC:13/16(MA16/19)|Init:+3|S-1 D+3 C+2 I+6 W+3 Ch+0|SpAtt+6 DC14|BladeSong 3/3|1st-3/4 2nd-3/3-3rd-3/3

"I would love to see what my spells are capable of beside erecting a tower, and against crabs" Drusilla says with a new circlet on her head.


Sheet Half-elf Rogue (Swashbuckler) 42/42 HP 16 AC 10.18.14.8.12.16 DEX,INT 2x:Init+7 P.Per 14, Insight 14, Invest 9 darkvision 2x:initiative, stealth, charmed, ∅:sleep

"Hey, I like the look of that circlet, Drusilla! Looks nice on ya. What did you all end up spending your booty on?

"I found myself a ring like the one that lets Blacklock jump so far–how cool is that, right?

"And this dagger, that'll warn me about danger. And then check out this cool plushie!!" She points to a stuffed doll of a macaw on her shoulder.

"THIS is Seabright, the Magic Macaw. She's singlehandedly responsible for me being able to finally sleep through the night again without g$&&@#ned nightmares of spiders crawling all over me, every time I close my eyes!" The swashbuckler shudders at the thought.

"...Aren't you, Seabright?" Argyri pets the plushie, lovingly.

Argyri's Magic Inventory (* for new):
- Cloak of Elvenkind
- +1 Rapier
- * Dagger of Warning
- * Gloves of Thievery
- * Ring of Jumping
- * Cuddly Strixhaven Mascot (reskinned as macaw)


High Elf |Wizard 5th|CG|HP:30/35HD:6d6+2|AC:13/16(MA16/19)|Init:+3|S-1 D+3 C+2 I+6 W+3 Ch+0|SpAtt+6 DC14|BladeSong 3/3|1st-3/4 2nd-3/3-3rd-3/3

"Thank you, and Seabright is adorable" Drusilla says with a smile.

"I have bought this circlet. Aside from that I added two spells to my arsenal from scrolls Counterspell and Dispel magic. Aside from that I have been researching spells, One lets me Erect a tower of my own design. Which I have been doing in Crabbers Cove!" The elf woman says patting her spell book and smiles.

"Sadly most of a Wizard's coffers goes to Spells, Research of Spells, and necessary items for spells. We need to find things to generate us money. I think Crab Harvesting and maybe the money made here from our adventures will give me a chance to erect a tower or towers permanently to settle down here." She says smiling. As she looks she blushes.

"Maybe find love and start a family? I am not sure though Life is long for an elf."


Sheet Half-elf Rogue (Swashbuckler) 42/42 HP 16 AC 10.18.14.8.12.16 DEX,INT 2x:Init+7 P.Per 14, Insight 14, Invest 9 darkvision 2x:initiative, stealth, charmed, ∅:sleep

Argyri pets Seabright lovingly when Drusilla compliments her, and softly cooes, "Did you hear that? Dru knows you're adorable too. Yes you are, Seabright!"

At the mention of her new spells and scrolls, Argyri replies, "OOOhhh, well I don't think we should leave til tomorrow anyway; it's always best to set off at dawn, and I kind of always leave my bags packed for the sea. It would be fun to see your Magic Tower!

"...And yeah, I'm more into penny dreadfuls than scrolls–there's a new one out about Dyzzic the Daring, by the way, and it's a total cliffhanger!–but I'm glad that you are, especially after seeing how useful yall's–Argyri gestures toward Drusilla, Tarn, and Kwin–magic was at helping us survive that spider-boat-nightmare."


* Saltmarsh *

The next morning you all pile into your jolly boat that you liberated from the Haunted House. Argyri sails you six hours to the island which has a lighthouse to meet your contact, the lighthouse keeper. According to the Guildmaster, this will be a safe place for you to rest, reequip, or regroup. Your target, Abbey Isle, is another two hours beyond the lighthouse.

After an uneventful trip, you arrive at the dock. The lighthouse is manned by a retired human officer named Major Ursa who greets you on the dock. The major is a huge, barrel-chested man with a bright red beard and a circlet of thin red-gray hair on his balding head. He wears a gaudy red and yellow kilt with his warhammer and dagger hanging from a broad leather belt. Agryri shared with you that the major lives, and enjoys, the solitary life of a lighthouse keeper, and he is a respected member of the mariners' guild.

He escorts you to the lighthouse with a common room in the first floor of the lighthouse that triples as a kitchen, dining room, and barracks. After you settle in, he serves a simple but warm fish stew and offers the following information:

"The only safe place to get ashore on the reef-ringed, rocky little island is a large sandy beach known as the Skull Dunes. The dunes are full of undead, because the clerics of the abbey created an army of skeletons to guard the beach. The skeletons lie under the sand and attack anyone who comes near."

"The pirates got ashore somehow. There's probably a path through the undead, but finding it's the problem. We didn't catch up with the pirates till after they'd left the island. They'd taken as good as they gave. They were a miserable, sorry lot when we attacked and routed what was left of them. One shipload escaped, but we sank the others. The sea and the sharks got the survivors, so we never got a firsthand account of what happened on the island or of how the pirates got through the dunes."

"As for the abbey, who knows for sure? We never got anywhere near the place. Smoke rose from the island for days after the pirates attacked. Maybe that means the island's been abandoned, or maybe the abbey burned and the clerics are waiting to rebuild. I don't know. That's what you've been hired to find out."


CG M Elf Cleric 5 | AC 16 (18w/shield) | Init: +3 | HP 14/38 | 1st 1/4, 2nd 1/3 3rd 1/2 Ch 1/1 | HD 5/1d8 | PasPer 17 |

"This is a great chance to deal a blow to two dark forces."

He looks to the others. "If we can find where the pirates went ashore and follow their trail, it may be cleared of skeletons. I can use my god's gifts to turn some away, but it is limited by my mortal shell."


Lvl 6 Warlock Tarn Copperlocks HP (49/49) AoA (15/15) AC (19) Saves (5/2/4/0/2/5) Spells (1/2) Current Buffs ( AoA ) HD (5/5) Flight (3/3)

”Lets go then! Straight to the beach, dance with the undead and walk right into the abbey. A good workout and right fast. What do ye all say?”


Sheet Half-elf Rogue (Swashbuckler) 42/42 HP 16 AC 10.18.14.8.12.16 DEX,INT 2x:Init+7 P.Per 14, Insight 14, Invest 9 darkvision 2x:initiative, stealth, charmed, ∅:sleep

Argyri grins, "Well, I'm with Kwin–if we can find the pirates' path and avoid the skeletons, I won't complain, but I'm ready for'm either way.

"Badger, you think you can find us the pirate's trail, if I sail us close enough?"

I assume, since we fought skeletons before, we'd know that they're vulnerable to bludgeoning? It won't help me–I don't think there are any finesse weapons that bludgeon, but maybe that's useful for someone else in prep?


Sheet Half-elf Rogue (Swashbuckler) 42/42 HP 16 AC 10.18.14.8.12.16 DEX,INT 2x:Init+7 P.Per 14, Insight 14, Invest 9 darkvision 2x:initiative, stealth, charmed, ∅:sleep

"...In the morning, I mean, obviously. Who wants to try to find a path past a field of skeletons in the dark?"

Jubal, thanks for the reminder. ;-)


High Elf |Wizard 5th|CG|HP:30/35HD:6d6+2|AC:13/16(MA16/19)|Init:+3|S-1 D+3 C+2 I+6 W+3 Ch+0|SpAtt+6 DC14|BladeSong 3/3|1st-3/4 2nd-3/3-3rd-3/3

"I have prepared sufficient offensive cantrips and spells for this endeavor. Hopefully neither pirate nor skeleton has spells like mine!" Drusilla boasts as she reads by candlelight.

"Yes in the morning we have a hearty breakfast and make sure to pack some provisions. Just in case. You never know if we will need to replenish our energies or heal up." The elven fishman says looking more like a strange mix of Wizard, sailor, and pirate.


Lvl 6 Warlock Tarn Copperlocks HP (49/49) AoA (15/15) AC (19) Saves (5/2/4/0/2/5) Spells (1/2) Current Buffs ( AoA ) HD (5/5) Flight (3/3)

"But...they'd never expect us in the dark, aye?" Tarn said. "Go in at night, only an idiot would do that. Those pirates would be caught flat-footed, aye? And it's not like the undead care one bit. Skeletons don't even have eyeballs. It just means that they be extra spooky."


Male Forest Gnome Ranger 6 HP 36/49 | AC 16 |Hit Dice 4/4d10 |Init. +4 | Speed/Swim 25ft| Passive Perception 12

"Day is always better. Some undead are weaker with the sun up. Some can't come out at all. Sure skeletons don't care but . . . what else might be there?"


* Saltmarsh *

After breaking your fast and sailing two hours, you arrive at Abbey Isle around mid morning. The island is little more than a slab of rock rising from the ocean. The sea has battered its crumbling cliffs so that almost the entire island is surrounded by dangerous rocky shoals. The waves crashing and splashing over the jagged rocks make it obvious, even to landlubbers, that any attempt to navigate the shoals can only end in disaster.

In fact, there is no reason to pass through the dangerous rocks, because the granite cliffs beyond them rise directly out of the water, offering no place to land or come ashore. Only the sandy area (the Skull Dunes) at the southernmost tip of the island offers a safe place to land a boat. The Skull Dunes lie beyond a beach of coarse brown sand at the southern end of the island. The dunes are desolate; only an occasional bit of scraggly grass grows here and there in the sandy hollows. You land at the most southern tip of the island.

Map of Abbey Isle updated in profile Google doc

Please double check your marching order: Tarn, Drusilla, Badger, Kwin, Argyri. You don't have to march single file.

I need one character to make a Survival (Wis) check with advantage to find a non-skeleton path through the Skull Dunes. I assume someone is helping them to get advantage. How well you roll determines how many skeletons you trigger. No pressure!. Cheers


Lvl 6 Warlock Tarn Copperlocks HP (49/49) AoA (15/15) AC (19) Saves (5/2/4/0/2/5) Spells (1/2) Current Buffs ( AoA ) HD (5/5) Flight (3/3)

Survival: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (14) + 2 = 16
Adv: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (18) + 2 = 20

”Right! This is any different than picking the right tunnel, aye? I can do this. It’s just like dodging kobolds an’ gobbos!” The dwarf said with (probably misplaced) optimism.

Can more than one person roll? If so then Tarn will give it a shot. If not he will defer to whomever has the highest skill


* Saltmarsh *

One character. right or left: 1d2 ⇒ 1

Tarn charges ahead leading the way, with a what's the worst that can happen? attitude. ”Right! This is any different than picking the right tunnel, aye? I can do this. It’s just like dodging kobolds an’ gobbos!” The dwarf said with (probably misplaced) optimism.

Kwin and Badger scream at him several times to avoid areas with tell tale signs of buried skeletons. You get a quarter mile through the Skull Dunes (and away from your getaway boat) when dwarven luck finally runs out.

Initiative:
Badger: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 41d20 + 3 ⇒ (6) + 3 = 9 Tarn: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (19) + 1 = 20 Drusilla: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (13) + 3 = 16 Argyri(adv): 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (7) + 7 = 14Argyri(adv): 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (20) + 7 = 27 Kwin: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5 Bad guys: 1d20 ⇒ 10

Eight skeletons emerge around you from beneath the dunes.
Tarn, Drusilla and Argyri are up!


Lvl 6 Warlock Tarn Copperlocks HP (49/49) AoA (15/15) AC (19) Saves (5/2/4/0/2/5) Spells (1/2) Current Buffs ( AoA ) HD (5/5) Flight (3/3)

Tarn laughed heartily as the skeletons blocked their way. Hammer in hand he surged forth, early tripping on the loose sand, before engaging the nearest one. ”Easy gold!” He declared as he swung.

Hit: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (2) + 8 = 10
Blunt Damage: 2d6 + 5 ⇒ (6, 4) + 5 = 15

Hit: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (10) + 8 = 18
Damage: 2d6 + 5 ⇒ (3, 3) + 5 = 11

+3 bludgeoning damage to first hit


Sheet Half-elf Rogue (Swashbuckler) 42/42 HP 16 AC 10.18.14.8.12.16 DEX,INT 2x:Init+7 P.Per 14, Insight 14, Invest 9 darkvision 2x:initiative, stealth, charmed, ∅:sleep

Moments before the skeletons start to rise, Argyri is both excited and alarmed when the dagger in her off hand begins to thrum in warning.

The moment one rises out of the sand, Argyri aims for a weak spot on its spine, hoping to sever it in two.

"We've got this, Seabright!", she reassures the stuffed margay on her shoulder.

Rapier: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (16) + 8 = 24 Damage: 1d8 + 5 + 3d6 ⇒ (4) + 5 + (5, 5, 3) = 22
Dagger: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (16) + 7 = 23 Damage: 1d4 ⇒ 2

Will move as needed to get to use Sneak. Will use uncanny dodge vs first time I'm hit


High Elf |Wizard 5th|CG|HP:30/35HD:6d6+2|AC:13/16(MA16/19)|Init:+3|S-1 D+3 C+2 I+6 W+3 Ch+0|SpAtt+6 DC14|BladeSong 3/3|1st-3/4 2nd-3/3-3rd-3/3

"Great skeletons" Druilla says a bit grossed out. She points her finger and lets her magical syllables fly.

Fire Bolt: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (2) + 7 = 9
Fire: 2d10 ⇒ (4, 1) = 5


* Saltmarsh *

Tarn laughed heartily as the skeletons blocked their way. Hammer in hand he surged forth, early tripping on the loose sand, before engaging the nearest one. ”Easy gold!” He declared as he swung.
Skeleton 1 is destroyed

The moment one rises out of the sand, Argyri aims for a weak spot on its spine, hoping to sever it in two.
Skeleton 2 is destroyed

The six remaining skeletons encircle you and attack you with their claws.
Skeleton 3 vs Tarn: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (16) + 4 = 201d6 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6
Skeleton 4 vs Argyri: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (8) + 4 = 121d6 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6
Skeleton 5 vs Drusilla: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (5) + 4 = 91d6 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4
Skeleton 6 vs Kwin: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (14) + 4 = 181d6 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5
Skeleton 7 vs badger: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (8) + 4 = 121d6 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5
1d3 ⇒ 2
Skeleton 8 vs Kwin: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (12) + 4 = 161d6 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6

Everyone is up! Ranged attacks are at disadvantage unless you step out of their melee threaten range


Lvl 6 Warlock Tarn Copperlocks HP (49/49) AoA (15/15) AC (19) Saves (5/2/4/0/2/5) Spells (1/2) Current Buffs ( AoA ) HD (5/5) Flight (3/3)

Skeleton 3 takes 15 cold damage from Armor of Agathys. The spell has 9 temp HP left.

Assuming the armor of agathys takes care of skeleton 3. In which case he moves on to the next closest

hit: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (5) + 8 = 13
Blunt Damage: 2d6 + 5 ⇒ (1, 4) + 5 = 10

hit: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (15) + 8 = 23
Blunt Damage: 2d6 + 8 ⇒ (1, 4) + 8 = 13

Grinning as he fought, Tarn didn't even notice the skeleton behind him as it swung it's weapon at him. The weapon never connected. Rather, ice and frost formed on it, causing it to literally freeze in it's tracks. Moving on, the dwarf continued to swing him hammer about wildly, obviously enjoying himself.


* Saltmarsh *

AC 13 Skeleton 3 is destroyed. Destroy two more, Tarn. You're a machine


High Elf |Wizard 5th|CG|HP:30/35HD:6d6+2|AC:13/16(MA16/19)|Init:+3|S-1 D+3 C+2 I+6 W+3 Ch+0|SpAtt+6 DC14|BladeSong 3/3|1st-3/4 2nd-3/3-3rd-3/3

Drusilla moves back and lets fly another Firebolt

firebolt: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (18) + 7 = 25
Fire Damage: 2d10 ⇒ (5, 9) = 14


Sheet Half-elf Rogue (Swashbuckler) 42/42 HP 16 AC 10.18.14.8.12.16 DEX,INT 2x:Init+7 P.Per 14, Insight 14, Invest 9 darkvision 2x:initiative, stealth, charmed, ∅:sleep

"Hey slow down, big guy! Leave a few for the rest of us." Argyri laughs as Tarn takes down three at a time.

As a point of professional pride, she does her best to keep up: knocking one's skull off with a sharp jab of her enchanted rapier, and then slashing at the next with her new dagger.

Rapier: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (16) + 8 = 24 Damage: 1d8 + 5 + 3d6 ⇒ (3) + 5 + (1, 2, 2) = 13
Dagger: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (20) + 7 = 27 Damage (x2): 2d4 ⇒ (2, 1) = 3


Male Forest Gnome Ranger 6 HP 36/49 | AC 16 |Hit Dice 4/4d10 |Init. +4 | Speed/Swim 25ft| Passive Perception 12

Badger draws his new swords that ring lightly as the are pulled from the sheathes. He sweeps his swords in wide arcs hoping to hack into the brittle bone.

Shortsword 1: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (20) + 7 = 27
Shortsword 2: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (17) + 7 = 24
Shortsword Bonus: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (1) + 7 = 8

Damage Shortsword 1 CRIT: 2d6 + 5 ⇒ (2, 3) + 5 = 10
Damage Shortsword 2: 1d6 + 5 ⇒ (4) + 5 = 9
Colossus Slayer: 1d8 ⇒ 2


CG M Elf Cleric 5 | AC 16 (18w/shield) | Init: +3 | HP 14/38 | 1st 1/4, 2nd 1/3 3rd 1/2 Ch 1/1 | HD 5/1d8 | PasPer 17 |

Kwin swings his staff with both hands at the skeleton engaged with him.

To hit 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (15) + 2 = 17, damage 1d8 + 0 ⇒ (8) + 0 = 8


* Saltmarsh *

Drusilla moves back and lets fly another Firebolt
AC 13 Skeleton 6 is destroyed.

"Hey slow down, big guy! Leave a few for the rest of us." Argyri laughs as Tarn takes down three at a time.
AC 13 Skeleton 7 is destroyed.

Badger draws his new swords that ring lightly as the are pulled from the sheathes. He sweeps his swords in wide arcs hoping to hack into the brittle bone.
AC 13 Skeleton 8 is destroyed.

Combat over. Someone wants to make another Survival check to navigate the rest of Skull Dunes


Male Forest Gnome Ranger 6 HP 36/49 | AC 16 |Hit Dice 4/4d10 |Init. +4 | Speed/Swim 25ft| Passive Perception 12

Survival: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (14) + 4 = 18

"This way stay frosty."


Lvl 6 Warlock Tarn Copperlocks HP (49/49) AoA (15/15) AC (19) Saves (5/2/4/0/2/5) Spells (1/2) Current Buffs ( AoA ) HD (5/5) Flight (3/3)

Tarn grinned as he dusted off the skeletal remains from himself. It felt good to tangle with enemies that seemed designed to be weak against his strengths. ”Think that was all they have? I can almost count the gold!” He said as he followed Badger.


* Saltmarsh *

Nothing to see here: 1d100 ⇒ 23

Badger successfully navigates you through the last of the Skull Dunes. Abbey Isle is roughly two miles long and 1 mile wide. You head inland along the long axis. The island has little wildlife but is covered in grass, small flowering plants, and a few gnarled, stunted trees and shrubs.

After about a mile of traveling, you spot what's left of the abbey. All that remains of the abbey is a great square of stones filled with burned and blackened rubble. As you approach the sooty stones, it is obvious someone has been sorting through the debris. Assorted oddments are piled inside the scorched square of the foundation stones. Ruined cooking utensils, crushed pots and pans, mangled kettles, and less identifiable metal objects lie in one pile. Broken crockery, platters, plates, porcelain, and pottery are heaped in another.

A great deal of wood has been sorted into one large mound of badly burned scraps. In the center of the ruins is an opening, and as you move nearer, you see a stone staircase leading down into darkness.


Lvl 6 Warlock Tarn Copperlocks HP (49/49) AoA (15/15) AC (19) Saves (5/2/4/0/2/5) Spells (1/2) Current Buffs ( AoA ) HD (5/5) Flight (3/3)

Tarn peered down into the darkness, his face suddenly serious. "Place is collapsed. Poorly built. Down there may well be the same. I'll take point. If I say we get out, we get out. A cave-in will kill us faster and more efficiently than any skeleton, aye?"


CG M Elf Cleric 5 | AC 16 (18w/shield) | Init: +3 | HP 14/38 | 1st 1/4, 2nd 1/3 3rd 1/2 Ch 1/1 | HD 5/1d8 | PasPer 17 |
Tarn Copperlocks wrote:
Tarn peered down into the darkness, his face suddenly serious. "Place is collapsed. Poorly built. Down there may well be the same. I'll take point. If I say we get out, we get out. A cave-in will kill us faster and more efficiently than any skeleton, aye?"

"You seem wise in the earthy ways of your kin. We will follow your guidance."


High Elf |Wizard 5th|CG|HP:30/35HD:6d6+2|AC:13/16(MA16/19)|Init:+3|S-1 D+3 C+2 I+6 W+3 Ch+0|SpAtt+6 DC14|BladeSong 3/3|1st-3/4 2nd-3/3-3rd-3/3

"Agreed crushing rock is not a great death" Drusilla says as she pulls her scimitar and casts Mage Armor.


Sheet Half-elf Rogue (Swashbuckler) 42/42 HP 16 AC 10.18.14.8.12.16 DEX,INT 2x:Init+7 P.Per 14, Insight 14, Invest 9 darkvision 2x:initiative, stealth, charmed, ∅:sleep

"Less creepily than spiders anyway...but yeah, you say go, we go!"

As Argyri mentions spiders, she reaches up reflexively to pet Seabright. Then she stands ready, rapier and dagger in hand, and ready to follow close at the miner's heels.


* Saltmarsh *

The stairs lead down to a charred wooden door. It's not locked and will not open.

Game Mechanics:
It can be forced open by a character who makes a successful DC 14 Strength check.

Or beaten down. (AC 15, 30 hit points, damage threshold 5)

Map updated in link in profile


Lvl 6 Warlock Tarn Copperlocks HP (49/49) AoA (15/15) AC (19) Saves (5/2/4/0/2/5) Spells (1/2) Current Buffs ( AoA ) HD (5/5) Flight (3/3)

Str: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (13) + 4 = 17

Tarn gave the door a solid shove, forcing it open.


* Saltmarsh *

DM rolls:
Badger: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (18) + 3 = 211d20 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5 Tarn: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 1 = 8 Drusilla: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (20) + 3 = 23 Argyri(adv): 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (1) + 7 = 8Argyri(adv): 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (18) + 7 = 25 Kwin: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (15) + 3 = 18 Bad guys: 1d20 ⇒ 15

After Tarn busts down the door, you see at least two warriors in front of you wearing splint mail and wielding bastard swords, ready to kill you. Behind them is a large room filled with debris of material and food waste, which approximates a common living area of very messy people. It's 30 feet from the doorway to the stone wall and at least 30 feet to the side stone walls. But, it's hard to tell from your vantage inside the ten foot wide stairwell.

Tarn and Argyri stand side by side at the door facing the two warriors. Drusilla and Kwin stand behind them up a few stairs. And Badger is up the stairs behind Dru and Kwin. Dru, Kwin and Badger can see the second row of fighters behind the two in splint mail bottlenecking the doorway. One looks the same with splint mail and bastard sword. The other guy is big and ugly wearing studded leather armor wielding a spear and shield.

Badger, Drusilla and Kwin are up


Male Forest Gnome Ranger 6 HP 36/49 | AC 16 |Hit Dice 4/4d10 |Init. +4 | Speed/Swim 25ft| Passive Perception 12

Badger strings an arrow, "We're with the Saltmarsh Mariner's guild. If your friends of the guild or Saltmarsh now's the time to stand down and tell yer tale."

Badger looks about for pirate brands, tats or markings.

If they take the slightest of hostile actions Badger shoots. If allies take hostile actions . . . Badger shoots and hopes they are pirates.

Bow 1 if it goes south: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (7) + 6 = 13
Bow 2 if it goes south: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (19) + 6 = 25
Damage 1: 1d6 + 6 ⇒ (2) + 6 = 8
Damage 2: 1d6 + 6 ⇒ (5) + 6 = 11
Colossus Slayer: 1d8 ⇒ 1


High Elf |Wizard 5th|CG|HP:30/35HD:6d6+2|AC:13/16(MA16/19)|Init:+3|S-1 D+3 C+2 I+6 W+3 Ch+0|SpAtt+6 DC14|BladeSong 3/3|1st-3/4 2nd-3/3-3rd-3/3

Drusilla points her blade forward aiming at one of the men in the second line and utters a quick set of Draconic words. With it a bolt of pure fire heads straight to the fellow.

Spell Attack: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (19) + 6 = 25
Fire Bolt: 2d10 ⇒ (3, 5) = 8


* Saltmarsh *

Kwin, Argyri & Badger, can only ready an Action


Sheet Half-elf Rogue (Swashbuckler) 42/42 HP 16 AC 10.18.14.8.12.16 DEX,INT 2x:Init+7 P.Per 14, Insight 14, Invest 9 darkvision 2x:initiative, stealth, charmed, ∅:sleep

Sorry, I'm not sure I understand. Why can we only ready an Action? Or are you saying that if we choose to wait to see what the people do, then all we get is a readied action?
.
Somewhat related, as someone with the Pirate/Sailor background, can I tell if these are pirates at a glance?

If Argyri can tell that these are pirates, based on her background:

Argyri replies to Badger, "Oh, no need to wonder. These are the pirates, alright! Heck, I've met this one before and he's a nasty piece of work.", and then skewers the pirate in front of her through the throat before he can react.

Rapier: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (20) + 8 = 28 Damage: 2d8 + 5 + 6d6 ⇒ (5, 1) + 5 + (5, 1, 4, 1, 4, 5) = 31
Dagger: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (16) + 7 = 23 Damage: 1d4 ⇒ 3

If Argyri is unsure of their motivation:

Argyri is about to strike when Badger's question gives her pause. She follows his cue, and waits to see if they're aggressive before she makes her move to stab the one before her.

(Copied from above spoiler, without the Dagger since I think if I ready an action maybe I don't get the 2nd hand attack?
Rapier: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (20) + 8 = 28 Damage: 2d8 + 5 + 6d6 ⇒ (5, 1) + 5 + (5, 1, 4, 1, 4, 5) = 31


* Saltmarsh *

These are not pirates. They are probably the surviving cultists.

Per RAW, you can only ready an Action in combat. Tarn busted down the door triggering initiative, and Drusilla fired a Firebolt. We are in combat.

If you want to retcon Drusilla's Firebolt, you can and post Readied actions.


High Elf |Wizard 5th|CG|HP:30/35HD:6d6+2|AC:13/16(MA16/19)|Init:+3|S-1 D+3 C+2 I+6 W+3 Ch+0|SpAtt+6 DC14|BladeSong 3/3|1st-3/4 2nd-3/3-3rd-3/3

Yeah I'll retcon my action,

Drusilla readies a spell in her mind and on her tongue. Should any of the ones within do something suspcious.


* Saltmarsh *

The big, ugly guy replies, "surrender or fight!"

You're up.


Lvl 6 Warlock Tarn Copperlocks HP (49/49) AoA (15/15) AC (19) Saves (5/2/4/0/2/5) Spells (1/2) Current Buffs ( AoA ) HD (5/5) Flight (3/3)

Hit: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (14) + 8 = 22
Blunt Damage: 2d6 + 5 ⇒ (3, 2) + 5 = 10

Hit: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (20) + 8 = 28
Crit Damage: 2d6 + 2d6 + 5 ⇒ (4, 5) + (5, 6) + 5 = 25

Add 3 to first hit

Total Damage: 10 + 25 + 3 = 38

Tarn gave a half shrug. "Right. Ye'll die then." He swept low with his hammer and then brought it up and around, connecting with the man's head.


High Elf |Wizard 5th|CG|HP:30/35HD:6d6+2|AC:13/16(MA16/19)|Init:+3|S-1 D+3 C+2 I+6 W+3 Ch+0|SpAtt+6 DC14|BladeSong 3/3|1st-3/4 2nd-3/3-3rd-3/3

Drusilla will let loose her spell.She aims at the one who spoke

Firebolt: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (17) + 7 = 24
Burn Baby Burn: 2d10 ⇒ (2, 3) = 5


Male Forest Gnome Ranger 6 HP 36/49 | AC 16 |Hit Dice 4/4d10 |Init. +4 | Speed/Swim 25ft| Passive Perception 12
Badger the Rover wrote:

If they take the slightest of hostile actions Badger shoots. If allies take hostile actions . . . Badger shoots and hopes they are pirates.

Bow 1 if it goes south: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (7) + 6 = 13
Bow 2 if it goes south: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (19) + 6 = 25
Damage 1: 1d6 + 6 ⇒ (2) + 6 = 8
Damage 2: 1d6 + 6 ⇒ (5) + 6 = 11
Colossus Slayer: 1d8 ⇒ 1

It went south. Arrows I choose you.

As he fires Badger half heartedly says, "You try to be nice."


Sheet Half-elf Rogue (Swashbuckler) 42/42 HP 16 AC 10.18.14.8.12.16 DEX,INT 2x:Init+7 P.Per 14, Insight 14, Invest 9 darkvision 2x:initiative, stealth, charmed, ∅:sleep

Argyri shrugs and says to Badger, "Well, you tried."

She attempts to take down the cultists before they can do the same to her or her friends. As she does, she asks, "Really, you'll die for this place? Why?"

Rapier: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (12) + 8 = 20 Damage: 1d8 + 5 + 3d6 ⇒ (3) + 5 + (5, 1, 3) = 17
Dagger: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (11) + 7 = 18 Damage: 1d4 ⇒ 2


* Saltmarsh *

Kwin


* Saltmarsh *

Tarn gave a half shrug. "Right. Ye'll die then." He swept low with his hammer and then brought it up and around, connecting with the man's head.
AC 17 Vet 1 takes 38 damage

Drusilla will let loose her spell. She aims at the one who spoke
Og takes 5 damage

As he fires Badger half heartedly says, "You try to be nice."
AC 17 Vet 1 takes 20 +38 = 58 damage and dies

Argyri attempts to take down the cultists before they can do the same to her or her friends. As she does, she asks, "Really, you'll die for this place? Why?"
AC 17 Vet 2 takes 19 damage

Kwin casts a spell.
Sacred Flame Dex 15 vs Og: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (16) + 2 = 182d8 ⇒ (1, 6) = 7

You hear casting from both sides around the corner of the stairwell.
Bless 1 of 10 rounds
Vet 2 heals: 1d8 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5

The first warrior attacks Argyri with bastard sword.
Vet 2 vs Argyri 1: 1d20 + 5 + 1d4 ⇒ (3) + 5 + (1) = 91d10 + 3 ⇒ (6) + 3 = 9
Vet 2 vs Argyri 2: 1d20 + 5 + 1d4 ⇒ (19) + 5 + (3) = 271d10 + 3 ⇒ (7) + 3 = 10

The leader steps up to attack Tarn with a spear.
Og vs Tarn 1: 1d20 + 7 + 1d4 ⇒ (19) + 7 + (3) = 292d6 + 4 ⇒ (4, 5) + 4 = 13
Og vs Tarn 2: 1d20 + 7 + 1d4 ⇒ (9) + 7 + (3) = 192d6 + 4 ⇒ (1, 1) + 4 = 6
Og vs Tarn 3: 1d20 + 7 + 1d4 ⇒ (2) + 7 + (2) = 112d6 + 4 ⇒ (5, 2) + 4 = 11

The third warrior in splint armor pulls unslings a heavy crossbow and shoots at badger.
Vet 3 vs Kwin: 1d20 + 3 + 1d4 ⇒ (9) + 3 + (1) = 131d10 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3

Party up!


Lvl 6 Warlock Tarn Copperlocks HP (49/49) AoA (15/15) AC (19) Saves (5/2/4/0/2/5) Spells (1/2) Current Buffs ( AoA ) HD (5/5) Flight (3/3)

Armor of Agathys causes 15 cold damage and is expended. 4 wounds taken

Hit: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (4) + 8 = 12
Blunt Damage: 2d6 + 5 ⇒ (4, 3) + 5 = 12

Hit: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (12) + 8 = 20
Damage: 2d6 + 8 ⇒ (6, 6) + 8 = 20

Tarn stumbled back, surprised by the speed of the spear. The blade cut through his defenses and into him. Bleeding, he swept his hammer around in an arc. Less deadly than before, it at least bought him time and space to recover.

201 to 250 of 1,867 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / [5e] Ghosts of Saltmarsh All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.